PDA

View Full Version : Want to attend my first game at Mile High

Navy Broncos Fan
04-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Last year I attended my first ever Broncos game in San Diego when we beat the Chargers. This year the family and I are thinking of making the trip from San Diego to Denver to attend a game. It would be my wife and I plus our two daughters(9,7) on a 4-5 day mini vacation.

So according to a leaked schedule, who knows if the dates are accurate. What game do you think I should attend.

Week 1 Sunday 9/9/2012 Texans @ Broncos NBC 8:20 PM
Week 3 Sunday 9/23/2012 Steelers @ Broncos CBS 4:15 PM
Week 4 Sunday 9/30/2012 Buccaneers @ Broncos FOX 4:05 PM
Week 5 Sunday 10/7/2012 Browns @ Broncos CBS 4:15 PM
Week 7 Sunday 10/21/2012 Raiders @ Broncos CBS 4:15 PM
Week 11 Sunday 11/18/2012 Chiefs @ Broncos CBS 4:15 PM
Week 14 Sunday 12/9/2012 Saints @ Broncos FOX 4:05 PM
Week 17 Sunday 12/30/2012 Chargers @ Broncos CBS 4:15 PM

Smilin Assassin
04-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Saw the same leaked schedule for Baltimore. Hope it's fake as it has us playing them week 12 on a sunday night.

Not sure if I could make that one.

(To answer your question: Go to the Pittsburgh game. That'll be 4 less potential towel wielders)

Archie
04-06-2012, 09:21 PM
It may have felt like we won, after Tebow almost pulled out the win. But, we actually lost that game.

Chiefs game is always good. I think you can pick any one of the games. They will all be good.

Mogulseeker
04-06-2012, 09:49 PM
It may have felt like we won, after Tebow almost pulled out the win. But, we actually lost that game.

Chiefs game is always good. I think you can pick any one of the games. They will all be good.

I'm assuming he went to the game in San Diego, given his name and the fact that there is a ton of Navy in San Diego.

Shananahan
04-06-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm assuming he went to the game in San Diego, given his name and the fact that there is a ton of Navy in San Diego.
Also this part from the very first sentence:

Last year I attended my first ever Broncos game in San Diego

maher_tyler
04-06-2012, 10:36 PM

And his location is San Diego

Dukes
04-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Steelers, Raiders or Chiefs in no particular order.

Br0nc0Buster
04-07-2012, 12:17 AM
that schedule is not accurate

I would recommend attending the season home opener

it will be nuts

BroncoBeavis
04-07-2012, 01:17 AM

That was the game in Denver. We did win the game in San Diego.

Navy Broncos Fan
04-07-2012, 02:23 AM
I would love to attend the home opener just because it would be awesome.
I would love to attend the Steelers game because I know it will be crazy after we beat them last year.
The Raiders would be good because beating them is AWESOME.
My wife likes the idea of the Bucs because she grew up in Tampa.

Anything else cool going on around in the Denver area that people could recommend around certain games so our vacation isn't just a football game.

Dukes
04-07-2012, 05:43 AM
I would love to attend the Steelers game because I know it will be crazy after we beat them last year.

Anything else cool going on around in the Denver area that people could recommend around certain games so our vacation isn't just a football game.

The weather will still very nice in September. October is usually nice but can get cold. Rockies will still be playing in September as well, not sure if they'll be in town though. Even if you're not a baseball fan it's a great game atmosphere and won't break the bank.

MVP-06
04-07-2012, 06:00 AM

I would go Steelers or Bucs over Raiders due to the age of your girls. Language/ intensity more vulgar at the Raider games. As far as other things to do it depends on time of year. Obviously the ski resorts for late games. Breckinridge isn't far at all. Water world I believe stays open until labor day weekend. Pikes Peak is in the springs about an hour south of Denver. It will be closed in the winter though. Hot springs in Glenwood springs west of Denver as well. Just a couple of ideas for ya. Enjoy your trip

Smilin Assassin
04-07-2012, 06:39 AM
that schedule is not accurate

I would recommend attending the season home opener

it will be nuts

Though I admit it's unconfirmed, how do you know if it's accurate?

canadianbroncosfan
04-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Went to my first ever game for the season opener against Oakland last year, it was great except for ****ing Orton :D. Regardless of the loss, it was a total blast. Prime time games seem to be the way to go, especially division rivals.

If the schedule is accurate, make sure you go to the Thursday night game against the Chuggers for week 2.

Blueflame
04-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Once the official schedule comes out, Sassy usually posts a poll in the tailgate subforum and the home game is chosen for "OM Weekend"; usually the first or second week of September. Any time we've made the trip to Denver for OM Weekend, it's been an epic party... it's possible that Meck 77 might even bring OF1.

Mogulseeker
04-07-2012, 03:38 PM

Well, that, too, lol.