PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Steal

TheReverend
04-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Just snapped up a deal for vacation #8 in the past year lol.

Anyway, thought I'd share since it's a killer deal (this all inclusive resort is normally 600 a day). If you end up making an impulse buy like I did, PM the dates you're going and maybe we'll catch a drink :)

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/308840?ref=conf-jp&rpi=56416708

Tripadvisor reviews of resort:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147296-d149341-Reviews-LaSource_Grenada-St_George_s_St_George_Grenada.html

And yes, I'm going to make my girlfriend join me for an afternoon of fencing lol.

Boobs McGee
04-12-2012, 06:38 AM
That looks pretty effing sweet. How much are tix to Grenada, and do you need a passport?

TheReverend
04-12-2012, 06:42 AM
That looks pretty effing sweet. How much are tix to Grenada, and do you need a passport?

I'm sure you need a passport. And tickets aren't cheap. The ones I'm looking at are about 600 a piece from North Florida. Granted that's also during the prime heavy travel season so probably cheaper later on, but that still puts me at a ridiculous deal for under 3k so whatever :)

That One Guy
04-12-2012, 06:44 AM
Just a random Thurs-Thurs trip is $650 per person.

I've tried the high end experience before and I find I just don't fit. I want Corona rather than wine, a big ol' plate of wings rather than 5 star crumbs drizzled in random sauce, and shorts and flip flops rather than a polo or whatever it is you wear to fit in. That always makes me weary about these places. I just don't want to end up feeling awkward all week.

socalorado
04-12-2012, 06:46 AM
So when the Rev gets his teeth knocked outta his mouth when hes in a bar room brawl on the 1st night there, they will have a dentist on stand by!
Now thats 5 star Awesomeness.
!!!PRICELINE NEGOTIATOR!!!

http://www.elliott.org/wp-content/uploads/negotiator.jpg

TheReverend
04-12-2012, 06:52 AM
Just a random Thurs-Thurs trip is $650 per person.

I've tried the high end experience before and I find I just don't fit. I want Corona rather than wine, a big ol' plate of wings rather than 5 star crumbs drizzled in random sauce, and shorts and flip flops rather than a polo or whatever it is you wear to fit in. That always makes me weary about these places. I just don't want to end up feeling awkward all week.

This post certainly makes me think you've never been at a resort like that... there's no polos, forced wine, or feeling awkward about anything lol

So when the Rev gets his teeth knocked outta his mouth when hes in a bar room brawl on the 1st night there, they will have a dentist on stand by!
Now thats 5 star Awesomeness.
!!!PRICELINE NEGOTIATOR!!!

Plausible scenario

underrated29
04-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Its a good price, I wouldn't say its an amazing deal by any means, but not half bad.
passports are required and need to be valid for at least six months after the last day of vacay.

Beantown Bronco
04-12-2012, 07:53 AM
passports are required and need to be valid for at least six months after the last day of vacay.

That's kind of a weird provision. What's the logic there? If it's good, it should be good right up until the last day. (I could see maybe building in a day or two for a cancelled flight or something, but 6 months?)

TheReverend
04-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Its a good price, I wouldn't say its an amazing deal by any means, but not half bad.

I thought it was a pretty amazing deal for the quality of the resort. If you have any better deals please link them to me!

underrated29
04-12-2012, 08:04 AM
That's kind of a weird provision. What's the logic there? If it's good, it should be good right up until the last day. (I could see maybe building in a day or two for a cancelled flight or something, but 6 months?)

Government logic.

They can/will fine you if they catch it. Most of the time if you get a lax custom boarder patrol agent-they let you slide. But it is there and it does happen.

Requiem
04-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Government logic.

They can/will fine you if they catch it. Most of the time if you get a lax custom boarder patrol agent-they let you slide. But it is there and it does happen.

If you leave me now, you take away the biggest part of me.

Ah-woo-ooh-oo-ooh.

That One Guy
04-12-2012, 08:06 AM
This post certainly makes me think you've never been at a resort like that... there's no polos, forced wine, or feeling awkward about anything lol

Plausible scenario

Ahh.. maybe I was reading it wrong, then. Pretty much when wines get introduced and stars start getting up there, I just assume. Good to know though, the wife has been wanting to do one of those inclusive joints. I'm scared of turning myself loose on all the alcohol my body can consume, though.

underrated29
04-12-2012, 08:09 AM
I thought it was a pretty amazing deal for the quality of the resort. If you have any better deals please link them to me!

I dont have deals on resorts my man. But I do see them/review them daily-all the ones that come in or out, or however you want to put it. Like I said its not a bad deal, but it also not the best things out there. Most of the time it depends on when you go. Its still a nice price for the place. Me personally, well never mind....Its good, I doubt youd have anything negative to say upon return except for maybe how ****faced you got and felt the next morning.

DenverBroncosJM
04-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Ahh.. maybe I was reading it wrong, then. Pretty much when wines get introduced and stars start getting up there, I just assume. Good to know though, the wife has been wanting to do one of those inclusive joints. I'm scared of turning myself loose on all the alcohol my body can consume, though.

I can promise you you will have a great time at almost any 4 star + all inclusive resort. I prefer adults only but if you don't mind kids it opens up even more resorts

TheReverend
04-12-2012, 08:10 AM

You'll never go back to any other type of trip. Want a filet AND chicken marsala for dinner? No problem, get both.

Here's another one I was looking at and wouldve done if this most recent one wasnt such a steal

http://www.morganbayresort.com/

That One Guy
04-12-2012, 08:20 AM
You'll never go back to any other type of trip. Want a filet AND chicken marsala for dinner? No problem, get both.

Here's another one I was looking at and wouldve done if this most recent one wasnt such a steal

http://www.morganbayresort.com/

Wow. Everything always looks so amazing on these things. I think the wife was looking at one down in the Keys which we could just drive to. While it racks up the costs, it almost seems like going to the airport helps detach from the world, though.

Hmm... might have to take a vacation this summer. We had decided against it but now I'm tempted.

DENVERDUI55
04-12-2012, 08:37 AM
I can book that resort for 145 a night pp. Not sure how many nights you are going. You are probably doing a week which is deal I could get.