PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless prediction: Denver will have 1st round playoff exit in 2012

Armchair Bronco
03-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Skip Bayless recently predicted on ESPN that Denver would have a first-round playoff exit under new signal caller Peyton Manning. What do you think?

<iframe width="300" height="250" vspace="0" hspace="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://www.ipredikt.com/plugins/widget.aspx?ids=693&layout=1&border=3&image=1&font=6" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

You can vote directly from the widget.

McDman
03-31-2012, 12:49 PM
I agree. I think it's the next two years where we make our mark.

Jay3
03-31-2012, 12:50 PM
I don't even think they're going to make the playoffs -- but ironically, that would be the same "nope" vote as someone who thinks they're going to win the Super Bowl.

baja
03-31-2012, 12:51 PM
With Peyton 'coaching' the O and del Rio handling the D we could make it all the way to the big dance.

Agamemnon
03-31-2012, 12:53 PM
With Peyton 'coaching' the O and del Rio handling the D we could make it all the way to the big dance.

We "could", but the chances are very, very slim.

barryr
03-31-2012, 12:56 PM
If they don't get better players at DT, I see no chance of getting to the Super Bowl unless they had home field advantage throughout.

bowtown
03-31-2012, 12:59 PM
I predict another year where Skip Bayless doesn't break out of the 10am weekday slot.

Jesterhole
03-31-2012, 01:03 PM
If we don't do something about DT and LB, I don't see how he is wrong.

baja
03-31-2012, 01:26 PM

you don't think some quality players will become available before the season starts?

KO5K
03-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Honestly, I think the Chargers win the division.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-31-2012, 01:32 PM
think we get to 10-6 chargers might be 11-5 . i dont expect the chargers to totally brain fart next season to 8-8 raiders might get to 8-8 kc and the sunshine boys will be 8-8 to 6-10

Hulamau
03-31-2012, 01:37 PM

Better than the odds for all but about 6 or so other teams. And our odds are now one hell of a lot higher than they were just two weeks ago!

Hulamau
03-31-2012, 01:43 PM

Do you honestly think the FO is going to do NOTHING at all for DT and LB between now and start of the season??

We have Vickerson, Ty Warren and likely Marcus Thomas.. I suspect as well they will add a Devon Still quality DT in the draft, if not two.

Hold your horses and see how it goes, there is plenty time to fill a few more of those holes and for some reason I think EFX and Del Rio have some idea what they need... :)

BroncoMan4ever
03-31-2012, 01:43 PM
I predict that skip will still be a ginormous knob after Denver gets past the wild card round of the playoffs

OBF1
03-31-2012, 01:45 PM
If they don't get better players at DT, I see no chance of getting to the Super Bowl unless they had home field advantage throughout.

LOL LOL
Most uninformed comment on the board this year.

good story bro, next time check the facts before posting. I know you are proud of yourself when you see your name on the interweb thingie, but really... know what the hell you are talking about before posting.

Denvers HOME record the past 3 seasons

2011: 3-5
2010: 3-5
2009: 4-4

Please explain the "HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE PART" of your post to me.

Hulamau
03-31-2012, 01:46 PM
The silver lining benefit of Tebow no long working here is to feel free again to call Skip Bayless the loudmouth utter moron he truly is without dissing on our guy....

NUB
03-31-2012, 01:51 PM
If Denver fails to pick up impact players at RB, DT, LB and Safety, there will be no playoffs, IMO.

Jay3
03-31-2012, 01:53 PM
I think he O-line is going to fester.

TheChamp247
03-31-2012, 02:14 PM
I dont understand any of this. In the few days leading up to and after signing manning this place was sky high with enthusiasm and expectations for the season. Now everyone is agreeing with Skip who is just pissed at denver for trading his boy. I loved Tebow, but i love the Broncos more and peyton definiately gives us a better chance at winning. I fail to see or understand how adding peyton makes our team worse than last year? we hardly lost any free agents, eddie royal/brodrick bunkely are the two biggest (not taking into account dawkins and his decision yet, but i have high hopes for carter and moore in the first place) So to my point, how is any part of this team going to be worse this year than last year with really only additions of superstar talent. Manning at 80% gives us a better chance to win than tebow at 100% thats just science. And also to that home field advantage point, i think manning and his style of 'strech the field' and hurry up offense in our altitude slowly brings back the dominance we saw at home under elway and his ability to strech the field.

Broncos4tw
03-31-2012, 02:17 PM

Vegas putting us at 12-1 odds this year to this point, obviously are stupid. You should take your hitherto unknown pro NFL savvy to Sin City, and clean up!

broncswin
03-31-2012, 02:20 PM
LOL LOL
Most uninformed comment on the board this year.

good story bro, next time check the facts before posting. I know you are proud of yourself when you see your name on the interweb thingie, but really... know what the hell you are talking about before posting.

Denvers HOME record the past 3 seasons

2011: 3-5
2010: 3-5
2009: 4-4

Please explain the "HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE PART" of your post to me.

He might be saying this because PM is great at home...of course that was a dome...but PM at a mile high is gonna be hell on Defenses...IMHO

lonestar
03-31-2012, 02:25 PM
I doubt with teh schedule we have and holes that are unfilled we will get to teh playoffs as we speak..

Now having a draft like the last two years with straters coming out our ass that may change but was we speak that schedule is brutal.. IIRC the second toughest in the NFL..

TheChamp247
03-31-2012, 02:29 PM
I doubt with teh schedule we have and holes that are unfilled we will get to teh playoffs as we speak..

Now having a draft like the last two years with straters coming out our ass that may change but was we speak that schedule is brutal.. IIRC the second toughest in the NFL..

I really hope your just really hungover...

Jay3
03-31-2012, 02:38 PM
I dont understand any of this. In the few days leading up to and after signing manning this place was sky high with enthusiasm and expectations for the season. Now everyone is agreeing with Skip who is just pissed at denver for trading his boy. I loved Tebow, but i love the Broncos more and peyton definiately gives us a better chance at winning. I fail to see or understand how adding peyton makes our team worse than last year? we hardly lost any free agents, eddie royal/brodrick bunkely are the two biggest (not taking into account dawkins and his decision yet, but i have high hopes for carter and moore in the first place) So to my point, how is any part of this team going to be worse this year than last year with really only additions of superstar talent. Manning at 80% gives us a better chance to win than tebow at 100% thats just science. And also to that home field advantage point, i think manning and his style of 'strech the field' and hurry up offense in our altitude slowly brings back the dominance we saw at home under elway and his ability to strech the field.

For one thing, 8-8 won't necessarily win the division in a given year. Yes, they won't start the year with a human dumpster fire at quarterback, so they have a chance to improve on that 1-4 start, but I can't shake the feeling that the O-line is a problem that will keep blowing up in little ways all year.

The only way to combat Peyton is to get at him as soon as possible (play is over, one way or another). When defenses start really hammering down on ways to break down the protection, I'm not sure the line can do it.

OBF1
03-31-2012, 02:41 PM
If Denver fails to pick up impact players at RB, DT, LB and Safety, there will be no playoffs, IMO.

WOW... So Tebow made that much of a difference??? So many of you are going to be so sorry you bad mouthed him and wanted him to leave town.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-31-2012, 02:52 PM
WOW... So Tebow made that much of a difference??? So many of you are going to be so sorry you bad mouthed him and wanted him to leave town.

About as sorry as bad mouthing you bozo

TheChamp247
03-31-2012, 02:53 PM
For one thing, 8-8 won't necessarily win the division in a given year. Yes, they won't start the year with a human dumpster fire at quarterback, so they have a chance to improve on that 1-4 start, but I can't shake the feeling that the O-line is a problem that will keep blowing up in little ways all year.

The only way to combat Peyton is to get at him as soon as possible (play is over, one way or another). When defenses start really hammering down on ways to break down the protection, I'm not sure the line can do it.

I fully agree...8-8 will be lucky to get you 3rd in this division this year. However that brings me to my point, i cant see us having meltdowns like last year (oakland, buffalo, KC, TEN) granted we have a more difficult scheldule this year, but with the talent added there is no way we are a worse team this year. if anything the talent added as built us up to at least be 'competitive' with our scheldule. add that in and take out the 4 meltdowns i said above and that 8-8 team is now a 12-4 team. Losses to saints, chargers, ravens and patriots. Is that overly hopeful? yes, but i fail to see a reason to not be optimistic, you could give mulitple arguements that we could loose to PIT, HOU, and ATL, but even then thats 9-7 for us, which is still an imporvement. There are no other teams on the scheldule we 'should' loose to, and the same arguements you could make for us loosing to those three teams you could make for us beating NO, SD, BAL, and NE. I just dont see the reason to not be optimistic. **** hasnt hit the fan yet, lets enjoy it, its been rare for us. (fingers crossed) Also if the O line could protect tebow long enough for him to get the ball out (most notably against PIT), manning should be just fine back there. Plus i think everyone is forgetting a very key point as well. This years broncos will actually have an offseason to work out together, last years didnt and look where we got. just sayin...

Rohirrim
03-31-2012, 02:54 PM
I think Bayless should go ahead with the sex change operation.

NUB
03-31-2012, 02:55 PM

You don't go from 7-24 to the playoffs by sheer coincidence.

The lack of the running-threat from Tebow is, in my opinion, a huge loss. The option-runs augmented the running game and unless Denver does something to replace him people are going to be mighty surprised when the ground-game is not remotely the same next season. Denver also lost a guy who was an automatic-TD when near the goalline. They also just lost a mobile guy in general which is good when the passblocking is shaky.

All that said, I don't think Denver is a good team. It was not a good team with Tebow in there, but he had enough playmaking ability to get it done against a weak-schedule and in a weak-division. This year? Not so much. The Chiefs look much stronger and Denver's schedule -- as of right now -- is definitely much tougher. Denver has glaring defensive issues that were exploited badly a number of times last year; and both the pass and run-blocking of the offensive line was alleviated by Tebow's more peculiar abilities that won't be replicated in Manning (who, instead, has a much faster release).

I understood that Tebow would be gone, but Manning is not the man to replace him. I think it's a terrible matching that had no business being made. But here we are. I'm giddy to see what Denver does in the draft.

DBroncos4life
03-31-2012, 03:08 PM
No chance in hell Manning doesn't lead us to the playoffs. ZERO you know the odds you guts gave Denver of landing Manning in the first place.

barryr
03-31-2012, 03:22 PM

The lack of the running-threat from Tebow is, in my opinion, a huge loss. The option-runs augmented the running game and unless Denver does something to replace him people are going to be mighty surprised when the ground-game is not remotely the same next season. Denver also lost a guy who was an automatic-TD when near the goalline. They also just lost a mobile guy in general which is good when the passblocking is shaky.

All that said, I don't think Denver is a good team. It was not a good team with Tebow in there, but he had enough playmaking ability to get it done against a weak-schedule and in a weak-division. This year? Not so much. The Chiefs look much stronger and Denver's schedule -- as of right now -- is definitely much tougher. Denver has glaring defensive issues that were exploited badly a number of times last year; and both the pass and run-blocking of the offensive line was alleviated by Tebow's more peculiar abilities that won't be replicated in Manning (who, instead, has a much faster release).

I understood that Tebow would be gone, but Manning is not the man to replace him. I think it's a terrible matching that had no business being made. But here we are. I'm giddy to see what Denver does in the draft.

I think the Broncos not only need help at DT and LB, but RB and WR could use some more help too IMO.

ChrisToker
03-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Skippy Brainless > Tim-may Tebow. I really hate the die hard Tebow fans that have no respect for the game. For every 4th QTR comeback a "casual fan" aka Tebow brainwashed fan see's, any other football fan grounded in reality would point out ANY other QB would have put the other team away in the other 55 minutes of the game.

I'd like to give a shout out to future Pro Bowl WR Eric Decker. Now that we have a QB that can actually "Pull the trigger" to open receivers. That kid is going to be a monster for us not only pass plays but he can block.

FireFly
03-31-2012, 03:30 PM
Alright! So we're going to the playoffs!!! :strong::egbgb:

Miss I.
03-31-2012, 03:36 PM
Alright! So we're going to the playoffs!!! :strong::egbgb:

Can someone get Bob to say we will NOT win the Superbowl too because that would be a done deal then. ;D

Jason7730
03-31-2012, 03:45 PM
I laugh at the people that say say our (so-called) pass blocking deficiencies were alleviated by Tebow's abilities. Imagine being offensive lineman in trying to pass block for a guy that scrambles around forever and sometimes run 20 yds. backwards. I think it's great that we will have Manning back there and he is the man to replace Tebow. Manning will not sit back in the pocket all day, the ball will be out. If we run the no huddle, at our altitude, defenses will be gasping for breath. Especially in the second half. I think it's a great fit, and I can't wait to see it in action! Go Broncos!!

Agamemnon
03-31-2012, 03:47 PM
Better than the odds for all but about 6 or so other teams.

Err...no.

Patriots
Ravens
Steelers
Texans
Chargers
Giants
Packers
Saints
49ers
Lions

That's ten teams that clearly have a better chance, with a dozen or so who are roughly equal to us in terms of Super Bowl appearance likelihood.

The homer in you is strong.

Agamemnon
03-31-2012, 03:49 PM
I think the Broncos not only need help at DT and LB, but RB and WR could use some more help too IMO.

They also suck at S, C, and one G slot, but whatever. Weez goin too da Supa Boll!!!

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Err...no.

Patriots
Ravens
Steelers
Texans
Chargers
Giants
Packers
Saints
49ers
Lions

That's eight teams that clearly have a better chance, with a dozen or so who are roughly equal to us in terms of Super Bowl appearance likelihood.

Considering half those teams are in the NFC, they don't even count for odds of broncos making it to the Super Bowl. Only have to worry about AFC teams. And that's 5 teams.

Punisher
03-31-2012, 03:56 PM
We have the 2nd hardest Schedule that can actually work to are advanced, by playing high quality teams almost every week our team quality will raise up.

broncogary
03-31-2012, 04:00 PM
We have the 2nd hardest Schedule that can actually work to are advanced, by playing high quality teams almost every week our team quality will raise up.

Most positive post ever by Punisher. :notworthy

Gort
03-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Better than the odds for all but about 6 or so other teams. And our odds are now one hell of a lot higher than they were just two weeks ago!

the NFL has fooked us with the schedule. the Broncos are not a 10-win team with the current roster and this schedule

@ CIN
HOU
PIT
@ BAL - that's 3 times in 4 years we had to play them @ BAL!!!
KC, @ KC
OAK, @ OAK
SD, @ SD
CLE
@ NE
NO
@ ATL
TB
@ CAR

i count 7 potentially tough non-division games, and 6 division games that can go either way. the only real patsies on the schedule right now appear to be CLE, TB, and @ CAR.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-31-2012, 04:06 PM
I see Houston NO Cin and Atl falling back to earth. They just need to take care of business in their own division. They NEED to sweep SD.

Agamemnon
03-31-2012, 04:11 PM
Considering half those teams are in the NFC, they don't even count for odds of broncos making it to the Super Bowl. Only have to worry about AFC teams. And that's 5 teams.

Not exactly what you said originally, but okay. Though that is a list of five teams clearly more likely to go to the Super Bowl. There's another list of teams that have roughly the same chance as us (two of which are in our division by the way). So again, it's more than just six teams in our way.

Agamemnon
03-31-2012, 04:12 PM
the NFL has fooked us with the schedule. the Broncos are not a 10-win team with the current roster and this schedule

@ CIN
HOU
PIT
@ BAL - that's 3 times in 4 years we had to play them @ BAL!!!
KC, @ KC
OAK, @ OAK
SD, @ SD
CLE
@ NE
NO
@ ATL
TB
@ CAR

i count 7 potentially tough non-division games, and 6 division games that can go either way. the only real patsies on the schedule right now appear to be CLE, TB, and @ CAR.

With our defense I don't really see Carolina as a patsy.

And seriously, that schedule is a nightmare. Yet people think we are going to go 12-4 because we got Manning. Good lord.

Agamemnon
03-31-2012, 04:14 PM
I see Houston NO Cin and Atl falling back to earth. They just need to take care of business in their own division. They NEED to sweep SD.

Those teams can fall back to earth all the want. Doesn't change that they all have more talented rosters than the Broncos.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-31-2012, 05:03 PM
Not exactly what you said originally, but okay. Though that is a list of five teams clearly more likely to go to the Super Bowl. There's another list of teams that have roughly the same chance as us (two of which are in our division by the way). So again, it's more than just six teams in our way.

I didn't say it originally. That was someone else.

McDman
03-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Vegas putting us at 12-1 odds this year to this point, obviously are stupid. You should take your hitherto unknown pro NFL savvy to Sin City, and clean up!

Let him pout. He's not over his boy leaving yet.

milehighJC
03-31-2012, 05:33 PM
I guess I must have been on a hell of drunk, or slept for a month. Last time I looked, we haven't even done the draft yet. Could someone let me know who we got? Or maybe the NFL just decided that all the teams will stand pat between now and next year. No personnel moves between now and the start of the season, we can just play em as we got em.

On what grounds could Bayless predict the end of the season already? Maybe he could predict what Denver would have done had we NOT landed Manning, and kept Tebow? It would be a completely useless stupid meaningless prediction, but its about as valid as predicting a first round out on the first day of April. Or maybe Bayless really is a seer???

Hope Skip doesn't mind if we go ahead and play the season anyway... I would still like to know how it really ends :wiggle:

jc

Jay3
03-31-2012, 06:21 PM
I laugh at the people that say say our (so-called) pass blocking deficiencies were alleviated by Tebow's abilities. Imagine being offensive lineman in trying to pass block for a guy that scrambles around forever and sometimes run 20 yds. backwards. I think it's great that we will have Manning back there and he is the man to replace Tebow. Manning will not sit back in the pocket all day, the ball will be out. If we run the no huddle, at our altitude, defenses will be gasping for breath. Especially in the second half. I think it's a great fit, and I can't wait to see it in action! Go Broncos!!

It doesn't make their job easier to hold a block longer, but the "mush rush" contain on Tebow masked whether this line could really hold up with a full on speed rush, bull rush, and complex blitz package. Teams quit that against Tebow and did soft contain.

The Patriots didn't, though. Their gameplan was clearly to exploit the O-line and get straight upfield, in the backfield, and hit Tebow. The O-line looked helpless out there.

SJ Bronco
03-31-2012, 06:32 PM
We made quite a few SB with less talented teams, and so have other teams. Hell, the dolphins built a franchise around two mediocre teams in the 70's. I don't see why there are people here that thinks the Broncos got so much worse, while all the other teams on our schedule stayed the same or got better. Most defenses have better DT's and LB, but we still have a lot of good talent on defense. If we had every piece we would never get under the cap. No team is solid at every position. Some teams lost some major pieces (IE San Diego and N.O.) and some teams did nothing at all. I don't understand how people look at our schedule and think it's a done deal that it will be tough. I see MAYBE 5 games that we will be underdogs in, and 5 more that are winnable but tough. You convert 3 of those and 2 of the latter and maybe drop one you shouldn't and your 10-6. worst case, you boot it miserably and you are 9-7, best case 12-4, either way, no one knows for sure and it's all guess work, and like someone said, the off-season isn't even half over yet.

kappys
03-31-2012, 06:54 PM
Outside of Zane Beadles at LG and both our starting DT's we really have a pretty reasonable starting line-up at most other positions.

If we can address the above then we are in a good position barring injuries. Teams like the Broncos simply don't have the advantage of depth which is something that only comes with quality drafting year in year out. That said I see no reason why a healthy Broncos team next year can't lay the hurt down on everyone else.

errand
03-31-2012, 07:08 PM
The silver lining benefit of Tebow no long working here is to feel free again to call Skip Bayless the loudmouth utter moron he truly is without dissing on our guy....

you don't think that skip's comments had anything to do with defending that other guy that we just traded?

he is one of Tebow's biggest fans....... his prediction was just him taking a shot of the broncos, particularly Elway..... because he believes signing peyton manning and trading tim tebow was a mistake.

NFLBRONCO
03-31-2012, 07:09 PM
With our defense I don't really see Carolina as a patsy.

And seriously, that schedule is a nightmare. Yet people think we are going to go 12-4 because we got Manning. Good lord.

I love we landed Manning but, don't see better then 10-6 in 2012.

errand
03-31-2012, 07:37 PM

Add in that Peyton owns the Texans like Elway owned the Patriots.........that leaves only four.

MplsBronco
03-31-2012, 07:49 PM

I've never been sky high about this move. In fact, I've thought it a mistake from the outset.

All those on here hyping the "most coveted free agent ever" talk about Manning as if he were still 28 years old. We gave away our future for a 2-3 year window with a rent-a-QB. When Manning retires with nothing to show for it in a Bronco uniform, ppl will finally realize the mistake made. But at that point we will be staring at another ground zero rebuild scenario.

KO5K
03-31-2012, 07:52 PM
Add in that Peyton owns the Texans like Elway owned the Patriots.........that leaves only four.

Maybe you should worry about the Chargers and Rivers who routinely beat down Manning instead of assuming we've got the West locked up already.

Requiem
03-31-2012, 07:52 PM
I predict Skip Bayless will have AIDS by 2017.

MplsBronco
03-31-2012, 07:54 PM

Good points on the run game. The run game was garbage in 2010 and will return to mediocrity in 2012. The o-line is also sketchy in pass protection. Mannning can slide in the pocket but he can't scramble. Its going to be embarrassing when this doesn't work out.

Jay3
03-31-2012, 08:19 PM
I predict Skip Bayless will have AIDS by 2017.

Riddled with full-blown AIDS?

Requiem
03-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Riddled with full-blown AIDS?

I heard he hugged Magic Johnson.

cmhargrove
03-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Predicting the end of next season before we have even had the draft, training camps, and the preseason is just worthless. Unless you are trying to place a long shot bet, what does this type of worthless conjecture even have to offer?

Holy ****, we have as good of a chance as anybody. The Giants were a pretty mediocre team at the beginning of last year, and just hit full stride a few games before the playoffs. Who would have called the Packers to lose their first playoff game, and us win?

Way, way too early to figure out any of this, and I can't believe that so many around here are so pessimistic about a new team and new staff that we haven't even seen operate yet. I expect to have a blast this next season, and I fully expect this team to make the playoffs. Whether they make a serious run is just too far away to guess. If Manning returns to his old form, we are going to have a lot of mea culpas around here.

Tombstone RJ
03-31-2012, 08:44 PM

Vegas disagrees moron.

Broncos4tw
03-31-2012, 08:55 PM
The lack of the running-threat from Tebow is, in my opinion, a huge loss.

It's amazing what the effect of an actual passing threat can do for ones running game. You know.. the way actual winning teams get it done. Your "solution" of having a QB who plays FB instead is not a good one, no matter how strong your man-crush on Tebow was. Running game will be fine. Play action will actually work, since the QB is an ACTUAL threat to toss the ball.

Our RB will be just as capable of getting a 1k season under Manning as he was under Tebow. And that's plenty enough to get the job done.

*WARHORSE*
03-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Warhorse prediction: Skip Bayless will herniate his vocal chords when Denver wins the superbowl.

errand
03-31-2012, 10:09 PM
Maybe you should worry about the Chargers and Rivers who routinely beat down Manning instead of assuming we've got the West locked up already.

I haven't assumed anything clown.....but if we can win the division with a guy that can't throw that well, I'll take our chances on winning it with one of the best passers of all time running the offense.

Dedhed
03-31-2012, 10:25 PM
I haven't assumed anything clown.....but if we can win the division with a guy that can't throw that well, I'll take our chances on winning it with one of the best passers of all time running the offense.

Wow, errand finally made a point. Not the one he intended, but bass ackwards. The point you've made, is that the Broncos HAVE to win the division and win in the playoffs otherwise there will be a media firestorm to deal with.

If the scenario you outline above does not come to fruition, Elway and Co will be raked and come out looking foolish. No one's mentioned this that I've seen, but there is a huge amount of pressure on Manning, and the rest of the team to surpass this year's result.

baja
03-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Wow, errand finally made a point. Not the one he intended, but bass ackwards. The point you've made, is that the Broncos HAVE to win the division and win in the playoffs otherwise there will be a media firestorm to deal with.

If the scenario you outline above does not come to fruition, Elway and Co will be raked and come out looking foolish. No one's mentioned this that I've seen, but there is a huge amount of pressure on Manning, and the rest of the team to surpass this year's result.

Really there must be a hundred posts pointing this out.

Dedhed
03-31-2012, 10:35 PM
Really there must be a hundred posts pointing this out.

I was referring specifically to pressure felt within the locker room, not to the FO stuff that's been bantered about ad nauseum.

baja
03-31-2012, 10:37 PM
I was referring specifically to pressure felt within the locker room, not to the FO stuff that's been bantered about ad nauseum.

Oh/

Bacchus
03-31-2012, 10:55 PM

No, I think he was getting at Marcus Thomas and Bunkly leaving town and DJ being suspended. We filled Tebow's position if you haven't noticed.

Bacchus
03-31-2012, 10:57 PM
Warhorse prediction: Skip Bayless will herniate his vocal chords when Denver wins the superbowl.

He will have Tebow jizz for his strained vocal cords.

Hulamau
04-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Err...no.

Patriots
Ravens
Steelers
Texans
Chargers
Giants
Packers
Saints
49ers
Lions

That's ten teams that clearly have a better chance, with a dozen or so who are roughly equal to us in terms of Super Bowl appearance likelihood.

Nope.. no excess homerism needed here ... I know you think we're doomed now that Timmy is taking his shtick to NYC, but we are in very good hands and in any event I was talking about our odds of MAKING it to the SB this year... we are in the AFC so I said only six other teams had equal or better odds of to make it to the dance ahead of us .. implying from our conference.

Our odds to win it all this year are a bit longer no doubt ... and scratch the Chargers ... with our improving D and now Manning pulling hte trigger the Chuggers will quickly finsih their decent to a comfortable battle for second, third and fourth place with either KC of Chokeland.

Agamemnon
04-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Nope.. no excess homerism needed here ... I know you think we're doomed now that Timmy is taking his shtick to NYC, but we are in very good hands and in any event I was talking about our odds of MAKING it to the SB this year... we are in the AFC so I said only six other teams had equal or better odds of to make it to the dance ahead of us .. implying from our conference.

Our odds to win it all this year are a bit longer no doubt ... and scratch the Chargers ... with our improving D and now Manning pulling hte trigger the Chuggers will quickly finsih their decent to a comfortable battle for second, third and fourth place with either KC of Chokeland.

No, we are doomed because DT to MLB to S, the middle of our defense is as soft as butter on a warm summer day.

TheChamp247
04-01-2012, 05:07 AM
I've never been sky high about this move. In fact, I've thought it a mistake from the outset.

All those on here hyping the "most coveted free agent ever" talk about Manning as if he were still 28 years old. We gave away our future for a 2-3 year window with a rent-a-QB. When Manning retires with nothing to show for it in a Bronco uniform, ppl will finally realize the mistake made. But at that point we will be staring at another ground zero rebuild scenario.

I do agree with that, given his age and injury he should not be given that title, 2-3 years ago i could see that but not now. However my point is manning was the best decision and gives us the best chance to win now. I loved Tebow, but you cant argue him over Manning.

The other FA options were more of a 'Kevin Kolb' scenario (i.e. Matt Flynn) at least with Manning, he's proven, he may not be what he was but itll be enough. Also given our current draft position it was either sell the barn and try to get RGIII like washington or try to groom an average QB out of college to be, well, average.

Manning is smart, he'll know what he can and cant get away with with his injury and not push it to far. Elway wants to win now, weve been average at best over the past decade and the football life in Denver has been shot to hell. Id gladly have a team that dominates the AFC West for the next 2...maybe 3 years rather than suffer through yet another QB debacal (i.e. Greise, Kannel, Plummer, Cutler, Orton...) At least now we have someone we can build around and not throw something together last minute...barring injury...

Bright side here for the nay sayers to Manning is we're not pulling an Al Davis. Everyone wants us to sign every FA avaliabe, which with the new CBA is where all the money is now. I see EFX taking what they could get for a good price this FA period and waiting for the draft to actually build a young team. This way 2-3 years from now when Manning is sitting up in the booth we actually have a young solid team to draft a QB into. I see it as a good mix of both bringing in veterans to win now and trying to bring in high quality draft picks, but really that could all go to hell if we draft like Hellen Keller this year. I choose to be optimistic until proven otherwise.

cutthemdown
04-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Making predictions this early is BS.

CEH
04-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Winning the division is a must. Anything less is a failure. A home playoff game would be the minimum for Manning in year one. A #1 or #2 seed would win Elway exec of the year. Year two the expectations rise for sure

If the Denver D is gashed on the ground like all the messagebaord GMs think it will be, than Elway would have alot of 'splainin to do. I doubt that will be the case. This D will rock this year if it can stay healthy for all the key players.

The weather will play a far more imporant role in the playoffs than any DTs we could have signed or drafted this year.

peacepipe
04-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Good points on the run game. The run game was garbage in 2010 and will return to mediocrity in 2012. The o-line is also sketchy in pass protection. Mannning can slide in the pocket but he can't scramble. Its going to be embarrassing when this doesn't work out.

the oline will be fine,PM isn't known for holding the ball too long.

lonestar
04-01-2012, 12:24 PM
I really hope your just really hungover...

Typed it on an iphone with fat fingers....

sometimes it does not come out the way it was meant..

lonestar
04-01-2012, 12:37 PM
No chance in hell Manning doesn't lead us to the playoffs. ZERO you know the odds you guts gave Denver of landing Manning in the first place.

Guess you missed seeing what the upcoming schedule is..IIRC the 2nd hardest schedule in the NFL next year..

HOME AWAY
Kansas City Chiefs Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers San Diego Chargers
Cleveland Browns Baltimore Ravens
Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Bengals
Houston Texans New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints Atlanta Falcons
Tampa Bay Bucs Carolina Panthers

2011 playoff teams

not to mention playing SAN and KC twice both of with are tough team with KC having a great coach and SAN having loads of talent with a lousy coach..

God only knows what is going to happen in OAK after aldavis died could break out or crumble..

CAR has a stud QB that can beat you with arms or legs.
TPA is not a slouch

The only weak sister on that schedule is CLE..

Unless something unexpected happens with a couple of those teams 6-10 is not going to get us in the playoffs..

barryr
04-01-2012, 12:41 PM
The Broncos have more work to do if they even just want to make the playoffs. If McGahee goes down, and is not a young RB anymore, they are screwed since not much behind him right now. If Thomas or Decker go down, and both have had injury problems already, then they are screwed since not much behind them either. They have much work to do on defense, especially at DT and need Irving or somebody to emerge as a legit MLB.

NFLBRONCO
04-01-2012, 12:59 PM
The Broncos have more work to do if they even just want to make the playoffs. If McGahee goes down, and is not a young RB anymore, they are screwed since not much behind him right now. If Thomas or Decker go down, and both have had injury problems already, then they are screwed since not much behind them either. They have much work to do on defense, especially at DT and need Irving or somebody to emerge as a legit MLB.

Agree 100%

lostknight
04-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Anything less then a AFC championship berth is bunk, given the off-season moves this team has made.

TheChamp247
04-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Typed it on an iphone with fat fingers....

sometimes it does not come out the way it was meant..

lol well in that case impressive, i can barely text anything right. autocorrect f**** me everytime.

lonestar
04-01-2012, 07:10 PM
lol well in that case impressive, i can barely text anything right. autocorrect ***** me everytime.

only wishing the auto text woudl fix some of the stuff.

I told myslef long ago that I'm not trying to impress folks on the forum with spelling..

I gave up almost when I got my iPhone.. I also ahve a tough time on my iPad mostly because the damned screen turns on me all the time...

I rarely get more than a few minutes on my iMac daily just enough to get thru my email and bill paying..

To busy with other stuff..

Retirement is a bitch about the only time I'm on any forum anymore is when I'm taking a dump, waiting for planes, doctors or at stop lights..

TheChamp247
04-01-2012, 09:41 PM
only wishing the auto text woudl fix some of the stuff.

I told myslef long ago that I'm not trying to impress folks on the forum with spelling..

I gave up almost when I got my iPhone.. I also ahve a tough time on my iPad mostly because the damned screen turns on me all the time...

I rarely get more than a few minutes on my iMac daily just enough to get thru my email and bill paying..

To busy with other stuff..

Retirement is a b**** about the only time I'm on any forum anymore is when I'm taking a dump, waiting for planes, doctors or at stop lights..

Those have been proven to be the locations where the best ideas come from

Bacchus
04-01-2012, 10:07 PM
To me it doesn't matter what Denver's record is this year if they get a SB win before Manning retires. If Denver goes 8-8 this year but is ready to make a SB run next year that is fine with me. The team might not jell quickly this year.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
04-02-2012, 01:29 AM
we get to the playoffs lose to the pats second round or afc championship maybe.
i got a good track record of being wrong btw so be happy with what im predicting