PDA

View Full Version : Nick Fairley a good fit in Denver?

Bronco Rob
04-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Nick Fairley a good fit in Denver?

In our AFC West chat earlier Thursday, I was flooded with questions about the possibility of Denver pursuing Detroit defensive tackle Nick Fairley in a trade.

I can see why the question was asked.

FairleyDefensive tackle is Denverís greatest need. Denver vice president John Elway admitted that the Broncos considered packaging several draft choices to nab a falling Fairley during the 2011 draft. Fairley dealt with injuries as a rookie and he didnít make much of an impact. He was arrested this week on marijuana charges.

Again, I get why the question was so popular Thursday. Still, I question if a trade would occur.

The Lionsí coaching staff likes Fairley and it foresees him being part of a dominant front line, so he very likely would be difficult to obtain.

Also, heíd probably be expensive for Denver to get if it wanted him. He was the No. 13 overall pick last season, so Iím sure the Lions would want a first-round pick this year. Would he be worth the No. 25 pick to Denver? Maybe, but again, there would be a lot of obstacles to get over first beginning with the Lions making him available.

I broached the idea with Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. and he didnít see a great fit.

ďIt seems strange to me, as Detroit just used a high draft pick on the guy,Ē Williamson said. ďHe was hurt a lot last year, so I donít think we ever saw the true Fairley. But I do think he is a much better interior pass-rusher than run defender. At the right price, sure, but why would Detroit give up on him so quick? And I think Denver needs more of a run plugger

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/42609/nick-fairley-a-good-fit-in-denver

KipCorrington25
04-05-2012, 08:43 PM
McCheat would trade him for a 2nd... or Lamont Jordan.

DENVERDUI55
04-05-2012, 08:46 PM
That is a story about nothing.

Houshyamama
04-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Puff, puff, pass.

DBroncos4life
04-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Nick Fairley a good fit in Denver?

In our AFC West chat earlier Thursday, I was flooded with questions about the possibility of Denver pursuing Detroit defensive tackle Nick Fairley in a trade.

I can see why the question was asked.

FairleyDefensive tackle is Denverís greatest need. Denver vice president John Elway admitted that the Broncos considered packaging several draft choices to nab a falling Fairley during the 2011 draft. Fairley dealt with injuries as a rookie and he didnít make much of an impact. He was arrested this week on marijuana charges.

Again, I get why the question was so popular Thursday. Still, I question if a trade would occur.

The Lionsí coaching staff likes Fairley and it foresees him being part of a dominant front line, so he very likely would be difficult to obtain.

Also, heíd probably be expensive for Denver to get if it wanted him. He was the No. 13 overall pick last season, so Iím sure the Lions would want a first-round pick this year. Would he be worth the No. 25 pick to Denver? Maybe, but again, there would be a lot of obstacles to get over first beginning with the Lions making him available.

I broached the idea with Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. and he didnít see a great fit.

ďIt seems strange to me, as Detroit just used a high draft pick on the guy,Ē Williamson said. ďHe was hurt a lot last year, so I donít think we ever saw the true Fairley. But I do think he is a much better interior pass-rusher than run defender. At the right price, sure, but why would Detroit give up on him so quick? And I think Denver needs more of a run plugger

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/42609/nick-fairley-a-good-fit-in-denver
Clearly Elway doesn't know that Xanders is charge of all things draft related. Why is Elway commenting on draft day trade rumors.

KevinJames
04-05-2012, 09:42 PM
why when we can draft Jerel Worthy at 25 and get a similar product with less issues off the field a higher motor and more upside?

Ratboy
04-05-2012, 09:59 PM
why when we can draft Jerel Worthy at 25 and get a similar product with less issues off the field a higher motor and more upside?

Get both!

lonestar
04-05-2012, 11:35 PM

why are we even talking about this?

Aftermath
04-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Fairley had an irregular heartbeat last year. The whole boot thing he wore was a coverup. I can't share how I know that but I don't know if he has heart issues or something that could shorten his career.

jhns
04-06-2012, 07:13 AM
He was good for me in the last Madden. I say bring him in!

lolcopter
04-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Well at least he wouldn't get arrested for pot here