PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Leaf Arrested in Montana

Bacchus
03-31-2012, 03:48 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hSDz7rRfl4Q4coIPcWOA2EJAm9jQ?docId=aa54c91f6 1bc4e5aaff63f1e3ea2cba5

LOL....I just have one question, WTH is he doing living in Montana?!?!?!

Don't move back to your hometown and become a drug addicted thief!!

Taco John
03-31-2012, 04:30 AM
Sad.

BroncoBeavis
03-31-2012, 05:16 AM
Sounds like he brought it back home with him. This article has some more details.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/article/20120331/NEWS01/203310304

Jay3
03-31-2012, 05:26 AM
Searching for the right joke involving the word "bust."

BroncoBeavis
03-31-2012, 05:27 AM
Searching for the right joke involving the word "bust."

There are no wrong answers. Just let it flow.

SouthStndJunkie
03-31-2012, 05:53 AM
That kind of sucks....I'm rooting for him to turn it around and beat his addictions.

Jay3
03-31-2012, 05:55 AM
There are no wrong answers. Just let it flow.

Police described the arrest as the rare "bust bust."

Lycan
03-31-2012, 05:55 AM
A habitual screw-up, screwed up.

Color me shocked.

Punisher
03-31-2012, 06:17 AM
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rlCOs2D80Zg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bacchus
03-31-2012, 06:38 AM
Just think in 1998 Peyton and Leaf were #1 nd #2 in the NFL. My what different roads they have traveled.

Vegas_Bronco
03-31-2012, 06:50 AM
Just think in 1998 Peyton and Leaf were #1 nd #2 in the NFL. My what different roads they have traveled.

Id chalk this up to parenting...one was disciplined and the other...well...daddy dint care.

Lestat
03-31-2012, 09:06 AM
Id chalk this up to parenting...one was disciplined and the other...well...daddy dint care.

amazing though that so many NFL fans think Archie is too involved in his kids lives.
me personally, if the kid is upstanding as a individual and great at his craft then it doesn't matter how close they're to their parents.

razorwire77
03-31-2012, 09:27 AM
The guy's a drug addict, and has to live with the shame of being the biggest bust in NFL history. It's really sad at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if he's dead before 40.

Lestat
03-31-2012, 09:30 AM
The guy's a drug addict, and has to live with the shame of being the biggest bust in NFL history. It's really sad at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if he's dead before 40.

there are far worse busts and chief among them Jamarcus Russell.
now him having to live in the shadow of Manning sucks but it doesn't make him the worst bust.

Natedogg
03-31-2012, 09:30 AM
But we could of had Ed Reeeeeeed! :(

razorwire77
03-31-2012, 09:38 AM
there are far worse busts and chief among them Jamarcus Russell.
now him having to live in the shadow of Manning sucks but it doesn't make him the worst bust.

Name five worst busts in NFL history than Ryan Leaf. Russell and Leaf are basically 1a and 1b.

RaiderH8r
03-31-2012, 09:38 AM
I played against this guy in high school. He was all world talent then but an epic douche bag. His brother was a good athlete too but avoided being a elf important douche bag. Could have something to do,with the fact that he had everyone in his life tell I'm he could do no wrong. He was a meal ticket for a number of folks, even through his days at Wazzu. we all recognize everybody in the NFL is a damn good athlete and,it is brains and work ethic that tend to separate those who stay and those who fall out. Leaf never had to put in the extra 10% to stay ahead of the game because his natural talents put him there already. Sure he worked but he could cruise at times and still stay ahead. When criticism came and the extra work required he didn't know how to cope with it. Nobody deserves a drug addiction wished upon them but I can't say that this cliche he's become wasn't predictable 10 yrs ago.

Also Marginal Falls is the last place to go for recovery. That place sucks. You have to be drunk or high to spend more than 20 consecutive days in that place. Guy.

RaiderH8r
03-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Name five worst busts in NFL history than Ryan Leaf. Russell and Leaf are basically 1a and 1b.

Marinovich, Mandarich, Emtman, Kijana Carter, Jafatass, the Raiders, Carl Peterson (God bless his FAIL), Josh McDaniels (get herpes).

Taco John
03-31-2012, 09:47 AM
That kind of sucks....I'm rooting for him to turn it around and beat his addictions.

Honestly, he doesn't deserve people rooting for him, he's got such a long history of being a douche to people. It's hard for me not to feel a little sorry for such a talented guy throwing it all away for his impulses, but I went to school at the U of Idaho (right near WSU) and heard so many first hand stories of the guy treating people like they were subjects in his kingdom.

RaiderH8r
03-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Honestly, he doesn't deserve people rooting for him, he's got such a long history of being a douche to people. It's hard for me not to feel a little sorry for such a talented guy throwing it all away for his impulses, but I went to school at the U of Idaho (right near WSU) and heard so many first hand stories of the guy treating people like they were subjects in his kingdom.

Goes back to his dais at CMR high school n Marginal Falls. Dick.

Gort
03-31-2012, 09:51 AM

Tony Mandarich.
Brian Bosworth.
Matt Leinart.

there are others if you dig a bit. but you're right, Leaf is at or near the top.

BroncoBeavis
03-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Goes back to his dais at CMR high school n Marginal Falls. Dick.

Marginal Falls. Heh. Never heard that one.

RaiderH8r
03-31-2012, 09:55 AM
Tony Mandarich.
Brian Bosworth.
Matt Leinart.

there are others if you dig a bit. but you're right, Leaf is at or near the top.

How could I forget about the Boz? Jimmy Claussen is working himself into position too.

Don't get me wrong, Leaf's douchecockery and utter nosedive into failure makes him a top contender. He's just not undisputed at this point but a drug bust in MT certainly boosts his case.

RaiderH8r
03-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Marginal Falls. Heh. Never heard that one.

Marginal. At best.

55CrushEm
03-31-2012, 10:03 AM

Seriously. What are the odds that perhaps the greatest player of all time.....and one of the biggest busts of all time......CAME FROM THE SAME DRAFT....in back to back selections?

Rohirrim
03-31-2012, 10:38 AM
I was so inspired, I made him my new avatar for April.

Plus, I like to stick it to the Chargers. ;D

RaiderH8r
03-31-2012, 10:41 AM
I was so inspired, I made him my new avatar for April.

Plus, I like to stick it to the Chargers. ;D

:strong:

Lestat
03-31-2012, 10:55 AM

Jamarcus Russell,Blair Thomas,Ki-Jana Carter,Andre Ware,Steve Emtman,David Klingler,Rick Mirer,Eric Curry,Heath Shuler,Trev Alberts,Mike Mamula,Bryant Westbrook(97 draft),Andre Wadsworth,Curtis Ennis,Terry Fair,Marcus Nash,John Avery,Rashaan Salaam,Lawrence Phillips,Cedric Jones,Jim Druckenmiller,Tim Couch,Akili Smith,David Carr,Cade McNown,Andy Katzenmoyer,Dimitrus Underwood,Courtney Brown,Peter Warrick,Travis Taylor,Ron Dayne,Sylvester Morris,R Jay Soward,David Terrell,Rod Gardner,Willie Middlebrooks,Freddie Mitchell,Joey Harringron,Mike Williams(WR),Wendell Bryant,Willie Green,Jerramy Stevens,Charles Rogers,Reggie Williams,Matt Jones,Troy Williamson,Matt Leinart,Gaines Adams(RIP),Jamaal Anderson,Jarvis Moss,Brady Quinn,Vernon Gholston,Derrick Harvey,Aaron Maybin,Tony Mandarich(he was #2 pick, picks 1,3,4 & 5 are HOFers),Aundray Bruce,Ted Gregory,Alonzo Highsmith,Brian Bosworth,Art Schlichter,Todd Blackledge,Tony Eason,Todd Marinovich,Kenneth Sims,Johnie Cooks,Lam Jones,Curtis Dickey

baja
03-31-2012, 10:55 AM

This

with the parole violation he will probably serve his suspended sentence.

On the bright side he'll probably be great as a prison yard QB

Chris
03-31-2012, 11:01 AM
Police described the arrest as the rare "bust bust."

This bust was busted busting up the face of a busker with a busted ass small busted prostitute inside a busted up bus.

razorwire77
03-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Jamarcus Russell,Blair Thomas,Ki-Jana Carter,Andre Ware,Steve Emtman,David Klingler,Rick Mirer,Eric Curry,Heath Shuler,Trev Alberts,Mike Mamula,Bryant Westbrook(97 draft),Andre Wadsworth,Curtis Ennis,Terry Fair,Marcus Nash,John Avery,Rashaan Salaam,Lawrence Phillips,Cedric Jones,Jim Druckenmiller,Tim Couch,Akili Smith,David Carr,Cade McNown,Andy Katzenmoyer,Dimitrus Underwood,Courtney Brown,Peter Warrick,Travis Taylor,Ron Dayne,Sylvester Morris,R Jay Soward,David Terrell,Rod Gardner,Willie Middlebrooks,Freddie Mitchell,Joey Harringron,Mike Williams(WR),Wendell Bryant,Willie Green,Jerramy Stevens,Charles Rogers,Reggie Williams,Matt Jones,Troy Williamson,Matt Leinart,Gaines Adams(RIP),Jamaal Anderson,Jarvis Moss,Brady Quinn,Vernon Gholston,Derrick Harvey,Aaron Maybin,Tony Mandarich(he was #2 pick, picks 1,3,4 & 5 are HOFers),Aundray Bruce,Ted Gregory,Alonzo Highsmith,Brian Bosworth,Art Schlichter,Todd Blackledge,Tony Eason,Todd Marinovich,Kenneth Sims,Johnie Cooks,Lam Jones,Curtis Dickey

Are you Ryan Leaf's drinking buddy? Ridiculous list. Maybe you could make an argument for Mandrich (given the SI cover and hype), but you'd find a hard time getting anyone to agree with 99.999 percent of the people you listed as being a bigger bust than Ryan. Willie Middlebrooks Ha! Nobody outside of the city of Denver would even remember him. David Carr had a few good seasons for crying out loud.

You do realize that Leaf was the No. 2 overall pick and was considered by many to be an equal or even superior QB prospect to Manning, right?

BroncosMT
03-31-2012, 01:57 PM
I live in Great Falls and its not a shock here.......he was supposed to promote his book here in his home town as he was just in Missoula.....no one was shocked! He has brought such a bad taste in people's mouths that I am very surprised that he moved back! Now he pretty much sealed the deal and his book is a joke!

Shananahan
03-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Every time this guy's name makes the news I realize that I'd completely forgotten he existed.

broncocalijohn
04-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Every time this guy's name makes the news I realize that I'd completely forgotten he existed.

Or that my life has turned out better than his life. Another brother combo where the older one was a dick compared to the younger one was Bret and Rob Johnson. Obviously, Rob had the better Pro career. Bret didnt have a drug problem or fell on hard times afterwards but it is the personality that drives some down while their more humble sibling gets the deserved glory.

Pony Boy
04-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Yes but does he know all the words to Bohemian Rhapsody

DomCasual
04-02-2012, 03:32 PM
He was arrested again today, for an incident that occurred since his arrest Friday. What a sad situation.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7765279/ryan-leaf-arrested-montana-again-police-seeking-warrant-gpa

The owners walked into the home Sunday afternoon to find a "tall man with an athletic build" inside, Hickman said. The man told the owners he had the wrong address and left.

The owners later discovered three bottles of prescription medication missing and phoned police. After describing his truck, his clothes and his "shiny black loafers," they picked Leaf out of a photo lineup.

More at link.

broncosteven
04-02-2012, 03:50 PM
He was arrested again today, for an incident that occurred since his arrest Friday. What a sad situation.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7765279/ryan-leaf-arrested-montana-again-police-seeking-warrant-gpa

The owners walked into the home Sunday afternoon to find a "tall man with an athletic build" inside, Hickman said. The man told the owners he had the wrong address and left.

The owners later discovered three bottles of prescription medication missing and phoned police. After describing his truck, his clothes and his "shiny black loafers," they picked Leaf out of a photo lineup.

More at link.

Sounds like a cry for help to me.

Arkie
04-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Seriously. What are the odds that perhaps the greatest player of all time.....and one of the biggest busts of all time......CAME FROM THE SAME DRAFT....in back to back selections?

Two guys that play the same position with the same draft grade. It's the ultimate example of boom and bust to the extremes.

BroncsCheer
04-02-2012, 04:26 PM
This is nothing but a sad, sad waste of potential.

ColoradoDarin
04-02-2012, 05:40 PM
They're remaking this movie already? I mean, I liked the Adam Sandler version from a few years back, but the original was better. Who plays the warden in this one? Maybe they cast Leaf as Paul Crewe's cousin or something like the Fast & Furious sequels/spinoffs.

delany
04-02-2012, 06:26 PM

Sounds like mental insability to me.

GreatBronco16
04-02-2012, 07:13 PM

No it doesn't. Sounds like a typical dumbass to me.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-02-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm still trippin that someone gave out a Jim Druckenmiller reference. Haha

broncosteven
04-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Sounds like mental insability to me.

He is an addict making a cry for help. He likely burned all his bridges by being a douche for so long he can't get any attention from the people he knows so he acts out hoping to get caught and sent where people will take care of him and make his choices for him.

Didn't he go through this about 5-7 years ago, get his life back on track coaching then fall off the wagon again?

UberBroncoMan
04-02-2012, 08:21 PM

More at link.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mvtDHH_IfP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
04-02-2012, 08:29 PM
didnt he get arrested beFore and a story was posted here
ok broncocalijohn (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2951) yoU now have to Correct the grammar mistaKes i made i know how much You love doing that sO well knock ya self out ok buddy then maybe yoU can apply for that job as a substitute teacher in that crappy state called California XD

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
04-02-2012, 08:29 PM
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mvtDHH_IfP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i must say Britney was hot back then

schaaf
04-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Good Job Ryan, keep making Montana proud you cock mongler

Bacchus
04-02-2012, 09:40 PM
i must say Britney was hot back then

I agree, she was dynamo.

Broncos_OTM
04-03-2012, 12:28 AM
With his probation being revoked in Texas and with all the new charges. I bet he gets along time to think on it

broncocalijohn
04-03-2012, 12:36 AM
No it doesn't. Sounds like a typical dumbass to me.

He needs to learn how to break into houses better. It also shows any house can be targeted just for prescription drugs.

Shananahan
04-03-2012, 12:40 AM
He is an addict making a cry for help. He likely burned all his bridges by being a douche for so long he can't get any attention from the people he knows so he acts out hoping to get caught and sent where people will take care of him and make his choices for him.

Didn't he go through this about 5-7 years ago, get his life back on track coaching then fall off the wagon again?
Maybe subconsciously that's what is going on, but if he's an addict I guarantee that's not what he's telling himself before, during and after it happens. I kinda hate the 'cry for help' label being applied to anything other than obviously botched suicides or Raiders merchandise purchases.

Arkie
04-03-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm still trippin that someone gave out a Jim Druckenmiller reference. Haha

The worst 1st round picks back-to-back-to-back

1997 draft
25 Philadelphia Eagles - Jon Harris, DE, Virginia
26 San Francisco 49ers - Jim Druckenmiller, QB, Virginia Tech
27 Carolina Panthers - Rae Carruth, WR, Colorado

razorwire77
04-03-2012, 09:35 AM

1997 draft

Rae Carruth could ball a little bit, before that whole murdering his pregnant wife career setback.

RaiderH8r
04-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Rae Carruth could ball a little bit, before that whole murdering his pregnant wife career setback.

Killing your pregnant wife will devastate a career.

bendog
04-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Killing your pregnant wife will devastate a career.

His wife was very destructive. It's somewhat akin to Travis Henry's many baby mommas, they used him as a child support ATM and broke him.

Bacchus
04-03-2012, 11:00 AM

1997 draft

Carruth showed flashes of talent. He could of had a pretty good career if he wouldn't have killed his girlfriend. To me busts are players that cannot play. If Ia guy gets injured or arrested those are unforseen instances that the team drafting could not possibly take into consideration.

Orange_Beard
04-03-2012, 02:12 PM
oxycodone, is a hard one to quit.

Rush could be his sponsor.

SouthStndJunkie
04-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Opiates will set their hooks in you and make you do very stupid things.

Ryan Leaf is in that dangerous area where his tolerance is so high that he needs to do dumb things to keep feeding the beast.

He's at the point of breaking into houses and now is looking at some serious jail time.

Leaf was probably at the point of taking 20-30 percocets, oxycontins, or vicodins a day to get high depending on their strength.

bendog
04-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Opiates will set their hooks in you and make you do very stupid things.

Ryan Leaf is in that dangerous area where his tolerance is so high that he needs to do dumb things to keep feeding the beast.

He's at the point of breaking into houses and now is looking at some serious jail time.

Leaf was probably at the point of taking 20-30 percocets, oxycontins, or vicodins a day to get high depending on their strength.

undergoing radiation therapy after tumor removal (and maybe chemo too for all I know) is not good for avoiding the beast. Shame he didn't have someone with him who could help him get some help. He seemed to be doing ok before he caught a tumor.