PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey Warns Sanchez

Pony Boy
04-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey, who experienced two seasons of Tebowmania, delivered a warning to New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez on Tuesday.

Tim Tebow wants your job.

"Oh, he's going to challenge him, absolutely," Bailey said at the launch of the NFL's new uniforms in Brooklyn. "Sanchez can't feel too comfortable in his seat. If he keeps playing well, he doesn't have to worry about it. But if he doesn't play well, we all know what's going to happen next."

"Just roll with it, you can't stop it," he said, offering advice to Tebow's new teammates. "The one thing that made it easy to deal with was the way he handled it. He handled it with a lot of class, very professional. I love him to death. He's a great kid. I wish him the best. Whatever he gets, he deserves."

"I think he'll do it," Bailey said. "Will he like doing it for the rest of his career? I don't think so. I think this is a short-term thing. The guy will be a starter at some point, whether it's here or somewhere else, because he's going to work to get it done."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7771007/champ-bailey-denver-broncos-says-tim-tebow-wants-new-york-jets-starting-job

Doggcow
04-03-2012, 08:01 PM
This is so awesome. How bad ass a move did we make? Got a fun as hell year out of him, now no matter what happens we look pretty damn good. And we got PEYTON MANNING

Pony Boy
04-03-2012, 08:04 PM
This is so awesome. How bad ass a move did we make? Got a fun as hell year out of him, now no matter what happens we look pretty damn good. And we got PEYTON MANNING

I can't wait till Sanchez throws his first pick six late in the game ...... the fans will rip that stadium apart whenTebow trotts out on the field..

Rohirrim
04-03-2012, 08:06 PM
I was busting up over at Gang Green reading some of their posters who were saying, "There won't be a QB controversy in NY."

Hilarious!

SportinOne
04-03-2012, 08:09 PM
We got Peyton Manning.

Popcorn Sutton
04-03-2012, 08:17 PM

But he's like Chad Pennington and his career will end with one hit??? :wave:

broncosteven
04-03-2012, 09:48 PM
But he's like Chad Pennington and his career will end with one hit??? :wave:

you should post more Popcorn, just for the Avatar

Popcorn Sutton
04-03-2012, 10:27 PM
you should post more Popcorn, just for the Avatar

:sunshine:

baja
04-03-2012, 10:50 PM

we could have had both

Pick Six
04-03-2012, 10:56 PM
we could have had both

It would have never worked. There would always be a faction that wants Tebow to start, over Manning...

Blueflame
04-03-2012, 11:12 PM
we could have had both

Why do you hate Tebow, Baja? I mean, keeping him (on the bench behind Manning) would have meant denying him the opportunity to maybe win a starting job.... trading him was tantamount to doing him an enormous favor.

baja
04-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Why do you hate Tebow, Baja? I mean, keeping him (on the bench behind Manning) would have meant denying him the opportunity to maybe win a starting job.... trading him was tantamount to doing him an enormous favor.

He likely won't start in NY either. It seemed the prudent thing to do was keep him one year and see how Manning does. As to doing him a favor you really think learning under Manning & Elway would be terrible for him?

You are a fan that has always said do what is best for the Broncos, who would be the better back up who we got or Tebow. And don't come back with the distraction argument. If manning is what we hope there will be no distraction and if he sucks so bad there is a distraction that means we made a mistake and will be very glad we have Tebow to soften the blow.

Blueflame
04-03-2012, 11:33 PM
He likely won't start in NY either. It seemed the prudent thing to do was keep him one year and see how Manning does. As to doing him a favor you really think learning under Manning & Elway would be terrible for him?

You are a fan that has always said do what is best for the Broncos, who would be the better back up who we got or Tebow. And don't come back with the distraction argument. If manning is what we hope there will be no distraction and if he sucks so bad there is a distraction that means we made a mistake and will be very glad we have Tebow to soften the blow.

The last post was just teasing you a bit, Baja.

In seriousness, I don't think "EFX" wanted to keep Tebow and it's also likely that Tebow wanted to be traded (an "amicable separation" if you will). Learning under Elway/Manning wouldn't have "been terrible" for him, but he's a competitive guy and I don't think he wanted to hold the clipboard. Let's face it; he's more likely to see the field from behind Sanchez than from behind a starter of Manning's stature.

baja
04-03-2012, 11:39 PM
The last post was just teasing you a bit, Baja.

In seriousness, I don't think "EFX" wanted to keep Tebow and it's also likely that Tebow wanted to be traded (an "amicable separation" if you will). Learning under Elway/Manning wouldn't have "been terrible" for him, but he's a competitive guy and I don't think he wanted to hold the clipboard. Let's face it; he's more likely to see the field from behind Sanchez than from behind a starter of Manning's stature.

I really really like Tebow but I don't care if he wanted to hold a clip board or not

I believe it was in the Broncos best interest to keep him for a season. Lets say the light comes on for Tebow after understudying with Manning and starts playing lights out and Manning decides to retire (for what ever reason ) after this season.

Blueflame
04-03-2012, 11:51 PM
I really really like Tebow but I don't care if he wanted to hold a clip board or not

I believe it was in the Broncos best interest to keep him for a season. Lets say the light comes on for Tebow after understudying with Manning and starts playing lights out and Manning decides to retire (for what ever reason ) after this season.

Perhaps...but if the Broncos have ever denied a trade to a player that they knew wanted to be traded, I sure don't recall reading about it. Yeah, they did have all the cards and "could" have kept him regardless of what he wanted... but honestly, it's probably better for him the way they did it.

NUB
04-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Tebow is a much better QB for the Jets than Sanchez is. Just the way that team is made up. And unless Sanchez plays good, consistent ball, he will inevitably lose his job next season. Tebow would have gained nothing sitting behind Manning; Manning's backups wither and turn to dust in this league.

Drek
04-04-2012, 12:02 AM
It would have never worked. There would always be a faction that wants Tebow to start, over Manning...

And the other 95% of Broncos fans would have thought them crazy. That is an easy PR battle for the FO to win and it would have let us keep a valuable situational weapon and far superior backup QB than we have now. One with real long term potential.

He's not here because Elway and co. never wanted him in the first place. It was a no win situation for Tebow long term because no matter how many games he won he wasn't going to become their guy.

baja
04-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Perhaps...but if the Broncos have ever denied a trade to a player that they knew wanted to be traded, I sure don't recall reading about it. Yeah, they did have all the cards and "could" have kept him regardless of what he wanted... but honestly, it's probably better for him the way they did it.

Really? What if Doom wants to be traded. How about Von? Do we, because we are so nice, grant them a trade?

Blueflame
04-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Really? What if Doom wants to be traded. How about Von? Do we, because we are so nice, grant them a trade?

Guess we'd have to "cross that bridge" if we come to it... but if they wanted to be somewhere else... as long as we got good value (made the new team overpay if possible).... then the team might be better off in the long run by making the trade.

As far as the Tebow trade, we really can't evaluate the deal until we see how it all plays out (who we draft with the picks and how they develop). We may very well be far better off than we'd have been by keeping him, but it's too soon to tell yet.

baja
04-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Guess we'd have to "cross that bridge" if we come to it... but if they wanted to be somewhere else... as long as we got good value (made the new team overpay if possible).... then the team might be better off in the long run by making the trade.

As far as the Tebow trade, we really can't evaluate the deal until we see how it all plays out (who we draft with the picks and how they develop). We may very well be far better off than we'd have been by keeping him, but it's too soon to tell yet.

It always too soon to tell. When it's not there is nothing to discuss. That is a cop out argument.

Blueflame
04-04-2012, 12:34 AM
It always too soon to tell. When it's not there is nothing to discuss. That is a cop out argument.

We can disagree on that. :wave:

Shananahan
04-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Are you really trying to play coy and pretend that you may have preferred to keep Tebow, Blueflame?

Blueflame
04-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Are you really trying to play coy and pretend that you may have preferred to keep Tebow, Blueflame?

Absolutely not. While I do understand the argument Baja is making (how it could possibly have benefited the team to keep him), I've repeatedly stated that trading him was (IMHO) the best outcome for everyone involved, but especially for Tebow himself.

baja
04-04-2012, 12:55 AM
Blue how is it in the best interest of the Broncos to not keep the better of the two back ups especially with the questions surrounding the health of Manning?

Blueflame
04-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Blue how is it in the best interest of the Broncos to not keep the better of the two back ups especially with the questions surrounding the health of Manning?

My take is that... if EFX has made the decision that Tebow doesn't have the skill set they want in their starting QB, then there's no reason to keep him on the roster any longer (after signing Manning). Keeping him would be just "delaying the inevitable". Also, the style of offense they have to implement for Tebow... is quite different from what they're going to install with Manning. It seems to make sense to get a backup who can run "close to" the same scheme as the starter; rather than to expect the entire offense to learn a second very different scheme in the event that the starter is sidelined. We do still need another QB at some point 'cause I highly doubt that they're gonna go with just Manning and Weber.

Also... I don't know that Tebow's trade value would ever be any higher than it is right now. Sitting on the bench for another year... being another year older (and yet no further advancement on the field) by next offseason... isn't likely to add to his value.

errand
04-04-2012, 02:35 AM

How hard do you think a player, that wants off your team , will play for you?

fontaine
04-04-2012, 05:01 AM
This goes both ways.

When Sanchez throws an int, looks lost and can't throw well then you'll hear Tebow chants up and down the stadium.

When Tebow comes in and sails a couple of passes wide off target and has sub 50% completion for most of the game then those sames fans are going to boo him.

The Jets and their fans have very little invested in Tebow and they're not interested in spending another two/three years developing a guy while watching him struggle.

fontaine
04-04-2012, 05:36 AM
I think Tebow's going to have a much tougher time in NY.

1. The staff there have already said they plan to use him on specific zone read/option type of limited plays so it's not as if they're going to develop his game, compared to what was going to happen here before Manning.
2. The Jets have completely different expectations. They're not interested in developing a QB but want to win now and make a deep run in the playoffs.
3. Tebow is going to get very little time to get starting snaps, if any, since Sanchez will work with the first team offense and have the offense suited to his strengths.
4. And the fans aren't going to tolerate 50% passing games from Tebow, poor off target throws, entire quarters where he doesn't complete a forward pass (just like they won't with Sanchez).

DENVERDUI55
04-04-2012, 06:23 AM
This goes both ways.

When Sanchez throws an int, looks lost and can't throw well then you'll hear Tebow chants up and down the stadium.

When Tebow comes in and sails a couple of passes wide off target and has sub 50% completion for most of the game then those sames fans are going to boo him.

The Jets and their fans have very little invested in Tebow and they're not interested in spending another two/three years developing a guy while watching him struggle.

The fans will call for heads and be looking for a replacement for both of them in 2 years. Sanchez could be serviceable for a few more years though.

rbackfactory80
04-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Who knows, maybe Sanchez turns into Drew Brees with the pressure. Without Rivers coming in I would have pegged Drew for another bottom of the barrel year. Actually I still did even though Rivers was drafted. I expected him to melt.

Pony Boy
04-04-2012, 07:23 AM
After this season we will be able to look at Manning realistically and see if it's a short term run or 4 to 5 years. If it's only a short run then there are 3 excellent QB prospects in the 2013 draft.

BroncoBeavis
04-04-2012, 07:30 AM

Would you stop it with,the rewriting history stuff. They were shopping him weeks before Manning was even on the market. Dealing him had nothing to do with how Tim felt about it.

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Would you stop it with,the rewriting history stuff. They were shopping him weeks before Manning was even on the market. Dealing him had nothing to do with how Tim felt about it.

After the Broncos acquired Manning, it's very probably that TT wanted to be traded to a team that gave him a better opportunity to play. That's not rewriting history.

BroncoBeavis
04-04-2012, 10:07 AM
After the Broncos acquired Manning, it's very probably that TT wanted to be traded to a team that gave him a better opportunity to play. That's not rewriting history.

So you start shopping him around the league before it's even established that Manning won't be playing for the Colts... or going elsewhere.

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2012, 10:13 AM
So you start shopping him around the league before it's even established that Manning won't be playing for the Colts... or going elsewhere.

I'm saying that after Manning was acquired TT wanted out. Before Manning was acquired I'm sure TT was expecting to be the starting QB going into training camp. As for what the Broncos front office believed or did I cannot say. All I know is what Elway said in the media, however, what he was saying in private to other teams is speculation for the most part.

fontaine
04-04-2012, 10:13 AM

Yes, it's called wanting to win.

The FO/staff made a decision that they weren't going to win long/short term with Tebow consistently without miraculous luck and so they moved on.

You're one of the few that hasn't.

lolcopter
04-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Sanchez sucks

jhns
04-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Yes, it's called wanting to win.

The FO/staff made a decision that they weren't going to win long/short term with Tebow consistently without miraculous luck and so they moved on.

You're one of the few that hasn't.

You haven't moved on either. You post about Tebow just as much as any Teboner.

BroncoBen
04-04-2012, 10:32 AM
I can't wait till Sanchez throws his first pick six late in the game ...... the fans will rip that stadium apart whenTebow trotts out on the field..

No kidding... Sanchez it seems is good for at least 1 or 2 INTs a game, the pressure will be on him for sure. The question is 'whether' he can handle it.

BroncoBeavis
04-04-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm saying that after Manning was acquired TT wanted out. Before Manning was acquired I'm sure TT was expecting to be the starting QB going into training camp. As for what the Broncos front office believed or did I cannot say. All I know is what Elway said in the media, however, what he was saying in private to other teams is speculation for the most part.

No, speculation is blindly guessing. At least two different media sources have said the Broncos were shopping Tebow two weeks before Manning was released by the Colts. That's not speculation. You can say they're lying, but I don't think that's likely (and it fits the overall pattern of action)

Blueflame
04-04-2012, 11:21 AM

Link, please. To a credible news source. The "shopping him weeks before Manning was even on the market" story was an unsubstantiated rumor (not established fact as you're claiming here)... unless something more has come out that I missed.

BroncoBeavis
04-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Link, please. To a credible news source. The "shopping him weeks before Manning was even on the market" story was an unsubstantiated rumor (not established fact as you're claiming here)... unless something more has come out that I missed.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/2012-03-26/story/jaguars-owner-tim-tebow-didnt-want-come-jacksonville

Beantown Bronco
04-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Well, to be fair, it was universally known weeks before Manning's official release (and press conference) that he was going to be released. It's not like it was some big shock. There was zero doubt that he was not going to be on the Colts this season, and his contract made him untradeable. So it wasn't a question of whether he was going to be a FA, it was simply a question of when the cut was going to be made official.

The only thing I think the front office wasn't entirely truthful about was the timing of their interest in Manning. When Fox said that he decided he wanted him after he saw the press conference, and not before it, I don't believe him. But that's a different issue, and I think that he HAD to say that or he'd risk a league investigation.

Dedhed
04-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Got a fun as hell year out of him, now no matter what happens we look pretty damn good.
Not sure I understand this. I can think of some things that could happen that would make us look pretty damn dumb.

Hopefully that isn't the case, but there's certainly that possibility.

CEH
04-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Well, to be fair, it was universally known weeks before Manning's official release (and press conference) that he was going to be released. It's not like it was some big shock. There was zero doubt that he was going to be on the Colts this season, and his contract made him untradeable. So it wasn't a question of whether he was going to be a FA, it was simply a question of when it was going to be made official.

Politically they can't talk to him until he was a FA but within back channels when did the Broncos really know that Manning might be interested in the Broncos. The combine was the perfect place to gauge interest if Manning had somehow through whatever means he would be interested in Denver

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2012, 01:34 PM
No, speculation is blindly guessing. At least two different media sources have said the Broncos were shopping Tebow two weeks before Manning was released by the Colts. That's not speculation. You can say they're lying, but I don't think that's likely (and it fits the overall pattern of action)

you're derailing the original topic which is TT wanted a trade AFTER Manning was acquired. Again, what happened before Manning was acquired makes little to no difference. You are just bent out of shape because TT is gone and this keeps you going in the same circle.

bendog
04-04-2012, 01:35 PM
No kidding... Sanchez it seems is good for at least 1 or 2 INTs a game, the pressure will be on him for sure. The question is 'whether' he can handle it.

It's going to be fabulous. I figure Peyton will be good for at least 4 natl televised games, and I can catch another two at a sports bar, and I really don't mind the tape delay thing, because it's just not that easy for me to devote an entire Sunday to football. But, it's tempting to get the ticket to see Jests games. Those fans are nuts.

fontaine
04-04-2012, 01:38 PM
You haven't moved on either. You post about Tebow just as much as any Teboner.

I'm defending the FO.

Have been doing since the sky is falling posts after just two/three days of free agency when people were panicing because they didnt' sign 3 or 4 top free agents.

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2012, 01:43 PM
http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/2012-03-26/story/jaguars-owner-tim-tebow-didnt-want-come-jacksonville

I found this interesting:

At 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, the Broncos let the Jaguars know they were allowing Tebow to choose between the teams. Denver coach John Fox kept Tebow abreast of the talks throughout the day. Early in the day Fox had asked Tebow if he had a preference, and Tebow said both seemed fine and the Broncos should do what was best for the team.

Wednesday evening, Tebow’s opinion changed. He was going to have a better opportunity to start in New York and felt more wanted by the Jets organization.

so TT was in full control over where he went in the end.

BroncoBeavis
04-04-2012, 02:10 PM
you're derailing the original topic which is TT wanted a trade AFTER Manning was acquired. Again, what happened before Manning was acquired makes little to no difference. You are just bent out of shape because TT is gone and this keeps you going in the same circle.

Yeah, speaking of speculation...

BroncoBeavis
04-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I found this interesting:

At 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, the Broncos let the Jaguars know they were allowing Tebow to choose between the teams. Denver coach John Fox kept Tebow abreast of the talks throughout the day. Early in the day Fox had asked Tebow if he had a preference, and Tebow said both seemed fine and the Broncos should do what was best for the team.

Wednesday evening, Tebow’s opinion changed. He was going to have a better opportunity to start in New York and felt more wanted by the Jets organization.

We've been over that part already. Yes, Tebow was allowed to give his preference out of the final two because the deals offered were so close.

MacGruder
04-04-2012, 02:13 PM

He may have been in control of where he went between the Jets and Jags but he may have an issue because they limited it to those teams. For example if the Pats wanted Tebow they may not have given him the option t go there because they knew Peyton would get beat by the Tebow Brady Beli combo.

bendog
04-04-2012, 02:26 PM
these two make Laurel and Hardy seem like serious actors doing broadway drama

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2012, 02:33 PM
He may have been in control of where he went between the Jets and Jags but he may have an issue because they limited it to those teams. For example if the Pats wanted Tebow they may not have given him the option t go there because they knew Peyton would get beat by the Tebow Brady Beli combo.

Well ok but doesn't a team have to "want" TT too. TT claims he went to the Jets because he felt the most wanted by them (even though the Jags were offering more and IMHO they actaully displayed their want in a tangible way but whatever) so he choose the Jets.

No other teams were involved because no other teams offered the same deals, correct? IMHO that means there was no "desire" by these teams to acquire TT.

So, TT went to a team that wanted him so the feeling was mutual (I want you and you want me). But now you are complaining because in your imaginary world the Broncos somehow did a disservice to TT by not giving him the full choice of all 32 teams?

hmm...

Heyneck
04-04-2012, 02:39 PM
How hard do you think a player, that wants off your team , will play for you?

That's exactly why we traded portis, cutler, bmarsh, sheff, and hillis. Egotistic bastards that got sand blown into their vaginas.

peacepipe
04-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Well ok but doesn't a team have to "want" TT too. TT claims he went to the Jets because he felt the most wanted by them (even though the Jags were offering more and IMHO they actaully displayed their want in a tangible way but whatever) so he choose the Jets.

No other teams were involved because no other teams offered the same deals, correct? IMHO that means there was no "desire" by these teams to acquire TT.

So, TT went to a team that wanted him so the feeling was mutual (I want you and you want me). But now you are complaining because in your imaginary world the Broncos somehow did a disservice to TT by not giving him the full choice of all 32 teams?

hmm...I agree,I don't believe,outside of the jets & jags, any other team was really interested. jags was more about ticket sales & jets was more about running the WC on situational plays.

jhns
04-04-2012, 02:41 PM
That's exactly why we traded portis, cutler, bmarsh, sheff, and hillis. Egotistic bastards that got sand blown into their vaginas.

Then you won't like this front office. Elway doesn't work like that. He wouldn't have traded Cutler. He has said so.

bendog
04-04-2012, 02:42 PM
I agree,I don't believe,outside of the jets & jags, any other team was really interested. jags was more about ticket sales & jets was more about running the WC on situational plays.

BB knew that TT was the key to him winning another superbowl, but EFX asked too much for TT.

beavis.

Cito Pelon
04-04-2012, 02:52 PM
I bet Franchez already has dreams about Tebow. The subconscious can be evil.

Heyneck
04-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Then you won't like this front office. Elway doesn't work like that. He wouldn't have traded Cutler. He has said so.

And I agree with Elway, if Cutler hadn't behaved the way he did with our owner. You just don't trade talent like him in his early years when you can see he has a vast amount of potential.

But once they go badly sour... the way Portis, BMarsh, Cutler and Sheff did... you have to move on. The interesting thing is that in those cases... it was all the fault of Shanny doing his usual routine of blowing smoke up a particular players ass. That happen clearly with Cutler, Portis, and BMash. He over lauded them so much... that their egos grew to unimaginable size. They were very young (2 and 3 year players) and all ready felt like they were way among their peers.

Anyway... my point was that with Tebow... it's different when granting the trade request because for the last 2 years the FO treated him like ****. By granting him the choice of selecting his team they "saved" face. Tebow didn't believe in the FO anyway so it had to be done. I still think we will regret it down the road. But it's time to start looking foward with what we have on board. Right now all we can ask is that the FO keeps learning how to work together. I am still uneasy about Elway in his role... just because I prefer the old model of the Coach and GM doing all the talking.

Bacchus
04-04-2012, 03:06 PM

Any backup QB Denver is likely to get will be better QB than Tebow. I am pretty sure Elway knew there was no way Tebow could running a Manning style offense in case he got hurt.

bendog
04-04-2012, 03:11 PM

Well, Sonic just wanted to get paid. His issue was everyone in the NFL knew he was first round talent, but he didn't get first round money and then put up two 1500 yard years, and I'm not sure I've seen anyone who can take any touch to the bank since him unless it was a young AP. But, Sonic didn't want to wait to he was entering his final contract year to discuss an extension in return to foregoing RFA status.

As a rookie, Portis signed a four-year contract that included a $1.29 million signing bonus but only minimum annual base salaries. His scheduled base salaries for the last two years of the deal are $380,000 in 2004 and $455,000 for 2005. At the Pro Bowl two weeks ago, Portis suggested he might boycott training camp unless his contract was upgraded and his comments did not sit well with Broncos management.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1742003

Shanny didn't want to budge, and thought Bailey and whomever he'd put in Sonic's slot was an upgrade for the team.

The other four had personality issues with McDouche ... who had personality issues with whomever was unfortunate enough to encounter the pos midget

Chris
04-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Well, Sonic just wanted to get paid. His issue was everyone in the NFL knew he was first round talent, but he didn't get first round money and then put up two 1500 yard years, and I'm not sure I've seen anyone who can take any touch to the bank since him unless it was a young AP. But, Sonic didn't want to wait to he was entering his final contract year to discuss an extension in return to foregoing RFA status.

As a rookie, Portis signed a four-year contract that included a $1.29 million signing bonus but only minimum annual base salaries. His scheduled base salaries for the last two years of the deal are $380,000 in 2004 and $455,000 for 2005. At the Pro Bowl two weeks ago, Portis suggested he might boycott training camp unless his contract was upgraded and his comments did not sit well with Broncos management.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1742003

Shanny didn't want to budge, and thought Bailey and whomever he'd put in Sonic's slot was an upgrade for the team.

The other four had personality issues with McDouche ... who had personality issues with whomever was unfortunate enough to encounter the pos midget

Shanny was right in this case. Portis was an above average back that looked great in our system. Champ is a star for life.

Heyneck
04-04-2012, 03:24 PM

Mostly agree dude...but portis had a diva attitude that Shanny didn't want to deal with. Plus it was his rule that our FO would only restructure/extend rookie contracts after their 3rd year depending on their production. Still, would take champ in a hart beat again!!! Though I miss a back like Portis!!!

Cutler and BMash had ego problems that didn't let them react properly to adversity. That was Shannys fault by blowing smoke up their ass on a consitent basis. Cutler felt he was untouchable. Even when Cassel was not added, he still felt he had a whole bucket of sand in his vagina. BMarsh wanted to get paid. None had a problem with the system (thought it didn't help that McDouche got ride of Bates)... it was just egos that didn't allow them to budge from their original intentions.

Anyway... all of them cried their way out of here. So I don't miss them or blame our coaches. But in reality if any is to blame on this cases, it's on Shanny. He cuddled them to much... and just over complemented them to the point where they just thought they were entitled for the rest of their careers.

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Looking back on the Portis/Bailey trade its clear that Shanny shined on that one. Kudos to Shanny for that trade. I also loved drafting Cutler, loved it. And, I was a big supporter of Plummer too. However the snake had reached his full potential and Shanny had two directions he could go: 1. Make the defense crazy good, or at least try to build up a better defense so to protect the Broncos when Plummer threw INTs or when the offense stalled out. Or 2. draft a QB that Shanny can mold and has all the skills and brains to run the entire offense.

We know which direction Shanny went. Again, I loved the Cutler pick. I just wish Shanny could have built up the defense better. I wish he would have taken the defense as seriously as he did the offense.

Heyneck
04-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Looking back on the Portis/Bailey trade its clear that Shanny shined on that one. Kudos to Shanny for that trade. I also loved drafting Cutler, loved it. And, I was a big supporter of Plummer too. However the snake had reached his full potential and Shanny had two directions he could go: 1. Make the defense crazy good, or at least try to build up a better defense so to protect the Broncos when Plummer threw INTs or when the offense stalled out. Or 2. draft a QB that Shanny can mold and has all the skills and brains to run the entire offense.

We know which direction Shanny went. Again, I loved the Cutler pick. I just wish Shanny could have built up the defense better. I wish he would have taken the defense as seriously as he did the offense.

Yup... but for some reason he thought he could plug in over priced, over the hill vets on that side of the ball. If he had just developed 1 or 2 DT and S... he would still be here.

bendog
04-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Yup... but for some reason he thought he could plug in over priced, over the hill vets on that side of the ball. If he had just developed 1 or 2 DT and S... he would still be here.

I sorta disagree. Not about player development. That part I never liked about Shanny. But, with the old CBA, Bowlen really did have money issues ... even Crazy Bug Eye Jerry Jones did. Now, cap grows slower than revenue, so Den can be competitive w/o having to do crazy **** like Dan Snyder.

MacGruder
04-04-2012, 03:49 PM

hmm...

I am saying we just don't know... and this may be why Tebow is not comfortable telling the whole story. He doesn't want to look like he is bashing EFX but he also doesn't want to lie and say they did him right.

We don't know who else made a legitimate offer or if someone even offered MORE but EFX didn't want him going there.

No, we don't know if that is what happened but it is certainly possible and is the only real reason I can see Tebow having issues with them.

One thing I do know though the first team I heard having interest when Tebow was available was the Patriots..

Heck.. the Jets may have been so hot on Tebow because they KNEW how well the Pats would use him and then Rex and company could get humiliated again by Tebow maybe even in the playoffs.. the same reason the Broncos refused to let him go there...

Cito Pelon
04-04-2012, 03:58 PM

Eh, Portis and Shanny both mishandled that situation. Shanny was pissed he got challenged by Portis after he made him a superstar, Portis was too stupid to be patient and wait a year when he would get the big money.

Shanny was desperate for a stud CB after failing so many times in the draft and FA to find one. Remember, he tried to find one every dang year before Champ with Tory James, Darrius Johnson, Dale Carter, Chris Watson, Middlebrooks, Deltha O'neal. Two 1st rounder's, a 2nd rounder, a 3rd rounder, a 4th rounder, and Carter the huge FA money.

DBroncos4life
04-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Fact the Pats didn't want TT.

Cito Pelon
04-04-2012, 04:23 PM

Shanny was right to draft Cutler, it was pretty clear to me that Plummer's heart wasn't in the game anymore. I don't care what he says now, if he was all into it he would still be playing now.

Shanny f'd up in that ridiculous, incomprehensible hiring of Jim Bates to guide him through to a kickass defense. Good lord, they wanted Justin Harrell real bad (bust), so they trade up to get Jarvis Moss passing on Reggie Nelson, Leon Hall, Jon Beason, Anthony Spencer, David Harris.

They pick Tim Crowder in round 2 and pass on Brandon Mebane, Charles Johnson.

Blueflame
04-04-2012, 06:06 PM

That article repeats the rumor without citing any source whatsoever for the information. It doesn't even cite "an unnamed source from an unnamed team" saying it happened. You're free to believe an unsubstantiated rumor if you wish but I'm gonna remain skeptical unless or until I see more than just a CYA article from the J-ville media attempting to placate their fans after being rejected by Tebow.

BroncoBeavis
04-04-2012, 06:16 PM
That article repeats the rumor without citing any source whatsoever for the information. It doesn't even cite "an unnamed source from an unnamed team" saying it happened. You're free to believe an unsubstantiated rumor if you wish but I'm gonna remain skeptical unless or until I see more than just a CYA article from the J-ville media attempting to placate their fans after being rejected by Tebow.

What good would a citation of an unnamed source make. Glazer reported it as well, but you'd say it wasn't "substantiated" until Honest John wrote it down and signed it.

Meanwhile TJ mentions that he heard on the light rail that Tebow wanted out and it's instantly assumed to be the case.

What evidence is there that Tebow wanted out?

Blueflame
04-04-2012, 06:31 PM
What good would a citation of an unnamed source make. Glazer reported it as well, but you'd say it wasn't "substantiated" until Honest John wrote it down and signed it.

Meanwhile TJ mentions that he heard on the light rail that Tebow wanted out and it's instantly assumed to be the case.

What evidence is there that Tebow wanted out?

You're right; I tend to give Elway the benefit of any doubt (because of all he's done for the Denver Broncos organization) unless or until someone proves beyond all doubt that he behaved like an a-hole. You, on the other hand, have shown a penchant for believing any and every negative rumor about him; regardless of how flimsy.

As for why any athlete with a competitive nature would want to be traded... it all comes down to his odds of getting to play. Clearly, Tebow has a better chance of supplanting Sanchez than Manning.

baja
04-04-2012, 07:22 PM

Isn't that another way of saying McD was a big part of the problem. Maybe if a guy like Fox had been hired the Cutler issue would have been a non-issue.

baja
04-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Any backup QB Denver is likely to get will be better QB than Tebow. I am pretty sure Elway knew there was no way Tebow could running a Manning style offense in case he got hurt.

Why would he have to, ya write a new game plan every week ya know.

Dedhed
04-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Yup... but for some reason he thought he could plug in over priced, over the hill vets on that side of the ball. If he had just developed 1 or 2 DT and S... he would still be here.Shanny's down fall was that he never tried to build. He always tried to patch.

Dedhed
04-04-2012, 08:50 PM

This is idiot logic. No QB in the NFL can run a Manning style offense. And to think that any back up, let alone EVERY backup could come in and wins games more efficiently than Tebow is ridiculous at best.

bendog
04-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Shanny was right to draft Cutler, it was pretty clear to me that Plummer's heart wasn't in the game anymore. I don't care what he says now, if he was all into it he would still be playing now.

Shanny f'd up in that ridiculous, incomprehensible hiring of Jim Bates to guide him through to a kickass defense. Good lord, they wanted Justin Harrell real bad (bust), so they trade up to get Jarvis Moss passing on Reggie Nelson, Leon Hall, Jon Beason, Anthony Spencer, David Harris.

They pick Tim Crowder in round 2 and pass on Brandon Mebane, Charles Johnson.

the Moss draft is indefensible, but more so because 3 of the 4 guys were playing last year, but not for us. That's shanny player development in a nutshell. Yeah, Moss was a bust for the place he was taken. Harrell was a bust because he blew out his back and a knee. But, really, at the time, I thought that first round was just weak in Dline possibilities.

I looked it up, and Den gave away the picks that ultimately landed Reggie Nelson and Marshal Yanda.

Orange_Beard
04-05-2012, 03:58 PM
we could have had both

How could you have an offense for both of these QB's?

If Peyton got hurt you bring in Tebow to try and run an Offense designed for Manning?

And the other way around, the 2 players are so oposite, how could one fill in for the other?

Orange_Beard
04-05-2012, 04:00 PM
I love how he just drove a spike through the NY locker room.

He is coming for you Sanchez, grip it tighter.

baja
04-05-2012, 04:36 PM
How could you have an offense for both of these QB's?

If Peyton got hurt you bring in Tebow to try and run an Offense designed for Manning?

And the other way around, the 2 players are so oposite, how could one fill in for the other?

I'd say we'ed win more games with Tebow that we ever will with Henie.

No backup QB can run the Manning offense. Manning goes down we're F'ed. I'd rather watch Tebow than Henie and we get the added bonus of watching to see if Tebow is going to put it all together while still under contract.

baja
04-05-2012, 04:40 PM
My guess the reason Tebow was traded s because Manning wanted him gone. He probably said to EFX, "Guys I'd be much more inclined to sign with except for the Tebow distraction. Not sure I want to deal with that circus.".

EFX, "No prop. Peyton, sign and he's gone. Anything else??"

BroncoBeavis
04-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Shanny's down fall was that he never tried to build. He always tried to patch.

I always thought if he'd just latch onto a top-shelf defensive coordinator and let him handle that side of the ball, everything would work out. Shanny didn't need a great defense, just a good one. But we kept starting over every year with a new DC. Makes your young talent look like crap. Makes it so solid FA's want to play elsewhere where there's some stability.

When Shanny went, I figured it was time, even though I felt mixed about it. The control issues combined with the repeated silver-bullet approach is doomed to fail. Which is why I still don't think the Skins will ever amount to a true contender, even with RG3.

Orange_Beard
04-05-2012, 04:45 PM
I'd say we'ed win more games with Tebow that we ever will with Henie.

No backup QB can run the Manning offense. Manning goes down we're F'ed. I'd rather watch Tebow than Henie and we get the added bonus of watching to see if Tebow is going to put it all together while still under contract.

Yeah, who ever got the wild hair and signed Henie may need to pass a few piss tests.

I just can't wrap my mind around Manning goes down and Tebow comes in. I can't think of 2 guys at the same position with more opposite skill sets.

BroncoBeavis
04-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah, who ever got the wild hair and signed Henie may need to pass a few piss tests.

I just can't wrap my mind around Manning goes down and Tebow comes in. I can't think of 2 guys at the same position with more opposite skill sets.

If you think about it though, that's exactly what we just experienced, although Manning's skill set is obviously 1000x better than Orton's.

If you can have success switching from KO to Tebow, I don't see any reason you can't do the same from Manning to Tebow. Unless you just don't believe Tebow can succeed in general... which is why we keep having these arguments :)

Gutless Drunk
04-05-2012, 05:04 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/05/tim-tebow-pedicure-new-york-jets-rex-ryan/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#.T34kb_nGO00

Tim Tebow clearly knows how to impress his new boss ... cause the NY Jets QB went out and got himself a pedicure in L.A. this week.

TMZ obtained a pic of Tebow in the chair at MB Nails in West Hollywood on Tuesday ... moments before technicians went to town on his fingers and toesies.

Sources at the salon tell us Tebow was "VERY friendly" during his $23 mani/pedi treatment ... and dropped a HUGE tip at the end.

Manicured feet are important to pro athletes ... especially when they're playing for Rex Ryan.

Gutless Drunk
04-05-2012, 05:07 PM
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201204/tebowmania-alive-dallas-cowboys-country

f you book him, they will come.

Tim Tebow's rock star status will be on display this weekend. The Jets quarterback is scheduled to appear at a Church in Georgetown, Texas, and the turnout is expected to be larger than your typical late season Bengals home game.

KVUE-TV Austin reports Tebow is scheduled to speak for only 20 minutes during an outdoor Easter Sunday worship service. A mind-boggling crowd of close to 30,000 are expected to attend the event in the "Red Poppy" Capital of Texas.

That's a lot of people when you consider none of them will be able to park. The church is renting 110 buses to transport Tebow fans and worshipers for free from different locations around Texas.

While this central Texas town isn't well known, chances are pretty good you've heard of its most famous resident. Nolan Ryan, the Hall of Fame pitcher and CEO of the Texas Rangers, reportedly lives in an exclusive gated community in Georgetown.

Pastor Joe Champion told the TV station he had no idea why his congregation was picked by Tebow's team for the Easter appearance.

While we don't know what Tebow will say on Sunday, it's a sure thing he'll have really nice finger and toenails. TMZ showcased a photo of the Jets quarterback getting a $23 mani/pedi treatment at a nail salon in West Hollywood this week.

baja
04-05-2012, 05:26 PM
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201204/tebowmania-alive-dallas-cowboys-country

f you book him, they will come.

Tim Tebow's rock star status will be on display this weekend. The Jets quarterback is scheduled to appear at a Church in Georgetown, Texas, and the turnout is expected to be larger than your typical late season Bengals home game.

KVUE-TV Austin reports Tebow is scheduled to speak for only 20 minutes during an outdoor Easter Sunday worship service. A mind-boggling crowd of close to 30,000 are expected to attend the event in the "Red Poppy" Capital of Texas.

That's a lot of people when you consider none of them will be able to park. The church is renting 110 buses to transport Tebow fans and worshipers for free from different locations around Texas.

While this central Texas town isn't well known, chances are pretty good you've heard of its most famous resident. Nolan Ryan, the Hall of Fame pitcher and CEO of the Texas Rangers, reportedly lives in an exclusive gated community in Georgetown.

Pastor Joe Champion told the TV station he had no idea why his congregation was picked by Tebow's team for the Easter appearance.

While we don't know what Tebow will say on Sunday, it's a sure thing he'll have really nice finger and toenails. TMZ showcased a photo of the Jets quarterback getting a $23 mani/pedi treatment at a nail salon in West Hollywood this week.

Tell me this guy couldn't be president someday if he wants.

Smilin Assassin
04-05-2012, 06:16 PM

He couldn't.

Was born in the Phillipines :-/

Jay3
04-05-2012, 06:32 PM

I've thought about that -- it really could happen. He'd obviously have to run for some office like Florida Governor first, and do well. But he's got the undefinable appeal and ability to use words and stay on message to be President.

Jay3
04-05-2012, 06:32 PM
He couldn't.

Your citizenship card. Hand it over.

Bacchus
04-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Tim Tebow clearly knows how to impress his new boss ... cause the NY Jets QB went out and got himself a pedicure in L.A. this week.

TMZ obtained a pic of Tebow in the chair at MB Nails in West Hollywood on Tuesday ... moments before technicians went to town on his fingers and toesies.

Sources at the salon tell us Tebow was "VERY friendly" during his $23 mani/pedi treatment ... and dropped a HUGE tip at the end.

Manicured feet are important to pro athletes ... especially when they're playing for Rex Ryan.

ok, that's gay.

errand
04-05-2012, 06:56 PM

He probably could.....but the media that adores him now, will trash him if he ever ran.

errand
04-05-2012, 06:58 PM
He couldn't.

Isn't he still a US citizen?

DENVERDUI55
04-05-2012, 07:27 PM

He is but there is some natural born rule or something.

lonestar
04-05-2012, 07:35 PM

I beleive thta you may be right on..

manning is not long term and setting in QB meetings with the master as well as perfecting his throwing motion this coming year well could have been the best thing that could have happened to him..

but then there would have been the tebow morons beating the tebow drum and buying billboards..

If only they would be patient he will be a damn fine QB down the road probably about the same time as manning hangs them up..

and we will be holding our cocks in our hand wondering what to do AGAIN..

Rohirrim
04-05-2012, 07:40 PM

I think he lived in the Phillippines and went to some Madrassa, or something.

MacGruder
04-05-2012, 07:45 PM

It might be best that he can't be president.. it may be a downgrade from current Tebow status.

I wouldn't be surprised if he can make more of an impact through the NFL than the presidency.

MacGruder
04-05-2012, 07:51 PM
but then there would have been the tebow morons beating the tebow drum and buying billboards..

If only they would be patient he will be a damn fine QB down the road probably about the same time as manning hangs them up..

EVERYONE wanted Tebow to play over Orton.. not just "Tebow fans"...

If Peyton stinks it up as bad as Orton did people WOULD'VE and SHOULD'VE done the same thing..

Circle Orange
04-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey, who experienced two seasons of Tebowmania, delivered a warning to New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez on Tuesday.

Tim Tebow wants your job.

"Oh, he's going to challenge him, absolutely," Bailey said at the launch of the NFL's new uniforms in Brooklyn. "Sanchez can't feel too comfortable in his seat. If he keeps playing well, he doesn't have to worry about it. But if he doesn't play well, we all know what's going to happen next."

"Just roll with it, you can't stop it," he said, offering advice to Tebow's new teammates. "The one thing that made it easy to deal with was the way he handled it. He handled it with a lot of class, very professional. I love him to death. He's a great kid. I wish him the best. Whatever he gets, he deserves."

"I think he'll do it," Bailey said. "Will he like doing it for the rest of his career? I don't think so. I think this is a short-term thing. The guy will be a starter at some point, whether it's here or somewhere else, because he's going to work to get it done."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7771007/champ-bailey-denver-broncos-says-tim-tebow-wants-new-york-jets-starting-job

I give Champ credit...that's the politest cheap shot I've ever heard.

LOL, everyone's talking now that Tim isn't with the Broncs anymore...you get the sense they were fed up with a lot of the "Mania" anyway.

And what's all this talk about Tim being gay? Some news outlet?