PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius Thomas update

Pages : 1 [2]

BroncoBeavis
04-16-2012, 01:57 PM
The heavy lifting? Really? He caught a ball, in stride, at his face mask in cover zero and ran. He didn't go all Larry Czonka or Lagarrette Blount and freight train 7 defenders and he didn't go Barry Sanders and juke 6 out of their jocks to break the play. He caught ball thrown at his hands, in stride, and ran. He didn't turn chicken **** into chicken salad. He caught it and he ran. Pretty much the minimum you expect of any receiver, much less an NFL receiver. Don't act like he cracked the atom or reinvented the position.

You're not looking at it right, H8R. DT was perfectly positioned for Tebow's blatant overthrow.

The route was actually supposed to be 10 yards shorter than he ran it. He just knew Teebs would overthrow it so he made the preemptive adjust, ran exactly where he knew Tebow would overthrow it to, and won the game.

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 02:01 PM
The heavy lifting? Really? He caught a ball, in stride, at his face mask in cover zero and ran. He didn't go all Larry Czonka or Lagarrette Blount and freight train 7 defenders and he didn't go Barry Sanders and juke 6 out of their jocks to break the play. He caught ball thrown at his hands, in stride, and ran. He didn't turn chicken **** into chicken salad. He caught it and he ran. Pretty much the minimum you expect of any receiver, much less an NFL receiver. Don't act like he cracked the atom or reinvented the position.

How many yards did have to out run the DBs chasing him?

bendog
04-16-2012, 02:01 PM

yeah, but a lot of recievers would have been totally shocked that the pass was accurate ... and dropped it. (low hanging fruit)

BroncoBeavis
04-16-2012, 02:03 PM
yeah, but a lot of recievers would have been totally shocked that the pass was accurate ... and dropped it. (low hanging fruit)

Someone better get DT a counselor then. Seems like he spent all season in shock. :)

RaiderH8r
04-16-2012, 02:08 PM
How many yards did have to out run the DBs chasing him?

It was a lot. And without a rest stop along the way. Poor guy.

RaiderH8r
04-16-2012, 02:09 PM

It was the element of surprise that made him catch the ball. He didn't have time to think about it, he just reacted in self defense and it stuck.

bendog
04-16-2012, 02:12 PM
It was the element of surprise that made him catch the ball. He didn't have time to think about it, he just reacted in self defense and it stuck.

and he had to stay in front of the defenders as he ran to the endzone to keep from being hurt.

RaiderH8r
04-16-2012, 02:22 PM
and he had to stay in front of the defenders as he ran to the endzone to keep from being hurt.

that's a world of hurt chasing DT down the field. He's got to get away.

Heyneck
04-16-2012, 02:43 PM
First of all, that's not a pun. But good try. You should have paid better attention in 4th grade.

Second, I agree that DT could have chosen his words better but I really think he was just being honest and probably isn't bright enough to understand how he came across. The reaction from the Zombies was predictable: http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/a-zombies-guide-to-feasting-on-demaryius-thomas

Third, you probably won't like it and may react as poorly as many did to DT's comments but it's worth pointing out that DT did the heavy lifting on that play...

Fourth, are you going to turn into Dedhed and bring me up every time you post? Am I in your head that much?

Don't flatter yourself! hahaha you will never get in my head. I am not a weak minded individual like some around here. This post was not meant for you... just the last part since the occasion presented it self to use your dumb self validation type of argument. (example: "Elway agrees with me" hahahaha)