PDA

View Full Version : Bmore Mock 1.0 With Analysis

Bmore Manning
04-07-2012, 10:53 PM
I don't expect Denver to bring anyone else in of significant impact, and after the Okoye news, I don't expect any DTs. So this mock has that in mind. I am also looking to draft all starters/impact players, to help this team.

1. Michael Brockers DT
Brockers has become my favorite DT in the draft, after watching the tape, he is ferocious, with a great motor. I think he will fall here, because he appears to be raw, and I see a run on other positions happening.

2. Brandon Thompson DT
I know what everyone is thinking, two NTs? Yes, but I think Brockers and Thompson both offer enough pass rush that whoever isn't doubled will cause havoc in the backfield. Not to mention both are great against the run. This would be a dynamic 1-2 punch, and would make most ok with not adding a FA DT.

3. Robert Turbin RB
Apparently he is a fan favorite around here, but Turbin really has great lateral quickness for a north to south bruiser. He is the down hill runner with other dimensions to his game like his solid hands and blocking abilities that would bode well for this team with him as a potential 3 down back.

4. Marvin Jones WR
This is a kid who could really excel in the slot, and has tremendous explosiveness and potential.

4. Leonard Johnson CB
He has shut down corner potential, just ask Blackmon and Sanu.
Johnson can be the slot guy this year to learn the NFL under one of the best in the game.

5. Lucas Nix LG
With his athleticism he is perfect for the ZBS Denver uses and could give Beadles competition at LG. I'm sure a C was popular here, but I think Denver is committed to Walton, and believe Manning can enhance his game.

6. Danny Trevathan WLB
This may be the steal of the draft, this kid is a stud WLB, fast and physical, faced great competition. He shined time and time again, not to mention he is a late draft pick, who offers a future starter and could be mentored by Woodyard who also attended Kentucky.

Broncojef
04-07-2012, 11:20 PM
I don't think Brockers lasts to us at the 25 and watching Thompson he may very well be the best DT in the draft period so again don't see how Thompson falls to us in the second. If we end up with any of the three you have at 1-3 I'm happy all three would be a dream come true. As a Spartan fan I'm hoping for Worthy, Thompson and Turbin. Don't know alot of the talent at the back end of the draft but love your guys I do know.

bpc
04-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Brokers doesn't have any moves outside a bullrush. Not much upside IMO. That bullrush is going to get negated quick on the next level.

Broncos_OTM
04-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Brokers is a project. Potentially a good add in a year or two. I think he is at best a mid second round pick with production, which was very pretty much nil.. especially with those that have surrounded. Him at LEU.
Don't like it

If you have watched anything on Thompson. you'd know he was a bunklry clone who offers no upside as a pass rusher. One dimensional. Still a good Nt prospect. Bad value for a one dimensional 4-3 Nt however. I'd be okay with this pick

Turbine will be a fairly good grinder at the next level provided he is healthy. However it doesn't add a dimension to this offense. Since we already have mcgahee who has the same skill set

I know very little on the other prospects you list. So i will not comment

OBF1
04-07-2012, 11:53 PM
The spelling police will have a field day with the above post.

Broncos_OTM
04-07-2012, 11:58 PM

The poster above really could give two ****s.

OBF1
04-08-2012, 12:03 AM
The poster above really could give two ****s.

I expected nothing less.

Broncos_OTM
04-08-2012, 12:10 AM
I expected nothing less.

Its the mane. Someone would have found something to cry about...

UberBroncoMan
04-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Leondard Johnson posted a 4.71 40. That's not exactly what you want in a CB these days. That's slower than most LB's.

ColoradoBuff
04-08-2012, 06:00 AM
when did we move back to the zone blocking?

http://www.milehighsports.com/?p=7719

Bmore Manning
04-08-2012, 06:05 AM
Leondard Johnson posted a 4.71 40. That's not exactly what you want in a CB these days. That's slower than most LB's.

Some players have break out performances at the combine, some tank at the
combine, some have performances where they appear average. Game tape is very telling, it doesn't lie, Johnson blanketed Sanu and Blackmon... He had to be running slightly faster than 4.7 to do that.

Bmore Manning
04-08-2012, 06:08 AM

Are you referring to me? Because I do post from my iPhone.. And instead of you commenting on a player, whether you hate the mock or not, you comment on spelling. If you have or had an iPhone, you will know where I am coming from when I say that.

Bmore Manning
04-08-2012, 06:10 AM

I believe this article to be a little outdated. I just read just a few weeks ago that Denver plans to use ZBS per the mouth of Elway if I am not mistaken.

ColoradoBuff
04-08-2012, 06:43 AM
I believe this article to be a little outdated. I just read just a few weeks ago that Denver plans to use ZBS per the mouth of Elway if I am not mistaken.

link?

ColoradoBuff
04-08-2012, 06:45 AM

Wow....you READ that Denver is going to use the ZBS from Elway's MOUTH?!?!? Impressive! Are a lip reader or something?

errand
04-08-2012, 06:53 AM

If memory serves me correctly, I think Fox had implemented zbs in his last few seasons in Carolina.....

errand
04-08-2012, 06:56 AM
[/B]

Wow....you READ that Denver is going to use the ZBS from Elway's MOUTH?!?!? Impressive! Are a lip reader or something?

Really dude? I think he meant he "read" an article that quoted Elway "saying" the Broncos would be using zbs......

CEH
04-08-2012, 06:57 AM
If the stretch play is a staple in Denver like Indy then yes ZBS could viewed as the primary blocking scheme

p7superfly
04-08-2012, 07:30 AM
I love it. I hope these guys fall to us.

Broncos_OTM
04-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Are you referring to me? Because I do post from my iPhone.. And instead of you commenting on a player, whether you hate the mock or not, you comment on spelling. If you have or had an iPhone, you will know where I am coming from when I say that.

He was referring to me. I post from my DROID razor. Its a pain in my ass!!! I quit em trying my posts when i have alot to say the cursor rarely does what I want it to so i say **** it

CEH
04-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Overall good job however unless these first two are far and away the top rated players on the board I don't like the shotgun approach to drafting. I'd like a playmaker in the other slot or a top guard in the 2nd

Maybe a Brockers (who I think goes top 10 maybe top 5 to STL), David Wilson, Brandon Brooks, Ty Hilton/Jones with a Casey Hayward/Josh Norman/Jeremy Lane in the first 4 rounds. A Derek Wolfe in the 5th

g6matty
04-08-2012, 07:49 AM
id much rather have Devon Still in the First.

but we all know we would NEVER double dip at a position we dont know exists

Pony Boy
04-08-2012, 07:55 AM
If the stretch play is a staple in Denver like Indy then yes ZBS could viewed as the primary blocking scheme

I disagree with your avatar....... it should say " Unless your Tim Tebow where only your best is not good enough".

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-08-2012, 08:01 AM

I'm not doubting you. I'm just a big fan of the ZBS. Could post.the link?

Pony Boy
04-08-2012, 08:05 AM

Blart would like your avatar ......

Rohirrim
04-08-2012, 08:22 AM

Forgive him. He's just here as a Peyton Manning fan. He still thinks Shanahan is the coach. ;D

If you want to see the old Shanahan/Gibbs system, check out Houston.

gunns
04-08-2012, 08:28 AM
I love the first 3 picks. I would be in 7th heaven with those.

Archer81
04-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Only time I remember Denver going one position in a draft for two + consecutive rounds was when they drafted corners. Also, no matter who is in Dove Valley, DT seems to be ignored. Like they are allergic to the position.

:Broncos:

Bmore Manning
04-08-2012, 09:27 AM

Yeah, I'm gonna look and try to find it.

Bmore Manning
04-08-2012, 09:29 AM
id much rather have Devon Still in the First.

but we all know we would NEVER double dip at a position we dont know exists

On another thread I said I want either Brockers or Still from the first and Thompson in the second, I would still love Still and Thompson!

Bmore Manning
04-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Forgive him. He's just here as a Peyton Manning fan. He still thinks Shanahan is the coach. ;D

If you want to see the old Shanahan/Gibbs system, check out Houston.

Well for the next few years we are on the same side. And I know what I read, it said Denver in a ZBS. I'll try to find the link.

Bmore Manning
04-08-2012, 09:33 AM
If memory serves me correctly, I think Fox had implemented zbs in his last few seasons in Carolina.....

You are correct!

Bmore Manning
04-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Overall good job however unless these first two are far and away the top rated players on the board I don't like the shotgun approach to drafting. I'd like a playmaker in the other slot or a top guard in the 2nd

Maybe a Brockers (who I think goes top 10 maybe top 5 to STL), David Wilson, Brandon Brooks, Ty Hilton/Jones with a Casey Hayward/Josh Norman/Jeremy Lane in the first 4 rounds. A Derek Wolfe in the 5th

Brockers/Still in the first and Thompson in the second is dynamic!
You don't need an early guard in the ZBS, if what I read about Denver being ZBS was infact correct.
You also don't need an early slot receiver, research Marvin Jones, scouts are big on him and his ability in space. And he's big and athletic in the slot with the speed and great hands, he's not a tweener like Hilton, Wright, Adams, Rainey.. He is a big fast slot WR!

OBF1
04-08-2012, 10:02 AM

I was not talking about you. I had a smart phone (Android) and found out I has ZERO need for it. To comment on the mock, I like what positions you are going for, but not 100% on the players. Good job.

Rohirrim
04-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Well for the next few years we are on the same side. And I know what I read, it said Denver in a ZBS. I'll try to find the link.

Sure, the Broncos use ZB. I'm guessing most teams do on occasion. The Fox led Broncos seemed to use a combination of zone and man. Fox and Magazu used ZB in Carolina, but didn't have an offseason last year, so maybe we were hung up still between the transition from Shanahan to McDaniels, who tried to put in a more power blocking scheme? Who knows?

But once upon a time, under Shanahan/Gibbs, the Broncos were the premier example of the ZBS in the NFL. It was our bread and butter. Year after year, you could plug in a RB and get a 1000 yards. Those days are gone, but I guess the rep still hangs around. Kubiak took that system with him. What will Fox and Magazu employ with a full off season to work on it? We'll see. Seems to me we have the players for it.

Chris
04-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Is the Turbin hype just a mane thing? Because if his hype is anywhere comparable in league circles chances are he'll be gone by our 3rd pick.

Bmore Manning
04-08-2012, 10:21 AM
I was not talking about you. I had a smart phone (Android) and found out I has ZERO need for it. To comment on the mock, I like what positions you are going for, but not 100% on the players. Good job.

Well how would yours look?

Bmore Manning
04-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Is the Turbin hype just a mane thing? Because if his hype is anywhere comparable in league circles chances are he'll be gone by our 3rd pick.

He has serious hype on this forum, but I see a slightly lesser version of Trent Richardson in his game and abilities, with better lateral speed, but Turbin and all other RBs in this draft lack the balance Richardson has after contact.

Broncoman13
04-08-2012, 10:28 AM
DT is definitely a position of need and I like more than dislike the OP's mock (would prefer a lot of other players over Brockers, but his size is outstanding).

But, I think the Broncos FO will see things a bit differently. You don't go out and spend big money to get Peyton Manning and not bring in a supporting cast for him. I think two of the first three picks will be offense at the skill position. I think they'll roll the dice that a guy like Thompson will be available to them in the 2nd. That or they'll just wait and take a guy like Martin in the 3rd.

Kendall Wright in the first. If not Wright, then Miller or Wilson in the first.
LaMichael James in the 2nd. The reason I think they'll go RB early is b/c of Elway. His big sales pitch to Manning included his success in his last few years of his career. Elway will be the first to tell you that his success was hugely dependent on a great Running game and Terrell Davis. He will try to duplicate that.

In a perfect world, that would be a trade to the Panthers for Jonathon Stewart and only cost us a 3rd.

Then you could go with a Kendall Wright who has the precision a guy like Manning prefers... Smaller but precise.

Don't sleep on Reyes either. The Broncos could see him as the best prospect to fill the 3 Tech. Good production although a bit small. I personally would prefer Worthy or Still.

Bmore Manning
04-08-2012, 10:37 AM
DT is definitely a position of need and I like more than dislike the OP's mock (would prefer a lot of other players over Brockers, but his size is outstanding).

But, I think the Broncos FO will see things a bit differently. You don't go out and spend big money to get Peyton Manning and not bring in a supporting cast for him. I think two of the first three picks will be offense at the skill position. I think they'll roll the dice that a guy like Thompson will be available to them in the 2nd. That or they'll just wait and take a guy like Martin in the 3rd.

Kendall Wright in the first. If not Wright, then Miller or Wilson in the first.
LaMichael James in the 2nd. The reason I think they'll go RB early is b/c of Elway. His big sales pitch to Manning included his success in his last few years of his career. Elway will be the first to tell you that his success was hugely dependent on a great Running game and Terrell Davis. He will try to duplicate that.

In a perfect world, that would be a trade to the Panthers for Jonathon Stewart and only cost us a 3rd.

Then you could go with a Kendall Wright who has the precision a guy like Manning prefers... Smaller but precise.

Don't sleep on Reyes either. The Broncos could see him as the best prospect to fill the 3 Tech. Good production although a bit small. I personally would prefer Worthy or Still.

I would take Still to pair with Thompson if Brockers and Cox are gone.
I do not agree with taking a Slot WR or RB not named Richardson in the first. If what I though I read was true and Denver is going ZBS, third to fifth round range RB is all you need. You also can get better value in the slot in the mud rounds.

What would your mock look like?

Everyone feel free to post your mock!

broncos-rock
04-08-2012, 11:12 AM
I think we have a rb on the roster that everyone is forgetting about and that is Mario Fanin. I believe he will be a big part of the team!

Broncoman13
04-08-2012, 11:16 AM
I would take Still to pair with Thompson if Brockers and Cox are gone.
I do not agree with taking a Slot WR or RB not named Richardson in the first. If what I though I read was true and Denver is going ZBS, third to fifth round range RB is all you need. You also can get better value in the slot in the mud rounds.

What would your mock look like?

Everyone feel free to post your mock!

1- Kendall Wright- With Manning's ability to use slot receivers and the production guys like Stokely and Collie have had in his offenses... plus the fact that Wright is hands down more talented than either, a 1000 yards and 8 TDs as a rookie aren't out of the question. Add to that the fact that Manning does prefer smaller more precise receivers and he could end up being Manning's favorite/most trusted target. In which case he could go for 1200 and 10 as a rookie.

2- LaMichael James- I like Turbin and think he'll be a pretty productive back in the future, but I like James' ability and versatility a lot better. It all depends on how they see Moreno fitting in. If by some miracle a guy like Still, Worthy, or Reyes fell to us in the 2nd, then grab him... but I don't see that happening.

3- Alameda Ta'amu- The DTs that you find in the 3rd round area, guys like Thompson, Ta'amu, Martin, etc are all pluggers. If you're going to settle on the NT type then go with the girth. It may require a bit of a trade up into the top of the 3rd round to get a guy like Ta'amu, but space eating DTs are often overlooked in the draft. Take Abrayu Franklin for example, I think he was a 5th round pick. FYI, I hate that we are depending on the draft for a starter at DT. Pretty rare to get consistent production from a rookie. Our best bet is to draft multiple DTs in the 3rd and 4th rounds and then be patient with them to develop. If you get lucky and have one contribute early on (Like Ratliff in Dallas) then great.

Two 4th round picks offers some versatility there. A couple year's ago we packaged a couple of 3rd round picks for a 2nd and a 4th. The players we selected absolutely sucked (Dick Quinn and Olsen I think), but if we were able to get back into the 2nd or early part of the 3rd with those two picks, you could realistically take a guy like Trumaine Johnson or Brandon Boykin for some youth at CB.

Toward the back end of the draft, I like guys that can impact multiple positions. Chris Rainey would be a nice option. You can be creative with him and at the least use him in the return department.

Broncoman13
04-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Oh, and if we don't take Wright, then I think Broyles could be a sleeper pick for us in the 4th. He is a guy that likely would be getting the same hype as Wright if not for the ACL last year. Take a look at his production... three years, he was a stud. Low risk.

Bmore Manning
04-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Oh, and if we don't take Wright, then I think Broyles could be a sleeper pick for us in the 4th. He is a guy that likely would be getting the same hype as Wright if not for the ACL last year. Take a look at his production... three years, he was a stud. Low risk.

Yeah I had mention Chapman and Broyles on here, there upside is high, both are first round talents.