PDA

View Full Version : Updated Projected Depth Chart - 3/31/12

montrose
03-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Offense
QB: Peyton Manning, Caleb Hanie, Adam Weber
RB: Willis McGahee, Knowshon Moreno, Lance Ball, Jeremiah Johnson, Mario Fanin, Xavier Omon, Austin Sylvester [FB]
WR: Demaryius Thomas, D'Andre Goodwin, Mark Dell
WR: Eric Decker, Jason Hill, Tim Toone
WR: Bubba Caldwell, Matt Willis, Greg Orton, Tyler Grisham
TE: Jacob Tamme, Joel Dreessen, Julius Thomas, Cornelius Ingram
LT: Ryan Clady, Chris Clark, Tony Hills
LG: Zane Beadles
C: JD Walton, Manny Ramirez
RG: Chris Kuper, CJ Davis
RT: Orlando Franklin, Ryan Harris, Adam Grant

Defense
DE: Robert Ayers, Jeremy Beal
DT: Kevin Vickerson, Jeremy Jarmon
DT: Ty Warren, Mitch Unrein, Sealver Siliga
DE: Elvis Dumevil, Jason Hunter
WLB: Wesley Woodyard
MLB: Joe Mays, Nate Irving, Brian Iwuh
SLB: Von Miller, Mike Mohamed, Cyril Obiozor
CB: Champ Bailey, Chris Harris, Cassius Vaughn, Joshua Moore
FS: Michael Adams, Rahim Moore, Rafael Bush
SS: Quinton Carter, David Bruton
CB: Tracy Porter, Andre Goodman, Syd'Quan Thompson, Tony Carter, Ramzee Robinson

Special Teams
K: ** Matt Prater
P: Britton Colquitt
DS: Lonie Paxton

Suspended
TE Virgil Green - 4 games
*DT Ryan McBean - 4 games
WLB DJ Williams - 6 games

* Tendered RFA, yet to sign
** Franchise Tagged

barryr
03-31-2012, 10:16 AM
The overall DT, LB, and CB spots sure look bad. Too many that are not NFL quality.

Kaylore
03-31-2012, 10:24 AM
I hope we keep Adam Weber on the team so he can push Manning to play harder.

Rohirrim
03-31-2012, 10:27 AM
Damn! And I was worried about DT. I forgot all about Sealver Siliga!

WTF is Sealver Siliga? I thought Jeremy Jarmon was cut?

Bmore Manning
03-31-2012, 10:27 AM
That's not a great looking roster...

bowtown
03-31-2012, 10:28 AM
I hope we keep Adam Weber on the team so he can push Manning to play harder.

Normally I'd agree with you, but I'd be worried about Peyton re-injuring his neck from constantly looking over his shoulder.

Gort
03-31-2012, 10:39 AM
back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back Lombardis!

wait.

what?

55CrushEm
03-31-2012, 10:53 AM
The overall DT, LB, and CB spots sure look bad. Too many that are not NFL quality.

Yeah, but Manning will make the defense better. So good, in fact, that we don't need to worry at all, cause we're gonna score 35+ per game.

::)

Baba Booey
03-31-2012, 10:58 AM
That's not a great looking roster...

It's much better than last year's team and we haven't even drafted yet.

Bmore Manning
03-31-2012, 11:04 AM
It's much better than last year's team and we haven't even drafted yet.

It looks very similar, just add Manning and the TE's and Porter on D. Call me crazy, but Denver had an easier schedule at the end of last season, have u seen this years?

lonestar
03-31-2012, 11:15 AM
Quick look at OG and maybe OC. not sure going into teh season with 3 OG one os=f which is coming off of season ending injury and surgery is wise..

I like Beadles and think he will be a long term starter/player where he is at after getting jacked around at ALL spots on the oline save center in his rookie year.. BUlking him up and another years experience should make a big difference for him and Walton..

But if there is any issue about Kuper we could be screwed.

DT yep lets hope they use number 25 to get the BPA @DT.. then maybe even again in the third round..

snowspot66
03-31-2012, 11:41 AM
It looks very similar, just add Manning and the TE's and Porter on D. Call me crazy, but Denver had an easier schedule at the end of last season, have u seen this years?

We say that every year.

Baba Booey
03-31-2012, 11:45 AM

And Adams (much better than anything we had last year in pass coverage), and a (hopefully) healthy Ty Warren.

Again, this is before we even take in any rookies.

Tombstone RJ
03-31-2012, 11:46 AM
anxiously awaiting the draft...

winstoncup bronco
03-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Still don't see how that even remotely resembles a Super Bowl caliber roster, and I doubt the draft moves the needle that much for this year.

razorwire77
03-31-2012, 11:53 AM
The combination of Vickerson and Warren anchoring the line with undersized Wesley Woodyard at Will and Joe "Whiff in space Mays" behind them is scary.

Dedhed
03-31-2012, 12:03 PM

Vomit worthy.

barryr
03-31-2012, 12:26 PM

Vomit worthy.

It is even worse than what Shanahan trotted out there.

Dexter
03-31-2012, 12:32 PM
It is even worse than what Shanahan trotted out there.

No. Way. Its pretty freaking bad, but not THAT bad.

RaiderH8r
03-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Grab London Fletcher, mulligan Joe Mays, grab Amobi Okoye, draft DT at 25 and snag Turbin in the 3rd. Fill in BPA after that with a focus on secondary and DT.

barryr
03-31-2012, 12:41 PM
No. Way. Its pretty freaking bad, but not THAT bad.

Well, crap and crud, I guess there isn't much of a difference. But the projected 2 starters both missed all last season, one is a journeyman type and the other hasn't played much the last 2 years and the backups should be doing something else for a living. That doesn't cut it for any team in the NFL, much less one that realistically wants to compete for a Super Bowl.

Hamrob
03-31-2012, 01:49 PM
If we get a DT, CB, LB, RB worth a turd in the draft...then our roster will be much improved.

I like the fact that we have Harris back on the team. We could easily more Fraklin to guard and have Beadles for depth.

We need to get three potential starters out of this draft and some guys who can be developed over the next year or two. Here's how I see it:

1 - Brockers, Cox, or Still
2 - Mychal Kendricks, Doug Martin, David Wilson, Chase Minifield
3 - Keenan Robinson, Jamell Flemming, Billy Winn
4 - Osweiler, Foles, Travis Lewis,

They could take any 3-4 of these guys...and instantly, our roster has improved.

lonestar
03-31-2012, 01:52 PM
The combination of Vickerson and Warren anchoring the line with undersized Wesley Woodyard at Will and Joe "Whiff in space Mays" behind them is scary.

I was surprised to see that mays was one of the highest rated LB last year..

I thought much the same thing you did..

I agree about the others..

I have alway been a Woodyard fan after seeing him at the combine, thought he was a sure fire SS, because at 220 (maybe) as a LB just is not going to hold up long term.. being off the LOS a few yards at SS would keep most OL guys off of him in space.. Being right behind the DL he is going to get beat up more.

lonestar
03-31-2012, 01:59 PM
If we get a DT, CB, LB, RB worth a turd in the draft...then our roster will be much improved.

I like the fact that we have Harris back on the team. We could easily more Fraklin to guard and have Beadles for depth.

We need to get three potential starters out of this draft and some guys who can be developed over the next year or two. Here's how I see it:

1 - Brockers, Cox, or Still
2 - Mychal Kendricks, Doug Martin, David Wilson, Chase Minifield
3 - Keenan Robinson, Jamell Flemming, Billy Winn
4 - Osweiler, Foles, Travis Lewis,

They could take any 3-4 of these guys...and instantly, our roster has improved.

I'll say it again.. Harris is a part-time starter at best as his long-term record shows.. hovering at about 54% of the games he started in his career..

HE would be best as a backup to Franklin if they go down for more thana few plays..

the reason I say that is WHEN he goes down as a starter then your juggling Franklin back out and Beadles back in thus screwing up continuity for Clady-Walton spots and then Kuper-TE spots.. thus affecting trust issues of those other starters..

The longer players are next to each other the less the hesitation there is when the D throws something extra at you.. It becomes automatic opposed to a slight hesitation that the D will beat every time..

That is how a former ORG sees it.. .

Bmore Manning
03-31-2012, 02:08 PM
I was going to ask you guys how you felt about the OLine.. I was thinking draft a RT @25.. Put Franklin at LG, so take Martin/Adams or Zerbie Sanders in the third?

lonestar
03-31-2012, 02:23 PM
I was going to ask you guys how you felt about the OLine.. I was thinking draft a RT @25.. Put Franklin at LG, so take Martin/Adams or Zerbie Sanders in the third?

Ovberall the OL is pretty decent. allowed a lot of sacks last year, but most think htat is becasue tebow was holding the ball to long..

We will see if that is true with quick draw Manning behind center..

The OL is heads over what it was before Josh added beef to it, however still has some room to grow though..

I think with another season behind them and IF Kuper comes back at where he left off htat things will be better this year..

Having Saturday as his center would have made MAnning more comfortable..

This is a VERY young OL with Kuper a IIRC 6 year man being teh old man.. and Cladt coming in the 08 draft being next.

Tryng to rebuild tthe oL in a couple of years means continutiy issues.. they have to trust each other and you build that trust with reps year after year..

I think with OTA's and coaching as well as wieght training they will be much imporved this year over last..

ward63
03-31-2012, 02:43 PM
We need to stop with this Franklin to LG talk. We all pretty much think that its a great idea, but there is no way the Broncos are going to do it.

broncolife
03-31-2012, 05:37 PM
My opinion on our priority of need.

1.DT
2.LB/RB
3.OL/WR
4.secondary depth
5.qb

KevinJames
03-31-2012, 05:48 PM
the RB/CB/WR we pick up within the first 4 rounds it would be nice to be getting a dangerous return guy with that selection as well.

Needs
1. DT
2. RB | LB tied
3. CB depth
4. OL depth
5. speed WR

barryr
03-31-2012, 07:37 PM
the RB/CB/WR we pick up within the first 4 rounds it would be nice to be getting a dangerous return guy with that selection as well.

Needs
1. DT
2. RB | LB tied
3. CB depth
4. OL depth
5. speed WR

Yep, you have all the needs listed. I hope the Broncos see them too and can do something about them.

srphoenix
03-31-2012, 07:47 PM
its so awesome to look at the QB position on our depth chart and see Peyton Manning sitting there.

Requiem
03-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Sanders is going higher than the third you dickball.

Bmore Manning
04-01-2012, 07:03 AM
Sanders is going higher than the third you dickball.

Are you positive about that? I see him end of second to mid third round, he's a right tackle after all.. Dickball

Cito Pelon
04-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Looking at the bright side of this potential depth chart, we have a very experienced coaching staff that apparently has some belief in all those young guys (and there's a ton of players there that have 2-3-4 years or less).

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster.html

I counted them up a few days ago, and came up with this (with 70 players on the official roster):

53 players on the roster now with 4 yrs or less. 76%
43 with 3 yrs or less 61%
30 with 2 yrs or less 43%
20 with 1 yr or less 28%

If 5 of 7 draft picks stick, obviously the team gets even younger. I'm not sure how that stacks up against other teams in the league, but that's a young roster.

Obviously, E and F of the EFX triumvirate are building their vision of what they want the team to look like. And at least the F of the triumvirate has been around a long time and looking on the bright side one would think he knows how to build a team.