PDA

View Full Version : Manning = Pennington?

Gutless Drunk
04-03-2012, 10:46 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/18194279/draft-team-needs-denver-broncos

"There's a reason Peyton Manning is in Denver, and it's not only team exec John Elway or head coach John Fox. It's Tim Tebow, the quarterback he displaced.

Let me explain. Tebow made the Broncos an attractive choice because he turned what should have been a 4-12 doormat into a division winner that upset defending AFC champion Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

That told Manning the Broncos aren't that far away ... except they might be. Eliminate those miracle finishes and last-gasp victories, and you're looking at the AFC West's worst ballclub.

Still, Manning will make this team better, with most confident that Denver wins the AFC West. Maybe, but that's only if he is recovered from a significant injury and plays as he did two seasons ago. That's a big if, with nothing certain until play resumes.

QB: The only question here is how healthy Manning is or will be. One coach I trust told me he doesn't have the arm strength yet, comparing it to, oh, say, that of Chad Pennington. Then again, we're over five months from the start of the season. There seems little doubt Manning will improve, that his arm will return and that he will be effective. But he hasn't played in over a year and just turned 36, so you have to wonder: At what level does he play and where, exactly, will he come up short? We're about to find out, and heaven help Denver if Manning is sidelined. Caleb Hanie is the backup.

RB: Willis McGahee wasn't just good last season; he was marvelous, rushing for 1,199 yards, averaging 4.8 yards per carry and shouldering the bulk of the Broncos' top-rated rushing attack. But McGahee turns 31 this season and was winding down at the end of last year, failing to rush for more than 76 yards in five of his final six starts, including the playoffs. Also, he's not a big playmaker. The Broncos still have Knowshon Moreno as a backup, but the guy has missed 12 games over the past two seasons -- including nine last year. As a holdover from the Josh McDaniels era, he wouldn't appear to have much of a future here. Lance Ball and Jeremiah Johnson comprise the rest of the running-back brigade, and we're missing someone significant from last year's rushing attack. Oh, yeah, it's Tim Tebow. Look for the Broncos' running game to suffer without him.

WR: DeMaryius Thomas is a star waiting to happen ... if he can stay healthy. So far he hasn't, having missed parts of his first two seasons. When he's on the field, he's a load. But he could use help, and while Eric Decker is a solid possession receiver with sure hands, he's not much more than a No. 3. Andre Caldwell and Jason Hill are next in line, and connect the dots, people. This is not Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Manning doesn't have the receivers he had in Indianapolis.

TE: Once, there was the expectation that Denver would hire Dallas Clark to join his favorite quarterback. But so far, that hasn't happened, which may tell you how much Clark has declined. He turns 33 this summer and missed 15 games the past two seasons. Instead of reaching for him, Denver chose another Indianapolis tight end, Jacob Tamme, who is younger and healthier. Look for him and fellow newcomer Joel Dreesen to be Manning's favorite short-to-intermediate targets.

OL: Former Indianapolis center Jeff Saturday was expected to follow Manning to Denver too, but he didn't. Instead, he took a deal with Green Bay. So Manning operates behind an offensive line that is strong at left and right tackle, where Ryan Clady and Orlando Franklin operate. The Broncos aren't quite as strong inside, but having Chris Kuper back at guard is critical. He broke his leg and dislocated his ankle late last season, breaking a string of 15 games where the Broncos' offensive line was intact. Protecting Manning is not just important, it's critical -- and his quick release and smarts will help his bodyguards. He knows how to avoid repeated hits, which always makes an offensive line look good.

DL: There is talent on the outside, where Robert Ayers and Elvis Dumervil man the end positions, with Ayers more comfortable as a 4-3 down lineman than a 3-4 outside linebacker. Still, he doesn't have the push you would like to see from an outside pass rusher -- one reason the club re-signed backup Jason Hunter. Brodrick Bunkley, who was a pleasant surprise, will be missed, with the Broncos plugging in Kevin Vickerson and Ty Warren as prospective starters inside. Vickerson is good for rotations but doesn't look like star material, while Ryan McBean and Mitch Unrein provide inside depth. Denver needs help at defensive tackle, and don't be surprised if it makes one an early draft pick.

LB: Despite a thumb injury that forced him to miss a start and handicapped him down the stretch, Von Miller was the league's Defensive Rookie of the Year. And he should have been. The guy was an impact player, explosive in his pass rush and solid in his play -- with former defensive coordinator Dennis Allen moving him around to confuse and confound opponents. But neither Miller nor the Broncos' defense was the same after he was hurt in late November, with turnovers one area where they were deficient. The Broncos wound up finishing tied for 28th in that department, with none in their final three regular-season games. D.J. Williams' limitations in pass coverage were exposed, with special-teams whiz Wesley Woodyard sitting behind him. Joe Mays was re-signed to plug the middle. Mays is solid vs. the run, but look for Nate Irving to push him.

DB: There's an overhaul here, and there should be. The Broncos got torched down the stretch, especially in the playoff loss to New England. In three of their final five games, opponents scored 40 or more points, with quarterbacks picking apart a secondary that had played well until then. Look for three new starters, with Champ Bailey the only returnee. Tracy Porter and Mike Adams joined the Broncos via free agency, while Quinton Carter is being promoted from within. Carter was inconsistent when he played last season, but coaches are high on him and believe he will improve with experience. Chris Harris played well in his role as a nickel back, while safety Rahim Moore must look better than he played as a rookie."

What the heck? What happened to "rocket laser arm" Need to get him on the HGH...are they testing for that yet?

KevinJames
04-03-2012, 10:49 AM
BS

I think I will trust the guys who actually put the money down after actually seeing him throw.

Arm strength is overrated anyway. Peyton is good because of his mind and his pin point accuracy more than anything.

Gutless Drunk
04-03-2012, 10:57 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2G0loI0Jn5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Willynowei
04-03-2012, 10:59 AM
I have no idea what you just posted. who is the chick in your avatar?

Dedhed
04-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Cue Tony and Errand to say that his arm is actually stronger than it was 10 years ago because of the fusion surgery.

theAPAOps5
04-03-2012, 11:01 AM
That scout is clearly a Tebow fan....

NUB
04-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Chad Pennington was still a great QB (when healthy) so arm strength is not a huge deal, the question is whether it is healthy enough to not break down and misfire... I think the article's long list of the team's deficiencies is the bigger issue, really.

rbackfactory80
04-03-2012, 11:07 AM
BS

I think I will trust the guys who actually put the money down after actually seeing him throw.

Arm strength is overrated anyway. Peyton is good because of his mind and his pin point accuracy more than anything.

LOL.

Fox and crew would have paid a billion to get Tebow out of the state of Colorado.

DBroncos4life
04-03-2012, 11:08 AM
LOL.

Fox and crew would have paid a billion to get Tebow out of the state of Colorado.

Lord knows they couldn't get a high draft pick for him or a team to pay the full 5 million for him!!

Peyton's nerve
04-03-2012, 11:09 AM
I'd sell my left nut for some of Tim's stem cells.

Meck77
04-03-2012, 11:14 AM
LOL.

You might just consider becoming a jets fan. Might be easier for you?

vancejohnson82
04-03-2012, 11:14 AM
the worst team in the AFC West??

yea, ok

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-03-2012, 11:15 AM
I would take an average strength arm who has excellent pre snap defensive reads over a strong arm who doesn't even know how to audible.

rbackfactory80
04-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Lord knows they couldn't get a high draft pick for him or a team to pay the full 5 million for him!!

Right. Because the FO was so eager to get rid of Tim they failed to mention the details of the contract. Or maybe it's because the are not very honest in their dealings. Or maybe it's because it really is amateur hour in Dove Valley and they had no idea. Or maybe it's because they didn't value Tim and let everyone in the NFL know it.

I would hardly put those reasons against Tim.

KevinJames
04-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Right. Because the FO was so eager to get rid of Tim they failed to mention the details of the contract. Or maybe it's because the are not very honest in their dealings. Or maybe it's because it really is amateur hour in Dove Valley and they had no idea. Or maybe it's because they didn't value Tim and let everyone in the NFL know it.

Tim is an average football player and a poor QB who must improve so much to even be considered just a top 20 QB.

It was a fun ride but lets be real that **** was so unconventional. Its time to get over it, we got one of the if not the best QB in the NFL.

Gutless Drunk
04-03-2012, 11:20 AM

If Tebow or anyone in a quarterback starved league was perceived as a Franchise QB there would have been a bidding war regardless (see Cutler, Jay)
The free market has spoken.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Tim is an average football player and a poor QB who must improve so much to even be considered just a top 20 QB.

Isnt he a special teams player now?

bendog
04-03-2012, 11:22 AM

Taco's paying you under the table, right?

rbackfactory80
04-03-2012, 11:22 AM
You might just consider becoming a jets fan. Might be easier for you?

Thanks but I already read that post.

Spider 101

TonyR
04-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Cue Tony and Errand to say that his arm is actually stronger than it was 10 years ago because of the fusion surgery.

Stupid post is stupid. And stupid poster is stupid.

Gcver2ver3
04-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Probably a closet charger fan...

Doesnt matter, i stopped reading at the implication of us being strong at the right tackle position...

DBroncos4life
04-03-2012, 11:24 AM

Two other teams read the contract and saw the 5 million dollar part. Its not up to us to help the Jets FO.

Peyton's nerve
04-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Stupid post is stupid. And stupid poster is stupid.

Not necessarily. I mean I was shot this time last year, but the stem cells seem to be working, so if I can just tell the arm and hand muscles to work right, Peyton's arm could be better than 2010.

rbackfactory80
04-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Two other teams read the contract and saw the 5 million dollar part. Its not up to us to help the Jets FO.

It would be funny but highly doubtful that Lawyers misinterpret the language of the contract.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-03-2012, 11:34 AM
It would be funny but highly doubtful that Lawyers misinterpret the language of the contract.

We're talking about the Jets here.

DBroncos4life
04-03-2012, 11:42 AM
We're talking about the Jets here.

The Jags lawyers saw it and the owner decided get would rather have empty seats then pay 5 million and give a pick for Tebow.

broncocalijohn
04-03-2012, 11:47 AM

What a dip**** post this is. So you don't think the Jets go over a player's contract before getting into details with the 2 F.O.s and lawyers? Was the writing in very fine font size that can only be seen with a magnafine glass? Were these magic beans that cook on your stove top faster than the other grit eating world? Oh wait, that last one was for a different reference. Ask Beantown, he will know.

ludo21
04-03-2012, 11:49 AM
this is my worst fear with peyton right now. i really hope our guys saw enough of him throwing to prove he will be ready opening day

cmhargrove
04-03-2012, 11:57 AM
So, there we have it. Brilliant author states Pennington = Manning. Yes, absolutely, why didn't I see it right there in front of me? Dickhead.

Colts with Manning = perennial contender.
Colts without Manning = worst team in football.

The author is exactly right, Pennington will go into the hall of fame as one of the most indispensible QB's in league history. Certainly he will make his comeback and win a superbowl and get multiple NFL MVP awards because he has such an impact on the game. Sheesh.

The Broncos have plenty of holes, but that is another issue altogether. The Broncos just won their division (albeit a weak one), then won a playoff game (granted, against a depleted Steelers defense) but everyone thinks the team has no talent. I see talent all over the roster, we just need more (like every team).

Why dide we do better than so many "good teams" that got bounced from the playoffs early? Atlanta, Green Bay, Detroit...

crowebomber
04-03-2012, 12:00 PM
I stopped reading after: "Eliminate those miracle finishes and last-gasp victories, and you're looking at the AFC West's worst ballclub."

Yeah, eliminate any team's wins and you're looking at last place dipsh!t! I hate any analyst who looks at a win and says "yeah, but."

lostknight
04-03-2012, 12:03 PM
I stopped reading after: "Eliminate those miracle finishes and last-gasp victories, and you're looking at the AFC West's worst ballclub."

Yeah, eliminate any team's wins and you're looking at last place dip****! I hate any analyst who looks at a win and says "yeah, but."

We did that to ourselves. As in , got rid of the reason for the last minute wins, excitement and team chemistry. Manning is a gamble. A huge ass gamble. If this doesn't work out, it will be known as Elways folly and get ugly real fast.

I am skeptical that the manning e see on the field will be the manning of old.

bronco militia
04-03-2012, 12:06 PM
So, there we have it. Brilliant author states Pennington = Manning. Yes, absolutely, why didn't I see it right there in front of me? Dickhead.

The author is exactly right, Pennington will go into the hall of fame as one of the most indispensible QB's in league history. Certainly he will make his comeback and win a superbowl and get multiple NFL MVP awards because he has such an impact on the game. Sheesh.

The Broncos have plenty of holes, but that is another issue altogether. The Broncos just won their division (albeit a weak one), then won a playoff game (granted, against a depleted Steelers defense) but everyone thinks the team has no talent. I see talent all over the roster, we just need more (like every team).

Why dide we do better than so many "good teams" that got bounced from the playoffs early? Atlanta, Green Bay, Detroit...

Hilarious!

I also had 'forgotten' that Pennington was great before his first shoulder injury

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-03-2012, 12:15 PM
We did that to ourselves. As in , got rid of the reason for the last minute wins, excitement and team chemistry. Manning is a gamble. A huge ass gamble. If this doesn't work out, it will be known as Elways folly and get ugly real fast.

I am skeptical that the manning e see on the field will be the manning of old.

Or you could say they got rid of 3 quarters of hell, followed by another teams ability to fold in the 4th quarter(Miami,Chicago,jets come to mind)

Peyton's nerve
04-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Hilarious!

I also had 'forgotten' that Pennington was great before his first shoulder injury

Shades of Brian Griese. Fortunately, they could fix me.

BroncoMan4ever
04-03-2012, 12:25 PM
BS

exactly.

5 teams at one point willing to throw up close to a 100 million on the guy, there is no chance in hell that happens if the guy can't throw the damn ball.

bendog
04-03-2012, 12:36 PM
exactly.

5 teams at one point willing to throw up close to a 100 million on the guy, there is no chance in hell that happens if the guy can't throw the damn ball.

EFX clearly have no idea what they're doing, and they just ripped out the soul of a city.

Swedish Extrovert
04-03-2012, 12:43 PM
BS

Peyton Manning never had a cannon arm. It was above-average strength, but what makes him great is his methodical approach to football - digesting the defense and knowing where the defense and receivers are at all times.

Swedish Extrovert
04-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Manning's got to be licking his chops... two signing bonuses in two years.

Yeah the Colts cut him, but the Broncos come right in and basically offer him a continuation of his contract. He's going to lose about $8million this year compared to what he would have made (18 mil instead of 26 mil) but the guaranteed money is huge and both contracts are similar. He'll end up making quite a bit more if he plays out his whole contract.

Gort
04-03-2012, 01:06 PM

the same group of loudmouth know-it-alls who couldn't enjoy a Broncos win when Tebow was at QB refuse to let it drop. all we get are continuous ad hominems against the kid.

but, you know what?

not a single one of them can point to anything Tebow did during his short time here to deserve the vitriol

- he came in at the end of 2010 and provided the only excitement of the year.
- he came in after a dismal 1-4 start in 2011 and led the team to an AFC division crown, our first playoff appearance in 6 seasons.
- he led us to only our 2nd playoff win since Elway
- he exacted vengeance on the Squeelers in the playoffs, helping make the memory of the 2005 AFCCG not quite so bitter.

in short, he didn't do anything on the field or off the field to deserve the hatred he gets from the same clown posse of Tebow haters who still can't let it go. my advice to them... he's gone. he's a Jet now. we've got bigger problems now, including how to protect a pumpkin-headed QB from catastrophe and how to get a team with an overall lack of talent back to the SB sometime in the next 3 years to make this 5-year $96M contract to the pumpkin-headed QB worthwhile.

LGM
04-03-2012, 01:32 PM

Yeah the Colts cut him, but the Broncos come right in and basically offer him a continuation of his contract. He's going to lose about $8million this year compared to what he would have made (18 mil instead of 26 mil) but the guaranteed money is huge and both contracts are similar. He'll end up making quite a bit more if he plays out his whole contract.

Um, no signing bonus. Sorry. And each season is essentially a one year deal.

No dead money when he's gone.

As for the original premise that Peyton's arm might not be as strong, I say this:

WHO FRIGGIN CARES.

There's no one better at manipulating defenses, reading them pre-snap, and putting players in position to be successful.

He can have the arm strength of Brian Griese, and still do a better job than most qbs.

Jetmeck
04-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Manning goes down we are totally SOL. Wish we would build an all around solid team instead of plugging in a few pieces HOPING its enough to overcome our problems.

rbackfactory80
04-03-2012, 02:48 PM
What a dip**** post this is. So you don't think the Jets go over a player's contract before getting into details with the 2 F.O.s and lawyers? Was the writing in very fine font size that can only be seen with a magnafine glass? Were these magic beans that cook on your stove top faster than the other grit eating world? Oh wait, that last one was for a different reference. Ask Beantown, he will know.

Read the next post I made tool. Stop being an emotional jackass. A stupid one at that.

baja
04-03-2012, 02:51 PM
We got Peyton F'in Manning and still we throw shiit at each other

Has there been an internet wide announcement that this is the place to come if you like being a jerk

razorwire77
04-03-2012, 03:03 PM
NFL: Orange Mane Bronco fan you've just won the Peyton Manning sweepstakes, tell us how you feel.

Orange Mane Bronco Fan: http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2544073.jpg

errand
04-03-2012, 03:32 PM

I don't expect anyone to take my word for anything at all, clown....

I think most intelligent people will do their own research.

I never said Peyton is as strong as ever. I have stated that witnesses who have seen him actually throw a ball have said so....big difference.

I have said that Peyton is a much, much better Qb than Tebow could ever dream of being...that's not a slight against Tebow, it's an accurate statement made by many other fans, analysts, players, and coaches, etc.

Also FYI for the doomsayers....as you clowns keep talking about how Peyton cannot lift this team to great heights...

In 2009 the Colts were one of the worse rushing teams, ranking in bottom 5 if I recall correctly and were ranked very poorly vs. the run on defense finishing in the bottom 5 (defensively ranked 18th overall)...and they won their first 14 games, sat Peyton for the last two weeks and finished 14-2....went onto AFC title and lost SB to Drew Brees and Saints.

Rohirrim
04-03-2012, 03:35 PM
This is the kind of cheesy, weak bull**** that masquerades as sports journalism these days.

Swedish Extrovert
04-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Um, no signing bonus. Sorry. And each season is essentially a one year deal.

No dead money when he's gone.

As for the original premise that Peyton's arm might not be as strong, I say this:

WHO FRIGGIN CARES.

There's no one better at manipulating defenses, reading them pre-snap, and putting players in position to be successful.

He can have the arm strength of Brian Griese, and still do a better job than most qbs.

Um yeah, actually he had a signing bonus with Indy... and I said if he plays out his contract with Denver.

snowspot66
04-03-2012, 03:43 PM

It was a fun ride but lets be real that **** was so unconventional. Its time to get over it, we got one of the if not the best QB in the NFL.

You can knock his QB play but the guy is a great football player. We really should have kept him. He's a dangerous weapon in the red zone.

errand
04-03-2012, 03:48 PM
exactly.

Exactly....what are the odds that Seattle, Tennessee, Denver, Miami, SF are all that ignorant to pursue a guy that they had no idea could throw well or not?

It's gonna be laughable watching these clown doomsayers trying to climb back onto the Bronco bandwagon mid season when we're a strong contender......

Premier-Ace55
04-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Tennesee and San Francisco both have QB's there is no reason that they would be "all in" and willing to spend that type of money if they didn't think that Peyton has an arm. Jim Harbaugh worked him out his self. The broncos brought their doctor. I think he will be fine. Eric Decker had no complaints and if he did now would be the time while he is recovering. Even if it is not what it used to be we'll be fine. If he just has average arm strength he could be an mvp caliber player. Look at Andy Dalton he has average arm strength and he is no where near the football mind as peyton.

Arkie
04-03-2012, 04:08 PM
the worst team in the AFC West??

yea, ok

Actually, the Broncos were the worst team in the NFL during the last 31 games before Tebow started.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-03-2012, 04:24 PM

This was confusing to some since you said he got 2 bonuses in 2 years. There was no bonus for 2012s broncos contract. And he didn't recieve the bonus money from the colts. Resulting in none. Both contract are not similar since after this year the money only kicks in if he's healthy in 2013. Colts contract had none of that.

TonyR
04-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Tennesee and San Francisco both have QB's there is no reason that they would be "all in" and willing to spend that type of money if they didn't think that Peyton has an arm. Jim Harbaugh worked him out his self. The broncos brought their doctor. I think he will be fine. Eric Decker had no complaints and if he did now would be the time while he is recovering. Even if it is not what it used to be we'll be fine. If he just has average arm strength he could be an mvp caliber player.

^ Yup, pretty much this. But Dedhed and Galt want to cry about Tebow being gone so we should let them get it out of their systems so hopefully we won't have to listen to therm whine all season.

Gort
04-03-2012, 04:43 PM
^ Yup, pretty much this. But Dedhed and Galt want to cry about Tebow being gone so we should let them get it out of their systems so hopefully we won't have to listen to therm whine all season.

i'm not crying about it. it's done. he's gone. this franchise has turned the page. i didn't agree with it, but i'm over it.

what i'm sick of is the constant BS coming from guys like you and Errand and a half dozen others WHO CAN'T GET OVER IT. without Tebow to kick around, you have nothing to post. you're a bunch of 1-trick ponies. we get it. you hate Tebow. YOU REALLY REALLY HATE TEBOW. so now what? we've already read every possible diatribe that can possibly be written about Tebow. it's boring now. he's gone. whatcha got to talk about that's actually relevant to the 2012 Broncos at this point?

dazzle me with something other than... "derp. derp. Tebow sux. derp."

TonyR
04-03-2012, 04:52 PM
what i'm sick of is the constant BS coming from guys like you and Errand and a half dozen others WHO CAN'T GET OVER IT. without Tebow to kick around, you have nothing to post. you're a bunch of 1-trick ponies. we get it. you hate Tebow. YOU REALLY REALLY HATE TEBOW. so now what? we've already read every possible diatribe that can possibly be written about Tebow. it's boring now. he's gone. whatcha got to talk about that's actually relevant to the 2012 Broncos at this point?

A few things...
1) I don't hate Tebow. In fact I really like the guy. But I'm not sold on him being an NFL QB and I'm thrilled the Broncos got Peyton Manning.
2) You're clearly not over it.
3) I challenge you to go research my last 20 or so posts and compare it to your last 20 or so posts and see who's contributing more Broncos relevant infomation to this forum on a regular basis.

errand
04-03-2012, 05:31 PM
i'm not crying about it. it's done. he's gone. this franchise has turned the page. i didn't agree with it, but i'm over it.

dazzle me with something other than... "derp. derp. Tebow sux. derp."

I guess you haven't noticed the titles of these threads and who is starting them have you?

Hopefully you'll become a Jet's fan or get over your butt hurt soon.....

errand
04-03-2012, 05:32 PM
A few things...
1) I don't hate Tebow. In fact I really like the guy. But I'm not sold on him being an NFL QB and I'm thrilled the Broncos got Peyton Manning.
2) You're clearly not over it.
3) I challenge you to go research my last 20 or so posts and compare it to your last 20 or so posts and see who's contributing more Broncos relevant infomation to this forum on a regular basis.

TonyR shooting bullseyes from the prone position, while WhoisJohnGalt keeps putting up maggie's drawers from the offhand position

Turd_Ferguson
04-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Once Manning regains his arm strength maybe he will be as good as 15.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d8zl7f_P9h0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d8zl7f_P9h0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Gutless Drunk
04-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Gutless Drunk = Bob

Nope...no troll here. I just found the juxtaposition of "Pennington Arm Strength" with the long running "Rocket Laser Arm" to be amusing. Hence the follow up post of said "Rocket Laser Arm" It was, after all, just a snippet in the article.
For the record I'm a big Manning fan and also for the record you all need to:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C6cxNR9ML8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

barryr
04-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Actually, the Broncos were the worst team in the NFL during the last 31 games before Tebow started.

This seems forgotten by many. This is a big reason why the Broncos need much more talent, since teams tend not to overachieve 2 years in a row and most believe this years schedule is pretty tough.

EmpireOrange
04-04-2012, 05:12 AM
Manning has at least 5 more seasons left. That's a life time in the NFL. Pennington, plaheez... See, the problem with sports media types is that they have no imagination and couldn't scout a turd out of thier own arses. Manning is "fraile" now because they haven't seen him play in a year. Like brady when he came back from his year off, he was "mental" in the pocket and would never be the same. Its all bs. After game week 3, every jocksniffer out there will be crowning the Broncos as the greatest show on grass. Its all bs with these guys. The good thing for Broncos fans is that the Broncos are contenders again. The real worry now, however, is Manning's record in playoffs and vs. the Chargers. His health or abililty to be Peyton Manning is no concern.

CEH
04-04-2012, 09:03 AM
So Plummer was here for 4 years, Tebow for 2, Orton for 2 , Cutler for 3 years. Why is everyone so concerned about the 3-4 years for Manning.

Has a HC ever drafted a QB in the first round and never was around to see him play any significant snaps.

Point is we really can't predict the future. I think the future is now if you have a shot at a HOF QB

Bacchus
04-04-2012, 11:22 AM
So Plummer was here for 4 years, Tebow for 2, Orton for 2 , Cutler for 3 years. Why is everyone so concerned about the 3-4 years for Manning.

Has a HC ever drafted a QB in the first round and never was around to see him play any significant snaps.

Point is we really can't predict the future. I think the future is now if you have a shot at a HOF QB

Wow, great post!

Dedhed
04-04-2012, 12:08 PM

Me thinks we here have a man in need of gaining skill in reading comprehension.

fontaine
04-04-2012, 12:44 PM
The article is a perfect example of a one sided argument purely based on some stats (like number of starts, missed games) and a selective quote.

The offense doesn't play in isolation. For example how do defenses prepare/game plan for our offense without having any film to see how Decker/DT work with Manning? Are they going to run the same kind of receiving patterns from the Colts offense or will it be more back shoulder passes that have become the norm in the last two years?

It took defenses weeks to get used to and start countering a very simplistic zone read/option type of offense with Tebow for just that reason of not having enough tendencies/film to study.

And the dumbest part of the article is referencing DT/Decker not being like Harrison/Wayne, while leaving out the fact that Manning has turned other no name WRs to gold like Garcon, Gonzalez, etc. How much better can that combo be when they're two of the biggest/most physical starting pair in the league.

bendog
04-04-2012, 12:47 PM
The article is a perfect example of a one sided argument purely based on some stats (like number of starts, missed games) and a selective quote.

The offense doesn't play in isolation. For example how do defense prepare/game plan for our offense without having any film to see how Decker/DT work with Manning? Are they going to run the same kind of receiving patterns from the Colts offense or will it be more back shoulder passes that have become the norm in the last two year?

It took defenses weeks to get used to and start countering a very simplistic zone read/option type of offense with Tebow for just that reason of not having enough tendencies/film to study.

And the dumbest part of the article is referencing DT/Decker not being like Harrison/Wayne, whilie leaving out the fact that Manning has turned other no name WRs to gold like Garcon, Gonzalez, etc. How much better can that combo be when they're two of the biggest/most physical starting pair in the league.

This, and I don't think it's a coincidence EFX added two pass catching TE's, and only one WR, who cost a fraction of the other two. Teams had to play Peyton in basically a nickle base, and it seems pretty obvious EFX are looking at punking some safeties and running the ball.

Cito Pelon
04-04-2012, 04:00 PM
I've seen a few references that Peyton's arm at this point is about like Chad Pennington's. I hope his arm gets stronger, because this is Denver, he'll play outdoors 16 games a year. There's this thing called wind, something Peyton never dealt with indoors at Indy compiling those nice regular season records.

Requiem
04-04-2012, 04:59 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxqfJwB71qhisruo1_500.gif

DBroncos4life
04-04-2012, 05:04 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxqfJwB71qhisruo1_500.gif

You're gif'ing the **** out of things today! Snoop dog is pimping there lol.

Arkie
04-04-2012, 08:05 PM

$100 million for 3 years sounds good to me. ;)

Dedhed
04-04-2012, 08:16 PM
TonyR shooting brownstars from the prone position,

Fixed.

errand
04-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Fixed.

Shouldn't you be on a Jets board....or a ledge?

Cito Pelon
04-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Shouldn't you be on a Jets board....or a ledge?

This "shouldn't you be on a Jets board" line is pretty weak.

Dedhed
04-04-2012, 09:34 PM
This "shouldn't you be on a Jets board" line is pretty weak.
Shhh...what you call weak I call comedy. I love watching Errand and Tony imagine they're witty and wise.

ZONA
04-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison we don't have, that's true. But I'm sorry, alot of what those guys did was because Manning was so damn good. When the ball is delivered with pin point accuracy, you're really only asking your WR's to make basic catches for the most part. Not like they have to make dazzling catches and break tackles every other play for the offense to move down the field. I think we're good at WR for now, with who we have and who we signed. Let's get some defense and a RB and roll !!!

cmhargrove
04-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Me thinks we here have a man in need of gaining skill in reading comprehension.

I get your point, but the quote was defenitely a jab with inference to an inferior QB (coming off a shoulder injury).

I'm allowed to over-react, its the interwebz.