PDA

View Full Version : Fluff offseason piece -- good Bailey quotes

JCMElway
04-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Champ Bailey embraces increased expectations following Broncos’ signing of Peyton Manning

NEW YORK – Champ Bailey has warned his Denver Broncos teammates not to waste the “golden opportunity” they have been presented with thanks to the arrival of Peyton Manning.

The 11-time Pro Bowl cornerback believes Manning’s introduction gives the Broncos a genuine chance at challenging for a Super Bowl title, but only if the squad lives up to its potential and starts to adopt a tougher mentality.

The Broncos’ defense was lauded for its efforts in 2011, but Bailey insists his group underperformed at key times and is determined to use his experience to implement positive change during the offseason.

“We did some good things but I don’t want anybody to think we were great by any means,” Bailey told Yahoo! Sports. “We were far from it. There are a lot of young guys who need to grow up and guys like me that need to hold my end as much as possible.”

Ther rest at:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgGk2XcMmh8TfLcLiKSJ.LJDubYF?slug=ro-rogers_champ_bailey_broncos_peyton_manning_040512