PDA

View Full Version : So, uh, name a couple of draft eilligble players you'd like to see on the Broncos!

Requiem
04-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Thought this could be a change of pace. In this thread tell us a little about people you would like to see on the Denver Broncos this next season and maybe why they are a good fit for the team.

Feel free to post YouTubes. ^5

DarkHorse
04-11-2012, 09:12 PM
CB, RB, DT, LB

I know of Janoris Jenkins? Dre Kirkpatrick and Claiborne at CB

Few RB's that look interesting - Miller, Wilson and Turbin

I look forward to you guys throwing names/vids out there so I can get pumped up about this draft. This is the first time in quite a few years that I haven't been much interested in the draft - just seems like a bunch of scrub type players and 2 possibly good QB's?

pricejj
04-11-2012, 10:13 PM
How about Kendall Wright? 5'011", 4.42 forty, 38.5' vert... just watch the tape.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q_4kvpLC1d8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q_4kvpLC1d8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Kendall Wright vs Oklahoma...runs a great slant...sits in zones well...uncanny balance and strength...kinda like Hester with hands...makes Oklahoma look like JV.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6KG1eUf37w?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6KG1eUf37w?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

I encourage you to watch all his games on Youtube. It's always the same. He truly dominates opposing DB's, working the middle of the field, and is a deep burner with sure hands. He is a fierce competitor for the ball, with great hands, leaping ability, and body control. It's rare that you can find a guy who dominates underneath and down the field. And oh yeah, he WILL get open, you can gaurantee it...

Dexter
04-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Josh Robinson CB 5-11, 199, 4.29 40 yard dash. Has good hips and is a competitor.

Here's a decent game against AJ. Green which isn't bad considering what Green did to NFL corners last year.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tiO997bxcZY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tiO997bxcZY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Got sucked inside a couple times but nothing the coaches couldn't fix.

Baba Booey
04-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Doug Martin.

One-cut runner, good pass blocker, seems like a Fox back.

RedEyedJeti
04-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Curtis Painter!

Broncoman13
04-11-2012, 10:41 PM
I am all for Kendall Wright... But I think you can get the same player in Broyles in the 4th round.

Like Doug Martin and Lamar Miller a lot. Martin is a complete back that can also return kicks while we ride the wheels off of McGahee.

Dont know enough about the DTs, other than what I have read.

Right now a pretty good scenario would be to trade down from 25. Get into the mid 30s. There you select Doug Martin. With the extra 3rd in the trade down, and an extra 4th for Tebow, you get back into the 2nd around 48. There you select Kendall Reyes, who looks like a pretty good 3 Tech... Supposedly the Broncos like him. At our normal 2nd round pick, you select Brock Osweiler to groom for the future. With our regular pick in the 3rd, you select Mike Martin or Ta'Amu if he lasts. Martin and Reyes are kind of similar players. In the 4th with only our regular pick remaining, you select Ryan Broyles.

So here is what you have

2- Doug Martin, RB, Boise St.
2- Kendall Reyes, DT, UCONN
2- Brock Osweiller, QB, ASU
3- Mike Martin, DT, Mich
4- Ryan Broyles, WR, OU

There is a slim chance that we could be picking between Thompson, Martin, and Ta'Amu in the 3rd. Sweet!

Doggcow
04-11-2012, 10:50 PM
How about Kendall Wright? 5'011", 4.42 forty, 38.5' vert... just watch the tape.

Kendall Wright vs Oklahoma...runs a great slant...sits in zones well...and makes Oklahoma look like JV.

Those Slants are great. I personally LOVE the slant route, I think it is the best play in football bar-none. It has big play potential on every try if you split the safeties or go outside around them, one missed tackle and it's a huge play. It's nearly uncoverable by a solo corner, and it almost always gets 5+yards.

Slants are devastating when executed effectively. They also murder defenses that start over-protecting them.

For my players:

Michael Floyd I think is the only WR worth taking high, and if he's available at 20+ I'd hope we jump all over him.

Donta Hightower is an MLB I like, and I also wouldn't mind a flier late or UDFA on Burefict.

RB's are plentiful in this draft. Chris Polk in the 3rd would be AMAZING, I think he will be a special player. Ronnie Hillman is another guy that's not getting talked about a lot, that has some special potential I think.

Broncoman13
04-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Those Slants are great. I personally LOVE the slant route, I think it is the best play in football bar-none. It has big play potential on every try if you split the safeties or go outside around them, one missed tackle and it's a huge play. It's nearly uncoverable by a solo corner, and it almost always gets 5+yards.

Slants are devastating when executed effectively. They also murder defenses that start over-protecting them.

For my players:

Michael Floyd I think is the only WR worth taking high, and if he's available at 20+ I'd hope we jump all over him.

Donta Hightower is an MLB I like, and I also wouldn't mind a flier late or UDFA on Burefict.

RB's are plentiful in this draft. Chris Polk in the 3rd would be AMAZING, I think he will be a special player. Ronnie Hillman is another guy that's not getting talked about a lot, that has some special potential I think.

I worry that Hightower is a 2 down player... At the least, he becomes a pass rusher on 3rd downs.

Would you take Polk in the 3rd over Martin in the 2nd? I would take Doug Martin. Hillman or Turbin? Tough call, Hillman looks like a faster more productive McCluster. Turbin looks like a faster LaGarrette Blount. Maybe even a Thomas Jones type.

Doggcow
04-11-2012, 11:06 PM
I worry that Hightower is a 2 down player... At the least, he becomes a pass rusher on 3rd downs.

Would you take Polk in the 3rd over Martin in the 2nd? I would take Doug Martin. Hillman or Turbin? Tough call, Hillman looks like a faster more productive McCluster. Turbin looks like a faster LaGarrette Blount. Maybe even a Thomas Jones type.

I honestly haven't seen anything out of Doug Martin, unfortunately, I have a few friends that work in Idaho though and say he's a stud, well worth a 1st though, and I trust them. So obviously I'd be ok with a 2nd on him.

I'm a Washington State Alum, and I've watched TONS of Polk and really think he could be something special, reminds me of Brian Westbrook a lot. Hillman is definitely more of a scat-back, and I like his versatility more than the limited highlight reels I've seen of Turbin. I'd be all for dropping picks on both Turbin and Hillman though, as I think they'd be a deadly combo, while I see Polk/Martin as reliable every-down backs, that just get spotted by a clear RB2.

pricejj
04-11-2012, 11:09 PM

I remember when Manning played the Broncos a few years back, the announcers said Manning was completing 9/10 slants to Wayne. Wright has great hands, speed, balance, leaping ability, lower body strength...you name it. He's a #1 WR. I like Hightower a lot too, but...HOLY COW

I honestly haven't seen anything out of Doug Martin

He's a good back, but not worth a 1st pick...runs a 4.55 forty...5th year Senior. He's not as good as McGahee, and would only get 5-7 touches a game for what 40 yards? Not worth it.

Great13
04-11-2012, 11:51 PM
First off GREAT thread idea!

Now as far as guys I like in this draft...

Nick Perry- add him as a nickle pass rusher and our defense is VERY hard to pass against. If Manning can put up 21-24 points a game.. teams will have a hard time running against us all day and keeping up...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oQ445EMEKNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

... especially if we trade up in the 2nd round for Brandon Thompson. I saw a highlight film (I know I know... highlights) of him early in the college season that I could not find around December-January. This guy pushes the pocket like no other. He and Jenkins are the reasons why Bowers was a highly touted prospect. If you go back and watch the film of Bowers, he was cleaning up their hard work.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0JfB5GCztvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyway.. 2012 players I really like that are possible for the Broncos to draft...
Turbin, Wylie, Joe Adams, Josh Chapman, LaMichael James, Hillman, Iloka, Janoris Jenkins, Jeff Demps, Mike Adams, Mike Martin, Keenan Robinson and Brandon Boykin.

Just to give you an idea of my GM "skills" I'll list past players I was really for or against. And I'll be truly honest.

Against-
George Foster- saw him when I used to party at UGA.. he looked soft and lazy
Jason Pierre-Paul- his film was average but his combine footage mad him look like a wild man (and not in a good way)
Everette Brown- never saw that "first step" people raved about
Jarvis Moss- See Brown above
David Terrell- Just didn't see him succeeding
AJ Green- I didn't see the speed or route running, plus he looked 160.
Deon Grant
Reggie Bush
Matt Leinart
Clay Matthews- high motor blah blah blah, won't work at the next level... egg on my face
Darren McFadden
Pac Man Jones- went to HS with him ( I think I posted about it once) You want to talk about someone from a thug environment? Think Menace II Society...
Sylvester Morris
Rashaun Woods
Patrick Kerney
Jimmy Williams- VT Cornerback
Tim Tebow- Oh man.. I still remember exactly how I felt at that moment
David Greene- UGA QB
DaQuan Bowers
Jabar Gaffney-
Matt Ryan
Ryan Clady- I thought Albert would be a better tackle
Santonio Holmes- Underwhelming draft for WR and I thought Chad Jackson was much better
Nate Clements- or Deltha O'neal.. either way you're screwed! (I also never pass up an opportunity to mention... I have an O'neal jersey!)

Guys I was beating the drum for-
Willie Middlebrooks- yeah I was one of THOSE guys
Ashley Lelie- I came to Denver that year to catch TC and a Pre-Season game. Realize Portis was the TRUTH during that time, so it wasn't a total loss.
DJ Williams- I was telling people he physically could be the next Ray Lewis
Vince Wilfork
Ed Reed- Ok enough Miami guys
Khalif Barnes
Wayne Hunter
Jamal Reynolds- Nick Perry v.1??
Chris Chambers- seriously.. I wanted this guy on the team BAD
Jamar Fletcher- CB from Wis
Micah Johnson- Kentucky LB (I think that was his name)
Maurkice Pouncey & Mike Iupati- I just knew we would draft them in the 1st round in 2010
Demaryius Thomas- round 2
Arian Foster- no seriously I thought he was a perfect 4th or 5th
Greg Lewis- remember what he did to DJ?
Najeh Davenport- i thought he could rip off 2k in our system (OM meme.. I know)
Vince Young- I told my friend he would be the Michael Jordan of the NFL
Bunkley
Rodrique Wright
Haloti Ngata
Lendale White- I actually bet a guy that he would last longer than Bush... hope I don't see that fool anytime soon!
Ted Ginn Jr.- The highlight film to Black Betty.. nuff said.
Eddie Royal- tape was great... the bench press at the combine sold me.
Poindexter- Safety from Virginia a while back.. I just knew he would overcome that injury and be great
William Moore- Safety from Missouri
Dexter Jackson- App. State phenom
Adrian McPherson- Shanny could have worked wonders with that skill set in the bootleg
DJ Shockley- See above
Moreno- after Orakpo at 1A of course...

That's enough for now. Maybe Mediator or one of the more technical posters can see some sort of similarities between those players and tell what type of traits I look for in players. Either way this post just confirmed to me that the Draft is truly a crap shoot. You always think you can do better than the front office, then I look at the guys I liked, and I mean REALLY liked that didn't pan out.. and it's truly humbling.

Sorry for the long post, but it's late and I'm feeling talkative.

Perry in 2012!

Rother8
04-12-2012, 02:26 AM
First off GREAT thread idea!

Now as far as guys I like in this draft...

Nick Perry- add him as a nickle pass rusher and our defense is VERY hard to pass against. If Manning can put up 21-24 points a game.. teams will have a hard time running against us all day and keeping up...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oQ445EMEKNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

... especially if we trade up in the 2nd round for Brandon Thompson. I saw a highlight film (I know I know... highlights) of him early in the college season that I could not find around December-January. This guy pushes the pocket like no other. He and Jenkins are the reasons why Bowers was a highly touted prospect. If you go back and watch the film of Bowers, he was cleaning up their hard work.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0JfB5GCztvA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyway.. 2012 players I really like that are possible for the Broncos to draft...
Turbin, Wylie, Joe Adams, Josh Chapman, LaMichael James, Hillman, Iloka, Janoris Jenkins, Jeff Demps, Mike Adams, Mike Martin, Keenan Robinson and Brandon Boykin.

Just to give you an idea of my GM "skills" I'll list past players I was really for or against. And I'll be truly honest.

Against-
George Foster- saw him when I used to party at UGA.. he looked soft and lazy
Jason Pierre-Paul- his film was average but his combine footage mad him look like a wild man (and not in a good way)
Everette Brown- never saw that "first step" people raved about
Jarvis Moss- See Brown above
David Terrell- Just didn't see him succeeding
AJ Green- I didn't see the speed or route running, plus he looked 160.
Deon Grant
Reggie Bush
Matt Leinart
Clay Matthews- high motor blah blah blah, won't work at the next level... egg on my face
Darren McFadden
Pac Man Jones- went to HS with him ( I think I posted about it once) You want to talk about someone from a thug environment? Think Menace II Society...
Sylvester Morris
Rashaun Woods
Patrick Kerney
Jimmy Williams- VT Cornerback
Tim Tebow- Oh man.. I still remember exactly how I felt at that moment
David Greene- UGA QB
DaQuan Bowers
Jabar Gaffney-
Matt Ryan
Ryan Clady- I thought Albert would be a better tackle
Santonio Holmes- Underwhelming draft for WR and I thought Chad Jackson was much better
Nate Clements- or Deltha O'neal.. either way you're screwed! (I also never pass up an opportunity to mention... I have an O'neal jersey!)

Guys I was beating the drum for-
Willie Middlebrooks- yeah I was one of THOSE guys
Ashley Lelie- I came to Denver that year to catch TC and a Pre-Season game. Realize Portis was the TRUTH during that time, so it wasn't a total loss.
DJ Williams- I was telling people he physically could be the next Ray Lewis
Vince Wilfork
Ed Reed- Ok enough Miami guys
Khalif Barnes
Wayne Hunter
Jamal Reynolds- Nick Perry v.1??
Chris Chambers- seriously.. I wanted this guy on the team BAD
Jamar Fletcher- CB from Wis
Micah Johnson- Kentucky LB (I think that was his name)
Maurkice Pouncey & Mike Iupati- I just knew we would draft them in the 1st round in 2010
Demaryius Thomas- round 2
Arian Foster- no seriously I thought he was a perfect 4th or 5th
Greg Lewis- remember what he did to DJ?
Najeh Davenport- i thought he could rip off 2k in our system (OM meme.. I know)
Vince Young- I told my friend he would be the Michael Jordan of the NFL
Bunkley
Rodrique Wright
Haloti Ngata
Lendale White- I actually bet a guy that he would last longer than Bush... hope I don't see that fool anytime soon!
Ted Ginn Jr.- The highlight film to Black Betty.. nuff said.
Eddie Royal- tape was great... the bench press at the combine sold me.
Poindexter- Safety from Virginia a while back.. I just knew he would overcome that injury and be great
William Moore- Safety from Missouri
Dexter Jackson- App. State phenom
Adrian McPherson- Shanny could have worked wonders with that skill set in the bootleg
DJ Shockley- See above
Moreno- after Orakpo at 1A of course...

That's enough for now. Maybe Mediator or one of the more technical posters can see some sort of similarities between those players and tell what type of traits I look for in players. Either way this post just confirmed to me that the Draft is truly a crap shoot. You always think you can do better than the front office, then I look at the guys I liked, and I mean REALLY liked that didn't pan out.. and it's truly humbling.

Sorry for the long post, but it's late and I'm feeling talkative.

Perry in 2012!

Curious- not that he'll be a Bronco but what's your take on Stephen Hill?

I think he could be Demaryius 2.0 with a little more explosiveness.

KevinJames
04-12-2012, 03:20 AM
LaMichael James

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WjljPTvR9b8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WjljPTvR9b8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjljPTvR9b8)

would be a nice change of pace to Mcgahee & Kno

Ronnie Tsunami
04-12-2012, 05:25 AM
Me, LaMichael, Polk, Devon Still, Fletcher Cox, Bobby Wagner, Donta Hightower, Mark Barron, Cordy Glenn

BroncoBuff
04-12-2012, 07:59 AM
This would work:

1 - Jerel Worthy
2 - Chris Polk
3 - Ron Brooks/Chase Minnifield
4 - Zebrie Sanders
4 - Robert Turbin
5 - Audie Cole
6 - Akiem Hicks/Hebron Fanguko

Rohirrim
04-12-2012, 08:10 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NsGf5i-_dCE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3qTJkl-4s2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DXsxoisEmxQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

</iframe><iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yWcUIgFsOyc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBen
04-12-2012, 09:52 AM

This is the player I want to see the Broncos draft at #25 if he is still on the Board. Manning and Wr Kendel Wright = Big Plays.

Then draft a DT in the 2nd round, a RB in the 3rd.

peacepipe
04-12-2012, 09:58 AM
LaMichael James

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WjljPTvR9b8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WjljPTvR9b8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjljPTvR9b8)

would be a nice change of pace to Mcgahee & Knofwiw,kno & james are pretty much the same except james is faster. james will likely be a 3rd down back as is kno.

DarkHorse
04-12-2012, 10:16 AM
fwiw,kno & james are pretty much the same except james is faster. james will likely be a 3rd down back as is kno.

That settles it - James sucks.

ScottXray
04-12-2012, 10:24 AM
fwiw,kno & james are pretty much the same except james is faster. james will likely be a 3rd down back as is kno.

+1 James will never hold up in the NFL...he is too injury prone and small to last . KM2 is a good analogy...will always be knicked up. I wouldn't go over a
5th for him, but someone will

Requiem
04-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Ro, I like your posts. As I told you privately, Gray is a guy who would work well on the Broncos. If Moreno isn't ready to roll by the start of the season, he is a jack of all trades guy who can catch out of the backfield and make some plays. I think the Broncos need to wait until the third or fourth for the value at running back. It's great there this year and I think we can get someone to come in and help out at that point in time. Gray would be one of them.

Great13
04-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Curious- not that he'll be a Bronco but what's your take on Stephen Hill?

I think he could be Demaryius 2.0 with a little more explosiveness.

I'm not going to let the Combine 4.38 fool me. When you watch them play Stephen Hill doesn't look as explosive as his numbers would indicate. He also doesn't seem to attack the ball when it's in the air. Here is a side by side comparison of Hill & Thomas. Notice how even when he's wide open.. Thomas goes up to get the ball. Plus he just looks more sudden and explosive than Hill.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HaL6NvoHRT4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fMK59U6nCuw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1nDhGrYAx5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Does the play at 3:18 in the last Thomas video look a little familiar?

That said.. I'd take Hill in the 4th round as a one trick deep threat.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Joe Adams and Jake Bequette

Rohirrim
04-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Ro, I like your posts. As I told you privately, Gray is a guy who would work well on the Broncos. If Moreno isn't ready to roll by the start of the season, he is a jack of all trades guy who can catch out of the backfield and make some plays. I think the Broncos need to wait until the third or fourth for the value at running back. It's great there this year and I think we can get someone to come in and help out at that point in time. Gray would be one of them.

I'm going to have to update my mock now that Cox is out of reach. I think the Broncos could wait until that 108 pick and still get Gray. He's a real high character, team first, strong work ethic kind of player too.

DBroncos4life
04-12-2012, 11:42 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qshTW_jt1T8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I_jShc0LPJU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rohirrim
04-12-2012, 11:50 AM
The Huddle Report now has Cox as the #7 player on their value board. Damn!

pricejj
04-12-2012, 11:56 AM
This is the player I want to see the Broncos draft at #25 if he is still on the Board. Manning and Wr Kendel Wright = Big Plays.

Then draft a DT in the 2nd round, a RB in the 3rd.

My thoughts EXACTLY...Wright/DT/RB.

Kendall Wright is an infinitely more explosive version of Wes Welker, who can go over the top, and underneath ALL DAY LONG!! Not for just the big play, but 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down...anywhere on the field. Wright would become the centerpiece of the Broncos lethal passing attack.

The Broncos Offense would be better than New England, because Kendall Wright is the true deep-threat that NE lacks. Plus we have McGahee, and can get Jonathan Stewart or another 1B RB in the 3rd round.

Add to that an impact DT in the 2nd? heh heh heh

I can see Belicheat and Brady trembling now...

Rohirrim
04-12-2012, 12:16 PM
I sure wouldn't be opposed to Wright, but I doubt he drops to us.

Pick Six
04-12-2012, 03:21 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xxk88nb4zhQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rohirrim
04-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Anybody watching this interview with Coples on NFLN regarding the draft? The guy looks totally loaded.

Arkie
04-12-2012, 04:25 PM
All Manning needs to do is just get Joe Adams the ball! He's a slippery dynamic home run threat from any position on the field.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RxW2mL8BbOA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/byPjkmgUcWg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gunns
04-12-2012, 06:34 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NsGf5i-_dCE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9fx0ivIXHU0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v8ywX06YgAA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chris
04-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Honestly, I'm excited about a lot of the RBs that have been mentioned.

For the Worthy fans - why Worthy over Brockers? I know Brockers is expected to go first but he could slip after his combine.

HAT
04-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Here's my top 50 for Denver......Bolded my dream draft (no trades involved) which I don't think has any significant reaches or dream ons.

Kuechly LB
Cox DT
Wright WR
Hill WR
Perry DE
Konz C
Martin OT
Kirkpatrick CB
Gilmore CB
Reyes DT....Penetrating DT who should be able to start for this team
Worthy DT
Still DT
Hightower LB
Thompson DT
Brown LB
David LB
Kendricks LB...Versatility to be short term Wil & long term Mike if Irving doesn't show anything
Osemele OL
Carder LB
Criner WR
Quick WR
McNutt.... WR 2/3 who Manning can make a star
Polk RB
James RB
Turbin RB
Wolfe DT
Martin DT
Minnifield CB...Return kicks & learn from the best
Norman CB
Judie CB
Osweiler QB
Spence LB
Nix g/T.....Depth, Depth, Depth
Kelemete G
Guyton DE
Foles QB
Pead RB
Pierce RB
Hillman RB
Jean-Baptiste DT
Hicks DT....Developmental NT
Harris DT
Hilton WR
Rainey RB
Fangupo DT
Coleman QB
Lindley QB
Cole LB
Burfict LB
Crick JJ

I'm sure many here will call Reyes a reach at 25 but I think he's the best DT fit for Denver after Cox.

Kendricks is 50/50 to be there at 57 IMO but has the versatility & athleticism Denver need at LB right now.

Criner's probably long gone at 87 but McNutt (Or Quick) would round out the WR corps nicely for Manning and have good value at the tail end of the 3rd.

I don't know if Minnifield gets out the 3rd but his stock has steadily been dropping....If he does, Denver should definitely grab him to return kicks and learn from Champ.

Bottom of the 4th would be a great spot for some O-line depth/insurance and Nix or Kelemete fit that bill.

Hicks=Developmental type NT at the top of the 5th.

houghtam
04-13-2012, 04:23 AM

Thanks for posting the Worthy highlights. Anyone who thinks this guy won't live up to being a first rounder missed both Wisconsin games, the Michigan game and the Georgia game...and that's just this year. I especially love him running over the running back who comes in to block him at 2:20. Hilarious!

BroncoInferno
04-13-2012, 05:47 AM
The most undervalued DT in the draft, Derek Wolfe. His production is second to none, and he's improved every year (4 sacks as a sophomore, 5 as a junior, 9.5 last season). He's 6'5" 300, so he has ample size. He's plenty athletic, too: at the combine he ran a 4.94 40 and a 7.26 in the 3 cone drill, among the best times for all DTs. Go BPA or trade down in the 1st, then steal this guy in the 2nd.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iJsmdwFcPyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gunns
04-13-2012, 06:12 AM
Honestly, I'm excited about a lot of the RBs that have been mentioned.

For the Worthy fans - why Worthy over Brockers? I know Brockers is expected to go first but he could slip after his combine.

Some now put Brockers third behind Cox and Worthy. Mayock is one. In Feb, before the combine he had Brockers first, he now has him third. I haven't found any now that have Brockers going first. I'm sure there are some but from what it was to now has changed.

g6matty
04-13-2012, 07:26 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n2uZ-b0GgEQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pick Six
04-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Some now put Brockers third behind Cox and Worthy. Mayock is one. In Feb, before the combine he had Brockers first, he now has him third. I haven't found any now that have Brockers going first. I'm sure there are some but from what it was to now has changed.

Here's a mock draft that has Brockers going to the Bengals, at #17...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

pricejj
04-13-2012, 10:05 AM
The most undervalued DT in the draft, Derek Wolfe. His production is second to none, and he's improved every year (4 sacks as a sophomore, 5 as a junior, 9.5 last season). He's 6'5" 300, so he has ample size. He's plenty athletic, too: at the combine he ran a 4.94 40 and a 7.26 in the 3 cone drill, among the best times for all DTs. Go BPA or trade down in the 1st, then steal this guy in the 2nd.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iJsmdwFcPyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This. Hopefully NE doesn't draft him first at # 48.

SouthStndJunkie
04-13-2012, 10:10 AM
I would love to see Denver draft Eric Page, WR/KR/PR, Toledo in the 5th or 6th round.

He is the real deal and will find a role with a team and will make plays.