PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas update

Pages : [1] 2

pricejj
04-11-2012, 07:50 AM
per Vic Lombardi (heard on 104.3 the FAN) -

Demaryius Thomas broke a finger in his left hand last September in practice (on a comeback curl route against Champ), and needed to have a pin inserted (which he played with throughout the year). The pin was removed this offseason, and he is not able to catch/workout with it yet...that is why he is not in Denver catching passes from Manning with Decker.

bronco militia
04-11-2012, 07:55 AM
he had the pin removed a day or two before the broncos signed Manning.

peacepipe
04-11-2012, 07:57 AM
he should be there at least learning or making some kind of effort to get on the same page with everyone.

cmhargrove
04-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Even my high school son can catch one handed. Puss...

Jason in LA
04-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Even my high school son can catch one handed. Puss...

My high school son can to!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Jlewis3233/HO1U1520.jpg

HorseHead
04-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Cool uni's..who bought 'em, Snoop Dog?

bronco militia
04-11-2012, 08:15 AM

:giggle:

fyi, nice catch

Jason in LA
04-11-2012, 08:28 AM

Okay, so what's the correlation between the two?

Lestat
04-11-2012, 08:33 AM
they look similar to USC's and Snoop loves USC.
Okay, so what's the correlation between the two?

i don't want DT doing anything until he's fully healthy. i don't wanna see him get hurt again, Manning has never had the type of physically imposing and catch radius talented WR's like DT and Decker, especially not like DT.

i want Manning & those two fully healthy so they can wreak havoc on the NFL.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-11-2012, 09:04 AM
This is not news. It'll be fine.

Jason, the new Fairfax field is lookin pretty sweet!

Jason in LA
04-11-2012, 09:15 AM
This is not news. It'll be fine.

Jason, the new Fairfax field is lookin pretty sweet!

Yep, the field is complete. I was there yesterday and half the track was laid down, which is good, because the football/track coach has them running in the parking lot instead of getting them to a track. Actually, I don't think he cares much to field a good track team. The track may be available to workout on in a couple weeks, so I won't have to take my son all the way to USC for his track workouts anymore. From what I've heard, they are building new stands. Stadium like, which will hold like 3,000 people. Now all they have to do is field a good enough team to fill those stands.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Yep, the field is complete. I was there yesterday and half the track was laid down, which is good, because the football/track coach has them running in the parking lot instead of getting them to a track. Actually, I don't think he cares much to field a good track team. The track may be available to workout on in a couple weeks, so I won't have to take my son all the way to USC for his track workouts anymore. From what I've heard, they are building new stands. Stadium like, which will hold like 3,000 people. Now all they have to do is field a good enough team to fill those stands.

Well, hopefully they can. Either way, its a prettier site to run by than the dirt clod its been over the past year :D

Denver724
04-11-2012, 09:44 AM
I think DT is going to blow up this year. Last year I was impressed and he was coming off his Achilles injury. This year he should be fully healed and ready to go.

Houshyamama
04-11-2012, 11:34 AM
My high school son can to!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Jlewis3233/HO1U1520.jpg

Let's be honest here, we both know your kid is #3.

broncosteven
04-11-2012, 12:03 PM

I think Jason photoshoped the Alien/UFO/Anti-gravity device(s) out of the picture then got carried away...

Houshyamama
04-11-2012, 12:06 PM
I think Jason photoshoped the Alien/UFO/Anti-gravity device(s) out of the picture then got carried away...

stop projecting a witch hunt onto this photograph

broncosteven
04-11-2012, 12:11 PM
stop projecting a witch hunt onto this photograph

I fear we just ensured this thread will go 30+ pages.

Peyton's nerve
04-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Rub some dirt on it!

Houshyamama
04-11-2012, 12:14 PM
I fear we just ensured this thread will go 30+ pages.

Egypt. Aliens. Obama.

That should help as well.

Jason in LA
04-11-2012, 01:17 PM

lol. That's pretty funny. I posted his highlight video a couple months back. It only has about half of his season on it. I just got video of one other game where he had a couple TDs, one for 91 yards. There's one other game that I'm looking for, then I'll update the video.

Oh, and #3 is in the video on the very first play!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4I5_LuoDn4

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y4I5_LuoDn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blueflame
04-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Your son's really grown up, Jason... wow, I remember pics when he was just a little guy. :thumbsup:

Houshyamama
04-11-2012, 05:25 PM
lol. That's pretty funny. I posted his highlight video a couple months back. It only has about half of his season on it. I just got video of one other game where he had a couple TDs, one for 91 yards. There's one other game that I'm looking for, then I'll update the video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y4I5_LuoDn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haha, very cool. I was just giving you a hard time.

vancejohnson82
04-11-2012, 05:46 PM

can you send it to colleges with Tyga on the soundtrack? or do they frown upon that?

pricejj
04-11-2012, 05:49 PM
"Jason had a great year as Sophmore for 2011...1500 yards...17 td's"

Dude's a freakin' baller.

Baba Booey
04-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Enjoy yourself in the offseason. Go to Vegas. Bang chicks. I don't care.

But please, Demaryius, please...when it comes time to train, just stay healthy. We've yet to see what you can do with a full training camp experience.

vancejohnson82
04-12-2012, 12:02 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/thomas-not-sad-to-see-tebow-go-i-wasnt-getting-no-balls/

Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas raced 80 yards with a Tim Tebow pass in overtime against the Steelers to score one of the biggest touchdowns of the year in the NFL. It would also prove to be Tebow’s last pass in Denver as a Bronco, and Thomas doesn’t feel bad about that.

Thomas told the 2 Live Stews that he’s happy the Broncos traded Tebow and signed Peyton Manning because, for a wide receiver, playing with a passer like Manning is a lot more fun than playing with a running quarterback like Tebow.

“It’s a business decision,” Thomas said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I ain’t going to say I was sad because the only thing they remember is that pass. You gotta go back and look at the rest of the games. I wasn’t getting no balls and you had to make some of these plays where some players were open and he is not making the throws, but I don’t want to talk bad about Tim, but hey I am happy we got Peyton.”

Thomas had some big games with Tebow passing to him, but Thomas is only saying what any honest wide receiver would say: Is there any receiver in the NFL who would rather play with Tebow than Manning? Thomas also hinted that he didn’t appreciate the way the media credited Tebow for the Broncos’ success instead of crediting the entire team.

“Everything on ESPN was all about Tim,” Thomas said. “That bothered some players too because they would say ‘Tim Tebow Time.’ I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn’t for the defense most of the time there wouldn’t be no supposed ‘Tim Tebow Time.’”

And Thomas said that while Tebow is a good teammate, he wasn’t quite the darling of the locker room that he’s sometimes made out to be. When Tebow missed throws, people noticed.

“You would have people calling him out saying, ‘Tim you gotta make that throw. You gotta read the defenses better,’” Thomas said. “Players on offense trying to get him better.”

One thing we can be reasonably sure about is that in Denver this year, no one is going to need to call Peyton Manning out about reading defenses better.

COBronc78
04-12-2012, 12:08 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/thomas-not-sad-to-see-tebow-go-i-wasnt-getting-no-balls/

Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas raced 80 yards with a Tim Tebow pass in overtime against the Steelers to score one of the biggest touchdowns of the year in the NFL. It would also prove to be Tebow’s last pass in Denver as a Bronco, and Thomas doesn’t feel bad about that.

Thomas told the 2 Live Stews that he’s happy the Broncos traded Tebow and signed Peyton Manning because, for a wide receiver, playing with a passer like Manning is a lot more fun than playing with a running quarterback like Tebow.

“It’s a business decision,” Thomas said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I ain’t going to say I was sad because the only thing they remember is that pass. You gotta go back and look at the rest of the games. I wasn’t getting no balls and you had to make some of these plays where some players were open and he is not making the throws, but I don’t want to talk bad about Tim, but hey I am happy we got Peyton.”

Thomas had some big games with Tebow passing to him, but Thomas is only saying what any honest wide receiver would say: Is there any receiver in the NFL who would rather play with Tebow than Manning? Thomas also hinted that he didn’t appreciate the way the media credited Tebow for the Broncos’ success instead of crediting the entire team.

“Everything on ESPN was all about Tim,” Thomas said. “That bothered some players too because they would say ‘Tim Tebow Time.’ I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn’t for the defense most of the time there wouldn’t be no supposed ‘Tim Tebow Time.’”

And Thomas said that while Tebow is a good teammate, he wasn’t quite the darling of the locker room that he’s sometimes made out to be. When Tebow missed throws, people noticed.

“You would have people calling him out saying, ‘Tim you gotta make that throw. You gotta read the defenses better,’” Thomas said. “Players on offense trying to get him better.”

One thing we can be reasonably sure about is that in Denver this year, no one is going to need to call Peyton Manning out about reading defenses better.

I'm sure people will start labeling him as a "diva" for saying those things, but I agree 100%. I'm sure Decker feels the exact same.

vancejohnson82
04-12-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm sure people will start labeling him as a "diva" for saying those things, but I agree 100%. I'm sure Decker feels the exact same.

no doubt...i posted it just as a supplemental piece but don't really have an opinion on what he said...I think even Tim would say that wide recievers are better off catching from Peyton at this point in his career

although I disagree with him bringing up the locker room stuff

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 12:13 PM
no doubt...i posted it just as a supplemental piece but don't really have an opinion on what he said...I think even Tim would say that wide recievers are better off catching from Peyton at this point in his career

I love the "You Gotta Read the Defenses Better" part. From a diva route runner.

I wonder if he noticed that Peyton's QB rating was lower than Timmy's through his first 16 games.

COBronc78
04-12-2012, 12:15 PM

I think the article did a poor job on the locker room comments. I listened to the actual interview, and they asked DT if people ever got on Tim for missing throws. He said that if the team watched film together, people would say something to Tim and give him pointers. All about trying to help him get better.

I see nothing wrong with his locker room comments.

broncocalijohn
04-12-2012, 12:15 PM

With about 4 minutes into it, I get the feeling no one likes your son. Does that team come over and congratulate the receiver who caught it or do they have scores like 59-3 and it is just like any other catch? Give your boy some love but it is like he ****ed all the offensive players' girlfriends and they are all pissed at him.

vancejohnson82
04-12-2012, 12:16 PM
I think the article did a poor job on the locker room comments. I listened to the actual interview, and they asked DT if people ever got on Tim for missing throws. He said that if the team watched film together, people would say something to Tim and give him pointers. All about trying to help him get better.

I see nothing wrong with his locker room comments.

PFT does that a lot....they tend to add a bit of drama to the articles and interviews

happy to hear that he was asked that question and did not just offer up criticism

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-12-2012, 12:17 PM

This is exactly what rational people think. Delusional people will criticize him for saying the truth. This is what we've been saying all along about what the players thought about him. This is also why teboners hate the broncos players and coaches

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-12-2012, 12:19 PM

It took less than 2 minutes.

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 12:20 PM
This is exactly what rational people think. Delusional people will criticize him for saying the truth. This is what we've been saying all along about what the players thought about him. This is also why teboners hate the broncos players and coaches

DT was happier with being 4 and 16, so long as he gets his targets.

COBronc78
04-12-2012, 12:21 PM
PFT does that a lot....they tend to add a bit of drama to the articles and interviews

happy to hear that he was asked that question and did not just offer up criticism

http://media.790thezone.com/Podcasts/2447/Demaryius%20Thomas%2004-11-12%20.mp3

Around the 8:50 mark they get to that question regarding locker room etc.

bendog
04-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Delusional people think the truth is other than what he said, but he's an idiot for saying it.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-12-2012, 12:23 PM
DT was happier with being 4 and 16, so long as he gets his targets.

Ya cause GT's offense was highly pass oriented. Didn't see him cryin there when they gave him only 3 routes to run.

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 12:24 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_DrXG5KPiiE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damn I'm gonna miss that kid.

DENVERDUI55
04-12-2012, 12:30 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_DrXG5KPiiE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Of course that is all you ever post in Teblow this he is great and other teblow fluff.

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Of course that is all you ever post in Teblow this he is great and other teblow fluff.

Well it is offseason and all. Would you prefer I spend more time regurgitating what I learned about our draft prospects via BleacherReport slideshow, like some of our other posters? :)

Tebow/Manning is the only newsworthy Broncos action we've seen since Mid January.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Well it is offseason and all. Would you prefer I spend more time regurgitating what I learned about our draft prospects via BleacherReport slideshow, like some of our other posters? :)

Tebow/Manning is the only newsworthy Broncos action we've seen since Mid January.

Broncos fans would think Manning is the newsworthy.

DENVERDUI55
04-12-2012, 12:41 PM

Yeah Tebow is old news.

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Yeah Tebow is old news.

Better take it up with DT.

UberBroncoMan
04-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Would be funny if we drafted Steven Hill.

We'd have a massive WR core.

yerner
04-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Not surprising. Tebow is a bad throwing quarterback that no wr in his right mind would want to play with and depend on to get him paid.

bendog
04-12-2012, 01:20 PM

I've thought about it.

McDman
04-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Well, DT just found himself a full fledged hater.

Beavis, how is he a diva by saying this? Give me one other example of him being a diva. He spoke the truth. Jyst because he said what everyone else was thinking does not make him a diva.

Terrel Owens was a diva. DT has never cried publibly for the ball.

2KBack
04-12-2012, 01:26 PM

I wonder if he noticed that Peyton's QB rating was lower than Timmy's through his first 16 games.

almost back to back....awesome

Rolandftw
04-12-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm not going to call him a diva, but it was unnecessary even if true imo

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Terrel Owens was a diva. DT has never cried publibly for the ball.

Uh, I think he just did.

ZONA
04-12-2012, 01:30 PM
probably got all his skills from mom's side of the family right Jason? hahahaha Hilarious!

Jason in LA
04-12-2012, 01:42 PM
can you send it to colleges with Tyga on the soundtrack? or do they frown upon that?

I was annoyed by the first song choice. His uncle, who is in his early 20s, so he doesn't have a clue either, helped him make the video. I told him not to use a song with curse words. He choice that first song because the guy says "Heisman pose" at some point in the song. But the guy says "Big booty chicks" really early in the song, and the beat and the guy's rapping style is slow. The song doesn't bring any excitement. I'm redoing the video and taking that song out. These kids don't understand how to present themselves properly. That's one thing that I've always talked to him about, and at times he gets it, but then you get "Big booty chicks" in his highlight video. Yeah, parenting, it's a work in progress. ;D

With about 4 minutes into it, I get the feeling no one likes your son. Does that team come over and congratulate the receiver who caught it or do they have scores like 59-3 and it is just like any other catch? Give your boy some love but it is like he ****ed all the offensive players' girlfriends and they are all pissed at him.

He's one of the most popular kids on the team, and after every game he'd go on facebook and in his status he'd thank the O linemen for blocking well. They'd always respond to his messages thanking him. It would appear that nobody is congratulating him because a lot of his TDs came off of big plays down field. Most of his teammates weren't within 40 yards of him when he scored. Those short scores that he had were 2 point conversions, so nobody was going crazy over those.

Jason in LA
04-12-2012, 01:47 PM
probably got all his skills from mom's side of the family right Jason? hahahaha Hilarious!

Actually, I think his mother tainted my gene pool. lol. At his age I was a lot faster. I mean a whole lot faster. And I tell him that all the time. But he's a better football player because he's been playing since he was 5 years old and he started playing tackle at 8. I didn't play organized football until I got to high school. And with all the personal coaching he's gotten, and the camps and clinics he's been to, he's way ahead of me when I was in the 10th grade. Even though I had more speed, he has way better skills.

Heyneck
04-12-2012, 01:59 PM
It was just unnecessary... he should just leave last year back and move on. No need to put your teammate down... specially one that focused on him most of the times when he was allowed to pass. You didn't see Tim drill any of his WR when they dropped critical balls that hit them on the chest or hands.

Just shows the inmature kid he still is. Deck on the other hand handled the transition with class. By no means to I consider DT a Diva... but he is starting to get a little too overconfident (is such thing exists). Before all this when down, right afte the season was over... he said something like: "I am the main dog and I expect a lot of balls my way".

Just stay humble kid... you'll do great!!!

vancejohnson82
04-12-2012, 02:04 PM
I was annoyed by the first song choice. His uncle, who is in his early 20s, so he doesn't have a clue either, helped him make the video. I told him not to use a song with curse words. He choice that first song because the guy says "Heisman pose" at some point in the song. But the guy says "Big booty chicks" really early in the song, and the beat and the guy's rapping style is slow. The song doesn't bring any excitement. I'm redoing the video and taking that song out. These kids don't understand how to present themselves properly. That's one thing that I've always talked to him about, and at times he gets it, but then you get "Big booty chicks" in his highlight video. Yeah, parenting, it's a work in progress. ;D

Yea...the Jay-Z and Kanye song is alright because its all about balling....its a great highlight vid, but I would toss that first song...also when thinking about sending it out it would be a good thing to either have him do a well-spoken intro or outro....maybe thanking his teammates and family and anyone who is thinking about giving him an opportunity to play at the next level....maybe even a little on who he emulates as a player

i'm sure you already know all of this, just popping in my worthless two cents

I used to make these for kids a while back...its actually a lot of fun

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 02:22 PM
almost back to back....awesome

I'd read the Diva line already, figured if the shoe fit.

Kid finally stays healthy on the field for a few games and suddenly he thinks he's Keyshawn. Not a good sign.

McDman
04-12-2012, 02:39 PM
So is this your MO now? Someone says something bad about Tebow one time and you label "hater" or "diva"? Tell me, where are all the diva articles about DT when he was getting 2 and 3 balls a game at GT?

Please, for the love of God, go be a NY Tebow fan.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Jabbar Gaffney in full Twitter meltdown right now.

schaaf
04-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Jabbar Gaffney in full Twitter meltdown right now.

No kidding, he always seemed to be laid back here in denver

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 02:50 PM
So is this your MO now? Someone says something bad about Tebow one time and you label "hater" or "diva"? Tell me, where are all the diva articles about DT when he was getting 2 and 3 balls a game at GT?

Please, for the love of God, go be a NY Tebow fan.

Yeah, cuz I'm sure DT was getting all sorts of mic time down in Atlanta.

Nobody cared what DT thought about anything before the Steelers game. Hope he enjoyed all that noticeable separation he was getting from wall-to-wall cover-0 (from what I've been told. :) )

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Yeah, cuz I'm sure DT was getting all sorts of mic time down in Atlanta.

Nobody cared what DT thought about anything before the Steelers game. Hope he enjoyed all that noticeable separation he was getting from wall-to-wall cover-0 (from what I've been told. :) )

Before the steelers game? So you are saying broncos fans didn't care about a 1st round pick? Marshalls replacement?

Lestat
04-12-2012, 02:56 PM
i'm definitely not opposed to this. DT #1,Decker #2, Hill #3, Caldwell #4.
that's be hella sweet to give those kid of weapons to Manning.

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Before the steelers game? So you are saying broncos fans didn't care about a 1st round pick? Marshalls replacement?

I think fans cared enough to want to see him play well enough to justify a 1st round pick. Doubt many other than him cared how many balls he was getting as the wins piled up.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-12-2012, 03:07 PM
I think fans cared enough to want to see him play well enough to justify a 1st round pick. Doubt many other than him cared how many balls he was getting as the wins piled up.

Being a fan of Marshall, I was expecting and hoping he would play like a 1st rounder. Hasn't happened yet with all his injuries. I still see Decker as the one who will blow up.

Tombstone RJ
04-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Now that Manning is part of the Broncos, DT has no excuse for sucking. Hopefully he'll become great with Manning, but if not then I guess it wasn't all TT, right DT?

DenverBrit
04-12-2012, 03:56 PM

Read it again.

Lestat
04-12-2012, 04:03 PM
DT's problem as well as Decker's is drops. not saying they didn't have some "interesting" balls thrown at them but they have to make those catches and get that YAC.
can't be anymore wrong routes ran, easy catches dropped and plays not made.

i think both will do extremely well with Manning and i don't see the supposed issue with what DT said in the interview.

bombay
04-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Don't ever tell the truth about tebow, no matter what the interviewer asks you. Makes you a hater.

broncolife
04-12-2012, 04:24 PM

I wonder what Manning would do to DT if he dropped 3 balls in a game.

COBronc78
04-12-2012, 05:09 PM
DT on The Drive talking about his comments today

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/thedrive/Story.aspx?ID=1685784

He's been running routes with Calvin Johnson, A.J Green etc.
He'll be back in town on Saturday to work with Manning and the voluntary sessions on Monday.

Smiling Assassin27
04-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Someone's gotta remind this guy that he's a pro. I dont wanna say nothin' bad about Tebow but I'm gonna say something bad about Tebow. What a douche. Sack up, heal up, and shut up about tebow, dude. Not a tebow lover myself but DT got a chance to be a pro and he pi$$ed down his leg.

Cito Pelon
04-12-2012, 05:17 PM
I wonder what Manning would do to DT if he dropped 3 balls in a game.

I'm curious to see what kind of leader Peyton is with a young team. Will he be the manic in-your-face guy, or a relaxed leader,

chickennob2
04-12-2012, 05:29 PM

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and guess no, seeing as how Peyton's first 16 games would have wrapped up right around Demaryius's 11th birthday. So, yeah, you're right, Peyton had a bad season in 1998. We'd be in real trouble if our passing game were based on Peyton Manning throwing to Demaryius Thomas in 1998. 11 year-olds aren't very competitive at the NFL level.

But since a few years have passed since then, I'm sure Demaryius is not too worried about Peyton Manning's first 16 games. And I'm going to bet no one with an NFL job is either.

Heyneck
04-12-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm curious to see what kind of leader Peyton is with a young team. Will he be the manic in-your-face guy, or a relaxed leader,

He will get and put the ducks in line. He has no time to wait for this guys to keep screwing up.

DT was know for making great catches in College but also know for dropping the easiest of them all too on occasion. Something that has fallowed him here. It's just that it's easier for the people here to put the blame on Tebow (yeah... when the ball was hitting his hand or right in the numbers). Peyton will make DT work on his drops... or he will just not throw his way much.

Anyway... with Peyton I am more worried with DT not running precise routes. That's why 87 will probably catch way more passes than him this year. I think something similar will happen this year. DT will star to really produce after the second half of the season.

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and guess no, seeing as how Peyton's first 16 games would have wrapped up right around Demaryius's 11th birthday. So, yeah, you're right, Peyton had a bad season in 1998. We'd be in real trouble if our passing game were based on Peyton Manning throwing to Demaryius Thomas in 1998. 11 year-olds aren't very competitive at the NFL level.

But since a few years have passed since then, I'm sure Demaryius is not too worried about Peyton Manning's first 16 games. And I'm going to bet no with an NFL job is either.

Well at one point, SOMEONE had to worry about Peyton's first 16 games. Or Brees'. Or Rodgers' Or Eli's. Giants probably shouldda stuck with Kurt Warner instead though. Best chance to win and all.

bombay
04-12-2012, 06:02 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/classrankings?classyear=2012&classmonth=4&viewmore=yes&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fcol lege-sports%2fbasketball%2frecruiting%2fclassrankings%3 fclassyear%3d2012%26classmonth%3d4%26viewmore%3dye s

The Jets primary web site is smart. They've stuck all the teblowers in their own little sandbox so they don't annoy the humans.

errand
04-12-2012, 07:07 PM

Still butthurt huh?

errand
04-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Better take it up with DT.

DT already gave his opinion.....he's not sad Tim is gone, and he's glad we signed Manning....just like the majority of Bronco fans

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 07:20 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/classrankings?classyear=2012&classmonth=4&viewmore=yes&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fcol lege-sports%2fbasketball%2frecruiting%2fclassrankings%3 fclassyear%3d2012%26classmonth%3d4%26viewmore%3dye s

The Jets primary web site is smart. They've stuck all the teblowers in their own little sandbox so they don't annoy the humans.

Wonder if we'll have one for the Colts fans when PM retires in a blue and white #18 jersey.

DENVERDUI55
04-12-2012, 07:23 PM

That must mean that Timmy will be better than Peyton when it's all said and done. You can only get into the Teblow debates. When he is failed in a few years and being a franchise QB i'll bet you guys blame the Bronco's FO for ruining him.

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 07:31 PM
That must mean that Timmy will be better than Peyton when it's all said and done. You can only get into the Teblow debates. When he is failed in a few years and being a franchise QB i'll bet you guys blame the Bronco's FO for ruining him.

No, it just means some Broncos fans, and this FO, have ridiculous expectations for young QB's and will likely never develop a good one from the ground up.

As for the rest, we'll see. That's all that can be said at this point.

chickennob2
04-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Well at one point, SOMEONE had to worry about Peyton's first 16 games. Or Brees'. Or Rodgers' Or Eli's. Giants probably shouldda stuck with Kurt Warner instead though. Best chance to win and all.

So you're now equating playing Kurt Warner over Eli Manning with playing Peyton Manning over Tim Tebow? You really think that Peyton doesn't give the Broncos the best chance to win? Really?

chickennob2
04-12-2012, 07:39 PM
No, it just means some Broncos fans, and this FO, have ridiculous expectations for young QB's and will likely never develop a good one from the ground up.

As for the rest, we'll see. That's all that can be said at this point.

What ridiculous expectations do we have of young quarterbacks? "Be better than Peyton Manning" ? You're right, that would normally be a pretty ridiculous expectation. Except when Peyton Manning is actually an option. Which he was. So we picked the guy who gives us the best chance of fulfilling this front office's ridiculous expectations for this franchise: Win a championship. Period.

Go Broncos.

bombay
04-12-2012, 07:45 PM
If Manning never wins a game for the Broncos, he succeeded in getting tebow away from the Broncos. And that is worth everything. One way or another will have a real quarterback soon, and all of the idiots will be gone.

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 07:51 PM
What ridiculous expectations do we have of young quarterbacks? "Be better than Peyton Manning" ? You're right, that would normally be a pretty ridiculous expectation. Except when Peyton Manning is actually an option. Which he was. So we picked the guy who gives us the best chance of fulfilling this front office's ridiculous expectations for this franchise: Win a championship. Period.

Go Broncos.

Brett Favre gave the 2008 Packers a better chance. They chose youth rather than a couple more years from a Lombardi winner. The NY Giants chose youth rather than a couple more years from a Lombardi winner.

Both teams have won a Lombardi more recently than Peyton Manning.

strafen
04-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Brett Favre gave the 2008 Packers a better chance. They chose youth rather than a couple more years from a Lombardi winner. The NY Giants chose youth rather than a couple more years from a Lombardi winner.

It's time to let go man.
Seriously, if you're a bronco fan, you need to hop in the bus, otherwise why are you still mad at the F.O?
I liked Tebow as much as the next guy, but we still have something nice going on now with Manning.
With the draft coming up, I'm happy where we're at... :strong:

chickennob2
04-12-2012, 09:35 PM

Two NFL teams saw young players on their roster who they knew, from watching them play, they had to get on the field. Even at the cost of getting rid of a talented vet. Denver, on the other hand, the team that saw every second of Tim Tebow's professional life, in practice, in the film room, in the locker room, had a young player on their roster who they couldn't get rid of quickly enough.

I think I'm going to trust the guys who do this for a living.

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 09:38 PM
It's time to let go man.
Seriously, if you're a bronco fan, you need to hop in the bus, otherwise why are you still mad at the F.O?
I liked Tebow as much as the next guy, but we still have something nice going on now with Manning.
With the draft coming up, I'm happy where we're at... :strong:

I'll be defending Tebow as long as people feel the need to say stupid **** about him. He didn't earn anything less from Bronco fans.

I'm on board with hoping this experiment works. Because if it doesn't, we're still looking at a long stretch of being fans of the Denver Browns. Long after Manning hangs it up.

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Two NFL teams saw young players on their roster who they knew, from watching them play, they had to get on the field. Even at the cost of getting rid of a talented vet. Denver, on the other hand, the team that saw every second of Tim Tebow's professional life, in practice, in the film room, in the locker room, had a young player on their roster who they couldn't get rid of quickly enough.

I think I'm going to trust the guys who do this for a living.

And who thought Kyle Orton gave them the best chance to win. Hilarious!

chickennob2
04-12-2012, 09:48 PM

And when the stopgap proved he had regressed from last year, they played the kid. And guess what? He still wasn't what the wanted. He confirmed their prediction of "this guy can't do what we need to get from the quarterback position." He's a special kid. He makes a few special plays a game. But he showed no ability to consistently make even the easy plays. They combined that with the extensive work they had with him in meetings and in the film room, and they decided he wasn't the best guy to give this team a shot at a championship. And when one of the best quarterbacks of all time comes available... it's a no-brainer.

BroncoBeavis
04-12-2012, 10:02 PM
And when the stopgap proved he had regressed from last year, they played the kid. And guess what? He still wasn't what the wanted. He confirmed their prediction of "this guy can't do what we need to get from the quarterback position." He's a special kid. He makes a few special plays a game. But he showed no ability to consistently make even the easy plays. They combined that with the extensive work they had with him in meetings and in the film room, and they decided he wasn't the best guy to give this team a shot at a championship. And when one of the best quarterbacks of all time comes available... it's a no-brainer.

Well you're right about one thing. They made a decision. The fact that they made it doesn't prove it was the right decision. As I pointed out, they've made the wrong decision before. Now only time can tell.

Taco John
04-12-2012, 10:53 PM
I wonder why this was never mentioned in the injury reports...

DBroncos4life
04-12-2012, 10:57 PM
I wonder why this was never mentioned in the injury reports...

So fans didn't call him a broken bust.

lonestar
04-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Ya cause GT's offense was highly pass oriented. Didn't see him cryin there when they gave him only 3 routes to run.

Might have been the limit of his brain power at the time..

BroncoMan4ever
04-12-2012, 11:54 PM

the Tebow situation and the Rodgers/Manning situation is completely different. in the case of Rodgers and Manning their teams saw potential and possible big talent on the sidelines waiting for their shot. in the case of Tebow the team saw a good guy you want to root for, but don't see as the best option for the future.

the signing of Peyton wasn't just about looking towards winning now, it was also about setting the team up to find the future QB who they didn't believe they had. if the team looked at Tim and saw a guy like Rodgers or Eli waiting for his shot, they wouldn't have had interest in Peyton. by signging Peyton you get the 3 or 4 year window where you have an elite QB who gives you a shot to win a championship, while also giving you a few years to find and groom his eventual replacement.

that is what you aren't seeing in the Rodgers situation. he was drafted with the intent of taking over for Favre after being groomed for a few years and after a few seasons sitting on the bench, the team saw that he had learned everything he could and just needed the experience on the field. and with Favre in decline but with no evidence of wanting to end the career the team made a choice.

BroncoMan4ever
04-12-2012, 11:56 PM

a coach with an ego bigger than his brain

BroncoMan4ever
04-13-2012, 12:01 AM
I'll be defending Tebow as long as people feel the need to say stupid **** about him. He didn't earn anything less from Bronco fans.

I'm on board with hoping this experiment works. Because if it doesn't, we're still looking at a long stretch of being fans of the Denver Browns. Long after Manning hangs it up.

what stupid **** is said about Tim that can't be backed up by watching the games? abysmal passer, yep, saw that every time he chucked a ball at receivers feet, nowhere near his target or some wobbly duck. inability to read defenses. preference to tuck and run as opposed to going through progressions.

i liked Tim and enjoyed the late game heroics as much as any fan and love that he brought a playoff game and win back to Denver, but his play as a QB left a lot to be desired.

lonestar
04-13-2012, 12:07 AM
what stupid **** is said about Tim that can't be backed up by watching the games? abysmal passer, yep, saw that every time he chucked a ball at receivers feet, nowhere near his target or some wobbly duck. inability to read defenses. preference to tuck and run as opposed to going through progressions.

i liked Tim and enjoyed the late game heroics as much as any fan and love that he brought a playoff game and win back to Denver, but his play as a QB left a lot to be desired.

Considering that EVERYONE said when he was drafted he was a 3-4 year project, what are you bitching about..

He LEAD this team to victories sometimes it is more than just the tightness of a QB's pass.. but the leadership.

I for one was willing to give him more time before casting him aside..

I think he would have been a much better QB setting beside Manning in the film room and when Manning was not able to go any longer he would have been one hell of a option..

BroncoMan4ever
04-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Well you're right about one thing. They made a decision. The fact that they made it doesn't prove it was the right decision. As I pointed out, they've made the wrong decision before. Now only time can tell.

what wrong decision? EFX inherited a team with Orton, Quinn and Tebow as the QB options. Orton was the only one of the 3 with any true amount of game experience. Orton was on the trade lock and nearly traded only to have that fall through, and then completely outplay the other 2 on the roster. hell Quinn outplayed Tebow before the regular season. how is it the wrong decision to go with the player who has shown you the most leading up to the season? granted he didn't win, and was mediocre and not pleasing to fans, but he earned the job by outplaying his competition.

all of the Tebow fans want to bash the franchise and Elway for mistreating Tim, but forget, he was outplayed before the season. the one person in the whole mess who should be pissed and justified in being pissed is Brady Quinn. when Orton wasn't getting the job done, the team didn't go to the guy who earned the number 2 spot, they went to the fan favorite.

Taco John
04-13-2012, 12:12 AM
So fans didn't call him a broken bust.

If that was the plan (which, of course, it wasn't), it didn't work. There were a lot of questions about if he'd return to form early on. No word about a finger issue. It might have taken an amount of pressure off of Orton.

BroncoMan4ever
04-13-2012, 12:26 AM
Considering that EVERYONE said when he was drafted he was a 3-4 year project, what are you b****ing about..

He LEAD this team to victories sometimes it is more than just the tightness of a QB's pass.. but the leadership.

I for one was willing to give him more time before casting him aside..

I think he would have been a much better QB setting beside Manning in the film room and when Manning was not able to go any longer he would have been one hell of a option..

yes, 3-4 year project was what was said about Tim. now, don't most projects get better over time? Tim had 2 NFL offseasons and 2 whole years of "NFL QB style" instruction yet as a QB he regressed from year 1 to year 2.

so many Tebow fans bring up, it would have been great for Tim to sit and learn behind Manning for a few years. yet, none realize, he would not have been happy to do that. in Tim's mind he was a starting QB who won a playoff game, why should he have to ride the pine. nevermind the media circus that nobody associated with the Broncos wanted anymore. Manning just like almost all great players, isn't interested in teaching a young player, his business is doing what it takes to win now. Peyton doesn't give a **** about where the Broncos are in 5 years, he cares about this season. he may smile and say all the right things, but at the end of the day, he just wants another ring and is willing to do anything for that ring, he doesn't want to be professor Manning.

lonestar
04-13-2012, 02:41 AM
yes, 3-4 year project was what was said about Tim. now, don't most projects get better over time? Tim had 2 NFL offseasons and 2 whole years of "NFL QB style" instruction yet as a QB he regressed from year 1 to year 2.

so many Tebow fans bring up, it would have been great for Tim to sit and learn behind Manning for a few years. yet, none realize, he would not have been happy to do that. in Tim's mind he was a starting QB who won a playoff game, why should he have to ride the pine. nevermind the media circus that nobody associated with the Broncos wanted anymore. Manning just like almost all great players, isn't interested in teaching a young player, his business is doing what it takes to win now. Peyton doesn't give a **** about where the Broncos are in 5 years, he cares about this season. he may smile and say all the right things, but at the end of the day, he just wants another ring and is willing to do anything for that ring, he doesn't want to be professor Manning.

I must have missed those two nfl off seasons. Would that have been in 09 and 10.

Iirc there was a lock out in 11.

As far as regressing between rookie year and sophomore year.

Iirc they changed head coaches, a play book and he got zero reps with the big dawgs until the sixth game of the season.

Frankly not so sure what anyone could have expected from that scenario. Progression. I think not.

As for meaning wanting all the reps. That has been his case. In the past. NOW he knows he is limited at best and just might be bending past practices.

But we will never know. Maybe it was part of the deal with Elway. Unless manning takes the film home and the back up QB is not invited. There is no way in hell that you can convince me that Tebow would not have picked his brain and that Manning would not have been good with that. 5 years ago. Probably not but unless he is planning to play 6 more years he knows he need an exit strategy.

gunns
04-13-2012, 04:37 AM

They chose future QB's. We didn't have a future QB so we chose one that has a proven record until we get that "youth". Hopefully it comes in this draft just like the Pack and the Giants. The argument that keeps flowing about Tebows record being better than Mannings....or Elways first years cracks me up. Yeah that proves your argument. Neither were as erractic as Tebow. Like Thomas said I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn't for the defense most of the time there wouldn't be no supposed 'Tim Tebow Time.'"

gunns
04-13-2012, 04:44 AM

I don't think he or Decker ever knew exactly where or what that ball was going or going to do. And there you are with that insanely stupid argument.

alkemical
04-13-2012, 05:23 AM
I could see the Donks taking a QB in the 1st/2nd next year for sure.

TheReverend
04-13-2012, 05:39 AM
Oh Demaryius...

Demaryius Thomas, Broncos WR, had some scathing words for the departure of Tim Tebow:

"I ain't going to say I was sad (to see Tebow go) because the only thing they remember is that pass (the game-winning 80-yard touchdown throw against Pittsburgh in the playoffs). You gotta go back and look at the rest of the games. If it wasn't for the defense most of the time there wouldn't be no supposed ‘Tim Tebow Time.'"

Bronco Rob
04-13-2012, 05:50 AM
WR Thomas says some players resented Tebow attention

April 12, 2012 7:38 p.m. - by Andrew Mason

In an interview with WQXI-AM 790 in Atlanta, WR Demaryius Thomas said the attention placed on Tim Tebow rubbed some Broncos the wrong way. "Everything on ESPN was all about Tim. That bothered some players," Thomas said. "I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn't for the defense most of the time there wouldn't be any supposed 'Tim Tebow Time.'" Thomas added that Tebow was "not making the throws" to open receivers as often as was necessary.

Denver Broncos RapidReports | All National Football League RapidReports

Broncos | Demaryius Thomas will not miss Tim Tebow

Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:47:57 -0700

Denver Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas does not sound upset over the departure of former QB Tim Tebow. Thomas felt Tebow was often unable to find him in the passing game, even though Tebow threw him that famous slant pass in overtime of the Wild Card playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers last season. "I ain't going to say I was sad because the only thing they remember is that pass," Thomas said. "You gotta go back and look at the rest of the games. I wasn't getting no balls and you had to make some of these plays where some players were open and he is not making the throws. But I don't want to talk bad about Tim, but hey I am happy we got Peyton."

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: NFL.com

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/15/nfl/denver-broncos#ixzz1rvNHFgfh

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/18507600

TheReverend
04-13-2012, 06:00 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jLGePfeygJs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(FF to 2:35)

Classy Demaryius. Classy. Who wasn't making the throws again?

barryr
04-13-2012, 06:02 AM
Thomas needs to shut up and play, and try to stay healthy for a change and not drop so many balls. That might help him get more attention and not worry some other player on the team is getting it instead.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 06:12 AM
Thomas is going to ball this season. I wouldn't be shocked to see him set new Broncos records for TDs and yards.

TheReverend
04-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Thomas is going to ball this season. I wouldn't be shocked to see him set new Broncos records for TDs and yards.

I sure as hell would.

Rod holds that with 1602. Demaryius has to learn to catch with consistency before he's sniffing that kind of number.

Hell, he has to beat 1317 to just crack the top 5.

The record for receiving TDs is 14 (but in only 14 games) and more attainable though.

Play2win
04-13-2012, 06:35 AM
the Tebow situation and the Rodgers/Manning situation is completely different. in the case of Rodgers and Manning their teams saw potential and possible big talent on the sidelines waiting for their shot. in the case of Tebow the team saw a good guy you want to root for, but don't see as the best option for the future.

Its a simple case of skilled vs. non-skilled.

g6matty
04-13-2012, 07:00 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jLGePfeygJs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i forgot why marion barber retired thanks for reminding me!

boppool
04-13-2012, 07:01 AM
What's with these WRs running mouths all the time? To me, they may have the simplest job; to catch the ball. But they sure are drama queens, always running their mouths off...

alkemical
04-13-2012, 07:01 AM
If you ran your mouth like you ran your routes....

*this post is in no way taking any side in the Tebow debate.

BroncoBeavis
04-13-2012, 07:11 AM
They chose future QB's. We didn't have a future QB so we chose one that has a proven record until we get that "youth". Hopefully it comes in this draft just like the Pack and the Giants. The argument that keeps flowing about Tebows record being better than Mannings....or Elways first years cracks me up. Yeah that proves your argument. Neither were as erractic as Tebow. Like Thomas said I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn't for the defense most of the time there wouldn't be no supposed 'Tim Tebow Time.'"

I didn't even talk about Manning's 3-13 start. I'm talking about his QB rating. 71.2 through 16 games. Tim currently sits at 75. Guessing Eli's was well below 70. It was 55 through his first 8 games or so. I suppose you'll tell me that had nothing to do with erratic play, though.

BroncoBeavis
04-13-2012, 07:22 AM
I sure as hell would.

Rod holds that with 1602. Demaryius has to learn to catch with consistency before he's sniffing that kind of number.

Hell, he has to beat 1317 to just crack the top 5.

The record for receiving TDs is 14 (but in only 14 games) and more attainable though.

We'll have to see how he does when covered, also. From what I've been told, teams never bothered to cover receivers back when Tim was quarterback. :)

bronco militia
04-13-2012, 07:26 AM

LOL....no doubt

I would bet money that he gets injured again.

ColoradoDarin
04-13-2012, 07:29 AM

QFT.

I've seen too many drops from DT. He can make plays, but outside of 3 games, he hasn't done squat.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 07:33 AM

My god man only one WR had better stats over the last month then Thomas
He is healthy and should see his targets damn near double. Lloyd, Thomas and to a lesser degree Decker have not so great opinions of Tebows passes.

McDman
04-13-2012, 07:34 AM
here is an interesting stat...

DT was targeted 81 times, had 42 receptions, and 6 drops.

Hamrob
04-13-2012, 07:35 AM
If you listen to the radio replay of what Thomas said....it doesn't sound as bad as it looks in print. It was sort of like he was thinking out loud...saying there was good and bad.

Any WR is going to be critical of Tebow. If you play with Tebow, your stats are probably going to be less than if you play with a conventional style QB. Yes, it's a team game, but every player wants to highlight their skills...that's how they make their money...and with Tim, as a WR...you don't get much of a chance to do that. At least not at this stage of his game.

v2micca
04-13-2012, 07:43 AM
We'll have to see how he does when covered, also. From what I've been told, teams never bothered to cover receivers back when Tim was quarterback. :)

Lame. The only question here is whether or not Peyton is healthy enough to return to form. If he is, I don't believe that any reasonable person doesn't expect our receiving corps stats to significantly improve this year.

Pick Six
04-13-2012, 07:44 AM
What part of Thomas' statement is wrong? I like that the kid had the cajones to say what I was thinking...

bronco militia
04-13-2012, 07:46 AM
What part of Thomas' statement is wrong? I like that the kid had the cajones to say what I was thinking...

Because Thomas never makes these comments if Tebow is still on the roster

Play2win
04-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Bottom line is that we know nothing about our receivers. This upcoming year will be the first time they have actually had a real QB to play with, and, oh, what a QB that will be. I can't wait to see how this offense develops over the course of the season. Its going to be a fun ride.

Pony Boy
04-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Oh Demaryius...

Demaryius Thomas, Broncos WR, had some scathing words for the departure of Tim Tebow:

"I ain't going to say I was sad (to see Tebow go) because the only thing they remember is that pass (the game-winning 80-yard touchdown throw against Pittsburgh in the playoffs). You gotta go back and look at the rest of the games. If it wasn't for the defense most of the time there wouldn't be no supposed ‘Tim Tebow Time.'"

I can see the hand writing on the wall, Demaryius will be a major headache when it comes time to redo his contract. He already thinks he's "all-world".

Kaylore
04-13-2012, 08:22 AM
LOL Demaryius just pissed off half the world. That dude puts his foot in his mouth quite a bit. Whether it's bad-mouthing Dez Bryant, blind-siding Harvey Steinberg during court or pissing off a fan base of one of the most famous athletes in America.

I will say this, I am not even a little surprised and wouldn't be shocked if the entire receiving corps wasn't real jazzed about the offense under Tebow. That doesn't excuse what DT did, but I get where he's coming from.

TheReverend
04-13-2012, 08:33 AM
I will say this, I am not even a little surprised and wouldn't be shocked if the entire receiving corps wasn't real jazzed about the offense under Tebow. That doesn't excuse what DT did, but I get where he's coming from.

I think everyone understands this. Hell, on the flip side of that coin, I would get where Tim was coming from if he spouted off with "Maybe we'd throw more if they could catch the ball", but I'd be pissed if he said it. But he wouldn't because he's not a ****ing idiot.

That's the part that bothers me... that Demaryius seems to be a ****ing idiot.

BroncoBeavis
04-13-2012, 08:34 AM
LOL Demaryius just pissed off half the world. That dude puts his foot in his mouth quite a bit. Whether it's bad-mouthing Dez Bryant, blind-siding Harvey Steinberg during court or pissing off a fan base of one of the most famous athletes in America.

Most people understand that receivers will have more fun playing for a HOF'er than a kid struggling through his first season's worth of games. If he'd said something to that effect and left it at that, there'd be nothing to this. It's the talking about not getting his ball quota and talking about locker room resentment... dumb dumb dumb.

I'm sure Tebow would've liked to get a lot more shots per game than he was getting. Maybe throw on first down every now and again. I guarantee he was frustrated with the handcuffs. But you won't hear him crying about it in a media interview.

v2micca
04-13-2012, 08:44 AM
You know, maybe this isn't he smartest thing that Thomas could have said. But, at least he is not broadcasting a full blown meltdown to the world via Twitter right now. I say we keep the kid around a little longer and see if we can get any use out of him.

Heyneck
04-13-2012, 09:03 AM

hahahahaha.... Decker is to one that is going to excel in this offense in the short run. Thomas is a weak route runner... that just doesn't mesh with Peyton.
I think he will bust out after the second half of the season, but he will have his growing pains with Peyton early on. And if he starts dropping balls... well... that's just another story.

But I agree with you... I see Thomas with that crazy talent and possibility. I just think it will come together for him and Peyton next season.

broncofan4life
04-13-2012, 09:06 AM
finally! somebody speaks the truth i sat in the second level end zone and there were countless times there were players wide open now we have a hall of fame QB cant wait.

Heyneck
04-13-2012, 09:07 AM

Exactly. Decker handed the transition with class... and still showed support for his former teammate. DT on the other hand... with all the stupidly easy drops he had should just shut up and move on. Tim never said anything about anyone's drops. And like someone said on this thread. DT is not a Diva... but he is transitioning towards that.

Heyneck
04-13-2012, 09:09 AM
I think everyone understands this. Hell, on the flip side of that coin, I would get where Tim was coming from if he spouted off with "Maybe we'd throw more if they could catch the ball", but I'd be pissed if he said it. But he wouldn't because he's not a ****ing idiot.

Well, when you actually hear him speak... you get that impression.

Heyneck
04-13-2012, 09:12 AM
I can see the hand writing on the wall, Demaryius will be a major headache when it comes time to redo his contract. He already thinks he's "all-world".

Just wait until all they talk about is Peyton.

peacepipe
04-13-2012, 09:20 AM
most WRs are divas,but to assume/imply that DT is another version of a brandon marshall or a TO is a reach.

Gcver2ver3
04-13-2012, 09:21 AM
extremely disappointing comments...

i'm not saying some decent points werent made...

but those are some classless remarks...

i heard somewhere that over the last month or so of the season Thomas put numbers equal to Meagatron's...obviously Tebow was the one delivering him the ball during that span...

he complains about how Tebow didnt get him the ball against the steelers, and in that very game he had over 200yds receiving...

we know that Tebow isn't very polished or accurate, yeah i'm sure he missed DT and co countless times in games, but he did the best he could and the team enjoyed playoff success...

just speak well of the guy in the media, or say nothing at all...

sad...

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Just wait until all they talk about is Peyton.

You acts like Harrison or Wayne never got talked about with Manning under center. I would say that as high as 75% of all WRs only care about their stats. When they get the stats they are happy, when they don't they grumble.
I get chuckles when people call a WRa diva lol.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 09:23 AM
most WRs are divas,but to assume/imply that DT is another version of a brandon marshall or a TO is a reach.

This^

crush17
04-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Lol @ anyone who is even remotely upset about these comments. Not. A. Big. Deal. At. All.

Heyneck
04-13-2012, 09:39 AM
You acts like Harrison or Wayne never got talked about with Manning under center. I would say that as high as 75% of all WRs only care about their stats. When they get the stats they are happy, when they don't they grumble.
I get chuckles when people call a WRa diva lol.

Sorry... but WR tend to be the Divas in the NFL. That's just the way it is. Swagger ain't bad... just act like a pro. But I get your point. All I am saying is that he is complaining about Tim getting all the attention... well that's about to happen with Peyton.

He just shouldn't complain. Decker started strong and lost his targets and ball because Tim couldn't find him, he couldn't get open and because Tim was locked on DT. DT's last month was on par with Megatron... the same month Decker was invisible. He also had 200+ yards and the game winning catch against the Steeler... still you see Decker handle it with class (when he was the most affected in the passing game) and DT moan about.

I love DT... but if you think DT is not walking down a treacherous path... then you must be one of those "enabler" individuals out there.

Right after the season ended, when asked about his expectation for the next, he said something like: "I am the alpha dog and I expect many balls thrown my way next year". It raised my eyebrows a bit because I have never thought swagger to be a bad thing. But when you do it when there is no need to do it... well that's just being a douche.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Sorry... but WR tend to be the Divas in the NFL. That's just the way it is. Swagger ain't bad... just act like a pro. But I get your point. All I am saying is that he is complaining about Tim getting all the attention... well that's about to happen with Peyton.

He just shouldn't complain. Decker started strong and lost his targets and ball because Tim couldn't find him, he couldn't get open and because Tim was locked on DT. DT's last month was on par with Megatron... the same month Decker was invisible. He also had 200+ yards and the game winning catch against the Steeler... still you see Decker handle it with class (when he was the most affected in the passing game) and DT moan about.

I love DT... but if you think DT is not walking down a treacherous path... then you must be one of those "enabler" individuals out there.

Right after the season ended, when asked about his expectation for the next, he said something like: "I am the alpha dog and I expect many balls thrown my way next year". It raised my eyebrows a bit because I have never thought swagger to be a bad thing. But when you do it when there is no need to do it... well that's just being a douche.
I know they are all divas! That is the point posters act shocked and I think that's funny. As for everything else, I see both Decker and Thomas being very productive and I expect at least one of them to go to the pro bowl with Manning. Thomas has every right to WANT to be the Alpha dog. He needs to earn it tho.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 09:58 AM

I might add this is a great post!

CEH
04-13-2012, 10:00 AM
I predict it will not end well for Tim in NY.
In NY, the disfunctional JETS will be spouting the same things about Tim because of the media size and the type of players Rex Ryan has on the JETS

I sorta feel sorry for Tim but he has this circus that follows him

Now it will be maginified 100x

crush17
04-13-2012, 10:04 AM
I predict it will not end well for Tim in NY.
In NY, the disfunctional JETS will be spouting the same things about Tim because of the media size and the type of players Rex Ryan has on the JETS

I sorta feel sorry for Tim but he has this circus that follows him

Now it will be maginified 100x

TIM TEBOW CHOSE NEW YORK.

Heyneck
04-13-2012, 10:07 AM
I know they are all divas! That is the point posters act shocked and I think that's funny. As for everything else, I see both Decker and Thomas being very productive and I expect at least one of them to go to the pro bowl with Manning. Thomas has every right to WANT to be the Alpha dog. He needs to earn it tho.

Exactly... that's the point. Stay humble, work hard and good things will happen to him.

RunSilentRunDeep
04-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Thomas wasn't getting any balls?

Tebow targeted Thomas more than any other Bronco in each of the final seven games, which included the Broncos’ two postseason outings. During that run, Thomas snared 35 balls for 745 yards and 4 TDs as Tebow looked his way 65 times.

If you extrapolate those numbers for a full 16-game schedule, Thomas would have led the NFL in receiving yards (1,703) and yards per catch (21.3), while finishing tied for sixth in TD receptions (9) and targets (149).

But the meager 80 receptions would’ve only earned him four-way share of 12th with fellow highly-ignored players Larry Fitzgerald, Tony Gonzalez and Marques Colston.

Of course, Thomas’s projections would be better if he didn’t drop a pass for every 5.3 he caught. That’s among the worst catch-to-drop ratios in the league.

Regardless, Thomas can rest easy knowing Manning probably won’t get much attention next season.

Heyneck
04-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Thomas wasn't getting any balls?

Tebow targeted Thomas more than any other Bronco in each of the final seven games, which included the Broncos’ two postseason outings. During that run, Thomas snared 35 balls for 745 yards and 4 TDs as Tebow looked his way 65 times.

If you extrapolate those numbers for a full 16-game schedule, Thomas would have led the NFL in receiving yards (1,703) and yards per catch (21.3), while finishing tied for sixth in TD receptions (9) and targets (149).

But the meager 80 receptions would’ve only earned him four-way share of 12th with fellow highly-ignored players Larry Fitzgerald, Tony Gonzalez and Marques Colston.

Of course, Thomas’s projections would be better if he didn’t drop a pass for every 5.3 he caught. That’s among the worst catch-to-drop ratios in the league.

Regardless, Thomas can rest easy knowing Manning probably won’t get much attention next season.

^ Word!!!

CEH
04-13-2012, 10:29 AM
TIM TEBOW CHOSE NEW YORK.

So what doesn't change my premise plus NY is a bigger vechicle to spread his word.

crush17
04-13-2012, 10:35 AM
So what doesn't change my premise plus NY is a bigger vechicle to spread his word.

The premise of your post is that you feel sorry for tim tebow.

CEH
04-13-2012, 10:47 AM
The premise of your post is that you feel sorry for tim tebow.

No that's the conclusion. The premise is the media and the crappy players on the JETs will not wait until Tim leaves town to say these things

RaiderH8r
04-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Yet another episode in "Thougths from the Trainer's Bench with Demarius Thomas". Next week on Thoughts from the Trainer's Bench, Demarius discusses how to treat those nagging hemmorroids that crop up from sitting on your ass on the trainer's bench. Stay tuned for the second half of the show when Knowshon Moreno stops by the studio to discuss the importance of staying down after an injury. All coming up on Thoughts from the Trainer's Bench with Demarius Thomas.

gyldenlove
04-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Yet another episode in "Thougths from the Trainer's Bench with Demarius Thomas". Next week on Thoughts from the Trainer's Bench, Demarius discusses how to treat those nagging hemmorroids that crop up from sitting on your ass on the trainer's bench. Stay tuned for the second half of the show when Knowshon Moreno stops by the studio to discuss the importance of staying down after an injury. All coming up on Thoughts from the Trainer's Bench with Demarius Thomas.

Will Moreno be covering the dangers of improper dismounting of stationary exercise equipment?

RaiderH8r
04-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Will Moreno be covering the dangers of improper dismounting of stationary exercise equipment?

Indeed.

DT has an expose' piece titled, "Unconventional Wisdom: How to Make the Club From the Tub"

Heyneck
04-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Indeed.

DT has an expose' piece titled, "Unconventional Wisdom: How to Make the Club From the Tub"

Hilarious!

lonestar
04-13-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't think he or Decker ever knew exactly where or what that ball was going or going to do. And there you are with that insanely stupid argument.

YET the guy that in college caught 87% of the passes that came his way.. dropped many that hit him in the HANDS this past year..

Perhaps Decker did not know where the ball would be BUT he had his hands on them..

In most circles that is called lack of concentration..

If he does that crap with Manning he will be benched by Manning himself..

lonestar
04-13-2012, 11:30 AM
WR Thomas says some players resented Tebow attention

April 12, 2012 7:38 p.m. - by Andrew Mason

In an interview with WQXI-AM 790 in Atlanta, WR Demaryius Thomas said the attention placed on Tim Tebow rubbed some Broncos the wrong way. "Everything on ESPN was all about Tim. That bothered some players," Thomas said. "I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn't for the defense most of the time there wouldn't be any supposed 'Tim Tebow Time.'" Thomas added that Tebow was "not making the throws" to open receivers as often as was necessary.

Denver Broncos RapidReports | All National Football League RapidReports

Broncos | Demaryius Thomas will not miss Tim Tebow

Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:47:57 -0700

Denver Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas does not sound upset over the departure of former QB Tim Tebow. Thomas felt Tebow was often unable to find him in the passing game, even though Tebow threw him that famous slant pass in overtime of the Wild Card playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers last season. "I ain't going to say I was sad because the only thing they remember is that pass," Thomas said. "You gotta go back and look at the rest of the games. I wasn't getting no balls and you had to make some of these plays where some players were open and he is not making the throws. But I don't want to talk bad about Tim, but hey I am happy we got Peyton."

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: NFL.com

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/15/nfl/denver-broncos#ixzz1rvNHFgfh

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/18507600

Yet the whole team played better when he was the starter..

IF they though Tebow got alot of attention wait till Manning is mobbed in teh locker room by ESPN reporters.. Wonder what they will think then..

RaiderH8r
04-13-2012, 11:32 AM
YET the guy that in college caught 87% of the passes that came his way.. dropped many that hit him in the HANDS this past year..

Perhaps Decker did not know where the ball would be BUT he had his hands on them..

Didn't you hear? The spin on the ball coming out of a lefty's hand makes it harder to catch than AIDS at a convent. Our WR should be in the HOF for managing to be in the presence of a ball with lefty spin. It's a miracle nobody was killed.

lonestar
04-13-2012, 11:42 AM

good find.

sometimes we forget the good things that happen with all the negativity spouted by the haters..

Tebow gave that moron redemption after he dropped a TD ball... how soon he forgot..

gunns
04-13-2012, 11:43 AM
I didn't even talk about Manning's 3-13 start. I'm talking about his QB rating. 71.2 through 16 games. Tim currently sits at 75. Guessing Eli's was well below 70. It was 55 through his first 8 games or so. I suppose you'll tell me that had nothing to do with erratic play, though.

Well dummy me for putting "record". I should have put stats, ratings, records, etc. In the end I still meant the same thing about all of it.

bronco militia
04-13-2012, 11:47 AM

LOL LOL LOL

CEH
04-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Didn't a WR in Florida say the same thing after Tebow left.
"Now we have a real QB" or something to that effect

Nothing new here. WRs is the most dependent position on the team. Dependent on the QB.

DT should not have come out publicly but privately doesn't suprise me.

lonestar
04-13-2012, 11:53 AM

I have wondered on more than one occasion that how much of the running part of the O was because FOx wanted to run the ball or that Tebow could not throw it..

In the last part of the bears game he was over 75% in completions once they had to throw the ball, once he got into rhythm..

One has to wonder had they thrown the ball more at other times during games if he would have had better stats..

peacepipe
04-13-2012, 11:55 AM
I have wondered on more than one occasion that how much of the running part of the O was because FOx wanted to run the ball or that Tebow could not throw it..

In the last part of the bears game he was over 75% in completions once they had to throw the ball, once he got into rhythm..One has to wonder had they thrown the ball more at other times during games if he would have had better stats..

his Passing stats always looked better towards the end of games when the team leading was playing a prevent defense. tebow was able to better read the defenses in those situations.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 12:04 PM

I'm sure you have a better idea about what Tebow passes like then Thomas.

Heyneck
04-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Didn't a WR in Florida say the same thing after Tebow left.
"Now we have a real QB" or something to that effect

Nothing new here. WRs is the most dependent position on the team. Dependent on the QB.

DT should not have come out publicly but privately doesn't suprise me.

Yeah... and how did their "real QB" do after Tebow left?

gunns
04-13-2012, 12:06 PM

In college it wasn't Tebow throwing to him.

IMO Decker often had to wait so long he had to adjust his route after the ball was thrown. And yeah, Wes Welker missed that ball that hit him in the hands. It didn't happen as often as some of you make it out. Of course if DT and Decker weren't blamed guess who you'd have to blame. Heaven forbid!

I think at the end of this season Manning will be very pleased with Decker and DT. And they with Manning.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Yeah... and how did their "real QB" do after Tebow left?

McGruder said that "REAL" QB was better then Cam Newton lol.

gunns
04-13-2012, 12:08 PM
his Passing stats always looked better towards the end of games when the team leading was playing a prevent defense. tebow was able to better read the defenses in those situations.

I think we may all be bewildered when we score in the 1st quarter.

TheReverend
04-13-2012, 12:10 PM

...he said Brantley was better than Cam?

bendog
04-13-2012, 12:11 PM
I think we may all be bewildered when we score in the 1st quarter.

yeah, but that's only because EFX won't be jealous of Peyton and try and hold him back.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 12:11 PM
...he said Brantley was better than Cam?

Yes he did.

lonestar
04-13-2012, 12:19 PM
In college it wasn't Tebow throwing to him.

IMO Decker often had to wait so long he had to adjust his route after the ball was thrown. And yeah, Wes Welker missed that ball that hit him in the hands. It didn't happen as often as some of you make it out. Of course if DT and Decker weren't blamed guess who you'd have to blame. Heaven forbid!

I think at the end of this season Manning will be very pleased with Decker and DT. And they with Manning.

but someone does not forget how to catch a ball if they are concentrating on it..

I'm of the opine that if a pass hits a receivers hands it should be caught..

Now we can argue all day about the balls in the dirt or over their heads by 10 yards.. SInce we were not in the film room during the grading none of us will ever know if the passes were thrown intentionally where they were, if the WR flat ran te wrong route or if the ball just got away from him. OR if maybe it was a combination of all of the above..

Now for college commentary IIRC I read some where that Tebow had a low seventies completion record.. I never verified it as it did not seem to be a big deal, If I was his HC and we could win all the games they did I doubt that I would have thrown the ball much..I suspect that the recruits coming in knew they were not a passing team.. SO sounds like sour grapes to me..

but when the WR drops one it is his fault no one elses.. that is what they get paid to do.. ..

I'm hoping that they will make Manning's grade because if they do not then they are out of here and we are starting over..

BroncoBeavis
04-13-2012, 12:20 PM

Or it might be because the field was finally spread 3 or 4 wide and he was throwing out of shotgun which was what he was used to.

TheReverend
04-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Yes he did.

lol

lonestar
04-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Or it might be because the field was finally spread 3 or 4 wide and he was throwing out of shotgun which was what he was used to.

Amazing concept allowing a guy to do what he does best.. I suspect that he would have become a damned good QB given time and coaching.. It is nto liked he pissed and moaned about being coached like cutlet did..

Shananahan
04-13-2012, 12:25 PM

Yep. The team should be giving out handbooks to every player from last season titled, 'How to Talk About Tebow: An Introduction to the Media'.

Basically if anybody had a brain the automatic response to any of these questions would either be a) "He's a great player and I enjoyed playing with him yadda yadda but Manning is here now so yadda yadda" or b) "Do you think I'm retarded enough to answer that?"

DBroncos4life
lol

He said the reason Cam left is because he couldn't beat out either he or Tim so he left. The grades and the computer theft had nothing to do with it.:egbgb:

bendog
Amazing concept allowing a guy to do what he does best.. I suspect that he would have become a damned good QB given time and coaching.. It is nto liked he pissed and moaned about being coached like cutlet did..

He's clearly worth a first pick.

Heyneck
04-13-2012, 12:28 PM

Who Brantley??? hahahah that's just McGruder being Mcgruder!!!

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Who Brantley??? hahahah that's just McGruder being Mcgruder!!!

Yes. The best was when he claimed that the only reason why Cam won the heisman is because he was the weakest link on that team so teams made him try and beat them.

BroncoBeavis
04-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Yes. The best was when he claimed that the only reason why Cam won the heisman is because he was the weakest link on that team so teams mad him try and beat them.

Ahhh... Otherwise Known as the Mike Tomlin strategy. Who knew it was so common in the college game? :)

Heyneck
04-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Yes. The best was when he claimed that the only reason why Cam won the heisman is because he was the weakest link on that team so teams made him try and beat them.

Well I still don't think highly of Cam... but he is talented. That's just crazy talk!

bronco militia
04-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Demaryius Thomas: No hard feelings for Tim Tebow

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 13, 2012, 2:13 PM EDT

APBroncos receiver Demaryius Thomas caused a stir when he said he wasn’t sad to see Tim Tebow leave Denver. Now Thomas has attempted to revise and extend those remarks.

“It wasn’t no hard feelings or nothing against Tim,” Thomas said on KKFN in Denver, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “He’s a great player. If we had him, I’d love to have him. If we had him still, there wouldn’t be no problem me playing with him. It’s just that we’ve got another quarterback now. I really don’t talk about much about Tim no more, since he’s not here with us.”

Thomas isn’t apologizing for his complaints that Tebow didn’t get him the ball often enough, that Tebow missed throws or that Tebow misread defenses. And he isn’t hiding the fact that he’s excited about playing with Peyton Manning. What Thomas is saying, however, is that he likes Tebow and wishes him well. And that’s all he’s saying.

“I’m not even gonna talk about it,” Thomas said. “He’s with the New York Jets, I’m proud for him. I’ve got a new quarterback, and me now, it’s all about the Denver Broncos.”

Thomas has learned a valuable lesson in all this, however: Don’t mess with Tebowmania.

“I was just answering the questions, you know?” Thomas said. “But ever since the interview, it’s just been — I’ve been getting badmouthed left and right.”

And with that, Thomas says he’s done talking about Tebow

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Well I still don't think highly of Cam... but he is talented. That's just crazy talk!

I don't get how people can love Tim and hate Cam. Both are the same type of player in my mind.

Shananahan
04-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Thomas dropped the prepared script for his statement, which was tossed to him by his agent as he walked toward the podium, and the interview was delayed for several minutes while he rearranged the pages into their correct order.
This guy can't catch a break.

Heyneck
04-13-2012, 01:06 PM
I don't get how people can love Tim and hate Cam. Both are the same type of player in my mind.

It has to do more with the off field stuff and the way they lead their Team. I for one love the never quit attitude and humbleness of Tim. Cam is a great athlete... but he is not what I would call a leader. You lead by example... not by right. His comments last year about him being a lion or something like that baffle me. But yeah... they were tailored made for the type of offense they run.

bendog
04-13-2012, 01:09 PM

That was deviously evil. I like it.

RaiderH8r
04-13-2012, 01:10 PM

Dropsies? DT's got a whole case of'em.

bendog
04-13-2012, 01:10 PM
If Tim could read cover two as well as Cam, we'd have gotten more than a stinking four for him.

TheReverend
04-13-2012, 01:12 PM

Obviously his agent threw it leftie.

RaiderH8r
04-13-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm sure you have a better idea about what Tebow passes like then Thomas.

Probably not but I damn sure guarantee you I know more about talking to the media than DT. Christ, the cornerstone of his statement about Tebow was the disproportionate amount of media coverage the guy gets...and DT's saying this...TO THE MEDIA who are reeling in this big dummy into ginning up their audience based on the pub they'll get from DT's dumb ass comment. They tried to get Champ to say something like this during the Nike unveil in NY. You remember the controversy surrounding Champ's comments? No, you don't. DT needs to focus on playing 16 games, running routes, and catching the damn ball or, as your daddy used to say, taking care of himself and minding his own damn business.

razorwire77
04-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Demaryius Thomas: No hard feelings for Tim T
Thomas isn’t apologizing for his complaints that Tebow didn’t get him the ball often enough, that Tebow missed throws or that Tebow misread defenses. And he isn’t hiding the fact that he’s excited about playing with Peyton Manning. What Thomas is saying, however, is that he likes Tebow and wishes him well. And that’s all he’s saying.

How dare he not apologize for stating the obvious and for being excited to play for an all-timer. I'm deeply fake offended that he isn't super/duper/cereal sad all the time now that Timmy is gone. How dare he wish Timmy well!

broncocalijohn
04-13-2012, 01:19 PM

because to aliens like MacGruder, Cam takes away Tim's spotlight when cam proves he is a better player. They want Tim all by himself on that platform.

crush17
04-13-2012, 01:46 PM
yeah, but that's only because EFX won't be jealous of Peyton and try and hold him back.

You cannot possibly be serious.

bronco militia
04-13-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm deeply fake offended that he isn't super/duper/cereal sad all the time now that Timmy is gone. How dare he wish Timmy well!

:~ohyah!:

KO5K
04-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Can't quite wrap my ahead around Bronco players complaining about Tebow getting all the credit.

No one gave a **** about Thomas before Tebow, he was just some another one of McDaniels' bust picks.

Same with Matt Prater, if you asked an Eagles fan who the Broncos kicker was a year ago, he wouldn't have a clue. But you can bet your ass he knows who he is now.

No one gave a **** about the Broncos before Tebow, they were the worst team in the NFL, but now everyone knows who they are.

Because of Tebow.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Probably not but I damn sure guarantee you I know more about talking to the media than DT. Christ, the cornerstone of his statement about Tebow was the disproportionate amount of media coverage the guy gets...and DT's saying this...TO THE MEDIA who are reeling in this big dummy into ginning up their audience based on the pub they'll get from DT's dumb ass comment. They tried to get Champ to say something like this during the Nike unveil in NY. You remember the controversy surrounding Champ's comments? No, you don't. DT needs to focus on playing 16 games, running routes, and catching the damn ball or, as your daddy used to say, taking care of himself and minding his own damn business.

I don't care if what he said is dumb or not. Judging by what he said, Lloyd refusing to play with Tebow and to a lesser degree Decker you should see the reason Elway wanted to make the change.

Play2win
04-13-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't care if what he said is dumb or not. Judging by what he said, Lloyd refusing to play with Tebow and to a lesser degree Decker you should see the reason Elway wanted to make the change.

Can you imagine if we had DT, Manning, and Lloyd...

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Can you imagine if we had DT, Manning, and Lloyd...

It sucks that Brady has him now.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Can't quite wrap my ahead around Bronco players complaining about Tebow getting all the credit.

No one gave a **** about Thomas before Tebow, he was just some another one of McDaniels' bust picks.

Same with Matt Prater, if you asked an Eagles fan who the Broncos kicker was a year ago, he wouldn't have a clue. But you can bet your ass he knows who he is now.

No one gave a **** about the Broncos before Tebow, they were the worst team in the NFL, but now everyone knows who they are.

Because of Tebow.
Join date says it all.

KO5K
04-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Join date says it all.

Explain how what I said was wrong...

baja
04-13-2012, 04:34 PM
There ought to be a mandatory course for young player entitled "When to keep my trap shut 101"

Shananahan
04-13-2012, 04:40 PM
How many people here really care about what Thomas said, though? I mean really care. I sure don't. Just because ESPN routinely rides these things out from every angle until they're ten-feet underground obviously doesn't make it important or noteworthy.

Guy's an idiot for subjecting himself to the Tebow whirlwind, but I couldn't care less now that Tebow's on another team.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Explain how what I said was wrong...

Lets see lots of "Broncos" fans cared about Thomas and didn't call him a bust after one season

I can ask lots of fans who our kicker is and they still wouldn't know. FYI Prater was 7th in scoring in 2009 and hasn't cracked the top 30 in scoring in back to back years. I wonder what changed lol!

As for Denver being the worst team in the NFL, **** you dude. Nothing else needed to say to that.

BroncoBen
04-13-2012, 05:29 PM
How many people here really care about what Thomas said, though? I mean really care. I sure don't. Just because ESPN routinely rides these things out from every angle until they're ten-feet underground obviously doesn't make it important or noteworthy.

Guy's an idiot for subjecting himself to the Tebow whirlwind, but I couldn't care less now that Tebow's on another team.

For me Thomas's comments are not news.. what he said was truthful, move on.

CEH
04-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Lets see lots of "Broncos" fans cared about Thomas and didn't call him a bust after one season

I can ask lots of fans who our kicker is and they still wouldn't know. FYI Prater was 7th in scoring in 2009 and hasn't cracked the top 30 in scoring in back to back years. I wonder what changed lol!

As for Denver being the worst team in the NFL, **** you dude. Nothing else needed to say to that.

He flashed in the SEA game like only a few rookies have in Denver. Then Josh put him back to return kicks and get was knocked out

CEH
04-13-2012, 05:51 PM
There ought to be a mandatory course for young player entitled "When to keep my trap shut 101"

MAybe Tebow needs to take that course as well. Good Morning America please only Tebow is a robot and says nothing

I'm sure Manning was delugded with interview requests but he decided to hunker down at Dove Valley and study his craft

DENVERDUI55
04-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Good for Thomas. Call it like it is and be truthful. I think plenty of us were saying same thing.

MVP-06
04-13-2012, 06:42 PM
This is why I hate receivers. He has played half a season pretty much in his career and all of a sudden he has the right to comment on his last qb who helped him get on the map. Shut up and play DT. You wouldn't be on espn/ nfln if it wasn't for Tebow.

lonestar
04-13-2012, 06:54 PM

best defense in the NFL going into prevent defense against the worst QB statistically in the NFL..

While I have not committed to memory those plays seemed to me they were playing the running game more than the passing game.. and thus putting the heat on Tebow with each pass..

Once again everyone that had commented on Tebow said he was a 2-4 year project..

Because he did not read defenses like Manning does why are you whinning about it..

errand
04-13-2012, 07:04 PM
This is why I hate receivers. He has played half a season pretty much in his career and all of a sudden he has the right to comment on his last qb who helped him get on the map. Shut up and play DT. You wouldn't be on espn/ nfln if it wasn't for Tebow.

You know this is utter bull **** right?

thomas is a very talented player....and he would have made his mark regardless....

MVP-06
04-13-2012, 07:09 PM

thomas is a very talented player....and he would have made his mark regardless....

Crapping on a teammate after he is gone is utter bull****. IMO he hasn't made a big enough "mark" to do so.

KevinJames
04-13-2012, 08:07 PM

Because of Tebow.

No everyone loved Prater here before Tebow.

Everyone gave a **** about the Broncos.

Broncos fans didn't think of DT as a bust.

All I hear is crying from you Tebowners

TheReverend
04-13-2012, 08:20 PM

You should revisit the thread on his achilles injury last year.

RaiderH8r
04-13-2012, 08:23 PM

That's not the point. All that is the past. DT's dumb ass opened a scab for no other reason than he was chumped into it by the morning jock dip****s so they boost their audience at his expense. He got used and tossed lime an old rubber and now he has created his own little Tebow Time because he's media illiterate.

RaiderH8r
04-13-2012, 08:28 PM

He left his own, personal ass groove on the trainer's bench. Yep, he's left a mark alright.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 08:29 PM
That's not the point. All that is the past. DT's dumb ass opened a scab for no other reason than he was chumped into it by the morning jock dip****s so they boost their audience at his expense. He got used and tossed lime an old rubber and now he has created his own little Tebow Time because he's media illiterate.

A scab? Maybe for some fans other then that he just said what most fans saw or thought. He was asked a question and he gave a answer. Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear. He isn't the first WR to hint at this either.

Jetmeck
04-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Crapping on a teammate after he is gone is utter bull****. IMO he hasn't made a big enough "mark" to do so.

How big enough of a mark do you have to make before you LOSE YOUR CLASS AND RUN YOUR MOUTH about a former team mate who did him any wrong ?

KevinJames
04-13-2012, 08:52 PM
You should revisit the thread on his achilles injury last year.

Yeah I know some were ready to call him a bust and ship him out of Denver but thats the orange mane a whole lot of over reacting. There was actually a lot of people rather optimistic about him in that thread since he was so young.

Play2win
04-13-2012, 08:57 PM
It sucks that Brady has him now.

It's painful...

gunns
04-13-2012, 09:10 PM

Because of Tebow.

Well there were people that gave a **** about the Broncos before Tebow. They are Bronco fans. They were the worst team in the NFL for one year, the first time since the early 70's. Not many teams can say that. I, as a Bronco fan, could give a **** less if any other teams fans know who the Bronco kicker is, now or then. And everyone knew who the Broncos were when they won two SB's back to back.

Don't think you've wasted 15 months being a Bronco (I use the word loosely with you) fan. It's a team that has been one of the top franchises.....and will continue to be. You can now shed that mantra and follow what's important to you, a guy who can make a name for the kicker of a team. Who is the Jet's kicker? You be sure to let us know.

MVP-06
04-14-2012, 01:03 AM
How big enough of a mark do you have to make before you LOSE YOUR CLASS AND RUN YOUR MOUTH about a former team mate who did him any wrong ?

All I'm saying is with 850 career receiving yards I wouldn't say much. I actually like DT, think he has huge potential. Just move on though, he acted like Tebow was at fault because he got the attention and the team didnt. Media was at fault for that, not Tim.

errand
04-14-2012, 03:46 AM

Oh, really? Well we'll use your criteria of him bitching about a FORMER teammate....

So if he had said "I'll miss Tim.....glad we switched to Tebow cuz Orton sucked", do you honestly think this thread would be at 12 pages (if it were even started)?

.....or does only one certain former player get this kind of protection from you guys? And you saw what DT did with the rudimentary quarterback throwing him the ball...

he will enjoy catching passes from peyton manning very much ..... and I know I will enjoy it immensely, because we're never gonna ask "WTF, who was he throwing to" with manning as our quarterback.

errand
04-14-2012, 03:51 AM
He left his own, personal ass groove on the trainer's bench. Yep, he's left a mark alright.

Wow.... I guess you forgot about his 80 yard game winning touchdown catch vs. Steelers....part of his 4 catches for 204 yards day...... oh wait I forgot who I was talking to you..... it was just tebow and only tebow...

now I think you know where dt is coming from..... he had an amazing game against the pittsburgh steelers too, and yet all anyone wants to talk about is tim tebow...... because I guess, only a few of us noticed that a lot of those yards came after the catch.

errand
04-14-2012, 03:55 AM
A scab? Maybe for some fans other then that he just said what most fans saw or thought. He was asked a question and he gave a answer. Sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear. He isn't the first WR to hint at this either.

and that's what it is in a nutshell......

like I said, had he claimed that kyle orton sucked nobody would be complaining about him running his mouth about a former teammate..... but since too many people on the site are still butt hurt over tebow being dumped, all of a sudden a wide receiver criticizing a former quarterback is considered low class. because that's never happened before in the nfl....sheeesh.

errand
04-14-2012, 04:05 AM
All I'm saying is with 850 career receiving yards I wouldn't say much. I actually like DT, think he has huge potential. Just move on though, he acted like Tebow was at fault because he got the attention and the team didnt. Media was at fault for that, not Tim.

regardless of who's fault it is, dt is a human being... and that means he could show certain emotions like resentment, jealousy, etc....over the adoration Tim got.

you guys forget mcgahee's comments during the 7-1 run? He basically said the "it's a team win" stuff, and seemed to resent it too. personally I think those kind of comments were aimed at the media to begin with....not Tebow.

as for tebow's struggles throwing the ball what did he say that wasn't true? tebow did miss some wide open receivers... and he also threw some horrible looking passes.

errand
04-14-2012, 04:24 AM

why don't you update us on another one of his busts? or would you not consider a former first round pick being dumped after 2 years for a 4th round pick to be back-up as a bust?

oh wait a minute, I forgot we're talking to one of the biggest hero worshippers around.....of course you wouldn't consider that player a bust.

v2micca
04-14-2012, 05:37 AM

You don't have to leave any kind of a mark. Young well paid athletes are allowed to say things you violently disagree with and your only recourse is to excoriate them on a message board for it. Sadly, we at the OrangeMane are not the defining authorities on which athletes have "lost their class" I think it actually requires the convening of a grand jury. Plus the NFLPA has to assign an arbiter, its actually a very complicated process. And of course, the player can always appeal to the commissioner to keep his class if it has been suspended.

KO5K
04-14-2012, 07:18 AM

I quite obviously wasn't talking about Bronco fans, the rest of the NFL didn't give a **** about the Broncos. It just doesn't make sense to talk 'badly' about the guy that put you on the map.

I'm hoping Tebow makes some sly comments on how he's looking forward to playing with some quality receivers who know how to catch the ball, not the scrubs this team has. After all, he would only be speaking the truth, amirite?

RaiderH8r
04-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Wow.... I guess you forgot about his 80 yard game winning touchdown catch vs. Steelers....part of his 4 catches for 204 yards day...... oh wait I forgot who I was talking to you..... it was just tebow and only tebow...

now I think you know where dt is coming from..... he had an amazing game against the pittsburgh steelers too, and yet all anyone wants to talk about is tim tebow...... because I guess, only a few of us noticed that a lot of those yards came after the catch.

Who would have thought people would talk about the QB? FFS are you serious? This is the NFL, the QB always dominates discussion for better or worse. DT was butthurt because nobody talked about him? What a twat. Chandelier man should worry about staying on the field.

MVP-06
04-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Oh, really? Well we'll use your criteria of him b****ing about a FORMER teammate....

So if he had said "I'll miss Tim.....glad we switched to Tebow cuz Orton sucked", do you honestly think this thread would be at 12 pages (if it were even started)?

.....or does only one certain former player get this kind of protection from you guys? And you saw what DT did with the rudimentary quarterback throwing him the ball...

he will enjoy catching passes from peyton manning very much ..... and I know I will enjoy it immensely, because we're never gonna ask "WTF, who was he throwing to" with manning as our quarterback.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/560640_10150626282766442_176910056441_9501343_1670 187207_n.jpg

TheReverend
04-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Yeah I know some were ready to call him a bust and ship him out of Denver but thats the orange mane a whole lot of over reacting. There was actually a lot of people rather optimistic about him in that thread since he was so young.

I think you mean just you.

Like you were so optimistic about Cox since he was "first round talent". Remember that discussion? Hilarious!

Heyneck
04-14-2012, 10:39 AM
For dumb inbreds like Errand...

exibit A: The most affected WR after Tebow took over:

"Should be interesting. He’s gonna push Mark for a starting spot," Decker said. "He wants to be a quarterback. It all depends on what they do as far as building an offense around him. He’s not a conventional quarterback and the way he does things is a little bit different, and I think everybody has to keep that in mind and has to be able to adapt to be successful."

"Tim brought the excitement, obviously," Decker said. "He’s an icon, a great guy. A lot of people look at him as a role model. I guess to get that spotlight instantly and see all the media at the games, just talking about I guess now the culture of the team is Tim Tebow, was pretty amazing. Never thought one guy could draw so much attention to a team. … The guy (Tebow) is really respectful and he has that ability."

Now exibit B: The WR that benifited the most from the change. You know... the one that had the last month of the season on par with Megatron and 200+ yards and the winning catch against the Steelers. But... hey... with all your talk, I am beginning to believe balls just fly out of the pocket by themselves:

“It’s a business decision. I ain’t going to say I was sad because the only thing they remember is that pass. You gotta go back and look at the rest of the games. I wasn’t getting no balls and you had to make some of these plays where some players were open and he is not making the throws, but I don’t want to talk bad about Tim, but hey I am happy we got Peyton.”

So yeah... one has class... the other is in the early stages of morphing into something we have been too familiar in the last 5 years. Like the say... if you don't have anything nice to say... then say nothing at all!

But hey Errand... you are a douche... and like they say: Douches have to stick up for one another!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8tqEBQjWRws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cito Pelon
04-14-2012, 10:44 AM

Huh? I bet 50% called Thomas a bust prior to last season, and even during the first part of the season.

Cito Pelon
04-14-2012, 10:49 AM

That's about the size of it.

DBroncos4life
04-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Huh? I bet 50% called Thomas a bust prior to last season, and even during the first part of the season.

I said lots of fans, I didn't say all of them.

lonestar
04-14-2012, 11:45 AM
regardless of who's fault it is, dt is a human being... and that means he could show certain emotions like resentment, jealousy, etc....over the adoration Tim got.

you guys forget mcgahee's comments during the 7-1 run? He basically said the "it's a team win" stuff, and seemed to resent it too. personally I think those kind of comments were aimed at the media to begin with....not Tebow.

as for tebow's struggles throwing the ball what did he say that wasn't true? tebow did miss some wide open receivers... and he also threw some horrible looking passes.

IIRC after every game Tim said much the same thing, it was the press and fans that was blowing his contributions out of the water..

Tebow has NEVER been out of line in any presser or interview..

I'm guessing that DT never listened when tebow was talking about team play..

lonestar
04-14-2012, 11:59 AM

Maybe not bust but most I've seen on multiple forums were not happy with his developement..

Of course there are morons that think #1 picks have to start every game and dominate in all of them..

They equate the #1 #1 pick of the draft with the #21 and think they will be equals..

It is a rare player that as a rookie comes in and plays lights out regardless of the position he plays..

They all make mistakes and IMO WR are the worst of all of them..

The really good ones in college dominated the guy across the LOS from them because of raw talent.. When they get to the NFL they find out everyone on the field has talent equal to or more than they are..

Like I said there are exceptions to that rule but I'd never draft a WR that is going to take 2-3 years to develop and then boogie on off to FA big bucks.

I suspect that DT will be one of them.. Just like marshall, ashely, royal and countless others on other teams..

I'd rather let the other team go through the growing/maturing stages and just go after the non head case WR's that go FA..

I know I'll have to pay for them but you know what you are getting that way.. But then there are the Rod Smiths of the world also some one you find as a gem and you keep them.. May not be as talented as Larry Fitz is but a steady performer..

KevinJames
04-14-2012, 03:41 PM
I think you mean just you.

Like you were so optimistic about Cox since he was "first round talent". Remember that discussion? Hilarious!

I do actually and to be fair he was actually a better starter than Goodman his rookie season but thats not saying much lol. So I guess I was wrong just like you when you said RG3 wasn't going to be a first rounder wen I said he'd be a top 15 pick. Hate to keep bringing that up but its a pretty big one I still think Cox has a chance to be solid :~ohyah!: in San Fransisco lol

but to be honest I seen a lot of people actually optimistic about DT, not just me because not everyone gives up on their first round draft pick at WR after one year.

Heyneck
04-16-2012, 12:29 PM
I know this is so last week... but I couldn't have said it better. For those of you who enable behavior just because it was Tebow throwing him the ball... suck it.

Quote of the Week III

"I ain't going to say I was sad because the only thing they remember is that pass. You gotta go back and look at the rest of the games. I wasn't getting no balls, and you had to make some of these plays where some players were open and he is not making the throws. But I don't want to talk bad about Tim, but hey, I am happy we got Peyton."

-- Denver wide receiver Demaryius Thomas to WQXI in Atlanta, via sportsradiointerviews.com, talking about the loss of Tim Tebow and the addition of Peyton Manning.

I don't want to talk bad about Tim? Imagine what Thomas would say if he wanted to be really critical of Tebow.

Interesting that the pass to which Thomas refers is so easily wiped away, minimized, forgotten, whatever. There are Hall of Fame receivers who don't have the kind of electric, scintillating, once-in-a-career moment Thomas had when he caught an 80-yard touchdown pass from Tebow on the first play of overtime to beat Super Bowl contender Pittsburgh in the playoffs in January.

Demaryius, the day you retire, ESPN will replay that 80-yard touchdown pass five times. You'll have to have an incredible career for any play you ever make to eclipse that forgettable, meaningless touchdown that made the earth shake on the field in Denver that day.

In other words, a little gratitude toward the departed thrower of that biggest reception of your NFL career might be nice.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/04/16/countdown/index.html#ixzz1sEWLbYf8

so yeah... King agrees with me! (that's a pun intended to TonyR... since he keep saying how Elway agreed with him...hahahah)

alkemical
04-16-2012, 12:31 PM
I know this is so last week... but I couldn't have said it better. For those of you who enable behavior just because it was Tebow throwing him the ball... suck it.

so yeah... King agrees with me! (that's a pun intended to TonyR... since he keep saying how Elway agreed with him...hahahah)

yeah, i never understood that stance of: "X agrees with me".

Really, did you talk to "X" - and he said "By god, you're right man"?

No?

Ok, GTFO.

Heyneck
04-16-2012, 12:37 PM
yeah, i never understood that stance of: "X agrees with me".

Really, did you talk to "X" - and he said "By god, you're right man"?

No?

Ok, GTFO.

Yup... that is so lame. It's what TonyR falls back to when trying to argument with someone.

bendog
04-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Y'all. STOP bringing up this thread. Everytime I see "DT update" I think, oh ****e, what did he do to himself now. I mean I'm WAITing for him to do something stupid like cut tendons falling into a tv or something.

TonyR
04-16-2012, 12:42 PM
...so yeah... King agrees with me! (that's a pun intended to TonyR... since he keep saying how Elway agreed with him...hahahah)

First of all, that's not a pun. But good try. You should have paid better attention in 4th grade.

Second, I agree that DT could have chosen his words better but I really think he was just being honest and probably isn't bright enough to understand how he came across. The reaction from the Zombies was predictable: http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/a-zombies-guide-to-feasting-on-demaryius-thomas

Third, you probably won't like it and may react as poorly as many did to DT's comments but it's worth pointing out that DT did the heavy lifting on that play...

Fourth, are you going to turn into Dedhed and bring me up every time you post? Am I in your head that much?

Lestat
04-16-2012, 12:49 PM
this is my issue with the whole thread. DT is a Bronco and likely our #1 WR. Tim Tebow is a former Bronco, a current Jet and soon to be a H-Back/Wildcat QB.

what that means to me is, i don't really give a crap about DT saying something that we all know is true about a former teammate. ideally he wouldn't have said it but he did so move on.

i care about the Broncos, potential Broncos and Broncos players, much like Andre Goodman and Cox who're former Broncos i don't much care about what Tebow does unless he's facing us.

people are trying to make something out of nothing just to feed their Tebow obsession, no one had any issue when people talked about Orton after he was dealt.

alkemical
04-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Yup... that is so lame. It's what TonyR falls back to when trying to argument with someone.

It's not just TonyR - it's something i've noticed the rise on usage over the last year or so.

RaiderH8r
04-16-2012, 12:53 PM
First of all, that's not a pun. But good try. You should have paid better attention in 4th grade.

Second, I agree that DT could have chosen his words better but I really think he was just being honest and probably isn't bright enough to understand how he came across. The reaction from the Zombies was predictable: http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/a-zombies-guide-to-feasting-on-demaryius-thomas

Third, you probably won't like it and may react as poorly as many did to DT's comments but it's worth pointing out that DT did the heavy lifting on that play...

Fourth, are you going to turn into Dedhed and bring me up every time you post? Am I in your head that much?

The heavy lifting? Really? He caught a ball, in stride, at his face mask in cover zero and ran. He didn't go all Larry Czonka or Lagarrette Blount and freight train 7 defenders and he didn't go Barry Sanders and juke 6 out of their jocks to break the play. He caught ball thrown at his hands, in stride, and ran. He didn't turn chicken **** into chicken salad. He caught it and he ran. Pretty much the minimum you expect of any receiver, much less an NFL receiver. Don't act like he cracked the atom or reinvented the position.