PDA

View Full Version : Rule changes

Mogulseeker
04-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Forgive me if it is a repost.

The following are rule changes for 2012:

The Replay Booth will initiate replay reviews on turnover plays (like last year, reviewing all scoring plays).

The overtime rules in the playoffs (adopted for the 2010 season) will be extended to the regular season

The penalty for 12 men on the field (not in the huddle) is changed from a live-ball foul to a dead-ball foul. (Possibly in response to the New York Giants committing such a foul on defense in the late stages of Super Bowl XLVI, costing the New England Patriots seconds on a late drive.)

Illegally kicking a loose ball now includes a loss-of-down penalty in addition to a 10-yard penalty.

Anyone who is subject to a crack-back block is added to the list of "defenseless players."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/18108999/nfl-passes-overtime-rules-to-reflect-postseason-all-turnovers-now-reviewed

brncs_fan
04-07-2012, 05:51 PM
The following are rule changes for 2012:

The overtime rules in the playoffs (adopted for the 2010 season) will be extended to the regular season

Color me not surprised. Honestly, who didn't see this coming?

UberBroncoMan
04-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Color me not surprised. Honestly, who didn't see this coming?

Good change, imo. Also allows for more commercials $$$.

sgbfan
04-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Good change, imo. Also allows for more commercials $$$.

It sucks with Denver as a west coast team that plays the late games. Hopefully not too many games run into the start of the Broncos games because of it.

Mogulseeker
04-07-2012, 07:56 PM
It sucks with Denver as a west coast team that plays the late games. Hopefully not too many games run into the start of the Broncos games because of it.

Actually, if you're in the Denver market (which is Colorado and extends into Wyoming, Kansas and New Mexico, even into western Nebraska and South Dakota) then the game will be played in their entirety.

Tyrell Jones
04-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Good rule changes.

sgbfan
04-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Actually, if you're in the Denver market (which is Colorado and extends into Wyoming, Kansas and New Mexico, even into western Nebraska and South Dakota) then the game will be played in their entirety.

They weren't in Utah. Most of the games were played, but not until the previous game was over.

Doggcow
04-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Surprise surprise. The Patriots survive exploiting the rules themselves, but when one gets utilized to beat their asses, it gets fixed.

Loss of Down ball kicking penalty is confusing. What if a defender does it? What if it happens on 3rd down, is it a turnover? I think that one is stupid.

Mogulseeker
04-08-2012, 10:06 PM
They weren't in Utah. Most of the games were played, but not until the previous game was over.

Yeah, but Utah is in the SLC market - which favors Arizona and California sports.