PDA

View Full Version : (April Fools) Manning's contract - if not resolved Manning could be free agent again.

baja
04-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Major language issue with Manning's contract - if not resolved Manning could be free agent again.

Lawyers for Manning have discovered a loop hole in his contract, if he does not winn every home game this season his next years contract becomes non guaranteed. Another issue is the wording that he must be able to throw the football 80 yards flat footed by April 1, 2012. That's today

bowtown
04-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Link?

Requiem
04-01-2012, 08:12 AM
If you want to pull off an April Fool's joke, at least spell **** right.

oubronco
04-01-2012, 08:16 AM
UGH fuggin Teboners

Tombstone RJ
04-01-2012, 08:21 AM
If you want to pull off an April Fool's joke, at least spell **** right.

this

Lev Vyvanse
04-01-2012, 08:26 AM
I just remembered why I don't come to the mane in early April.

baja
04-01-2012, 08:31 AM
I just remembered why I don't come to the mane in early April.

I remember when people around had a sense of humor.

Off season football = serious business

WABronco
04-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Not even remotely entertaining.

Pendejo
04-01-2012, 08:37 AM

The problem isn't the lack of a sense of humor on other people's part...it's that you are as funny as stale dog ****.

RhymesayersDU
04-01-2012, 08:39 AM

This.

Get a life, idiots.

McDman
04-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Yeah, not very funny.

Could have done so much more.

Lestat
04-01-2012, 08:42 AM
i get the premise, it just wasn't funny. now had you said Tebow was traded back to the Broncos because he failed a physical or because his Jets teammates said he loves Jesus too much then yeah maybe.
but Manning has already worked out with teammates & etc so there is no way this would have been true or funny.

Lev Vyvanse
04-01-2012, 08:51 AM
This.

Get a life, idiots.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the funny part.

RhymesayersDU
04-01-2012, 08:55 AM
I know, I know. You're super smart and everything is super dumb. Yawn.

baja
04-01-2012, 09:02 AM
I know, I know. You're super smart and everything is super dumb. Yawn.

I am noticing a shift attitude with the posters over the years. This place has become much less friendly, much more caustic and way too serious.

My question is it a reflection of the general mood or just an anomaly on this message board.

hades
04-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Crap, I'm surprised it took them this long to find it. If I were Manning, I'd fire those lawyers and get better ones! :giggle:

baja
04-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Crap, I'm surprised it took them this long to find it. If I were Manning, I'd fire those lawyers and get better ones! :giggle:

LOL

ya it could have been better

RhymesayersDU
04-01-2012, 09:05 AM
I am noticing a shift attitude with the posters over the years. This place has become much less friendly, much more caustic and way too serious.

My question is it a reflection of the general mood or just an anomaly on this message board.

Way too serious is right. I love the Broncos and sports in general, but people on this board treat it like it's life and death. It's kind of sad.

baja
04-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Way too serious is right. I love the Broncos and sports in general, but people on this board treat it like it's life and death. It's kind of sad.

...and people are just down right mean to their fellow fans. Interesting times.

That One Guy
04-01-2012, 09:13 AM
...and people are just down right mean to their fellow fans. Interesting times.

Well it's a combination of a lot of things. Your attempt was rather lame (just because they didn't read the contract wouldn't mean Manning would get released from it), this place has been pretty miserable for quite some time so people are cranky at people that post stupid things, and, finally, people just don't really like you anymore. I can't say it'd absolutely have been better received if someone else had posted it but the "it's lame AND it's baja" surely had the effect of doubling the eye roll.

baja
04-01-2012, 09:14 AM

Go back and read this thread, every single response is cutting and nasty (except yours) when the spirit of the thread was clearly a light hearted April fool's joke. I agree I could have made it better but geez why all the hate?

baja
04-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Well it's a combination of a lot of things. Your attempt was rather lame (just because they didn't read the contract wouldn't mean Manning would get released from it), this place has been pretty miserable for quite some time so people are cranky at people that post stupid things, and, finally, people just don't really like you anymore. I can't say it'd absolutely have been better received if someone else had posted it but the "it's lame AND it's baja" surely had the effect of doubling the eye roll.

Not according to my rep comments. I know I post some controversial stuff but there a lot of posters that appreciate the issues I bring up and there are others that chose to shoot the messenger.

It's not only me that gets attacked, it is something that is board wide. People are just plain mean to each other. There has been a shift in this board. maybe you haven't been here long enough to see it.

Requiem
04-01-2012, 09:29 AM

TOG came up to bat with a 3-2 count and hit a grand slam. ^5

TheChamp247
04-01-2012, 09:31 AM
situations like this is when all you need is a good fake 'the onion' article to back you up and start a frenzy. had potential...failed.

houghtam
04-01-2012, 09:33 AM
There has been a shift in this board. maybe you haven't been here long enough to see it.

No he's either blind or just ignorant (in the sense of ignoring a problem, not in the sense of being stupid).

I joined right around the same time as he did, and I notice a huge difference between Omane members in 2006 and Omane members in 2012. It's not just the team on the field that had soured my interest in the Broncos over the past few years, it's some of the douchebags on this site.

Tombstone RJ
04-01-2012, 09:34 AM
if you want April Fools humor done well, see broncoblue's post: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104663

Requiem
04-01-2012, 09:36 AM
No he's either blind or just ignorant (in the sense of ignoring a problem, not in the sense of being stupid).

I joined right around the same time as he did, and I notice a huge difference between Omane members in 2006 and Omane members in 2012. It's not just the team on the field that had soured my interest in the Broncos over the past few years, it's some of the douchebags on this site.

Uh, the members that posted here in 2006 are still posting here. The community has grown and fostered a lot of good posters, many of which still remain. Great ones will still come. I'm all for April Fools jokes, but not stupid ones. I mean seriously, if you are going to try and pull it off, do a better post than one that looks like you just gave a 5 year old a box of glitter Crayola crayons.

baja
04-01-2012, 09:42 AM
situations like this is when all you need is a good fake 'the onion' article to back you up and start a frenzy. had potential...failed.

Could it have been better? Sure.

Did it deserve all the vitriol? You tell me.

maher_tyler
04-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Nice try! :wave:

houghtam
04-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Uh, the members that posted here in 2006 are still posting here. The community has grown and fostered a lot of good posters, many of which still remain. Great ones will still come. I'm all for April Fools jokes, but not stupid ones. I mean seriously, if you are going to try and pull it off, do a better post than one that looks like you just gave a 5 year old a box of glitter Crayola crayons.

No one said the people from 2006 left...not sure where you got that. The point was made that there just seems to be a lot more negativity on the site these days, and it's a valid point, not confined to just this thread.

Baja has a point.

And before anyone chimes in with "well all the Tebowners...", the rampant douchebaggery started long before Tebow got here. It seems like no one can have a civil discussion anymore about anything. Anytime a good/interesting/fun topic comes up to discuss, Captain I'm Behind A Computer Screen comes in and pisses in the Cheerios.

baja
04-01-2012, 09:44 AM

...and "hatin on Mays is super gays" added to every single post in the biggest font available is super cool and super mature.

That One Guy
04-01-2012, 09:45 AM

The community aspect has certainly deteriorated but with all the philosophical divides that have been around in that time, it's to be expected. With that came a degree of willingness to attack other posters. I would concede that has changed to some degree though what we have now vs what we had in the Slap days... quality vs quantity, I'd say. This was never a haven of love, understanding, and acceptance.

But as for the comments to this? It's as I said. Equal parts people tired of stupid posts, an uber lame attempt, and people being tired of baja. He can claim what he will but his reception 5 years ago was MUCH different than it is now.

baja
04-01-2012, 09:48 AM
The community aspect has certainly deteriorated but with all the philosophical divides that have been around in that time, it's to be expected. With that came a degree of willingness to attack other posters. I would concede that has changed to some degree though what we have now vs what we had in the Slap days... quality vs quantity, I'd say. This was never a haven of love, understanding, and acceptance.

But as for the comments to this? It's as I said. Equal parts people tired of stupid posts, an uber lame attempt, and people being tired of baja. He can claim what he will but his reception 5 years ago was MUCH different than it is now.

I am the same poster so what changed? The attitude of the posters I submit.

Requiem
04-01-2012, 09:51 AM
No one said the people from 2006 left...not sure where you got that. The point was made that there just seems to be a lot more negativity on the site these days, and it's a valid point, not confined to just this thread.

It's the Internet and I really don't care. I'll post serious matters, be blatantly retarded and without sense on others. Some people get it, some people don't. I just thought this was a poorly planned April Fool's Day Joke. I mean, we only get to do this once a year. So if you are gonna try and do something, make it a good effort. Half-assing a post filled with spelling errors and stupidity isn't going to get it done.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/522829_377050942325598_304042039626489_1235080_121 8524276_n.jpg

^ I think it goes along well with the thread.

baja
04-01-2012, 09:51 AM

There have been a ton of great posters that left. Ask yourself why.

Requiem
04-01-2012, 09:53 AM
...and "hatin on Mays is super gays" added to every single post in the biggest font available is super cool and super mature.

I'm not attempting to be mature with it. It is a satirical line for a reason. Hilarious!

That One Guy
04-01-2012, 09:55 AM
There have been a ton of great posters that left. Ask yourself why.

Some great posters have left... sure... but so has the Dramallama, it appears. Things balance out.

McDman
04-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Go back and read this thread, every single response is cutting and nasty (except yours) when the spirit of the thread was clearly a light hearted April fool's joke. I agree I could have made it better but geez why all the hate?

I think you are being a little sensitive. All I said it could have been much better.

That One Guy
04-01-2012, 09:57 AM

No. You might have the same thoughts but your maturity has taken a nose dive when the discussions come up. The one who once strove (strived?) to be thoughtful and wise is now condescending and over the top. You used to post things to inspire though, now you post them to prove yourself right or superior.

Requiem
04-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Some great posters have left... sure... but so has the Dramallama, it appears. Things balance out.

The cycle of life is a beautiful thing. But for every Drama Llama that leaves, we bring in the MacGruder's, Lonestar's and BarryR's of the world.

But this is still the board to paaaaaaaaaaaarty on! :yayaya:

Tombstone RJ
04-01-2012, 09:58 AM

perhaps. I think when the OMane started and circa the early years there was much more positive attitudes simply because 1. the Broncos were winning pretty consistently and were coming off 2 SB wins and 2. the Broncos were a stable team with Shanny calling all the shots and having a long term contract.

the angst started to go viral when Shanny got fired and McD was hired. Then things got ugly. IMHO, there's still a lot of McShanahan fans here. Too many. No matter what has transpired after the firing of Shanny, they aren't happy. Throw in the fact that McD gutted the team and it was a downward spiral from there.

Then the Tebow thing started.

Now the Manning thing has started.

Point being, if you are a true Broncos fan, you have to be excited about Manning. Any poster who claims to be a Broncos fan and not like this move is an idiot. Sorry, but they are.

As for TT, the circus he brought IMHO is not worth it. He's a great human being, a great competitor but not yet a great QB and cashing him in for Manning was absolutely, 100% the right move by Elway.

houghtam
04-01-2012, 09:59 AM
It's the Internet and I really don't care. I'll post serious matters, be blatantly retarded and without sense on others. Some people get it, some people don't. I just thought this was a poorly planned April Fool's Day Joke. I mean, we only get to do this once a year. So if you are gonna try and do something, make it a good effort. Half-assing a post filled with spelling errors and stupidity isn't going to get it done.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/522829_377050942325598_304042039626489_1235080_121 8524276_n.jpg

^ I think it goes along well with the thread.

Yes, I definitely agree..."laugh at stupid jokes" is very apropos.

Requiem
04-01-2012, 10:00 AM
No. You might have the same thoughts but your maturity has taken a nose dive when the discussions come up. The one who once strove (strived?) to be thoughtful and wise is now condescending and over the top. You used to post things to inspire though, now you post them to prove yourself right or superior.

Bingo. The delusions of grandeur and the constant notion of being right when it comes to issues in WPR (mainly on health/wellness) is the issue at hand. Most everyone holds the company they keep very closely, and I'm just not interested in the least in having discussions with someone who feels they are always right.

Everyone on the forum is open to advice, I don't think many people are open to being told that they live their lives wrong or are going about things the wrong way. I had two sausage biscuits and hash browns from McDonalds this morning on my way to work and it was glorious!

baja
04-01-2012, 10:00 AM
I think you are being a little sensitive. All I said it could have been much better.

I agree and I wasn't really directing anything at you in particular, more to the general flavor of all the responses

houghtam
04-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Point being, if you are a true Broncos fan, you have to be excited about Manning. Any poster who claims to be a Broncos fan and not like this move is an idiot. Sorry, but they are.

As for TT, the circus he brought IMHO is not worth it. He's a great human being, a great competitor but not yet a great QB and cashing him in for Manning was absolutely, 100% the right move by Elway.

I guess I'm not a true Broncos fan, then. Anyone know where I can retroactively not purchase a John Elway rookie card with my two weeks' allowance back in 1987?

Requiem
04-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Yes, I definitely agree..."laugh at stupid jokes" is very apropos.

Yeah, but losing Peyton Manning isn't funny.

WABronco
04-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Wow really good, admirable effort. However, your execution was off and it ended up just being stupid as ****. Better luck in a year! :)

Meck77
04-01-2012, 10:05 AM

Treat others as you wish to be treated. You are reaping what you have sowed over the years.

houghtam
04-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Yeah, but losing Peyton Manning isn't funny.

Well not "funny haha". ;D

Requiem
04-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Wow really good, admirable effort. However, your execution was off and it ended up just being stupid as ****. Better luck in a year! :)

I'm laughin' out a load. Hilarious!

Requiem
04-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Treat others as you wish to be treated. You are reaping what you have sowed over the years.

Meck, it doesn't stop there: "Act the way you want to be perceived."

Gonna do any fishin' in Colorado soon? Tried to fish trout the other day but it's still a little chill on the rapids. :)

Tombstone RJ
04-01-2012, 10:11 AM
I guess I'm not a true Broncos fan, then. Anyone know where I can retroactively not purchase a John Elway rookie card with my two weeks' allowance back in 1987?

Hey, I'm telling you the same thing I told people here on the OMane about Cutler, Orton and Tebow. Give him a chance before you cash out.

Cutler got a chance, and he sucked. He choked in the late season.

Orton got a chance, had one decent year then crumbled the next under pressure from TT.

Tebow got his chance and it was exciting and fun to watch but he was worse at the end of the season than he was at the beginning of the season. Yes, he won 1 playoff game and it was fantastic, but bringing Manning is was still the right move.

Now please give Manning a chance.

Requiem
04-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Give peace a chance!

Taco John
04-01-2012, 10:13 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1mhi1HieT1r8pjnro1_400.gif

Meck77
04-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Meck, it doesn't stop there: "Act the way you want to be perceived."

Gonna do any fishin' in Colorado soon? Tried to fish trout the other day but it's still a little chill on the rapids. :)

Not til May or June. Still down in AZ for the "winter".

If you are fly fishing I'd recommend a black or green bedheaded wolly bugger in merky runoff water. Trout can't resist them.

With a spinning rod any small rainbow patterned lure should work.

At the end of the day if you just want to hook something drag a big ass night crawler with a nice weight. Just bounce it behind big rocks or wherever you can find deep holes, slower water, with white foam swirling around.

Taco John
04-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Just bounce it behind big rocks or wherever you can find deep holes, slower water, with white foam swirling around.

Some sort of secret code going on here...

broncocalijohn
04-01-2012, 10:21 AM

I have to go with Baja here. Why ruin the thread? Grammar police is not warranted on this one. Go find dan_the_broncos_fan to do some policing for his posts. That will keep you busy for a long time.

That One Guy
04-01-2012, 10:23 AM
I have to go with Baja here. Why ruin the thread? Grammar police is not warranted on this one. Go find dan_the_broncos_fan to do some policing for his posts. That will keep you busy for a long time.

While it exasperated it, the spelling isn't what doomed this thread.

houghtam
04-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Hey, I'm telling you the same thing I told people here on the OMane about Cutler, Orton and Tebow. Give him a chance before you cash out.

Cutler got a chance, and he sucked. He choked in the late season.

Orton got a chance, had one decent year then crumbled the next under pressure from TT.

Tebow got his chance and it was exciting and fun to watch but he was worse at the end of the season than he was at the beginning of the season. Yes, he won 1 playoff game and it was fantastic, but bringing Manning is was still the right move.

Now please give Manning a chance.

My thoughts on the subject in reply to a post SoCal made:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3525028#post3525028

That's exactly what I'm doing. The FO has this season to prove to me that Manning was the right choice. I'm through giving them "chances", when they do the same stupid stuff every season.

I think also that if you spend 5 minutes thinking about it, or if you've paid attention at all to who is actually posting about being upset by the Manning move, you'd realize that there is a very significant portion of this message board that is not too happy about it, and the majority of them have born on dates that pre-date Tebow's arrival. As I said in another thread, I'm not going to name names, but they're pretty easy to find.

Tombstone RJ
04-01-2012, 10:52 AM
My thoughts on the subject in reply to a post SoCal made:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3525028#post3525028

That's exactly what I'm doing. The FO has this season to prove to me that Manning was the right choice. I'm through giving them "chances", when they do the same stupid stuff every season.

I think also that if you spend 5 minutes thinking about it, or if you've paid attention at all to who is actually posting about being upset by the Manning move, you'd realize that there is a very significant portion of this message board that is not too happy about it, and the majority of them have born on dates that pre-date Tebow's arrival. As I said in another thread, I'm not going to name names, but they're pretty easy to find.

fair enough, and I addressed this issue with the Shanahan fans. I suspect a number of said posters are not happy about much of anything since Shanny has been canned. Again, JMHO.

Also, much of it gets lost in the TT circus of posters.

myMind
04-01-2012, 01:02 PM
UGH fuggin Teboners

So everbody that jokes about Manning and the expectations he's facing is a fuggin Teboner.

Got it.

Blueflame
04-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Lately, it's become the norm to instantly go to the ad hominem attack and namecalling if anyone posts something one disagrees with. While that has always been possible here on the Mane (with a handful of posters), it wasn't always "the norm"; there used to be a "little" more tolerance. Reviewing archived threads on the ROF subforum highlights just how much things have actually changed over the years.

Gort
04-01-2012, 02:25 PM

i used to think that anybody who was a Broncos fan had at least 1 redeeming quality.

this site (especially the hostile and angry Tebow haters on this site) have taught me the error in that opinion.

there are a few of posters here who i wouldn't cross the street to piss on if they were on fire.

i think the difference between 2005 and now is that back in 2005, this site was still a community based on the idea that alot of members had or would have tailgated together, and thus known each other in the "real world". that seems to have gone. now it's just anonymous people beating their chests (like chimps) and forcing their opinions down each others' throats (flinging their poo) on the internet.

i don't mind getting into it over football opinions, but when the debates become about politics or religion or floating space pyramids, there are other better forums for that sort of crap. but for every argument about football, i try to add something humorous to the forum of my own. not everybody understands that you have to balance the bad stuff with some funny stuff though. those people stand out as just bitter and angry. you all know who i mean without naming names.

oubronco
04-01-2012, 02:27 PM
So everbody that jokes about Manning and the expectations he's facing is a fuggin Teboner.

Got it.

It was a joke get over it

GreatBronco16
04-01-2012, 02:52 PM
To play along........

God I hope so, that means we get Tebow back.:yayaya:

OBF1
04-01-2012, 03:00 PM
This message is hidden because baja is on your ignore list.

And the first response to this post tells me all I need to know about the state of the Denver Broncos fan base. Sad indeed.

RhymesayersDU
04-01-2012, 03:17 PM
So if the OP is on your ignore list, why do you open his posts?

DBroncos4life
04-01-2012, 03:23 PM
So if the OP is on your ignore list, why do you open his posts?

I've always thought taking the time to post that someone is on your Iggy is just showing how much that person is in your head.

Cito Pelon
04-01-2012, 03:39 PM

No kidding.

Cito Pelon
04-01-2012, 03:46 PM
perhaps. I think when the OMane started and circa the early years there was much more positive attitudes simply because 1. the Broncos were winning pretty consistently and were coming off 2 SB wins and 2. the Broncos were a stable team with Shanny calling all the shots and having a long term contract.

the angst started to go viral when Shanny got fired and McD was hired. Then things got ugly. IMHO, there's still a lot of McShanahan fans here. Too many. No matter what has transpired after the firing of Shanny, they aren't happy. Throw in the fact that McD gutted the team and it was a downward spiral from there.

Then the Tebow thing started.

Now the Manning thing has started.

Roger. As soon as Peyton starts throwing harder than Chad Pennington, I'm on board.

RhymesayersDU
04-01-2012, 03:52 PM
I've always thought taking the time to post that someone is on your Iggy is just showing how much that person is in your head.

Absolutely. That's how you know Bob is a good troll. The kids who have him on ignore still follow him around like lost puppies.

McDman
04-01-2012, 04:17 PM
i used to think that anybody who was a Broncos fan had at least 1 redeeming quality.

this site (especially the hostile and angry Tebow haters on this site) have taught me the error in that opinion.

there are a few of posters here who i wouldn't cross the street to piss on if they were on fire.

i think the difference between 2005 and now is that back in 2005, this site was still a community based on the idea that alot of members had or would have tailgated together, and thus known each other in the "real world". that seems to have gone. now it's just anonymous people beating their chests (like chimps) and forcing their opinions down each others' throats (flinging their poo) on the internet.

i don't mind getting into it over football opinions, but when the debates become about politics or religion or floating space pyramids, there are other better forums for that sort of crap. but for every argument about football, i try to add something humorous to the forum of my own. not everybody understands that you have to balance the bad stuff with some funny stuff though. those people stand out as just bitter and angry. you all know who i mean without naming names.

Seriously, there were like two people who legitimately hated Tebow.

rbackfactory80
04-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Some people just have bad attitudes. Most the people who have been here since early on that are still here are laid back. That's how we manage to stay so long.

The people that flip out and lose their stuff post after post encourage negativity and probably won't be around for more than a year.

UberBroncoMan
04-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah... April Fools should be somewhat to completely believable.

This was not that.

Needed more effort.

UberBroncoMan
04-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Kind of wish Taco John changed the logo today to the OrangeManning :P!

Blueflame
04-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Old-timers might remember logging in one April Fool's Day and finding their avys looking like this:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/dmajorfifth/UglyMane.jpg

Fun times! :D

Blueflame
04-01-2012, 05:35 PM
... and then there was another April 1st when siggies were....

DBroncos4life
04-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Old-timers might remember logging in one April Fool's Day and finding their avys looking like this:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/dmajorfifth/UglyMane.jpg

Fun times! :D

Ha Ha I remember that!

Cito Pelon
04-01-2012, 06:24 PM
I do a search for posts by "Cito Pelon", and I get redirected to Pharmacy.com's Viagra page. Haha, not so funny. I don't like to get redirected without my permission.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
04-02-2012, 12:18 AM

but mi spilling aunt dhat bhad mi aund yu aur guna haube alut ouf fiun suun feun feun feun wunt duht beuh feun

Captain 'Dre
04-02-2012, 08:17 AM

April Fools pranks are like puns.

There is a small minority who like them, while the majority find them irritating and immature.

baja
04-02-2012, 08:53 AM

There is a small minority who like them, while the majority find them irritating and immature.

God do you people ever have any fun?

Do you even know what fun is?

If you think the thread is not for you why even bother to leave a comment.

** hint if you don't leave a comment it gets off the front page faster.

bendog
04-02-2012, 09:08 AM
But today's not the First.

Rohirrim
04-02-2012, 10:06 AM
I do a search for posts by "Cito Pelon", and I get redirected to Pharmacy.com's Viagra page. Haha, not so funny. I don't like to get redirected without my permission.

Ha! Now that's a good one!

Pick Six
04-02-2012, 10:44 AM
This was nothing, people. Pezman (a former moderator) used to actually CHANGE people's usernames, for one day only...Hilarious!

Captain 'Dre
04-02-2012, 11:48 AM
God do you people ever have any fun?

Do you even know what fun is?

If you think the thread is not for you why even bother to leave a comment.

** hint if you don't leave a comment it gets off the front page faster.

Different definition of 'fun', man.

Irritating others isn't my idea of a good time.

And who are you referring to as "you people"? Men? People with jobs? People of a certain ethnicity? :)

houghtam
04-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Different definition of 'fun', man.

Irritating others isn't my idea of a good time.

And who are you referring to as "you people"? Men? People with jobs? People of a certain ethnicity? :)

Jeez, Debbie Downer, I abso-freaking-lutely love irritating others.

I can't think of a better way to waste my time.

Miss I.
04-02-2012, 12:22 PM
The missing Manning clause is actually related to bacon. He wants to have streaky bacon on hand at all times. Not Canadian Bacon, not Back Bacon (basically the UK version of Canadian Bacon), but true American bacon. It must be separated with piles of crispy, extra crispy and slightly soggy. Nobody is to touch the bacon without Manning's express written permission. The problem is, that Elway touched Manning's bacon and it's possibly voided the contract. But to try to resolve it, Bowlen is building Manning a special bacon safe that only Manning and the cook have the key to. If the cook does not follow the strict guidelines he will be executed immediately and Manning will have the hiring authority for both his next cook and will get to decide who we pick with our first draft pick this year.

here's a picture of the bacon safe....dude is serious about his bacon..

http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p4616738dt.jpg

oops, I mean this is the picture...

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/00/14/29/a7/vault-in-the-courtyard.jpg

Requiem
04-02-2012, 12:23 PM

Repreprepreprep.

jhns
04-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Lately, it's become the norm to instantly go to the ad hominem attack and namecalling if anyone posts something one disagrees with. While that has always been possible here on the Mane (with a handful of posters), it wasn't always "the norm"; there used to be a "little" more tolerance. Reviewing archived threads on the ROF subforum highlights just how much things have actually changed over the years.

The thing is, it was that old group of posters that are responsible for the way this place is now. When McDaniels was hired, this group of friends started trolling everyone that questioned him. Everyone else then started acting the same way. There is a reason a lot of this group doesn't post anymore, or hardly posts.

So again, it is all McFans fault. Then it just got twice as bad with the Tebow drama.

maher_tyler
04-02-2012, 12:55 PM
I have a feeling there are a few in this thread that are like that douche bag at work that no one likes to work with. They take everything way to serious!

Miss I.
04-02-2012, 01:00 PM
I have a feeling there are a few in this thread that are like that douche bag at work that no one likes to work with. They take everything way to serious!

well you know....

http://troll.me/images/victory-baby/internet-serious-business-thumb.jpg

Peyton's nerve
04-02-2012, 01:02 PM
At least he didn't joke about Peyton's nerve.

Miss I.
04-02-2012, 01:06 PM
At least he didn't joke about Peyton's nerve.

well nobody wants to get on Peyton's nerve. ;D (okay I deserve to be slapped for that)

Flex Gunmetal
04-02-2012, 01:34 PM
The massive influx of idiots right around the time McDaniels was hired changed the attitude of the board.

Before, when I 1st got here, disagreements were obvious but never turned into grudges. Now, there are cliques, camps, haters and clowns. I was a pretty approachable poster back then, but after so many gonzo's, errands, macgruder's and agamemnons, it's safe to say I've become an assh0le.

Gotta step back and think if this is worth taking seriously, because I never used to. We were for the most part a big happy family, with some mentally deficient siblings we didn't mind supporting.

As the mane turns.

http://i.imgur.com/CemVu.gif

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
04-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Major language issue with Manning's contract - if not resolved Manning could be free agent again.

Lawyers for Manning have discovered a loop hole in his contract, if he does not winn every home game this season his next years contract becomes non guaranteed. Another issue is the wording that he must be able to throw the football 80 yards flat footed by April 1, 2012. That's today

oh yeah ok joke i thought it was real til i saw the spoilers idiots i swear they ruined it

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
04-02-2012, 01:41 PM

johnny no one cares a bout it only a few complain about it
now repeat after me
ITS ONLY THE INTERNET I SHOULD REALLY LEARN TO RELAX cmon say it its only theineternet i shouldreallylearntorelax now in Japanese私は実際には、インターネットは、リラックスすることを学ぶべきである
frenchSon internet je devrait vraiment apprendre à vous détendre Italian La sua internet vorrei davvero imparare a rilassarsi

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
04-02-2012, 01:44 PM
i can translate its only the internet i should really learn to relax in other languages as well johnny if you want now stop being such a stick in the mud gawd i hate uptight people
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E3gzRg-8qD8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Flex Gunmetal
04-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Not a single piece of punctuation. Jesus

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
04-02-2012, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=Flex Gunmetal;3547396]Not a single piece of punctuation. Jesus[/QUOTE
of course thats for you to do gee i havent ever been able to bother people so damn easy ever in my life usually takes a bit of effort but wow hung up on me much ?
ok now its just the internet mr you should really learn to relax. this isnt a anglish essay its just a sports forum for the broncos. now shoould you go back to your anglash class your students are misbehavin Hilarious!

jhns
04-02-2012, 02:10 PM
of course thats for you to do gee i havent ever been able to bother people so damn easy ever in my life usually takes a bit of effort but wow hung up on me much ?
ok now its just the internet mr you should really learn to relax. this isnt a anglish essay its just a sports forum for the broncos. now shoould you go back to your anglash class your students are misbehavin Hilarious!

Yeah, who needs to understand what you type? Why should anyone care about spelling and grammar? This is just a medium based on reading and writing!

Pony Boy
04-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Yeah, who needs to understand what you type? Why should anyone care about spelling and grammar? This is just a medium based on reading and writing!

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is that the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn nid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

jhns
04-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is that the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn nid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

This is much easier to read than any of his posts. You still need some grammar and punctuation. You still need the correct letters.

That is some cool **** though.

BroncoInSkinland
04-02-2012, 05:47 PM
I wnat to see if undersdanting can be aceievhd regardless of waht sytnax is uesd wehn tyipng the scntenee. Colud you for itsnance raed a wrod lkie supercalifcagilistirexpialidocious, or a senetnce taht coetainnd miltuple multlsyiabic wdros lkie "I recoznige the ineaplicxble fcat taht you tmerendously delhgit in the tranolatisn of loaicglly ordered characters in a bnided lcxieon." or unfamiailr wrods lkie in odle eiglnsh sxuh as "O judeemgnt! Tohu art feld to brstiuhes betsas." or eevn ninsensocal seetancns scuh as "Taws brillig, and the ****ly toevs Did grye and glmbie in the waeb: All mmisy wree the borogoves, And the mmoe rahts ourgtabe." (The Jabberwkcoy to hlep thsoe who misesd taht lsat), or msot ridiuulocs of all "The mane has become a place for Broncos fans to berate one another, rather than exchange thoughts regarding thier passion for the team."

Broncos_OTM
04-02-2012, 06:04 PM

I joined right around the same time as he did, and I notice a huge difference between Omane members in 2006 and Omane members in 2012. It's not just the team on the field that had soured my interest in the Broncos over the past few years, it's some of the douchebags on this site.this. To many to name.

It had me going for a minute baja

Broncos_OTM
04-02-2012, 06:10 PM
[QaUOTE=Requiem;3546487]Uh, the members that posted here in 2006 are still posting here. The community has grown and fostered a lot of good posters, many of which still remain. Great ones will still come. I'm all for April Fools jokes, but not stupid ones. I mean seriously, if you are going to try and pull it off, do a better post than one that looks like you just gave a 5 year old a box of glitter Crayola crayons.[/QUOTE]have you ever read any of your posts. Seriously you add little to discussions anymore. You used to have something to say.. no when you have something to say its just. Daaamn eat my nuts.. or bitches making it rain. Do me a favor go play in traffic

errand
04-02-2012, 06:19 PM

Got it.

By the same token, anyone who had reservations or made a wisecrack about Tebow was labelled a "hater"....hell, some got the label because they supported any other QB on roster, or the FO/coaching staff (and their decisions), or defended any of his team mates.....

Turn about is fair play, no?

errand
04-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Roger. As soon as Peyton starts throwing harder than Chad Pennington, I'm on board.

He already does.....and with uncanny accuracy. I think we're gonna see alot of members on here back pedaling when Manning (and this team) plays very well this season.

Tombstone RJ
04-02-2012, 06:40 PM
I wnat to see if undersdanting can be aceievhd regardless of waht sytnax is uesd wehn tyipng the scntenee. Colud you for itsnance raed a wrod lkie supercalifcagilistirexpialidocious, or a senetnce taht coetainnd miltuple multlsyiabic wdros lkie "I recoznige the ineaplicxble fcat taht you tmerendously delhgit in the tranolatisn of loaicglly ordered characters in a bnided lcxieon." or unfamiailr wrods lkie in odle eiglnsh sxuh as "O judeemgnt! Tohu art feld to brstiuhes betsas." or eevn ninsensocal seetancns scuh as "Taws brillig, and the ****ly toevs Did grye and glmbie in the waeb: All mmisy wree the borogoves, And the mmoe rahts ourgtabe." (The Jabberwkcoy to hlep thsoe who misesd taht lsat), or msot ridiuulocs of all "The mane has become a place for Broncos fans to berate one another, rather than exchange thoughts regarding thier passion for the team."

si

uplink
04-02-2012, 08:15 PM
April fools mock draft (strange stuff)
http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012aprilfools.php

jhns
04-03-2012, 05:59 AM
By the same token, anyone who had reservations or made a wisecrack about Tebow was labelled a "hater"....hell, some got the label because they supported any other QB on roster, or the FO/coaching staff (and their decisions), or defended any of his team mates.....

Turn about is fair play, no?

You are trying to defend wanting 1-4 over what Tebow did? You are an idiot.

You kind of have to be a hater to come with something that dumb...

broncocalijohn
04-03-2012, 12:17 PM
This is much easier to read than any of his posts. You still need some grammar and punctiation. You still need the correct letters.

That is some cool **** though.

We had that as a thread about 5 years ago. Jizz is correct. If he jsut teypd lkie tihs, we wloud not hvae a porlbem with Dan.

The Cambridge post is purposely ****ed up and I can read it almost as fast as correct English. Not so much for Dan's posts. BTW, he quotes my post twice even when i haven't responded to his first one. Dude, best to let it die then to bring up how much of a grammar retard (and lazy one too) you show yourself to be at the Mane. You don't have to be perfect but for God's sakes, stop killing the Queen's English!

Now you can respond with something you think is really funny but is quite lame.