PDA

View Full Version : A "Slap" sighting In A Jets forum "Tebow talk heats up"

Punisher
04-13-2012, 07:28 AM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=71743 (http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=71743&page=8)

The pot thickens when Jets, Broncos and Cowboy Fans ponder Neckbeards comments about Tebow and how he split the fan base in Denver.

55CrushEm
04-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Haha.....so Slap is still alive? Being his usual d1ckhead self......

:giggle:

Rohirrim
04-13-2012, 07:40 AM

Strange that he couldn't take the heat here. He seems perfectly able to stir it up over there. ;D

RedEyedJeti
04-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Who's Tebow?

Dedhed
04-13-2012, 07:47 AM
The "pot thickness", really?

Bronco Rob
04-13-2012, 07:48 AM
You just knew there'd be a well thought out post like this on a Denver Fan forum:

The moment that McD drafted Tebow, it created a QB controversy behind Orton. The Gator Nation's fans invaded the Broncos fanbase and pushed for their boy to start immediately. That naturally spilled into the media and eventually made for a divided Denver team.

On the one hand were the players who preferred Orton (yes, there were quite a few), he did nicely in his 1st year in Denver (8-7 as a starter) and there was a feeling that things were on an upswing.

Then McD let his mancrush get the better of him and he drafted Tebow - clearly a project QB at best - in the first round. Some players felt that as a 1st round pick, Tebow was the destined starter, so their support of Orton as a team leader waned.

I am positive that if Tebow hadn't been drafted or had been taken in a later round that Kyle Orton would still be the starter in Denver and have kept his winning record intact. The division that Tebow caused with his mere presence doomed Orton.

Watch the Jets this year. The Tebow faithful will not stand for their boy to sit behind Mark Sanchez. Every mistake Sanchez makes - a pick, a failed 3rd down conversion, a sack - will simply be fuel for their fire. Chants of "Tebow, Tebow, Tebow!" will soon fill the air, billboards will be erected, local sports talk radio shows will be overrun with Tebow fans demanding his start at every turn. Eventually, Rex Ryan and the Jets FO will capitulate - after all, Sanchez is a good QB that you can win with, but he lacks the Hall-of-Fame aura to protect him from such an assault. The Jets will go from an on-the-rise team that regularly makes the AFC Championship game to a meager bunch of also-rans. Sunk by a talentless QB's relentless army of fans..

Hilarious!

bronco militia
04-13-2012, 07:51 AM
You just knew there'd be a well thought out post like this on a Denver Fan forum:

The moment that McD drafted Tebow, it created a QB controversy behind Orton. The Gator Nation's fans invaded the Broncos fanbase and pushed for their boy to start immediately. That naturally spilled into the media and eventually made for a divided Denver team.

On the one hand were the players who preferred Orton (yes, there were quite a few), he did nicely in his 1st year in Denver (8-7 as a starter) and there was a feeling that things were on an upswing.

Then McD let his mancrush get the better of him and he drafted Tebow - clearly a project QB at best - in the first round. Some players felt that as a 1st round pick, Tebow was the destined starter, so their support of Orton as a team leader waned.

I am positive that if Tebow hadn't been drafted or had been taken in a later round that Kyle Orton would still be the starter in Denver and have kept his winning record intact. The division that Tebow caused with his mere presence doomed Orton.

Watch the Jets this year. The Tebow faithful will not stand for their boy to sit behind Mark Sanchez. Every mistake Sanchez makes - a pick, a failed 3rd down conversion, a sack - will simply be fuel for their fire. Chants of "Tebow, Tebow, Tebow!" will soon fill the air, billboards will be erected, local sports talk radio shows will be overrun with Tebow fans demanding his start at every turn. Eventually, Rex Ryan and the Jets FO will capitulate - after all, Sanchez is a good QB that you can win with, but he lacks the Hall-of-Fame aura to protect him from such an assault. The Jets will go from an on-the-rise team that regularly makes the AFC Championship game to a meager bunch of also-rans. Sunk by a talentless QB's relentless army of fans..

Hilarious!

everything is spot on except this:

The Jets will go from an on-the-rise team that regularly makes the AFC Championship game to a meager bunch of also-rans. Sunk by a talentless QB's relentless army of fans..

there are 0 facts to support this opinion.

Punisher
04-13-2012, 07:51 AM
The "pot thickness", really?

Excuse my stupidity

bendog
04-13-2012, 07:52 AM

The Jets will go from an on-the-rise team that regularly makes the AFC Championship game to a meager bunch of also-rans. Sunk by a talentless QB's relentless army of fans..

And this

But that Orton is really a back up talent who at best can manage a game and not lose it, I agree. McDouche was a dead man walking after he pissed off Frown Cannon and didn't replace him with a real qb ... but then he's a guy who thought Sand Castle was Lombardi material ....

55CrushEm
04-13-2012, 07:54 AM

I wouldn't say EVERYTHING was spot on except that......

How about thath he believes Orton would have continued his winning record?!?! Really? How? By extrapolating that 1-4 start?

Puh-leeeeeese.

bronco militia
04-13-2012, 07:55 AM
I wouldn't say EVERYTHING was spot on except that......

How about thath he believes Orton would have continued his winning record?!?! Really? How? By extrapolating that 1-4 start?

Puh-leeeeeese.

obviously slap thought the broncos with orton were a "on-the-rise team that regularly makes the AFC Championship game"

:~ohyah!:

Punisher
04-13-2012, 07:56 AM
lol this

http://forums.theganggreen.com/images/smilies/lol.gif I don't "think" Timmie isn't a good QB, I know it.

Aside from that, I love the fact that the Jests actually went out and invited a QB controversy ignited by a circus sideshow atmosphere to engulf their team. See, that's what that red Bills helmet in my avatar means: I'm a Bills fan, and I enjoy it when other AFCE teams suffer, especially when the suffering is self-inflicted. http://forums.theganggreen.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

I can't wait to see the great offense Tony Sparano creates to use both Sanchez and Tebow "effectively" in the same game.
I can't wait to hear the "Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!" chants reverberating around Met Life Stadium whenever Mark Sanchez makes a miscue.
I can't wait for the post-game pressers where all the questions revolve around Timmie and why he didn't get the 20 snaps that Rex "promised".

YEE-HAWWWW!!!! http://forums.theganggreen.com/images/smilies/beer.gif

bendog
04-13-2012, 07:57 AM
yeah, but Tebow will split the fanbase. And it's the Jests. It's as perfect an irony as Frown Cannon telling Den fans to FO, and getting exiled to Chicago where the last person to actually pose as a real qb was McMahon and in reality they haven't seen one since Sid Luckman.

55CrushEm
04-13-2012, 07:58 AM
obviously slap thought the broncos with orton were a "on-the-rise team that regularly makes the AFC Championship game"

:~ohyah!:

I know. Seriously....wtf is he smoking?

Dedhed
04-13-2012, 07:59 AM

I'm trying to figure how you could possibly classify the Jets as being on the rise. The Jets were the very picture of a meager bunch of also-rans last year. Done in partly by the very player who this guy is lamenting will turn them into what he apparently doesn't realize they already are.

bendog
04-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Slap's just egging them on. He grew tired of trying to talk football with the McDites here. As did I. It was a dark time for broncos fans.

bronco militia
04-13-2012, 08:01 AM
I know. Seriously....wtf is he smoking?

something that was mind altering....

I don't know why some people refuse to give credit where credit is due.

lolcopter
04-13-2012, 08:02 AM
Orton blows

Tebow is better and he can't even throw the damn ball

bronco militia
04-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Orton blows

^this....boom!

bendog
04-13-2012, 08:06 AM
^this....boom!

yep.

razorwire77
04-13-2012, 08:10 AM
I can't wait until that lolerz moment when Sanchez goes fetal a couple of times or throws a pick six in the 4th quarter and the "Tebow" "Tebow" "Tebow" chants start.

SouthStndJunkie
04-13-2012, 08:16 AM
I see Slap leaving comments now and then on Pro Football Talk.

I never had a problem with Slap, I always enjoyed his takes.

Arkie
04-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Slap has a lot of knowledge on sports history. I usually liked reading his posts. I remember he hated Peyton Manning though. He probably didn't like the signing. lol

bendog
04-13-2012, 08:21 AM
He knows football, but doesn't suffer fools. He likes dogs. Speaking of which, this reminds me of the current dog

http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ucomics.com/pe120413.gif

55CrushEm
04-13-2012, 08:22 AM
I see Slap leaving comments now and then on Pro Football Talk.

I never had a problem with Slap, I always enjoyed his takes.

Oh, Slap was pretty knowledgable on football.

But he was/is still a royal douchebag.

Kaylore
04-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Orton blows

:approve:

Rohirrim
04-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Nice to see Slap went out and got new dogs. That was one of the lowest points on this forum, when Slap's dog died and there were some on here using that to attack him. That was some lowball ****.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Big Blocker has some legit concerns..He knows how much damage a swarm of Tebows can do.

Requiem
04-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Nice to see Slap went out and got new dogs. That was one of the lowest points on this forum, when Slap's dog died and there were some on here using that to attack him. That was some lowball ****.

Well, Slap was kind of a dick so even though you don't wanna see that happen, it's expected.

Gort
04-13-2012, 08:35 AM
yeah, but Tebow will split the fanbase. And it's the Jests. It's as perfect an irony as Frown Cannon telling Den fans to FO, and getting exiled to Chicago where the last person to actually pose as a real qb was McMahon and in reality they haven't seen one since Sid Luckman.

Tebow didn't split the fanbase here.

what split the fanbase was Orton's suckitude in 2010.

in 2010, McD refused to put Tebow in during red zone situations, even though we were AWFUL at converting those into TDs under Orton. when McD finally relented after weeks of being badgered by THE MEDIA, guess what? Tebow scored some TDs for us down there.

Tebow fans +1, Tebow haters 0

then we went on a long, embarrassing losing streak under Orton, culminating in a couple of games where Orton was obviously injured but refused to come out. his injury was affecting his ability to throw. we were losing and we were dejected. the interim HC finally had enough and "benched Orton" in favor Tebow although it was portrayed as an injury benching. all Tebow did in those final 3 games was provide excitement for the first time all season and actually pull out a 2nd half comeback against Houston.

Tebow fans +2, Tebow haters 0

in 2011, Orton sucks and leads us to a 1-4 start. the coaching staff sees the writing on the wall and puts in Tebow. initially, when forced to play in the Orton system, Tebow is not very good. but once the coaching staff adapts the offense to suit Tebow's skills, we go on a miraculous 7-game winning streak that brings excitement back to the fans for the first time in 5 or 6 years.

Tebow fans +3, Tebow haters 0

we make the playoffs

Tebow fans +4, Tebow haters 0

we beat the Pissburgh Squeelers

Tebow fans +5, Tebow haters 0

we lose badly to NE and are beaten in all aspects of the game by a better team. there is much rejoicing in TGN's household.

Tebow fans +5, Tebow haters +1

the 2011 success leads Manning to consider Denver as a possible destination.

Gort
04-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Orton blows

"Passing is gay." - Vince Lombardi

Garcia Bronco
04-13-2012, 08:39 AM

I am not aware of that particular situation. He created that situation though. He would say aweful things to people,

Taco John
04-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Tebow didn't split the fanbase here.

His fans split the fanbase. I like Tebow a lot, but I'm glad he's gone because of the circus that exists around him. It's refreshing to see the Jets having to deal with this while our QB is a HOFer with April stories about extra work he's putting into getting in sync with receivers and getting to know teammates.

bronco militia
04-13-2012, 08:44 AM
Big Blocker has some legit concerns..He knows how much damage a swarm of Tebows can do.

LOL

razorwire77
04-13-2012, 08:57 AM
His fans split the fanbase. I like Tebow a lot, but I'm glad he's gone because of the circus that exists around him. It's refreshing to see the Jets having to deal with this while our QB is a HOFer with April stories about extra work he's putting into getting in sync with receivers and getting to know teammates.

Yeah, Tim is a good kid and I still think if put into the right situation and given enough reps and time he might be able to develop into a more effective passing quarterback. That being said, thread after thread started by some of the more obsessive Tebow fans blaming McCoy, the receivers, the defense, the offensive line, Griese's dog, Obama, and Ancient Aliens every time Tim failed to read a defense correctly, or held the ball way too long, or when he threw an out 4 yards out of bounds became tiresome.

Last season was lightning in a bottle, and Tim was the catalyst that made that happen. But watching Jet fan deal with the circus from the outside will be enjoyable.

55CrushEm
04-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Well, Slap was kind of a dick so even though you don't wanna see that happen, it's expected.

"Kind of" is putting it mildly.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-13-2012, 09:01 AM

i agree his fans split the fanbase, but this fanbase was already split..before tebow it was McD lovers/haters..before that Marshall, Cutler, Shanny, Plummer, Frerotte, griese, etc etc....since the Utopia that the superbowls brought us, this fanbase has argued with itself almost every year.

Gort
04-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Yeah, Tim is a good kid and I still think if put into the right situation and given enough reps and time he might be able to develop into a more effective passing quarterback. That being said, thread after thread started by some of the more obsessive Tebow fans blaming McCoy, the receivers, the defense, the offensive line, Griese's dog, Obama, and Ancient Aliens every time Tim failed to read a defense correctly, or held the ball way too long, or when he threw an out 4 yards out of bounds became tiresome.

Last season was lightning in a bottle, and Tim was the catalyst that made that happen. But watching Jet fan deal with the circus from the outside will be enjoyable.

what if he takes them to the SB next year?

just for giggles, how will you feel if the Jets bench Sanchez and a much improved Tebow, with a coaching staff determined to use him "correctly" is able, by catching lightning in a bottle for the 2nd year in a row, to take the Jets to the SB?

not saying that's going to happen, but it's also not entirely impossible either.

alot of people on here will have to re-evaluate their opinion about the kid. i'd take a so-called "circus" fanbase in exchange for a SB. who wouldn't?

Taco John
04-13-2012, 09:08 AM
i agree his fans split the fanbase, but this fanbase was already split..before tebow it was McD lovers/haters..before that Marshall, Cutler, Shanny, Plummer, Frerotte, griese, etc etc....since the Utopia that the superbowls brought us, this fanbase has argued with itself almost every year.

Every fanbase does that. If you go to the 9er forums, they argue about whether Alex Smith has the stuff. The Chiefs forums used to argue about whether or not Grbac has the stuff and now whether or not Pioli can put a team together. In Dallas, they argue over Tony Romo. It happens everywhere.

The Tebow circus, however, is an aggravated case of this, unlike anything I've ever seen in 15 years of being on Broncos discussion forums. I'm happy to have it behind us.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Every fanbase does that. If you go to the 9er forums, they argue about whether Alex Smith has the stuff. The Chiefs forums used to argue about whether or not Grbac has the stuff and now whether or not Pioli can put a team together. In Dallas, they argue over Tony Romo. It happens everywhere.

The Tebow circus, however, is an aggravated case of this, unlike anything I've ever seen in 15 years of being on Broncos discussion forums. I'm happy to have it behind us.

i notice the teams you mentioned all have or had QBs that sucked....theres not many situations like the GB fanbase had split with Favre/Rogers...but theres plenty of fanbases split from having terrible QBs..

Arkie
04-13-2012, 09:18 AM

But he brought tears to your eyes after his first start last year.

Kaylore
04-13-2012, 09:22 AM
The Teboners were the worst. Some Tebow fans think I'm referring to them, but I am not. I like Tebow, and I love what he did for us as a player. But he has huge holes in his game and the Tebowners are the one's who invented conspiracy theories as to why Tebow couldn't throw the ball down field. John Elway being jealous was my favorite.

Rohirrim
04-13-2012, 09:23 AM

Like I've often said, imagine if there were internet forums when Kaiser went after Elway, or Reeves drafted Maddox, or Wade Phillips was the coach of the Broncos? It would have been just as crazy.

peacepipe
04-13-2012, 09:23 AM

just for giggles, how will you feel if the Jets bench Sanchez and a much improved Tebow, with a coaching staff determined to use him "correctly" is able, by catching lightning in a bottle for the 2nd year in a row, to take the Jets to the SB?

not saying that's going to happen, but it's also not entirely impossible either.

alot of people on here will have to re-evaluate their opinion about the kid. i'd take a so-called "circus" fanbase in exchange for a SB. who wouldn't?that would be a stretch. TT is not going to catch anyone by surprise this time around.

Heyneck
04-13-2012, 09:24 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8tqEBQjWRws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-13-2012, 09:25 AM

i think what made it aggravated was the fact the tebow side had alot of imported fans who werent broncos fans...tebow fans who were broncos fans before are still around and will continue to wear the colors...while the rest move on like locust..

Rohirrim
04-13-2012, 09:27 AM
i think what made it aggravated was the fact the tebow side had alot of imported fans who werent broncos fans...tebow fans who were broncos fans before are still around and will continue to wear the colors...while the rest move on like locust..

Yeah, there are far fewer "Manning" only fans who came over. Good trade, IMO.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Like I've often said, imagine if there were internet forums when Kaiser went after Elway, or Reeves drafted Maddox, or Wade Phillips was the coach of the Broncos? It would have been just as crazy.

Technology is a helluva a drug...

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Yeah, there are far fewer "Manning" only fans who came over. Good trade, IMO.

im a huge Andrew Luck fan...Stanford is no Florida but it will be interesting to see Colts fans accepting Stanford fans..its a similar situation, but on a far smaller scale.

Taco John
04-13-2012, 09:33 AM
But he brought tears to your eyes after his first start last year.

That was one of the most amazing, inspirational wins ever.

I love Tebow. The guy just doesn't quit. I understand why he inspires people to act like idiots on his behalf.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 09:34 AM

The dude wished cancer and death on me. I'm sure he said something like that to the posters that used his dogs against him.

BroncoBeavis
04-13-2012, 09:36 AM

alot of people on here will have to re-evaluate their opinion about the kid. i'd take a so-called "circus" fanbase in exchange for a SB. who wouldn't?

Set aside the SB. I'd take the circus we had last year every day of the week over 2010. Too many people forgot where we came from.

Many of us had the feeling we had something to look forward to for a decade or so.

Rohirrim
04-13-2012, 09:39 AM
The dude wished cancer and death on me. I'm sure he said something like that to the posters that used his dogs against him.

Wow! I must have missed some days back then.

Powderaddict
04-13-2012, 09:40 AM
Orton blows

This

TonyR
04-13-2012, 09:41 AM
I understand why he inspires people to act like idiots on his behalf.

So, so true. He made some very smart people completely irrational. Some good posters turned into lunatics defending him from time to time around here. PM's going to be a uniter, not a divider!

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Wow! I must have missed some days back then.

Pretty sure he is the main reason why we lost Garcia as mod.

Rohirrim
04-13-2012, 09:44 AM
So, so true. He made some very smart people completely irrational. Some good posters turned into lunatics defending him from time to time around here. PM's going to be a uniter, not a divider!

Well, it was the extra-curricular, non-football stuff (which I won't even mention) that added to the "irrationality."

BroncsCheer
04-13-2012, 09:44 AM

Ya know, if this is how it unfolds, I'd be happy for Tim, but I sure would get tired of the "see? that's what i'm talkin' bout" from all of the maniacs. ... .

rbackfactory80
04-13-2012, 09:47 AM
This is one of the saddest threads I have ever seen on the Mane. "Look everyone, Slap agrees with the Manning signing".

Slap must get a kick out of the fact that after all these years, you still worship him.

Gort
04-13-2012, 10:07 AM
This is one of the saddest threads I have ever seen on the Mane. "Look everyone, Slap agrees with the Manning signing".

Slap must get a kick out of the fact that after all these years, you still worship him.

i have no idea who "slap" is and i registered in November 2005.

???

TheReverend
04-13-2012, 10:07 AM
He also left because of Blueskank, right?

broncocalijohn
04-13-2012, 10:08 AM

YEP! I find it pretty hilarious that Anti Tebow fans and (WTF?) Cowboys fans need to go to a Jets board. Some liked Slap but this is the **** we don't need at the Mane. I liked Tim but best thing about getting rid of him was getting rid of the Tebowites. They have moved on and we get a few Manning fanatics to take their place. That is a lopsisded McDaniels type receiving trade.

Gort
04-13-2012, 10:13 AM
YEP! I find it pretty hilarious that Anti Tebow fans and (WTF?) Cowboys fans need to go to a Jets board. Some liked Slap but this is the **** we don't need at the Mane. I liked Tim but best thing about getting rid of him was getting rid of the Tebowites. They have moved on and we get a few Manning fanatics to take their place. That is a lopsisded McDaniels type receiving trade.

IMO, overall, those who rooted against Tebow were much worse than those who rooted for him.

for every MacGruder or BroncBow, there was a TGN or Idiot Arachnid who was just as fanatical on the other side.

but the 2nd tier Tebow haters (e.g., crackpipe, oubronco, TonyR*, McDman, etc. etc. etc.) were much much more divisive here than those who defended the kid. i took to defending Tebow more than i normally would have just because i was sick of seeing the ad hominems directed against him.

if you don't believe me, just wait until next season. if Tebow does poorly, these people will still be obsessing about him and crowing on here about how much he sucks. and if he does well, they'll be on here telling everyone that the Jets are successful in spite of Tebow and not because of anything Tebow does.

* yes TonyR, you belong on that list!

TonyR
04-13-2012, 10:18 AM
yes TonyR, you belong on that list!

That's fine, you can believe what you want to believe. I don't hate the guy and I sure as hell never rooted against him. But this goes to the point: even rational comments made about him that are negative are a huge affront to those who worship at the Tebow altar.

BroncoBeavis
04-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Ya know, if this is how it unfolds, I'd be happy for Tim, but I sure would get tired of the "see? that's what i'm talkin' bout" from all of the maniacs. ... .

To be followed up by "Well there was no way to know a quarterback could improve like that after 14 regular season games. And we got good value for him anyway. That whatshisface we drafted in the 4th... he's got two special teams tackles this year!"

McDman
04-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Just reading that one page makes it worth it that Tebow is gone.

Gort
04-13-2012, 10:26 AM
That's fine, you can believe what you want to believe. I don't hate the guy and I sure as hell never rooted against him. But this goes to the point: even rational comments made about him that are negative are a huge affront to those who worship at the Tebow altar.

the arguments were never about "rational" statements. they were about "emotional" statements on both sides.

nobody who supported Tebow ever disagreed when people said he needed to improve certain passing skills.

if it had ended at that, it wouldn't have been an issue. but the Tebow haters went over the top with hyperbole about how bad he was and why he was bad. alot of that was BS and people who didn't buy it, rightfully dissented. then the arguments became pissing matches and there was no way they would ever end amicably.

DomCasual
04-13-2012, 10:27 AM
I don't really understand how anyone could hate Tebow. What's not to like about the kid? I'm glad with the way things turned out, mind you. But I love Tebow.

My thing is that I felt that if we were going to win next year, it was going to have to be with smoke and mirrors. Smoke and mirrors only lasts so long. There will be no smoke and mirrors with Manning.

And while I love Tebow, I just don't get the odd, vitriolic nature of his groupies.

Gort
04-13-2012, 10:28 AM
I don't really understand how anyone could hate Tebow. What's not to like about the kid? I'm glad with the way things turned out, mind you. But I love Tebow.

My thing is that I felt that if we were going to win next year, it was going to have to be with smoke and mirrors. Smoke and mirrors only lasts so long. There will be no smoke and mirrors with Manning.

And while I love Tebow, I just don't get the odd, vitriolic nature of his groupies.

BroncBow <=> TGN
MacGruder <=> Idiot Arachnid

i don't see how you come away thinking that Tebow fans had a monopoly on vitriol.

broncocalijohn
04-13-2012, 10:29 AM
im a huge Andrew Luck fan...Stanford is no Florida but it will be interesting to see Colts fans accepting Stanford fans..its a similar situation, but on a far smaller scale.

Stanford fans are smart people. They will excel in conversation than those hillbilly fans. Florida loves their football but it doesn't translate to the forums as I see it. Tebowmania was nice...except having Alpha Seirra, Broncbw and of course the one who won't leave, MacGruder.

Jay3
04-13-2012, 10:29 AM

Really? Like what?

Like, on the internet message boards, or something in real life?

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-13-2012, 10:30 AM
A lot of people don't hate tebow, they just hate his irrational fans.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Really? Like what?

Like, on the internet message boards, or something in real life?

Both.

Gort
04-13-2012, 10:32 AM
A lot of people don't hate tebow, they just hate his irrational fans.

you registered all of 2 months ago. what would you know about that? unless you are a banned member coming back under a new account. is that you MVPlaya?

DomCasual
04-13-2012, 10:32 AM
And it is kind of humorous that you guys are still talking about Slap.

Slap is John Galt.

Who is Slap?

(If Slap does happen upon this thread, he will LOVE being compared to John Galt. Ayn Rand is only his favorite author of all-time. Hilarious!)

Jason in LA
04-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Slap's an asshole. A major asshole.

DENVERDUI55
The Teboners were the worst. Some Tebow fans think I'm referring to them, but I am not. I like Tebow, and I love what he did for us as a player. But he has huge holes in his game and the Tebowners are the one's who invented conspiracy theories as to why Tebow couldn't throw the ball down field. John Elway being jealous was my favorite.

I couldn't of said it better my thoughts exactly.

Drunken.Broncoholic
you registered all of 2 months ago. what would you know about that? unless you are a banned member coming back under a new account. is that you MVPlaya?

I've been banned all over for the last 10 years. This place seems to be more tolerable. 1,000 posts in 2 months without one ban. My IP address has more chains on it than the junkyard dog.

Jason in LA
04-13-2012, 10:34 AM

I'm pretty sure that anybody who used that against him, they did it after he wished death on their families. Yes, he really did that.

Jay3
04-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Both.

My question was "like what?" It means I'm curious about the damage done. What would be the single best example of the damage done?

I'm genuinely curious about all the descriptions I've seen about how much damage they've done. And the straight out statements that Elway made decisions about the future of this team based on the "fans."

I'm not able to go to a game in Denver -- did any incident ever happen in person, at a game? Does anyone know any?

DomCasual
04-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Slap's an a-hole. A major a-hole.

Who is Slap? ???

(This is my new phrase, meaning "What are you going to do?" or "Who knows?")

razorwire77
04-13-2012, 10:38 AM

If that happens I will admit that I was wrong, and be happy for the kid's success. But I think a "much improved passing Tebow" is something that is still a couple of years away if it ever comes. Some people seem to forget that Tebow was expected to be a 2 or 3 year project when McDaniels drafted him. That was assuming full camps and otas. He was sort of thrust into a starting position prematurely because of Orton's lameness and the Tebowmania persona. His heart and athleticism were inspiring, but by the end of the season the league had figured out how to stop him, with the exception of the Steeler cover 0 hubris. What it really comes down to is if you can't execute basic 3, 5, and 7 step drops from the pocket and attack the middle of the field by fitting balls into tight windows, I don't think you can win consistently in the NFL. If Tim can continue to improve in this area, then he could certainly become a great NFL QB. But that's easier said than done.

DomCasual
04-13-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm pretty sure that anybody who used that against him, they did it after he wished death on their families. Yes, he really did that.

Yeah, but he only did it in a loving way. It's like when my son misses an assignment at school, I'll tell him, "Sorry, buddy - no video games for three days." I like to think of it as the Biblical concept of "reproving betimes with sharpness."

I don't know, though. Who is Slap? ???

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-13-2012, 10:43 AM
My question was "like what?" It means I'm curious about the damage done. What would be the single best example of the damage done?

I'm genuinely curious about all the descriptions I've seen about how much damage they've done. And the straight out statements that Elway made decisions about the future of this team based on the "fans."

I'm not able to go to a game in Denver -- did any incident ever happen in person, at a game? Does anyone know any?

Who said anything about Elway making any decisions based on fans? Did you read any MacGruder posts? His posts alone stunk up this place. That "damage" would be the smell of idiocracy

Gort
04-13-2012, 10:52 AM
If that happens I will admit that I was wrong, and be happy for the kid's success. But I think a "much improved passing Tebow" is something that is still a couple of years away if it ever comes. Some people seem to forget that Tebow was expected to be a 2 or 3 year project when McDaniels drafted him. That was assuming full camps and otas. He was sort of thrust into a starting position prematurely because of Orton's lameness and the Tebowmania persona. His heart and athleticism were inspiring, but by the end of the season the league had figured out how to stop him, with the exception of the Steeler cover 0 hubris. What it really comes down to is if you can't execute basic 3, 5, and 7 step drops from the pocket and attack the middle of the field by fitting balls into tight windows, I don't think you can win consistently in the NFL. If Tim can continue to improve in this area, then he could certainly become a great NFL QB. But that's easier said than done.

i actually think he's a couple of years away too. i just hope they don't try to make him a conventional pocket passer and de-emphasize the other parts of his game. if he's just a pocket passer, he won't have a long career. those guys are a dime a dozen.

Tebow can actually do all of the things that you said he needs to be able to do. the problem is that he doesn't do them by ROTE. so he isn't always successful. part of it is youth. part of it is because he has to unlearn some things he was used to doing in college and re-learn to do them in the way the NFL expects.

this was what was so frustrating about the Tebow criticisms. it was all hyperbole. for example, "he sucks, he can't do this-or-that, he'll never be able to do this-or-that!". that was never the complete picture, but the national media didn't have any interest in nuance.

i hope Tebow finds a couple of coaches who really believe in him and want to take what he offers, but augment it with more traditional pocket passing skills. if that happens and he gets a couple of years to put it all together and have the game slow down for him, he could be a real weapon for somebody.

McDman
04-13-2012, 10:53 AM
IMO, overall, those who rooted against Tebow were much worse than those who rooted for him.

for every MacGruder or BroncBow, there was a TGN or Idiot Arachnid who was just as fanatical on the other side.

but the 2nd tier Tebow haters (e.g., crackpipe, oubronco, TonyR*, McDman, etc. etc. etc.) were much much more divisive here than those who defended the kid. i took to defending Tebow more than i normally would have just because i was sick of seeing the ad hominems directed against him.

if you don't believe me, just wait until next season. if Tebow does poorly, these people will still be obsessing about him and crowing on here about how much he sucks. and if he does well, they'll be on here telling everyone that the Jets are successful in spite of Tebow and not because of anything Tebow does.

* yes TonyR, you belong on that list!

I've never hated Tebow. He seems like a great guy. He just sucks at QB.

If his circus didn't follow him around I'd be more than thrilled had he stayed to learn behind Manning.

Also, I've never gone out of my way to bash him. Just like you I got more defensive than usual because I got sick of people coming up with excuse after excuse why he looked terrible 90% of the game.

Had he gone to a team I didn't despise I'd root for him to succeed but I hate the Jets and can't wish them well.

razorwire77
04-13-2012, 10:58 AM
i actually think he's a couple of years away too. i just hope they don't try to make him a conventional pocket passer and de-emphasize the other parts of his game. if he's just a pocket passer, he won't have a long career. those guys are a dime a dozen.

i hope Tebow finds a couple of coaches who really believe in him and want to take what he offers, but augment it with more traditional pocket passing skills. if that happens and he gets a couple of years to put it all together and have the game slow down for him, he could be a real weapon for somebody.

This is part of the irony of Tebow situation. He needed an opportunity to be coached up slowly and be able to learn to function successfully within the pocket (at least some of the time.) Which is probably what McDaniels envisioned when he reached for him in the first. Use him as a situational weapon and allow him to develop as a passer over time. Eventually, you create an offense around him as he improves. If he becomes a effective in the vertical passing game great, if not use him like a jumbo power version of Randall El.

The problem with that is he's Tim Tebow the industry and the circus (media, fan lover, and fan hater) associated with that will never allow that to happen. He either sucks or he's can do no wrong. The minute any QB in front of him struggles. The haters, huggers, and media will generate an echo chamber of poison. The kid will never get what he needs which is to take reps in practice and get more comfortable with the rote memory aspects of being a QB.

DENVERDUI55
04-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Someone should start a who is SLAPS top 10 dingleberrys thread?

Requiem
04-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Someone should start a who is SLAPS top 10 dingleberrys thread?

Slap already did that himself. Drama Llama won.

DomCasual
04-13-2012, 11:23 AM

What happened to Llama? Did he change his name, or does he just not come around anymore?

Requiem
04-13-2012, 11:24 AM
What happened to Llama? Did he change his name, or does he just not come around anymore?

Probably changed his name. **** that loser.

McDman
04-13-2012, 11:34 AM
What ever happened to Mile Hi Mojoe?

DENVERDUI55
04-13-2012, 11:40 AM

I mean the guys that worship him not the losers of the forum. That was a great thread. Chicken shiat llama vanished again I see. I never met such a nutless tuck the tail boy in my life as him. He sure can talk but not take it.

Kaylore
04-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Probably changed his name. **** that loser.

This.

bendog
04-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Slap is a mythical being who lurks the internet trying to educate people in how offensive line is played, and bitch-slapping those whom he finds too dimwitted to learn. (-:

NYBronc
04-13-2012, 12:08 PM
I like Tebow as much as the next guy but thought this was a pretty accurate take from Big Blocker on the ganggreen site.

<i>"As someone who followed Denver, you must know that in 2009 Orton, their new Qb, led the Broncos to a 6-0 start, their best since their SB season in 1998. They then lost two tough games to the Ravens and Steelers, but in the next Orton was injured, and taken out for Chris Simms. Simms was awful, and Denver lost to the Skins. The following week they had to play Orton despite his injury due to Simms's ineptness. And lost again. They then bounced back and beat the Giants and Chiefs in the next two games, with Orton leading the team. Unfortunately their next game was a road game in Indy that the Colts won for their 23rd straight win. They then lost a one point game to the Raiders, and their last two as well. Still, Orton finished with a good season:

2009 Denver Broncos 16 541 336 62.1 33.8 3,802 7.0 237.6 21 3.9 12 2.2 87T 43 9 29 159 86.8

Orton's stats in 2010 were somewhat better, at

2010 Denver Broncos 13 498 293 58.8 38.3 3,653 7.3 281.0 20 4.0 9 1.8 71 52 11 34 243 87.5

But everything else went wrong for Denver. Their best defensive player, Dumveril, went out in pre-seaon, as did their top running back White who had been brought in to replace Hillis, who was also gone. The seaon also included Denver's version of Spygate, a mid season firing of their head coach,
and the ranking as the league's worst defense. Garbage indeed.

Clearly 2010 was not Orton's fault, and oh yeah he was injured again, which is why Tebow played for him in the last three games of that season. Losing two of three starts, btw, the win being a one pointer over Texas, in one of their classic for them late season swoons. While Tebots like to say this was a comeback win engineered by Tebow, the fact is there was 3 minutes left on the clock when Denver scored, and it was the D who prevented Texas from going ahead by stopping their final drive.

Clearly Orton's stats dropped off for the Broncos last year, but there were some developments that clearly affected him. The top receiver Thomas was injured pre-season and did not return until after the first six games, (in time for Tebow). When Orton went to KC, he played in the last three games, which included two wins, one a win over Denver (heh), and the loss being in overtime to the Raiders.

And his stats were still better than Tebow's for the year:

Orton

2011 Denver Broncos 5 155 91 58.7 31.0 979 6.3 195.8 8 5.2 7 4.5 52T 11 2 9 49 75.7

Tebow

2011 Denver Broncos 14 271 126 46.5 19.4 1,729 6.4 123.5 12 4.4 6 2.2 56T 25 6 33 225 72.9

Now we have a balanced view of recent Broncos history you Tebots are incapable of providing.

You're welcome." </i>

Gort
04-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I like Tebow as much as the next guy but thought this was a pretty accurate take from Big Blocker on the ganggreen site.

<i>"As someone who followed Denver, you must know that in 2009 Orton, their new Qb, led the Broncos to a 6-0 start, their best since their SB season in 1998. They then lost two tough games to the Ravens and Steelers, but in the next Orton was injured, and taken out for Chris Simms. Simms was awful, and Denver lost to the Skins. The following week they had to play Orton despite his injury due to Simms's ineptness. And lost again. They then bounced back and beat the Giants and Chiefs in the next two games, with Orton leading the team. Unfortunately their next game was a road game in Indy that the Colts won for their 23rd straight win. They then lost a one point game to the Raiders, and their last two as well. Still, Orton finished with a good season:

2009 Denver Broncos 16 541 336 62.1 33.8 3,802 7.0 237.6 21 3.9 12 2.2 87T 43 9 29 159 86.8

Orton's stats in 2010 were somewhat better, at

2010 Denver Broncos 13 498 293 58.8 38.3 3,653 7.3 281.0 20 4.0 9 1.8 71 52 11 34 243 87.5

But everything else went wrong for Denver. Their best defensive player, Dumveril, went out in pre-seaon, as did their top running back White who had been brought in to replace Hillis, who was also gone. The seaon also included Denver's version of Spygate, a mid season firing of their head coach,
and the ranking as the league's worst defense. Garbage indeed.

Clearly 2010 was not Orton's fault, and oh yeah he was injured again, which is why Tebow played for him in the last three games of that season. Losing two of three starts, btw, the win being a one pointer over Texas, in one of their classic for them late season swoons. While Tebots like to say this was a comeback win engineered by Tebow, the fact is there was 3 minutes left on the clock when Denver scored, and it was the D who prevented Texas from going ahead by stopping their final drive.

Clearly Orton's stats dropped off for the Broncos last year, but there were some developments that clearly affected him. The top receiver Thomas was injured pre-season and did not return until after the first six games, (in time for Tebow). When Orton went to KC, he played in the last three games, which included two wins, one a win over Denver (heh), and the loss being in overtime to the Raiders.

And his stats were still better than Tebow's for the year:

Orton

2011 Denver Broncos 5 155 91 58.7 31.0 979 6.3 195.8 8 5.2 7 4.5 52T 11 2 9 49 75.7

Tebow

2011 Denver Broncos 14 271 126 46.5 19.4 1,729 6.4 123.5 12 4.4 6 2.2 56T 25 6 33 225 72.9

Now we have a balanced view of recent Broncos history you Tebots are incapable of providing.

You're welcome." </i>

sorry, but Big Blocker is clearly a douchebag, though he could probably get a job as editor at NBC after that hatchet job on a summary of the 2011 season.

if i never read anything else that guy has written ever again, it'll be too soon.

Orton sucked in 2010 and 2011. we had people screaming for Simms to be put in for him before Tebow was even drafted. that doesn't happen if the history according to Big Blocker is accurate.

broncocalijohn
04-13-2012, 12:45 PM

Trying to revive MySpace to get the maximum views (4) to read his blogs.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 12:48 PM
sorry, but Big Blocker is clearly a douchebag, though he could probably get a job as editor at NBC after that hatchet job on a summary of the 2011 season.

if i never read anything else that guy has written ever again, it'll be too soon.

Orton sucked in 2010 and 2011. we had people screaming for Simms to be put in for him before Tebow was even drafted. that doesn't happen if the history according to Big Blocker is accurate.

Like two people wanted Simms, Paige and Buff.

55CrushEm
04-13-2012, 12:55 PM

What ever happened to Gonzolays?

broncocalijohn
04-13-2012, 01:14 PM

I dont know, dont care but I think Karenin has a tad of GonzoLays.

El Minion
04-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Slap's an a-hole. A major a-hole.

Yes but he was the OManes A-Hole! And a damn very good one at that!

DomCasual
04-13-2012, 01:17 PM
I dont know, dont care but I think Karenin has a tad of GonzoLays.

Ouch. That's an insult to GonzoLays (which says LOTS about Karenin).

Gort
04-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Like two people wanted Simms, Paige and Buff.

don't forget Shanahan's son.

oh wait. you mean wanted Simms to play in the game. nevermind.

Kaylore
04-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Yes but he was the OManes A-Hole! And a damn very good one at that!

I love Slap. Yes, he was an ass and ironically took offense easily, but he was right more often than not.

bendog
04-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Slap is sort of like those Romulan space ships with cloaking devices. They just appear, shoot and disappear.

McDman
04-13-2012, 01:51 PM

Poor guy. He just didn't get why people gave hime crap for that.

Old Dude
04-13-2012, 02:08 PM

A couple years ago, I built a new gazeebo in my backyard for no apparent reason.

Kaylore
04-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Poor guy. He just didn't get why people gave hime crap for that.

My favorite was when SoCal posted the crickets sound after one of them.

And I couldn't do anything right. No matter which opinion I took he would go off on me. I remember at one point I posted the draft order mid-season if the draft were held that day. He was furious. No matter what I posted he felt it was offensive.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 02:49 PM
don't forget Shanahan's son.

oh wait. you mean wanted Simms to play in the game. nevermind.

Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 02:50 PM

And I couldn't do anything right. No matter which opinion I took he would go off on me. I remember at one point I posted the draft order mid-season if the draft were held that day. He was furious. No matter what I posted he felt it was offensive.

That's because Star Wars is better you Treky....

Bacchus
04-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Stanford fans are smart people. They will excel in conversation than those hillbilly fans. Florida loves their football but it doesn't translate to the forums as I see it. Tebowmania was nice...except having Alpha Seirra, Broncbw and of course the one who won't leave, MacGruder.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=2951&dateline=1334258348

Your dog looks like a furry dildo.

Maybe for Eskimos or for women who like animals.

McDman
04-13-2012, 03:48 PM

Hahahaha!

Dr. Broncostein PMed me one time about me giving him crap. He said he was a functioning retard and it was mean of me to do that. The sad thing is I couldn't tell if he was serious or not.

Rohirrim
04-13-2012, 03:51 PM
I just read that thread on Gang Green (nice name for a forum, BTW Ha!). Anyway, that poster "instaGator" sure does sound like Alpha Sierra.

TheReverend
04-13-2012, 04:10 PM
I just read that thread on Gang Green (nice name for a forum, BTW Ha!). Anyway, that poster "instaGator" sure does sound like Alpha Sierra.

IMO, its just nice that theyre not here.

Can stretch my legs.

errand
04-13-2012, 04:53 PM

This...

After reading his posts, I think only his dog could love him.....

errand
04-13-2012, 05:03 PM
I am not aware of that particular situation. He created that situation though. He would say aweful things to people,

Exactly....Slap reaped what he sowed.

errand
04-13-2012, 05:12 PM

That will happen, trust me....I recall after busting on Griese's weak showings, he finally had an above average game, and we had some Griese fan start a "Take that errand...." thread....lol

loborugger
04-13-2012, 10:21 PM

This. If you are gonna get after everyone for everything, don't have a 'weak' point yourself - even if it is a passion for animals.

He was polarizing no doubt. But, he knew football very well and never crossed me.

theAPAOps5
04-13-2012, 10:29 PM

That and playing fantasy football in preparation to consult NFL teams in what makes a great fantasy football player and therefor elite level NFL talent.

Yes he actually said this..... It was surreal

Taco John
04-13-2012, 10:36 PM
I always loved Slap, from back to the RMN days. I was a DPO guy, but I dropped in on the RMN forum - mostly just to read it. It was like two wolf packs back in the day between those two forums - you either belonged to one pack, or the other - and eventually this place combined them both when it became clear that nobody from the establishment knew what they were doing where social media was concerned. In any case, it pained me to have to ban Slap. One of the saddest days of my time as an admin. But I had no choice really. I don't remember the exact insult he made, but it was at the level of wishing death on a guy's parents.

theAPAOps5
04-13-2012, 10:43 PM
How was that ride in, thats why they call it Sin Sin City? Ha HaHa! I am kind of a one man wolf pack!

KevinJames
04-13-2012, 11:40 PM
instaGATOR (http://forums.theganggreen.com/member.php?u=17871) = AlphaSierra?

btw damn look at all the "Mar 2012" join dates K05K shouldn't you be joining them?

Meck77
04-14-2012, 07:03 AM
I love Slap. Yes, he was an ass and ironically took offense easily.

I always found that ironic also.

I tried to get the dude to a tailgate more than once. Had he come I think he would have realized all the anger he had towards others was really his own mind working against him. I've witnessed the phenomena more than once with the spatula in hand.

Jets fans now have the tebow circus and all things that are slap.;D

McDman
04-14-2012, 07:08 AM
That and playing fantasy football in preparation to consult NFL teams in what makes a great fantasy football player and therefor elite level NFL talent.

Yes he actually said this..... It was surreal

Hey! He won over thirty two times!

Didn't you know that's how Xanders got his job?

Pendejo
04-14-2012, 10:25 AM
I always loved Slap, from back to the RMN days. I was a DPO guy, but I dropped in on the RMN forum - mostly just to read it. It was like two wolf packs back in the day between those two forums - you either belonged to one pack, or the other - and eventually this place combined them both when it became clear that nobody from the establishment knew what they were doing where social media was concerned. In any case, it pained me to have to ban Slap. One of the saddest days of my time as an admin. But I had no choice really. I don't remember the exact insult he made, but it was at the level of wishing death on a guy's parents.

Yeah. Must have been horrific.

SoCalBronco
04-14-2012, 11:25 AM
I miss Slappy. :(

Blueflame
04-14-2012, 01:18 PM
I miss Slappy. :(

From "just another OM poster" perspective, I miss Slap too, SoCal... however, from "OM moderator" perspective, I most definitely do not miss him because it was inevitable that his temper was going to make him post stuff that was going to necessitate moderator intervention.

Some of his exchanges with Mock were... epic... back in the day...

crawdad
04-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Slappy was definitely controversial but he was a good dude. We used to play Fantasy Baseball alot way back when and I miss him and Tredici!