PDA

View Full Version : Damn! No Parole for Charles Manson!

Rohirrim
04-11-2012, 12:02 PM
I thought for sure he'd get it this time. He seems harmless enough to me.

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/120411-charles-manson-833a.grid-4x2.jpg
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47017512/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/?ns=us_news-crime_and_courts#.T4XGcRykFDQ

He could be a Walmart greeter, or something.

Requiem
04-11-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm rootin' for ya CHarlie!

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Did he even go to it this time? Ha

Smiling Assassin27
04-11-2012, 12:06 PM
After reading Helter Skelter, this is one guy that 'life without parole' was tailor made for.

Rohirrim
04-11-2012, 12:07 PM
I think it's the swastika on the forehead that turns people off, Charlie.

Gort
04-11-2012, 12:09 PM
not funny.

this lunatic and his followers murdered a bunch of people in a truly grisly manner.

he should have been executed decades ago.

he was on death row until a bunch of dumbass California judges halted the death penalty there back in the 70's and his sentence was commuted to life. it's an abomination that there is even a parole hearing for him and that the taxpayers of that state have had to bear the cost of his incarceration all these years.

some people are just evil and humanity is better with them gone. Manson. Hitler. Bundy. Carrot Top.

Rohirrim
04-11-2012, 12:11 PM
not funny.

this lunatic and his followers murdered a bunch of people in a truly grisly manner.

he was on death row until a bunch of dumbass California judges halted the death penalty there back in the 70's and his sentence was commuted to life. it's an abomination that there is even a parole hearing for him and that the taxpayers of that state have had to bear the cost of his incarceration all these years.

some people are just evil and humanity is better with them gone. Manson. Hitler. Bundy. Carrot Top.

Carrot Top I agree with. We should have kept Bundy around for study. That was one whacked cowboy.

Charles Manson going up for parole isn't funny?

It's funny to me. Ha!

razorwire77
04-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Time for him to go full on "Swastika Santa" and get a red hat and suit.

Miss I.
04-11-2012, 12:14 PM
here's to hoping the rest of his lesser well known groupie-psychos also stayed locked up.

socalorado
04-11-2012, 12:14 PM
not funny.

Yep. Ive been paying for this ****er and the night stalker and a whole bunch of other POS's for a while now.
Its great. $40,000 a year for each of em.
Or we could just stick em in a blast furnace for 35 seconds.
Unreal.

Miss I.
04-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Yep. Ive been paying for this ****er and the night stalker and a whole bunch of other POS's for a while now.
Its great. $40,000 a year for each of em.
Or we could just stick em in a blast furnace for 35 seconds.
Unreal.

Do you know that Nightstalker, Richard Ramirez has gotten married to one of those wacked serial killer groupies whiile he's been awaiting death penalty for the last 20+ years... I hate that guy.

Gort
04-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Do you know that Nightstalker, Richard Ramirez has gotten married to one of those wacked serial killer groupies whiile he's been awaiting death penalty for the last 20+ years... I hate that guy.

he probably gets conjugal visits too, huh?

at least every once in a while, the convicts take justice into their own hands. e.g. Dahmer.

LGM
04-11-2012, 12:35 PM
here's to hoping the rest of his lesser well known groupie-psychos also stayed locked up.

As I recall, a few are free now. Might be wrong though.

Rohirrim
04-11-2012, 12:38 PM
I can just imagine his hearing:

Hearing Officer: Mr. Manson, do you feel you have reformed?

Manson: Reformed what? You pigs did this to me. You've kept me locked up my whole life. I am your children! I am what you made me! I was creating a paradise in the desert until you pigs came along! Hitler was a saint compared to you! Look what you do to your children! You just keep me locked up to quiet my voice. I'm a revolution, man! I'm sending my thought waves out still! You can't stop it! You try! You put screws in my brain! You lock me up! But I'm still free, man! You're the ones who are locked up!

Hearing Officer: Okay. So we'll put down "No" for that one. Next question...

Miss I.
04-11-2012, 01:08 PM
I think most of the directly involved, Tex Watson, Susan Atkins, Leslie Van houten and Patricia Krenwinkel are still locked up (though Susan Atkins apparently died in prison from cancer). Squeeky Frome was released, but I guess trying to kill the President isn't the same.

bendog
04-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Manson didn't attend the hearing.

"At his age, I think he doesn't care," said Deputy District Attorney Patrick Sequeira, who will argue against Manson's release. "He would be lost if he got out. He's completely institutionalized."

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/146964815.html

I think that was the idea once the death penalty was off the table.
--

Chris
04-11-2012, 01:32 PM
not funny.

I agree with what I quoted. Don't believe in the death penalty.

Mogulseeker
04-11-2012, 01:33 PM
After reading Helter Skelter, this is one guy that 'life without parole' was tailor made for.

Pardon my ignorance, but could you tell me why? From what I know, Manson brainwashed some people to try and murder a couple of celebrities. Now, while that is bad, people have gotten less time for doing more.

delany
04-11-2012, 01:48 PM
I can just imagine his hearing:

Hearing Officer: Mr. Manson, do you feel you have reformed?

Manson: Reformed what? You pigs did this to me. You've kept me locked up my whole life. I am your children! I am what you made me! I was creating a paradise in the desert until you pigs came along! Hitler was a saint compared to you! Look what you do to your children! You just keep me locked up to quiet my voice. I'm a revolution, man! I'm sending my thought waves out still! You can't stop it! You try! You put screws in my brain! You lock me up! But I'm still free, man! You're the ones who are locked up!

Hearing Officer: Okay. So we'll put down "No" for that one. Next question...

Funny. I thought it would go like this.

Hearing Officer: Mr Manson, do you feel you've been rehabilitated?

Manson: Rehabilitated? Well, now let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means.

Hearing Officer: Well, it means that you're ready to rejoin society

Manson: I know what *you* think it means, sonny. To me it's just a made up word. A politician's word, so young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie, and have a job. Rehabilitated? It's just a bull**** word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a ****.

Butterscotch Stallion
04-11-2012, 01:51 PM
****...Manson SHOULD HAVE at least killed one person. You serve the time, might as well do the crime.

crawdad
04-11-2012, 01:52 PM
This POS should rot in hell!

OBF1
04-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Charlie always gives the worlds best interviews. I can hardly wait until his next made for TV special.

I was just a youngster when the Tate/LaBianca/Sebering murders took place, but lived within a 15 minute ride from where Manson started his klan and almost as close to where the murders actully took place. I remember alot of news casts and family members talking about it back then... Alot of people where scared to death when this took place.

I am on the fence about him getting released (Though it will never happen now) Yes they guy talked people into doing the deed, Yet he never personally had a hand in pulling off the murders. Alot of persons have killed more people and served alot less prison time.

At 77 years old and another parole hearing atleast 15 years off, Charlie will never get another chance at being a free man.

Gort
04-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but could you tell me why? From what I know, Manson brainwashed some people to try and murder a couple of celebrities. Now, while that is bad, people have gotten less time for doing more.

he was much worse than that. he did brainwash his cult into committing atrocious acts, but he was also very much the ringleader and responsible for all of their crimes. they murdered numerous people, but the murders were also done in a brutal manner. hundreds of stab wounds on each victim. they were tortured and made to watch other victims die. one woman had her unborn baby carved out of her womb as i recall. they used the blood from these murder victims to write anti-police and anti-government slogans on the walls. they chose their victims at random and were merciless in their crimes. Manson also believed in starting a race war that he believed would bring down the government and end with him being elected leader of the whatever new government rose from the ashes. as i recall, he considered the murders to be political acts to that end.

there was a reason they wrote a book and made a movie about this guy and his followers. they are truly sick SOBs.

Gort
04-11-2012, 02:52 PM
I am on the fence about him getting released (Though it will never happen now) Yes they guy talked people into doing the deed, Yet he never personally had a hand in pulling off the murders.

so?

Hitler never gassed a Jew. was he somehow less guilty than those following his and Himmler's "final solution" orders?

Rohirrim
04-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Manson was also convicted of murdering Shorty Shea. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_%22Shorty%22_Shea

houghtam
04-11-2012, 03:22 PM
I agree with what I quoted. Don't believe in the death penalty.

^ this.

Death Penalty is never excusable, IMO.

bendog
04-11-2012, 03:24 PM
He musta gotten some pretty good medical care to make it to 77.

Gort
04-11-2012, 03:29 PM
^ this.

so somebody murders another. maybe a child. maybe a young mother and her children. maybe a bunch of teenagers with their whole lives ahead of them.

what's the appropriate punishment for them?

put them in prison for life? 3 free meals a day. a warm cot. a roof over their heads. 1 hour of exercise a day. free TV. free library.

i don't think so. i think the death penalty is the ONLY penalty appropriate for 1st degree murder.

forget the BS about wrongful convictions for a moment (which is much overblown), let's say you know that somebody is guilty without a shred of a doubt, somebody who murdered or ordered the murder of multiple, random, law-abiding citizens. what's more, this sick ****er ordered that they be tortured while being murdered. let's say this guy is named Charles Manson.

how in the world does he NOT deserve the death penalty for what he did?

i say he's a defective unit. turn him off. send him back to the manufacturer.

socalorado
04-11-2012, 03:38 PM
so somebody murders another. maybe a child. maybe a young mother and her children. maybe a bunch of teenagers with their whole lives ahead of them.

put them in prison for life? 3 free meals a day. a warm cot. a roof over their heads. 1 hour of exercise a day. free TV. free library.

i don't think so. i think the death penalty is the ONLY penalty appropriate for 1st degree murder.

forget the BS about wrongful convictions for a moment (which is much overblown), let's say you know that somebody is guilty without a shred of a doubt, somebody who murdered or ordered the murder of multiple, random, law-abiding citizens. what's more, this sick ****er ordered that they be tortured while being murdered. let's say this guy is named Charles Manson.

I say Blast Furnace. Quick and cheap, and the ashes can be given to the family for proper burial. ....If there is any family.

delany
04-11-2012, 03:38 PM
annnnddddd away we go.

Smiling Assassin27
04-11-2012, 03:43 PM
I think it becomes a very subjective thing when you start defining who 'deserves' to live and die. Punishment serves two purposes--to punish the wrongdoer and protect the innocent. Putting some people away for life still does not protect innocents--namely guards, other inmates, etc. and we know that it's possible to run crime syndicates from prison. So the state does possess the right to inflict capital punishment solely to protect society. Is it used too much these days? You could make a case for it, sure.

houghtam
04-11-2012, 03:49 PM

In a perfect world, you're right. The cheapest alternative would be to kill murderers. That's setting aside the argument those of us are making that no matter what someone has done, no one has the moral right to kill another human being.

However, you know as well as I, that this is not a perfect world, and our justice system, while not perfect, is the best one we have. And with the current justice system, studies are conflicted on whether the Death Penalty vs. Life w/o Parole is the cheaper alternative due to the appeals process and other factors.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

Add in the fact that if it's done, it's something that can never be undone, and that it's never been proven to be a deterrent, and I say no thank you. There is nothing that will ever convince me that it is okay to execute someone.

Chris
04-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Galters you make it sound like prison is some kind of summer camp. Death is a finality. Being left there is a far harsher punishment.

gunns
04-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Galters you make it sound like prison is some kind of summer camp. Death is a finality. Being left there is a far harsher punishment.

Exactly. Revenge is mine saith the Lord.

And I believe Susan Atkins died in prison of cancer or a brain tumor. I believe the rest are still locked up. I know Tex Watson got married in prison and had 4 children from it but she divorced him after they stopped conjugal visits.

Arkie
04-11-2012, 04:11 PM

And I believe Susan Atkins died in prison of cancer or a brain tumor. I believe the rest are still locked up. I know Tex Watson got married in prison and had 4 children from it but she divorced him after they stopped conjugal visits.

It just ain't right. Tex Watson did most of the actual killing. He killed a woman 9 months pregnant denying her and her husband from bringing a child into this world.

Requiem
04-11-2012, 04:28 PM

No.

Captain 'Dre
04-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Yes the guy talked people into doing the deed, Yet he never personally had a hand in pulling off the...

Kinda like Gregg Williams, with the Saints.

He didn't actually lay a hit on an opponent himself...

Gort
04-11-2012, 06:18 PM

for you and me, yes. for somebody like Manson, it's home. in 1966 he asked to stay in prison because he didn't want to face the uncertainty of living on the outside. i promise you, Manson is LOVING every minute of being incarcerated. he's a celebrity inmate. he gets pile of mail from idiots on the outside. he has status in there among other criminals. he's fed. he's warm. he has access to books and TV. it is a freaking hotel to him.

Manson is a POS who EARNED the death penalty for his crimes. turn him off. he's defective. send him back to the manufacturer.

Gort
04-11-2012, 06:21 PM

it's not about revenge. it's about punishment. and it is a deterrent because not a single murderer who has been executed has committed another murder after his execution. you can't say that about murderers who are sent away for "life without parole", but still get paroled and murder again.

http://www.wesleylowe.com/repoff.html

UberBroncoMan
04-11-2012, 06:36 PM
^ this.

Tax dollars wasted for trash that should be tossed.

:flower:

One could argue that if we had more death penalties and made the process quick that crime would drop considerably.

After all, getting caught dealing cocaine or indisputable proof of robbing a store = death doesn't make the venture so appealing anymore.

broncogary
04-11-2012, 06:37 PM

Those conjugal visits must have meant a lot to her. :~ohyah!:

houghtam
04-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Tax dollars wasted for trash that should be tossed.

:flower:

One could argue that if we had more death penalties and made the process quick that crime would drop considerably.

After all, getting caught dealing cocaine or indisputable proof of robbing a store = death doesn't make the venture so appealing anymore.

Statistics say otherwise. There is no less crime per capita in nations that use the death penalty than those that don't. In fact, there is more.

And arguing that we should have the death penalty for robbery is laughable. Let's talk about reality here.

Rugby7
04-11-2012, 07:48 PM
I kind of admire the guy.

Sincerely,
Ozzie Guillen

Rohirrim
04-11-2012, 07:55 PM
^LOL Pretty good.

houghtam
04-11-2012, 08:18 PM
I kind of admire the guy.

Sincerely,
Ozzie Guillen

i loled

Arkie
04-11-2012, 08:21 PM
While I was working on Downward Spiral, I was living in the house where Sharon Tate was killed. Then one day I met her sister. It was a random thing, just a brief encounter. And she said: "Are you exploiting my sister's death by living in her house?" For the first time, the whole thing kind of slapped me in the face. I said, "No, it's just sort of my own interest in American folklore. I'm in this place where a weird part of history occurred." I guess it never really struck me before, but it did then. She lost her sister from a senseless, ignorant situation that I don't want to support. When she was talking to me, I realized for the first time, "What if it was my sister?" I thought, "**** Charlie Manson." I went home and cried that night. It made me see there's another side to things, you know
-Trent Reznor

Broncos_OTM
04-11-2012, 10:34 PM

Especially once his in the flesh torture. Is done. Prison most of you make it seem like a stroll in the park. What's his classification he still in Max? They call it gladiator school for a reason. I have no problem with the death penalty. But I think it fitting before he goes to hell.. he's gotta sit there and think about his death until he does

RedEyedJeti
04-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Maybe Manson should have Tebowed more often and he might have been released.

strafen
04-11-2012, 10:51 PM
I thought for sure he'd get it this time. He seems harmless enough to me.
http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/120411-charles-manson-833a.grid-4x2.jpg
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47017512/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/?ns=us_news-crime_and_courts#.T4XGcRykFDQ

He could be a Walmart greeter, or something.No way man. The dude is twisted beyond believe...
Plus, where would he be living?
The guy would carry his own circus wherever he goes...

myMind
04-11-2012, 11:11 PM
The death penalty is wrong because it says with finality that the morals of some innocents are more just than the other. This is not our call to make. The decision should rest with the guilty. If they want to live in prison for life, let them, but every year offer them the chance to kill themselves. Do not give them T.V, or internet, or anything that they can medicate with. Make them sit with their own mind year after year and eventually they will give up. Prison placates evil instead of holding up a mirror and saying maybe you should just go.

alkemical
04-12-2012, 07:06 AM
The death penalty is wrong because it says with finality that the morals of some innocents are more just than the other. This is not our call to make. The decision should rest with the guilty. If they want to live in prison for life, let them, but every year offer them the chance to kill themselves. Do not give them T.V, or internet, or anything that they can medicate with. Make them sit with their own mind year after year and eventually they will give up. Prison placates evil instead of holding up a mirror and saying maybe you should just go.

The prison industry* has a weird dynamic to it. At times, i feel it is designed to fail.

Rohirrim
04-12-2012, 08:14 AM
No way man. The dude is twisted beyond believe...
Plus, where would he be living?
The guy would carry his own circus wherever he goes...

Uhh It's a joke. This thread was started for comedy purposes. I think the idea that they would even talk about parole for this psycho is absurd. Can you imagine any parole hearing officer in their right minds stamping RELEASE on Manson's paperwork? It's a joke. They tried to parole one of the Manson killers and Arnold overrode them and said, "Hasta la vista." ;D

oubronco
04-12-2012, 08:52 AM
The judicial system reminds of this

http://gifcrap.com/d/1684-1/Slow+kid+tied+to+a+jungle+gym.gif

bendog
04-12-2012, 09:32 AM
I'd consider this TMI

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-says-may-charles-manson-son-192931459.html

Broncos_OTM
04-12-2012, 02:46 PM
The prison industry* has a weird dynamic to it. At times, i feel it is designed to fail.

Homeboy. Someone who takes another mans life does not deserve the benefit of selecting what he wants to do with his life. .

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Parole? GTFO!

That POS should be grateful he didn't have to ride the lightening.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
04-12-2012, 06:36 PM
He could be a Walmart greeter, or something.

L0L! :laugh:

gyldenlove
04-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Homeboy. Someone who takes another mans life does not deserve the benefit of selecting what he wants to do with his life. .

So how do you propose we dismantle the military then? It will obviously be too expensive to give them all trials and put them in the chair, I am wondering if we could just drop them all off a cliff.

gunns
04-12-2012, 06:44 PM
it's not about revenge. it's about punishment. and it is a deterrent because not a single murderer who has been executed has committed another murder after his execution. you can't say that about murderers who are sent away for "life without parole", but still get paroled and murder again.

http://www.wesleylowe.com/repoff.html

If you don't think years in prison is a punishment, read up, talk to an ex prisoner. It also doesn't deter anyone who desires to murder. Not often you hear of a "life without parole" getting out.

myMind
04-12-2012, 08:19 PM

Thats not our decision to make. By saying someone must die for taking a life, we become the same as the person we are judging. Justifying the decision does not make it right. The prisoner deserves to live in a waking hell with no luxury and no possibility of parole, fed the minimum to sustain life, ignored at all points, and given the chance to end their own life on a regular basis. Morally that is all we should do.

Natedogg
04-12-2012, 08:41 PM
http://humorwizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/charles-manson.gif

alkemical
04-13-2012, 06:26 AM
Charlie Manson's crazy - but he's not ill. (I hope that makes sense.)