PDA

View Full Version : Kuper Says He Will Be 100% By June...

Bronco Rob
04-13-2012, 06:38 AM
"Well, everybody was freaking out," Kuper said in a recent interview with The Denver Post. "And I didn't want to freak out. I'm sure I was in a little bit of shock, but it didn't hurt as bad as it looked. When I did it, I was like, 'That's a really bad high ankle sprain.' Until I saw it."

Last week, Kuper had a second surgical procedure on the left fibula, this one to remove a screw that was causing discomfort. The security screeners at the Denver International Airport will be pleased to know there are still seven screws and a plate holding the leg and ankle together. He is down to one crutch after spending the previous three months needing two.

And yet, Kuper believes it will be weeks, not months, before he is back in the lineup protecting new quarterback Peyton Manning.

"I think June, 100 percent I'll be there," Kuper said

For the rest..... http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20386128/broncos-chris-kuper-focuses-comeback-after-gruesome-ankle

barryr
04-13-2012, 06:52 AM
Let's hope he will be healthy since he is the best interior blocker they have right now.

cmhargrove
04-13-2012, 07:06 AM
He's a tough ass kid right there. Anyone who had his foot hanging sideways and declares "it wasn't that bad" is the kind of guy I want on my team. Perfect attitude of toughness for an Offensive Lineman.

I wish him a speedy recovery. He had his best statistical year in pass-pro for Cutler so he should have another great season under Manning.

TheReverend
04-13-2012, 07:08 AM
That's great news but I hope he doesn't rush anything. He's gotten to the point where he's pretty polished now. We need him 100% by September, not potentially rushing anything for June!

Kaylore
04-13-2012, 07:32 AM
Yeah I hope he takes his time. It's not like he needs the reps.

TheReverend
04-13-2012, 07:34 AM
Yeah I hope he takes his time. It's not like he needs the reps.

Haha yeah. Frankly Beadles should get every rep at both G spots

(in b4 that's unpassibowl)

Hamrob
04-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Hey, that's what I'd be saying to...if I thought that the Broncos could draft a guard at 25 like Cordy Glenn...or even a tackle, and choose to move Franklin into your spot at guard.

I'd certainly want the front office to know...I'm going to be all better, quickly!

Rohirrim
04-13-2012, 08:48 AM
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.

I break my leg like that and I find another line of work. ;D

razorwire77
04-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Great news if he can get back to 100 percent that quickly. I'm not gonna lie, I pretty skeptical though given the nastiness of that injury.

ColoradoDarin
04-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Hey, that's what I'd be saying to...if I thought that the Broncos could draft a guard at 25 like Cordy Glenn...or even a tackle, and choose to move Franklin into your spot at guard.

I'd certainly want the front office to know...I'm going to be all better, quickly!

Maybe if his name was Beadles he should be worried, but Kuper is actually good.

LonghornBronco
04-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Kupe has nothing to worry about. He'll beat out both Franklen and certainly Beadles one legged and blindfolded.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Gotta love Kuper saying "it didnt hurt as bad as it looks"

thats the type of player i want in the trenches...

LonghornBronco
04-13-2012, 10:10 AM
My biggest concern is getting his strength back by Sept. He's been off that leg a long time...

Taco John
04-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Has Kupe'sDad been able to confirm they got that foot pointed in the right direction? *shudder*

The thought of that thing still gives me the willies, I can't imagine watching it happen to my son. Can't wait to see him suited up and going to battle.

DenverBrit
04-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Great news if he can get back to 100 percent that quickly. I'm not gonna lie, I pretty skeptical though given the nastiness of that injury.

I don't think he believes he'll be 100%, but that he's 100% certain he'll be there in June. :)

oubronco
04-13-2012, 02:23 PM
This is some great info! I'm with all you guys saying that I hope he doesn't rush back too soon

razorwire77
04-13-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't think he believes he'll be 100%, but that he's 100% certain he'll be there in June. :)

I hope we strongly consider bringing in some interior line help for him through the draft. Beadles is a decent backup utility lineman, but never going to be great. Walton gets one more year, but I'd like to see an upgrade there too.

Smilin Assassin
04-13-2012, 03:30 PM
".... it didn't hurt as bad as it looked."

Somewhere, Gary Zimmerman, Tom Nalen and Mark Schlereth are smiling.

Bmore Manning
04-13-2012, 04:10 PM
I hope we strongly consider bringing in some interior line help for him through the draft. Beadles is a decent backup utility lineman, but never going to be great. Walton gets one more year, but I'd like to see an upgrade there too.

Maybe that's why they have been frequenting OK State. Levy seems more like Guard material...

Chris
04-13-2012, 04:12 PM
".... it didn't hurt as bad as it looked."

Somewhere, Gary Zimmerman, Tom Nalen and Mark Schlereth are smiling.

While saying nothing.

Except for Mark Schlereth. Dumbass.

Lestat
04-13-2012, 05:05 PM
that is one tough SOB right there. we need another OL like him, either at OG or C.

DenverBrit
04-13-2012, 07:00 PM

I agree, Walton and Beadles may not be more than backups going forward.

Manning will get a lot of input on their future.....Walton, especially, will have to really step up.

DENVERDUI55
04-13-2012, 07:04 PM
My biggest concern is getting his strength back by Sept. He's been off that leg a long time...

I bet he has been rehabbing hard.

socalorado
04-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Kupes a beast. Not worried about him.
Someone PM his dad. What's his handle?

BroncoBen
04-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Let's hope he will be healthy since he is the best interior blocker they have right now.

Imagine if Ryan Harris can beat out Orland Franklin at RT and the Broncos moved Franklin to guard. Now that would be a 'couple' of good guards.

oubronco
04-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Kupes a beast. Not worried about him.
Someone PM his dad. What's his handle?

kupesdad :ouwknow:

FireFly
04-13-2012, 07:20 PM
We need him back, I wouldn't be holding my breath for a June return though. From experience these injuries have a way of lingering. What feels like little progress, then heaps over a month or two and then a plateau at around 80% for an infuriatingly long time.

socalorado
04-13-2012, 07:20 PM
kupesdad :ouwknow:

Thanks. Wasn't sure.

socalorado
04-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Just sent his dad a message.

KevinJames
04-13-2012, 09:13 PM
This is great to hear but I figured he would be ready I heard him on 104.3 last month say it wasn't as bad as it looked and he will be 100% by camp.

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Kuper is gonna be all like, wow, so this is what it's like to play with a HoF QB....

lonestar
04-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Gotta love Kuper saying "it didnt hurt as bad as it looks"

thats the type of player i want in the trenches...

His body was in shock, with his adrenalin running on the moon..

When playing kick ball in the streeet as a kid, we were using a banged up Olds as third base. After hitting the car hard (slipped on the sand) on my way to a home run, I Sliced my thigh open to the bone, did not feel a thing until someone told me my leg was bloody, when I was standing around after the score....

It took about 30 stiches to close the wound, until they started sowing it up I really did not feel the cut..

But after I calmed down from it all, it hurt like hell.

but to get back to Kupe yes he is a tough guy, but we all know he ws not going to play again tath day, you have to realize he was looking at it from a very close up perspective those of us that saw it from on high.. we saw how bad it was..

lonestar
04-14-2012, 12:53 AM
We need him back, I wouldn't be holding my breath for a June return though. From experience these injuries have a way of lingering. What feels like little progress, then heaps over a month or two and then a plateau at around 80% for an infuriatingly long time.

Hell high ankle sprains take forever to heal.. This was a tad worse..

I'd be surprised to see him at 100% until next year..

Hamrob
04-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Maybe if his name was Beadles he should be worried, but Kuper is actually good.Hey, I think Kuper has been our best Olineman for the last few years...but, this was no ordinary injury. He shattered his ankle. For a lineman, your entire base is predicated on your ability to squat, plant and chop with your base. Is he lifting weights on that leg? I doubt it. Walking without a cain is a lot different then playing guard at a high level. We'll see....but, it could take him the entire year before he's back to form.

Hamrob
04-14-2012, 09:06 AM
I would not be surprised to see Franklin moved over to RG and Harris playing right tackle before it's all over. Kuper is going to have some strength issues.