PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs suck

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

BMarsh615
12-10-2012, 11:27 PM
What a bad year for the Chiefs to suck for a QB. Thank God they didn't suck this bad last year.

Br0nc0Buster
12-11-2012, 08:14 AM
I am going to laugh when the Chiefs draft another defensive lineman to see all their fans go "Geno wasnt really that good anyways"

Kaylore
12-11-2012, 08:42 AM
I am going to laugh when the Chiefs draft another defensive lineman to see all their fans go "Geno wasnt really that good anyways"

LOL Yeah. That's probably what will happen.

TheReverend
12-11-2012, 12:36 PM

Coincidentally, that's the only path that leads to Geno possibly succeeding.

Bob's your Information Minister
12-11-2012, 02:46 PM

Negative. Clark Hunt will demand a QB.

broncosteven
12-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Negative. Clark Hunt will demand a Striker.

Fixed it for you

sinuous sausage
12-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Negative. Clark Hunt will demand a QB.

not if the prospect of a McD and Cassel reunion presents itself :yayaya:

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-11-2012, 05:22 PM
i herd crazy stories of a time kansas city went to a superbowl and tvs were like showing black and white pictures

broncosteven
12-11-2012, 08:18 PM
i herd crazy stories of a time kansas city went to a superbowl and tvs were like showing black and white pictures

"Nanny and the Professor" and Room 222 hadn't even aired the last time kFc won a SB!

Mod Squad, Ironsides, "Courtship of Eddies Father", Bewitched, Gunsmoke, Dragnet, Adam 12 etc... were the big shows last time kFc had a team at the top of the NFL.

FearLanier
12-11-2012, 08:41 PM
20 more days of Pioli.

December 31st can't come quick enough.

broncosteven
12-11-2012, 08:51 PM
20 more days of Pioli.

December 31st can't come quick enough.

Perception is everything, I am savoring every minute of this year. When Cleveland is dishing out Blowouts you know you hit rock bottom and it can only get better. Romeo is below his career win percentage mark of .350 at .154, how does a team hire a guy with a career win % of .350 and not expect EPIC FAIL?

Here is to hoping they find yet another loser in the Hot Carl/Pioli mold and I hope the new GM keeps Romeo for continuity!

FearLanier
12-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Perception is everything, I am savoring every minute of this year. When Cleveland is dishing out Blowouts you know you hit rock bottom and it can only get better. Romeo is below his career win percentage mark of .350 at .154, how does a team hire a guy with a career win % of .350 and not expect EPIC FAIL?

Here is to hoping they find yet another loser in the Hot Carl/Pioli mold and I hope the new GM keeps Romeo for continuity!

Yawn

broncosteven
12-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Yawn

I hope you wake up in time to see kFc reach for another DT with their 1st pick in the draft!

FearLanier
12-11-2012, 11:42 PM
I hope you wake up in time to see kFc reach for another DT with their 1st pick in the draft!

If by DT you mean QB, then yes.

Durango
12-12-2012, 02:25 AM
Bowe's situation is interesting. He could leave for greener pastures. I doubt they want to franchise him a second time.

Hey, maybe Bowe would like to play for a real team with a real QB. Peyton could use another toy.

Shoot him a few bucks and watch him bolt KC so fast his hamstring will be left dangling on on a lamppost.

cutthemdown
12-12-2012, 03:42 AM
Will the Raiders and Queefs try and lose to each other? I sure hope Charles and Meyers can have good games. What RB doesn't vs the Raiders? If Moreno can get 145 Charles should easily get 100 and a td.

RedskinBronco
12-12-2012, 07:22 AM
On wjfk this morning, the sports junkies were talking about an article where it says some scouts/execs believe there is no true 1st round caliber qb in the upcoming 2013 draft

12-12-2012, 10:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5hWN8.gif

12-12-2012, 10:06 AM
not if the prospect of a McD and Cassel reunion presents itself :yayaya:

No, this is certainly not on the table. Cassel is definitely done in KC. If hell freezes over and Pioli uses some kind of satanic mind control to keep his job, even he will take a QB.

FearLanier
12-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Can't really blame Pioli on Clark. Pioli was a grand slam acquisition to everyone in the league. Everybody thought he was a great hire.

Looks like Clark was bamboozled.

Hell even the NY Giants, one of the best organizations in the NFL, wanted Pioli and made an offer for him to come aboard.

http://web.sny.tv/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070109&content_id=1419024&vkey=11

oubronco
12-12-2012, 06:01 PM

At least that looks better than a Tebow pass

DBroncos4life
12-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Bowe went on the IR, which should all but end his career with the Chiefs.

Tombstone RJ
12-15-2012, 07:06 PM

that's a money ball right there...

FearLanier
12-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Bowe went on the IR, which should all but end his career with the Chiefs.

Not really. He said he wants to stay in KC and we can franchise him again.

Rolandftw
12-15-2012, 10:23 PM
I doubt Bowe gets franchised again, considering the long hold out and the distraction it caused. Not to mention, it's about $11.5 million if they franchise him again, isn't it?

If they draft a QB, makes sense to reach a longterm deal with Bowe though. Worth trying at least.

Far as the QB goes, there isn't a guy that's probably truly a #1 type pick. But KC or whoever is at #1 will convince themselves to take someone #1 (likely Geno). Maybe Tyler Wilson has a monster Senior Bowl, and really impresses teams and ends up being the pick.

Be interesting to see if Clark really has it in him to fire Pioli/Crennel at the end of the year.

FearLanier
12-15-2012, 10:54 PM
I doubt Bowe gets franchised again, considering the long hold out and the distraction it caused. Not to mention, it's about $11.5 million if they franchise him again, isn't it?

If they draft a QB, makes sense to reach a longterm deal with Bowe though. Worth trying at least.

Far as the QB goes, there isn't a guy that's probably truly a #1 type pick. But KC or whoever is at #1 will convince themselves to take someone #1 (likely Geno). Maybe Tyler Wilson has a monster Senior Bowl, and really impresses teams and ends up being the pick.

Be interesting to see if Clark really has it in him to fire Pioli/Crennel at the end of the year.

Bowe wants to stay. He's said so.

As for the QB debate, I'm still laughing at scouts for their funny takes. They did the same thing in 2005. 2004 was an elite class and they didn't rate the next QB class very high, and neither did teams as this QB fell on draft day. That QB was Aaron Rodgers and he is a better QB now than the entire 2004 class. Just goes to show you never know.

Geno isn't a generational QB, but he is a guy you can build a franchise around. He's accuracy is incredible, he rarely turned the ball over all 3 years, he played in 2 systems and played extremely well, he has a very quick release, he's a very smart kid who is a perfectionist and is said to have a very good football IQ and his pocket presence is extremely good.

I like this Glennon kid too. Reminds me a lot of Matt Ryan (his coach, who was Ryan's coach at BC, made this comparison too).
He has great size (6'6" 332 lbs), an extremely strong arm, said to have a really high football IQ and did a great job despite having horrible WR's and a bad coach. If he was at USC this year, I think he would have had 4,000+ passing yards, 40+ TD's and a 60% or better completion percentage.

Rolandftw
12-16-2012, 01:00 AM
Well, Bowe is playing the high road. After hearing all the talk about how he didn't want to play in KC, and was looking to leave after the year, he just wanted to set the record straight.

KC still has to give a fair market offer for it to happen. Maybe if a new GM comes in, that will happen. Doubt it happens with Pioli, if he does stay another year.

Really not sold on any of the QB's but someone will separate themselves from the pack and if KC is at #1, they should get a good QB (assuming Pioli is gone, otherwise say hello to Bennie Logan)

broncosteven
12-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Dustin Colquit is the best player on kFc.

broncosteven
12-16-2012, 04:31 PM
4th and goal and Lilja wouldn't snap the ball! Not that they were going to score but it was the funniest delay of game ever! kFc is so bad they need to create a new word to describe it.

12-16-2012, 06:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GK1ts.gif

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-16-2012, 06:26 PM
so kfc is going to draft a back up qb with their pick . thats just sooper dooper

Rolandftw
12-16-2012, 06:34 PM
Chief fans hoping for the tanking to continue should hope for New England to lose tonight. If New England has the #2 seed locked up, before game time of Kc at Denver, there isn't going to be much incentive for Denver to win

Still, not sure Denver would lose even if they start Brock

FearLanier
12-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Chief fans hoping for the tanking to continue should hope for New England to lose tonight. If New England has the #2 seed locked up, before game time of Kc at Denver, there isn't going to be much incentive for Denver to win

Still, not sure Denver would lose even if they start Brock

You guys would still win. Without Bowe, KC has no offense except Charles.

I think Manning and the starters will play for a quarter or so.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-16-2012, 07:01 PM

If SF wins they will play

Rolandftw
12-16-2012, 07:10 PM

Maybe. Maybe not. Hard to say. It'd certainly be a better chance for KC to win at least.

Hoping the Niners win tonight, though and the issue is moot

FearLanier
12-16-2012, 07:26 PM
I think Manning will still have the starters play for a bit regardless of what happens in NE tonight.

You guys are on a roll and the streak is there but not playing at all can hurt teams in the playoffs. We've seen it before.

I think Manning would approach it like a 3rd preseason game. Play for a quarter of two.

Rolandftw
12-16-2012, 07:30 PM
I think Manning will still have the starters play for a bit regardless of what happens in NE tonight.

You guys are on a roll and the streak is there but not playing at all can hurt teams in the playoffs. We've seen it before.

I think Manning would approach it like a 3rd preseason game. Play for a quarter of two.

I think they'd play for a series, not much more. Certainly anyone that was questionable with injuries would sit out. We've seen teams win titles when they rested players, and we've seen teams lose in the playoffs when they don't rest anyone

Bronco Rob
12-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Chiefs’ Brandon Flowers “not too worried about Peyton Manning”

Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers doesn’t think Peyton Manning’s arrival in Denver makes the Broncos the favorites in the AFC West.

“Peyton Manning, he’s a quarterback that everyone wants to have,” Flowers said. “He’s not going to turn the ball over, he’s not going to make critical mistakes. But I’m going out there saying if my man can’t get open, he won’t have no one to throw the ball to. So as long as I do my part, we’re not too worried about Peyton Manning.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/15/chiefs-brandon-flowers-not-too-worried-about-peyton-manning/

Pick Six
12-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Chiefs’ Brandon Flowers “not too worried about Peyton Manning”

Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers doesn’t think Peyton Manning’s arrival in Denver makes the Broncos the favorites in the AFC West.

“Peyton Manning, he’s a quarterback that everyone wants to have,” Flowers said. “He’s not going to turn the ball over, he’s not going to make critical mistakes. But I’m going out there saying if my man can’t get open, he won’t have no one to throw the ball to. So as long as I do my part, we’re not too worried about Peyton Manning.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/15/chiefs-brandon-flowers-not-too-worried-about-peyton-manning/

Ah, yes. I LOVE reading articles predicting that the Chiefs would win the West...:rofl:

Fedaykin
12-18-2012, 12:39 AM
10 net rushing yards. EPIC

Tombstone RJ
12-18-2012, 10:25 AM
I wonder if Bowe really wants to stay in kc. He's probably tired of the circus and wants to play of a winner. I can see him in orange and blue. Move Decker into the slot.

booyah.

Bronco Rob
12-18-2012, 11:51 AM
I wonder if Bowe really wants to stay in kc. He's probably tired of the circus and wants to play of a winner. I can see him in orange and blue. Move Decker into the slot.

booyah.

Pioli and Bowe do not get along since he was not one of his selections among other reasons. Scotty thought he could get rid of deeboo by drafting Baldwin.

broncosteven
12-18-2012, 08:54 PM
I just found this Mock Draft and this guy has kFc taking an OT 1st because he doesn't feel the QB prospects this draft are worth taking!

Actually I would be more worried about kFc making a trade for Flynn and hitting on him than I would if they took a QB in the draft.

So glad kFc and Oakland have high picks this year.

FearLanier
12-18-2012, 09:05 PM
I just found this Mock Draft and this guy has kFc taking an OT 1st because he doesn't feel the QB prospects this draft are worth taking!

Actually I would be more worried about kFc making a trade for Flynn and hitting on him than I would if they took a QB in the draft.

Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson both look like they are going to be very good QB's. Would love to have either one of them.

I would take Geno over a lot of 1st round QB's in the last 10 years. He is a smart young man who is driven.

Pick Six
12-18-2012, 10:24 PM

A better offensive line would make the current kFc quarterbacks better...

broncosteven
12-18-2012, 10:28 PM
A better offensive line would make the current kFc quarterbacks better...

Quinn has always been a streaky passer, he is way to inconsistent to win games at the NFL level, I can't remember Quinn put one ball up deep this year.

Cassell can look very good in spots but he turns the ball over way too much. I think a better OL would help him out. I think Quinn is a lost cause and he better be thinking about life after football, maybe he can stick around and do play by play for kFc local news or something, it is not like they have anyone after Len Dawson to go to down there.

Also the WR's not dropping balls that hit them in their hands would help too

FearLanier
12-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Quinn has always been a streaky passer, he is way to inconsistent to win games at the NFL level, I can't remember Quinn put one ball up deep this year.

Cassell can look very good in spots but he turns the ball over way too much. I think a better OL would help him out. I think Quinn is a lost cause and he better be thinking about life after football, maybe he can stick around and do play by play for kFc local news or something, it is not like they have anyone after Len Dawson to go to down there.

Also the WR's not dropping balls that hit them in their hands would help too

Nah we got Trent Green. He was made for the media.

bronco militia
12-20-2012, 03:58 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/kccookies-450x600.jpg

Via @NAWTADIGM comes this photo snapped at a Kansas City Chiefs tailgate where a fan is serving his fellow downtrodden friends cookies made to look like poop. It’s like the usual sh*t-eating experience of rooting for the Chiefs, only in literal and edible form. Don’t be shy, Chiefs fans. Even if the cookies might be coiled in a way that they look a little bit too much like pretzels, the texture looks remarkably turd-like. Truly, KC fans have eaten enough crap to know the genuine article.

Read more: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2012/12/chiefs-cookies-accurately-simulate-chiefs-fandom.html#ixzz2FdSzlSJb

broncosteven
12-22-2012, 09:14 PM
This week kFc gets to play the team they hope to be next year. The Colts had the top pick in the draft last year and parlayed that into a great draft that produced multiple starters at need positions.

The Colts not only hit in the draft but by retooling their coaching staff they have been able to weather the storm of losing their HC for most of the season. NO lost their HC for the season and weren't deep enough to stay in the playoff hunt.

Is it likely that kFc will be able to find a GM, HC and staff, QB, and fill other positions of need in one offseason? I don't see the talent in this draft for them to pull it off. I really think it is more likely they miss on a GM, reach on a QB, and don't find a HC who has the ability to develop a rookie QB.

Personally I think kFc is needs to give Romeo and Pilioi a couple more years to build a team in their image, after all Romeo has one Winning season in his career, he is bound to hit on one eventually.

TheReverend
12-22-2012, 09:22 PM
This week kFc gets to play the team they hope to be next year. The Colts had the top pick in the draft last year and parlayed that into a great draft that produced multiple starters at need positions.

The Colts not only hit in the draft but by retooling their coaching staff they have been able to weather the storm of losing their HC for most of the season. NO lost their HC for the season and weren't deep enough to stay in the playoff hunt.

Is it likely that kFc will be able to find a GM, HC and staff, QB, and fill other positions of need in one offseason? I don't see the talent in this draft for them to pull it off. I really think it is more likely they miss on a GM, reach on a QB, and don't find a HC who has the ability to develop a rookie QB.

Personally I think kFc is needs to give Romeo and Pilioi a couple more years to build a team in their image, after all Romeo has one Winning season in his career, he is bound to hit on one eventually.

I wonder if they make a hard play for Arians.

Kaylore
12-22-2012, 09:25 PM
This is probably the greatest thread I've ever started. I knew they sucked, but the worst team in all of football? How awesome was that?

12-22-2012, 10:16 PM
The sad thing is there are idiot Chiefs fans who still believe guys like Dexter McCluster, Jon Baldwin, Tyson Jackson, etc are good players.

They think it's all leadership's fault.

No.

There are a few good pieces on each side of the ball but the roster is very average top to bottom and having no QB, no HC and an overall dark cloud hanging over the franchise drags it down even worse.

FearLanier
12-22-2012, 10:28 PM
The sad thing is there are idiot Chiefs fans who still believe guys like Dexter McCluster, Jon Baldwin, Tyson Jackson, etc are good players.

They think it's all leadership's fault.

No.

There are a few good pieces on each side of the ball but the roster is very average top to bottom and having no QB, no HC and an overall dark cloud hanging over the franchise drags it down even worse.

I'd like to see what those players can do with a good coach in the right system. Also a QB would see what they are capable of, especially Baldwin.

12-22-2012, 10:42 PM
I've had this debate over and over on CP.

Baldwin isn't good. Nor is McCluster. Other WR have produced with Cassel under center. Last season both Breaston AND Bowe were productive players.

Baldwin is a ghost. He played 40 snaps last week and didn't catch 1 pass. McCluster's dumpoff catches, that almost never go for first downs, are hilariously inept. He's done less with more touches than any NFL player I've seen in a long time.

The roster needs fixing and so does the leadership. We'll probably need two good drafts before we're a legit playoff contender, provided Bowe, Breaston and Albert are all back and Geno is the answer at QB.

I can see the team being competitive next season if Geno has a good rookie year.

FearLanier
12-23-2012, 12:03 AM
I've had this debate over and over on CP.

Baldwin isn't good. Nor is McCluster. Other WR have produced with Cassel under center. Last season both Breaston AND Bowe were productive players.

Baldwin is a ghost. He played 40 snaps last week and didn't catch 1 pass. McCluster's dumpoff catches, that almost never go for first downs, are hilariously inept. He's done less with more touches than any NFL player I've seen in a long time.

The roster needs fixing and so does the leadership. We'll probably need two good drafts before we're a legit playoff contender, provided Bowe, Breaston and Albert are all back and Geno is the answer at QB.

I can see the team being competitive next season if Geno has a good rookie year.

Agree with everything but Geno. I like him, but I think Wilson will be better.

Kaylore
12-23-2012, 08:57 AM
All the QB's next draft class are pretty crappy. Every single one of them is flawed or a project.

colorado jones
12-23-2012, 09:14 AM
I just had explosive diarrhea. It reminded me that I hadn't posted in this thread lately.

Chiefs suck.

broncosteven
12-23-2012, 12:03 PM
I wonder if they make a hard play for Arians.

I was wondering how Indy is going to handle that situation, is Arians going to be content going back a coordinator role or would he want to take over his own team?

broncosteven
12-23-2012, 12:04 PM
I just had explosive diarrhea. It reminded me that I hadn't posted in this thread lately.

Chiefs suck.

I am betting you at least hit the toilet any of the kFc QB's would have missed it wide or 10 yards over the head.

FearLanier
12-23-2012, 04:14 PM
All the QB's next draft class are pretty crappy. Every single one of them is flawed or a project.

Not true. I would easily take Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson over several of the top ranked QB's in the last few years (not counting RG3 or Luck).

Everyone says these QB's suck because they aren't generational QB's. This class has suffered from horrible coaching and a serious lack of team talent.

But QB's are honestly a crap shoot.

Armchair Bronco
12-23-2012, 05:08 PM
They need to get Marty Schottenheimer to come out of retirement. Then everything will be fine and they can "go get the gleam".

12-23-2012, 05:15 PM
One step closer to Chocolate Pain.

Please, please, please beat the **** out of us next week.

12-23-2012, 05:15 PM

Geno is no more of a project than RGIII or Russell Wilson were.

He'll start for the Chiefs day 1 next season.

winstoncup bronco
12-23-2012, 05:16 PM
They need to get Marty Schottenheimer to come out of retirement. Then everything will be fine and they can "go get the gleam".

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qhjprz1TNjI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oubronco
12-23-2012, 05:22 PM

Brady Medicine Quinn is your QB of the future

12-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Brady Medicine Quinn is your QB of the future

Nope. We will have 3 new QBs next season.

broncosteven
12-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Nope. We will have 3 new QBs next season.

I thought you were developing Stanzi?

Rocket 7
12-23-2012, 07:18 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/dipsomaniac1/chiefssuck.png

Heyneck
12-23-2012, 07:33 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/dipsomaniac1/chiefssuck.png

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2012/12/21/70cbc9c7-7e51-48cd-ae0f-c45bdcb1577a.gif

FearLanier
12-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Chiefs rushed from 350 yards and the defense held the Colts to 13 points while our QB gave them a free TD and our coaches made horrible adjustments.

Further proof that a decent QB and HC make this team significantly better.

SoCalBronco
12-23-2012, 07:50 PM
One step closer to Chocolate Pain.

Please, please, please beat the **** out of us next week.

:rofl: "Chocolate Pain".

Looks like Bob found his new LJ. I feel bad for Bob, though. He's going to go nuts when the Chiefs dont use their first pick on him..or second or third either. He's not a 1st round QB, Bob. He's not a QB version of Larry Johnson...let it go (that's probably a compliment to Geno, as very few people are as thuggish as LJ).

broncosteven
12-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Chiefs rushed from 350 yards and the defense held the Colts to 13 points while our QB gave them a free TD and our coaches made horrible adjustments.

Further proof that a decent QB and HC make this team significantly better.

You forgot about the INT Quinn threw at the other end taking away at least a FG.

Sure a QB who can game manage would make you guys a 7-9 team but without addressing all the other positions and a HC who knows how to manage a game you won't be looking at the playoffs. Why do you go for it on 4th down with the game tied when you can kick a FG?

FearLanier
12-23-2012, 09:28 PM
You forgot about the INT Quinn threw at the other end taking away at least a FG.

Sure a QB who can game manage would make you guys a 7-9 team but without addressing all the other positions and a HC who knows how to manage a game you won't be looking at the playoffs. Why do you go for it on 4th down with the game tied when you can kick a FG?

http://blogimages.thescore.com/nfl/files/2012/08/Smiling.jpg

KipCorrington25
12-23-2012, 09:42 PM
I want to see them bring Goonther back again! That would be par for the course for that franchise.

Kaylore
12-23-2012, 10:26 PM

:thumbs: Please do so. Good luck with that.

12-23-2012, 11:21 PM
:rofl: "Chocolate Pain".

Looks like Bob found his new LJ. I feel bad for Bob, though. He's going to go nuts when the Chiefs dont use their first pick on him..or second or third either. He's not a 1st round QB, Bob. He's not a QB version of Larry Johnson...let it go (that's probably a compliment to Geno, as very few people are as thuggish as LJ).

Just curious what you think he lacks.

Has arm strength, accuracy, smarts, mobility, football geek who has played in two different systems, throws a great deep ball, very quick release and outstanding mechanics, not turnover prone, doesn't take sacks, had amazing numbers against top competition this year...

What gives?

Pass is...IN-COM-PLETE!
12-24-2012, 03:33 AM
Just because you wish for something, it doesn't mean it's going to happen.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3502179&postcount=1

According to Adam Schefter, Scott Pioli is not even one of the top four GM candidates to be fired.

And who even knows which QB or prospect will be at the top of the draft board once it plays itself out. Going by history, QB will probably go No. 1, weak class or not. But I am going to laugh if Tyler Wilson ends up becoming the top QB prospect and seeing Queef fans try to rationalize and sell a guy they didn't even want.

You're 2-13 and there's nothing to brag about here. New/old management could still screw up the pick. Here's hoping the Queefs draft somebody equivalent to this group >>>>>>> George, Maryland, Emtman, Wilkinson, Carter, Keyshawn, Couch, Courtney Brown, Carr, Palmer (no playoff wins), JaMarcus, Bradford (Joey Harrington II).

12-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Doesn't matter, he will be fired on Dec. 31.

It's already in motion.

Pass is...IN-COM-PLETE!
12-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Doesn't matter, he will be fired on Dec. 31.

It's already in motion.

Still doesn't mean new management will 1. hit the pick or 2. agree with your No. 1 preference of Smith.

2-13. That is who you are.

razorwire77
12-30-2012, 09:21 AM
@JasonColeYahoo: Heard from a league source that Scott Pioli will survive in KC, but only with significant changes (new coach,QB).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/30/chatter-increases-that-pioli-could-be-back-in-kansas-city/

an Rapoport ‏@RapSheet Hearing this, too. RT @AlbertBreer: If Pioli gets another chance in KC, it could be w/the coach he wanted all along - Kirk Ferentz.

Lots of smoke about Pioli surviving next year, firing Romeo, and hiring (wait for it, wait for it)

Kirk Ferentz

ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!

broncosteven
12-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Good luck to all the kFc fans on their Super Bowl today.

I hope you guys get to watch it past the 2nd quarter before turning off your TV's in disgust and flopping around on your sisters, fixing your Camero's or getting your Mullets trimmed.

Tombstone RJ
12-30-2012, 09:27 AM
@JasonColeYahoo: Heard from a league source that Scott Pioli will survive in KC, but only with significant changes (new coach,QB).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/30/chatter-increases-that-pioli-could-be-back-in-kansas-city/

an Rapoport ‏@RapSheet Hearing this, too. RT @AlbertBreer: If Pioli gets another chance in KC, it could be w/the coach he wanted all along - Kirk Ferentz.

Lots of smoke about Pioli surviving next year, firing Romeo, and hiring (wait for it, wait for it)

Kirk Ferentz

ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!

^5

Kaylore
12-30-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm going to laugh when Pioli is retained and they Draft an offensive tackle first overall.

razorwire77
12-30-2012, 10:01 AM
An offensive tackle, or a DT from LSU. Then they will panic and take Landry Jones at the top of the 2nd round when all of the other QB's are off the board.

FearLanier
12-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Pioli is trying to sell Clark on a college coach whose team is 4-8 and they've lost 6 straight?

If this happens, I'm giving up my fan hood. Surely Clark isn't this stupid.

Still think Pioli is gone.

broncosteven
12-30-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm going to laugh when Pioli is retained and they Draft an offensive tackle first overall.

But don't they have a pro bowl LT already?

Tim
12-30-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm hoping for pioli, and Alex smith in kc next year. I'd like geno to get drafted by them as well cause I don't think he will do much in the big leagues

R-Mac
12-30-2012, 12:15 PM
The Chiefs will draft Mike Glennon 1st overall.

FearLanier
12-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Schefter saying he thinks Pioli is gone. It will be done.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-30-2012, 12:28 PM

Kirk Ferentz

ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!

This is hilarious.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-30-2012, 12:29 PM
The Chiefs will draft Mike Glennon 1st overall.

I was saying this before. But not 1st. Pioli loves him. I could see a trade down or getting him early 2nd.

R-Mac
12-30-2012, 12:47 PM
I was saying this before. But not 1st. Pioli loves him. I could see a trade down or getting him early 2nd.

I think Glennon will be compared to Matt Ryan, and Tom O'Brien will give his endorsement. Good kid, clean off the field, prototypical QB, throws a pretty ball, pro-style offense. The Chiefs need a QB, and the GM (Pioli or a new guy) will see how the Falcons did the right thing when they chose Matt Ryan instead of a safer prospect in the top 5.

fontaine
12-30-2012, 01:02 PM
I just think it's hilarious that while Crennel is going to get fired at the end of this season, his defense did enough last season to prevent KC from getting Luck or RGIII.

Ten years from now while the chiefs still suck and Luck/RGIII have probably won multiple playoff games, chef fans can look back on Romeo and know his team sucked hard but didn't suck hard at the right time.

KC will be drafting QB again in a few years.

R-Mac
12-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Well, the Chiefs could have drafted Russell Wilson.

razorwire77
12-30-2012, 01:14 PM
This is hilarious.

So hilarious. He would get fired from Iowa, but the school doesn't have the money to buy him out.

Pioli + Ferentz + DT from LSU + trade for Alex Smith = Championship football team.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-30-2012, 01:32 PM
I think Glennon will be compared to Matt Ryan, and Tom O'Brien will give his endorsement. Good kid, clean off the field, prototypical QB, throws a pretty ball, pro-style offense. The Chiefs need a QB, and the GM (Pioli or a new guy) will see how the Falcons did the right thing when they chose Matt Ryan instead of a safer prospect in the top 5.

I could see Mularkey taking him for the jags. Glennon should move up boards as the draft gets closer

broncosteven
12-30-2012, 05:07 PM
kFc fans, your team is on the clock.

Heyneck
12-30-2012, 05:54 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/30/chiefs-scott-pioli-job-safe/?sct=uk_t2_a10

hahahahahaha

DBroncos4life
12-30-2012, 06:37 PM
I feel bad for Crennel. He wasn't able to keep up his .300 winning percentage after all. On a side note does anyone think he joins the Pats staff this off season?

brncs_fan
12-30-2012, 06:49 PM
The Chiefs finish with a winning percentage of 12%.

DENVERDUI55
12-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Where are you at KCPUD? You had so many awful wrong predictions it isn't even funny.

DBroncos4life
12-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Where are you at KCPUD? You had so many awful wrong predictions it isn't even funny.

He got himself banned on purpose so he didn't have to deal with this.

24champ
12-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Maybe the chiefs can sign tony romo.LOL

brncs_fan
12-30-2012, 07:07 PM
That's right. The KC Chiefs suck.
Correct
Your QB is garbage.
Correct
Your "Mastermind" GM is a paranoid legend in his own mind who tries to teach people literally using pieces of garbage as props.
Correct
Your coach is a fat, incomprehensible jabba-the-hutt of football without the savvy or killer instinct.
Correct
I have never seen, on TV or otherwise, the Chiefs <s>win</s> be competitive in a playoff game. I didn't watch the game from 93.
Still Correct
In conclusion, the Chiefs suck.
Yep.
Thank you for your time.
No...thank you.

Agamemnon
12-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Maybe the chiefs can sign tony romo.LOL

They'd jump on that **** so quick they'd get whiplash...

mwill07
12-30-2012, 07:22 PM

man, I would pay money to see his meltdown via trailer park-web cam.

12-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

Next stop: Geno Rapes Broncos City

Punisher
12-30-2012, 07:45 PM

"I would stop at nothing to STAY ON TOP!"
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3zAOF-92I3U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncosteven
12-30-2012, 08:10 PM

Next stop: Geno Rapes Broncos City, after taking 5 years of sitting behind Matt Cassell, you know, to develop and stuff.

Fixed it for you

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-30-2012, 08:40 PM
He got himself banned on purpose so he didn't have to deal with this.

He really fell apart. Went into a full blown hissy fit meltdown in the game thread. What will be even more hilarious is if Pioli keeps his job.

troya900
12-30-2012, 08:42 PM

Ha!:spit: You're gonna be stuck with Pioli next year. :spit:!Booya!

FearLanier
12-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Well, time to do what the rest of Chiefs fans (the good one's at least) do when the Chiefs miss the playoffs....it's Jayhawk time.

Thank God for the Jayhawks. The one true team KC can rely on.

DBroncos4life
12-30-2012, 08:49 PM
He really fell apart. Went into a full blown hissy fit meltdown in the game thread. What will be even more hilarious is if Pioli keeps his job.

It was fun watching him do his mating call. LOL

KipCorrington25
12-30-2012, 08:58 PM
The Chiefs finish with a winning percentage of 12%.

Which coincidentally is the literacy rate in Missouri.

Kaylore
12-30-2012, 09:02 PM
The best part is Pioli is going to be retained.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 09:06 PM

Ha!

12-30-2012, 09:39 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/564621_579373468746459_1941703144_n.jpg

12-30-2012, 09:39 PM
The best part is Pioli is going to be retained.

No he's not. The credible reporters, La Canfora and Schefter, are reporting that he is likely out.

12-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Fixed it for you

Nope. Whoever we draft starts game one.

Cassel will be cut, traded or commit seppuku. Even if Pioli is retained, Cassel is done for sure.

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 12:00 AM

Cassel will be cut, traded or commit seppuku. Even if Pioli is retained, Cassel is done for sure.

He will be lost for the 1st half of the season, if he doesnt start getting better in the 2nd half of 2013 your doomed. This is all speculating under the assumption Pioli does not decide to draft a Tackle, Center or DT to short up his OL and DL 1st!

Good luck sweating out the next 4 months!

SoCalBronco
12-31-2012, 12:13 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/564621_579373468746459_1941703144_n.jpg

Bob you have a woman's hands. Also what's with the tattoos..that's trashy dude.

Agamemnon
12-31-2012, 01:28 AM

Hilarious!

Agamemnon
12-31-2012, 01:29 AM

You're honestly expecting Geno Smith to pull an RGIII aren't you? God you are such a retard...

Kaylore
12-31-2012, 09:24 AM
No he's not. The credible reporters, La Canfora and Schefter, are reporting that he is likely out.

http://images.intomobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/o-rly-putin1.jpg

Tim
12-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Crennel got fired and pioli is safe.Hilarious!

razorwire77
12-31-2012, 10:53 AM
LOL! It looks like Clark and coach TBD will get together and decide whether or not to fire Pioli together. Clark Hunt needs to drop his nutsack and make a decision.

Kaylore
12-31-2012, 11:29 AM
What an idiotic franchise. So Clark is going to hire the coach and then have the coach help him decide if he wants to keep Pioli? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 11:59 AM
What an idiotic franchise. So Clark is going to hire the coach and then have the coach help him decide if he wants to keep Pioli? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

LOL team in disarray, I sure Hope Pioli hoses up their draft for them this year.

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2012, 12:01 PM

not if the coach is Ferentz. It's all part of the master plan.

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2012, 12:02 PM
LOL team in disarray, I sure Hope Pioli hoses up their draft for them this year.

I bet there's a defensive lineman from LSU that Pioli has his eye on...

Bronco Yoda
12-31-2012, 12:02 PM
Go Pioli.... LMFAO!!!!!

Good to see the Chefs will stay down in the cellar.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-31-2012, 12:12 PM
You're honestly expecting Geno Smith to pull an RGIII aren't you? God you are such a retard...

oh let the poor boy believe what he wants .dont ruin his fantasies its like telling a child santa isnt real. oops sorry bob
bob Santa is real and 2013 draft has a rgIII like qb in the draft.
i was just kidding about Santa and this years draft

broncocalijohn
12-31-2012, 12:28 PM

So of all the morons that love the Chiefs, we actually get one of the few that can read with KC Dud? We really got the short end of the troll stick.

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 12:34 PM
I bet there's a defensive lineman from LSU that Pioli has his eye on...

Well when you look at this years draft trading down and trying to stock pile picks wouldn't be a bad idea, they could get a top LT, move their avg LT to RT, then still be able to move up if they want to get one of the questionable QB's in this draft.

They need to draft a C, G, T, shortyardage RB/FB, 2-3 WR's, TE, DT, DE, LB, 2 CB's, and a Safety.

Fact is whoever comes in is going to want to rotate the compost pile and bring in his guys.

Wouldn't be stupid to trade out of #1 pick and stock pile some picks.

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 12:38 PM
From what Clark said in his statement this morning, he has completely and utterly stripped Pioli naked of all of his powers.

Clark is doing this by himself. In his statement after Haley was fired, Clark stated "We are going to go in a new direction". Today he is saying "I am going in a new direction for the answer".

Sounds like he's looking for a new HC to have power much like Shannahan did here and Belichik does in New England.

Many have speculated that Andy Reid is a guy who would be that coach. Mark Donovan, our business operations/communications President, was in Philly with Reid, so the connection is definitely there.

Dirk Koetter is another guy. Clark is meeting with him in Atlanta tomorrow. Apparently Koetter was a guy that John Elway really liked and almost hired over John Fox?

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2012, 12:44 PM
From what Clark said in his statement this morning, he has completely and utterly stripped Pioli naked of all of his powers.

Clark is doing this by himself. In his statement after Haley was fired, Clark stated "We are going to go in a new direction". Today he is saying "I am going in a new direction for the answer".

Sounds like he's looking for a new HC to have power much like Shannahan did here and Belichik does in New England.

Many have speculated that Andy Reid is a guy who would be that coach. Mark Donovan, our business operations/communications President, was in Philly with Reid, so the connection is definitely there.

Dirk Koetter is another guy. Clark is meeting with him in Atlanta tomorrow. Apparently Koetter was a guy that John Elway really liked and almost hired over John Fox?

This makes no sense at all.

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 12:47 PM
Well when you look at this years draft trading down and trying to stock pile picks wouldn't be a bad idea, they could get a top LT, move their avg LT to RT, then still be able to move up if they want to get one of the questionable QB's in this draft.

They need to draft a C, G, T, shortyardage RB/FB, 2-3 WR's, TE, DT, DE, LB, 2 CB's, and a Safety.

Fact is whoever comes in is going to want to rotate the compost pile and bring in his guys.

Albert is a top 10 LT. He's given up only 5 sacks in the last 2 seasons. He's well above average. And the Chiefs drafted the most decorated OL in Florida State history in Rodney Hudson to play Center, so it's not a big need like you claim it is. We need to see what he has.

And we only need 1 CB. Flowers had another good season this year.

And who is going to trade up? And for what player? Luke Joekel is the only player I can think of for trade bait, but not even he's a certainty.

Kaylore
12-31-2012, 12:49 PM

This would be incredibly stupid and equally awesome news. If Hunt moves to an antiquated model that has been proven to not work for more than ten years, I am all aboard the fail boat!

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Albert is a top 10 LT. He's given up only 5 sacks in the last 2 seasons. He's well above average. And the Chiefs drafted the most decorated OL in Florida State history in Rodney Hudson to play Center, so it's not a big need like you claim it is. We need to see what he has.

And we only need 1 CB. Flowers had another good season this year.

And who is going to trade up? And for what player? Luke Joekel is the only player I can think of for trade bait, but not even he's a certainty.

I meant CB wise that kFc needs a 2nd CB and a Nickel. Flowers is OK.

You guys think if you draft a QB the new HC will plug him in and go, fact is that unless the new regime is as patient as Elway and Fox were in year one using the 1st year to evaluate what they had on the roster, it is more likely there will be a mass purge as the new regime brings in their guys starting year one.

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 12:53 PM
This makes no sense at all.

Pioli has no power to do anything anymore and Clark wants a HC to make all the personnel decisions.

Clark is giving all the power to the new HC. He just said the new HC will report directly to him, NOT Pioli.

Pioli is basically Milton from Office Space now ROFL!

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 12:56 PM
This would be incredibly stupid and equally awesome news. If Hunt moves to an antiquated model that has been proven to not work for more than ten years, I am all aboard the fail boat!

It sure seems to be working well for New England. St. Louis is essentially doing the same thing with Jeff Fisher and that seems to be going well. Harbaugh essentially has that same power in SF too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The most important addition to the Chiefs is not the GM or QB. It's the HC. A quality HC changes everything.

SoCalBronco
12-31-2012, 12:59 PM
So if Pioli has no power what would be the point of keeping him other than avoiding paying his buyout?

Kaylore
12-31-2012, 01:01 PM
It sure seems to be working well for New England. St. Louis is essentially doing the same thing with Jeff Fisher and that seems to be going well. Harbaugh essentially has that same power in SF too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The most important addition to the Chiefs is not the GM or QB. It's the HC. A quality HC changes everything.

No.

Just....no.

Harbaugh isn't the GM. Neither is Fisher. So you have Bill Belichick as your only example.

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 01:02 PM
It sure seems to be working well for New England.

Brady and Belly are working well for NE. Pats just cut Ron Brace, they are starting to miss on picks, they had a big D based draft to shore it up this year and they had to pick up other team's trash midseason to fill out their DB's. The cracks are there and beginning to show, once they lose a guy like Brady or their NT belly will be in the same boat Shanny was in for his last couple 3 years in Denver.

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 01:07 PM
No.

Just....no.

Harbaugh isn't the GM. Neither is Fisher. So you have Bill Belichick as your only example.

Jeff Fisher has absolute power in St. Louis. He's not the GM, but it's obvious he makes all the personnel moves.

That's why he had a huge disagreement with Pioli last spring. He wanted power and Pioli didn't want to give it to him.

The reason the Broncos didn't have that work well is because you had an immature guy doing the work lol.

If Cowher comes back, he too will demand full power.

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 01:08 PM
So if Pioli has no power what would be the point of keeping him other than avoiding paying his buyout?

He knows where Romeo kept the food.

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Sorry I'm not very good with twitter.

Danny Clinkscale ‏
Clark comes VERY close to saying Pioli is out, at least that's my read on it

frank boal ‏
Happy New Year Chiefs fans, listening to Clark Hunt on 810WHB, it sounds like Scott Pioli is gone too!! Its just not official.

The Program ‏
Hunt says the priority is hiring the head coach and that's why he's doing that before evaluating Pioli.

Dave Skretta ‏
#Chiefs CEO Clark Hunt says he'd like to have resolution on GM situation by start of February, before scouting combine

So Clark's first priority is getting a good coach. Then he's going to get a GM to work with that coach. Pioli is as good as gone IMO.

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 01:20 PM
610 radio in KC reporting that Pioli believes he is all but gone. Pioli has reportedly talked to the Tennessee Titans about a spot in their front office.

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Sorry I'm not very good with twitter.

Danny Clinkscale ‏
Clark comes VERY close to saying Pioli is out, at least that's my read on it

frank boal ‏
Happy New Year Chiefs fans, listening to Clark Hunt on 810WHB, it sounds like Scott Pioli is gone too!! Its just not official.

The Program ‏
Hunt says the priority is hiring the head coach and that's why he's doing that before evaluating Pioli.

Dave Skretta ‏
#Chiefs CEO Clark Hunt says he'd like to have resolution on GM situation by start of February, before scouting combine

So Clark's first priority is getting a good coach. Then he's going to get a GM to work with that coach. Pioli is as good as gone IMO.

They might be looking through Pioli's contract and figuring out the best thing to fire him for...

I would think a GM would be the 1st priority and then let him hire a HC he can work with. Every time an owner pairs a GM with an HC he didn't pick it ends badly for one of them. Look at duh bears.

Bowlen handled this right by bringing in Elway as the GM 1st. The fact that Clark doesn't see the turn around by a worst to 1st team in his own division says alot about his decision making.

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 01:24 PM
610 radio in KC reporting that Pioli believes he is all but gone. Pioli has reportedly talked to the Tennessee Titans about a spot in their front office.

He should race Romeo back to NE and start cleaning Belly's office and asking if he needs coffee.

DENVERDUI55
12-31-2012, 01:28 PM

You can only trade out of #1 if you have a team that wants to do it. There isn't a player worth trading up to 1 for so KC is sol in my opinion.

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 01:38 PM
You can only trade out of #1 if you have a team that wants to do it. There isn't a player worth trading up to 1 for so KC is sol in my opinion.

I agree, I think they are SOL but if they did find someone wanting to move up it wouldn't be bad for them if they traded down, I bet a QB in the later rounds this year would be just as good as a 1st round QB.

If they can find the next Russel Wilson later in the draft or make a trade for a guy like Matt Flynn and then use the higher picks to get a couple WR's and a CB, and a TE, and a bunch of OL and a DT, DE,ILB, Safety...etc...

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2012, 01:58 PM
Pioli has no power to do anything anymore and Clark wants a HC to make all the personnel decisions.

Clark is giving all the power to the new HC. He just said the new HC will report directly to him, NOT Pioli.

Pioli is basically Milton from Office Space now ROFL!

So why keep Pioli around? Again, this makes no sense.

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 02:09 PM
Clark Hunt has spoken to Dirk Koetter, Andy Reid and Chip Kelly. The plan would be to bring in a HC to run the team and personnel moves and pick a front office man later as agreed upon the coach.

And it appears that Clark is only keeping Pioli for the buyout. Pioli has no power to do anything anymore.

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2012, 02:09 PM
Clark Hunt sounds like a fantastic boob. He's keeping the old GM around yet he's not allowing that GM to do anything. Next, Clarky is going to try and hire a HC. Then, after he hires the HC he and the HC will then hire a new GM.

Now tell me. What GM with any self respect will take that position? It's basically a waste of time for any person to be the GM in KC because the coach will just go to Clarky if he doesn't like something.

Oh well, you can't fix stupid.

Agamemnon
12-31-2012, 02:11 PM

It fails far more often than it succeeds.

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 02:19 PM
It fails far more often than it succeeds.

It worked in Kansas City throughout the entire 90's. King Carl was in charge of the business side and he was damn good at it.

This became abundantly clear after Marty left and King Carl had no idea what he was doing with player personnel.

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2012, 02:24 PM
It worked in Kansas City throughout the entire 90's. King Carl was in charge of the business side and he was damn good at it.

This became abundantly clear after Marty left and King Carl had no idea what he was doing with player personnel.

LOL

yah, ok. Now Carl Peterson had nothing to do with the player personell?

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 02:30 PM
LOL

yah, ok. Now Carl Peterson had nothing to do with the player personell?

Marty pretty much ran player personnel. Look at the drafts from 99-06. Horrible.

Pretty obvious who was in charge of player personnel in KC in the 90's.

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Marty pretty much ran player personnel. Look at the drafts from 99-06. Horrible.

"Pretty much" or did he run it?

Your reaching FL

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 02:40 PM
810 radio reports Clark Hunt has spoken to several HC's. Bill Cowher, Chip Kelly, Andy Reid and Dirk Koetter (interview tomorrow).

All those coaches except for Dirk (from what I know) would want the power.

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 02:44 PM
810 radio reports Clark Hunt has spoken to several HC's. Bill Cowher, Chip Kelly, Andy Reid and Dirk Koetter (interview tomorrow).

I hope you guys get Dirk so we can call him "Dirk Diggler" or "Welcome Back Koetter"!

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2012, 02:46 PM

do you have proof about this? A link to an article, anything?

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2012, 02:47 PM

Oh please yes, hire Bill Cowher to run the entire operation, yes, please do this.

Kaylore
12-31-2012, 02:47 PM
FL, is this really what you think the road to success in the NFL is? It sounds like you're trying to justify every move the Chiefs make after the fact. Waiting to hear the direction they're going and then explain why it will work.

I'm sorry, but I have little respect for Clark Hunt. I think he's an imbecile. I think he doesn't really like American Football. I think he wants to get back to his soccer and wants someone who will run things and every move he has made, including the one that is in progress, are the signs of a man who wants nothing to do with the franchise and the responsibilities therein. I think he loves his father and understands the legacy he casts on the entire NFL and is trying to do right by him by being the owner, but at the end of the day I think he has no clue and wants for find someone to take this "problem" away.

"A coach that does everything! That's a great idea because then the GM and coach won't fight as they will be the same person! Now me and my buddy Pioli can watch Glee together!"

Oh, and four of your five pro-bowlers were drafted by Carl Peterson - you know, the guy who "didn't do anything."

Agamemnon
12-31-2012, 02:49 PM

Oh that's cute. You think the 90's were a success...

Agamemnon
12-31-2012, 02:53 PM
I hope you guys get Dirk so we can call him "Dirk Diggler" or "Welcome Back Koetter"!

I hope they hire Reid. That guy is the polar opposite of what the Chiefs need right now. Passing 90 times a game and having a toxic lockerroom is just what the doctor ordered for the Chiefs. Hilarious!

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 04:05 PM
FL, is this really what you think the road to success in the NFL is? It sounds like you're trying to justify every move the Chiefs make after the fact. Waiting to hear the direction they're going and then explain why it will work.

I'm sorry, but I have little respect for Clark Hunt. I think he's an imbecile. I think he doesn't really like American Football. I think he wants to get back to his soccer and wants someone who will run things and every move he has made, including the one that is in progress, are the signs of a man who wants nothing to do with the franchise and the responsibilities therein. I think he loves his father and understands the legacy he casts on the entire NFL and is trying to do right by him by being the owner, but at the end of the day I think he has no clue and wants for find someone to take this "problem" away.

"A coach that does everything! That's a great idea because then the GM and coach won't fight as they will be the same person! Now me and my buddy Pioli can watch Glee together!"

Oh, and four of your five pro-bowlers were drafted by Carl Peterson - you know, the guy who "didn't do anything."

This is the furthest thing from what's going on Kaylore.

If Clark didn't care about football or the Chiefs he wouldn't be going out finding a HC. He's not having a GM go find him a HC. He's doing all of that work himself. He's putting this in his hands. Pretty telling sign that the owner cares, wouldn't you agree?

The reason why I'm ok with Clark's current approach is because of this: it's different that what the franchise has done the last 40 years.
The structure has been the same for years and what has it gotten us? Clark is changing it. Why is he changing it? Well he said some coaches want more power and that's the truth. He wants a strong HC. And he wants to have the HC be the one speaking with him personally before the GM to get his opinion.

I agree that a GM first is the best way. Clark never said that a GM wouldn't come in. He just wants the coach to be the guy who runs player personnel more than in the past.

As for the pro bowlers, King Carl didn't even want DJ. Him and DV wanted Thomas Davis and took DJ as a consolation prize. Herm was decent in the draft room in NY. He had the most influence on those draft picks in my opinion while King Carl drafted blunder after blunder from 99-2006 when he had more say in the player personnel side.

Honestly I'll let you know my complete feelings when the HC is hired, and I will do my best to not have any homeristic feelings (but we all have those at times).
HC is the most important position to fill in the organization this offseason IMO, especially with this draft coming up. I'm glad Clark feels that way too.

SoCalBronco
12-31-2012, 04:12 PM
He is doing this so that Pioli can leave on his own....so that he won't have to pay him. Pioli isn't going to fold. He will want some kind of settlement.

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 04:23 PM
He is doing this so that Pioli can leave on his own....so that he won't have to pay him. Pioli isn't going to fold. He will want some kind of settlement.

This is true. Pioli has had several lawsuits filed against the Chiefs from frustrated past employees and Clark knows he's talked with the Titans. Why fire him and pay him undeserved money when he knows Pioli has spoken with Bud Adams about a job?

It was reported by SOC (Marty knows someone who works inside Arrowhead) that Clark spoke with Peyton Manning yesterday and Manning said that the main reason he didn't even consider Kansas City was because Pioli has a horrible reputation around the league and he didn't want any part of it.

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2012, 04:42 PM
face it FL, you have no clue as to what the hell you are talking about and it sounds to me like you are just making stuff up. What purpose does it serve Hunt to not release Pioli? He's basically castrated Pioli and is doing Pioli's job so Pioli is making the money for doing nothing anyway, right? So why keep him around? This is a horrible management decision by Hunt. Either way, Pioli is getting his $.

And now you are saying the Hunt didn't know about Pioli's reputation? He had to ask Manning? LMAO! Didn't Clarky do his research before he hired Pioli? Didn't Clark know that Pioli had a bad rep before he hired this guy?

You mean to tell me he didn't hear about Pioli's rep through the grape vine? I mean, the guy owns the friggen team, right? How did he NOT know about Pioli's rep? And again, why is he keeping Pioli around? Why not dump this guy and move on?

whatever, you are guessing on all this stuff.

SoCalBronco
12-31-2012, 04:51 PM
This is true. Pioli has had several lawsuits filed against the Chiefs from frustrated past employees and Clark knows he's talked with the Titans. Why fire him and pay him undeserved money when he knows Pioli has spoken with Bud Adams about a job?

It was reported by SOC (Marty knows someone who works inside Arrowhead) that Clark spoke with Peyton Manning yesterday and Manning said that the main reason he didn't even consider Kansas City was because Pioli has a horrible reputation around the league and he didn't want any part of it.

Yes I saw that report on CP. I know Peyton is polite but is rather not have him essentially giving a rival owner tips on how to better their franchise. What stuck out to me the most about that report however was that Clark would have to actually ask Peyton anything. EVERYONE EVERYWHERE knew that this was the reason....how could Clark not know that Pioli's rep was that bad...everyone knows that. Is he living in a cocoon?

mwill07
12-31-2012, 05:04 PM
wow. So you know a guy is poison and (hopefully) will be gone soon, but you are keeping him around anyways just to save on severance pay? Good lord, that's the epitome of dysfunction. If this was a TV sitcom, it would get poor reviews for being unrealistic.

A competent owner would axe him post-haste just to get the bad taste out of his mouth and begin the re-build cleanly.

Bronco Boy
12-31-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that fear laney will agree completely with whatever future arena league coach the chefs decide to hire as HC.

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 05:26 PM
face it FL, you have no clue as to what the hell you are talking about and it sounds to me like you are just making stuff up. What purpose does it serve Hunt to not release Pioli? He's basically castrated Pioli and is doing Pioli's job so Pioli is making the money for doing nothing anyway, right? So why keep him around? This is a horrible management decision by Hunt. Either way, Pioli is getting his $.

And now you are saying the Hunt didn't know about Pioli's reputation? He had to ask Manning? LMAO! Didn't Clarky do his research before he hired Pioli? Didn't Clark know that Pioli had a bad rep before he hired this guy?

You mean to tell me he didn't hear about Pioli's rep through the grape vine? I mean, the guy owns the friggen team, right? How did he NOT know about Pioli's rep? And again, why is he keeping Pioli around? Why not dump this guy and move on?

whatever, you are guessing on all this stuff.

I am not saying this from my opinion, Mr. Tombstone. I'm just reporting what I've been hearing and seeing through the news.

From what I've seen, Pioli has a huge amount of money owed to him and he's trying to squeeze it out of Clark. This seems accurate since Pioli denied signing the extension 8 weeks ago that had a buyout clause. He's apparently been speaking with the Titans and Clark knows this.

I'm just thankful that Pioli has no real say in anything anymore. Hopefully a coach who has proven himself will be hired.

Agamemnon
12-31-2012, 05:31 PM
I am not saying this from my opinion, Mr. Tombstone. I'm just reporting what I've been hearing and seeing through the news.

From what I've seen, Pioli has a huge amount of money owed to him and he's trying to squeeze it out of Clark. This seems accurate since Pioli denied signing the extension 8 weeks ago that had a buyout clause. He's apparently been speaking with the Titans and Clark knows this.

I'm just thankful that Pioli has no real say in anything anymore. Hopefully a coach who has proven himself will be hired.

Why would a coach who has proven himself choose the worst head coach opening? I don't follow...

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Why would a coach who has proven himself choose the worst head coach opening? I don't follow...

Chiefs are far from the worst head coach opening.

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 05:40 PM
From Kent Babb, former writer for the KC Star. He's the one who knows Pioli best and wrote the Arrowhead Anxiety piece.

"This neutered Pioli thing doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Only thing that explains it is Clark wants him gone, doesn't...want to fire/pay him, and is trying to force a resignation, which would cost him nothing. Pioli, tho, wants his money....which is why he's "amenable" to something I could never see him accepting. This is a bluff; regardless, his ass is toast."

https://twitter.com/kentbabb

Ironlung
12-31-2012, 05:42 PM

It's debatable.

Agamemnon
12-31-2012, 05:44 PM

You keep believing that cupcake...

Tim
12-31-2012, 05:47 PM
Chefs OG ryan Lilja is going to retire, he was a good player for the colts before going to the KC to commit nfl suicide.

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 05:53 PM
You keep believing that cupcake...

Jags are the worst opening.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-31-2012, 05:56 PM
Jags are the worst opening.

I agree with this for the GM . Any GM who takes the job gets thrown into the tebow circus. But everyone is talking HC. And jags still have an HC. So chiefs job is the worst right now.

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 06:01 PM
I agree with this for the GM . Any GM who takes the job gets thrown into the tebow circus. But everyone is talking HC. And jags still have an HC. So chiefs job is the worst right now.

KC will be a very appealing place for a HC.

-No GM/owner breathing down their neck constantly.
-No extreme media attack like in NY, PHI or CHI.
-1st overall pick and other high picks in the draft.
-Power. This can't be emphasized enough. Clark is willing to let a HC have a lot of power. Not many HC's get that opportunity.
-Decent team with a few good young pieces.

extralife
12-31-2012, 06:02 PM
the browns opening might be worse. in KC you at least get to pick your QB; in cleveland you are stuck with Weeden for at least two years

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-31-2012, 06:02 PM

-Power. This can't be emphasized enough. Clark is willing to let a HC have a lot of power. Not many HC's get that opportunity.

Not many HCs WANT that power either. They prefer to coach while a GM makes the moves. Especially first time HCs

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 06:08 PM
IMO the worst GM vacancy is the Jets because of Rex Ryan.

The worst HC is Jags, followed by Cleveland. I also think that Chicago is a bad spot for a HC because of Jay Cutler's attitude. I mean what HC wants to put up with him?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-31-2012, 06:09 PM
IMO the worst GM vacancy is the Jets because of Rex Ryan.

The worst HC is Jags, followed by Cleveland. I also think that Chicago is a bad spot for a HC because of Jay Cutler's attitude. I mean what HC wants to put up with him?

Did Mularkey get fired?

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 06:15 PM
Just for future reference, these are my top 3 coaching candidates: Andy Reid, Chip Kelly and Mike McCoy.

Wouldn't mind Dirk Koetter either, but I'm not really sold on him. I want some sort of offensive coach.

If we get Jon Gruden or some other scrub, I'll be pissed.

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Chefs OG ryan Lilja is going to retire, he was a good player for the colts before going to the KC to commit nfl suicide.

I felt bad for Lija being forced to play out of position most of the year, why not give a younger G center duties or go out and pick up a true C off the street rather than pick up another G to fill Lija's role?

Lilja gone means another hole to fill, I don't see them resigning or Franchising Bowe, even if they do that means they still need to find 2 other competent starters at WR.

I do admit that the Jag's position would be hard to fill because of their ownership and lack of fan support but kFc is a close 2nd.

If Clark really cared about the team and it's fans he wouldn't be playing games waiting for a guy to leave so he doesn't have to pay him, he would eat it and fire his ass and find the best GM available to help him find the best HC! This can only get worse at this point. Stripping a guy of his powers is like slapping his hand. I hope Pioli just sticks around and collects a check so Hunt has to pay him or fire him.

The worst season for any NFL team in history keeps being bad after it is over!

KipCorrington25
12-31-2012, 07:05 PM
KC loves retreads especially if they can get them on the cheap, I see them in the Lovie Smith derby and winning because there are no other bidders.

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 07:23 PM
KC loves retreads especially if they can get them on the cheap, I see them in the Lovie Smith derby and winning because there are no other bidders.

Considering all their talent is on D (outside of Colquitt and Charles) Lovie would be a good choice for them. He could bring his emphasis of forcing turnovers to the D and run Charles into the ground, He would ask for a game managing QB then struggle to find a competent OC to build a system around him.

He would win 7-11 games a year but fail in the playoffs.

I would be content with Lovie as the kFc HC.

KipCorrington25
12-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Considering all their talent is on D (outside of Colquitt and Charles) Lovie would be a good choice for them. He could bring his emphasis of forcing turnovers to the D and run Charles into the ground, He would ask for a game managing QB then struggle to find a competent OC to build a system around him.

He would win 7-11 games a year but fail in the playoffs.

I would be content with Lovie as the kFc HC.

And if you win 11 games in KC and get a wildcard and bounced in the first round they will throw you a ticker tape parade.

I was reading the KC Star comments and there are people calling for Schottenheimer and Gunther to come back, talk about commitment to mediocrity. Hilarious!

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 09:05 PM
And if you win 11 games in KC and get a wildcard and bounced in the first round they will throw you a ticker tape parade.

I was reading the KC Star comments and there are people calling for Schottenheimer and Gunther to come back, talk about commitment to mediocrity. Hilarious!

Maybe they can pry Steve Bono out of retirement!

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 09:23 PM
John Clayton said on twitter that he believes Andy Reid will be our next HC.

That's my top guy.

Best fit IMO. He doesn't have to worry about the media overload, he gets full power and he's got a very good system for QB's.

SoCalBronco
12-31-2012, 09:26 PM
Reid would be a fine choice for you guys I agree. Very good coach.

DBroncos4life
12-31-2012, 10:11 PM

That's my top guy.

Best fit IMO. He doesn't have to worry about the media overload, he gets full power and he's got a very good system for QB's.

His teams typically don't run a 4-3 or 9 wide? Curious to see who he brings in to run the D.

Rohirrim
12-31-2012, 10:12 PM
Man, I hope they take Geno. ;D

R8R H8R
12-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Just for future reference, these are my top 3 coaching candidates: Andy Reid, Chip Kelly and Mike McCoy.

Wouldn't mind Dirk Koetter either, but I'm not really sold on him. I want some sort of offensive coach.

If we get Jon Gruden or some other scrub, I'll be pissed.

Just curious, and I'm serious, what interests you in McCoy? Because as you may know, some here on the Mane think he is a fraud. Not my opinion, but it is of some.

Agamemnon
12-31-2012, 11:37 PM

That's my top guy.

I'll believe it when I see it. Reid is probably going to have multiple offers on the table and I doubt he ends up picking the Chiefs.

Agamemnon
12-31-2012, 11:38 PM
Man, I hope they take Geno. ;D

Seems all but certain at this point.

Heyneck
12-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Chiefs suck so bad they can't get rid of Pioli!!!

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 11:43 PM
Reid would be the best thing to ever happen to Geno Smith.

Agamemnon
12-31-2012, 11:51 PM

I'm sure you'd need a new pair of pants if that happened, but seriously don't hold your breath.

R8R H8R
01-01-2013, 12:45 AM
Reid would be well served to go the Fischer/Shanny route and take a year off.

Bacchus
01-01-2013, 01:12 AM
the browns opening might be worse. in KC you at least get to pick your QB; in cleveland you are stuck with Weeden for at least two years

The Browns have lots of young talent. The Jags and Bills are the worst openings.

FearLanier
01-01-2013, 02:27 AM
America voted the Bears job is the most enticing. I don't get that. Their 2 best defenders are on their last legs, Devin Hester might retire because of Lovie's firing and Cutler/Marshall are a coaches worst nightmare.

Just don't get that.

I think that the Jags, Bills and Bears are the worst jobs.

Atwater His Ass
01-01-2013, 02:50 AM
You give Cutler just an average OL and OC and see what he and Marshall can do. People can say what they want over their Cutler butt-hurt, but Chicago is nothing without him.

Cutler is the guy who they've comitted too in Chicago and they need to build around him. There's not a lot of QB's that can take the punishment he's taken there due to that leaky OL and keep getting back up.

The Bears are a 10 win team that missed the playoffs on a tie breaker. That doesn't happen often in the NFL. Usually 10 wins just about guarentee's a playoff spot, if not a division title.

maven
01-01-2013, 07:53 AM
You give Cutler just an average OL and OC and see what he and Marshall can do. People can say what they want over their Cutler butt-hurt, but Chicago is nothing without him.

Cutler is the guy who they've comitted too in Chicago and they need to build around him. There's not a lot of QB's that can take the punishment he's taken there due to that leaky OL and keep getting back up.

The Bears are a 10 win team that missed the playoffs on a tie breaker. That doesn't happen often in the NFL. Usually 10 wins just about guarentee's a playoff spot, if not a division title.

If the new coach doesn't like cutler he's gone

maven
01-01-2013, 07:55 AM
America voted the Bears job is the most enticing. I don't get that. Their 2 best defenders are on their last legs, Devin Hester might retire because of Lovie's firing and Cutler/Marshall are a coaches worst nightmare.

Just don't get that.

I would like te jags Job as long as I'm not force fed tebow

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2013, 08:16 AM
the two most enticing NFL jobs have to be Sandy Eggo and Chicago simply because of the QB situation. The QB position is by far the most important position on the team and if you have that QB in place then everything else can be improved. Personally, I'd take Rivers over Cutler if I was a HC candidate.

maven
01-01-2013, 08:18 AM
the two most enticing NFL jobs have to be Sandy Eggo and Chicago simply because of the QB situation. The QB position is by far the most important position on the team and if you have that QB in place then everything else can be improved. Personally, I'd take Rivers over Cutler if I was a HC candidate.

I disagree. I wouldn't want either of them. I'd rather hit the draft and groom my own guy.

mwill07
01-01-2013, 08:23 AM

-Decent team with a few good young pieces.

negatives:
-ownership who doesn't really care about winning - is likely to be out of town watching soccer instead of fixing things when they go bad.
-have to live in Kansas City.
-responsibility - having no competant GM heaps all of the rest of the responsibility and accountability onto the coaches doorstep.
-inheriting the worst team in the league.
-will have to deal with Manning/Osweiller in the division

Bronco Boy
01-01-2013, 08:45 AM
negatives:
-ownership who doesn't really care about winning - is likely to be out of town watching soccer instead of fixing things when they go bad.
-have to live in Kansas City.
-responsibility - having no competant GM heaps all of the rest of the responsibility and accountability onto the coaches doorstep.
-inheriting the worst team in the league.
-will have to deal with Manning/Osweiller in the division

I would add to this list the general culture of losing that has been present in KC for 20+ years. Who really wants to coach a team when most of the fans were in diapers the last time they won a playoff game?

2KBack
01-01-2013, 09:14 AM

I'm sorry, but the Cutler getting punished so much more than anyone else is a myth. Big Ben and Rodgers are annually leaders in getting sacked, Alex Smith was the most sacked QB in the league last year and made the NFC championship. The good ones make it work. Matt freakin Cassel went 11-5 and was the most sacked QB that year. Cutler gets sacked an average of 2.5 times a game. Not great, but not exactly the assault people make it out to be.

As for 10 win teams not making the playoff. That is also a myth. Teams with 10 wins or more have missed the playoffs 6 out of the last 12 years (since realignment).

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2013, 09:27 AM
I disagree. I wouldn't want either of them. I'd rather hit the draft and groom my own guy.

fair enough, but when a FA HC is looking for a job where he can win right away, a franchise QB that is already in place makes much more sense.

broncosteven
01-01-2013, 01:09 PM

That's my top guy.

John Clayton has been wrong more than he has been right lately.

If you did get Reid I think you would have a better chance finding/drafting a decent QB but he would also need to acquire a new WR corps so the rebuild will still take 3-5 years.

broncosteven
01-01-2013, 01:14 PM

Just don't get that.

Hester is dumber than a box of rocks, he is just butt hurt, he will be back. It is not like he is going to go get his masters at MIT or start a Hedgefund.

Chicago is closer to winning than kFc, kFc needs a totally new O, duh bears just need an OL and can afford to retool the aging D over the next couple years. If they acquired 2-3 OL and a TE they would be an instant upgrade, MLB and DT, would be their only priorites on D.

01-01-2013, 03:40 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/543925_498296360193280_1282004944_n.jpg

Tim
01-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Pioli will stay in KC for 20 years jut like Peterson

broncosteven
01-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Lilja retires only at 31. Yet another hole for kFc to plug.

Albert is a FA they have to work a deal for also.

DBroncos4life
01-01-2013, 03:54 PM

Do you think Geno will fall to the Cards ;)

Tim
01-01-2013, 04:00 PM

Hilarious!

It will be funny when every other team gets their top coice at HC and KFC is left with some unproven scrub, I'm hoping pioli promotes daboll to fully develop quinn

FearLanier
01-01-2013, 04:12 PM

Ugh. We're interviewing Ray Horton this week. I think he's a good defensive guy, but he's not who I would like.

We're also interviewing the Syracuse HC. I have no idea about him but apparently Sean Payton is highly recommending him around the league.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-01-2013, 04:14 PM

We are used to chiefs fans slobbering over coaches/players that never end up going to that trash of a team.

FearLanier
01-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Arizona interviewed Ray Horton this afternoon and haven't even had a meeting with Reid yet. Sounds like a false report?

They are actually meeting with Mike McCoy this weekend.

source: CardsMarkD Twitter

DBroncos4life
01-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Ugh. We're interviewing Ray Horton this week. I think he's a good defensive guy, but he's not who I would like.

We're also interviewing the Syracuse HC. I have no idea about him but apparently Sean Payton is highly recommending him around the league.

Both are interviewing with Buffalo as well. Ray would at least keep the 3-4 D intact.

SoCalBronco
01-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Arizona interviewed Ray Horton this afternoon and haven't even had a meeting with Reid yet. Sounds like a false report?

They are actually meeting with Mike McCoy this weekend.

source: CardsMarkD Twitter

I'm sensing fear in your post.

Kaylore
01-01-2013, 04:44 PM
KC has to be the last place anyone wants to go. Like Peyton, they will be "disqualified" early from a lot of the upper tier coaches.

01-01-2013, 04:45 PM
KC has to be the last place anyone wants to go. Like Peyton, they will be "disqualified" early from a lot of the upper tier coaches.

With Pioli out the door, we're fine. The roster isn't devoid of talent. Charles, Bowe, Breaston, Hali, Houston, Flowers, Berry, Albert, lots of good players.

FearLanier
01-01-2013, 04:51 PM

I sense some rival hatred in this post, along with direction without knowledge.

Atwater His Ass
01-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Since Pioli wasn't fired (at least yet), I don't really see top tier coaches wanting to go to KC. Even if most of his power is stripped, the situation is akward at best and doesn't really foster an environment condusive for success.

If Pioli was out the door, KC probably becomes one of the better positions availalbe. #1 pick in the draft, talented roster, good fans, and a lot of salary cap space for free agency. Even with just an average QB, KC probably challenges for a wild card spot. Seems obvious they need to hire a guy who can coach/groom a QB and use their resources to find one.

DBroncos4life
01-01-2013, 05:12 PM
I would do so many kick as things if I was Pioli. Hell I know they don't have the balls to fire me so I'm showing to meetings dressed like a clown or in other teams gear.

Kaylore
01-01-2013, 05:18 PM

The worst team in the nfl with the worst quarterbacks and one of the worst towns with an absentee owner. The Raiders were able find coaches every year. It's the NFL. Someone will come. However it's not a destination city, and there isn't much to entice someone who has their pick.

And having the first pick isn't the great sell you think it is. There aren't a ton of people who want their legacies linked to the first overall pick right away - especially in such a crappy Draft class.

broncosteven
01-01-2013, 05:19 PM
With Pioli out the door, we're fine. The roster isn't devoid of talent. Charles, Bowe, Breaston, Hali, Houston, Flowers, Berry, Albert, lots of good players.

Aren't Bowe and Albert FA's that need to be signed? Breston was inactive about as long as KM was and didn't contribute when he was active.

Charles was out rushed by KM and he was pulled to be rested. Charles has some monster games then disappears against good D's. Hali and Houston are one dimentional.

broncosteven
01-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Anyone else see Whitlocks latest?

I don’t mind being wrong. I was wrong about Pioli. In the six months before landing the KC job, he charmed me much the same way I suspect he charmed other members of the media he thought could fan the flames of the Scott Pioli myth.

It’s clear he’s a fraud. His draft picks have been mostly disastrous. His four first-round picks — Tyson Jackson, Eric Berry, Jonathan Baldwin and Dontari Poe — are either busts or underachievers. Yep, I know Berry made the Pro Bowl. But if you’ve ever watched Berry play pass defense, you know he has no business in the Pro Bowl. Pioli whiffed on both coaches he chose. Todd Haley was an immature hothead. Romeo Crennel was Romeo Crennel, another Belichick myth. If Pioli has a successful free-agent or trade acquisition, I can’t name him. The Chiefs just completed the worst season in franchise history. They went eight weeks without leading a game. Pioli built the Titanic.

More here:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/scott-pioli-fraud-kansas-city-chiefs-must-go-romeo-crennel-010113

broncocalijohn
01-01-2013, 06:01 PM
I would do so many kick as things if I was Pioli. Hell I know they don't have the balls to fire me so I'm showing to meetings dressed like a clown or in other teams gear.

Isnt it embarrassing enough that he has to dress in Chiefs gear and look like a clown?

TheReverend
01-01-2013, 06:05 PM

Dude... the Chief's situation is so ****ing bad, their own fans were clamoring to lose out just to bring change.

That's a premier coaching situation if I ever saw :nono:

kappys
01-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Aren't Bowe and Albert FA's that need to be signed? Breston was inactive about as long as KM was and didn't contribute when he was active.

Charles was out rushed by KM and he was pulled to be rested. Charles has some monster games then disappears against good D's. Hali and Houston are one dimentional.

In fairness to Charles running against 8-9 man fronts is tough - especially against good defenses.

FearLanier
01-01-2013, 06:08 PM

You do know that teams are putting 8 to 9 guys in the box every play because we don't have a QB right?
And you do know Tamba and Houston still had 20 sacks combined despite not being able to pin their ears back all year because we have only had a lead a handful of times correct?

FearLanier
01-01-2013, 06:12 PM
The worst team in the nfl with the worst quarterbacks and one of the worst towns with an absentee owner. The Raiders were able find coaches every year. It's the NFL. Someone will come. However it's not a destination city, and there isn't much to entice someone who has their pick.

And having the first pick isn't the great sell you think it is. There aren't a ton of people who want their legacies linked to the first overall pick right away - especially in such a crappy Draft class.

Clark is at every Chiefs game, home or away. Just because his house is in Dallas doesn't mean he doesn't care.
He took the franchise by the horns and is going out on his own to find a HC that he feels is best. I have no idea how anyone can say Clark doesn't care considering what he's doing right now.

Now is he knowledgeable about what he's doing? That's certainly debatable, but saying he is an absentee owner is not simply not true.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Wasn't that long ago chiefs fans were saying we were screwed by hiring Fox.

FearLanier
01-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Wasn't that long ago chiefs fans were saying we were screwed by hiring Fox.

Peyton Manning

DBroncos4life
01-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Isnt it embarrassing enough that he has to dress in Chiefs gear and look like a clown?

True. LOL

DENVERDUI55
01-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning has played awesome defense you know.

01-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Charles was out rushed by KM

What?

Charles had over 1,500 rushing yards.

Dumbass much?

FearLanier
01-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Peyton Manning has played awesome defense you know.

Well let me ask you this. Do you think the Broncos would be anywhere near what they are this year without him?

Fox has always been known to be conservative and his offenses haven't been all that great.

I think you should give JDR some credit for that defense, too. He's been fantastic for you guys.

SoCalBronco
01-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Bowe isn't coming back. He hates it there. Dude was disgusted when he laid down 4 bills to an escort service and they brought him a pasty white 260 lb heifer.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Well let me ask you this. Do you think the Broncos would be anywhere near what they are this year without him?

Fox has always been known to be conservative and his offenses haven't been all that great.

I think you should give JDR some credit for that defense, too. He's been fantastic for you guys.

I guess Fox had zero to do with JDRs decision to come here. I guarantee they win the division. Fox won the division with an unemployed punt protector.

FearLanier
01-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Bowe isn't coming back. He hates it there. Dude was disgusted when he laid down 4 bills to an escort service and they brought him a pasty white 260 lb heifer.

Dwayne Bowe wants to retire with Kansas City Chiefs

Dwayne Bowe probably is hitting the home stretch of his career in Kansas City, with free agency approaching and the Chiefs unlikely to use a franchise tag on the wide receiver again.

2013 Pro Bowl
(Jan. 27, 2013; 7 p.m. ET on NBC)

The game:
» Complete coverage | Rosters | Tickets

More:
» Roster analysis: AFC | NFC
» Rosenthal: Biggest Pro Bowl snubs
» Breer: Will this be the last Pro Bowl?
» Gridiron Breakdown: Pro Bowl rosters

Video:
» Manning reacts to Pro Bowl selection
» Peterson plans to break rushing record
» Should Luck have made the Pro Bowl?
» Biggest roster suprise | RG3 or Wilson?
» Sapp's take on NFC defense | Snubs
» Sharper: Pro Bowl snubs at receiver

Photos:
» Most-ever Pro Bowl appearances
Multiple reporters have suggested that Bowe wants out of Kansas City, which isn't exactly a huge surprise. Bowe says nothing could be further from the truth.

"Why wouldn't I want to stay here? It's a no-brainer for me," Bowe told Adam Teicher of The Kansas City Star. "I never said I didn't want to be here. I never said that. This is where it started for me. This is where people know me from. That's crazy to me.

"When I heard that, I was like, 'Where did that come from?' I never said I wanted out. Please clear that up for me. Do I play like I don't want to be here? I just keep my mouth closed and play the game. That's what I do. Please tell everybody to stop saying I'm a bad guy. I just don't talk (to the media much)."

This reminds us of Cleveland Browns general manager Mike Holmgren's denial of Dallas Cowboys rumors the other day. Bowe essentially is trying to clean up a story that his own agents very likely started. These stories don't just come out of nowhere. They are leaked to the media with purpose: to build a future market. We don't have a problem with the game (behind the game) being played, but the good-cop, bad-cop routine is tiring.

Donate to the Red Cross
Join the NFL in aiding those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
More ...
"This is where I was drafted," Bowe said. "When I'm finished, I feel I should be in the Hall of Fame and hopefully win Super Bowls."

The Chiefs probably can't afford to keep Bowe any longer. His best chance to stay would be if general manager Scott Pioli was fired and a new regime came in. Like Vincent Jackson leaving the San Diego Chargers for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers a season ago, we believe Bowe will end a somewhat rocky run with the team that drafted him for a big payday elsewhere.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000095562/article/dwayne-bowe-wants-to-retire-with-kansas-city-chiefs