PDA

View Full Version : OT: Warren Sapp Broke, Bankrupt, Hocking His SB Ring

Black96WS6
04-06-2012, 04:49 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/06/warren-sapp-broke-super-bowl-ring/

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/04/06/0406-warren-sapp-tmz-1.jpg

According to the docs, Sapp owes more than $6.7 million to various creditors ... including hundreds of thousands of dollars in child support payments and alimony to at least 4 different baby mamas.

TheReverend
04-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Oh Warren...

boltaneer
04-06-2012, 04:52 PM
That's karma for you...

Jesterhole
04-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Man, if you make it to the NFL, just freeze some of your little guys and then get a vasectomy.

Lestat
04-06-2012, 04:55 PM
this somehow doesn't shock me about Sapp. athletes need to learn from MJ,Magic and Tiger. become a brand, have multiple investments and make some serious coin.

Chris
04-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Who snitched?

DENVERDUI55
04-06-2012, 05:01 PM
this somehow doesn't shock me about Sapp. athletes need to learn from MJ,Magic and Tiger. become a brand, have multiple investments and make some serious coin.

Learn to be the best in their sports? Those guys couldn't go broke if they tried.

canadianbroncosfan
04-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Who snitched?

ha-ha nice

Lestat
04-06-2012, 05:06 PM
they could if they spent stupidly and had a trail of baby mama's.
there are plenty of guys who were top tier at their respective sport and the money dried up at the end because they got fooled.

look at TO, he's been one of the top 5 WR's in the game and he's flat busted. by comparison everyone thought Randy Moss would end up like TO and yet he's got many successful business ventures and owns a nascar truck racing team.

just because you make it doesn't mean you know how to expand it and keep it.
Learn to be the best in their sports? Those guys couldn't go broke if they tried.

UberBroncoMan
04-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Not the least bit shocked.

"240 pairs of Jordan sneakers and sandals" - LOOOOOOOOOL

Also, were the rings "lost" or he sold them. If they were not sold I guarantee he's hiding them so they can't be used as payment for his debt.

CEH
04-06-2012, 05:08 PM
We make alot but we spend alot - Patrick Ewing

Requiem
04-06-2012, 05:11 PM
This is the kind of stuff that just boggles my mind. For the last eight years of his career, (I'm not sure how long it actually was) -- Sapp was making over 5 million dollars a year. He makes 45,000 a month now with NFL -- how can he possibly be broke?

DomCasual
04-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Ouch.

Sapp says he also owes $2,858 in medical bills for "Corrective Speech and Language Therapy."

Requiem
04-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Ouch.

I'm not sure if thinking "ebonics" makes me a bad person when I read what you posted.

UberBroncoMan
04-06-2012, 05:26 PM
This is the kind of stuff that just boggles my mind. For the last eight years of his career, (I'm not sure how long it actually was) -- Sapp was making over 5 million dollars a year. He makes 45,000 a month now with NFL -- how can he possibly be broke?

Read the **** he has. Lioness pelt rugs and stuff. Most of these athletes are ****ing idiots with their money. I'd live ****ing amazing in their situation. You can live high-upper class without all the frivolous extravagant **** like jewelry, seven cars, a mansion for 12+ and thoroughly enjoy life.

Archer81
04-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Read the **** he has. Lioness pelt rugs and stuff. Most of these athletes are ****ing idiots with their money. I'd live ****ing amazing in their situation. You can live high-upper class without all the frivolous extravagant **** like jewelry, seven cars, a mansion for 12+ and thoroughly enjoy life.

You have to consider what it would be like to have nearly nothing, and then one day being able to afford anything you want. Its not a surprise when some of these guys go nuts and buy ridiculous things. Its obviously not that way for every poor kid who becomes a rich man, but it seems to happen alot in sports.

I'm not defending Warren Sapp, but going broke when you are a professional athlete can be explained.

:Broncos:

UberBroncoMan
04-06-2012, 05:39 PM
You have to consider what it would be like to have nearly nothing, and then one day being able to afford anything you want. Its not a surprise when some of these guys go nuts and buy ridiculous things. Its obviously not that way for every poor kid who becomes a rich man, but it seems to happen alot in sports.

I'm not defending Warren Sapp, but going broke when you are a professional athlete can be explained.

Oh, I get why it happens.

Requiem
04-06-2012, 05:45 PM

For sure. In my first year of work post school, I probably made 35k -- and it would have been a lot higher had I stayed in the legal field and not moved out here. It isn't a lot, but for a single dude it's awseome. i have been living high off the hog and have several thousand saved up so I can travel and have fun for the next few months now that I'm done with work in a few days.

this retard should never get a credit card again

DENVERDUI55
04-06-2012, 05:46 PM
they could if they spent stupidly and had a trail of baby mama's.
there are plenty of guys who were top tier at their respective sport and the money dried up at the end because they got fooled.

look at TO, he's been one of the top 5 WR's in the game and he's flat busted. by comparison everyone thought Randy Moss would end up like TO and yet he's got many successful business ventures and owns a nascar truck racing team.

just because you make it doesn't mean you know how to expand it and keep it.

Big difference in TO/Moss/stars now VS the top marketing names in the world. Those guys are far from the 100 million dollar a year machine that MJ and Tiger are.

Requiem
04-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Big difference in TO/Moss/stars now VS the top marketing names in the world. Those guys are far from the 100 million dollar a year machine that MJ and Tiger are.

Who cares? Have a beer.

DENVERDUI55
04-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Can he still play DT? Denver could use him.

st.bernard
04-06-2012, 05:57 PM
LMAO
He was a great player, but he is an idiot.

OBF1
04-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Couldn't happen to a more deserving A-hole.

orinjkrush
04-06-2012, 06:01 PM
success is often harder to handle than failure. look at the flame outs in hollywood, politics and so on. plus you got every remote relative in the world lookin for "help".

still, $40 M outta last a lifetime if your fiscal discipline is half what your physical discipline is.

UberBroncoMan
04-06-2012, 06:04 PM
success is often harder to handle than failure. look at the flame outs in hollywood, politics and so on. plus you got every remote relative in the world lookin for "help".

still, $40 M outta last a lifetime if your fiscal discipline is half what your physical discipline is.

I wonder how many people on the forums think your avatar is hot as hell, completely unaware of the truth. Even though it's stated right below it.

Kaylore
04-06-2012, 06:04 PM
How can anyone expect to get by on a mere $540000 a year salary?

orinjkrush
04-06-2012, 06:07 PM
I wonder how many people on the forums think your avatar is hot as hell, completely unaware of the truth. Even though it's stated right below it.

not many understand the byline. but everytime i look at it i am just astounded.

DBroncos4life
04-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Ouch.

I guess thats not offered at the U.

lonestar
04-06-2012, 07:16 PM
I have zero sympathy for these morons..

to be able to spend over 40 mil in his career and still be 7 mil in debt, well beyond my thinking..

Maybe the NFL should keep half of the money they make and invest it for these clowns..
Even in most banks at one percent at this minute, they would at least have something when they retired..

I get the i've been poor all my life and now I'm not mayeb the teams neeed to buy condos for all their mothers. let them pay cash for them, so mom has some where to stay when sonny boy does something stupid..

Crushaholic
04-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Who snitched?

Shockey knows all....

Dedhed
04-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Comparing football to Golf and basketball in terms of endorsement dollars is apples to oranges. Peyton Manning in his entire life has not made what Tiger makes annually from endorsements.

DENVERDUI55
04-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Comparing football to Golf and basketball in terms of endorsement dollars is apples to oranges. Peyton Manning in his entire life has not made what Tiger makes annually from endorsements.

Well you are repeating what I was saying initially because that is what I said in my first post when someone said athletes should learn from MJ or Tiger.

Punisher
04-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Why would you steep low and have multiple baby moms smh

broncosteven
04-06-2012, 08:20 PM
I could understand if he was out of work but the dude is on NFLN and should be making a nice steady paycheck.

Is his SB ring even going to make a dent in that?

4 Baby mammas?

Maybe he should have just said no to all the pot he smoked back when he was book learning in college...

BroncoMan4ever
04-06-2012, 09:31 PM

or just learn to wrap it up before poling skanks, realize you don't need a house that can be shown on cribs, and you don't need 15 cars with rims, and don't buy bling

BroncsCheer
04-06-2012, 09:56 PM
He's a loudmouth meathead raider douchebag - of course I'm glad to see him show his true colors.

I feel bad for the kids.

colorado jones
04-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Chad Clifton is laughing tonight.

Aftermath
04-06-2012, 10:05 PM
LOL Warren Sapp sucks so bad.

Tombstone RJ
04-06-2012, 10:13 PM
so what else is new in the world of overpaid professional athletes?

kappys
04-06-2012, 11:39 PM
WEll for every guy like this there is good old Glenn Cadrez who made a nice career as a back up LB for us and KC and apparently was a savvy real estate investor who made quite a bit of money on that and married a hot playmate. NOt too shabby.

BroncoBeavis
04-07-2012, 01:21 AM
Man, if you make it to the NFL, just freeze some of your little guys and then get a vasectomy.

I see you've read Tim Tebow's book :)

ozomulsion
04-07-2012, 01:35 AM

Lestat is the one who compared T.O. to Tiger & MJ. Alot of his posts make me think he's just trolling, but I think he was serious with that comparison.

cutthemdown
04-07-2012, 02:06 AM
Lestat is the one who compared T.O. to Tiger & MJ. Alot of his posts make me think he's just trolling, but I think he was serious with that comparison.

Well a guy less famous can still follow their plan. Make sure you have a brand that can get some endorsements, make smart moves with your money, and stay rich.

BroncoBuff
04-07-2012, 02:58 AM
I'm so glad this thread title was not a joke. I clicked on it thinking "Please be true! Please be true! Please be true!" This makes my whole weekend ... it's a happy Easter for all members of the Sapp-Haters Club.

I've been a member since 2005 when I joined the Mane (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=837187&highlight=sapp+sherman#post837187).
Kept up my membership, TRIPLED up on my dues in 2006 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=1210542)
Paid my dues again in 2007 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=1680019&highlight=sapp+sherman#post1680019)
Member in good standing in 2008 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=1905595&highlight=sherman+packers+talent#post1905595)
Fast forward, and I paid my dues again just two weeks ago (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3536301&highlight=sapp+sherman#post3536301).

The funniest part is you know that over the years, he's been asked hundreds of times whether he's watching his money. Friends, teammates, agents, family members, coaches, girlfriends, anger management counselors, whomever, he's had literally hundreds of chances to have a professional just look things over and give him a little advice.

But every.single.time.he.was.offered a chance he basically said, "NO! I told you I can handle it!" :cuss:

It's too funny, it really is ... :~ohyah!:

TomServo
04-07-2012, 03:31 AM
So snitches who snitch pay Karma? WooHoo

TomServo
04-07-2012, 03:52 AM
and the tebowners ignorantly complain @ elway needing money. ever wonder why Elway doensnt have to go into the announcers booth like most washed up football jocks? because he sold his car dealership for like $100,000,000 thats why. or like $70,000,000 either way....

UberBroncoMan
04-07-2012, 04:33 AM
and the tebowners ignorantly complain @ elway needing money. ever wonder why Elway doensnt have to go into the announcers booth like most washed up football jocks? because he sold his car dealership for like $100,000,000 thats why. or like $70,000,000 either way....

Yep.

Elway owned five auto dealerships, called John Elway Autos, in the Denver area. He sold them to AutoNation Inc. in 1997 for $82.5 million. In December 2006, Elway ended a nine-year licensing agreement with AutoNation, removing his name from Denver-area dealerships. At the time, Elway said the move could allow him to get back into the auto business under his own name. He still owns two Toyota Scion dealerships, one in Manhattan Beach, California and another in Ontario, California, a Chevrolet dealership in Englewood, Colorado, and a Chrysler Jeep dealership in Greeley, Colorado.

He made bank and he STILL owns dealerships. Dude doesn't need **** for money. He does this because it gives him purpose in life.

Old Dude
04-07-2012, 04:46 AM
What a lousy piece of news for Shockey's lawyers.

Smilin Assassin
04-07-2012, 06:41 AM
He plays DT.

Let's give him a job and help him out....

OBF1
04-07-2012, 10:00 AM
I could understand if he was out of work but the dude is on NFLN and should be making a nice steady paycheck.

Is his SB ring even going to make a dent in that?

4 Baby mammas?

Maybe he should have just said no to all the pot he smoked back when he was book learning in college...

He did attend Miami... nuff said ;D

Archer81
04-07-2012, 10:06 AM
and the tebowners

And this has anything to do with Sapp being broke how?

DenverBrit
04-07-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm so glad this thread title was not a joke. I clicked on it thinking "Please be true! Please be true! Please be true!" This makes my whole weekend ... it's a happy Easter for all members of the Sapp-Haters Club.

I've been a member since 2005 when I joined the Mane (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=837187&highlight=sapp+sherman#post837187).
Kept up my membership, TRIPLED up on my dues in 2006 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=1210542)
Paid my dues again in 2007 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=1680019&highlight=sapp+sherman#post1680019)
Member in good standing in 2008 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=1905595&highlight=sherman+packers+talent#post1905595)
Fast forward, and I paid my dues again just two weeks ago (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3536301&highlight=sapp+sherman#post3536301).

The funniest part is you know that over the years, he's been asked hundreds of times whether he's watching his money. Friends, teammates, agents, family members, coaches, girlfriends, anger management counselors, whomever, he's had literally hundreds of chances to have a professional just look things over and give him a little advice.

But every.single.time.he.was.offered a chance he basically said, "NO! I told you I can handle it!" :cuss:

It's too funny, it really is ... :~ohyah!:

So is your obsession. :wiggle:

briane
04-07-2012, 01:18 PM
He gets paid 45K a month for his cushy network job.....boo hoo....cry me a river.

canadianbroncosfan
04-07-2012, 01:20 PM
He gets paid 45K a month for his cushy network job.....boo hoo....cry me a river.

This is Karma. What a dick he has always been. I remember a few months ago he was laughing about guys that try out for teams and get cut how he would make sure they didn't leave with their practice jersey because they didn't earn the right. He said he made a production about it in the locker room and was laughing his ass off.

BroncoBeavis
04-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Yep.

Elway owned five auto dealerships, called John Elway Autos, in the Denver area. He sold them to AutoNation Inc. in 1997 for $82.5 million. In December 2006, Elway ended a nine-year licensing agreement with AutoNation, removing his name from Denver-area dealerships. At the time, Elway said the move could allow him to get back into the auto business under his own name. He still owns two Toyota Scion dealerships, one in Manhattan Beach, California and another in Ontario, California, a Chevrolet dealership in Englewood, Colorado, and a Chrysler Jeep dealership in Greeley, Colorado.

He made bank and he STILL owns dealerships. Dude doesn't need **** for money. He does this because it gives him purpose in life.

John also got his ass handed to him in a ponzi scheme later on. Not sure how much that took off his hands.

GoBroncos DownUnder
04-07-2012, 10:13 PM
WEll for every guy like this there is good old Glenn Cadrez who made a nice career as a back up LB for us and KC and apparently was a savvy real estate investor who made quite a bit of money on that and married a hot playmate. NOt too shabby.
AND Carson Palmer ... who threatens to retire unless he's traded ... "I've got $30mil saved, I'll be fine!":wiggle:

Tyrell Jones
04-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Warren was good with Tampa.

cutthemdown
04-08-2012, 02:55 PM
What a lousy piece of news for Shockey's lawyers.

I think he just wanted blood, so Shockey probably loving it.

loborugger
04-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Since when has a naked lady painting become an asset? Are there also some velvet Elvis paintings picked up in Tijuana?

broncocalijohn
04-08-2012, 10:11 PM

So 3 cheats and one with Aids while the other 2 paid out hundreds of millions of dollars to their exes. I think there are much better people to learn from that are athletes.

v2micca
04-09-2012, 04:38 AM
So 3 cheats and one with Aids while the other 2 paid out hundreds of millions of dollars to their exes. I think there are much better people to learn from that are athletes.

Just as a point of order. He doesn't have AIDS. He has the HIV virus. Admittedly that is normally as a precursor to AIDS. But, as he has managed it for over a decade now, I believe it deserves the distinction.

Beantown Bronco
04-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Do people still honestly believe that Magic has HIV?

v2micca
04-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Do people still honestly believe that Magic has HIV?

Well, the alternatives are believing he has actively engaged in a decade plus hoax of the American public with no obvious endgame. Or believing that every doctor he has visited for treatment has been incompetent and continued to diagnose him with the disease.

Or you can believe that a fabulously wealthy individual with extensive resources has access to superior treatment options which have allowed him to maintain a higher quality of life than the usual individuals who suffer from HIV.

Occam's Razor.

Rohirrim
04-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Ron White is turning into the philosopher of our times: You can't fix stupid. Ha!

bendog
04-09-2012, 07:44 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/64174112.html

Just picked one at random from Lombardi's teams.

Beantown Bronco
04-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Well, the alternatives are believing he has actively engaged in a decade plus hoax of the American public with no obvious endgame.

There's always an endgame. Think about how people view him now and when he "came out". Instead of being viewed as Tiger Woods, which he essentially is if not worse, he was labelled a hero by the freaking President of the US, the media, everyone. All for having a disease that he got for cheating on his wife. Unreal.

Or believing that every doctor he has visited for treatment has been incompetent and continued to diagnose him with the disease.

Everyone has a reason to lie. Big Pharma is the worst in this regard IMO. Worse than politicians.

Supposedly, he had the disease for years without knowing and neither his wife nor child has it? I know it's technically possible, but it's another big strike IMO.

Or you can believe that a fabulously wealthy individual with extensive resources has access to superior treatment options which have allowed him to maintain a higher quality of life than the usual individuals who suffer from HIV.

Occam's Razor.

He was diagnosed in 91. He reportedly got it in the mid 80s. I don't care what you have access to. You don't go as symptom free as he has for 20+ years, a good deal of which came without any treatment at all, IMO.

DeuceOfClub
04-09-2012, 08:06 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/08/report-sapp-likely-out-at-nfl-network/related/

Looks like that 45k/month will not be there for too long.

ChampJesusBailey
04-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Good, Sapp is a douche and deserves it.

Tombstone RJ
04-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Yah, kind of wierd that Magic never gave the HIV to his wife even though he certainly had ample opportunity to infect her. I wonder if he only wore a rubber when he slept with his wife?

55CrushEm
04-09-2012, 08:27 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/08/report-sapp-likely-out-at-nfl-network/related/

As it should be......the guy flat out sucks on NFL Network. Horrible.

The fact that he makes $540,000 per year to do what he does there......a crime.

broncocalijohn
04-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Just as a point of order. He doesn't have AIDS. He has the HIV virus. Admittedly that is normally as a precursor to AIDS. But, as he has managed it for over a decade now, I believe it deserves the distinction.

After I typed it, I realized the error but didnt change it. You want to distinguish the disease but not the behavior. Next time you correctly point out the error, at least point out that he got either/or because his behavior, while married, was unexcusable. The behavior was my point the whole time and wish I remembered to at least correct the disease. I had a brain fart on what he exactly has and that was the reason I didn't put HIV to begin with.

Chris
04-09-2012, 10:29 AM
As it should be......the guy flat out sucks on NFL Network. Horrible.

The fact that he makes $540,000 per year to do what he does there......a crime.

There are people that make a lot more for a lot less ;)

Bacchus
04-09-2012, 10:51 AM

You're such an angry person.

Bacchus
04-09-2012, 10:53 AM
This is Karma. What a dick he has always been. I remember a few months ago he was laughing about guys that try out for teams and get cut how he would make sure they didn't leave with their practice jersey because they didn't earn the right. He said he made a production about it in the locker room and was laughing his ass off.

He used to beat his women as well.

TheReverend
04-11-2012, 09:02 AM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/TwitterLolz.png

v2micca
04-11-2012, 10:28 AM
After I typed it, I realized the error but didnt change it. You want to distinguish the disease but not the behavior. Next time you correctly point out the error, at least point out that he got either/or because his behavior, while married, was unexcusable. The behavior was my point the whole time and wish I remembered to at least correct the disease. I had a brain fart on what he exactly has and that was the reason I didn't put HIV to begin with.

You want to distinguish the disease by not the behavior? So everyone who got the HIV virus the "wrong" way we can say has AIDS but people who got it the "right" way we can still say have HIV?

Have to strongly disagree with you on this one. You incorrectly identified Magic Johnson's current disease. I pointed it out. I am no obligated to note how he caught said disease simply because it offends your monogamous view-point.

lonestar
04-11-2012, 10:37 AM

Moreover, the fact that NFLN said in the wake of the fiasco that Sapp has been told heís not a reporter but an analyst implied strongly that he hadnít previously been told not to report things he has heard. Indeed, the network happily embraced the fact that Sapp received a text message from former University of Miami teammate Ray Lewis during the season, indicating that Lewis would miss the first of four games with a foot injury.

But thatís the way the league usually operates. No one is fired with fanfare, and the official separation comes after the dust settles.

If thatís what the league-owned network chooses to do with Sapp, thatís fine. But the league-owned network shouldnít have played word games with the public about it, and the league-owned network shouldnít single Sapp out for something that arose from a much broader failure in TV production and sensitivity to potential legal problems.

since this is being reported in a NBC sports venue, it almost sounds like sour grapes.

but then NBC has been a failure in Footbal since they lost the AFC rights to CBS..