PDA

View Full Version : La Canfora: Every NFL Team's Cap room

Smilin Assassin
03-31-2012, 03:59 PM
as of today (3/30/12) ...sorry if this was posted somewhere.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/30/salary-cap-situation-for-each-team/

Mogulseeker
03-31-2012, 04:18 PM
We're still in pretty good shape, even after the Manning hit and the Mays contract.

At 13 mil, there's only like four or five teams with more cap space than us.

I like Elway's strategy of not overpaying for players.

myMind
03-31-2012, 04:52 PM

Except for that one guy...I cant think of his name right now.
You know who I mean, elderly, noodlenecked...oh well, Im sure it'll come to me eventually.

comoose00
03-31-2012, 05:06 PM
You know who I mean, elderly, noodlenecked...oh well, Im sure it'll come to me eventually.

sure we are giving him 19 mil a year but it is pretty much on a year by year basis. It is a win/win for which ever side you are on with the Peyton signing. if he gets hurt again it will end up being a 1 year gamble. If he is healthy and still playing at a high level then it is a steal.

BroncoInferno
03-31-2012, 06:36 PM

We didn't overpay for him by any reasonable, objective, non-bat**** standard.

baja
03-31-2012, 06:43 PM
sure we are giving him 19 mil a year but it is pretty much on a year by year basis. It is a win/win for which ever side you are on with the Peyton signing. if he gets hurt again it will end up being a 1 year gamble. If he is healthy and still playing at a high level then it is a steal.

Except it cost us what might have been with Tebow.

baja
03-31-2012, 06:44 PM

It's not just the money, it also cost us what might have been with Tebow.

Doggcow
03-31-2012, 06:55 PM

In case your first post wasn't enough you reworded it?

Tombstone RJ
03-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Except it cost us what might have been with Tebow.

I'm pretty sure that's a gambe EFX is willing to take.

Requiem
03-31-2012, 07:44 PM
In case your first post wasn't enough you reworded it?

Delusions of Grandeur.

Lestat
03-31-2012, 10:26 PM
it didn't cost us anything. Tebow would have had to make tremendous strides as a passer to avoid getting replaced. either a FA in the future or a QB would have been acquired to squeeze him out if he didn't get to where they wanted him at.

Manning is a clear upgrade at the QB position and allows the team to return to a normal scheme. the move was best for both parties, Tebow gets to sit and develop without feeling like he's never gonna get his chance again and the Broncos get the QB they need to move on and continue the drive towards being a super bowl contender.

baja
03-31-2012, 10:31 PM
it didn't cost us anything. Tebow would have had to make tremendous strides as a passer to avoid getting replaced. either a FA in the future or a QB would have been acquired to squeeze him out if he didn't get to where they wanted him at.

Manning is a clear upgrade at the QB position and allows the team to return to a normal scheme. the move was best for both parties, Tebow gets to sit and develop without feeling like he's never gonna get his chance again and the Broncos get the QB they need to move on and continue the drive towards being a super bowl contender.

Don't get me wrong I am happy for Tebow tat he got out of Denver where he was never to be appreciated but I am left to wonder what might have been if Elway had the vision the not ready for prime time McDaniels did.

... and save your reducible for when the Tebow saga plays out one way or another lest you be the one with egg on your face.

myMind
03-31-2012, 11:19 PM
We didn't overpay for him by any reasonable, objective, non-bat**** standard.

That still remains to be seen. I do hope you're right though.

Bacchus
04-01-2012, 12:07 AM

They did not over pay for him. They paid what the market demanded.

bigbucks24
04-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Don't get me wrong I am happy for Tebow tat he got out of Denver where he was never to be appreciated but I am left to wonder what might have been if Elway had the vision the not ready for prime time McDaniels did.

... and save your reducible for when the Tebow saga plays out one way or another lest you be the one with egg on your face.

If Tebow never turns out to be a great QB, will you admit you were wrong? And will you do it as many times as you have championed Tebow? And will you admit you were wrong with the same passion as you have told us that the FO is wrong for ever letting him go?

bigbucks24
04-01-2012, 12:43 AM

If Tebow never turns out to be a great QB, will you admit you were wrong? And will you do it as many times as you have championed Tebow? And will you admit you were wrong with the same passion as you have told us that the FO is wrong for ever letting him go?

cutthemdown
04-01-2012, 04:53 AM

Yep it really is too bad we couldn't keep Tebow. I wish it had been Tebow saying i love Broncos, what can i do to stay on team, i will play anywhere etc. I love Manning coming to town, but I hate how there was no way Tebow could stay.

serious hops
04-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Why the hell are you clowns sniveling about Tebow in a thread about teams' cap space?

???

In regards to Denver, I think they're probably saving some of that space to sign a quality young back to an extension if they can acquire a player like Jonathon Stewart, or even Matt Forte if he happens to becomes available for a less-than-crippling price.

Cito Pelon
04-01-2012, 12:42 PM
We're still in pretty good shape, even after the Manning hit and the Mays contract.

At 13 mil, there's only like four or five teams with more cap space than us.

Well, they could have overpayed (AKA competed) for some FA's that many people think are upgrades. Keeping in mind they wanted Peyton badly (and had no idea how much they would have to pay on this year's cap for him), that limited what they could do in FA if they actually wanted to.

Also, by my count they brought in 30 players last year via draft, FA, UFA, waiver wire, practice squad raids, and trade. They're stacking the roster with their own guys.

There's 70 or so players on the official roster right now, and what only 63 or so make the team. But nevertheless, bringing in 30 new guys last year and 7 draft picks this year, they're building the roster with their own guys.

R8R H8R
04-01-2012, 01:02 PM
as of today (3/30/12) ...sorry if this was posted somewhere.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/30/salary-cap-situation-for-each-team/

Can someone explain what the "Team Cash" figure is? Is that the number that Elway & Xanders has mentioned a couple of times when they refer to the budget they get from Bowlen?

If it is, I would like to know how much of it we have already spent.