PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ozzie see ya later

Punisher
04-09-2012, 11:16 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn--ozzie-guillen-question-20120409,0,6738774.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fmostviewed+%28L.A.+ Times+-+Most+Viewed+Stories%29

Miami fans want ozzie fired i think this one is a little too far, i hope the a-hole gets caned

Kaylore
04-09-2012, 11:24 AM
He's always had a way with words.

LonghornBronco
04-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Of all the places to say such a thing. This guy is dumb!

Rohirrim
04-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Alas! Freedom of speech doesn't protect you from stupidity of speech. ;D

vancejohnson82
04-09-2012, 11:33 AM
you have to wonder if he does stuff like this on purpose....

SaveusElway15
04-09-2012, 11:36 AM
That was Quick... Ozzie's a Jack-wagon.

In other news Marlins Park attendance today was 310....

broncosteven
04-09-2012, 11:36 AM
I am so glad he is no longer with the WS for this reason alone. Will always love 2005 but he can't keep his mouth shut.

maher_tyler
04-09-2012, 11:39 AM

Ha!

bronco militia
04-09-2012, 11:57 AM

:thumbsup:Ha!Ha!

Lycan
04-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Seriously? How can anyone be stupid enough to say that in Florida of all places?

He may want to move. The backlash from the Cuban community there is not going to be pretty.

UberBroncoMan
04-09-2012, 12:29 PM
What a ****ing idiot, lol. Then again he's an elite Venezuelan and loves him some Hugo Chávez so of course he's going to love Castro.

HorseHead
04-09-2012, 12:41 PM
It's not like the new park is in Little Havana or anything...wait..it is..never mind.

Swedish Extrovert
04-09-2012, 12:52 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn--ozzie-guillen-question-20120409,0,6738774.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fmostviewed+%28L.A.+ Times+-+Most+Viewed+Stories%29

Miami fans want ozzie fired i think this one is a little too far, i hope the a-hole gets caned

Punctuation will go miles in making your thoughts coherent.

Crushaholic
04-09-2012, 02:06 PM
You're being too hard, on the guy. He's had numerous hits throughout the years. His Black Sabbath years were EPIC. Even the duet he had with Lita Ford was pretty cool...

Wait. What? Baseball? Never mind...:puff:

Punisher
04-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Punctuation will go miles in making your thoughts coherent.

I kind of don't care ???

Chris
04-09-2012, 02:33 PM
As someone who's the son of a Cuban refugee and whose grandparents were part of the Miami community for 40 years, this is a very touchy area. It's complicated and the exiles get very emotional about it.

I think he's entitled to his opinion.

rugbythug
04-09-2012, 07:08 PM
As someone who's the son of a Cuban refugee and whose grandparents were part of the Miami community for 40 years, this is a very touchy area. It's complicated and the exiles get very emotional about it.

I think he's entitled to his opinion.

He's also entitled to being fired for being a Dumb A$$.

BroncoMan4ever
04-09-2012, 07:12 PM
who cares? he has always been a douche and never was intelligent with words. what's the difference now aside from he now manages in Cuban Mecca?

Tombstone RJ
04-09-2012, 07:35 PM

Ozzie is an idiot. Anyone else here besides me think Ozzie was just trying to give Hugo Chavez a coded compliment by praising Castro? Or, is he just that stupid?

barryr
04-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Ozzie is the kind of person who is always looking to play the victim for something, so he can't stand things being quiet and mellow, so if he has to say something stupid to get his poor me crap going, he will do so.

Broncos_OTM
04-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Most of y'all are sad. What ever happened to the first amendment. Do I think what hebsaid was dumb sure. Do I think he should be fired for it. Nope. People say stupid things. Lets take the mane for instance.....

HAT
04-09-2012, 10:25 PM

I haven't heard the quote yet....It might be a fire-able offense but I hardly think caning is in order?

broncocalijohn
04-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Most of y'all are sad. What ever happened to the first amendment. Do I think what hebsaid was dumb sure. Do I think he should be fired for it. Nope. People say stupid things. Lets take the mane for instance.....

why do people get 1st amendment mixed up in our own country. He isnt going to jail or be thrown out of the country. He might be fired from a private enterprise because he upset the very same people that buy into their product. Vientamese and Cubans have a hatred for their former country like no other. Ozzie is a complete moron. We also had the Red Sox (or was it Blue Jays former manager?) former manager tell everyone he was a vietnam vet and got canned for it. It was lying that did him in. Sure it was first amendment rights happening but that didn't help him in the private sector.

BroncoMan4ever
04-09-2012, 10:41 PM
also with that accent did anyone truly understand what the hell he actually said?

Broncos_OTM
04-10-2012, 04:21 AM
why do people get 1st amendment mixed up in our own country. He isnt going to jail or be thrown out of the country. He might be fired from a private enterprise because he upset the very same people that buy into their product. Vientamese and Cubans have a hatred for their former country like no other. Ozzie is a complete moron. We also had the Red Sox (or was it Blue Jays former manager?) former manager tell everyone he was a vietnam vet and got canned for it. It was lying that did him in. Sure it was first amendment rights happening but that didn't help him in the private sector.

You can be canned in most states for just about anything. Personally I think more people should speak their mind instead of the same old BS. I am sick of hearing the poor poor pitiful me card. If i was Ozzie. I would have never apologized. But then again I am smarter then that and probably wouldn't have said it.

rugbythug
04-10-2012, 06:18 AM
You can be canned in most states for just about anything. Personally I think more people should speak their mind instead of the same old BS. I am sick of hearing the poor poor pitiful me card. If i was Ozzie. I would have never apologized. But then again I am smarter then that and probably wouldn't have said it.

I doubt you have any idea what you are talking about so why should I.

Tombstone RJ
04-10-2012, 09:29 AM

I think you are missing the point. Ozzie is coaching the one MLB team that is in South FL, Miami area that is the center point for Cuban-American refugees. In other words, by Ozzie saying this he has provoked the fan base that will support the team. This comes at a bad time as the team is trying to build a new stadium and needs as much fan support as possible.

So in essence, he just made a really stupid remark. If he said this as the manager of the Rockies, it probably would not be that big of a deal. Denver is not the central hub of Cuban American refugees.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-10-2012, 09:39 AM
I think you are missing the point. Ozzie is coaching the one MLB team that is in South FL, Miami area that is the center point for Cuban-American refugees. In other words, by Ozzie saying this he has provoked the fan base that will support the team. This comes at a bad time as the team is trying to build a new stadium and needs as much fan support as possible.

So in essence, he just made a really stupid remark. If he said this as the manager of the Rockies, it probably would not be that big of a deal. Denver is not the central hub of Cuban American refugees.

I agree, but I don't agree that he should be suspended with no pay. He made a remark that I understand is "insensitive," but in context, they aren't all that horrible. In fact, it seems more historical than anything. he's not claiming he supports Castro's methods, just respects his ability to keep power despite heavy world dissent.

People are too sensitive.

Tombstone RJ
04-10-2012, 09:46 AM
I agree, but I don't agree that he should be suspended with no pay. He made a remark that I understand is "insensitive," but in context, they aren't all that horrible. In fact, it seems more historical than anything. he's not claiming he supports Castro's methods, just respects his ability to keep power despite heavy world dissent.

People are too sensitive.

The very fact that Ozzie is Venezuelan and Hugo Chavez is Venezuelan has a lot to do with his thinking or comments IMHO. Again, he's in little Cuba surrounded by a huge population of Cuban Americans that hate Castro (but love baseball). Is he really that stupid? Notice that Ozzie is now trying to denounce Hugo Chavez.

why Ozzie? Why praise Castro and now denounce Chavez? Is it because your little backhanded compliment has backfired?

Kaylore
04-10-2012, 10:21 AM
The very fact that Ozzie is Venezuelan and Hugo Chavez is Venezuelan has a lot to do with his thinking or comments IMHO. Again, he's in little Cuba surrounded by a huge population of Cuban Americans that hate Castro (but love baseball). Is he really that stupid? Notice that Ozzie is now trying to denounce Hugo Chavez.

why Ozzie? Why praise Castro and now denounce Chavez? Is it because your little backhanded compliment has backfired?

Yeah that's what I found hilarious. Whatever far left-wing friends he had he has now proceeded to piss them off too with his backpeddling. Way to cover all your bases, Ozzie! Hilarious!

He should have just apologized with a statement and gone back to work.

DarkHorse30
04-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Obama should demand an apology.....:wiggle:

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-10-2012, 10:32 AM
not being Cuban or living in Little Havana i do not see his comments in the same light or taken as personal as the people living there or have been affected by Castro...i do understand their hatred and protests though...if he had said this as the Mariners manager it wouldnt have been so touchy. Saying it in the heart of "free" Cuba was not smart at all...This will get worse for Ozzie and i expect a firing to come soon...Or i expect the usual 1/4 filled stadium they are known for in August...even though its a new stadium, theyll bring out the tarps to cover seats earlier than expected this year.