PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Royal the next Sproles?

Black96WS6
04-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Amongst all the PM talk, thought it would be good to check in on a familiar face:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/apr/01/royal-finds-home-chargers/

Some interesting quotes:

The Chargers have big plans for Royal...

Royal said he doesn't “want to give away too much,” but before signing his three-year contract last month, Turner pitched his plan for Royal in San Diego's vertical offense...

“I'm really excited about Eddie Royal because we haven't had that guy,” Turner said. “I think that's affected (tight end Antonio) Gates. People have been able to concentrate and double (team) Gates. Now, if they try to do that, you've got Eddie Royal on the slot. You've got Robert Meachem outside. We'll have better balance.”...

“Of course, I could have been comfortable at home and playing for a coach that I played for before,” Royal said in a phone interview from Arlington, Va. “At the end of the day, I had to make the right decision for me.

“It wasn't about being comfortable. It wasn't about playing at home. It was about the best decision for me as a football player and my career. I think I made that decision.”

I wonder what they said to him? Maybe something along the lines of... "We're going to line you up all over the field to find the best mismatches, and you'll be in on most 3rd downs..."

?

Captain 'Dre
04-02-2012, 09:20 AM
If Eddie stays healthy, he could have a big impact in the Chargers' offense and, of course, as a punt returner.

He obviously has a great deal of respect for Philip Rivers, and cites him as a major reason for signing with San Diego.

Rohirrim
04-02-2012, 09:20 AM
They said, "In a week the Broncos sign Peyton Manning, dumbass."

razorwire77
04-02-2012, 09:21 AM
We'll see. Eddie's a good kid, and a decent returner, but he's never demonstrated the type of consistent play-making in space that Sproles has shown since the Kansas St. days. Aside from an occasional return here, or a decent bubble screen move there, he really hasn't down much of anything in four years.

Captain 'Dre
04-02-2012, 09:22 AM
They said, "In a week the Broncos sign Peyton Manning, dumbass."

Do you think that maybe the Cutler and Tebow debacles had anything to do with Eddie deciding to leave?

Rohirrim
04-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Do you think that maybe the Cutler and Tebow debacles had anything to do with Eddie deciding to leave?

Sure. He got misused here and probably got sick of the drama. He sure as well wasn't going to get any chances with Tebow back there. But if he hangs on another week or so for the FA rush to settle, he stays here and Peyton makes him a star. Too bad. I think he jumped the gun.

ludo21
04-02-2012, 09:29 AM
we were not very creative with him here

Dedhed
The difference I see is that Sproles was good before he went to the Saints.

TonyR
I can't believe you left out his parting shot at Tebow:

..."it means a lot to have a [quarterback] you know exactly what you're getting week in and week out."

DENVERDUI55
Eddie hurt his hamstring signing the contract.

Captain 'Dre
04-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Sure. He got misused here and probably got sick of the drama. He sure as well wasn't going to get any chances with Tebow back there. But if he hangs on another week or so for the FA rush to settle, he stays here and Peyton makes him a star. Too bad. I think he jumped the gun.

I'm aware that the Redskins pursued him, and according to the article, a total of 8 teams expressed an interest. It doesn't say that the Broncos made a play to retain him, though, so it makes me wonder...

Bronco Rob
04-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Darren Sproles...the one that gotta away...

Instead of taking him the 4th...

Shanahan trades UP in the 3rd to snag Maurice Clarett...

It still gives me nightmares to this day.

I wish Eddie all the best and hope that the Chargers use him wisely, except when we play them twice a year.

Captain 'Dre
04-02-2012, 09:33 AM
I can't believe you left out his parting shot at Tebow:

..."it means a lot to have a [quarterback] you know exactly what you're getting week in and week out."

I'm sure Eddie knew exactly what he was getting "week in and week out" with Tim Tebow: no passes thrown his way. Ha!

bendog
04-02-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm sure Eddie knew exactly what he was getting "week in and week out" with Tim Tebow: no passes thrown his way. Ha!

I wish Eddie (and Tim) well. But, I think the broncos upgraded the recieving and qb corp. (Caleb Henne? really?) Royal could have put up some big numbers here, but cap wise he just didn't fit.

And I think EFX is looking to run a lot of two TE sets, because while they want Manning to spread the ball around horizontally, they still want to run and even more importantly avoid the three and outs they had last year.

TonyR
04-02-2012, 09:38 AM

And then to think about who he passed up to take Royal... (DeSean Jackson)

gyldenlove
04-02-2012, 09:39 AM
“I'm really excited about Eddie Royal because we haven't had that guy,” Turner said. “I think that's affected (tight end Antonio) Gates. People have been able to concentrate and double (team) Gates. Now, if they try to do that, you've got Eddie Royal on the slot. You've got Robert Meachem outside. We'll have better balance.”...

Gates hasn't been double teamed in 2 years. In the last 2 years people have focused on taking away Floyd and Jackson more than anything. Gates is a lot slower now than he used to be and can more often than not be covered well by a linebacker. Unless something changes dramatically Meachum will get double covered some.

TonyR
04-02-2012, 09:39 AM

LOL Yup. Although he didn't exactly light it up with Orton the year before.

cmhargrove
04-02-2012, 09:53 AM
I love Eddie and think he can have a productive career with the Chargers, but calling him a Sproles is a little over the top. Sproles can juke the NFL's best tacklers in the open field and gets great yards after contact. His pass routes are usually sitting in zone coverage against linebackers which is a huge mismatch.

Eddie just doesn't bring all those things.

Rivers should be able to turn Eddie into a really nice possession receiver, but I don't see him becoming an instant gamebreaker.

bendog
04-02-2012, 09:56 AM
I love Eddie and think he can have a productive career with the Chargers, but calling him a Sproles is a little over the top. Sproles can juke the NFL's best tacklers in the open field and gets great yards after contact. His pass routes are usually sitting in zone coverage against linebackers which is a huge mismatch.

Eddie just doesn't bring all those things.

Rivers should be able to turn Eddie into a really nice possession receiver, but I don't see him becoming an instant gamebreaker.

Sproles proved to be a lot tougher runner than I thought he was. Payton commented on this a lot, and expanded the guy's role even to short yardage. I wondered if the Bolts were going to try and use Royal in some gimmick type run plays.

jutang
04-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Eddie would have seemed to fit the Manning offense really well. He runs very precise routes and would seem to fit really well with timing patterns.

In retrospect, I wonder if he would have stayed in Denver if he knew Manning was coming here instead of being in a read option offense?

Kaylore
04-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Eddie can't hold Sproles jock. They aren't close to the same player. He's a tentative return man he hasn't made a big play for us in forever. Once in a blue moon he would have a big game and the disappear for the rest of the season. Good luck with that, Charger fans.

maher_tyler
04-02-2012, 10:18 AM
We'll see. Eddie's a good kid, and a decent returner, but he's never demonstrated the type of consistent play-making in space that Sproles has shown since the Kansas St. days. Aside from an occasional return here, or a decent bubble screen move there, he really hasn't down much of anything in four years.

Other than Cutler he's had below average QB's throwing him the ball. I bet he has his best year since his rookie season this up coming year.

bendog
04-02-2012, 10:24 AM
I don't really see him as that much of an upgrade to Caldwell who is cheaper.

But I wish him the best.

Chris
04-02-2012, 10:25 AM
http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/2/3/7/6/3/1/5/Turd-52594199191.png

yerner
04-02-2012, 10:25 AM
With Meacham and Royal, the Chargers added some interesting weapons for Rivers. Seems to me a classic under the radar team that has been underachieving for so long its been written off prematurely.

baja
04-02-2012, 10:29 AM
we were not very creative with him here

That might have been more of a function of Tebow's need to improve his ability to read defenses.

Bronco Rob
04-02-2012, 10:33 AM
And then to think about who he passed up to take Royal... (DeSean Jackson)

The nightmare continues!

baja
04-02-2012, 10:34 AM

I wish Eddie all the best and hope that the Chargers use him wisely, except when we play them twice a year.

Bottom line if the Broncos don't start drafting better we will never be an elite team. I know that is stating the obvious but there is no other way. Last year was a good start.

broncos-rock
04-02-2012, 10:36 AM
I liked Eddie but dude could not stay healthy and had some drop issues! He signed with the enemy and I'm no longer a fan. I hope Von or somebody blows him up and the whole team taunts him!!!!

DENVERDUI55
04-02-2012, 10:40 AM
For every Eddie Royal talent there are guys that produce a lot more with a lot less. Blair White, Austin Collie, Stokely, Kevin Curtis, Wes Welker, Eddie Mac, Rod Smith. Good riddance Manning would of made him look good for his 5 games he would of played in this year.

jonny1
04-02-2012, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=Bronco Rob;3547155]Darren Sproles...the one that gotta away...

QUOTE]

Incorrect.

Clarett was taken with the last compensation pick in the third round, a pick you can't trade.

I believe that pick was Shanahan doing a favor for Bobby Turner, who thought he could make Clarett into a pro player.

maher_tyler
04-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Bottom line if the Broncos don't start drafting better we will never be an elite team. I know that is stating the obvious but there is no other way. Last year was a good start.

We had some good drafts..but we traded it all away when McDip**** took over!

lolcopter
04-02-2012, 11:03 AM
No freakin way. Sproles is 10x the weapon that Eddie is

bendog
04-02-2012, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=Bronco Rob;3547155]Darren Sproles...the one that gotta away...

QUOTE]

Incorrect.

Clarett was taken with the last compensation pick in the third round, a pick you can't trade.

I believe that pick was Shanahan doing a favor for Bobby Turner, who thought he could make Clarett into a pro player.

yeah, they took a running back every year. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. That one sticks in every shanny-disser's craw. Although, when Bad Wine ran at the combine he was FAT. I couldn't see that. Anderson, TD, Gary ... all latter round guys with question marks. I never had a problem with them throwing a pick at the position, and while no one really had an inkling Bad Wine was mentally ill, in addition to a jerk, showing up so out of shape sort of raised huge motivational issue flags. I never saw the pick, though had Bad Wine wanted to have a career, he had the talent.

Shanny took Sonic in the second, but the guy had serious first round talent to go with some questionable decision making issues. I think Tater Bell was a second rounder too. But the Turner/Shanny mode was they'd get 1000plus yards out of guys taken 4-7 ... and you can't argue that they didn't get it done.

Shanny's main problem was even in the latter years, after 2004 when he finally got it with depth of draft, he'd draft for position rather than talent. The dreaded one year plan. 2007 was just a clusterfk, as everyone on the board was going before Den got a shot. But as bad as it was 3 of the 4 picks were playing last year. Only one for Den, though, and that is the Shanny story right there.

It's interesting that EFX really didn't throw money at the DT position. They wanted Bunkley, but not for 9 million guaranteed. They must like the guys availabe in the draft, and there are always some fatties floating around.

NFLBRONCO
04-02-2012, 11:19 AM
I think Eddie is going to surprise people with a real QB. I wish he would have stayed esp now with Manning. Remember he had Orton and Tebow throwing to him. I think SD will maximize his skillset better then we did.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-02-2012, 11:21 AM
I loled. Sproles >>>>>>> Royal.

Houshyamama
04-02-2012, 11:23 AM
He'll be a good return man for them.

As a receiver? My guess is 31 rec / 423 yds

NFLBRONCO
04-02-2012, 11:32 AM
I loled. Sproles >>>>>>> Royal.

While I agree with this part Sproles is better. I do think SD's style of O Royal could be almost as good. I thought Royal out of the backfield showed promise but, it was obvious both parties wanted to move on. I felt Royal checked out 2 seasons ago.

BroncoMan4ever
04-02-2012, 11:36 AM
If Eddie stays healthy, he could have a big impact in the Chargers' offense and, of course, as a punt returner.

He obviously has a great deal of respect for Philip Rivers, and cites him as a major reason for signing with San Diego.

honestly, if he is a centerpiece on that offense, i doubt he is used as a return man all that much.

bendog
04-02-2012, 11:38 AM
While I agree with this part Sproles is better. I do think SD's style of O Royal could be almost as good. I thought Royal out of the backfield showed promise but, it was obvious both parties wanted to move on. I felt Royal checked out 2 seasons ago.

Yeah, this is sorta where my questioning was going. Sproles can pick up a blitzing linebacker. He's small, but he'll put his helmet in there. Royal is not gonna be able to do that. So, he can't be in a one back offense ... unless there are two tight ends. If they did, Defenses would dial up pass blitz to get hits of Rivers.

broncosteven
04-02-2012, 11:42 AM

Shanny didn't "Trade up" to get Clarett, he used a comp pick, which cannot be traded, to sign Clarett on a gamble that his upside would outweigh his downside and because Bobby Turner vouched for him.

Get your facts straight.

broncosteven
04-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Eddie can't hold Sproles jock. They aren't close to the same player. He's a tentative return man he hasn't made a big play for us in forever. Once in a blue moon he would have a big game and the disappear for the rest of the season. Good luck with that, Charger fans.

I agree, he was not consistent and when he did get called on he hosed up. He reminds me of Tuffy Rhodes, the dude hit 3 HR's for the cub in the 1st game of the season and then fell off into obscurity.

I wanted to like Eddy but he never did enough to justify keeping him around.

Captain 'Dre
04-02-2012, 12:42 PM

Of course they're different. One's a RB, the other's a receiver.

It figures there will be some overlap in how the Chargers use Royal, but it's ridiculous for anyone to contend that Royal "is another Sproles".

Pony Boy
04-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Eddie Royal the next Sproles?

April fools was yesterday but still funny...... Hilarious!

BroncoBen
04-02-2012, 01:09 PM

I agree... when Eddie was drafted he was selected over Eagles DeShawn Jackson because Jackson had 'character' issues. Well when you compare the two.. there is no comparison.. Jackson is the better player. Bad draft choice.

Orange_Beard
04-02-2012, 01:10 PM

Amen.

Vincent Jackson > Royal & Meachump

campocorto
04-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Royal kind of scares me. Even after his 90 catch year, he was deciding factor in some of our critical division wins ('09 at San Diego, '11 at Oakland).

If he makes a couple big plays in a game and gets you one W a year, he's worth the $6 million in guarantees he is getting.

bendog
04-02-2012, 01:14 PM
I never bought the "character issue." Shanny had Travis "condom?" Henry. Shanny was fined for taking up for Henry after one pot test, which was later thrown out. Henry restructured for 2008, but then tested positive again after the draft.

The broncos needed a wr to pair with BM.

Was it a case of drafting for need rather than talent? I dunno.

campocorto
04-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Even stiffs like Quitterson and Lelie made significant contributions in wins against us. Royal is an All-Pro compared to those bums. I just have a bad feeling he is going to burn us at least one time.

Requiem
04-02-2012, 01:20 PM

He didn't trade up. Stop lying.

We used our compensatory selection on Clarrett when Barber III would have rocked for us.

ZONA
04-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Sproles had better speed then Royal, that's the difference between the two. Royal probably has better hands but Sproles has the better feet and burst.

DENVERDUI55
04-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Sproles had better speed then Royal, that's the difference between the two. Royal probably has better hands but Sproles has the better feet and burst.

They also play different positions too.

lolcopter
04-02-2012, 02:38 PM
They also play different positions too.

Yeah, one is a football player and the other is a turd

Sproles had 86 receptions in 2011. Royal... 19

(blah blah tebow run first etc etc etc)

broncswin
04-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Don't know if its been mentiion...we didn't trade up into the third to get clarret

boltaneer
04-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Gates hasn't been double teamed in 2 years. In the last 2 years people have focused on taking away Floyd and Jackson more than anything. Gates is a lot slower now than he used to be and can more often than not be covered well by a linebacker. Unless something changes dramatically Meachum will get double covered some.

You sure about that?

Not saying that he's the gates of 3-4 years ago but methinks you need to watch more Charger games.

There's no way Royal is going to be the centerpiece of this offense. There are still too many weapons on the offensive side of the ball for that to happen.

I see him making a big impact in the return game. The Chargers have had turds out there returning punts since Sproles left. I can see him being an Eric Parker type of go to guy on third downs and maybe some creative plays but he obviously has more talent than Parker.

It's funny about the Saints. They are using Sproles even better than Norv did here but they couldn't figure out how to use Reggie Bush and he looked very impressive in Miami last year, with a crap QB, a very inconsistent Brandon Marshall and nothing else. Sometimes it's just all about the perfect fit and that's why I still say people are really sleeping on Meachem. I think he could very well shock some people this year.

BroncoBeavis
04-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Yeah, one is a football player and the other is a turd

Sproles had 86 receptions in 2011. Royal... 19

(blah blah tebow run first etc etc etc)

I think most people were pretty surprised by Sproles' breakout in NO though.

UberBroncoMan
04-02-2012, 04:23 PM
We'll regret losing him. Mark my words. The guy has great work ethic and the Chargers will use him properly. He would have excelled here. Problem is though that Manning turns WR's into studs so we probably wanted to use that cap room elsewhere or something. Hence the much cheaper signing of Bubba.

lolcopter
04-02-2012, 04:50 PM
I think most people were pretty surprised by Sproles' breakout in NO though.

not if you've seen him play the past 3 seasons. it was a perfect fit

cutthemdown
04-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Problem is Eddie Royal doesn't play well in the slot. His best yrs he played outside at the number 2 wr. He just isn't wes welker and Chargers are kidding themselves if they think Royal a slot WR. He looks like one, but isn't.

ColoradoDarin
04-02-2012, 05:28 PM
I hope no one snags royalnextsproles before I have a chance to lock it up :rollseyes:

Royal didn't do squat while Kyle Orton was busy losing a bunch of games through the air for us, he's not going to be the 1-4 target of Rivers either. He's there to return punts (didn't he bring 2 to the house against the Chargers? Maybe that's all they remember) and maybe catch about 2 passes per game at the most.

cutthemdown
04-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Hard to say how Meachum will do. Did he look good in NO because the offense so potent? or were his numbers only avg because there are so many weapons and they had to spread ball around. If its number 2 then he goes off in SD. If it's number 1 then probably not.

Brees is basically like Manning in that he gets all the WR the ball and really no one except maybe Colston ever gets doubled.

ColoradoDarin
04-04-2012, 07:05 AM
And then the Chargers go out and sign Roscoe Parrish, basically he's Eddie Royal Sr. Is that for when the inevitable happens (one gets injured) they have the exact same player ready to catch 1-2 passes per game and play special teams?

Bronco Rob
04-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Don't know if its been mentiion...we didn't trade up into the third to get clarret

http://broncotalk.net/2012/04/33271/denver-broncos/flogging-the-deceased-equine-maurice-clarett-edition/

Kaylore
04-04-2012, 07:11 AM
And then the Chargers go out and sign Roscoe Parrish, basically he's Eddie Royal Sr. Is that for when the inevitable happens (one gets injured) they have the exact same player ready to catch 1-2 passes per game and play special teams?

Yeah Roscoe is a true return man. That was interesting to me as well.

Bronco Rob
04-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Shanny didn't "Trade up" to get Clarett, he used a comp pick, which cannot be traded, to sign Clarett on a gamble that his upside would outweigh his downside and because Bobby Turner vouched for him.

Get your facts straight.

You missed the point....

What round did Sproles go in Mel Kiper jr.?

:thumbs:

TonyR
04-04-2012, 10:08 AM
...the Saints...couldn't figure out how to use Reggie Bush and he looked very impressive in Miami last year...

Bush had more receptions, and more rec yards, in his first 4 years in NO than he did in Miami last year. The Dolphins just used him in the running game more than NO did primarily because they didn't have the other quality backs like the Saints did to take carries from him. His biggest problem in NO was staying healthy, something he was a little more successful at in Miami this past season.

Beantown Bronco
04-04-2012, 10:25 AM
I think Eddie is going to surprise people with a real QB. I wish he would have stayed esp now with Manning. Remember he had Orton and Tebow throwing to him. I think SD will maximize his skillset better then we did.

Ummmm, he started sucking under Cutler. And no other WRs seemed to have a problem having career years under Orton.

Beantown Bronco
04-04-2012, 10:28 AM
If he makes a couple big plays in a game and gets you one W a year, he's worth the $6 million in guarantees he is getting.

I hope this is a joke.

boltaneer
04-04-2012, 12:01 PM

It's a one year deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the team.

Gort
04-04-2012, 12:05 PM
It's a one year deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the team.

who cares about your roster?

i'm still laughing that Norv survived the season and is STILL your coach.

Hilarious!

Cito Pelon
04-04-2012, 05:54 PM

I seriously doubt it. Royal has no moves, isn't an open-field YAC guy, isn't a broken-field guy either, hears footsteps when his back is to the DB's, struggles to get off the LOS when outside, has no burst to the ball when thrown long to him. Apparently, Shanny wanted him but wasn't going to use him at WR too much.

400HZ
04-04-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm excited to see him. We've had serious problems on 3rd and ~5's the last couple years since Gates started slowing down. Jackson and Floyd suck(ed) on short routes so it seemed like we were always making a lower percentage throw down the field because no one could get separation on a short out or drag or whatever. I think Royal will make an impact on those. Also, we just flat needed depth because Floyd is injury prone and Brown is unproven.

My prediction for Royal is about 35 for 450 with a lot of first downs. Given his cheap contract I'd be perfectly happy with that.

cutthemdown
04-05-2012, 02:33 AM
I'm excited to see him. We've had serious problems on 3rd and ~5's the last couple years since Gates started slowing down. Jackson and Floyd suck(ed) on short routes so it seemed like we were always making a lower percentage throw down the field because no one could get separation on a short out or drag or whatever. I think Royal will make an impact on those. Also, we just flat needed depth because Floyd is injury prone and Brown is unproven.

My prediction for Royal is about 35 for 450 with a lot of first downs. Given his cheap contract I'd be perfectly happy with that.

Royal isn't that type of WR IMO. You want him to be a 3rd down work underneath type wr? from the slot? good luck with that.

Royal better outside then he is in the slot. Haven't? people watched him play? you may think slot WR because he's sort of small, but he is more comfortable outside.

TonyR
04-05-2012, 06:57 AM
...The Chargers continue to collect diminutive receivers/returners (pissants) ala Mouse Davis and Tiger Ellison's run-and-shoot offense of the 1960s.

Having already signed our old friend Eddie Royal, who measures 5-10, San Diego on Tuesday added Roscoe Parrish, who is listed as being an inch shorter than Eddie. Yesterday, the team signed 5-11 wideout/returner Michael Spurlock, formerly of the Bucs. Incumbent returner Richard Goodman, who is also a wide receiver, towers over the rest at 6-0.

Early in free agency, the team replaced the 6-5 Vincent Jackson with the 6-2 Robert Meachem, and while that's a downgrade in height, there aren't that many receivers out there with VJ's stature. The team also let the 6-0 WR Bryan Walters move on to San Diego.

Of course, Davis made mighty-mite wideouts the focus of his offense because he couldn't procure bigger/better talent while coaching high school football in Oregon. So what's San Diego's excuse?

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/the-daily-lard-4-5-12

TheChamp24
04-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Why in God's name do people say taking Clarett was one of the biggest draft blunders of all time.
A late 3rd round pick, a comp pick, for a guy who had the talent to be a top 10 RB in the NFL. He was an idiot with character issues, but the talent was there.

Royal, I loved him his rookie year. He was awesome. Then he barely did anything receiving, had some good flashes in the return game but mostly nonexistent.

400HZ
04-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Royal isn't that type of WR IMO. You want him to be a 3rd down work underneath type wr? from the slot? good luck with that.

Royal better outside then he is in the slot. Haven't? people watched him play? you may think slot WR because he's sort of small, but he is more comfortable outside.

I disagree, and believe it or not I watch just about every Broncos game. Where Royal lines up isn't the point. He is quick enough to get separation in short spaces, something that our other wide outs haven't been real good at. Terrible, actually. Having a guy besides Gates who can get open on a 7 yard route is going to be a new dimension to the Chargers offense, weird as that sounds.

Not that going down field is a bad thing, but its not always what you want to do. Especially now, with Peyton Manning in the division. It will be nice to have some longer and more methodical drives.

Gort
04-05-2012, 08:21 AM
blah. blah. blah. whine. moan. complain. blah. blah. blah.

http://www.davepridgen.com/wp-content/plugins/rss-poster/cache/15b2e_norv-turner1.jpg

Black96WS6
04-05-2012, 10:42 AM
http://www.davepridgen.com/wp-content/plugins/rss-poster/cache/15b2e_norv-turner1.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gDgdutjALd4/R4qMw6Czu7I/AAAAAAAAAJE/PJL9avk3ig0/s400/060103norv_turner.jpg

400HZ
04-05-2012, 02:21 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gDgdutjALd4/R4qMw6Czu7I/AAAAAAAAAJE/PJL9avk3ig0/s400/060103norv_turner.jpg

http://www.nies.ch/sky/moon/MoonCrater.jpg

DENVERDUI55
04-05-2012, 03:08 PM
How Norv keeps his job now and keeps getting hc gigs is beyond me. He must be able to sell ice to an Eskimo.

boltaneer
04-05-2012, 11:31 PM
How Norv keeps his job now and keeps getting hc gigs is beyond me. He must be able to sell ice to an Eskimo.

Dean Spanos is just too chicken to make bold moves.

Let's just play it safe with good ol' milktoast Norv...

cutthemdown
04-06-2012, 04:40 AM
Dean Spanos is just too chicken to make bold moves.

Let's just play it safe with good ol' milktoast Norv...

The bold move would be sell the team to Anschutz, move to LA to a new stadium, say goodbye to the Spanos owned Chargers.

boltaneer
04-06-2012, 12:17 PM
The bold move would be sell the team to Anschutz, move to LA to a new stadium, say goodbye to the Spanos owned Chargers.

Yes, that would be the boldest and stupidest move of all.

Didn't you hear Anschutz wants to buy whatever team is moving for pennies on the dollar?

That LA stadium deal is all but dead.