PDA

View Full Version : Joe Flacco must have a drinking problem

Goobzilla
04-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Joe Flacco thinks heís ďthe bestĒ quarterback in football
Posted by Mike Florio on April 3, 2012, 2:59 PM EDT

Weíve long believed that Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco doesnít get enough credit for his accomplishments in four years of football. Still, it was difficult to agree with agent Joe Lintaís argument that Flacco, based on his wins and losses, merits a top-five contract.

Itís even harder to agree with Flaccoís own assessment of his skills.

ďI assume everybody thinks theyíre a top-five quarterback,Ē Flacco told WNST in Baltimore, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. ďI mean, I think Iím the best. I donít think Iím top five, I think Iím the best. I donít think Iíd be very successful at my job if I didnít feel that way. I mean, Címon? Thatís not really too tough of a question. But that doesnít mean that things are gonna work out that way. It just means that thatís the way it is, thatís the way I feel it is, and thatís the way I feel it should be.Ē

We understand the attitude, and the importance of confidence. But like Eli Manningís characterization of himself as ďeliteĒ in August 2011 (you know, before he went out and proved it), the better answer in these situations is something along the lines of, ďThatís not for me to decide. Those labels are determined by others.Ē

So far, Flaccoís supreme confidence isnít resulting in a new contract.

ď[I]t either gets done or it doesnít,Ē Flacco said of the negotiations. ďAnd Iím not really too involved in the process besides letting him know how I feel and letting him take care of that and letting the Baltimore Ravens take care of their side. And thatís really my involvement. Itís not about the money, itís about what you as a player feel that you deserve. And at the end of the day, theyíll take care of it and Iíll be waiting.Ē

But if he thinks heís the best quarterback, then he necessarily thinks he deserves to be paid more than any other quarterback.

If thatís the case, Flacco will be waiting for a while.

Gort
04-03-2012, 01:38 PM
clearly, his unibrow is on too tight. it's restricting blood flow to his brain.

Jetmeck
04-03-2012, 01:40 PM
not hardly. Great defense goes a long way ! Ask Trent Dilfer............

Tombstone RJ
04-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Whenever a player says it's not about the money, it is. Not only is Flacco not a top 5 QB, he's also pretty dumb too.

Taco John
04-03-2012, 01:48 PM
I do believe that he is a bit underrated, but not nearly THAT underrated. I think he's at the top of the second tier of guys.

broncocalijohn
04-03-2012, 01:52 PM
A good qb and knows how to win. BUT the best? I think it isn't alcohol that he is on. Hanging out with Ernie and the other Sesame Street Gang has got to Flacco's brain cells.

Kaylore
04-03-2012, 01:53 PM
In before KCSheepStud says he sucks.

lolcopter
04-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Dumbass scrub who can throw the long ball and dump offs to ray rice

Color me unimpressed

Eli >>>>>>>> flacco

ColoradoDarin
04-03-2012, 02:02 PM
He's about the level of Alex Smith, so he's got that going for him.

bendog
04-03-2012, 02:11 PM
I do believe that he is a bit underrated, but not nearly THAT underrated. I think he's at the top of the second tier of guys.

He had a nice AFC championship game, and he's still got upside. But top 5, lol

BroncoMan4ever
04-03-2012, 02:22 PM
while he is a mediocre QB i think it would be bad for a franchise if they didn't have a QB who thought he was the baddest mother****er in the league.

for a league that is ego driven and so much is disected about individuals, you have to keep that attitude that you are great or the weight of the pressure put on you will end your career.

Gcver2ver3
04-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Non story...

I have zero problem with flacco telling people he thinks he is the best...

Clearly he is wrong by a mile, but i still have no problem with it... flacco shouldnt be expected to proclaim other qbs are better than him...

Chris
04-03-2012, 03:34 PM
If he can play like he did in the playoffs last year, then we'll talk about top 5. Otherwise, PFFFFttttFFFttttFFFttttFFFFFFttttttt.

Tombstone RJ
04-03-2012, 03:40 PM
while he is a mediocre QB i think it would be bad for a franchise if they didn't have a QB who thought he was the baddest mother****er in the league.

for a league that is ego driven and so much is disected about individuals, you have to keep that attitude that you are great or the weight of the pressure put on you will end your career.

he's a bs artist. He saying this to let the team know it's about the money. Clearly his stats do not back it up. His objective is to send a clear message to the team "I think I'm worth a lot of money." The very fact he says "it's not about the money" tells you everything you need to know about what his angle is. Ozzie isn't an idiot, he knows Flacco is taking his contract case to the media.

Also, I think I'm the best poster on the OMane so you should pay way more attention to my posts than to other posters on this board.

see, I can play that game too.

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 03:42 PM

I think you want a guy who WANTS to be the best. Not one who thinks he already is. And you can even live with that if he actually IS. Or reasonably close.

This is absurd. Guy just came off arguably the worst year in his career.

DeuceOfClub
04-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Stopped reading after "It's not about the money"

oubronco
04-03-2012, 06:28 PM
What would you expect him to say, that he sucks?

DBroncos4life
04-03-2012, 06:39 PM
I can see Flacco's career taking off like Eli Manning's did around this time. Both had so so stats leading into this point in their careers, and lets be real even after Eli's first SB win not many people thought he was all that good. Hell just earlier in the season people bashed him for saying he is better then Tom Brady. Well I think it's not that far off base.

LRtagger
04-03-2012, 07:50 PM

The article clearly states what most would expect him to say.

maven
04-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't pay him the $100 million which i'm sure he's seeking. Not worth it at all.

Tombstone RJ
04-03-2012, 08:12 PM

the article pretty much addresses what he should have said, I also wouldn't have a problem with him saying something like "I haven't reached my full potential yet and I know my best years are still ahead of me" or something to along those lines.

Bigdawg26
04-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Clearly cocaine is a kill of a drug!

broncosteven
04-03-2012, 08:28 PM
On Brady's worst day ever he still beat him, maybe he is a drop/strip away from top 10 but far from the best.

BroncoMan4ever
04-03-2012, 10:41 PM
he's a bs artist. He saying this to let the team know it's about the money. Clearly his stats do not back it up. His objective is to send a clear message to the team "I think I'm worth a lot of money." The very fact he says "it's not about the money" tells you everything you need to know about what his angle is. Ozzie isn't an idiot, he knows Flacco is taking his contract case to the media.

Also, I think I'm the best poster on the OMane so you should pay way more attention to my posts than to other posters on this board.

see, I can play that game too.

personally i think everyone should have that attitude or high opinion of themselves for at least 1 thing in their life.

teknic
04-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Dumbass scrub who can throw the long ball and dump offs to ray rice

Color me unimpressed

Eli >>>>>>>> flacco

Definitely. I don't think it's even a question if Eli is better than Flacco. Flacco is an idiot if he thinks he's top 5 in the league, let alone the best.

BroncoMan4ever
04-03-2012, 10:46 PM
I think you want a guy who WANTS to be the best. Not one who thinks he already is. And you can even live with that if he actually IS. Or reasonably close.

This is absurd. Guy just came off arguably the worst year in his career.

after a mediocre season is when you most need to talk yourself up. when you have a great season you just flat out know that you kick ass. but when you are down that is when you need to fool yourself into believing you are better than you are. you can't get ready for a new season proclaiming to yourself, "I'm a mediocre QB, nothing special going on with me, this team ould be better with someone else" instead you have to tell yourself, "i am the baddest mother****er to pick up the pig skin."

i'm saying any QB or NFL player in general who doesn't have that attitude of talking themselves up so they can aim for something higher is not a player i want to cheer for.

BroncoMan4ever
04-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Definitely. I don't think it's even a question if Eli is better than Flacco. Flacco is an idiot if he thinks he's top 5 in the league, let alone the best.

interesting debate now is, where does Eli rate? top 3 right now are Rodgers, Brees and Brady. can't put Peyton on the list since he didn't play last season and until the games start being played he is still a question mark. but after the top 3 what should the rankings be?

Broncolt
04-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Joe flacco's too funny. what league was he playing in last year? lol