PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs suck

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

boltaneer
04-06-2013, 01:19 AM
I'm not sure where you're getting this Kaylore?

Idk any Chiefs fans or media who think they are a QB and coach away from the SB. I know a lot of Chiefs fans believe they are a QB and head coach away from making the playoffs as a 5th or 6th seed though.

And they still are. :flower:

Bacchus
04-06-2013, 01:20 AM
Jeff Garcia: 113 TDs in 74 games with the 49ers. Alex Smith: 81 TDs in 80 games with the 49ers. I could understand Broncos' fans getting excited with the arrival of Peyton Manning. I can't understand Chiefs' fans that are celebrating a new era with Alex Smith. His best season: 3,144 yards, 17 TDs (19 total including 2 rushing TDs). Tim Tebow scored 18 total TDs in 2011. Remember when McDaniels brought Kyle Orton? That's how they should feel. The excitement of having a "game manager" when the best QBs in the pass-happy NFL are throwing for 4,000+ yards and 30+ TDs.

Reid hates running the ball and Smith is a QB that needs to be managed. They are not a good combination.

The Chefs should have just taken Geno.

R-Mac
04-06-2013, 01:26 AM
The Chefs should have just taken Geno.

Yea, at least they would have some hope for the future. Draft Geno Smith, develop him. They won't compete for the division until Manning retires. Once Manning is done, the AFC West will be wide open. Instead of having a young, potential franchise QB, the Chiefs invested in a very limited QB who will be 29 years old this season.

Bacchus
04-06-2013, 02:15 AM
Yea, at least they would have some hope for the future. Draft Geno Smith, develop him. They won't compete for the division until Manning retires. Once Manning is done, the AFC West will be wide open. Instead of having a young, potential franchise QB, the Chiefs invested in a very limited QB who will be 29 years old this season.

Yeah that is what I am thinking. Geno might bust but Christ if you are KC swing for the fences and draft Geno. Instead they settled for a single.

I bet they will draft a QB with their second round pick to develop.

R-Mac
04-06-2013, 09:23 AM
I bet they will draft a QB with their second round pick to develop.

The Chiefs traded their 2nd round pick for Alex Smith. They have two 3rd round picks (one is compensatory).

broncosteven
04-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Per ESPN's NFL (and the dreamy, smoking hot MILF Wendy Nix) kFc has allowed the Fins to talk to Albert for a trade, they are hoping to get a 2nd round pick for him.

Sure looks like kFc is going to draft an OT with their 1st over all pick.

FearLanier
04-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Per ESPN's NFL (and the dreamy, smoking hot MILF Wendy Nix) kFc has allowed the Fins to talk to Albert for a trade, they are hoping to get a 2nd round pick for him.

It's gonna be Luke Joeckel. Jason LaCanfora reported it earlier today.

maven
04-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Bowe Top 10? Get the **** out of here.

59 receptions, 801 yards, 3 TD's.

Bowe is a value pick in the ff lower rounds because of a hopeful higher prospect with Reid/Smith, but don't be a ****ing moron and draft him high.

Bowe a top 10 wr? llllllllllllolllllllll **** that.

Bacchus
04-19-2013, 05:41 AM

They should re-sign Albert and trade down or just take Jordan/Floyd. Cutting Albert and drafting a replacement is like pissing in the wind. Sure Joeckle is better than Albert but Albert and Jordan/Floyd will help KC much more.

broncosteven
04-19-2013, 06:54 PM
They should re-sign Albert and trade down or just take Jordan/Floyd. Cutting Albert and drafting a replacement is like pissing in the wind. Sure Joeckle is better than Albert but Albert and Jordan/Floyd will help KC much more.

Yep, so far they haven't done anything to acquire or upgrade playmakers. They swapped Matt Cassell who is a game manager for Alex Smith who is a game manager and then overpaid for Bowe, now they are going to waste the 1st overall pick replacing a OT who all the kFc fans here considered to be equal to or better than Clady. This couldn't have gone any better for us Bronco fans!

KCStud
04-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Yep, so far they haven't done anything to acquire or upgrade playmakers. They swapped Matt Cassell who is a game manager for Alex Smith who is a game manager and then overpaid for Bowe, now they are going to waste the 1st overall pick replacing a OT who all the kFc fans here considered to be equal to or better than Clady. This couldn't have gone any better for us Bronco fans!

Luke Joeckel is going to be a massive upgrade because Branden Albert sucks, or at least that's what you guys have preached as seen here..

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=68720

Oh how the tides have changed :~ohyah!:

Tombstone RJ
04-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Luke Joeckel is going to be a massive upgrade because Branden Albert sucks, or at least that's what you guys have preached as seen here..

lol, you fail again. You bring up a thread of when both Clady and Albert were drafted, a thread where the discussion is primarily about how Clady and Albert compare to each other, started by a kc fan. Albert is a good LT, he's not as good as Clady, but he's ok. Joekel and Fisher should be better.

IdahoBronco7
04-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Another hopeless kc fan trying to change the flow of the oceans. I've got your tide hanging..

KCStud
04-20-2013, 06:27 PM
lol, you fail again. You bring up a thread of when both Clady and Albert were drafted, a thread where the discussion is primarily about how Clady and Albert compare to each other, started by a kc fan. Albert is a good LT, he's not as good as Clady, but he's ok. Joekel and Fisher should be better.

In the beginning it was, but the later part was the same theme..

IdahoBronco7
04-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Why are KC fans all the sudden likened to the ridiculous optimism associated with the Raiders ..... ? It is one thing to be hopeful, but to be realistic is more realistic. Smell the mold.......smell the mold.

broncosteven
04-20-2013, 08:54 PM

I never said Albert didn't suck I just said you kFc fans have been saying Albert is = or > than Clady and suddenly a new staff comes in and is praying for a low 2nd round pick to unload a past 1st round pick. FAIL all around!

Tombstone RJ
04-20-2013, 09:44 PM
In the beginning it was, but the later part was the same theme..

If by same theme you mean the chiefs suck then yah.

FearLanier
04-21-2013, 09:25 PM
I never said Albert didn't suck I just said you kFc fans have been saying Albert is = or > than Clady and suddenly a new staff comes in and is praying for a low 2nd round pick to unload a past 1st round pick. FAIL all around!

I don't think anyone can expect a 1st round draft pick from an OL who had back problems last year.

Big big risk there.

Tim
04-23-2013, 07:11 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162670/article/sharrif-floyd-gets-draftweek-call-from-kc-chiefs

wouldn't it be funny if the queefs reached for a DT again.:rofl:

broncocalijohn
04-23-2013, 10:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162670/article/sharrif-floyd-gets-draftweek-call-from-kc-chiefs

wouldn't it be funny if the queefs reached for a DT again.:rofl:

How did Dorsey pan out for KC? :giggle:

Since 2008
238 tackles and 4 whopping sacks.

Now he will kick ass as a 49ers.

Great numbers for a DT.

FearLanier
04-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Reports that Arizona wants Albert and will give up the 38th pick.

Also reports that Chiefs will take Joeckel at 1 if Albert is traded. If Albert is not traded, then it's Eric Fisher.

DBroncos4life
04-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Reports that Arizona wants Albert and will give up the 38th pick.

Also reports that Chiefs will take Joeckel at 1 if Albert is traded. If Albert is not traded, then it's Eric Fisher.

Why don't they jump on that? It's not like the Phins can beat it.

FearLanier
04-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Why don't they jump on that? It's not like the Phins can beat it.

Because the Lions have reportedly contacted us too. And I don't blame them.

There is a pretty fair chance that all 3 LT's go in the top 4 and they need a LT.

FearLanier
04-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Chiefs are still fielding calls about top pick but if they don't trade it, again, I believe Fisher will be the guy

broncosteven
04-24-2013, 04:49 PM
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Chiefs are still fielding calls about top pick but if they don't trade it, again, I believe Fisher will be the guy

Why take Fisher if they keep Albert? They want to move Fisher to RT? Everything I have heard is that Fisher is the more athletic of the 2 but may not be as crafty a player as the other dude.

Br0nc0Buster
04-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Brandon Albert is going to be traded to the Dolphins for the 42nd pick and the Chiefs are going to draft Eric Fisher

That is the buzz right now in KC

DBroncos4life
04-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Brandon Albert is going to be traded to the Dolphins for the 42nd pick and the Chiefs are going to draft Eric Fisher

I knew the AZ was going to trade the 38th for Albert was BS.

FearLanier
04-24-2013, 11:33 PM
The buzz is that $$ is good with the Dolphins and they are the team that Albert wants (he lives in Miami). They also play the same scheme as we did last year so he fits in perfectly.

Word is that...

-Our GM is trying to get as much as possible for Albert. I honestly think we might too.

-Miami Herald reported that the Dolphins aren't that high on Lane Johnson, but they love the other 2 LT's.

-Miami is rumored to have a deal in place with Oakland to move up to 3 as plan B.

-Jeff Ireland literally has no choice but to trade for Albert because Joeckel and Fisher will be gone by pick #3 and that leaves Miami with no legit LT to start next year.

Cards are in the Chiefs hands and Jeff Ireland is panicking.

FearLanier
04-24-2013, 11:45 PM
Also, I wonder if we might just keep Albert and trade from 1 to 11 with Miami so they can get Joeckel?

His former coach is their offensive coordinator.

Probably a shot in the dark, but that that would be great.

Agamemnon
04-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Also, I wonder if we might just keep Albert and trade from 1 to 11 with Miami so they can get Joeckel?

No one is trading for the #1 pick in this draft. Are you high? Hilarious!

FearLanier
04-25-2013, 01:34 AM

According to this there is interest.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/john-dorsey-says-hes-received-calls-regarding-first-overall-pick/

Joeckel and Fisher are being coveted by a lot of teams, apparently.

TheReverend
04-25-2013, 05:38 AM

You heard it here first TWO MONTHS AGO:

With the 7th pick of the overall OM mock draft, the Arizona Cardinals select the BEST PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE ****ING DRAFT and the rightful #1 overall:

Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

http://nepatriotsdraft.pixafy.netdna-cdn.com//wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Eric-Fisher.jpg

Fisher has done nothing but dominate and then continue that domination against top tier competition in the senior bowl and continue that domination against his peers in the combine.

Cliff notes:

Damn it feels good to be a gansta.

Buffalo and Broncosfanguy is on the clock.

TheReverend
04-25-2013, 05:39 AM

Wouldnt surprise me one bit. The tackles are insanely good and trading into 1 doesnt carry the same financial albatross that it did a few short years ago.

broncosteven
04-25-2013, 10:46 AM

Or they could keep Albert and get an impact player with the 1st overall...wait in this draft they would be better off stockpiling some picks and taking the BPA at 11.

I keep remembering when we were able to get our impact player that teams have to scheme against when we drafted #2. kFc will likely trade down and end up taking a guard with their 1st pick.

FearLanier
04-25-2013, 12:09 PM
I think it's Fisher. And it's going to be historic because I don't think a prospect from a smaller school has ever gone 1st overall.

Fisher is more athletic, nastier and has the frame to put on another 15 lbs.

I'm very comfortable with him being our LT. I love Albert, but I think Fisher will be a top 5 LT in the near future.

COWheatGrower
04-25-2013, 09:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GK1ts.gif

I hope Eric Fisher enjoys the cellar just like Joe Thomas does.

FearLanier
04-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Alex Smith trade looks better right now. He was by far the best QB available and tonight proved it.

broncosteven
04-25-2013, 09:02 PM
I think it's Fisher. And it's going to be historic because I don't think a prospect from a smaller school has ever gone 1st overall.

Fisher is more athletic, nastier and has the frame to put on another 15 lbs.

I'm very comfortable with him being our LT. I love Albert, but I think Fisher will be a top 5 LT in the near future.

What do you think they are going to do with Albert now that the fins blew their wad moving up to get a rush OLB? Keep him and move Fisher to RT or let Albert go for less than their original asking price?

Pretty funny that the trade fell through!

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Fisher will play RT and Albert LT, if Albert is not traded away. The kc oline will be solid on both ends.

COWheatGrower
04-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Alex Smith trade looks better right now. He was by far the best QB available and tonight proved it.

WOW. You're happy about repeating the Matt Cassel experiment.

FearLanier
04-25-2013, 09:09 PM
What do you think they are going to do with Albert now that the fins blew their wad moving up to get a rush OLB? Keep him and move Fisher to RT or let Albert go for less than their original asking price?

Pretty funny that the trade fell through!

We have the Dolphins right where we want them. They don't have a starting LT and there is no real LT talent left.

I think Albert will be traded for their 2nd and a future pick.

As of right now, they have no leverage at all. Worst comes to worst, we keep our good OT to pair with a very good LT from the draft.

It's a win-win for us.

FearLanier
04-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Talks resuming.

Dave Skretta ‏@APdaveskretta 4m

#Chiefs GM John Dorsey says he talked to #Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland tonight, and agreed to resume Branden Albert talks tomorrow.

mwill07
04-25-2013, 09:22 PM

it most certainly does not look better. 32 teams will have all night to think about what they messed up, who is still available, etc. The team they are going to call to fix whatever issue they have is the holder of the early picks tomorrow - SF and JAX.

What would be hilarious is if KC remembers that Alex Smith isn't a QBotF, and need to trade up to get Geno. Obviously won't happen, but it's gonna suck for KC waiting until Saturday before they can pick again, watching Geno, Barkley, Nassib, Dysert, and Wilson all go tomorrow.

Maybe they get the deal done and get back in @ 22, but what ever QB they take at that point will be sloppy seconds, passed over by everyone else for one reason or another.

If I was a Chief fan, I would be less excited about the Alex Smith era than I was as a Bronco fan entering the Kyle Orton era.

Rocket 7
04-25-2013, 09:44 PM
It doesn't hurt him at all. With the overwhelming amount of love that the Jags have shown Geno, it appears that anyone else who wants Geno is going to have to trade with us.

The Jags are helping us, if anything.

Swing and miss

Randall Flagg
04-25-2013, 09:54 PM
My daughter just graduated from CMU. I've seen Fisher play multiple times. KC, you did good. This guy is a BEAST! Meaner than hell, too. He will be, by far, the best LT in the AFC West, probably the AFC and, over time, just might be the best in the NFL.

I will watch Charles run wild behind this guy.....except for 2 times a year...:thumbsup:

broncosteven
04-25-2013, 09:54 PM
We have the Dolphins right where we want them. They don't have a starting LT and there is no real LT talent left.

I think Albert will be traded for their 2nd and a future pick.

As of right now, they have no leverage at all. Worst comes to worst, we keep our good OT to pair with a very good LT from the draft.

It's a win-win for us.

I thought the fins used up their 2nd round pick to get high to get the rush OLB. So your saying they have one 2nd round pick left to pull the trigger on Albert? If I were them I would hold out and see if kFc would get desperate and take a 3rd or 4th...

Bob's your Information Minister
04-25-2013, 10:05 PM
Pathetic pick.

Pathetic franchise.

Von Miller is gonna rape Eric Fisher next year.

I hate football.

FearLanier
04-25-2013, 10:12 PM
I thought the fins used up their 2nd round pick to get high to get the rush OLB. So your saying they have one 2nd round pick left to pull the trigger on Albert? If I were them I would hold out and see if kFc would get desperate and take a 3rd or 4th...

They had 42 and 54. Traded 42 to Oakland. :vermeil:

The Dolphins can try to hold out, but they are the one's in trouble. If we don't get a 2nd, we can just say "well Jeff Ireland, good luck with no LT in your contract next year."

Kaylore
04-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Pathetic pick.

Pathetic franchise.

I hate football.

And they should have taken Geno Smith first overall instead!!!!

JEAHHHH!!!!

DivineLegion
04-25-2013, 10:34 PM

The Dolphins can try to hold out, but they are the one's in trouble. If we don't get a 2nd, we can just say "well Jeff Ireland, good luck with no LT in your contract next year."

Actually, the Dolphins hold all the bargaining chips. Johnathan Martin played LT pretty well in relief of Long last season, and if they wanted to they could settle for a RT and still have a very stout line. They could avoid drafting a RT and trade for Albert and keep Martin at RT, but I don't think Ireland wants to trade a 2nd for Albert. My guess is the Cheifs settle for a third, or Albert is still a Cheif come Monday.

ak1971
04-26-2013, 05:18 AM
.http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/AK7745/540742_10201158108861416_265203950_n_zps6e5cda1d.j pg (http://s283.photobucket.com/user/AK7745/media/540742_10201158108861416_265203950_n_zps6e5cda1d.j pg.html)

colorado jones
04-26-2013, 05:37 AM
Pathetic pick.

Pathetic franchise.

I hate football.

Your tears are delicious every year.

mwill07
04-26-2013, 07:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/GK1ts.gif

man, it's gonna be great for KC to draft this stud at the top of the 2nd. What a tremendous haul -a premier LT and QBotF in the same draft.

except, they can't. They have Alex Smith instead. At least Alex Smith will be protected when he throws for his 179 yards a game (career average).

Kaylore
04-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Your tears are delicious every year.

....eh, basically they got Willie Roaf back instead of blowing it on a QB who'll be out of football in three years. I suppose you can enjoy Bob's disappointment, but know it's only because he's too stupid about football to realize his team's personnel department knows what they're doing.

The Chiefs will be much better this year. Bob being sad because he doesn't know doesn't change that for me...

broncosteven
04-26-2013, 10:29 AM

I wonder if they don't try to move back to replace some picks lost in the trade up then offer you guys an even later 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-26-2013, 02:28 PM
....eh, basically they got Willie Roaf back instead of blowing it on a QB who'll be out of football in three years. I suppose you can enjoy Bob's disappointment, but know it's only because he's too stupid about football to realize his team's personnel department knows what they're doing.

The Chiefs will be much better this year. Bob being sad because he doesn't know doesn't change that for me...

Taking a RT #1 overall is completely stupid.

Geno Smith is going to make tons of GMs eat ****.

The fact that raw POS Manuel was taken over him is hilarious.

Has nothing to do with football and everything to do with "OMG LOOK HOW HUGE MANUEL IS."

DivineLegion
04-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Taking a RT #1 overall is completely stupid.

Geno Smith is going to make tons of GMs eat ****.

The fact that raw POS Manuel was taken over him is hilarious.

Has nothing to do with football and everything to do with "OMG LOOK HOW HUGE MANUEL IS."

Is that your excuse every time they pick the other guy?

;)

Tombstone RJ
04-26-2013, 02:42 PM
love the Manuel pick! The Bills don't care what you think Bob, they see a QB who they think has a lot of upside. Fact is, Geno is no closer to being ready to start in the NFL than Manuel is. If you are gonna gamble, gamble on a big, mobil and strong armed guy rather than a cry baby.

broncosteven
04-27-2013, 11:20 AM
LOL at the reach of an RB who has injury issues. They totally hosed that pick.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Gotta love chiefs fans. Bash on the broncos for losing in the playoffs, yet somehow not winning one playoff game in almost 2 decades gets a pass

KCStud
04-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Gotta love bronco fans. Bash on the chiefs for losing in the playoffs, yet somehow winning only 2 playoff games in the last 15 years is a monumental accomplishment

FYP

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-27-2013, 12:22 PM
FYP

Our Super Bowl rings in the modern era say hi. 2>0

COWheatGrower
04-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Queefs' last six years

2007: 4-12
2008: 2-14
2009: 4-12
2010: 10-6
2011: 7-9
2012: 2-14
Totals: 29-67 (.302)
5-11 average

KCStud
04-27-2013, 01:28 PM
Our Super Bowl rings in the modern era say hi. 2>0

Modern era? That was last century retard.

NFL has changed significantly since horseface won the SB. New era my ass.

jerseyboiler120
04-27-2013, 01:37 PM

Last century lmaooo. But it was literally close to a half century ago the chefs won the trophy.

broncosteven
04-27-2013, 01:38 PM

If this is true than kFc won their SB in the Prehistoric era

broncosteven
04-27-2013, 04:10 PM
The difference between kFc and us, we stole a great QB to develop in the 7th while kFc who is desperate for a quality QB doesn't take one.

FearLanier
04-27-2013, 06:43 PM
The difference between kFc and us, we stole a great QB to develop in the 7th while kFc who is desperate for a quality QB doesn't take one.

I don't think there were any quality QB's in this entire draft.

You really think Dysert is gonna beat out Brock?

DBroncos4life
04-27-2013, 06:51 PM

You should be looking at it this way. Is he a better pick then Braden Wilson and does he have more potential then Chase Daniel, Ricky Stanzi, and Alex Tanney. The answer is yes, and your FO let you down again.

Agamemnon
04-27-2013, 06:57 PM

Probably not. But we have two young guys with potential. You have a game manager with nothing behind him.

Tom A Hawk
04-27-2013, 07:13 PM

:~ohyah!:

Tombstone RJ
04-27-2013, 07:33 PM
kc could have had Barkley in what, the 4th round? Why the hell not? Even the faiders drafted a QB, Tyler Wilson out of Arkansas (my favorite college team btw, can't stand it that Wilson went to the faid).

Heck, take a flyer on Bart Scott in the 7th round, why not? Seriously, the chorfs had a subpar to bad draft and one reason is they can't even pull the trigger on a late round QB when they desperately need QB depth.

Tombstone RJ
04-27-2013, 07:37 PM
I bet kc ends up trading some draft picks to philly for Nick Foles. The ironic thing is that kc could have had Nick Foles in the 4th round of last year's draft. Now they will have to trade another second round pick to philly to bring him in.

FearLanier
04-27-2013, 07:55 PM
I think the Chiefs will get a QB next year in a better class. I don't think a 7th round QB is gonna make a difference to be honest.

Tombstone, I'm interested in your opinion of our draft and more importantly, Kniles Davis, as you are an Arknasas fan.

Kniles Davis really upset me. I didn't like that pick at all. But I thought Eric Fisher, Travis Kelce and Nico Johnson were great picks.

I don't hate or love the others because I don't know much about them.

And I don't even want to talk about Tyler Wilson. That was my biggest frustration of this draft. I've loved Wilson for months. If we were going to take any QB to develop, I wanted it to be him.

FearLanier
04-27-2013, 08:04 PM
The Chiefs just got their QB.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m
ESPN's @FieldYates reports former Tennessee QB Tyler Bray will sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, per source.

This is a fantastic signing for an UDRFA.

Tombstone RJ
04-27-2013, 08:07 PM
I think the Chiefs will get a QB next year in a better class. I don't think a 7th round QB is gonna make a difference to be honest.

Tombstone, I'm interested in your opinion of our draft and more importantly, Kniles Davis, as you are an Arknasas fan.

Kniles Davis really upset me. I didn't like that pick at all. But I thought Eric Fisher, Travis Kelce and Nico Johnson were great picks.

I don't hate or love the others because I don't know much about them.

And I don't even want to talk about Tyler Wilson. That was my biggest frustration of this draft. I've loved Wilson for months. If we were going to take any QB to develop, I wanted it to be him.

I do love Arkansas but I don't think Kniles Davis is a gonna be a good RB in the NFL. Of course, I could be wrong.

broncosteven
04-27-2013, 08:12 PM

No I don't expect him to be anything more than a #3 QB right now which is a spot we needed to fill.

I like the fact that we got a guy to develop than wasting money on retreads like Hainie.

I love the way we are homegrowing positions like OL, QB, RB, DE, DT rather than being deperate and blowing picks on guys who almost busted out of the league like Alex Smith almost did.

broncosteven
04-27-2013, 08:13 PM
The Chiefs just got their QB.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m
ESPN's @FieldYates reports former Tennessee QB Tyler Bray will sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, per source.

This is a fantastic signing for an UDRFA.

I was wondering if they were going to look at the UDFA pool, that was about the best move they have made in the last 2 days.

FearLanier
04-27-2013, 08:22 PM
I was wondering if they were going to look at the UDFA pool, that was about the best move they have made in the last 2 days.

Who were KC's bad picks?

I don't know how people don't like Travis Kelce. He was the most productive TE of all the big names last year. He's the fastest too.

He was used primary as a blocker until last year. When he was used as a receiver last year he scored 8 TD's, almost 800 yards and ran all over the place.

I loved that pick. He's like a receiver out there.

Rascal
05-06-2013, 09:32 AM
The 2014 "conditional" third-round pick the Chiefs owe the 49ers as part of the Alex Smith trade will become a second-rounder if the Chiefs finish 8-8 or better.

WOW. What a great trade KC!! LOL

Tombstone RJ
05-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Tyler Bray might actually pan out very nicely for kc. He's a big kid with a strong arm and a quick release, if Reid can coach him up, he could be a dangerous QB...

DBroncos4life
05-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Who were KC's bad picks?

I don't know how people don't like Travis Kelce. He was the most productive TE of all the big names last year. He's the fastest too.

He was used primary as a blocker until last year. When he was used as a receiver last year he scored 8 TD's, almost 800 yards and ran all over the place.

I loved that pick. He's like a receiver out there.

Maybe it's because some KC fans around here pimp guys like Tony Moeaki and Anthony Fasano as the second coming of Sharpe and TG. So to us you guys selecting another TE must be a wasted pick.

broncosteven
05-06-2013, 01:30 PM
So now that Tyson Clabo is signed with the Fins is Albert stuck on kFc again this year?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/former-pro-bowl-tackle-tyson-clabo-signs-with-miami-dolphins-050513

KCStud
05-06-2013, 06:46 PM
So now that Tyson Clabo is signed with the Fins is Albert stuck on kFc again this year?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/former-pro-bowl-tackle-tyson-clabo-signs-with-miami-dolphins-050513

LOL good luck starting Jonathan Martin at LT Miami.

I'm glad we didn't do a lateral move. Having 2 quality OT's is never a bad thing.

KCStud
05-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Maybe it's because some KC fans around here pimp guys like Tony Moeaki and Anthony Fasano as the second coming of Sharpe and TG. So to us you guys selecting another TE must be a wasted pick.

Yeah we felt the same way about brokeback fans and Maurice Clarrett i.e. the next TD.

broncosteven
05-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Yeah we felt the same way about brokeback fans and Maurice Clarrett i.e. the next TD.

But you forget we had guys like Portis and Anderson after TD who had monster years. Meanwhile kFc is trying to replace TG.

I love that when we had our 1 down year and ended up with the 2nd overall pick we got an impact player who will dominate your team for the next decade. kFc gets the 1st overall and drafts a RT.

KCStud
05-06-2013, 07:13 PM
But you forget we had guys like Portis and Anderson after TD who had monster years. Meanwhile kFc is trying to replace TG.

I love that when we had our 1 down year and ended up with the 2nd overall pick we got an impact player who will dominate your team for the next decade. kFc gets the 1st overall and drafts a RT.

Who will will play a big part in preventing your 2nd overall pick from coming off the edge.

broncosteven
05-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Who will will play a big part in preventing your 2nd overall pick from coming off the edge.

Yawn, is that all you got left in the smack tank? Our 1st over all pick will be a piece that will try to prevent our 2nd overall pick from dominating you?

Love how kFc was forced to make a Need pick over BPA. Just admit the reason they took a flyer on Fisher over Jockel was because they were afraid Miller would destroy him with his speed. Miller essentially dictated what kFc had to do draft wise. That and the fact that Reid thought he could unload the last 1st round LT bust to Miami.

Lestat
05-06-2013, 07:28 PM

a rookie RT stopping Von? :spit: surely you jest.

broncosteven
05-06-2013, 07:29 PM
a rookie RT stopping Von? :spit: surely you jest.

Hey, they think Dewayne Bowe is a real WR!

LOL

Lestat
05-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Hey, they think Dewayne Bowe is a real WR!

LOL

that's at least somewhat plausible. Fisher stopping Von, that's just nonsense.

KCStud
05-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Yawn, is that all you got left in the smack tank? Our 1st over all pick will be a piece that will try to prevent our 2nd overall pick from dominating you?

Love how kFc was forced to make a Need pick over BPA. Just admit the reason they took a flyer on Fisher over Jockel was because they were afraid Miller would destroy him with his speed. Miller essentially dictated what kFc had to do draft wise. That and the fact that Reid thought he could unload the last 1st round LT bust to Miami.

No they took Fisher because he was the best player available.

And if you think he wasn't the best player available, let's hear who you thought was.

KCStud
05-06-2013, 07:59 PM
And I hope Von likes double and triple teams, because now that Dumervil is gone, nobody is scared of any other pass rusher on your team outside of him.

boltaneer
05-07-2013, 03:18 AM
LOL good luck starting Jonathan Martin at LT Miami.

I'm glad we didn't do a lateral move. Having 2 quality OT's is never a bad thing.

The Chiefs are renting Albert for one year for $10 million. What are they going to do next year? They didn't draft Fisher #1 to play RT forever. And they're not going to pay Albert LT money to play RT (That's the only way you'll get him to move to RT).

I don't understand paying all that money for a player for one year when this team isn't on the cusp of a Super Bowl. I still don't understand trading for Alex Smith. It's like they're saying, we're content with shooting for 8-8.

KCStud
05-07-2013, 05:05 AM
The Chiefs are renting Albert for one year for $10 million. What are they going to do next year? They didn't draft Fisher #1 to play RT forever. And they're not going to pay Albert LT money to play RT (That's the only way you'll get him to move to RT).

I don't understand paying all that money for a player for one year when this team isn't on the cusp of a Super Bowl. I still don't understand trading for Alex Smith. It's like they're saying, we're content with shooting for 8-8.

They are working on a long term deal with Albert.

TheReverend
05-07-2013, 05:38 AM

Fisher was the best player in the draft.

The Chiefs will still suck, but they got a great one in Fisher. I look forward to when they trade him away like they do with all of their great players.

KCStud
05-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Fisher was the best player in the draft.

The Chiefs will still suck, but they got a great one in Fisher. I look forward to when they trade him away like they do with all of their great players.

I would think a Bronco fan would be the last person to criticize any team of getting rid of good players since you just gave away one of your best young players for literally nothing and will get nothing in return for him.

boltaneer
05-07-2013, 10:38 AM

So they're going to pay him LT money to play RT?

Or did they draft Fisher #1 to play RT?

Which is it?

Tombstone RJ
05-07-2013, 12:16 PM
I think kc fans are in a bit of denial about the draft. Fisher was not drafted #1 overall to be a RT. Albert is not going to play any other position except LT. Albert wants to be paid like a top 5 LT. KC does not want to pay him as such because Reid knows he's not going to be the LT, Fisher is.

Working on a long term deal with Albert? How?

KCStud
05-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Reid said that if Albert is here, he's the LT. Ian Rappaport said on NFL.com that we are focusing on a long term deal w Albert.

I wanted a QB to stand out in the draft, but it didn't happen. I'm not a big fan of a RT #1, but Eric Fisher is a damn good player. He was the best player this draft had to offer.

Bacchus
05-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Reid said that if Albert is here, he's the LT. Ian Rappaport said on NFL.com that we are focusing on a long term deal w Albert.

I wanted a QB to stand out in the draft, but it didn't happen. I'm not a big fan of a RT #1, but Eric Fisher is a damn good player. He was the best player this draft had to offer.

That is funny because after the college season you were saying Geno was the Chefs man. He did not play one game and everyone jumped ship on the guy.

Kaylore
05-07-2013, 01:57 PM
That is funny because after the college season you were saying Geno was the Chefs man. He did not play one game and everyone jumped ship on the guy.

Don't forget his insistence that one of the QB's taken would be the next Aaron Rogers.

It is hilarious that one of the few times the Chiefs get the first pick the best player is a lineman. Oh man, they can't even suck correctly.

Tombstone RJ
05-07-2013, 02:02 PM
lol, I don't give a rats behind if Eric Fisher is superman. You drafted him at 1.1 to play RT. Fail. Then you traded away your #2 pick in a deep, deep draft for a journey man QB who is slightly better than a day old corpse. Fail again. Then your draft as a whole, wut?? The trifecta fail!

KCStud
05-07-2013, 02:40 PM
lol, I don't give a rats behind if Eric Fisher is superman. You drafted him at 1.1 to play RT. Fail. Then you traded away your #2 pick in a deep, deep draft for a journey man QB who is slightly better than a day old corpse. Fail again. Then your draft as a whole, wut?? The trifecta fail!

1. Who should the Chiefs have drafted 1st overall?

2. Not happy w what we are giving up for Alex Smith.

3. You are judging a draft already huh? Well if that's the case then I guess we should thow in the fact that you reached for a RB and then reached again on a CB that wasn't rated high by anyone!

Oh and tell horseface thanks for letting Doom go for nothing! Thanks John!

Tombstone RJ
05-07-2013, 03:01 PM
1. Who should the Chiefs have drafted 1st overall?

2. Not happy w what we are giving up for Alex Smith.

3. You are judging a draft already huh? Well if that's the case then I guess we should thow in the fact that you reached for a RB and then reached again on a CB that wasn't rated high by anyone!

Oh and tell horseface thanks for letting Doom go for nothing! Thanks John!

Here's the deal. Albert is gone, period. This is what you don't understand. Fisher was not drafted to play RT, that's not what what he was ultimately drafted for. He will play RT his rookie season because Albert refuses to switch positions because Albert knows LT is where the money is at. He's an ok LT, but nothing special. This is why kc couldn't even get a second draft pick for him. When another team signs Albert after next season, kc will receive a conditional 3rd round pick.

broncosteven
05-07-2013, 03:15 PM

So they can trade him for a 4th round pick and unload him.

broncosteven
05-07-2013, 03:18 PM
I would think a Bronco fan would be the last person to criticize any team of getting rid of good players since you just gave away one of your best young players for literally nothing and will get nothing in return for him.

A fax machine was the difference in Doom walking, that or his agent hosed up playing games.

broncosteven
05-07-2013, 03:20 PM
And I hope Von likes double and triple teams, because now that Dumervil is gone, nobody is scared of any other pass rusher on your team outside of him.

You forget we landed a great DT in the draft. With the signing of Knighton and Phillips in FA our Pass rush and run D will be better than if we still had Doom plus there will be more pressure from inside this year than just the edges. Smith is going to have no where to hide, he may not even have time for one of his patented dump off passes before he gets mauled by the speed of Miller and Williams.

KCStud
05-07-2013, 03:42 PM
You forget we landed a great DT in the draft. With the signing of Knighton and Phillips in FA our Pass rush and run D will be better than if we still had Doom plus there will be more pressure from inside this year than just the edges. Smith is going to have no where to hide, he may not even have time for one of his patented dump off passes before he gets mauled by the speed of Miller and Williams.

So your late first round DT is a great player but Eric Fisher sucks? Ha!

Eric Fisher was the best player at the Senior Bowl. He owned everyone.

And yes I am using the word "owned" because he literally beat every DL there and most of the time it looked like he was doing it with ease.

I think Williams was a good prospect. But to imply that Williams is great and Fisher doesn't stand any chance at all against Von is hilarious.

Fisher is most definitely a player that can compete with Von. He's not Barry Richardson.

boltaneer
05-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Here's the deal. Albert is gone, period. This is what you don't understand. Fisher was not drafted to play RT, that's not what what he was ultimately drafted for. He will play RT his rookie season because Albert refuses to switch positions because Albert knows LT is where the money is at. He's an ok LT, but nothing special. This is why kc couldn't even get a second draft pick for him. When another team signs Albert after next season, kc will receive a conditional 3rd round pick.

I think this is what is going to happen as well. It would be silly to make Fisher a RT.

broncosteven
05-07-2013, 07:10 PM
So your late first round DT is a great player but Eric Fisher sucks? Ha!

Eric Fisher was the best player at the Senior Bowl. He owned everyone.

And yes I am using the word "owned" because he literally beat every DL there and most of the time it looked like he was doing it with ease.

I think Williams was a good prospect. But to imply that Williams is great and Fisher doesn't stand any chance at all against Von is hilarious.

Fisher is most definitely a player that can compete with Von. He's not Barry Richardson.

Most years Fisher and Joekel(sp?) would have gone late top 10, this year they were 1 and 2 overall. I guess if I were drafting for kFc this year I would have taken a Tackle 1st overall if I couldn't trade down either.

Williams was projected as a top 15 pick, we got him much later thanks to the run on Tackles and other teams trying to fill needs. His value being there as late as we picked is what prompted my use of the word great.

Any other year you could have picked an impact player (say a franchise QB or a can't miss pass rusher) 1st over all then still been able to move up and land one of those 2 LT's (provided you didn't overpay your 2nd round pick in a trade for a near bust QB) and still fill a couple other positions.

I am just glad kFc held the #1 overall pick in a down year for elite draft prospects.

KCStud
05-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Most years Fisher and Joekel(sp?) would have gone late top 10, this year they were 1 and 2 overall. I guess if I were drafting for kFc this year I would have taken a Tackle 1st overall if I couldn't trade down either.

Williams was projected as a top 15 pick, we got him much later thanks to the run on Tackles and other teams trying to fill needs. His value being there as late as we picked is what prompted my use of the word great.

Any other year you could have picked an impact player (say a franchise QB or a can't miss pass rusher) 1st over all then still been able to move up and land one of those 2 LT's (provided you didn't overpay your 2nd round pick in a trade for a near bust QB) and still fill a couple other positions.

I am just glad kFc held the #1 overall pick in a down year for elite draft prospects.

Haha if Sylvester Williams was a top 15 pick, 5 DL wouldn't have been picked before him and he would have went higher.

I still think Jonathan Cyprien is gonna be a better player and he would have been a better pick.

DENVERDUI55
05-08-2013, 10:20 AM

Just wait JDR is going to ''Turn Ayers loose" and he will be a monster.

Tombstone RJ
05-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Haha if Sylvester Williams was a top 15 pick, 5 DL wouldn't have been picked before him and he would have went higher.

I still think Jonathan Cyprien is gonna be a better player and he would have been a better pick.

wrong again!

Kaylore
05-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Remember when KCStud laughed at us when it was suggested Miller was one of the best pass rushers in the league?

Yeah, that's all you need to know about sheepstud.

He agrees with everything his front office does - regardless of who's in charge - and defends every move. I mean he was arguing they were going to be awesome last year. Then they have to take a QB and he insists that the pundits are wrong about no franchise QB being available in this class. But then his team doesn't take one and low and behold it was a brilliant move and Alex Smith will take them to the super bowl.

There is nothing the Chiefs do that Sheepstud doesn't think is pure gold.

They won two games last year and he was singing their praises before the season.

KCStud
05-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Remember when KCStud laughed at us when it was suggested Miller was one of the best pass rushers in the league?

He agrees with everything his front office does - regardless of who's in charge - and defends every move. I mean he was arguing they were going to be awesome last year. Then they have to take a QB and he insists that the pundits are wrong about no franchise QB being available in this class. But then his team doesn't take one and low and behold it was a brilliant move and Alex Smith will take them to the super bowl.

They won two games last year and he was singing their praises before the season.

Sweet hyperbole Gaylore. I actually don't like Alex Smith that much at all.

I do remember you saying Justin Houston was a fluke, Branden Albert sucked (but yet you liked him before the draft) and then you saying that Flacco sucked ass all week before he owned you guys.

Oh and apparently you thought John Beck was gonna be good.

you probably won't acknowledge it bc you are "never" wrong. Do you still feel absolutely awful?

DivineLegion
05-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Sweet hyperbole Gaylore. I actually don't like Alex Smith that much at all.

I do remember you saying Justin Houston was a fluke, Branden Albert sucked (but yet you liked him before the draft) and then you saying that Flacco sucked ass all week before he owned you guys.

Oh and apparently you thought John Beck was gonna be good.

you probably won't acknowledge it bc you are "never" wrong. Do you still feel absolutely awful?

I think there was a personal affection toward Beck that is understandable, and forgivable on Kaylors behalf.

delany
05-08-2013, 12:37 PM
I think there was a personal affection toward Beck that is understandable, and forgivable on Kaylors behalf.

Those Mormans travel in packs!

DBroncos4life
05-08-2013, 12:53 PM

I think the best STuD moment is when he tried to play his user name off as a Andy Studebaker tribute. STuD joined June of 07, then Andy joined the Chiefs in November of 08. Ha!

broncosteven
05-08-2013, 01:51 PM
I think the best STuD moment is when he tried to play his user name off as a Andy Studebaker tribute. STuD joined June of 07, then Andy joined the Chiefs in November of 08. Ha!

This is my favorite of all time.

KCStud
05-08-2013, 02:49 PM

Are you still crying about the joke I made about your parents?

Peoples Champ
05-09-2013, 10:53 AM

who the heck is Andy Studebaker?

Jetmeck
05-09-2013, 11:08 AM
I see you guys are still bitch slappin that fool KcDud...............

I got news for you fool.........KC doesn't have near the team around Alex Smith
that SF had............he is gonna go right back to mediocrity and I will laugh myself silly at the latest pathetic Chief trade.

DBroncos4life
05-09-2013, 11:33 AM
who the heck is Andy Studebaker?

Some back up LB.

Gutless Drunk
05-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Wide receiver Dwayne Bowe thinks that heíll benefit from quarterback Alex Smithís arrival and he thinks running back Jamaal Charles is going to find a lot of success running behind an offensive line that has added Eric Fisher at right tackle.

ď[Charles] is going to lead the league in rushing this year and Iím going to lead the league in receptions and touchdowns,Ē Bowe said, via Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star. ďWhen we get in full gear and pads and close to the season, itís going to be a show to watch.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/15/dwayne-bowe-im-going-to-lead-league-in-catches-and-touchdowns/

FearLanier
05-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Wide receiver Dwayne Bowe thinks that heíll benefit from quarterback Alex Smithís arrival and he thinks running back Jamaal Charles is going to find a lot of success running behind an offensive line that has added Eric Fisher at right tackle.

ď[Charles] is going to lead the league in rushing this year and Iím going to lead the league in receptions and touchdowns,Ē Bowe said, via Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star. ďWhen we get in full gear and pads and close to the season, itís going to be a show to watch.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/15/dwayne-bowe-im-going-to-lead-league-in-catches-and-touchdowns/

Dang you beat me to this!

I don't foresee that happening, but I like Bowe's confidence. He's not making stuff up either. He actually had more receiving TD's than any WR in 2010, with Cassel of all QB's throwing him the ball.

I think he'll have another nice year. 1,000+ yards and around 10 TD's barring injury to the team.

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2013, 02:11 PM
the off season, where kc is again crowned king of the nfl.

Shananahan
05-15-2013, 07:38 PM
I like Bowe's confidence. He's not making stuff up either. He actually had more receiving TD's than any WR in 2010
Was that the year he caught them all in a span of six or seven games and then did absolutely nothing for the rest of the season?

broncosteven
05-15-2013, 07:56 PM
the off season, where kc is again crowned king of the nfl.

Yep, they were the sexy pick to win the SB last year, I lost any remaining respect for Hub Arkush with that pick.

Tim
05-15-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm getting tired of people who talk about NFL on tv saying KC will be a playoff contender this year cause they had so many probowlers last year.. they didn't even have a lead in a game untill deep into the season and were arguably one of the worst teams of all time and the core of their team is unchanged. They just ran thier scapegoat out of town and got another bust to replace him. :chiefssux

KCStud
05-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Yep, they were the sexy pick to win the SB last year, I lost any remaining respect for Hub Arkush with that pick.

Nice hyperbole

DBroncos4life
05-15-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm getting tired of people who talk about NFL on tv saying KC will be a playoff contender this year cause they had so many probowlers last year.. they didn't even have a lead in a game untill deep into the season and were arguably one of the worst teams of all time and the core of their team is unchanged. They just ran thier scapegoat out of town and got another bust to replace him. :chiefssux

I'm pretty positive NFC players voted so many KC players in so they could win an extra 25K.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
05-15-2013, 08:59 PM

Alex Smith is status quo for them. Rethread loser taking them no where.

Who gives a **** if Reid has a run game? 15-year track record says he's going to chuck the football. Checkdown QB dumping the ball off. I am liking the new and improved Kansas City Queefs.

Bacchus
05-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Alex Smith is status quo for them. Rethread loser taking them no where.

Who gives a **** if Reid has a run game? 15-year track record says he's going to chuck the football. Checkdown QB dumping the ball off. I am liking the new and improved Kansas City Queefs.

Instead of giving up a 2nd rounder they should have trade back three times and selected Geno at the bottom of the first.

Tim
05-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Instead of giving up a 2nd rounder they should have trade back three times and selected Geno at the bottom of the first.

2nd rounder for alex smith is pretty bad but the 33rd pick for alex smith is a joke.

KCStud
05-17-2013, 11:56 PM
If he was really the 8th best RT in the league his size would not be an issue.

Why would they want a bigger RT who is worse? Makes no sense.

I watch a lot of kFc games and when Winston was playing he was noting special. Charles speed made that OL look better than it was. Put a slower avg RB back there like Hillis and they sucked.

Reid is trying to upgrade because your OL is terrible. Not sure why he isn't trying to upgrade the C and add a G and upgrade the other G position but I like that he is possibly making the team weaker to implement his system.

I can tell bc you're a Bronco fan who posts more about the Chiefs than you do the Broncos on a Broncos board.:rofl:

broncosteven
05-18-2013, 10:22 AM
I can tell bc you're a Bronco fan who posts more about the Chiefs than you do the Broncos on a Broncos board.:rofl:

I have 30k worth of posts, no doubt a lot are going to be about the chef's.

I would say the break down is

30% Broncos
30% Gene Kranz
15% Jokes
14% kFc
10% raiders
1% Chuggers

TheReverend
05-18-2013, 10:27 AM
2nd rounder for alex smith is pretty bad but the 33rd pick for alex smith is a joke.

I remember how stunned I was when I found out it was for that pick and not a fourth...

bowtown
05-18-2013, 10:42 AM

Says the guy posting on another team's message board.

KCStud
05-18-2013, 01:42 PM
I have 30k worth of posts, no doubt a lot are going to be about the chef's.

I would say the break down is

30% Broncos
30% Gene Kranz
15% Jokes
14% kFc
10% raiders
1% Chuggers

14%? Hilarious!

You bumped this thread every day for 4 months!

mwill07
05-30-2013, 09:20 AM
if I'm understanding this correctly, the Chiefs have the highest estimated cap in the league. Estimated cap = top 51 salary + dead money. (http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/)

Yes, they have a little bit of wiggle room, but man...how much does it suck to have the most money in the league tied up, and the least amount of wins?

Peoples Champ
06-13-2013, 07:16 PM
i cant believe this thread went on this long, the chiefs must really suck

broncosteven
06-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Has kFc signed McGahee yet?

Kaylore
06-13-2013, 07:48 PM
an offensive line that has added Eric Fisher at right tackle.
That is such a freaking joke.

broncosteven
07-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Bump because they still Suck!

bronco militia
07-24-2013, 02:01 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/lol-its-slimming.jpg

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Bump because they still Suck!

Camp just started and I think one of their rookies already broke their collar bone

24champ
07-24-2013, 02:02 PM
http://www.dudelol.com/oldimgs/someones-bored-in-the-cbs-production-truck.jpg

razorwire77
07-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Best training camp talent ever!

**** yeah!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18lroax6o867tgif/ku-xlarge.gif

Tombstone RJ
07-24-2013, 02:06 PM
it's that magical time of year when kc dominates the NFL. FIVE pro bowl players. FIVE. You add in a Alex Smith and Andy Reid and booosh, domination.

JLesSPE
07-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Yay, one of my favorite threads is back! That gif cracks me up. "Dang ole hell yeah little mullet!" "You got that right papa mullet! High Five! Whoo"

razorwire77
07-24-2013, 02:17 PM
It's that magical time of year where for a couple of months a few brave Chefplanet posters will come out of there depressed and apathetic holes to puff out their chests a little bit.

"Denver will be lucky to win 11 games this year."

"Denver's defense can't stop anybody."

"Some random guy at the Denver airport told me that Peyton Manning's head will fall off."

"Five probowl players."

"This is the year Jon Baldwin breaks 30 catches in a year."

JLesSPE
07-24-2013, 02:24 PM
It's that magical time of year where for a couple of months a few brave Chefplanet posters will come out of there depressed and apathetic holes to puff out their chests a little bit.

"Some random guy at the Denver airport told me that Peyton Manning's head will fall off."

"Five probowl players."

"Andy Reid will call TWO running plays IN THE SAME GAME and it'll result in 6 superbowl victories. Write it down"

orangeatheist
07-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Yep, my favorite thread on the Mane!

But if you check out ChefPlanet, they're uncharacteristically quiet over there. Not a lot of premature uncorking or misplaced bravado about the upcoming season. Do you think reality really could have finally set in after all the disappointing decades?

DBroncos4life
07-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Baldwin blows. Titus Young and his many personalities are better then him.

broncosteven
07-24-2013, 02:26 PM

"Five probowl players."

"We are going to stay and cheer through an entire football game this year!"

""insert QB name (Steve Bono, Joe Montana, Rich Gannon, Steve DeBerg, Elvis Grbac, Alex Smith, Matt Cassell, Brady Quinn, etc because I got tired of listing bust QB's that didn't win a SB for kFc)" is going to tear it up and make the "insert team name that fleeced kFc(49ers mostly)" regret trading him to us for a boat load of picks!"

"Quentin Griffith/Peyton Hillis(or other scrub bronco who got cut) will make the Broncos regret putting them in the trash!"

Tombstone RJ
07-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Yep, my favorite thread on the Mane!

But if you check out ChefPlanet, they're uncharacteristically quiet over there. Not a lot of premature uncorking or misplaced bravado about the upcoming season. Do you think reality really could have finally set in after all the disappointing decades?

they have their outspoken posters who keep insisting that they are going to make the playoffs, with the flip side of that coin being the Broncos are not as talented as kc outside of the QB position. Then they have the posters who hate the Alex Smith signing and are predicting another bad season. Everyone thinks kc will be better as Pioli and Cassel are both gone.

DBroncos4life
07-24-2013, 02:32 PM
The Chiefs haven't attempted a single running play in teams drills through two days of training camp.
Andy Reid has always been an ardent believer in slinging the ball around the yard. While we've yet to see any football games, early indications from Chiefs camp suggest Reid won't change his offensive philosophy to fit his talent in Kansas City. Jamaal Charles is the best player on the roster, and new QB Alex Smith has never had success in a high-volume pass game. In 2011 with the 49ers, Smith attempted the fewest passes of any 16-game starter. In 2012, Smith was on pace for even fewer attempts before getting benched in favor of Colin Kaepernick.

:rofl:

broncosteven
07-24-2013, 02:38 PM
The Chiefs haven't attempted a single running play in teams drills through two days of training camp.
Andy Reid has always been an ardent believer in slinging the ball around the yard. While we've yet to see any football games, early indications from Chiefs camp suggest Reid won't change his offensive philosophy to fit his talent in Kansas City. Jamaal Charles is the best player on the roster, and new QB Alex Smith has never had success in a high-volume pass game. In 2011 with the 49ers, Smith attempted the fewest passes of any 16-game starter. In 2012, Smith was on pace for even fewer attempts before getting benched in favor of Colin Kaepernick.

:rofl:

They need to work on their passing game, they have a guy who can't catch as their #1 WR, undetermined at #2 and an undersized speed guy in the slot, with a TE trying to get back to form. I see lots of dump offs and screens to the RB's.

razorwire77
07-24-2013, 02:39 PM
they have their outspoken posters who keep insisting that they are going to make the playoffs, with the flip side of that coin being the Broncos are not as talented as kc outside of the QB position. Then they have the posters who hate the Alex Smith signing and are predicting another bad season. Everyone thinks kc will be better as Pioli and Cassel are both gone.

I think that goes without saying, but they could go + 5 in the first year of Reid and still be a 7-9 team.

That's what makes the Smith trade so outstanding. He'll improve the team enough ensure a steady stream of 7 or 8 win seasons for the next 2-3 years as KC refuses to address QB yet again.

mwill07
07-24-2013, 02:40 PM
in the comments section at a Chiefs blog: (http://chiefsdreams.com/2013/07/20/broncos-nightmares-questions-with-the-enemy/)

QB: Our Qb is more consistent, and has an added element because he can move, peyton canít. Chiefs.
RB: Our running game is one of the best. Jamaal, Kniles, and even Gray and Draughn. The Broncos are smallish and clock consumers, not those that canít carry a drive. Chiefs.
WR: Their receivers are bigger than ours, but we have more depth at the position, allowing us to afford an injury. After Decker and Thomas, its weak. Slight Broncos.
TE: Our TEís can pass block, run block, and catch. Their TEís are about average. Kelce and Moeaki are younger than Dreesen and Tamme, and are more versatile. Slight Chiefs.
OL: Our line doesnít get pub, but Asaomah and Albert hold it down, and the others continue to rise every year. Denverís line is overrated and older than what everyone thinks. Chiefs.
DL: Again, an underrated group. Jackson gets better every year, and they got Devito, who is very good at stopping the run. Weíre waiting to see Denverís. Slight Chiefs.
LB: Say what you want about Von Miller. You wonít hear much now that Elvis is gone. Hali and Houston are the best pass rushing duo in the league, and they can cover. Elvis is a one-trick pony, just ask Pitta. Chiefs
Secondary: Bailey what? Yeah, when the Bronco pass rush did nothing, the secondary was exposed. Its not very good. Ask Flacco and Torrey. KCís secondary held up even when the pass rush didnít, or played so well we got a sack. Our entire defense is underrated. Chiefs.
Special Teams: Tie. Both have excellent units, and both can take kicks or punts for scores.
Coaching: If you watched last yearís divisional round, you know its Reid who gets the nod here. Fox was too conservative and it cost them, it wasnít like the Ravens D was playing that well, Fox got scared into a failure on his own turf.
Chiefs Win 9-2.

razorwire77
07-24-2013, 02:44 PM
in the comments section at a Chiefs blog: (http://chiefsdreams.com/2013/07/20/broncos-nightmares-questions-with-the-enemy/)

QB: Our Qb is more consistent, and has an added element because he can move, peyton canít. Chiefs.
RB: Our running game is one of the best. Jamaal, Kniles, and even Gray and Draughn. The Broncos are smallish and clock consumers, not those that canít carry a drive. Chiefs.
WR: Their receivers are bigger than ours, but we have more depth at the position, allowing us to afford an injury. After Decker and Thomas, its weak. Slight Broncos.
TE: Our TEís can pass block, run block, and catch. Their TEís are about average. Kelce and Moeaki are younger than Dreesen and Tamme, and are more versatile. Slight Chiefs.
OL: Our line doesnít get pub, but Asaomah and Albert hold it down, and the others continue to rise every year. Denverís line is overrated and older than what everyone thinks. Chiefs.
DL: Again, an underrated group. Jackson gets better every year, and they got Devito, who is very good at stopping the run. Weíre waiting to see Denverís. Slight Chiefs.
LB: Say what you want about Von Miller. You wonít hear much now that Elvis is gone. Hali and Houston are the best pass rushing duo in the league, and they can cover. Elvis is a one-trick pony, just ask Pitta. Chiefs
Secondary: Bailey what? Yeah, when the Bronco pass rush did nothing, the secondary was exposed. Its not very good. Ask Flacco and Torrey. KCís secondary held up even when the pass rush didnít, or played so well we got a sack. Our entire defense is underrated. Chiefs.
Special Teams: Tie. Both have excellent units, and both can take kicks or punts for scores.
Coaching: If you watched last yearís divisional round, you know its Reid who gets the nod here. Fox was too conservative and it cost them, it wasnít like the Ravens D was playing that well, Fox got scared into a failure on his own turf.
Chiefs Win 9-2.
Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

broncosteven
07-24-2013, 02:44 PM

Chiefs Win 9-2.

Nothing like a hit of Kool aid at the start of TC! We have Wes Welker and we only get a slight edge at WR! LOL

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-24-2013, 02:46 PM
And they wonder why fanbases of all the teams in the league think they are stupid.

Tim
07-24-2013, 02:47 PM

Chiefs Win 9-2.
That had to have been a joke

Tombstone RJ
07-24-2013, 02:48 PM

Chiefs Win 9-2.

word

DBroncos4life
07-24-2013, 02:49 PM
KC doesn't even have one 1000 yard WR from last year. We have 3. Hilarious! Slight advantage HAHAHAHA

bronco militia
07-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Alex smith over peyton ****ing manning???? Theres' no reason to continue reading

Ha!

KCStud
07-24-2013, 03:35 PM

Outside of QB and WR, there really isn't much of a case for any position group you have being better than ours honestly.

razorwire77
07-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Outside of QB and WR, there really isn't much of a case for any position group you have being better than ours honestly.

O-line? D-line? TE? You ****ing homer!

DBroncos4life
07-24-2013, 03:43 PM

They went how long without a lead? Worst NFL team I ever watched.

KCStud
07-24-2013, 03:43 PM

Speaking of homer ^^^

Kaylore
07-24-2013, 03:47 PM

Remember this is the guy who said Justin Houston was better than Von Miller.

oubronco
07-24-2013, 03:52 PM
And the Queefs still suck ass LOL

razorwire77
07-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Remember this is the guy who said Justin Houston was better than Von Miller.
Hilarious!

Interesting how a line that features Ryan Clady, Beadles, Vasquez, and a really underrated Orlando Franklin is inferior to

Branden Albert at LT, a yet to be signed rookie at RT, and "aren't quiet set" at the interior line.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/06/05/4274698/chiefs-arent-quite-set-at-middle.html

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-24-2013, 03:54 PM

You cannot go that long without even holding a lead if they matched the broncos. It's ridiculous to even compare the 2 and proves the argument that KC fans are mad delusional during offseasons.

This time last year I saw several raiders fans predicting stupidity. Their season calmed down their delusion and they are now humble(not a raider fan in sight this year). Chiefs fans are predicting west champs while saying their team has more talent than a team who won 11 more games than them.

razorwire77
07-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Let's not forget that dominating defensive line consisting of bust in waiting Dontari Poe, Tyson Jackson (a guy that has been so 'meh' that he restructured his contract in the off season to avoid being cut) and Mike Devito a veteran depth guy with 2 sacks in 5 years.

Championship!

KCStud
07-24-2013, 04:08 PM
You cannot go that long without even holding a lead if they matched the broncos. It's ridiculous to even compare the 2 and proves the argument that KC fans are mad delusional during offseasons.

This time last year I saw several raiders fans predicting stupidity. Their season calmed down their delusion and they are now humble(not a raider fan in sight this year). Chiefs fans are predicting west champs while saying their team has more talent than a team who won 11 more games than them.

Chiefs held the Broncos to 17 points at Arrowhead would have beaten them if they had a QB that was worth a ****.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Chiefs held the Broncos to 17 points at Arrowhead would have beaten them if they had a QB that was worth a ****.

L means.....

So they blow them out one game and just beat them the other. Point is comparing the 2 teams and coming out with the chiefs leading in most categories is ludicrous.

razorwire77
07-24-2013, 04:13 PM
L means.....

So they blow them out one game and just beat them the other. Point is comparing the 2 teams and coming out with the chiefs leading in most categories is ludicrous.

and they didn't just beat them. They beat them on the road by 8 points, in a game that was probably the most poorly executed of all of Denver's wins last year.

KCStud
07-24-2013, 04:14 PM
L means.....

Not saying the Chiefs are better in most categories. I'm saying that the Broncos are not easily better in the other position groups.

The one position group that the Chiefs are better than the Broncos at without question is LB. 3 of our 4 LB's are multiple year pro bowlers (soon to be multiple year probowlers in Houston's case).

Von is a great player, but he's just one guy. Easily take us as a whole.

mwill07
07-24-2013, 04:15 PM

Lol. Season highlight for KC there...had a lead for the first time in 11 games, kept the Denver O to a season low 2 TD's, and still lost by 8. At home.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Not saying the Chiefs are better in most categories. I'm saying that it's close in the position groups outside of QB and WR.

The one position group that the Chiefs are better than the Broncos at without question is LB. 3 of our 4 LB's are multiple year pro bowlers (soon to be multiple year probowlers in Houston's case).

great, and whats the only position that matters?

QB. If Alex Smith is ****, so is your team.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-24-2013, 04:17 PM

Thanks for the anecdotal nonsense.

KCStud
07-24-2013, 04:17 PM
great, and whats the only position that matters?

QB. If Alex Smith is ****, so is your team.

Groundbreaking news.

Br0nc0Buster
07-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Only a Chiefs fan would brag about a game they actually lost

Chiefs lost by 8 at home with "8 probowlers OMG" to us

Maybe if they get 16 they tie us

SonOfLe-loLang
07-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Groundbreaking news.

Uh, in your last post you were all WE'RE ALMOST EQUALS! Just that whole QB thing.

Irish Stout
07-24-2013, 04:43 PM

Well lets take a sample size of the unit - since we have like 6 guys listed at LB and you have like 29 right now.
Sample:
Unit C - Derrick Johnson(2 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 125 tackle),
Tamba Hali (9 sacks, 1ff, 1int, 51 tackles),
Justin Houston (10 sacks, 1ff, 1 int, 66 tackles)
Unit C has 242 tackles, 19 sacks, 5 ff, 2 interceptions

Unit B - Shaun Phillips (9 sacks, 2 ff, 50 tackles),
Wesley Woodyard (5 sacks, 1 ff, 3 ints, 117 tackles),
Von Miller (18 sacks, 6 ff, 1int, 68 tackles)
Unit B has 235 tackles, 32 sacks, 9 ff, 4 interceptions.

So unless 7 more tackles make Unit C better than Unit B, then they're still the C Unit.

Houshyamama
07-24-2013, 04:53 PM

Chiefs Win 9-2.

There exists no adequate language to describe the towering level of homer displayed here.

Rolandftw
07-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Derrick Johnson is a great MLB, but wouldn't want anything to do with Tamba Hali at his salary. I think he got into about as many scrums with the opposing team as he got sacks.

DBroncos4life
07-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Derrick Johnson is a great MLB, but wouldn't want anything to do with Tamba Hali at his salary. I think he got into about as many scrums with the opposing team as he got sacks.

It's amazing how much better he got in the 3-4. I think he was pretty bad in a 4-3 for a top 15 pick.

canadianbroncosfan
07-24-2013, 05:08 PM

Chiefs Win 9-2.

13-3 and 2-14 records.

Yeah I'd say advantage Chorfs

colorado jones
07-24-2013, 05:20 PM

Shoulda, woulda , coulda... Kinda like your life.

Save these trash takes for the NBA thread.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-24-2013, 05:25 PM

Chiefs Win 9-2.

I'd love for him to elaborate on the Alex Smith is better than Peyton theory!

I was just reading his blog, and he writes about Peyton being a BUST. Yes, Peyton Manning is a BUST because he's a number 1 overall that hasn't done enough in his career (?)...according to him. Putting aside the fact that the Chiefs also have a former overall number one pick thats done FAR LESS than PM, I wonder what he thinks of JaMarcus Russell?

Br0nc0Buster
07-24-2013, 05:45 PM
I'd love for him to elaborate on the Alex Smith is better than Peyton theory!

As has been pointed out earlier, Peyton's head is about to fall off

Some Chief fan heard that from a stranger at an airport so you know its legit

DBroncos4life
07-24-2013, 05:55 PM
As has been pointed out earlier, Peyton's head is about to fall off

Some Chief fan heard that from a stranger at an airport so you know its legit

Come on it just wasn't a stranger it was a "well dressed" stranger. That means he was either a doctor or a lawyer. Any other profession you would have holes in your clothes.

Bronco Boy
07-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Every preseason the KC yokels like KCStudabaker come out of their Winnebagos and double-wides to tell us how awesome the Chiefs are going to be. Then the regular season starts and their woes begin. Such is life.

Stuck in Cali
07-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Man I love this thread!

24champ
07-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Best training camp talent ever!

**** yeah!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18lroax6o867tgif/ku-xlarge.gif

All that's missing is the Cantina Band in the background from the Star Wars bar scene. Hilarious!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md0r16PB231rpu5ulo1_400.gif

bowtown
07-24-2013, 07:36 PM
My favorite part is the totally unamused old guy in the back.

broncosteven
07-24-2013, 07:38 PM
Not saying the Chiefs are better in most categories. I'm saying that the Broncos are not easily better in the other position groups.

IDK Miller and Woodyard are at least equal to DJ, Houston, AND Hali

Houston and Hali disappear vs the run DJ disappears vs the pass

Miller's stats are double Houston's and Hali's in most categories. Hali's stats have been on the decline the last 2 years.

Put Siler in with our TBD MLB and it is at least a push or very slight lead for kFc for 2012.

2013 we added Phillips so our depth is light years better than what you guys added.

It will be fun to watch you guys try to keep us to 17 points at home this year with the addition of Montee Ball, Wes Welker, and a healthy Clady.

It will also be fun to see if Alex Smith goes back to his play from his 1st 3 years and throws more INT's than TD's. That is the thing I would be most worried about as a kFc fan, you have a QB who took 3 years to get more TD's than INT's and he has only one quality WR and a RB to dump it to.

I think Reid could have made Cassell as good a QB that Smith will be, maybe even better but there is no way they could have brought him back after the fan outrage last year.

ZONA
07-24-2013, 08:01 PM
who cares about position groups. It's a team sport. Broncos will roll the Chiefs, again. Since none of the other AFC West teams know what to do when they win the division, it's up to the Broncos to once again show them how it's done. A little unlucky last year but this year there will be no freakish weather and lucky hail mary to keep us from our Superbowl destiny.

This is one of those years where no 9-7 slumping team that barely could make the playoffs gets on a hot roll. This is a year where a dominant team will just cruise through. Just as the 98 Broncos did, the 2013 Broncos shall own the league and hoist the trophy in the end.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-24-2013, 08:14 PM
My favorite part is the totally unamused old guy in the back.

I like the dude in the top right corner with the emo cut who jumps up for a second

DENVERDUI55
07-24-2013, 09:36 PM

Isn't kind of hard to say that when you haven't scored over 30 total points in the last 4 games against an opponent?

Wes Mantooth
07-24-2013, 10:13 PM

Chiefs Win 9-2.

Preseason Super bowl Champs for 30 years straight.

JLesSPE
07-25-2013, 06:59 AM

You're comparing apples to oranges here. Two completely different defensive schemes. KC runs a 3-4, Denver runs a nickel 4-3. We score a hell of a lot of points so the opposing team has to throw a lot which means we only have 2 LBs on the field the majority of the time. So you're comparing Von Miller and the highest rated coverage MLB in the league (http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspecial/ci_23693354/wesley-woodyard-seeking-new-contract-denver-broncos?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter) to KCs 4 LBs. I'd say both teams have very talented groups. Neither one is better than the other because you can't compare them.

Irish Stout
07-25-2013, 09:11 AM
IDK Miller and Woodyard are at least equal to DJ, Houston, AND Hali

Houston and Hali disappear vs the run DJ disappears vs the pass

Miller's stats are double Houston's and Hali's in most categories. Hali's stats have been on the decline the last 2 years.

Put Siler in with our TBD MLB and it is at least a push or very slight lead for kFc for 2012.

2013 we added Phillips so our depth is light years better than what you guys added.

It will be fun to watch you guys try to keep us to 17 points at home this year with the addition of Montee Ball, Wes Welker, and a healthy Clady.

It will also be fun to see if Alex Smith goes back to his play from his 1st 3 years and throws more INT's than TD's. That is the thing I would be most worried about as a kFc fan, you have a QB who took 3 years to get more TD's than INT's and he has only one quality WR and a RB to dump it to.

I think Reid could have made Cassell as good a QB that Smith will be, maybe even better but there is no way they could have brought him back after the fan outrage last year.

Spot on for my post on the prior page. Chiefs top 3 LBs had 7 more sacks than our top 3 LBs, and about half the sacks and turn overs (that is taking Phillips 2012 year with SD). Our LBs also spent less time on the field, which clearly equates to less opportunity to tackle and cause turn overs... so if our LBs spent the same amount of time on the field as the Chiefs D, would our D have even better sats?

mwill07
07-25-2013, 09:17 AM
bottom line: KC's D was 24th in scoring last year, ours was 4th. Despite all of their pro-bowlers, they were one of the worse squads in the league. Claiming any kind of superiority is absurd.

Here's an interesting KC Defensive stat - the led the league in passes attempted against. That's something, right?

Los Broncos
07-25-2013, 10:19 AM
KC sucks balls

FearLanier
07-25-2013, 10:20 AM
bottom line: KC's D was 24th in scoring last year, ours was 4th. Despite all of their pro-bowlers, they were one of the worse squads in the league. Claiming any kind of superiority is absurd.

Here's an interesting KC Defensive stat - the led the league in passes attempted against. That's something, right?

A lot of this is attributed to the offense. Your offense was on the field a lot and rarely put your defense in a bad position. They put them in great positions to pin their ears back.

Our defense was on the field all game long all year. The defense was always tired because the offense could never create quality drives. We didn't have a lead until halfway through the season, so our 2 pass rushers never got to pin their ears back. I heard this morning that Justin Houston was one of 5 LB's in the NFL last year that played 1,000 snaps.

Can't imagine that kind of pressure to hold offenses at bay when your QB turns the ball over 3 times as often as he throws TD's.

GreatBronco16
07-25-2013, 10:52 AM
A lot of this is attributed to the offense. Your offense was on the field a lot and rarely put your defense in a bad position. They put them in great positions to pin their ears back.

Our defense was on the field all game long all year. The defense was always tired because the offense could never create quality drives. We didn't have a lead until halfway through the season, so our 2 pass rushers never got to pin their ears back. I heard this morning that Justin Houston was one of 5 LB's in the NFL last year that played 1,000 snaps.

Can't imagine that kind of pressure to hold offenses at bay when your QB turns the ball over 3 times as often as he throws TD's.

:Whaaaa!:

DENVERDUI55
07-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Same BS every single year from KC. All the preseason hype then come excuses about mid season and the fire everyone talk.

broncocalijohn
07-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Same BS every single year from KC. All the preseason hype then come excuses about mid season and the fire everyone talk.

To wrap it up, so many great players, such a ****ty team.

Congratulations on the Chiefs winning the Preseason Best Players = Division Champions Award for the 4 straight year. They took this award from San Diego who actually backed it up by winning the division for years.

Rocket 7
07-25-2013, 12:12 PM
The Broncos just won the division in back to back years. Something the Chiefs have never done in team history.

FearLanier
07-25-2013, 05:38 PM

People outside of KC are the one's talking us up. Herm, Teddy Bruschi, Billick, Peter King and of course Pioli (because he built a lot of the current team).

Do you expect fans to not get excited when big media heads like their team?

broncocalijohn
07-25-2013, 05:55 PM
People outside of KC are the one's talking us up. Herm, Teddy Bruschi, Billick, Peter King and of course Pioli (because he built a lot of the current team).

and how did that work out for you guys last season? The big hype became one of the worst teams ever since the merger.

DENVERDUI55
07-25-2013, 06:03 PM

Does last year ring a bell? Same guys saying same thing last year.

Rolandftw
07-25-2013, 06:29 PM

While there is some truth to what you say, KC's defensive stats are not bad last year only because they were on the field a lot. There have been other teams that have been on the field as much, if not more, that didn't allow offenses to put up the numbers that KC did.

Look at Denver in 2011, with Tebow and Orton and compare it to Cassel and Quinn in 2012.

2011 Broncos

Rushing 4.1 YPA 13th
Passing 7.5 20th
Turnovers 18 28th
3rd Down 33.5 6th
Tackles 1023 23rd
Sacks 42.0 9th
TOP 29:43 23rd
Off Turnovers 30

2012 Chiefs

Rushing 4.5 YPA 23rd
Passing 8.0 YPA 30th
Turnovers 13 31st
3rd Down 39.1 19th
Tackles 927 32nd
Sacks 27 29th
TOP 30:20 24th
Off Turnovers 37

Denver was on the field just as much in 2011 as KC was in 2012, yet that didn't stop their pass rushers from having a lot of sacks. They had more tackles, a better 3rd down efficiency, and gave up less yards per rush and pass attempts. KC did commit more turnovers, but were the 7 turnovers over a 16 game span really the only difference between the two defense?

KC has some really good pieces defensively, but a lot of them were recognized more for past achievements then good on field play last year (really, Derrick Johnson is probably about the only exception defensively)

FearLanier
07-25-2013, 06:42 PM
and how did that work out for you guys last season? The big hype became one of the worst teams ever since the merger.

The worst pieces of that team by were the QB and HC/coaching staff, but now they are gone and replacing them is one of the most efficient QB's of the last 2 years and a HC who only has 3 losing seasons in his 14 year career.

No reason why fans can't think our team can compete on the field this year and be a pretty solid team.

FearLanier
07-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Does last year ring a bell? Same guys saying same thing last year.

A lot of big media heads picked Denver to represent the AFC in the SB and it just didn't happen for you guys. Does that mean you have no chance this year since they feel the same way?

DENVERDUI55
07-25-2013, 06:57 PM
A lot of big media heads picked Denver to represent the AFC in the SB and it just didn't happen for you guys. Does that mean you have no chance this year since they feel the same way?

Not many picked Denver in the preseason. Show me a link to one actually. Now back to the point what does that have to do with Chief fans thinking every single year that their team will be good? Hell there are some idiot chief homer that says Smith is better than Manning.

Rohirrim
07-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Do the Chiefs still suck?

Why, yes. Yes they do.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-25-2013, 07:12 PM
The worst pieces of that team by were the QB and HC/coaching staff, but now they are gone and replacing them is one of the most efficient QB's of the last 2 years and a HC who only has 3 losing seasons in his 14 year career.

No reason why fans can't think our team can compete on the field this year and be a pretty solid team.

Efficient QB? He's been one of the worst in the league in 3rd down conversions. Extremely horrible at converting a 3rd and long. In 2011 they ranked 31st in 3rd down conversions. Alot of that was directly on Smith.

Tombstone RJ
07-25-2013, 08:11 PM

Herm Edwards? Scott Pioli? I put zero stock in their opinions. Who gives a rip what Bruschi or Billick think? They get paid to talk, that's what they do.

broncosteven
07-25-2013, 08:15 PM

They were the sexy pick to win it all last year as well. Hub Arkush (of PFW) lost any remaining respect I had for him when he picked kFc to win it all last year.

FearLanier
07-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Not many picked Denver in the preseason. Show me a link to one actually. Now back to the point what does that have to do with Chief fans thinking every single year that their team will be good? Hell there are some idiot chief homer that says Smith is better than Manning.

I think that you know just as much as I do that every fanbase has a few delusional fans.

The majority of our fanbase thinks we can have a pretty decent team this year. Probably around 7 or 8 wins.

I live in KC and I don't see hardly any people or media members proclaiming that we're going to be an elite team, especially after last year. It's more like cautious optimism.

I notice you guys always bring up Chiefsplanet (are they the rival board?). It's hard for me to believe that there are Chiefs homers when I see threads like this.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480

FearLanier
07-25-2013, 08:58 PM
They were the sexy pick to win it all last year as well. Hub Arkush (of PFW) lost any remaining respect I had for him when he picked kFc to win it all last year.

Who is Hub Arkush? Because he's the only person I know of that said we were going all the way. Most people just said we would win the division last year.

mwill07
07-25-2013, 09:03 PM

you know what? I'll give you this one. In another thread, I made a claim that the 24th ranked Bronco D in 2011 was better than their stats indicated because of poor QB play. Guess what - 2012 KC D was very similar statistically.

I wouldn't expect the same turnaround though - we upgraded to PFM and you made a lateral move with Alex Smith (3 career 300 yard passing games in 77 starts).

boltaneer
07-26-2013, 11:29 AM

Come on now. The Broncos are stacked right now. They've put in all their chips for the Manning window. The Chiefs have been in some bizarre pseudo rebuild for years now but haven't really moved foward.

You could go down the list, starter vs starter and most people would take the Bronco player over the Chief player at just about every position.

Johnykbr
07-26-2013, 11:34 AM
The Chiefs have been in some bizarre pseudo rebuild for years now but haven't really moved foward.

They're still rebuilding from their last rebuilding process.

bowtown
07-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Come on now. The Broncos are stacked right now. They've put in all their chips for the Manning window. The Chiefs have been in some bizarre pseudo rebuild for years now but haven't really moved foward.

You could go down the list, starter vs starter and most people would take the Bronco player over the Chief player at just about every position.

Except for QB obv. Alex Smith is way more consistent. He didn't throw any ints in the playoffs last year.

TheReverend
07-26-2013, 12:53 PM

Literally everywhere but ILB and S, imo. I'd like Hali as a DE in our system too.

...and that's it. I'm big on Fisher, but he'd have to sit at RT, I guess.

KCStud
07-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Broncosteven, don't you realize this is Chiefs camp?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQI__R_CIAIOjVM.jpg:large

scorpio
07-26-2013, 08:16 PM

Wow, look at the tens of people lining up to watch Chiefs training camp.

Maybe even dozens.

DivineLegion
07-27-2013, 07:43 AM
Wow, look at the tens of people lining up to watch Chiefs training camp.

Maybe even dozens.

That picture gives me chills, you can just feel the excitement of the fans, and the atmosphere has something special about it. I may be going out on a limb here, but based on the enthusiasm I'm picking up, the Cheifs are gonna win 5 games this year. I know, I know, I sound absolutely crazy, but you can feel it! Can't you? That old guy, yes that one there, he's the last person in his family to see the Cheifs win a Super Bowl, and his son is the only other person in the family to see the Cheifs win a playoff game; that's special. Andy Reid is a fat man, but every lipid in his body breaths excellence!

lolcopter
07-27-2013, 08:14 AM
bumping this. I just checked and it's been confirmed that the chiefs still suck

bowtown
07-27-2013, 08:17 AM
Thank god they put up those baracades. Would have been chaos.

DivineLegion
07-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Thank god they put up those baracades. Would have been chaos.

Chiefs fans = Cattle

DENVERDUI55
07-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Remember when we kicked your ass the last time we played you?

I do know that in the last 4 games the Queefs haven't even scored 30 total points.

DENVERDUI55
07-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Geno Smith is going to be a badass. Even better than RGIII.
Romeo and Pioli are both going to be fired and kicked out of town.
A new dawn is coming.
The Chiefs will draft Geno Smith and rule the AFC West for the next 15 years.
Good job fatboy!

broncosteven
07-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Who is Hub Arkush? Because he's the only person I know of that said we were going all the way. Most people just said we would win the division last year.

He was the founder and writer for Pro Football Weekly, he also lives in Chicago and covers the bears on gameday.

BTW I think Boomer also picked kFc to go all the way last year but being the big fat mouth of ESPN I can't find any evidence anymore.

broncosteven
08-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Holy Smokes!

I didn't know they moved Analhead to Kansas.

Tourists flock to Kansas sinkhole even though that's a really bad idea
8 hrs ago
What better way for a tourist to spend a sunny afternoon than peering into a violent geological feature that’s practically synonymous with death and destruction? In Kansas, a massive sinkhole has become a tourist attraction as it swallows up a pasture in Wallace County. Vacationers and curious citizens are reportedly coming from miles around to see the 90-foot-deep, 200-foot-wide crater, which is growing by the day. People keep flocking here to get a look at the hole

More below

http://now.msn.com/kansas-sinkhole-is-a-tourist-attraction-despite-warnings-to-stay-away?gt1=50501

Totally sounds like Chef fans, they would probably leave the sink hole in the 3rd quarter after it eats their Camero and sisters.

broncocalijohn
08-04-2013, 07:10 PM

Yes he does and was trying to show the masses of gullible fans what a winning jersey looks like. Maybe makes those sporting a Broyle jersey can finally come to the realization that they need a new jersey or team.

Maybe he is there to see the hype he has heard about the Chiefs being the best team on paper.

fdf
08-04-2013, 07:15 PM

For KC, winning the division is "going all the way."

Gutless Drunk
08-09-2013, 08:40 AM
"Don't Sleep on the Chiefs"

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9547649/bill-barnwell-breaks-fortunes-kansas-city-chiefs

Tombstone RJ
08-09-2013, 08:55 AM
"Don't Sleep on the Chiefs"

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9547649/bill-barnwell-breaks-fortunes-kansas-city-chiefs

The article is long and detailed in it's analysis but it's conclusion (last paragraph) basically says "kc can be anywhere from 5-11 to 11-5, we just don't know until the games are played!" Really? Wow, you don't say!

I'll admit that this is better than that garbarge article they wrote about the Broncos a few years back, where they predicted the Broncos were going to be a worse team with Manning.

razorwire77
08-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Don't sleep on the Chiefs. They might have a 5 game improvement over last season and almost break .500.

lolcopter
08-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Doubtful

Greatspirits
08-09-2013, 01:45 PM
The queefs should be better, they can't get any worse can they? They have a roster of some pretty decent players, Alex Smith is definitely and upgrade from the garbage QB's they've had in the past but I still wouldn't put him in the upper echelon of top quarterbacks. He benefited from playing with a loaded niners team last year where all they asked of him was just don't screw up. I'm saying 8-8 this year.

razorwire77
08-09-2013, 01:53 PM
I find it hilarious that they could improve their win total by 6 games and still be a .500 team.