PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs suck

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

DENVERDUI55
01-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Well let me ask you this. Do you think the Broncos would be anywhere near what they are this year without him?

Fox has always been known to be conservative and his offenses haven't been all that great.

I think you should give JDR some credit for that defense, too. He's been fantastic for you guys.

Of course Peyton Manning is a huge reason for our success. Fox has been nothing but a great coach here. The defense has been good to great under him. Even last year they were very good til the piss poor Offense kept the D on the field too long and they could be beat. The amount of defensive and ST TD's under Fox has been great. Del Rio has been awesome too and it is obvious Fox and him work well together.

FearLanier
01-01-2013, 08:18 PM
I guarantee they win the division. Fox won the division with an unemployed punt protector.

That's very debatable. You think Tebow leads that comeback in SD?

I think it would have been a close race between you two.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-01-2013, 08:19 PM
That's very debatable. You think Tebow leads that comeback in SD?

I think it would have been a close race between you two.

What makes you think tebow would be the starter if manning wasn't here? If it wasn't manning it would've been someone other than tebow.

FearLanier
01-01-2013, 08:25 PM
What makes you think tebow would be the starter if manning wasn't here? If it wasn't manning it would've been someone other than tebow.

Ah yes you're right. I'm wondering who that would be? Do you think Elway would have started Twilight?

I think Elway would have gotten a FA QB and had his draft pick learn. Twilight is a developmental guy with little starting experience.

Kaylore
01-01-2013, 08:26 PM
We win because Del Rio was signed before Manning was here. With this defense, in this crappy division I'm sure we would have been able to schlep out 8 wins.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Ah yes you're right. I'm wondering who that would be? Do you think Elway would have started Twilight?

I think Elway would have gotten a FA QB and had his draft pick learn. Twilight is a developmental guy with little starting experience.

Im not sure where he wouldve turned to. Hard to say. Could've still been Brock. Or some journeyman veteran for short term. Good thing plan A happened cause I don't think there was ever a plan B. that quote from them seems scary true

DENVERDUI55
01-01-2013, 08:32 PM

I think Denver would of drafted Brandon Weeden honestly.

FearLanier
01-01-2013, 08:34 PM
And my goodness Schefter is butchering this Andy Reid situation.

He tweeted that it's a 95% certainty that he's in Arizona and then a Cardinals official says they haven't even interviewed Reid yet and that it is false.

5 mins ago on NFL Live they said Reid wants to explore his options around the league (aka drive the price up).

Bob's your Information Minister
01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Bowe isn't coming back. He hates it there.

He said otherwise in the media.

And he'll love it even more when The Clark Knight pays him handsomely.

TheReverend
01-01-2013, 08:59 PM

No worries. Pioli knows what talent to retain.

Hilarious!

Rolandftw
01-01-2013, 09:00 PM

You're really obsessed with Batman

FearLanier
01-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Good job Clark.

Adam Schefter ‏ @ AdamSchefter
Plot thickens: Before arriving in Arizona tonight, Andy Reid will interview today in Philadelphia with the KC Chiefs, via @ mortreport.

FearLanier
01-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Oh baby!!!!

Jason Cole ‏ @ JasonColeYahoo Educated guess here based on talks with many: If Reid gets KC job, Pioli power diminishes or fired. Also, think Reid is using AZ as leverage

@JasonLaCanfora Doubt he gets to #Cardinals! Always been atop the #Chiefs wish list! If Price is Right and Heckert is GM, KC locks it up.

Jason Cole ‏ @ JasonColeYahoo Also, if you know agent Bob Lamonte's MO (reps Reid, Gruden, Holmgren) G, it sure looks like # Cardinals are the ones getting used.

DENVERDUI55
01-02-2013, 09:43 AM
What did you think of Poe this year?

Kaylore
01-02-2013, 09:52 AM
You could do worse than Reid. I have no idea what kind of GM he is, but I always liked him. My only issue is if he is burned out or not. However Fox went right into his gig here and just changing scenery seemed to energize him. I would be a bit skeptical of him getting all power and having to divide his attention.

BroncoBeavis
01-02-2013, 09:57 AM
No worries. Pioli knows what talent to retain.

Hilarious!

TLDR

FearLanier
01-02-2013, 10:07 AM
If Reid comes to KC, Tom Heckert would presumably join him to be GM.

Chiefs President of Business Operations, Mark Donovan, was in Philly before coming to KC and is said to be very close with Reid.

Reid would bring instant respect to the Chiefs. I don't see why he would want to go to Arizona? Harbaugh, Carrol and Fisher make that the strongest division in the NFC next year IMO.

He would be a great fit with the Chiefs. This would be a fantastic hire by Clark. Get it done.

Bronco Boy
01-02-2013, 10:30 AM
Reid would bring instant respect to the Chiefs.

Hilarious!

Rolandftw
01-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Reid would bring more credibility as a head coach, then Crennel obviously. I suspect that Reid wants to drive up his price, but we'll see. KC might give him an offer that he can't turn down.

With that said, Reid isn't a miracle worker and KC still needs a ton of help

FearLanier
01-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Reid would bring more credibility as a head coach, then Crennel obviously. I suspect that Reid wants to drive up his price, but we'll see. KC might give him an offer that he can't turn down.

With that said, Reid isn't a miracle worker and KC still needs a ton of help

Well he is a guy who can develop a QB, find talent and lead men.

He's made the playoffs 9 out of his 14 years in Philly and went to 5 NFC Championship games and a SB.

That's a very good hire IMO.

Rolandftw
01-02-2013, 03:09 PM
They could do worse for sure. Tho I'm not sure what Philadelphia has done is very comparable to what KC can do. They won't have a QB likely at a Donovan McNabb level even, and other then him... Philadelphia hasn't exactly developed too many QB's. Not to mention, the Eagles go big in free agency. Not sure KC will have that same type of ability

E_Rox
01-02-2013, 03:14 PM
He's made the playoffs 9 out of his 14 years in Philly and went to 5 NFC Championship games and a SB.

So by having five trips to the Conference Championship game and zero Lombardi's to show for it, if hired he will continue KC's outstanding playoff success?

Tim
01-02-2013, 03:25 PM
It will take a whole lot more than a washed up coach to get kc competitive in the afcw

FearLanier
01-02-2013, 03:58 PM
How is Reid a washed up coach? He's taken his team to the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years and had them on the doorstep to the SB, and that's with playing in a competitive division with a team that won the SB twice in that 5 year span.

He's basically John Fox, but with a better resume, as he had more success in Philly than Fox did in Carolina.

History is on Reid's side too since he's never won a SB. No coach has ever won a SB in two places.

DBroncos4life
01-02-2013, 04:02 PM
How is Reid a washed up coach? He's taken his team to the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years and had them on the doorstep to the SB.

He's basically John Fox, but with a better resume, as he had more success in Philly than Fox did in Carolina.

History is on Reid's side too since he's never won a SB. No coach has ever won a SB in two places.

Michael Wilborn is in AZ right now and he says the deal for Reid to become the HC with the Cards will happen.

orangeatheist
01-02-2013, 04:02 PM
How is Reid a washed up coach? He's taken his team to the playoffs 3 of the last 5 years and had them on the doorstep to the SB.

Reid won't have Elway in the FO. That's one. :Elway:

I see what you did there. Stinking Chief fan. :chiefssux:kcbard:

FearLanier
01-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Michael Wilborn is in AZ right now and he says the deal for Reid to become the HC with the Cards will happen.

Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin
Andy reid,lamonte has met w KC Chiefs for over 9 hours. Owner clark hunt, pres Mark donovan, GM scott pioli and 4 others. @ProFootballTalk

DBroncos4life
01-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin
Andy reid,lamonte has met w KC Chiefs for over 9 hours. Owner clark hunt, pres Mark donovan, GM scott pioli and 4 others. @ProFootballTalk

So LOL

FearLanier
01-02-2013, 04:20 PM
So LOL

Interviews don't usually last 9 hours.

Hopefully Clark and Donovan talked him up and made Pioli shut up and get Reid more coffee ROFL!

delany
01-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Interviews don't usually last 9 hours.

Hopefully Clark and Donovan talked him up and made Pioli shut up and get Reid more coffee ROFL!

The fact that Pioli was even there is hilarious.

Bacchus
01-02-2013, 04:25 PM
You could do worse than Reid. I have no idea what kind of GM he is, but I always liked him. My only issue is if he is burned out or not. However Fox went right into his gig here and just changing scenery seemed to energize him. I would be a bit skeptical of him getting all power and having to divide his attention.

Reid needs to take a year off. He has burn out written all over him.

FearLanier
01-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Ray Horton believes he's the next HC of the Cards

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/02/ray-horton-i-think-ill-be-a-head-coach-this-year/

BroncoBeavis
01-02-2013, 04:34 PM

That's awesome. I sincerely hope the Chiefs focus all their recruiting on dudes who have never won a Super Bowl. You can't argue with it. It's science. :)

R8R H8R
01-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Reid needs to take a year off. He has burn out written all over him.

I agree. You can see it in his face. I have a feeling he may be going to the highest bidder for reasons other than to coach.

broncosteven
01-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Ray Horton believes he's the next HC of the Cards

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/02/ray-horton-i-think-ill-be-a-head-coach-this-year/

I heard a report on NFLN or NFL Live that said Reid was 95% sure of going to AZ, his wife lived there and they have family there, couple other football reasons also.

Once again kFc will be slighted by a top NFL name. At least this time Reid actually bothered to go out there and didn't blow them off.

fontaine
01-02-2013, 06:10 PM
It doesn't matter who Chunt hires.

Until KC has a good QB they're pissing into the wind and I don't see a franchise QB in this draft that can come in and play ball in his rookie season.

Tim
01-02-2013, 06:33 PM
I heard a report on NFLN or NFL Live that said Reid was 95% sure of going to AZ, his wife lived there and they have family there, couple other football reasons also.

Once again kFc will be slighted by a top NFL name. At least this time Reid actually bothered to go out there and didn't blow them off.

Hilarious!

FearLanier
01-02-2013, 06:34 PM

MarkDalton ‏@CardsMarkD
I'm 99% sure that reports of a deal being 95% done are 100% incorrect #azcards

This is from the Cards top PR guy too.

DENVERDUI55
01-02-2013, 06:42 PM
MarkDalton ‏@CardsMarkD
I'm 99% sure that reports of a deal being 95% done are 100% incorrect #azcards

This is from the Cards top PR guy too.

I agree. Why would Reid sign right away without weighing options? I think he should take the year off and recharge. He seems very burnt out.

FearLanier
01-02-2013, 06:58 PM
I agree. Why would Reid sign right away without weighing options? I think he should take the year off and recharge. He seems very burnt out.

I thought so too, but I guess some people choose to stay busy with their to help them move on.

Reid loves football. I guess he wants to do what he loves to cope.

FearLanier
01-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Latest on Reid. This was 15 mins ago from Philly.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wxMm6PH05hs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guess he's not considering Arizona anymore. So much for that story being 95% true Adam Schefter.

I didn't think SD wanted Reid? Thought I heard that somewhere.

broncosteven
01-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Latest on Reid. This was 15 mins ago from Philly.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wxMm6PH05hs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guess he's not considering Arizona anymore. So much for that story being 95% true Adam Schefter.

I didn't think SD wanted Reid? Thought I heard that somewhere.

Maybe AZ will fly in to Philly like the kFc losers did?

Looking more and more like Pioli is going to stick around...

broncocalijohn
01-02-2013, 09:39 PM

I would think one of the questions would be, "If you are hired to coach, would you want Pioli as the GM?"

Pioli sweating for every candidate as he sits there and hear the answer to that question.

I hope to hell Pioli sticks around.

FearLanier
01-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Maybe AZ will fly in to Philly like the kFc losers did?

Looking more and more like Pioli is going to stick around...

I sense hatred Broncosteven! I'm in a fantastic mood!

Several reports are that Pioli is all but gone if/when Reid is hired. Heckert, the former Browns GM is the guy who will likely replace him.

SoCalBronco
01-02-2013, 09:55 PM
They are just trying to humiliate Fat Scott right now so he can quit....not gonna happen. They have to cut the check.

FearLanier
01-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Scott Pioli has the perfect job lined up for him. Jags are about to sign the Caldwell guy from Atlanta who is the Falcons player personnel man.

Pioli's best friend Dimitroff is in Atlanta so I think he'll go there. I bet he brings Cassel with him to be Ryan's backup too.

01-02-2013, 10:57 PM

He was there only to confirm that Andy Reid, in fact, cannot work with his dumb ass.

Scott was publicly shamed in front of the entire top brass of the Kansas City Chiefs today. And flew 1,000 miles for that honor.

Suck on the fat dick of Clark Hunt, Peeholey.

SoCalBronco
01-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Reid would be a great get for KC IMO

01-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Waiting for Kaylore to tell me why Reid sucks.

DBroncos4life
01-02-2013, 11:29 PM

This post is going to be even better when Reid picks the Cards and you spin it like Reid is washed up LOL

Mile High 81
01-03-2013, 06:15 AM
Adam Schefter

Andy Reid did not fly to Arizona last night as scheduled.

Seems like the Chiefs have the best shot at the moment. Reid is a good Coach.

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 06:51 AM
Adam Schefter

Seems like the Chiefs have the best shot at the moment. Reid is a good Coach.

Very good coach and I bet he brings Vick with him.

mwill07
01-03-2013, 06:54 AM
He was there only to confirm that Andy Reid, in fact, cannot work with his dumb ass.

Scott was publicly shamed in front of the entire top brass of the Kansas City Chiefs today. And flew 1,000 miles for that honor.

Suck on the fat dick of Clark Hunt, Peeholey.

this is not how competent organizations behave.

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 07:39 AM

Um, try reading...

I like Reid. I think he's a very good coach. I am not sure what kind of GM he is. And frankly, I am not sure even if he is a super-GM in waiting, if he will be able to ballance both jobs. I think that model is dead and for good reason. Even GM's aren't the uber-masters of all anymore. The front offices that do well have the responsibilities broken up among several men who specialize in player-personnel, college scouting, etc. Going back to a 90's model probably won't work.

I don't share the view that he "needs" a year off. Fox clearly showed that sometimes a change of venue is energizing enough. I don't believe he is going to bring Vick with him. He didn't want Vick to start in Philly and it took his OC to talk him into the change. The way this season went, I don't see Reid wanting Vick back and I don't see Vick wanting to come back. Reid will want to draft or sign his own, which is exactly what the Chiefs want.

Reid is basically another Holmgren. He is a good guy and very smart. There are some holes in his game, like his utter-hatred of the running game, which doesn't bode well for Charles. He also has a tendency to lean on loyalty of bad coaches even in the face of bad coaching. He'll make the team better and will be able to get some good coaches in there just on his name alone. Like I said, you could do much worse than Reid.

I do think it's funny that Pioli is going to stay on because he's too cheap to fire him. That doesn't bode well for the franchise.

spiralism
01-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Looks like it's Reid so. Enjoy underusing Jamaal Charles yet again and having Daboll switched to Defensive Co-Ordinator. Reid LOATHES running the ball. I for one look forward to him either breaking the bank on Vick or having a rookie QB drop back 45 times a game.

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Looks like it's Reid so. Enjoy underusing Jamaal Charles yet again and having Daboll switched to Defensive Co-Ordinator. Reid LOATHES running the ball. I for one look forward to him either breaking the bank on Vick or having a rookie QB drop back 45 times a game.

Is he enamored with Vick at all anymore? I haven't kept up on that soap opera at all I guess.

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Um, try reading...

I like Reid. I think he's a very good coach. I am not sure what kind of GM he is. And frankly, I am not sure even if he is a super-GM in waiting, if he will be able to ballance both jobs. I think that model is dead and for good reason. Even GM's aren't the uber-masters of all anymore. The front offices that do well have the responsibilities broken up among several men who specialize in player-personnel, college scouting, etc. Going back to a 90's model probably won't work.

I don't share the view that he "needs" a year off. Fox clearly showed that sometimes a change of venue is energizing enough. I don't believe he is going to bring Vick with him. He didn't want Vick to start in Philly and it took his OC to talk him into the change. The way this season went, I don't see Reid wanting Vick back and I don't see Vick wanting to come back. Reid will want to draft or sign his own, which is exactly what the Chiefs want.

Reid is basically another Holmgren. He is a good guy and very smart. There are some holes in his game, like his utter-hatred of the running game, which doesn't bode well for Charles. He also has a tendency to lean on loyalty of bad coaches even in the face of bad coaching. He'll make the team better and will be able to get some good coaches in there just on his name alone. Like I said, you could do much worse than Reid.

I do think it's funny that Pioli is going to stay on because he's too cheap to fire him. That doesn't bode well for the franchise.

I agree with everything here. I think the difference between Foxy and Andy though is Andy's gone through some real tough personal **** in the very recent past. I'd feel like I needed to pack it in for a year or two just to get my life back on track. But everyone's wired different I guess. Just seems like it might make a burnout even more likely. Really hope that's not the case for his sake (though not for the Chiefs so much :) )

Rohirrim
01-03-2013, 09:13 AM
If Reid goes to KC, expect Barkley to be the #1 pick.

Bronco Boy
01-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Reid will be good for the Chiefs. He's never been able to do well in the playoffs, but with the Chiefs that is an irrelevant weakness that probably won't come up for a few years if ever. Reid should be able to get them a winning season which would inspire numerous busts of his figure to be erected in trailer parks across the city.

He is obviously a hard guy to root for because he is such a horrible father to his kids so I will find it easy to root against him.

swaiy
01-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Who did the Chiefs interview for that stupid Rooney Rule? Did the give Romeo an exit interview when they fired him heh?

spiralism
01-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Who did the Chiefs interview for that stupid Rooney Rule? Did the give Romeo an exit interview when they fired him heh?

Reid is part Walrus though

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Reid is part Walrus though

The Mike Holmgren family of walruses!

FearLanier
01-03-2013, 10:44 AM
LeSean McCoy had 270 odd carries in 2011 and this year he had 200 in 12 games (average would have been 266).

Jamaal Charles had 285 carries this season.

Tombstone RJ
01-03-2013, 10:52 AM
If Reid goes to KC, expect Barkley to be the #1 pick.

Reid took McNabb when other teams would have taken Ricky Williams, Reid knows QBs, I'll give him that much. I think he will absolutely draft Geno Smith if given the chance. Now, is Geno worth the #1 overall pick, NIMHO, but that's gonna be Reid's decision should he end up in kc.

FearLanier
01-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Fun fact: Dana Holgersen's spread offense is almost the same as what Kevin Kolb ran at Houston.

Geno Smith would be a great fit for Reid IMO.

Add to the fact that his staff is rumored to have both Pat Shurmur and Brad Childress. That's a good staff for a rookie QB.

Bronco Boy
01-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Fun fact: Dana Holgersen's spread offense is almost the same as what Kevin Kolb ran at Houston.

Geno Smith would be a great fit for Reid IMO.

Add to the fact that his staff is rumored to have both Pat Shurmur and Brad Childress. That's a good staff for a rookie QB.

As Chorfs fans say every year around this time, "Next year, we will really be a good team." They will say the same next January while also calling for a new head coach. Such is life.

FearLanier
01-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Not many current HC's are as accomplished as Andy Reid. Add to the fact that his system is great for QB's and this is the best possible hire the Chiefs could have made.

So Clark makes the best possible GM hire according to the league and now the best coaching hire.

Not bad for an absentee owner who is an imbecile, huh Kaylore? ;)

Rohirrim
01-03-2013, 11:37 AM
I think Reid will end up in San Diego. I think this is what he's wanted all along. He just played the Chiefs and Cardinals against each other. Suckas! ;D

Rolandftw
01-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless don't like the move, which probably means KC will be very successful with Reid.

DENVERDUI55
01-03-2013, 12:19 PM
The Mike Holmgren family of walruses!

Who is who?

01-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Reid is bringing Tom Heckert with him to be GM.

Reid will have final say over personnel though.

TheReverend
01-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Reid is bringing Tom Heckert with him to be GM.

Reid will have final say over personnel though.

Congrats on Reid, Bob. Great pick up for KC.

I'm mad about it.

Rohirrim
01-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Well, when Fox was coaching the Panthers against Reid and the Eagles in the 2004 NFC Championship game, the Panthers won 14 to 3. So... Okay. ;D

Bronco Boy
01-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Not many current HC's are as accomplished as Andy Reid. Add to the fact that his system is great for QB's and this is the best possible hire the Chiefs could have made.

So Clark makes the best possible GM hire according to the league and now the best coaching hire.

You guys said similar things about Todd FAILey, remember?

FearLanier
01-03-2013, 01:05 PM

Not sure I remember anybody saying Todd Haley was an accomplished HC.

Probably because Todd Haley had never been a HC before coming to KC Hilarious!

DENVERDUI55
01-03-2013, 01:07 PM

We all say dumb stuff from time to time right? http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105250

01-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Congrats on Reid, Bob. Great pick up for KC.

I'm mad about it.

If we pick the right QB, we're going to be winners for a long time. :egbgb:

Bronco Boy
01-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Not sure I remember anybody saying Todd Haley was an accomplished HC.

Probably because Todd Haley had never been a HC before coming to KC Hilarious!

You all said he was the best hire at the time like you are doing now. Reid spent 14 years trying to get the Eagles to the Super Bowl, tried so hard in fact that he neglected his whole family and still didn't get there. I'm sure he will for you guys though Hilarious!Hilarious!

TheReverend
01-03-2013, 01:11 PM

Enjoy your Wildcard-ceiling

Bronco Boy
01-03-2013, 01:12 PM
We all say dumb stuff from time to time right? http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105250

Oh I see, sarcasm is totally foreign to you...

Rohirrim
01-03-2013, 01:12 PM

Damn. The announcement is not even made and he's already knob slobbering.

Bronco Boy
01-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Damn. The announcement is not even made and he's already knob slobbering.

Bob has already sealed the next QBs fate. Remember who the last guy he pimped was? Hilarious!Hilarious!

Rohirrim
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Bob has already sealed the next QBs fate. Remember who the last guy he pimped was? Hilarious!Hilarious!

Bob spends a lot of time with things that need to be pumped up.

FearLanier
01-03-2013, 01:33 PM
While Reid has a warm relationship with Pioli, sources said it is highly unlikely that the former Eagles coach will build his front office with the Chiefs' GM on board if the deal gets done with Hunt. The same sources insist Reid did not demand that former Browns GM Tom Heckert had to be a package deal as the team's future general manager because he still wants to gauge whether John Dorsey, the Packers' director of operations, would consider the position of GM, the sources added.

610 radio in KC just said that ideally, Andy Reid would like to bring BOTH Tom Heckert and John Dorsey with him to KC.

Holy ****!

http://i.minus.com/iynCsXZR3nUrq.gif

Bronco Boy
01-03-2013, 01:34 PM
While Reid has a warm relationship with Pioli, sources said it is highly unlikely that the former Eagles coach will build his front office with the Chiefs' GM on board if the deal gets done with Hunt. The same sources insist Reid did not demand that former Browns GM Tom Heckert had to be a package deal as the team's future general manager because he still wants to gauge whether John Dorsey, the Packers' director of operations, would consider the position of GM, the sources added.

610 radio in KC just said that ideally, Andy Reid would like to bring BOTH Tom Heckert and John Dorsey with him to KC.

Holy ****!

http://i.minus.com/iynCsXZR3nUrq.gif

Umm...2-14. Scoreboard bitch.

01-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Enjoy your Wildcard-ceiling

Only 11 head coaches in NFL history have more playoff victories than Andy Reid.

01-03-2013, 02:36 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/75069_499270253429224_1423162878_n.png

Bronco Boy
01-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Only 11 head coaches in NFL history have more playoff victories than Andy Reid.

How many coaches have more Super Bowl victories?

Reid has more playoff losses than victories. Chiefs material!

mwill07
01-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Good hire. I hope KC becomes competent.

I'm tired of Denver being seen as padding stats against the likes of KC and oakland. I want winning back to back AFCW titles to mean something again.

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Good hire. I hope KC becomes competent.

I'm tired of Denver being seen as padding stats against the likes of KC and oakland. I want winning back to back AFCW titles to mean something again.

By the time KC is competitive Manning will have retired an the QB will be Alex Smith or someone of that awful ilk.

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 03:17 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/75069_499270253429224_1423162878_n.png

LOL

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/riker.gif

Rohirrim
01-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Geno Smith will be just good enough to take up four years of KC's time before Reid realizes he's not a franchise QB. ;D

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Geno Smith will be just good enough to take up four years of KC's time before Reid realizes he's not a franchise QB. ;D

No he isn't. Mr stare-down is in for a rude awakening.

Atwater His Ass
01-03-2013, 03:57 PM
I don't get they hype around Reid. He had good to great teams in PHI and was never able to get it done over all the years he was there. I guess I just don't see it.

I suppose this is somewhat similar to Denver hiring Fox. An established name and respected head coach to come in and at least get the respect of the franchise back in place after a horrible period.

Bronco Boy
01-03-2013, 04:19 PM
I don't get they hype around Reid. He had good to great teams in PHI and was never able to get it done over all the years he was there. I guess I just don't see it.

I suppose this is somewhat similar to Denver hiring Fox. An established name and respected head coach to come in and at least get the respect of the franchise back in place after a horrible period.

But when you're the Chorfs, finding a coach that actually wants to come to you is like finding an unsandy vagina. It is so very very rare.

FearLanier
01-03-2013, 08:56 PM
No he isn't. Mr stare-down is in for a rude awakening.

In 1999, there were 5 QB's taken in the first 12 picks: Tim Couch, Akili Smith and Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper and Cade McNown.

Reid chose by far the best one. I have full confidence in whoever he picks.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 09:10 PM
In 1999, there were 5 QB's taken in the first 12 picks: Tim Couch, Akili Smith and Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper and Cade McNown.

Reid chose by far the best one. I have full confidence in whoever he picks.

That's one example of picking right. He isn't bad at it but the entire 2003 Reid draft is an example of picking wrong.

01-03-2013, 09:12 PM

It's basically identical, with the difference that Reid is an offensive and QB guru.

SoCalBronco
01-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Reid is a good hire...congrats Bob and FL.

DBroncos4life
01-03-2013, 09:23 PM
It's basically identical, with the difference that Reid is an offensive and QB guru.

True look at all those HOF QB's he's developed with the Eagles. Oh wait Kevin Kolb, A.J Feeley, and Koy Detmer just never did develop did they.

Tim
01-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Reid is the best thing to happen to the chiefs in a long time, I hope the QB he drafts will keep the winless since 87' streak alive.

Heyneck
01-03-2013, 10:17 PM
the chiefs suck!

/thread

peacepipe
01-03-2013, 10:26 PM
I would bet that they trade for matt Flynn.

Rohirrim
01-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Reid is a good hire...congrats Bob and FL.

Damn! You're the most conciliatory lawyer I've ever heard. You must not be a litigator. ;D

FearLanier
01-03-2013, 10:58 PM
That's one example of picking right. He isn't bad at it but the entire 2003 Reid draft is an example of picking wrong.

Well you can't expect every draft class to be great.

He made Kolb look great and got DRC and a 2nd.

Nick Foles is a decent but not great talent and he got him to look pretty decent on an offense without the LT or DeSean Jackson.

His drafts haven't been too bad though. His last draft had Fletcher Cox and Mychal Kendricks. Both are really good players.

SoCalBronco
01-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Damn! You're the most conciliatory lawyer I've ever heard. You must not be a litigator. ;D

Litigation is all I do (workers comp defense). :)

24champ
01-03-2013, 11:51 PM
I would bet that they trade for matt Flynn.

Or Kirk Cousins.

broncosteven
01-04-2013, 09:25 PM

Reid is easily the best HC you guys have had since Marty, that said he hasn't been deep in the playoffs in about 10 years, I think he is a perfect hire for a team that hasn't been the to the SB in well over 40 years since it has been 9 years since Reid has been there and he was never able to win. Always close but no Cigar, perfect for kFc.

I will say kFc might take some effort to beat after Manning retires.

Now that Pioli is gone you guys do have a chance at finding a servicable QB. In the draft and I wonder if Reid doesn't try to work with Cassel considering the money kFc invested in him. I thought Cassell was much better than Quinn, with a real center not hosing up the snaps and some actual coaching Cassell might not be the turn over machine he has been lately, that would allow Reid to get the top OT available and then grab a QB in a later round he can develop into a Foals type guy considering this is a QB weak draft.

I would get all the pieces sorted out around the QB position, the OL and WR is a big priority especially if Albert and Bowe walk. Reid has shown he can find servicable guys that work in his system, the fact that he lost his team the last 2 years and they basically quit on him and he has only won 12 games over those 2 years would be my concerns but hell 12 wins in 2 years is an upgrade for kFc.

I wonder if he got his free Camero and is growing his hair out in the back for a Mullet, a Mullet would rock with his stache.

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2013, 10:54 AM
there's a lot of stuff still needing to be hashed out over bbq land. First, Reid needs to get the right bbq restaruants on speed dial and then get himself a guy like Xanders to be his right-hand-man when its time to strap on the feed bag. Next, Reid will have to finalize his front office and coaching staff. Then FA and the draft will be here. So there's a lot of things to chew on before training camp.

FearLanier
01-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Reid is easily the best HC you guys have had since Marty, that said he hasn't been deep in the playoffs in about 10 years, I think he is a perfect hire for a team that hasn't been the to the SB in well over 40 years since it has been 9 years since Reid has been there and he was never able to win. Always close but no Cigar, perfect for kFc.

I will say kFc might take some effort to beat after Manning retires.

Now that Pioli is gone you guys do have a chance at finding a servicable QB. In the draft and I wonder if Reid doesn't try to work with Cassel considering the money kFc invested in him. I thought Cassell was much better than Quinn, with a real center not hosing up the snaps and some actual coaching Cassell might not be the turn over machine he has been lately, that would allow Reid to get the top OT available and then grab a QB in a later round he can develop into a Foals type guy considering this is a QB weak draft.

I would get all the pieces sorted out around the QB position, the OL and WR is a big priority especially if Albert and Bowe walk. Reid has shown he can find servicable guys that work in his system, the fact that he lost his team the last 2 years and they basically quit on him and he has only won 12 games over those 2 years would be my concerns but hell 12 wins in 2 years is an upgrade for kFc.

I wonder if he got his free Camero and is growing his hair out in the back for a Mullet, a Mullet would rock with his stache.

10 years? Reid was 3 minutes away from going to SB in 2009. That's not deep in the playoffs?

Reid is basically the same hire as John Fox, just different philosophies. Both did very well with their previous teams. Went to the SB and lost to the Pats.

In Philly, there was a power struggle the last few years. Giving Reid power back is the smart idea. It's what helped him be successful.

DENVERDUI55
01-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Reid is easily the best HC you guys have had since Marty, .

Vermeil was better than Reid I know it is nitpicking. Your right he needs the mullet to go with the pushbroom.

Inkana7
01-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Unless they can also re-animate Jim Johnson, I don't see this hire bring the Chiefs to the promised land.

01-05-2013, 02:30 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bgJxGC9nraU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2013, 05:48 PM
pretty gay stuff Bob, but then again you know this.

Pick Six
01-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Good humor always has some element of truth. This is a profootballmock parody of the Eagles' losing ways, back in October. If Reid handles the Chiefs the same way, it's going to be hilarious...Hilarious!

http://profootballmock.com/andy-reid-ill-keep-firing-people-until-we-figure-out-why-we-cant-win-a-super-bowl/

broncosteven
01-09-2013, 07:16 PM
10 years? Reid was 3 minutes away from going to SB in 2009. That's not deep in the playoffs?

Reid is basically the same hire as John Fox, just different philosophies. Both did very well with their previous teams. Went to the SB and lost to the Pats.

In Philly, there was a power struggle the last few years. Giving Reid power back is the smart idea. It's what helped him be successful.

Reid is bringing baggage to a team with it's share of baggage already. Fox went from a team that wouldn't spend money or support him, Reid had power stripped from him because he was failing.

It will be interesting to see what he does about the QB situation and if he can motivate a team and not have them quit on him again.

Like I said before I wonder if he doesn't try to plug some other holes like OL or WR 1st then move back up to get one of the lame QB's in this years draft. Who knows he might keep Cassel and maybe pull a trade for Kolb or Flynn and go Vet at QB. I would love to see him aquire Kolb and try to win with him!

broncosteven
01-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Who does kFc play today?

oubronco
01-12-2013, 11:29 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c0.0.851.315/p851x315/538436_10151066895094751_1518857654_n.jpg

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Who does kFc play today?

you silly boy there is no team there just some jr varsity high school team that won a contest to play in a real nfl game

cmhargrove
01-12-2013, 02:24 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bgJxGC9nraU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pretty good, I'll have to admit.

My favorite part was Bowe's thumbs up in the board room. Hopefully they will be making another one of these about Big Andy in a few years.

CrazyCoffey
01-13-2013, 08:45 AM
this thread, still?

Banana Pants
01-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Who does kFc play today?

Hey, you guys get them next week. Better start studying up.

KCStud
01-13-2013, 04:11 PM
It's funny how the universe works. Karma is a powerful thing, no?

Broncosteven goes on for almost 4 months bumping this thread daily to make fun of a struggling team, efficiently making an art of "beating a dead horse" and laughing at a team in constant disarray.

Kaylore makes this thread and calls it epic and does the same.

Drunkenbroncoholic (I believe this is your name) says he wants to taste the tears of Chiefs fans.

How fitting that the Broncos lose the most agonizing game in not only their history, but also one of the worst in NFL playoff history, Kaylore gets absolute owned by his Joe Flacco and Raven comments and this board is crying sweet Bronco tears that could quench the thirst of every creature in the Sahara desert.

Karma is a powerful thing and you learned that the hard way.

http://cdn.pophangover.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/creepy-tom-cruise-animated-gifs-2.gif

orangeatheist
01-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Can we give KCDud a perma-ban? Just for being such a round-the-clock epic douche?

colorado jones
01-13-2013, 04:39 PM
KCSTUD-
If karma indeed works how you are describing, things may end badly for you based upon your post below:
"Things Bronco fans do:

-Form a plan to shoot and kill kids in a school.

-Form a plan to shoot and kill people at a midnight premiere.

-Form a plan to boobytrap their apartment so when police come in it explodes.

-Finding excuses not to give the death sentence to anyone that deserves it."

No one will miss you.

broncosteven
01-13-2013, 07:15 PM
It's funny how the universe works. Karma is a powerful thing, no?

Broncosteven goes on for almost 4 months bumping this thread daily to make fun of a struggling team, efficiently making an art of "beating a dead horse" and laughing at a team in constant disarray.

Kaylore makes this thread and calls it epic and does the same.

Drunkenbroncoholic (I believe this is your name) says he wants to taste the tears of Chiefs fans.

How fitting that the Broncos lose the most agonizing game in not only their history, but also one of the worst in NFL playoff history, Kaylore gets absolute owned by his Joe Flacco and Raven comments and this board is crying sweet Bronco tears that could quench the thirst of every creature in the Sahara desert.

Karma is a powerful thing and you learned that the hard way.

http://cdn.pophangover.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/creepy-tom-cruise-animated-gifs-2.gif

I am content with not being the worst team in the NFL and being a perennial playoff team. I have seen my favorite teams win Championships in my life time. I will not, not post something because I fear I will anger the "Karma" god.

The fact that Denver dropped a hard fought DIVISIONAL playoff game that will be remembered for ages as a well contested game (when the officials weren't impacting it) does not suddenly make kFc not the worst team in the NFL and all the points we made about how bad they sucked wrong.

Not holding a lead for over 8 weeks is EPIC bad and we saw it coming in April. Those of us that posted in this thread about how bad of a failure your team is, were and, continue to be, right.

Personally I didn't expect the Broncos to go 13-3 and have the #1 seed in the playoffs. I expected they would need a season to break in Manning before contending for a SB, having the #1 seed and losing only showed this team that it still needed a few pieces to get to the next level and that they need to work that much harder to get to the AFC Championship game and beyond.

To think my posts went against "Karma" and were the reason we lost is insane.

Your team clearly sucked and we clearly won 13 games this year, it would take kFc 3 years to win that number of games.

We had 3 coverage break downs by our safeties in one game. The officiating was a disgrace to the NFL. We are still light years better than anything kFc will feebly field next year. I will have fond memories of sweeping the division and the 11 game win streak. You get to remember blowout after blowout and your players committing heinous acts.

The one thing that experiencing the 1996 loss to the Jags taught me was that nothing I can do impacts the pay of my team. Losing a close game that should have been won in the playoffs is not worth being upset for weeks on end or losing sleep over. I learned how to not overreact and ruin a couple weeks over something I have no control over. I learned to appreciate the game for what it was, an exciting game we had the chance to win. I learned back in 1997 that it is much better to have been there and lost and on the cusp of winning a SB than having the 1st overall pick in the draft. I can appreciate the 8-8 divisional championship as much as the 13-3 divisional championship. I learned that nothing is given to the 1st overall seed in the playoffs, and that everything is earned. I learned to appreciate every playoff appearance because a lot of teams fans don't get to learn what I learned or experience what I have experienced.

The reason I fed this thread and kicked the dead horse that is the kFc chef's is because idiots (FearLanier the only exception) like you kept thinking kFc wasn't as bad as reality dictated. It was only until this post that you saw that your team was in constant disarray we saw it back in April. Even now you feign reality and consider kFc only a "Struggling" team and not the losers they really are. Sure lots of teams have won only 2 games in a season but you have to go back 70 years to find a team who could not hold a lead in regulation for as long as kFc did.

Yes Denver could not overcome a tough Ravens team (and a poor officiating crew), but they are far from the Historic suckage that your 2012 kFc Chiefs are and always will be remembered for.

Suck on that Studly.

bowtown
01-13-2013, 07:43 PM
LOL, Karma. You guys must have done some seriously ****ed up **** to be in your situation.

KCStud
01-13-2013, 08:52 PM
I am content with not being the worst team in the NFL and being a perennial playoff team. I have seen my favorite teams win Championships in my life time. I will not, not post something because I fear I will anger the "Karma" god.

The fact that Denver dropped a hard fought DIVISIONAL playoff game that will be remembered for ages as a well contested game (when the officials weren't impacting it) does not suddenly make kFc not the worst team in the NFL and all the points we made about how bad they sucked wrong.

Not holding a lead for over 8 weeks is EPIC bad and we saw it coming in April. Those of us that posted in this thread about how bad of a failure your team is, were and, continue to be, right.

Personally I didn't expect the Broncos to go 13-3 and have the #1 seed in the playoffs. I expected they would need a season to break in Manning before contending for a SB, having the #1 seed and losing only showed this team that it still needed a few pieces to get to the next level and that they need to work that much harder to get to the AFC Championship game and beyond.

To think my posts went against "Karma" and were the reason we lost is insane.

Your team clearly sucked and we clearly won 13 games this year, it would take kFc 3 years to win that number of games.

We had 3 coverage break downs by our safeties in one game. The officiating was a disgrace to the NFL. We are still light years better than anything kFc will feebly field next year. I will have fond memories of sweeping the division and the 11 game win streak. You get to remember blowout after blowout and your players committing heinous acts.

The one thing that experiencing the 1996 loss to the Jags taught me was that nothing I can do impacts the pay of my team. Losing a close game that should have been won in the playoffs is not worth being upset for weeks on end or losing sleep over. I learned how to not overreact and ruin a couple weeks over something I have no control over. I learned to appreciate the game for what it was, an exciting game we had the chance to win. I learned back in 1997 that it is much better to have been there and lost and on the cusp of winning a SB than having the 1st overall pick in the draft. I can appreciate the 8-8 divisional championship as much as the 13-3 divisional championship. I learned that nothing is given to the 1st overall seed in the playoffs, and that everything is earned. I learned to appreciate every playoff appearance because a lot of teams fans don't get to learn what I learned or experience what I have experienced.

The reason I fed this thread and kicked the dead horse that is the kFc chef's is because idiots (FearLanier the only exception) like you kept thinking kFc wasn't as bad as reality dictated. It was only until this post that you saw that your team was in constant disarray we saw it back in April. Even now you feign reality and consider kFc only a "Struggling" team and not the losers they really are. Sure lots of teams have won only 2 games in a season but you have to go back 70 years to find a team who could not hold a lead in regulation for as long as kFc did.

Yes Denver could not overcome a tough Ravens team (and a poor officiating crew), but they are far from the Historic suckage that your 2012 kFc Chiefs are and always will be remembered for.

Suck on that Studly.

What's funny about this is that years from now, people will look back at this season and they won't remember the Chiefs, well except you and a few others. There will be a far higher chance that people look back at the Broncos acquiring "the best FA of all time" and then him, along with your Elway safety draft pick, choking their way out of a playoff game they should have won.

It's also hilarious that Bronco fans make fun of the Chiefs for their failures in the 90's with Marty. Get used to that, because that's what your Peyton Manning run is going to mirror. It's so funny that everyone on this board says that the Chiefs seasons in the 90's were worthless, but suddenly this year for the Broncos was worthwhile? ROFL!

Have fun with Marty version 2.0 and the biggest choke artist in playoff history, because you're not winning a SB with them and as soon as that's over, you're right back down to to mediocrity with Twilight running the QB show.

Say what you want, but I'll take a coach who is 11th in all-time playoff wins, has proven success turning a franchise around and has a motto of "keep firing" over a conservative scared Marty Schottenheimer clone that has a motto of "we play NOT to lose". Enjoy!

Rolandftw
01-13-2013, 10:06 PM
It's funny that KCStud waits until a Broncos loss to talk trash.

Fans of 2-14 teams don't get to talk trash without sounding like idiots.

I predict has a similar meltdown to last year within a couple weeks of the 2013 season. Dunno how he can know that Denver has no shot at winning a title. They have a considerable higher shot then anyone in the division does, that's for sure.

Rolandftw
01-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Can we give KCDud a perma-ban? Just for being such a round-the-clock epic douche?

There'd be a lot of perma-bans if that was the only requirement for one, I imagine.

mwill07
01-13-2013, 10:49 PM
What's funny about this is that years from now, people will look back at this season and they won't remember the Chiefs, well except you and a few others. There will be a far higher chance that people look back at the Broncos acquiring "the best FA of all time" and then him, along with your Elway safety draft pick, choking their way out of a playoff game they should have won.

It's also hilarious that Bronco fans make fun of the Chiefs for their failures in the 90's with Marty. Get used to that, because that's what your Peyton Manning run is going to mirror. It's so funny that everyone on this board says that the Chiefs seasons in the 90's were worthless, but suddenly this year for the Broncos was worthwhile? ROFL!

Have fun with Marty version 2.0 and the biggest choke artist in playoff history, because you're not winning a SB with them and as soon as that's over, you're right back down to to mediocrity with Twilight running the QB show.

Say what you want, but I'll take a coach who is 11th in all-time playoff wins, has proven success turning a franchise around and has a motto of "keep firing" over a conservative scared Marty Schottenheimer clone that has a motto of "we play NOT to lose". Enjoy!

Lets talk about next year. Broncos will be pre-season SB favorites, a young, seasoned team looking to not repeat past mistakes. KC will be hoping to win 4 games with a new QB and a re-tread coach.

broncosteven
01-13-2013, 11:16 PM

You thought you were going to win with a HC that has a career .312 win % when this thread was made, suddenly Fox is Marty 2.0 and Manning sucks.

You know you face an uphill rebuild that will be years in the making unless they get that special bag of roids smuggled out of his sons room over to kFc.

Good luck drafting a DT or WR with your 1st pick in the draft.

KCStud
01-14-2013, 12:14 AM
You thought you were going to win with a HC that has a career .312 win % when this thread was made, suddenly Fox is Marty 2.0 and Manning sucks.

You know you face an uphill rebuild that will be years in the making unless they get that special bag of roids smuggled out of his sons room over to kFc.

Good luck drafting a DT or WR with your 1st pick in the draft.

Fox has always been a conservative coach. That was the rep he got when he took the job. I remember Panthers fans complaining about that all the time.

Chiefs will most likely be drafting a QB, which I have full faith in Reid selecting.

And that rebuild isn't as big of a rebuild as what Denver will be facing when the forehead retires in a couple of years. Champ is descending every year, Rahim Moore sucks, and the rest of your secondary is suspect at best.

Manning has hidden plenty of problems up before and this is no different. You played struggling teams almost every game from November on while you struggled against quality teams like New England and Houston.

Manning should have sacked up about playing Eli and went to the 49ers. They were clearly the best option and he would be in the SB next month if he went there. Probably have a chance to win 2 SB's.

Good luck watching Marty 2.0 and Favre 2.0 lose in the playoffs next year!

boltaneer
01-14-2013, 01:26 AM
Chiefs will most likely be drafting a QB, which I have full faith in Reid selecting.

The way it stands now, I wouldn't be very confident for the Chiefs in the near future.

Terrible draft for QBs coupled with Andy Reid's downward spiral the last couple of years. Maybe a new environment may help him out but I think he's just doesn't have it anymore. His QB projects with Vick, Kolb and Foles were gigantic failures. His lack of commitment to the run game and his horrible game management will be fun to watch in KC.

broncosteven
01-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Fox has always been a conservative coach. That was the rep he got when he took the job. I remember Panthers fans complaining about that all the time.

And that rebuild isn't as big of a rebuild as what Denver will be facing when the forehead retires in a couple of years. Champ is descending every year, Rahim Moore sucks, and the rest of your secondary is suspect at best.

Manning has hidden plenty of problems up before and this is no different. You played struggling teams almost every game from November on while you struggled against quality teams like New England and Houston.

Manning should have sacked up about playing Eli and went to the 49ers. They were clearly the best option and he would be in the SB next month if he went there. Probably have a chance to win 2 SB's.

Good luck watching Marty 2.0 and Favre 2.0 lose in the playoffs next year!

Finally you point out Valid football points! The same points Kahn, I, and others have made in this thread all year.

Thing is we still have Manning under contract for a couple more years, we still have a better shot at winning the SB next year because of him.

Sure Champ is aging but we have 2 young CB's in Harris and Carter who are servicable, Harris is as good or better than Flowers. We have the luxury of drafting a RB, MLB, and Safety and filling out our depth whereas kFc is in desperation mode and has to hit on every move in order to compete next year. We kept pointing out how bad your team was all year and you glossed it over even as they went on an Historic 8 game streak without holding a lead in Regulation.

I could see your point about Manning and his Farve like INT being talked about for years if this was his last game ever but he signed on for 4 years, he will be back.

Back in 1996 when we lost to the Jags we had been to the SB but never won one, we went on to win Back to Back SB's the following years. We are a younger team than the 97-98 teams and have better cap room than back then. We can still afford to resign our Vets and lure away a quality FA if they want.

It is hard to swap out a QB and win the same year, even Kapernick has been on the 49ers for a couple years now and he learned the system. This is why when you guys keep saying your a QB away from winning it all I scoff because it takes time to get the QB and staffs on the same page, not to mention the talent needed to complement your QB.

I hope you don't jump off the deep end when kFc has to use it's 1st round pick on OL 1st.

broncosteven
01-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Chiefs SUCK!

Just in the event anyone forgot.

Tombstone RJ
01-22-2013, 10:26 PM

In case you didn't notice, the Ravens took 2 OTs to barely beat the Broncos while they pretty much handled the Pats at Foxboro. No my friend, the Broncos are doing just fine. Sure, it was a tuff loss but everything went wrong for the Broncos including some horrific officiating. However, I have no doubt that the Broncos will be in the SB hunt again next season.

I'm not sure what is worse, your crappy kc chefs or your absolutely confounding posts. I'm thinking that yes indeed, even though your chefs managed a historically bad season, your opinions are even worse. You are a bottom feeder. You are the lowest form of fan. Not only are you quite possibly the dumbest poster to have ever graced the Omane, you actually think you have a point. You actually think you are correct. I mean, you are seriously retarded.

full retard.

Durango
01-23-2013, 03:07 AM
In case you didn't notice, the Ravens took 2 OTs to barely beat the Broncos while they pretty much handled the Pats at Foxboro. No my friend, the Broncos are doing just fine. Sure, it was a tuff loss but everything went wrong for the Broncos including some horrific officiating. However, I have no doubt that the Broncos will be in the SB hunt again next season.

I'm not sure what is worse, your crappy kc chefs or your absolutely confounding posts. I'm thinking that yes indeed, even though your chefs managed a historically bad season, your opinions are even worse. You are a bottom feeder. You are the lowest form of fan. Not only are you quite possibly the dumbest poster to have ever graced the Omane, you actually think you have a point. You actually think you are correct. I mean, you are seriously retarded.

full retard.

15-16 years old, or perhaps, 45 with the intelligence of a 15-16 year old.

Ideally suited to the Chiefs franchise.

01-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Hey ya'll, here is a short film about Brady Quinn saving the Chiefs.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nqcHRZMtRQ8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

boltaneer
01-27-2013, 11:45 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nqcHRZMtRQ8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow, that was a complete waste of time.

broncosteven
01-27-2013, 11:48 AM

Typical that there are more people outside of Anal-head than in it. It must have been during the 3rd quarter of a 3-35 blowout

02-10-2013, 12:51 PM
WHAT THE ****

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/65717_519832101373039_1036549288_n.jpg

Kaylore
02-10-2013, 01:03 PM

The problem with these is the hero. In the Robocop one it was Carl Peterson...up what did he do exactly?

And Brady Quinn? How did he "save" the chiefs, exactly?

02-10-2013, 02:01 PM
By going 2-14 and being man enough to replace the benched Cassel. Acts of heroism son. Especially that pick six against the Colts.

Also Carl basically authored the fan base that rose up to evict Pioli from the premises. True story.

But mostly it's just funny.

broncosteven
02-24-2013, 02:13 PM
kFc suckage destined to continue. I would love to see kFc make a trade for Foles! Just shows they want no part of drafting a QB high.

As of now, the Eagles will be going into training camp with Michael Vick and Nick Foles competing for the starting job. But that may change.

Looking for more scoops on your favorite New England sports teams? Check out NESN.
The Chiefs contacted the Eagles about Foles’ availability, according to USA Today. The Eagles told the Chiefs they want to keep Foles for now. No trades can occur until the new league year starts on March 12.

New Chiefs head coach Andy Reid coached Foles in Philadelphia last season. The signal caller was the Eagles’ No. 88 overall pick in 2012. He completed 60.6 percent of his passes for 1,699 yards, six touchdowns and five interceptions.

While Foles possesses some mobility in the pocket, he

More here:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/chiefs-and-eagles-discuss-trade-for-nick-foles-022313

broncosteven
02-24-2013, 02:23 PM
More proof that kFc is terrified to take a QB 1st overall.

Plus it looks like they may be content to let their LT walk and take Joeckel 1st overall which would be pretty funny for Boob and Lonestar.

I would be more worried if kFc managed to land the next Steve Bono than Nick Foles.

Around The League passed along a report Saturday that the Kansas City Chiefs "appear" to be the team most interested in a trade for San Francisco 49ers backup quarterback Alex Smith.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport confirms the Chiefs have shown more interest than any other team in dealing for a quarterback who can step in as an immediate starter while rebuilding the rest of the roster. Per Rapoport, the 49ers spent the week "trying to lay ground" for a Smith trade and will do the same next week.

The Chiefs' plan doesn't stop at Smith, however. They might draft a developmental quarterback on the second or third day, counting on Smith's reputation as a leader and willing mentor.

Offseason Forecast: Chiefs
Around The League examines what's next for every NFL team in 2013. Kareem Copeland breaks down the Chiefs. More ...
Signs have been pointing toward head coach Andy Reid targeting an offensive tackle rather than a quarterback with the No. 1 overall pick. Rapoport reports Kansas City is high on Texas A&M tackle Luke Joeckel, which could mean impending free agent Branden Albert will be allowed to hit the open market.

While Nick Foles and Matt Flynn also are good fits for Reid's West Coast offense, Smith may

More here:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000144573/article/alex-smith-luke-joeckel-on-kansas-city-chiefs-radar

02-24-2013, 03:01 PM
YOU GONNA GET RAPED

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/GENOBOMB.gif

02-24-2013, 03:02 PM
YOU GONNA GET RAPED

cutthemdown
02-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Chiefs hired a decent coach but once Ried lost his defensive guru he wasn't able to win. Also as we talked about earlier in this thread there just isn't any rookie qbs ready to start in the NFL in this draft.

Chiefs would be better off going after Alex Smith somehow.

DENVERDUI55
02-24-2013, 03:09 PM
YOU GONNA GET RAPED

Who the hell doesn't look good in gym shorts with no pass rush or coverage?

Br0nc0Buster
02-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Who the hell doesn't look good in gym shorts with no pass rush or coverage?

Dontari Poe ftw!!

but seriously I am waiting for the reaction when the Chiefs dont draft Geno

Right now he has been elevated to some sort of superstar elite prospect(according to Chief fans)

I will enjoy the backpeddling when the Chiefs take Joeckal over him

spiralism
02-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Strongly being rumoured that they traded for Alex Smith...my God, my ****ing sides ahahahaha :rofl::giggle:

FearLanier
02-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Strongly being rumoured that they traded for Alex Smith...my God, my ****ing sides ahahahaha :rofl::giggle:

This is what I've heard too.

I can't blame them. I thought one of these QB's would be standing out and taking command, but they are all looking bad, which sucks.

It appears Alex Smith is the best choice this year, as sad as that is.

I can see us doing what the Broncos did last year and drafting our developmental QB in round 2.

I'm a huge Tyler Wilson fan. If we can get him at 34, I'll be very pleased.

Kaylore
02-24-2013, 06:02 PM
I actually think this was a good year not to draft a QB first overall. Chief fans will whine but they will probably still use a pick on one to "boost the competition" at the position. Taking Geno Smith first overall would be the worst thing the Chiefs could do.

spiralism
02-24-2013, 07:01 PM
Bad draft for QBs in fairness but Smith is underwhelming as hell and Reid isn't going to run the safe, ball control run based offence he was comfortable with under Harbaugh. He's going to have him throwing 30+ passes every game and giving Charles **** all touches because that's how Reid does things. He LOATHES running the ball.

02-24-2013, 07:05 PM
I actually think this was a good year not to draft a QB first overall. Chief fans will whine but they will probably still use a pick on one to "boost the competition" at the position. Taking Geno Smith first overall would be the worst thing the Chiefs could do.

And you're a ****ing moron who thought a noodle arm like John Beck could play in the NFL....

OBF1
02-24-2013, 07:09 PM
More on Smith being a possible Chief from Yahoo:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/reports-trade-alex-smith-san-francisco-done-004247921--nfl.html

broncosteven
03-07-2013, 11:54 AM
kFc bust takes $10mil less to stay on the team for one year.

Jackson cut his salary from $14.72 million to $4.2 million in order to stay with Kansas City in 2013, but the team didn't extend the deal. This is the final year of his contract, and it is guaranteed

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000147642/article/tyson-jacksons-contract-restructured-by-kansas-city-chiefs

LOL

Looks like they want to kick the tires and Jackson knows he stole money from them since being drafted. He would rather take a huge pay cut than be out on the street.

Kaylore
03-07-2013, 12:36 PM
And you're a ****ing moron who thought a noodle arm like John Beck could play in the NFL....

Find one post where I said Beck would be good. I rooted for him, but I never said once he was going to be good.

And I see you guys cut Eric Winston, which I believe you and I argued about when I suggested he sucks and you said he was the long term answer.

I own you, Bob.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu192/Cruci-Fiction/MintRoyaleCarDancing2.gif

DENVERDUI55
03-07-2013, 12:59 PM
kFc bust takes $10mil less to stay on the team for one year.

Jackson cut his salary from $14.72 million to $4.2 million in order to stay with Kansas City in 2013, but the team didn't extend the deal. This is the final year of his contract, and it is guaranteed

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000147642/article/tyson-jacksons-contract-restructured-by-kansas-city-chiefs

LOL

Looks like they want to kick the tires and Jackson knows he stole money from them since being drafted. He would rather take a huge pay cut than be out on the street.Yeah he took a pay cut but KC guaranteed the rest of the deal. He wasn't going to get that money on the open market.

bronco militia
03-07-2013, 01:04 PM
I own you, Bob.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu192/Cruci-Fiction/MintRoyaleCarDancing2.gif

ewwwww...NTTAWWT

KCStud
03-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Find one post where I said Beck would be good. I rooted for him, but I never said once he was going to be good.

And I see you guys cut Eric Winston, which I believe you and I argued about when I suggested he sucks and you said he was the long term answer.

I own you, Bob.

Technically you didn't Gaylore.

Winston only gave up 4 sacks and 25 QB pressures last year, ranking as the 8th best RT in the league.

He was let go because he has an arm injury, and because Reid wants bigger RT's for his system.

maven
03-07-2013, 02:26 PM

Winston only gave up 4 sacks and 25 QB pressures last year, ranking as the 8th best RT in the league.

He was let go because he has an arm injury, and because Reid wants bigger RT's for his system.

Alex Smith is your QB.

:rofl:

boltaneer
03-07-2013, 09:45 PM
I could see the Chargers going after Winston as it sounds like he will fit the scheme McCoy and Wisenhunt want to run, providing the price is right.

razorwire77
03-08-2013, 11:26 AM
The Chefs franchise is an absolute train wreck.

Step one: Give up a king's ransom for a small handed game managing QB.

Step two: Franchise a LT for one year.

Step three: Cut a decent starting caliber RT in Winston

Step four: Draft Joeckal # 1 overall and move Albert to RT (ensuring that he'll get pissed and not sign a long-term deal next year.)

Step five: Draft a RT in 2014.

Winning. . . To their credit, most of the Chef Planet seems to be melting down. I don't blame them.

BroncosfanGuy
03-08-2013, 11:31 AM
serious question, when was the last time the Chefs seriously addressed the QB of the future via the draft? Blackledge? I remember guys like DeBerg, Bono, Montana, Grbac, Gannon, Green, Cassell, and now Smith (probably missing a retread or 12 in there). I don't remember an early pick being used on a QB. KC: home of great BBQ and retread QBs?

broncosteven
03-08-2013, 03:16 PM

If he was really the 8th best RT in the league his size would not be an issue.

Why would they want a bigger RT who is worse? Makes no sense.

I watch a lot of kFc games and when Winston was playing he was noting special. Charles speed made that OL look better than it was. Put a slower avg RB back there like Hillis and they sucked.

Reid is trying to upgrade because your OL is terrible. Not sure why he isn't trying to upgrade the C and add a G and upgrade the other G position but I like that he is possibly making the team weaker to implement his system.

broncosteven
03-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Like this is going to work.

"He guys I am thinking of taking Geno Smith come help me trade down!"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151881/article/andy-reid-geno-smith-in-play-for-kc-chiefs-no-1-pick

03-20-2013, 02:40 AM
Winston wasn't cut because he sucks.

He was cut because we're changing blocking schemes. He's a ZBS specialist and would be a liability now.

Kaylore
03-20-2013, 07:44 AM
Like this is going to work.

"He guys I am thinking of taking Geno Smith come help me trade down!"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151881/article/andy-reid-geno-smith-in-play-for-kc-chiefs-no-1-pick

He doesn't want Geno. That article doesn't even say he's looking at him. He said "He's a good QB" and they are looking at options. The Chiefs picked THE worst year to pick number one overall. There are people trying to trade up, and maybe there is a team who is stupid enough to waste a high pick on Geno Smith, but Reid isn't stupid and knows QB's. If he takes Smith it would be after trading back or trading back into the second round.

FearLanier
03-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Reid and Dorsey went to Oregon's pro day the day Geno Smith was throwing at West Virginia. That alone should say enough.

I think the Bills will want to trade up with somebody to get Geno. They literally have no choice. Who are they gonna start at QB next year? Nassib? That's not selling tickets and it's probably going to get the GM fired.
Barkley doesn't exactly fit Buffalo either because his average arm strength won't do well in Buffalo.

Dorsey said we've had discussions with a couple teams that are talking about trading up, so I guess we'll see if they bite.

Teams get very desperate on draft day though. They panic.

Tombstone RJ
03-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Reid and Dorsey went to Oregon's pro day the day Geno Smith was throwing at West Virginia. That alone should say enough.

I think the Bills will want to trade up with somebody to get Geno. They literally have no choice. Who are they gonna start at QB next year? Nassib? That's not selling tickets and it's probably going to get the GM fired.
Barkley doesn't exactly fit Buffalo either because his average arm strength won't do well in Buffalo.

Dorsey said we've had discussions with a couple teams that are talking about trading up, so I guess we'll see if they bite.

The Bills cut Fitzpatrick, right? Wow, this is a franchise almost as dumb as kc. They should draft a QB, but they should not trade up to do it. They need to get a guy like Matt Moore to come in and be a bridge to a young draft pick QB.

I'd be very suprised if the Bills give up much to trade to the #1 pick. They may try and trade up, but I doubt they offer a whole lot in exchange.

DBroncos4life
03-20-2013, 12:59 PM

He didn't play all that well in NY during the bowl game because of the poor weather. You would think that would sour the Bills right there.

Tombstone RJ
03-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Good lord, the Bills have Tavaris Jackson as the best QB right now... if they trade up for Geno Smith they deserve what they get. Right now they have the #8 pick and if they trade up to the #1 for Geno the fans should riot in the streets. They are better off taking Barkeley at #8 than trading up for Geno Smith. I'm guessing Smith will be there at #8 anyway...

FearLanier
03-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Good lord, the Bills have Tavaris Jackson as the best QB right now... if they trade up for Geno Smith they deserve what they get. Right now they have the #8 pick and if they trade up to the #1 for Geno the fans should riot in the streets. They are better off taking Barkeley at #8 than trading up for Geno Smith. I'm guessing Smith will be there at #8 anyway...

I don't think Geno will be there at 8. The Jags just had a private workout with him and they loved him. They also raved over him at his workout (read both on SI).

I think they really do want him. I think the Raiders and possibly the Eagles do too.

The best option the Bills have IMO is Mallet and there is no way Belichik is trading him to a divisional rival.

This makes me feel a lot better about Alex Smith. He seems to be the best choice our brass could have picked at QB this season.

Tombstone RJ
03-20-2013, 02:22 PM
I don't think Geno will be there at 8. The Jags just had a private workout with him and they loved him. They also raved over him at his workout (read both on SI).

I think they really do want him. I think the Raiders and possibly the Eagles do too.

The best option the Bills have IMO is Mallet and there is no way Belichik is trading him to a divisional rival.

This makes me feel a lot better about Alex Smith. He seems to be the best choice our brass could have picked at QB this season.

Don't the Jags have Gabbert? They are better off sticking with Gabbert another year and then drafting a QB next year. Or, they should wait and draft a QB in the 2nd round of this draft.

I seriously doubt they draft another mistake at QB in the top 10. I bet they try to trade down...

broncosteven
03-20-2013, 05:49 PM
He doesn't want Geno. That article doesn't even say he's looking at him. He said "He's a good QB" and they are looking at options. The Chiefs picked THE worst year to pick number one overall. There are people trying to trade up, and maybe there is a team who is stupid enough to waste a high pick on Geno Smith, but Reid isn't stupid and knows QB's. If he takes Smith it would be after trading back or trading back into the second round.

That was the point I was trying to make, he is trying to make it look like they could possibly take him to land a trade partner to trade down with out of the 1 slot.

They are desperate, they know the value is not there.

Pretty funny.

FearLanier
03-20-2013, 06:10 PM
That was the point I was trying to make, he is trying to make it look like they could possibly take him to land a trade partner to trade down with out of the 1 slot.

They are desperate, they know the value is not there.

Pretty funny.

It doesn't hurt him at all. With the overwhelming amount of love that the Jags have shown Geno, it appears that anyone else who wants Geno is going to have to trade with us.

The Jags are helping us, if anything.

broncosteven
03-20-2013, 06:46 PM
It doesn't hurt him at all. With the overwhelming amount of love that the Jags have shown Geno, it appears that anyone else who wants Geno is going to have to trade with us.

The Jags are helping us, if anything.

Do you think they are going to go after Milner (the CB) or OL if no one bites on their trading out of the 1st overall pick?

They could really use a CB to cover all of Denver's weapons.

boltaneer
03-20-2013, 07:04 PM

So because all these teams are starting to fall in love with Geno, you're glad the Chiefs traded away all those picks for Alex Smith?

Explain the logic here.

boltaneer
03-20-2013, 07:09 PM
The Bills cut Fitzpatrick, right? Wow, this is a franchise almost as dumb as kc. They should draft a QB, but they should not trade up to do it. They need to get a guy like Matt Moore to come in and be a bridge to a young draft pick QB.

I'd be very suprised if the Bills give up much to trade to the #1 pick. They may try and trade up, but I doubt they offer a whole lot in exchange.

Matt Moore re-signed with the Dolphins but I agree no one is going to give up much (if at all) for the #1 pick. It's just bad luck for the Chiefs this time that there are a number of players that could go #1.

And I don't think the Jaguars will necessarily go for a QB, though they need one. They have so many needs they could go with at that pick. They could probably draft a QB later on and ride out another bad year with Henne and Gabbert. They're not going to contend this year anyway.

FearLanier
03-20-2013, 07:19 PM
Do you think they are going to go after Milner (the CB) or OL if no one bites on their trading out of the 1st overall pick?

They could really use a CB to cover all of Denver's weapons.

I don't think they'll take a CB at 1 since the draft is so deep at CB. What's the difference between Milliner and a CB like Robert Alford who will most likely be there in the 3rd round? I don't see a big difference.

Our GM said we have 8-10 guys they like.

So far they have shown a huge interest in Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, Floyd, Jordan and Ansah.

Reid's history says we're taking a pass rusher. He loves them. If I had to guess, I'd say Dion Jordan, but Branden Albert is supposably on the trade block, so if he's traded we'll probably take Joeckel.

We'll find out more though. Dorsey said they still have workouts/visits with some top prospects. If I had to guess, I think that Star Lotulelie and Sheldon Richardson will get some strong looks too. All for either #1 pick or if we trade down.

03-20-2013, 07:25 PM
We just signed a ****ty starting CB so we're set there.

boltaneer
03-20-2013, 07:45 PM
I don't think they'll take a CB at 1 since the draft is so deep at CB. What's the difference between Milliner and a CB like Robert Alford who will most likely be there in the 3rd round? I don't see a big difference.

Our GM said we have 8-10 guys they like.

So far they have shown a huge interest in Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, Floyd, Jordan and Ansah.

Reid's history says we're taking a pass rusher. He loves them. If I had to guess, I'd say Dion Jordan, but Branden Albert is supposably on the trade block, so if he's traded we'll probably take Joeckel.

We'll find out more though. Dorsey said they still have workouts/visits with some top prospects. If I had to guess, I think that Star Lotulelie and Sheldon Richardson will get some strong looks too. All for either #1 pick or if we trade down.

Good luck trying to trade Albert with all his baggage and this being a deep draft for OTs.

FearLanier
03-20-2013, 07:57 PM
Good luck trying to trade Albert with all his baggage and this being a deep draft for OTs.

What baggage does he have? He's been medically cleared. Passed his physical with no back problems at all. They said no long term problems are there so I'm confused?

Albert is being rumored to go to Miami for their 2nd round pick, which seems very possible since they are in "win now" mode, Jeff Ireland's job is on the line and they would most likely have to trade up to get one of the 3 OT's.

03-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Albert doesn't have any baggage.

He's spent two seasons at the top of the pass blocking efficiency ratings for left tackles, so he's got a lot of value.

DBroncos4life
03-20-2013, 08:03 PM

He's spent two seasons at the top of the pass blocking efficiency ratings for left tackles, so he's got a lot of value.

No contract= not elite. :thumbs:

broncosteven
03-20-2013, 09:19 PM

Think of it this way, he was on a 2 win team and the new coach does not want to invest in him. What does that tell you?

boltaneer
03-20-2013, 09:32 PM
What baggage does he have? He's been medically cleared. Passed his physical with no back problems at all. They said no long term problems are there so I'm confused?

Albert is being rumored to go to Miami for their 2nd round pick, which seems very possible since they are in "win now" mode, Jeff Ireland's job is on the line and they would most likely have to trade up to get one of the 3 OT's.

Well back problems aren't that simple. It's good that he's been cleared but believe me, for a GM, that's still a concern if you're going to trade a high pick and give him a new contract.

Don't get me wrong, I said it was a great move for KC to tag him. I think most of KC's recent moves have been great except for Alex Smith. This is a draft loaded with OTs, even the ones outside of the top three should still be good players. IMO it would be foolish for Ireland to make that move.

FearLanier
03-21-2013, 12:21 PM
After reading this I'm convinced that Branden Albert is gone.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2013/03/21/chiefs-tackle-branden-albert-admits-hes-selfish/2004395/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I think he's heading to Miami and we'll get their 2nd and possibly another pick in return.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2013, 10:13 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2013/03/21/chiefs-tackle-branden-albert-admits-hes-selfish/2004395/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I think he's heading to Miami and we'll get their 2nd and possibly another pick in return.

yah maybe, you all might get that second round pick back... then the only question will be which LT will kc take?

FearLanier
03-22-2013, 05:23 AM
yah maybe, you all might get that second round pick back... then the only question will be which LT will kc take?

Probably Joeckel.

It would be incredible if we got a trade with the Eagles, picked up more picks and then took Joeckel at 4, but I doubt that happens.

Can't hurt to dream though :thumbsup:

broncosteven
03-22-2013, 11:30 AM

Sounds like kFc is content to tread water and not strengthen their team this year. This will be the 2nd position they addressed but didn't upgrade. Deuwayne Bow and now unloading Albert, who despite never making a Pro Bowl Boob and Sheepstud considered equal or better than Clady.

If you have an LT tagged why not draft another position of need on the OL rather than replace a guy, who if not spectacular, is productive? Don't they need a G, C, G, RT too?

This will be fun watching this play out, too bad kFc didn't still have Pioli and Romeo running this draft that could have been licensed out to Comedy Central for a reality show!

FearLanier
03-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Sounds like kFc is content to tread water and not strengthen their team this year. This will be the 2nd position they addressed but didn't upgrade. Deuwayne Bow and now unloading Albert, who despite never making a Pro Bowl Boob and Sheepstud considered equal or better than Clady.

If you have an LT tagged why not draft another position of need on the OL rather than replace a guy, who if not spectacular, is productive? Don't they need a G, C, G, RT too?

This will be fun watching this play out, too bad kFc didn't still have Pioli and Romeo running this draft that could have been licensed out to Comedy Central for a reality show!

This will be decided later after the draft is over. Schefter reported we are looking to get a 2nd this year and another additional pick next year.

Sounds like this is their attempt to get back some of that compensation to get Alex Smith.

They are also looking to trade down and have already talked to a few teams about it. It would be great if we got a 2nd this year and another pick next year for Albert and traded down to get another 2nd this year and a high pick next year while getting Joeckel, Fisher or Johnson.

broncosteven
03-22-2013, 11:50 AM
This will be decided later after the draft is over. Schefter reported we are looking to get a 2nd this year and another additional pick next year.

Sounds like this is their attempt to get back some of that compensation to get Alex Smith.

They are also looking to trade down and have already talked to a few teams about it. It would be great if we got a 2nd this year and another pick next year for Albert and traded down to get another 2nd this year and a high pick next year while getting Joeckel, Fisher or Johnson.

I think trading down is the best option you could still get a top 2 OT and pick up some picks. I would be surprised to see anyone give a 2nd for a guy who has a history of back issues. Maybe someone offers a low pick this year and a comp pick next year?

Still cracks me up that Reid locked up Bowie for big money when there was a large quality FA class of WR's available. At some point they are going to need to start addressing the positions they have less than average players at and upgrading those.

FearLanier
03-22-2013, 12:05 PM
I think trading down is the best option you could still get a top 2 OT and pick up some picks. I would be surprised to see anyone give a 2nd for a guy who has a history of back issues. Maybe someone offers a low pick this year and a comp pick next year?

Still cracks me up that Reid locked up Bowie for big money when there was a large quality FA class of WR's available. At some point they are going to need to start addressing the positions they have less than average players at and upgrading those.

I don't get your logic here broncosteven. What WR should the Chiefs have signed instead of Bowe?

Percy Harvin is a nutcase cancer to any team, Greg Jennings is coming off a major injury that sidelined him most of last year, the Dolphins threw the house at Mike Wallace, Wes Welker is old and not an outside WR (his strength is in the slot on the inside).

Bowe is in the top 20 WR's all time for receiving yards in 6 seasons played. He's been a 1,000 caliber WR his entire career and look at what QB's he's been given?

Signing him was a great move and a must. Plus this draft is extremely deep with talented WR's. There's about 12-14 WR's who could really make an impact on a team this year.

broncosteven
03-22-2013, 12:46 PM
I don't get your logic here broncosteven. What WR should the Chiefs have signed instead of Bowe?

Percy Harvin is a nutcase cancer to any team, Greg Jennings is coming off a major injury that sidelined him most of last year, the Dolphins threw the house at Mike Wallace, Wes Welker is old and not an outside WR (his strength is in the slot on the inside).

Bowe is in the top 20 WR's all time for receiving yards in 6 seasons played. He's been a 1,000 caliber WR his entire career and look at what QB's he's been given?

Signing him was a great move and a must. Plus this draft is extremely deep with talented WR's. There's about 12-14 WR's who could really make an impact on a team this year.

Good points, I also forgot that Smith likely wouldn't be able to chuck it 40 yards or more deep to Wallace. Maybe having a big guy outside who is old and misses out on targeted passes because he is not where he should be is a better option than taking a chance on Jennings or even Amendola.

You guys have the short little fast guy who is not really an RB and not an everydown WR to play slot. He will get alot of zero yard passes from Smith and expected to make YAC.

Terrible year to try to get better when all you can piece together is Smith, Dropsy Bowe and an LT TBD and no one wants to trade down with you...

FearLanier
03-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Good points, I also forgot that Smith likely wouldn't be able to chuck it 40 yards or more deep to Wallace. Maybe having a big guy outside who is old and misses out on targeted passes because he is not where he should be is a better option than taking a chance on Jennings or even Amendola.

You guys have the short little fast guy who is not really an RB and not an everydown WR to play slot. He will get alot of zero yard passes from Smith and expected to make YAC.

Terrible year to try to get better when all you can piece together is Smith, Dropsy Bowe and an LT TBD and no one wants to trade down with you...

Well our GM did say he's had more than 1 team talk to him about a trade. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen. We'll see. Can't trust any GM this time of the year!

I think our plan is to trade down and take Lane Johnson, who is just as good of a pass blocker as Joeckel or Fisher.

oubronco
03-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Why Yes the Chiefs do SUCK!!!

Rolandftw
03-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Chiefs can set themselves up pretty good for the future if they are able to acquire a second for 2014 in the Albert trade, and another 2nd rounder in a trade down from #1.

Having three 2nd rounders for 2014 potentially would help them to trade up for their QBOTF once they realize that Chase Daniel is awful, and never should have been signed.

broncosteven
03-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Well our GM did say he's had more than 1 team talk to him about a trade. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen. We'll see. Can't trust any GM this time of the year!

I think our plan is to trade down and take Lane Johnson, who is just as good of a pass blocker as Joeckel or Fisher.

You don't need the best Tackle in the draft just a guy who fits your system, trading down would be the smart move. You better hope someone falls in love with Geno.

boltaneer
03-23-2013, 03:45 AM
Chiefs can set themselves up pretty good for the future if they are able to acquire a second for 2014 in the Albert trade, and another 2nd rounder in a trade down from #1.

Having three 2nd rounders for 2014 potentially would help them to trade up for their QBOTF once they realize that Chase Daniel is awful, and never should have been signed.

Chiefs trade up to draft a franchise QB?? That'll be the day!

And who says they won't have the #1 pick again next year? :flower:

Rolandftw
03-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Chiefs trade up to draft a franchise QB?? That'll be the day!

And who says they won't have the #1 pick again next year? :flower:

Well, it's what they should do. They're not going to be relevant with Alex Smith unless they are basically the best everywhere else.

Unfortunately for them, getting rid of Crennel probably wins 1-2 more games for them. Would be surprised if they're picking #1 again anytime soon.

FearLanier
03-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Well, it's what they should do. They're not going to be relevant with Alex Smith unless they are basically the best everywhere else.

Unfortunately for them, getting rid of Crennel probably wins 1-2 more games for them. Would be surprised if they're picking #1 again anytime soon.

This just doesn't seem like the year to do get a QB.

I'm okay with Alex Smith for now because he's the best possible option, but I expect us to draft a guy to replace him in the future.

Tombstone RJ
03-25-2013, 01:37 PM
How bad do the chefs suck, well look at their timing when it comes to drafting a QB:

2014 projected mock draft: http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php

and we know what happened in 2012.

Rolandftw
03-25-2013, 02:00 PM
This just doesn't seem like the year to do get a QB.

I'm okay with Alex Smith for now because he's the best possible option, but I expect us to draft a guy to replace him in the future.

The problem is, you guys are unlikely to draft anyone to replace him, at least this year. I agree that they shouldn't have spent the #1 pick on Geno, but to make Chase Daniel the likely backup seems to be a big middle finger to those that have been championing KC to draft a QB high for years. I find it very hard to believe that Chase Daniel has a higher ceiling, or even more immediate value then the top 5 QB's in this years class.

Guess Smith was your best option this year, but longterm KC would have been a lot better off taking a gamble in the draft.

Pick Six
03-25-2013, 02:23 PM
How bad do the chefs suck, well look at their timing when it comes to drafting a QB:

They DO have us losing to the Seattle Seahawks, in the 2014 Super Bowl. That is SOMEWHAT positive...:thumbsup:

KCStud
03-25-2013, 03:20 PM

You think Johnny Football is going to be a franchise QB?

That guy is so overrated. He's barely 6 feet tall and scrawnier than Brodie Croyle.

Plus he has attitude problems and he's an asshole.

Teddy Bridgewater looks awesome though if he can build. He seems to be the only "franchise QB" prospect next year as of right now.

Tombstone RJ
03-25-2013, 03:26 PM
You think Johnny Football is going to be a franchise QB?

That guy is so overrated. He's barely 6 feet tall and scrawnier than Brodie Croyle.

Plus he has attitude problems and he's an a-hole.

Teddy Bridgewater looks awesome though if he can build. He seems to be the only "franchise QB" prospect next year as of right now.

They are projecting 4 QBs taken in the top 10, that's the point. This year they are trying to justify 1 QB taken in the top 10. This year is not only weak at the QB position, it's extremely weak. It's almost a anomoly for how bad the QBs are, like once in 10 years bad.

Last year was a once and 10 years high, this year it's just the opposite. Congrats, loser.

Requiem
03-25-2013, 03:31 PM
The Chiefs will be bad enough in 2013 to have their shot at an excellent class of QBs coming out in 2014. I was really hoping they would blow it and draft one of the turds this year.

KCStud
03-25-2013, 03:37 PM
They are projecting 4 QBs taken in the top 10, that's the point. This year they are trying to justify 1 QB taken in the top 10. This year is not only weak at the QB position, it's extremely weak. It's almost a anomoly for how bad the QBs are, like once in 10 years bad.

Last year was a once and 10 years high, this year it's just the opposite. Congrats, loser.

You do realize that a QB is not the best player in next years draft right? Hell they might not be the 2nd or even 3rd best.

Marquise Lee and Jadeveon Clowney are the best talents in the draft next year. And you could make a great argument that Jake Mathews is the 3rd best talent.

Btw tell Elway thanks for letting your 2nd best pass rusher go and getting nothing in return. Now teams are only afraid of Von, but will double team him. Thanks John!

Tombstone RJ
03-25-2013, 03:42 PM
You do realize that a QB is not the best player in next years draft right? Hell they might not be the 2nd or even 3rd best.

Marquise Lee and Jadeveon Clowney are the best talents in the draft next year. And you could make a great argument that Jake Mathews is the 3rd best talent.

Btw tell Elway thanks for letting your 2nd best pass rusher go and getting nothing in return. Now teams are only afraid of Von, but will double team him. Thanks John!

I guess we will see...

broncosteven
04-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Looks like Albert is a ne show at kFc voluntary workouts.

But hurt about being shopped, sounds like he thinks kFc is going to draft a LT and then trade his ass.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000156430/article/branden-albert-to-avoid-all-chiefs-voluntary-workouts

Tombstone RJ
04-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Looks like Albert is a ne show at kFc voluntary workouts.

But hurt about being shopped, sounds like he thinks kFc is going to draft a LT and then trade his ass.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000156430/article/branden-albert-to-avoid-all-chiefs-voluntary-workouts

Albert knows that if kc drafts a LT they will move Albert to RT either right away or after the 2013 season. Albert knows LT is the money position so he absolutely does not want to move to RT. I really believe kc wants to trade Albert desperately. Problem is, this is a top heavy draft for tackles and the strength of this draft is in rounds 2-4 so not many teams are gonna want to part with their second round pick...

I'm guessing kc drafts a LT with their first if they can't trade down...

boltaneer
04-01-2013, 10:54 PM
I don't understand KC's plan if they go with Joeckel.

Draft Joeckel #1, pay Albert franchise money this year then let him walk next year? What's the point in that? This team is not on the cusp of a Super Bowl.

Trading away picks for Alex Smith? Signing KC is spinning their wheels big time.

Their best bet is to trade Albert but his trade value stinks right now. But it would be better to get something for him at least.

razorwire77
04-02-2013, 01:22 PM

Draft Joeckel #1, pay Albert franchise money this year then let him walk next year? What's the point in that? This team is not on the cusp of a Super Bowl.

Trading away picks for Alex Smith? Signing KC is spinning their wheels big time.

Their best bet is to trade Albert but his trade value stinks right now. But it would be better to get something for him at least.

Nobody does. Well, expect for desperate dumpster fire franchises in small markets with gullible fan bases.

FearLanier
04-03-2013, 11:07 PM

It is being speculated that Branden Albert's back problems could be worse than perceived, but I'm not so sure that's true.

Albert has also been injured and missed games 4 of his 5 seasons and has never made a pro bowl, so does he really deserve big money?

NFL Network said that the Chiefs have 3 players who they are deciding on to make the pick: Joeckel, Fisher and Jordan.

I think the best plan is to keep Albert and draft Jordan. I really like his potential.

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2013, 09:13 AM
kc's plan is to trade Albert and recoup that #2 pick. But if they can't do this (there's still a few weeks before the draft) then they will take a tackle regardless. Albert is a good tackle and if he'd agree to move to the right side then kc would probably keep him. They'd then have a stud LT and a stud RT. But Albert has stated he's not playing RT and this is a smart move on his part because LT is where the money is at.

The idiot move by kc was giving up those draft picks for Alex Smith. That's where the turd was layed. If I was kc I would have offered a 4th round pick, maybe a 3rd at most for Alex Smith. If SF said no, then I would have brought in Matt Moore and then maybe drafted Barkley in the second round or another QB, whatever.

broncosteven
04-04-2013, 11:28 AM
The idiot move by kc was giving up those draft picks for Alex Smith. That's where the turd was layed. If I was kc I would have offered a 4th round pick, maybe a 3rd at most for Alex Smith. If SF said no, then I would have brought in Matt Moore and then maybe drafted Barkley in the second round or another QB, whatever.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

They fell in love with the fact that Smith was in the NFC Championship game the year before just as they fell in love with Grrrback, Bono, Montana in the past.

They gave up a lot for a short armed QB who proved he needs a full team around him to succeed.

FearLanier
04-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

They fell in love with the fact that Smith was in the NFC Championship game the year before just as they fell in love with Grrrback, Bono, Montana in the past.

They gave up a lot for a short armed QB who proved he needs a full team around him to succeed.

I would normally agree with this, but not this year. Alex Smith was the best QB available this year and it really isn't close. These QB's in the draft are arguably the worst class in 10 years.

I mean, what does it say when teams with the 1st, 3rd, 7th and 8th pick that desperately need a QB in the draft acquire veteran QB right before the draft?

It was reported that Oakland came in at the last minute and drove up the price for Alex Smith. On KC radio they said that we had originally offered a 3rd for him. A 2nd is the going rate for a QB though.

I think Reid recognized that we have some solid football players on the team like Bowe, Charles, Albert, Flowers, DJ, Tamba, Houston, Berry, Colquitt and a few other pieces that have some potential but we don't know what they are because of coaching.

We didn't give Alex Smith an extension, so it's widely believed that we will see how he does now and if he doesn't succeed, he will be replaced. Reid thinks this team is a team that can make the playoffs with better coaching this year. He mentioned that we were very close in 2011 and the pieces are still here.

We'll see though. I think the Chiefs will be in the playoff race this next season. Doesn't mean they'll get in, but they'll be in the discussion. I think a record around 8-8 is a fair expectation for this year.

broncosteven
04-04-2013, 01:19 PM
I would normally agree with this, but not this year. Alex Smith was the best QB available this year and it really isn't close. These QB's in the draft are arguably the worst class in 10 years.

I mean, what does it say when teams with the 1st, 3rd, 7th and 8th pick that desperately need a QB in the draft acquire veteran QB right before the draft?

It was reported that Oakland came in at the last minute and drove up the price for Alex Smith. On KC radio they said that we had originally offered a 3rd for him. A 2nd is the going rate for a QB though.

I think Reid recognized that we have some solid football players on the team like Bowe, Charles, Albert, Flowers, DJ, Tamba, Houston, Berry, Colquitt and a few other pieces that have some potential but we don't know what they are because of coaching.

We didn't give Alex Smith an extension, so it's widely believed that we will see how he does now and if he doesn't succeed, he will be replaced. Reid thinks this team is a team that can make the playoffs with better coaching this year. He mentioned that we were very close in 2011 and the pieces are still here.

We'll see though. I think the Chiefs will be in the playoff race this next season. Doesn't mean they'll get in, but they'll be in the discussion. I think a record around 8-8 is a fair expectation for this year.

Funny how Geno was being pimped during the season as a legit playoff contending QB who could come in and make kFc competitive right away.

Smith being the best available isn't saying much. Just look at his stats before he had a quality team built around him. I think you got the next Matt Cassel, not Joe Montana.

boltaneer
04-04-2013, 02:59 PM

So the Chiefs are giving up a 2nd and another 2nd or 3rd for a two year rental?

How Raider-esque of them to do that.

Are Chief fans really happy with this? Yes, Alex Smith gives them a chance to win a few more games. But why shoot for 8-8 (even that is high expectations IMO) when you can roll the dice and go for a franchise QB? Look at the quarterbacks the Chiefs have missed out in the past few years especially because they were content with Cassel or Brodie Croyle.

broncosteven
04-04-2013, 04:07 PM

Are Chief fans really happy with this? Yes, Alex Smith gives them a chance to win a few more games. But why shoot for 8-8 (even that is high expectations IMO) when you can roll the dice and go for a franchise QB? Look at the quarterbacks the Chiefs have missed out in the past few years especially because they were content with Cassel or Brodie Croyle.

kFc needs to take a QB at some point to groom and to be a backup to Smith. They are paying Daniel a lot of money considering he only has 7 passes in 3 years. Is an undrafted kid getting $3.333.333 mill a year going to take over or compete with AS?

If kFc was smart and one of these under whelming QB's were around in the 2nd round they should pull the trig...oh wait they don't have a 2nd round pick...

A. Smith, Ricky Stanzi, Chase Daniel are the QBOTF in kFc LOL

Now that Albert is franchised, they just can't cut him without taking a Cap hit right? They kinda dug themselves into a hole.

broncosteven
04-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Ha!

kFc gets to start their new regime with

Saints
49ers
Steelers
Packers

They better hope the worst record gives them a bigger break in the RS.

FearLanier
04-04-2013, 05:15 PM

While true, that's not on this regime since they weren't here before this year. Alex Smith fits our system fairly well and Andy Reid has always liked him.

I will trust Andy Reid here with his history of the QB position.

But it does say a lot that NFL personnel are not impressed with this class.

I would like to see them draft a QB high in the next year or two and keep Alex Smith around in the mean time.

Alex Smith signing is like Jake Plummer to the Broncos IMO. Same kind of move with the same kind of feel. Good QB coach getting an average QB to fit his system.

broncosteven
04-04-2013, 05:19 PM
While true, that's not on this regime since they weren't here before this year. Alex Smith fits our system fairly well and Andy Reid has always liked him.

I will trust Andy Reid here with his history of the QB position.

But it does say a lot that NFL personnel are not impressed with this class.

I would like to see them draft a QB high in the next year or two and keep Alex Smith around in the mean time.

Alex Smith signing is like Jake Plummer to the Broncos IMO. Same kind of move with the same kind of feel. Good QB coach getting an average QB to fit his system.

But Jake came into a team that had the pieces already in place around him. Alex has Charles and one career avg to below avg WR behind no OL to speak of and a D filled with one trick pony's.

Rolandftw
04-04-2013, 05:25 PM
I think they'll have a good offensive line after the draft. Other then Bowe, receivers are still weak though. Definitely not a believer in their secondary. I could see Alex Smith having a Jake Plummer type value for the Chiefs. I'm sure most Chief fans would be satisfied with Smith if he led KC to multiple playoff births, and a trip to the AFC Championship game.

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm still scratching my head as to why Reid thinks Alex Smith fits his type of throw heavy offense... my best guess is he will have to design his offense around Smith's strengths which means a conservative dink and dunk type of offense. Maybe Reid will run the ball more with Charles on the team and open up the passing lanes this way, who knows? It's all a mystery right now IMHO.

KCStud
04-04-2013, 06:11 PM
But Jake came into a team that had the pieces already in place around him. Alex has Charles and one career avg to below avg WR behind no OL to speak of and a D filled with one trick pony's.

I didn't realize a WR that puts up 1,000 yard caliber seasons every year and is top 10 in touchdowns for WR's over the last 3 years with some of the worst QB's in the NFL is considered "average to below average".

Your hatred for the Chiefs blinds your reality.

Requiem
04-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Nice job of using his 15 year statistical outlier to prove he is a top 10 receiver in terms of touchdowns. Lol. He has had 8 in the past 27 games. Lmfao.

KCStud
04-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Nice job of using his 15 year statistical outlier to prove he is a top 10 receiver in terms of touchdowns. Lol. He has had 8 in the past 27 games. Lmfao.

Name 10 receivers you'd take over him.

MagicHef
04-04-2013, 06:50 PM

Megatron
Fitz
Demaryius
AJ Green
Julio Jones
Andre Johnson

Yeah, that's probably it. I'd be very happy to have Bowe in Denver.

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2013, 06:50 PM

Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Brandon Marshall
AJ Green
Julio Jones
Larry Fitzgerald
Roddy White
DeSean Jackson
Wes Welker
Steve Smith
Greg Jennings
Mike Wallace
Anquane Boldin
Demarius Thomas
Victor Cruz
Hakeem Nicks
Jordy Nelson

KCStud
04-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Brandon Marshall
AJ Green
Julio Jones
Larry Fitzgerald
Roddy White
DeSean Jackson
Wes Welker
Steve Smith
Greg Jennings
Mike Wallace
Anquane Boldin
Demarius Thomas
Victor Cruz
Hakeem Nicks
Jordy Nelson

Ha!Ha!Ha!

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Ha!Ha!Ha!

You said 10, I listed 17 other WRs that I'd possibly take before Bowe, depending on the situation. However, there are 10 WRs there, no question I'd take before Bowe.

Requiem
04-04-2013, 07:25 PM

I've already given my 2 cents on the Chiefs doing the smart thing and locking in Bowe because they have nobody else on their roster. I think he is a good player, but I don't know if he is a Top 10 NFL WR. The fifteen touchdown season, as I said, is an outlier, his production isn't all-world or awesome in comparison to a large number of receivers in the NFL.

I'll go with the obvious guys I'd take over him any day of the week:

Calvin Johnson
Julio Jones
AJ Green
Roddy White
Larry Fitzgerald
Brandon Marshall
Andre Johnson
Dez Bryant
Marques Colston

Two guys the Broncos already have: Wes Welker and Demaryius Thomas.

What does that make, 11? That wasn't even hard.

FWIW, it doesn't include guys that others have mentioned (V. Jackson, Jennings, Cruz, Nicks, Wayne, Harvin, Smith, etc.) who are versatile and offer just as much as Bowe has done in the passing game. And there are a few others as well. Blackmon played well for a dogpiss team in Jacksonville last year and will probably be an elite player if they get a good QB.

I think you would be hard pressed to come up with a lot of NFL GM's and executives who would consistently rank Bowe in the Top 10. I just rattled off about 15-20, which is probably where Bowe would be. In that 10-15 range. Bring up all those receivers and look at their career numbers (most have played five to six years like Bowe has) and tell me where he ranks among his peers.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Ha!Ha!Ha!

Don't you ever get sick of having to defend a big bag of mashed up assholes so much?

KCStud
04-04-2013, 09:19 PM
You said 10, I listed 17 other WRs that I'd possibly take before Bowe, depending on the situation. However, there are 10 WRs there, no question I'd take before Bowe.

Bowe is just as good as all the other players I bolded.

And before you begin to blast Bowe for "drops", you might want to keep in mind that Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker tied for 3rd in the NFL in drops with 9 each.

If Bowe had Peyton Manning, he'd be putting up at least 1,250 yards and 12 TD's a year. At least.

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Dez Bryant and Vincent Jackson are two more WRs I'd consider before Bowe...

mwill07
04-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Bowe is just as good as all the other players I bolded.

And before you begin to blast Bowe for "drops", you might want to keep in mind that Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker tied for 3rd in the NFL in drops with 9 each.

If Bowe had Peyton Manning, he'd be putting up at least 1,250 yards and 12 TD's a year. At least.

man, if Bowe had a QB, they would have taken state. no doubt. Not a doubt in my mind.

DBroncos4life
04-04-2013, 09:50 PM
man, if Bowe had a QB, they would have taken state. no doubt. Not a doubt in my mind.

:notworthy

Rolandftw
04-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Bowe's near the bottom of the top ten probably. If he doesn't make the top ten, he's in the 11-13 range at least. No way would I rather have Brandon Marshall over Bowe, at this point. Wouldn't want someone like Marshall anywhere near my team

KCStud
04-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Bowe's near the bottom of the top ten probably. If he doesn't make the top ten, he's in the 11-13 range at least. No way would I rather have Brandon Marshall over Bowe, at this point. Wouldn't want someone like Marshall anywhere near my team

This. I think 8-10 range. I wouldn't want Dez Bryant on my team either. He can't even go to the bathroom without someone holding his hand.

KCStud
04-05-2013, 02:49 PM

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 2 Apr
Just looked up the Chiefs depth chart…Can't remember seeing a better group of players for a team picking 1st in the #NFLDraft.

hmmm

Requiem
04-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Chiefs won't win a Super Bowl before 2050.

Kaylore
04-05-2013, 03:47 PM
I am very curious how the Chiefs will do. I do agree they underachieved last season, but I also don't think they're a QB and a coach away from the SB like their fans believe.

FearLanier
04-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I am very curious how the Chiefs will do. I do agree they underachieved last season, but I also don't think they're a QB and a coach away from the SB like their fans believe.

I'm not sure where you're getting this Kaylore?

Idk any Chiefs fans or media who think they are a QB and coach away from the SB. I know a lot of Chiefs fans believe they are a QB and head coach away from making the playoffs as a 5th or 6th seed though.

FearLanier
04-05-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm still scratching my head as to why Reid thinks Alex Smith fits his type of throw heavy offense... my best guess is he will have to design his offense around Smith's strengths which means a conservative dink and dunk type of offense. Maybe Reid will run the ball more with Charles on the team and open up the passing lanes this way, who knows? It's all a mystery right now IMHO.

KC radio explained this perfectly.

Alex Smith is very effective throwing the short and intermediate routes. He's capable of throwing downfield pretty well, but it isn't a strength by any means.

The WCO that Reid runs is like Bill Walsh's WCO, which is built primarily on short and horizontal passes to stretch the defense out to create lanes for the RB and holes in the middle for WR's.

Alex Smith is a very accurate passer in that role and fits it extremely well. It is more of a "dink and dunk" system, but it works.

The Patriots do a lot of horizontal passes as well in the same strategy, but if I had to compare it to a certain system than ironically I'd compare it to what Todd Haley did last year in Pittsburgh.

He ran that dink and dunk style with Big Ben and even though Steeler fans were skeptical about it, Big Ben had one of his best and most efficient seasons last year.

I think the plan is to run that style this year. It helps when you have Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe to get some YAC. That is afterall what made Cassel look so good in 2010.

Tombstone RJ
04-05-2013, 10:31 PM
KC radio explained this perfectly.

Alex Smith is very effective throwing the short and intermediate routes. He's capable of throwing downfield pretty well, but it isn't a strength by any means.

The WCO that Reid runs is like Bill Walsh's WCO, which is built primarily on short and horizontal passes to stretch the defense out to create lanes for the RB and holes in the middle for WR's.

Alex Smith is a very accurate passer in that role and fits it extremely well. It is more of a "dink and dunk" system, but it works.

The Patriots do a lot of horizontal passes as well in the same strategy, but if I had to compare it to a certain system than ironically I'd compare it to what Todd Haley did last year in Pittsburgh.

He ran that dink and dunk style with Big Ben and even though Steeler fans were skeptical about it, Big Ben had one of his best and most efficient seasons last year.

I think the plan is to run that style this year. It helps when you have Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe to get some YAC. That is afterall what made Cassel look so good in 2010.

yah ok, like I said, dink and dunk with captain check down. I'll keep saying this until I actually watch it: Reid is not known for this type of offense, that is, an offense that dinks and dunks and relies on the running game. Reid is almost re-inventing himself and his offensive philosophy. Can Reid do this? I don't know, but we will soon find out.

R-Mac
04-06-2013, 02:18 AM
Jeff Garcia: 113 TDs in 74 games with the 49ers. Alex Smith: 81 TDs in 80 games with the 49ers. I could understand Broncos' fans getting excited with the arrival of Peyton Manning. I can't understand Chiefs' fans that are celebrating a new era with Alex Smith. His best season: 3,144 yards, 17 TDs (19 total including 2 rushing TDs). Tim Tebow scored 18 total TDs in 2011. Remember when McDaniels brought Kyle Orton? That's how they should feel. The excitement of having a "game manager" when the best QBs in the pass-happy NFL are throwing for 4,000+ yards and 30+ TDs.