PDA

View Full Version : EFX needs to trade up the get this guy!

Greatspirits
03-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Sit for a couple years behind Manning and we're set at QB for many, many years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tannehill-shines-pro-day-sends-top-10-tizzy-015511720.html

oubronco
03-30-2012, 11:18 AM
No

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Even if he turns out to be a good QB -- and I've got my doubts -- it would take so much to move up into the top 5-10 to get him. I don't think it's worth it. Like, at all.

brncs_fan
03-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Not worth it if he goes top 5. We would have to give up way too much to jump 20 spots to get him.

Dedhed
03-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Can he play DT?

theStifmeister
03-30-2012, 11:23 AM
just say no to drugs

Pick Six
03-30-2012, 11:40 AM
If we worry about a QB at all, let's get one in the mid-rounds...

Bronco Rob
03-30-2012, 11:46 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9vQaVIoEjOM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

;)

El Guapo
03-30-2012, 11:50 AM
No

C'mon now, set your Big-XII fanaticism aside.

barryr
03-30-2012, 11:53 AM
If this team didn't have holes on defense, then sure, maybe worth a shot, but to trade up that high would take essentially all of their picks.

Heyneck
03-30-2012, 12:11 PM
please... somebody?!! facepalm gif?!!! anybody?!! Tannehill is not elite talent... you hit your head today?

*found them

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/57746_o.gif

http://mlkshk.com/r/8NWA

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/facepalm.gif

srphoenix
03-30-2012, 12:43 PM
every year around this time there is a QB that shoots up the draft boards and looks like a can't miss player

it just shows how qb desperate some teams are out there.

doonwise
03-30-2012, 12:45 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tannehill-shines-pro-day-sends-top-10-tizzy-015511720.html

Tommy Maddox anyone?

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2012, 01:19 PM

He sounds very Cutleresque. I think the phins definitely take him if he's there...

oubronco
03-30-2012, 01:24 PM
C'mon now, set your Big-XII fanaticism aside.

Yea that's it ROFL!

maher_tyler
03-30-2012, 01:38 PM
we're taking Foles or Osweiler in the 2nd

Greatspirits
03-30-2012, 01:44 PM
You guys are wrong, he won't be as good as Luck but he'll be better than RGIII

oubronco
03-30-2012, 02:09 PM
You guys are wrong, he won't be as good as Luck but he'll be better than RGIII

What makes you think this

Heyneck
03-30-2012, 02:22 PM
we're taking Foles or Osweiler in the 2nd

not going to happen either...

Heyneck
03-30-2012, 02:24 PM

that's the result of a huge blow to the head... no other explanation.

Greatspirits
03-30-2012, 03:12 PM

Big arm, mobile, smart, good size! Will be as good or better than Aaron Rodgers.

HooptyHoops
03-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Big arm, mobile, smart, good size! Will be as good or better than Aaron Rodgers.

What? :spit:

canadianbroncosfan
03-30-2012, 03:25 PM
So he can play QB and DT?

orinjkrush
03-30-2012, 03:30 PM
he may be great. but we shot our qb load already.

time for OTHER POSITIONS

Greatspirits
03-30-2012, 03:45 PM
What? :spit:

Ok so i've had a couple cold ones, but if Manning goes down or doesn't work out we're flocked!

Lestat
03-30-2012, 04:58 PM
you want us to trade up for a QB who is going to sit for 3-4+ years?
do you know how much draft value it would cost to deal up to get him?

if you're going to cough up that much draft coin then it better be for Richardson,Coples,Ingram or Blackmon.

Chris
03-30-2012, 05:00 PM
This is.............................................. not a good idea.

Were you in poor spirits when you wrote this? Were you drinking great spirits?

Wes Mantooth
03-30-2012, 05:10 PM

OR...
we can draft someone who can help us win a championship now. Pretty sure its why we got Manning.

Hamrob
03-30-2012, 05:24 PM
I would be o.k. with Osweiler in the 2nd....but, now Brandt is saying that he'll go in the first to. Amazing.

I really think in terms of arm strength, football knowledge, and leadership...Osweiler is right there with Tannenhill.

Agamemnon
03-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Trading up to draft a backup QB when trying to "win now"? Yeah that makes sense...

Bronco Rob
04-02-2012, 06:20 AM
Eagles/Tannehill ... and, for that matter, Chiefs/Tannehill.

A contingent of Philadelphia Eagles will be in College Station, Texas, today for a private workout with quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

"I don't really know why,'' Tannehill told me Saturday night. "I'll just get ready to throw for them and do my best.''

Fact is, this is the time of year -- 24 days before Round 1 -- when teams buzz from town to town to get their drafting ducks in a row. The Eagles working out Tannehill could just be Philly doing its due diligence on a good player. That's what it probably is. But with the Eagles and quarterbacks, you never know. It could be more. The Eagles wouldn't seem to have a quarterback need, with Michael Vick set to play the season at 32, and the Eagles wouldn't seem to have the ammo to move up from their 15th spot in the first round -- without including their 2013 first-rounder -- to get their talons on a quarterback who might be picked as high as fourth (by Cleveland).

By the way, Matt Cassel's head shouldn't rest too easy on the pillow tonight either. The Chiefs travel to College Station later this week to get their own private session with Tannehill.

More from Tannehill shortly. Now for the remnants of the NFL meetings, and looking ahead to the Kiperization of our lives over the next three-plus weeks:

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/04/01/bounty/index.html#ixzz1qsvgftJ9

Bronco Rob
04-02-2012, 06:23 AM
5. The Dolphins love them some Ryan Tannehill. I spoke with Tannehill Saturday, mostly about his workout in front of pro scouts and coaches on the Texas A&M campus Thursday. But we also talked about how much work the Dolphins, picking eighth in the first round, are doing on the kid.

Club officials, including GM Jeff Ireland and coach Joe Philbin, dined with Tannehill in College Station Wednesday night, then spent about 90 minutes with him on the greaseboard Thursday after the workout. Any doubt now that Tannehill won't get past No. 8, where Miami picks?

Noted NFL Films analyst Greg Cosell says Tannehill is a more accurate passer on the run than Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III, which is something to say for a guy who played wide receiver for two-plus seasons while waiting for the quarterback job to be his in 2010.

Tannehill worked with quarterback consultant Chris Weinke on his mechanics after the 2011 season, ironing out the herky-jerky motion in his pass-drops and working on opening his hips better on deep sideline throws to the left. But the attention from teams always goes to his time at receiver, where he was moved -- by former A&M coach and current Miami offensive coordinator Mike Sherman -- as a freshman because two quarterbacks were ahead of him.

"I was an arrogant little freshman at the time,'' Tannehill told me. "I said to coach Sherman, 'I think you're making a mistake.' He sort of chuckled to himself. I forget what he said. But they just told me to go out the next day at practice and run some routes. Two days later, I was in the starting rotation at receiver. Obviously, I was frustrated, but now I realize it gave me a different look at offensive football -- what receivers go through, how they see defensive backs, where they like the ball delivered. Things like that. So it worked out all right.''

It's pretty clear Cleveland and Miami are the leading candidates for Tannehill. I think he'd be a better fit in Miami because, after 19 starts at quarterback in college football, he may need a year of seasoning and time to get used to a new system before feeling the weight of a franchise on his shoulders. And right now, Matt Moore has more security -- and faith from the fan base in Miami -- than Colt McCoy has in Cleveland. One bad month and the fans would be calling for Tannehill in Miami. But one bad half in Cleveland and the chants for Tannehill would begin. Check out what Moore did in the last nine weeks of the regular season versus a rather prominent Super Bowl hero

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/04/01/bounty/index.html#ixzz1qswHf7Jm

Drek
04-02-2012, 06:51 AM
I would be o.k. with Osweiler in the 2nd....but, now Brandt is saying that he'll go in the first to. Amazing.

I really think in terms of arm strength, football knowledge, and leadership...Osweiler is right there with Tannenhill.

Brandt was saying he MAY have vaulted himself into first round CONSIDERATION.

Capped the key words there.

Some team might fall in love with him and take him in the late 1st. Its just as likely no one is willing to take on the project for that price and he slides into the 3rd.

Osweiler reminds me a lot of Ryan Mallett. Less arm strength, more athleticism, but both are raw QBs who need a lot of development but can have flashes of really looking the part. Mallett was getting talk of "first round consideration" this time of year too. He ended up getting drafted in the 3rd. You never really know, all teams can do is assign their own value number to a player and take the highest ranked guy on their board, pick after pick.

DarkHorse
04-02-2012, 07:25 AM
I love draft talk when so many experts are able to predict kids' futures

v2micca
04-02-2012, 08:08 AM
This guy is going to be so over-drafted it isn't even going to be funny. They NFL is a Quarterback league now more than ever. If you are a half decent QB, that played for one of the big programs and have decent measurables, you go in the first round. Half the QBs that went in the first round last year would have been second to third rounders just a decade ago.

lolcopter
04-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Nope

Requiem
04-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Personally, I hope the Broncos grab Lindley with their last selection and groom him behind Manning. Our early selections need to be on defense, with mixture of offensive skill players.

ØrangeÇrush
04-02-2012, 03:45 PM
We have a 3-5 year window with peyton manning and you want to trade up and draft a backup QB? In two years, we can draft the QBOTF in round 1 or 2 and than he can sit and learn ala aaron rodgers. This year we draft maybe...in round 4 but more likely 5 or 6. Ryan Lindley is a nice project if you ask me.

Pony Boy
04-02-2012, 04:31 PM
every year around this time there is a QB that shoots up the draft boards and looks like a can't miss player

it just shows how qb desperate some teams are out there.

You Speak the Truth, Kemo Sabe...

Tombstone RJ
04-02-2012, 06:26 PM
I think Tannehill has great potential and if Miami takes him and he sits behind Moore for a year (or two) then I think that is a great move by Miami.

FADERPROOF
04-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Personally, I hope the Broncos grab Lindley with their last selection and groom him behind Manning. Our early selections need to be on defense, with mixture of offensive skill players.

I like this idea, Lindley looked good in the few times i got to watch him play.

ØrangeÇrush
04-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Lindley looks like a NFL QB, with good mobility and a pretty good arm. His biggest problems from what I've seen are his decision making and ability to throw in tight windows. He's been pretty inaccurate at times. However, with time to sit and get quality coaching for a few years in training camp and during the offseason, he could be a real gem.

Requiem
04-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Lindley looks like a NFL QB, with good mobility and a pretty good arm. His biggest problems from what I've seen are his decision making and ability to throw in tight windows. He's been pretty inaccurate at times. However, with time to sit and get quality coaching for a few years in training camp and during the offseason, he could be a real gem.

Yep and he is a seasoned starter. I bet he would pick things up pretty quickly compared to Brock.

cutthemdown
04-02-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm hoping Broncos take WR's, DT's, RB's, DE, CB/KR something like that. I don't see QB being big on the list since they signed a crappy bkup already.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
04-02-2012, 08:35 PM
im gonna keep saying this over and over til it sinks in
we need some front line guys who can tear up the backfield and take the QB down or at least hurry the QB tired of Denver not being able to consistently pass rush the QB.