PDA

View Full Version : The rebirth of John Elway

Bacchus
04-08-2012, 05:24 AM
"Back-to-back Super Bowl wins capped Elway's 16-year playing career with the Broncos. Now 15 months into his newest role, he is showing he has the chance to be successful in his second life in Denver. Since he became the team's primary decision maker in January 2011, the Broncos have begun the process of becoming a front-line franchise -- as they were for much of Elway’s tenure as a player."

full article

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/42525/the-rebirth-of-john-elway

Meck77
04-08-2012, 05:38 AM
I think people often forget or don't even know that he lost his father, wife, and twin sister all within a year or so back in 2002.

Heck I heard he was living in an apartment right around the time he was working on the Crush.

Now he's running the Broncos AGAIN.

I can see an orange parade happening in Denver...........

Bacchus
04-08-2012, 05:43 AM
Izaiah Thomas he is not.

lostknight
04-08-2012, 06:52 AM
Let's see his results before we crown him. Dream Teams have a huge habit of not living up to their types, and every message from Dove Valley the last three years has been "trust us, we know what we are doing".

Brewer
04-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Grapes are bad for dogs.

strafen
04-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Let's see his results before we crown him. Dream Teams have a huge habit of not living up to their types, and every message from Dove Valley the last three years has been "trust us, we know what we are doing".Haters are going to hate!
Elway, simply...the best ever!

Wes Mantooth
04-08-2012, 07:37 AM
I think people often forget or don't even know that he lost his father, wife, and twin sister all within a year or so back in 2002.

Heck I heard he was living in an apartment right around the time he was working on the Crush.

Now he's running the Broncos AGAIN.

I can see an orange parade happening in Denver...........

He lost his ex / seperated wife. He cheated. From what I understand quite often. He is still a favorite, but he wasn't there for his ex..

Chris
04-08-2012, 08:33 AM
He took over a team that had gone 4-12 in 2010 and had lost 22 of its past 28 games. Elway spearheaded an effort that turned the Broncos into a surprise AFC West champion that upset Pittsburgh in the first round of the AFC playoffs -- the Broncos' first postseason win in six years.

Can't give Elway most of the credit for this.

Archer81
04-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Grapes are bad for dogs.

Peeled, seedless grapes are fine for dogs. The skin makes them sick.

:Broncos:

Archer81
04-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Haters are going to hate!

the best ever...As a player.

Jury is still out on Elway the GM.

:Broncos:

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-08-2012, 08:55 AM
He lost his ex / seperated wife. He cheated. From what I understand quite often. He is still a favorite, but he wasn't there for his ex..

Link?

lostknight
04-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Haters are going to hate!

Ahh yes. The, I disagree with you, so you must be a hater. That kind of emotional manipulation has been the cornerstone of politics for years, and it's great to see that it's still here.

AFter all, I thought it was just the Tebow fans who weren't real fans.

Meck77
04-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Let's see his results before we crown him. Dream Teams have a huge habit of not living up to their types, and every message from Dove Valley the last three years has been "trust us, we know what we are doing".

I see. You must have taken that approach with John as the Broncos QB. Everyone was a Broncos fan in 1999.

WesMantooth. So you were in Elways bed during his marriage? Interesting.

Wes Mantooth
04-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Link?

After going to defend my point, I find that I am a moron. Speculation and his wife is not dead. Apologies.

Play2win
04-08-2012, 09:43 AM
:Broncos: Long Live John Elway!!! :Broncos:

Chris
04-08-2012, 10:08 AM

A lot of athletes think they're invincible. As for Elway, I've mentioned it before but he did bang my coworkers friend and another girl when they were in college and he was in his 40s. As potentially awesome as that sounds, it also sounds really sad when you think in real world terms.

McDman
04-08-2012, 10:15 AM
A lot of athletes think they're invincible. As for Elway, I've mentioned it before but he did bang my coworkers friend and another girl when they were in college and he was in his 40s. As potentially awesome as that sounds, it also sounds really sad when you think in real world terms.

I don't see any sadness in it.

Chris
04-08-2012, 10:17 AM
I don't see any sadness in it.

When you're married? Of course, I'm not telling you how to think that's how I see it.

Maybe you see it like this :twokisses

errand
04-08-2012, 06:37 PM

Elway got separated in '99 or '00 right? Maybe '01? Since he was born in 1960....that means he was 40-42 when they split-up.....I'm sure he was "single" when he had amorous relations with those friends of your friend.

Wes Mantooth
04-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Elway got separated in '99 or '00 right? Maybe '01? Since he was born in 1960....that means he was 40-42 when they split-up.....I'm sure he was "single" when he had amorous relations with those friends of your friend.

so back to my speculation, not the case. This was during his road travels playing for the broncs.

Chris
04-08-2012, 07:27 PM

Well I don't know the timeline exactly, but supposedly he said "My wife knows about it. She's cool with it". I'm actually never going to bring this up again because it's reading like something off of salon.com

OBF1
04-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Link?

Ask his kids baby sitter, she is one of the links.

baja
04-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Ask his kids baby sitter, she is one of the links.

Is that "link" as in sausage?