PDA

View Full Version : Message from Tim Tebow...

Pages : [1] 2

tsiguy96
03-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Via @TimTebow on twitter:

Well, that was an interesting couple of weeks! Now that things have finally settled down a bit, I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you great Denver fans for all of your support. The ride that we were able to enjoy together this past season is something that I will always cherish. I'd also like to thank all of my former coaches and teammates as it was an honor to play for and alongside each of you. I will always be grateful to the Broncos organization for giving me the initial opportunity to fulfill my dream of being an NFL quarterback. GBČ

http://tinypaste.com/ce3daa65

TheReverend
03-29-2012, 05:06 PM
****ing love that guy

underrated29
03-29-2012, 05:07 PM
I love we got manning but I'm still pissed that we got rid of Tim.

vancejohnson82
03-29-2012, 05:10 PM
he also had a sickening post on Facebook...."I'm so excited to be a Jet, blah, blah, blah"

I love me some Tebow but I hate the goddamn Jets. I feel like my sister just married Jay Cutler

HooptyHoops
03-29-2012, 05:10 PM

This!

rbackfactory80
03-29-2012, 05:11 PM
In before this turns into a pissing contest.

cmhargrove
03-29-2012, 05:12 PM
he also had a sickening post on Facebook...."I'm so excited to be a Jet, blah, blah, blah"

I love me some Tebow but I hate the goddamn Jets. I feel like my sister just married Jay Cutler

At least you'd have a place to stay when you visit Chicago?

Broncos dude
03-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Thats Tim being Tebow . Would you expect him to run down Elway or Fox. When the Jets run him out of town , he will say the same sweet words . He is got media relations down , if he could only run a traditional pro style offense

Taco John
03-29-2012, 05:15 PM
I'll always be a Tebow fan. The guy is a class act.

lonestar
03-29-2012, 05:25 PM

Wow I had never even thought of that as a sickening senario..

As for Tebwo

I'm happy about having MAnning but in my guy I know that in 2-3 years he is gone and tebow is going to be a superstar on the field. and John is going to be hold his dick in his hand wondering what the hell we are going to do to replace the sure fire first ballot HOF QB..

Everyone that loved John and measured every QB since against John, will now be measuring the next group against both John and Manning..

Does anyone think that 98% of the QB's gonads coming into the NFL having to fill those shoes are going to shrink up like "the Rocks" gonads did when he was on roids....

Personally I think Tebow would have embraced that job..

What say y'all.

lonestar
03-29-2012, 05:26 PM
At least you'd have a place to stay when you visit Chicago?

wanna bet that cutlet is gone from CHI town in two years?

If they do not win it all this year that defense is going fall apart very soon afterwards.. they be gettin old..

HILife
03-29-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm really going to miss Tebow.

baja
03-29-2012, 05:29 PM
I happy for Tim that he is on a team that wanted him.

orinjkrush
03-29-2012, 05:31 PM
I'll always be a Tebow fan. The guy is a class act.

cosigned. its rare to meet somebody like TT.

oubronco
03-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Class act all the way

Gort
03-29-2012, 05:35 PM
I happy for Tim that he is on a team that wanted him.

it wouldn't surprise me if Tebow is the full time starter in NY at some point in 2013. it also wouldn't surprise me if he takes that team deep into the playoffs. the kid has proven that despite his multitude of detractors, he simply knows how to win. winning ugly and winning pretty have one thing in common, they're both winning. i wish Elway would have understood that and tried to keep him, but i think Elway was anxious to turn the page and start the Manning era without any distractions (not that Tebow himself would have been a distraction). i would love to see a Tebow-led Jets team knock Tom Terrific and Belicheat out of the playoffs. i would friggin love that and i hate the Jets.

Jetmeck
03-29-2012, 05:46 PM

exactLy how I feel ............

Bronkota
03-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Except for the SB wins, last season was the most fun for me to watch in 30 years as a fan. I am glad Denver won the Manning lottery and wish nothing but the best for Tebow...

zdoor
03-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Class act

yerner
03-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Never pass up an opportunity to get some good PR..

Rohirrim
03-29-2012, 05:51 PM
I know he gave the Broncos his all. Hope everything works out for him.

baja
03-29-2012, 05:52 PM
it wouldn't surprise me if Tebow is the full time starter in NY at some point in 2013. it also wouldn't surprise me if he takes that team deep into the playoffs. the kid has proven that despite his multitude of detractors, he simply knows how to win. winning ugly and winning pretty have one thing in common, they're both winning. i wish Elway would have understood that and tried to keep him, but i think Elway was anxious to turn the page and start the Manning era without any distractions (not that Tebow himself would have been a distraction). i would love to see a Tebow-led Jets team knock Tom Terrific and Belicheat out of the playoffs. i would friggin love that and i hate the Jets.

I agree

I have a gut feeling that Tim Tebow is going to eventually be a super star and we will regret our hastiness in getting rid of him.

We should have kept him at least for one more season. The move seemed premature and reckless to me. I mean hasn't he proven he can back up Manning at least as well as Henie for a season while we get a read on Manning.

OBF1
03-29-2012, 05:56 PM
I love me some Tebow even before he was a Bronco. I wish him all the best, all class all the time :thumbs:

Man-Goblin
03-29-2012, 05:56 PM
The GB2 thing kinda got to me. Is it dusty in here?

LGM
03-29-2012, 05:58 PM
I find it interesting that the guy who is most effected by these circumstances is more understanding, forgiving, and caring that a number of people who call themselves Bronco fans.

baja
03-29-2012, 06:02 PM
I find it interesting that the guy who is most effected by these circumstances is more understanding, forgiving, and caring that a number of people who call themselves Bronco fans.

He's gonna have his shot on the largest stage in the football world in the most impossible of locker rooms.

It's almost like there has been Divine intervention.

Jay3
03-29-2012, 06:07 PM
The GB2 thing kinda got to me. Is it dusty in here?

Yeah, because it was definitely his last one, for old times sake.

McDman
03-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Glad he's gone but he is a great guy. Hard to hate him.

delany
03-29-2012, 06:34 PM
I don't think he will be a superstar. At least not in the NFL. I don't think he will ever win a SB (however going to a defensively focused team like balt or the jets gives him his best shot). I also think he will be ultimately viewed as a novelty or sideshow instead of a great NFL player.

However, I am proud that I got to root for him as a Bronco and will continue to root for him as a Jet. He is everything you want to believe in as a person and a species.

I sleep better knowing the Broncos have Manning as its QB for a few years and I sleep better knowing that people like Tebow are in the World.

The Moops
03-29-2012, 07:40 PM
I have to admit after 42 years of being a Broncos fan this is the angriest I've been at the franchise. I truly believe Tebow could have won a SB here. I also believe the Broncos are making a mistake by thinking Manning will bring a championship in 3 years. I would have been pissed but more accepting if Denver brought in a young free agent qb like Flynn or sold the farm to move up and get RGIII or Luck. At least they would be building for the future. But to see that Tebow, who should be the most hurt, is still (as always) above it all, I am trying hard to let it go. I have to be honest though. If Broncos and Jets meet in the playoffs and Tebow is starting vs Manning, I am cheering for the Jets. Told you I'm angry.

Drunk Monkey
03-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Class guy. Thanks for the memories. Now lets move on to the Manning era.

maher_tyler
03-29-2012, 07:52 PM
I have to admit after 42 years of being a Broncos fan this is the angriest I've been at the franchise. I truly believe Tebow could have won a SB here. I also believe the Broncos are making a mistake by thinking Manning will bring a championship in 3 years. I would have been pissed but more accepting if Denver brought in a young free agent qb like Flynn or sold the farm to move up and get RGIII or Luck. At least they would be building for the future. But to see that Tebow, who should be the most hurt, is still (as always) above it all, I am trying hard to let it go. I have to be honest though. If Broncos and Jets meet in the playoffs and Tebow is starting vs Manning, I am cheering for the Jets. Told you I'm angry.

Whoa! I wont go that far but i'd like him to have a good healthy game while we get the win.

baja
03-29-2012, 07:58 PM

I'm wondering about that too.

BroncoBeavis
03-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Class guy. Thanks for the memories. Now lets move on to the Manning era.

Not sure you can call 2 or 3 years an Era.

How 'bout Manning Intermission

Missouribronc
03-29-2012, 08:07 PM
He's a nice guy, but I'm not sure how many of you realize just how atrociously bad he was as a quarterback.

BroncoBeavis
03-29-2012, 08:10 PM

Funny thing, I was at the Jets game this year and went down field side for Tebow's post game NFL Network interview. I ended up holding the sign for some Broncos fans from NJ because I was closer to where the camera panned.

Said something about NJ loving Tebow. Really strange now to think back on that. Hard to believe that's where he is now. Still think back to the absolute playoff pandemonium at Mile High less than 3 months ago, and now it's all undone.

Not sure it'll fully hit me until next season. And I don't know if I'll still be pissed then or not. I know I've never gone into a season with such mixed emotions about the Broncos, so I know exactly where you're at.

BroncoBeavis
03-29-2012, 08:15 PM
He's a nice guy, but I'm not sure how many of you realize just how atrociously bad he was as a quarterback.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=332566&st=0

Missouribronc
03-29-2012, 08:16 PM
http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=332566&st=0

Comparing Tebow to Rodgers is extremely unintelligent.

Missouribronc
03-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Funny thing, I was at the Jets game this year and went down field side for Tebow's post game NFL Network interview. I ended up holding the sign for some Broncos fans from NJ because I was closer to where the camera panned.

Said something about NJ loving Tebow. Really strange now to think back on that. Hard to believe that's where he is now. Still think back to the absolute playoff pandemonium at Mile High less than 3 months ago, and now it's all undone.

Not sure it'll fully hit me until next season. And I don't know if I'll still be pissed then or not. I know I've never gone into a season with such mixed emotions about the Broncos, so I know exactly where you're at.

I hear the Jets need fans.

Spider
03-29-2012, 08:18 PM

Man love is blind dont ya know ;D

The Moops
03-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Weird thing is I live in Jersey and follow the Giants over the Jets because I cover their games. But I have already bought a Jets Tebow jersey for my son because he is such a role model. Definitely going to attend some Jets games ths year too.

McDman
03-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Weird thing is I live in Jersey and follow the Giants over the Jets because I cover their games. But I have already bought a Jets Tebow jersey for my son because he is such a role model. Definitely going to attend some Jets games ths year too.

If you go to Jets' games won't you miss Bronco's games?

BroncoBeavis
03-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Comparing Tebow to Rodgers is extremely unintelligent.

Playing like what? Its the same ****in line!!@@!!!!!! Favre constantly took the fewest sacks in the league.

Why are you putting it on the line. Rodgers just missed that throw on 3rd down when the blitz was picked up perfectly.

Same ol' same ol'

The Moops
03-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Usually catch more than half games. Had sunday ticket before son was born. Now I have to watch at bar or hope they make nfl rewind, which they did a lot last season thanks to the team's last-second heroics. Also, watch al game highlights on team site.

NUB
03-29-2012, 09:37 PM

I'm rather irate too. Mostly because it's the same style of poor decision-making that has plagued the franchise for almost a decade now. You can already see how this will pan out because we've seen it before. I also think it didn't even have to be Manning. The front office never had any intention of a future with Tebow; ever, from last season's training camp to today. Everyone assumed he would sink when they threw him into the fire. And then we all got to see how "ecstatic" the front office was when the guy kept winning and sent the team to the playoffs and out of the Luck-bowl it had been in with Orton. I never heard a single word of sincerity from Elway, and the man said a lot. It hurt my opinion of him as a person, but whatever. If it wasn't Manning, though, it would have been someone else. I just don't think Denver had any intention of keeping Tebow here, playoff win or not.

Play2win
03-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Whoa! I wont go that far but i'd like him to have a good healthy game while we get the win.

I would rather intercept him 5 times and blow them the **** out.

strafen
03-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Nice of Tebow. Class act! :)

bombay
03-29-2012, 10:13 PM

http://forums.theganggreen.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

If you want to make the switch, why not just do it? I don't understand being so angry at the corporation you support that you want to follow the player who most interests you, but not doing it. Makes no sense.

stopgap
03-29-2012, 10:16 PM
I expected nothing less of how he handled the situation. Very classy and level-headed guy.

Best of luck!

bowtown
03-29-2012, 10:18 PM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

If you want to make the switch, why not just do it? I don't understand being so angry at the corporation you support that you want to follow the player who most interests you, but not doing it. Makes no sense..

Bob's your Information Minister
03-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Glad we got to kick your ass once, Timmy.

rbackfactory80
03-30-2012, 04:04 AM
As others have said, if we had moved up for Luck or RG3 I would have been more accepting.

fontaine
03-30-2012, 04:41 AM
If only Tebow was as good at being QB as he is at being classy then he would still be a Bronco.

No big loss.

Vegas_Bronco
03-30-2012, 04:58 AM
Nothing hurts worse than seeing pujols in an angels jersey...or indy fan seeing Peyton in broncos gear...or tomlinson in jets gear...or your pet cat cuddling up to your gf that dumped you..those players that can transcend their team identity by achieving greatness in any jersey are great no doubt but they remain a bit tainted in the fanbase. Tim will be good but he has a hell of a lot of work to do before he is great.

Rohirrim
03-30-2012, 05:17 AM
I'm rather irate too. Mostly because it's the same style of poor decision-making that has plagued the franchise for almost a decade now. You can already see how this will pan out because we've seen it before. I also think it didn't even have to be Manning. The front office never had any intention of a future with Tebow; ever, from last season's training camp to today. Everyone assumed he would sink when they threw him into the fire. And then we all got to see how "ecstatic" the front office was when the guy kept winning and sent the team to the playoffs and out of the Luck-bowl it had been in with Orton. I never heard a single word of sincerity from Elway, and the man said a lot. It hurt my opinion of him as a person, but whatever. If it wasn't Manning, though, it would have been someone else. I just don't think Denver had any intention of keeping Tebow here, playoff win or not.

And there is also the possibility that they made the right call.

Kaylore
03-30-2012, 06:08 AM
I'm happy for Tim. He's with a staff that believes in him and will get the biggest platform in the world to bring attention to his causes which I know is what he cares about the most.

Jay3
03-30-2012, 06:11 AM

I myself fail to realize that.

Play2win
03-30-2012, 06:26 AM
As others have said, if we had moved up for Luck or RG3 I would have been more accepting.

I would much, much, much rather have Manning now than RGIII.

And its not even close.

Play2win
03-30-2012, 06:30 AM
I'm happy for Tim. He's with a staff that believes in him and will get the biggest platform in the world to bring attention to his causes which I know is what he cares about the most.

That seems to be what is most important to Tim. Good for him. Let him go have fun with that.

I'm just sooo glad the the Denver Broncos are not his Platform anymore.

crawdad
03-30-2012, 06:45 AM
Nothing hurts worse than seeing pujols in an angels jersey...or indy fan seeing Peyton in broncos gear...or tomlinson in jets gear...or your pet cat cuddling up to your gf that dumped you..those players that can transcend their team identity by achieving greatness in any jersey are great no doubt but they remain a bit tainted in the fanbase. Tim will be good but he has a hell of a lot of work to do before he is great.

Couldn't agree with you more! I love Albert but he's a traitor!

BroncoBeavis
03-30-2012, 07:05 AM

Pujols is an ATG, but it's a different deal when the guy goes shopping for the highest bidder. That's on him, not the Cards.

We just kicked the kid who just walked through the fire for us to the curb in exchange for a bologna sandwich. If it turns out to be for nothing, and especially if Tebow goes on to success, the Broncos as a franchise will end up in a world of hurt.

55CrushEm
03-30-2012, 07:11 AM
I'll always be a Tebow fan.

WHAT?!?! We can't have those people on this board!!! Shouldn't you have left already?!?!

TEBOWITE/TEBOWNER.....be gone!!!

I jest, I jest. Of course the Tebow-HATERS would say this........

The Moops
03-30-2012, 09:14 AM
I felt the same way when denver traded Portis for Champ Bailey and a pick that became Tatum Bell. Portis was sacrificed in dc in an antiquated Gibbs offense that still ran the old counter trey. I think he would have enjoyed a greater career had he stayed put. Not complaining at all about champ. Just believed Portis was a bigger difference maker in denver's zone blocking scheme. He was awesome in Denver.

Peyton's nerve
03-30-2012, 10:23 AM
just remember so long as you've still got your health, there's nothing really to worry about.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Pujols is an ATG, but it's a different deal when the guy goes shopping for the highest bidder. That's on him, not the Cards.

We just kicked the kid who just walked through the fire for us to the curb in exchange for a bologna sandwich. If it turns out to be for nothing, and especially if Tebow goes on to success, the Broncos as a franchise will end up in a world of hurt.

Did you just refer to manning as a bologna sandwich?

oubronco
03-30-2012, 10:46 AM

care to explain why you think this?

Is it you don't think that another QB will be in the draft as good as Tebow?

Because there's QB's that are supposed to be the next great thing year after year after year?

barryr
03-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Great for Tebow. He is a classy person and never gave any real Bronco fan at least a legit reason to dislike or root against him.

BroncoBeavis
03-30-2012, 10:52 AM

Pretty sure we didn't trade Tim Tebow for Peyton Manning.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Pretty sure we didn't trade Tim Tebow for Peyton Manning.

No but the result and reason for that trade is manning. Cant blame his value from 31 other teams. Just cause we had him at starting QB doesn't mean other teams think he's a starter.

BroncoBeavis
03-30-2012, 10:59 AM
care to explain why you think this?

Is it you don't think that another QB will be in the draft as good as Tebow?

Because there's QB's that are supposed to be the next great thing year after year after year?

Yeah, "Just pick another one up late in the draft" is always a winning formula.

BroncoBeavis
03-30-2012, 11:01 AM
No but the result and reason for that trade is manning. Cant blame his value from 31 other teams. Just cause we had him at starting QB doesn't mean other teams think he's a starter.

Which is why a majority of Broncos fans wanted to keep him. It will be that same majority who becomes pretty unhappy if he goes onto success while our plan B becomes Caleb Hanie.

bendog
03-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Which is why a majority of Broncos fans wanted to keep him. It will be that same majority who becomes pretty unhappy if he goes onto success while our plan B becomes Caleb Hanie.

you'll be delighted.

broncobum6162
03-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Wow I had never even thought of that as a sickening senario..

As for Tebwo

I'm happy about having MAnning but in my guy I know that in 2-3 years he is gone and tebow is going to be a superstar on the field. and John is going to be hold his dick in his hand wondering what the hell we are going to do to replace the sure fire first ballot HOF QB..

Everyone that loved John and measured every QB since against John, will now be measuring the next group against both John and Manning..

Does anyone think that 98% of the QB's gonads coming into the NFL having to fill those shoes are going to shrink up like "the Rocks" gonads did when he was on roids....

Personally I think Tebow would have embraced that job..

What say y'all.

That's been my take on this whole thing........It's a short term solution for a long term problem. In 2-3 years we'll be right back where we started and looking for Mannings replacement. Tebow, if he latches on somewhere will be that much more experienced. On the other hand, Mannings replacement will be Elway's pick of choice and not one handed to him by McDouchebag. That's a big difference and IMHO the main reason why Elway was so hell bent on getting rid of him...

bendog
03-30-2012, 11:07 AM
That's been my take on this whole thing........It's a short term solution for a long term problem. In 2-3 years we'll be right back where we started and looking for Mannings replacement. Tebow, if he latches on somewhere will be that much more experienced. On the other hand, Mannings replacement will be Elway's pick of choice and not one handed to him by McDouchebag. That's a big difference and IMHO the main reason why Elway was so hell bent on getting rid of him...

Imo is was more simple. Elway figures a healthy Peyton Manning can win a superbowl, and Den's good enough to get in the playoffs. Elway figures Tebow will not be good enough to win a superbowl next year, and figures odds are he'll never be.

broncobum6162
03-30-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm wondering about that too.

I've thought about that too but I'll go on the record as being a Bronco fan first and a Tebow fan second. One fine day we'll all get over this too...:welcome:

Rohirrim
03-30-2012, 11:15 AM
I think Elway looked at Tebow very closely and decided he's not going to make it as an NFL QB, so he cut the Broncos' losses and moved on. He didn't have realistic access to the two "franchise" QBs in this draft so the best option available was going after Manning, probably the greatest FA acquisition in NFL history, whom he pursued and won over to the team. Now we have a good shot of going after a SB while we continue to build up the team and cut the dead weight of the McDaniels fiasco off and leave it in our wake. It's a new day. ;D

lonestar
03-30-2012, 11:19 AM

LEts hope we get more from those two picks than a bologna sandwich.

HAd it been mikey well might as well flushed them down the tiolet..

I have a bit more faith in EFX and the newbie DC.. Hopefully they will listen to him..

oubronco
03-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Yeah, "Just pick another one up late in the draft" is always a winning formula.

It worked for New England

BroncoBeavis
03-30-2012, 01:16 PM
It worked for New England

Winning lotteries works sometimes too. Doesn't make it a coherent plan.

oubronco
03-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Winning lotteries works sometimes too. Doesn't make it a coherent plan.

We're going with plan A

bendog
03-30-2012, 01:23 PM
We're going with plan A

On snap.

Bacchus
03-30-2012, 01:50 PM

I'd thought you would have seen that Tebow is not a good QB in a passing league. I do not think he'll win anything of consequence unless he improves by 100%.

Bacchus
03-30-2012, 01:53 PM
I think Elway looked at Tebow very closely and decided he's not going to make it as an NFL QB, so he cut the Broncos' losses and moved on. He didn't have realistic access to the two "franchise" QBs in this draft so the best option available was going after Manning, probably the greatest FA acquisition in NFL history, whom he pursued and won over to the team. Now we have a good shot of going after a SB while we continue to build up the team and cut the dead weight of the McDaniels fiasco off and leave it in our wake. It's a new day. ;D

I agree. I think the original play was for Denver to ride Tebow through the 2012 season then use their high draft pick on a QB in the 2013 draft. There are plenty available. Then Manning became available and they knew they could get it done.

BroncoBeavis
03-30-2012, 02:01 PM
We're going with plan A

Yep,formerly known as the Favre plan.

Some people think it can't miss. Others noticed both coaches who tried before are now unemployed (unless you count ESPN video jockey :) )

oubronco
03-30-2012, 02:30 PM
I said we're going with Plan A!!

Cito Pelon
03-30-2012, 02:33 PM

Well, I'm not that angry. But I would have liked to see them go all in and develop Tebow. You'd think if anybody would recognize Tebow's potential it would be Elway, but that wasn't the case. Elway has an inflated view of himself as a young QB, thinks he did it all on his own when in reality he was as raw and flaky as Tebow.

bendog
03-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Well, I'm not that angry. But I would have liked to see them go all in and develop Tebow. You'd think if anybody would recognize Tebow's potential it would be Elway, but that wasn't the case. Elway has an inflated view of himself as a young QB, thinks he did it all on his own when in reality he was as raw and flaky as Tebow.

No, Elway knows his dad taught him initally and then put him in the best socal football program that would develop his talents. Tebow wasn't that fortunate.

baja
03-30-2012, 02:47 PM
No, Elway knows his dad taught him initally and then put him in the best socal football program that would develop his talents. Tebow wasn't that fortunate.

All the more reason to be tantalized by what he did last year.

errand
03-30-2012, 03:03 PM

Yes, he did.....

every know and then they slip up and let their true feelings come out.......

Cito Pelon
03-30-2012, 03:13 PM

You should have seen Elway his first few years. I see you were two years old when Elway was drafted. Elway was atrociously bad. He couldn't read a defense pre-snap if you gave him three full minutes to diagnose. He couldn't anticipate where a receiver was going to be, his whole repertoire was waiting until a receiver was wide open then firing the ball in there at laser speed. Elway's touch on long passes was horrible, he had no touch at all.

The difference was Reeves let him throw, let him develop. Elway had 259 pass attempts his rookie year, 380 pass attempts his second year, Tebow has 353 pass attempts in two years. Reeves tried to tailor the O a little more toward Elway passing in the right situations. Fox/Elway didn't do that with Tebow.

Then, Reeves let Elway go gangbuster his third year with 605 pass attempts (Elway's career high in pass attempts), but Elway regressed, so Reeves dialed it back.

The point is Elway got a chance to develop, but Elway threw Tebow away without letting him develop, and if anybody should know how you need to develop a raw QB that is a superb athlete, it should be Elway.

oubronco
03-30-2012, 03:21 PM
You should have seen Elway his first few years. I see you were two years old when Elway was drafted. Elway was atrociously bad. He couldn't read a defense pre-snap if you gave him three full minutes to diagnose. He couldn't anticipate where a receiver was going to be, his whole repertoire was waiting until a receiver was wide open then firing the ball in there at laser speed. Elway's touch on long passes was horrible, he had no touch at all.

The difference was Reeves let him throw, let him develop. Elway had 259 pass attempts his rookie year, 380 pass attempts his second year, Tebow has 353 pass attempts in two years. Reeves tried to tailor the O a little more toward Elway passing in the right situations. Fox/Elway didn't do that with Tebow.

Then, Reeves let Elway go gangbuster his third year with 605 pass attempts (Elway's career high in pass attempts), but Elway regressed, so Reeves dialed it back.

The point is Elway got a chance to develop, but Elway threw Tebow away without letting him develop, and if anybody should know how you need to develop a raw QB that is a superb athlete, it should be Elway.

Or maybe he thought it was a waste of time

Broncos dude
03-30-2012, 03:22 PM

Please , don't compare Tim to Elway

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2012, 03:22 PM

fail

Cito Pelon
03-30-2012, 03:25 PM

Tough point to argue with.

Cito Pelon
03-30-2012, 03:30 PM

Tebow certainly hasn't been fortunate enough to be taught well. Except how to win. We'll see if he can assimilate pro-level coaching and get another chance to be a starter.

UberBroncoMan
03-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Shame Elway's kid chose to quit football. We'd be drafting him!

Rohirrim
03-30-2012, 03:35 PM

Ha! Maybe he did recognize his potential. Ya think? I'm sure you know more about the position than John Elway. Hilarious!

Cito Pelon
03-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Or maybe he thought it was a waste of time

I guess the bottom line is wait and see if Tebow develops. I thought the team that drafted him should develop him, now we'll see if they can draft and develop a QBOTF.

Arkie
03-30-2012, 03:47 PM

Some people think it can't miss. Others noticed both coaches who tried before are now unemployed (unless you count ESPN video jockey :) )

Only idiots think anything in the NFL is can't miss, but the plan almost worked. Favre fell short of the Super Bowl by 3 points, and I doubt he's the reason Childress is gone. The 4-12 Jets were different. They rented him for just one year and were lucky to have a winning season.

BroncoBeavis
03-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Only idiots think anything in the NFL is can't miss, but the plan almost worked. Favre fell short of the Super Bowl by 3 points, and I doubt he's the reason Childress is gone. The 4-12 Jets were different. They rented him for just one year and were lucky to have a winning season.

4-12... sounds familiar.

Cito Pelon
03-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Please , don't compare Tim to Elway

Why not? They're remarkably similar in most phases of their game as young NFL QB's. The only big difference that I've seen is as Elway said late last year, "He has to pull the trigger and get rid of the ball."

Of course, like in Elway's early years that would have ended up in a lot of INT's. Tebow started pulling the trigger and sure enough it ended up in more INT's, but more big plays. So Elway was right in a fashion, and that leads to why Elway didn't stick with Tebow if Tebow was following in his own footsteps?

oubronco
03-30-2012, 03:50 PM
I guess the bottom line is wait and see if Tebow develops. I thought the team that drafted him should develop him, now we'll see if they can draft and develop a QBOTF.

Maybe they think they already have one in Weber, they did say they were really high on him

Cito Pelon
03-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Ha! Maybe he did recognize his potential. Ya think? I'm sure you know more about the position than John Elway. Hilarious!

I guess we'll find out how much Elway knows about the position. He still needs to find a QBOTF.

Broncos dude
03-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Why not? They're remarkably similar in most phases of their game as young NFL QB's. The only big difference that I've seen is as Elway said late last year, "He has to pull the trigger and get rid of the ball."

Of course, like in Elway's early years that would have ended up in a lot of INT's. Tebow started pulling the trigger and sure enough it ended up in more INT's, but more big plays. So Elway was right in a fashion, and that leads to why Elway didn't stick with Tebow if Tebow was following in his own footsteps?

The Broncos with Tim , would be horrible this yr. He seems like a very nice man, but he cannot last until becomes a real QB

lonestar
03-30-2012, 04:34 PM

Elway was a great young QB but made loads of mistakes himself..

He hinted that he wanted to mentor Tim so he would not take so many hits the same kinds of hits that obviously caused Elway enough damage that he no longer wanted to play..

I understand the reasoning of getting Manning but flushing Tebow just makes zero sense as he would have been ready when Manning retired if not when MAnning gets hurt..

lonestar
03-30-2012, 04:36 PM
The Broncos with Tim , would be horrible this yr. He seems like a very nice man, but he cannot last until becomes a real QB

and that would have startedd with the upcoming OTA's something he really had no exprience with..

But alas we will never know because of ego's..

errand
03-30-2012, 04:37 PM

1977 - The Denver Broncos acquired creaky old Craig Morton via trade from the NY Giants...he leads them to AFC title, losing in SB to Dallas 27-10. Broncos go 12-2, 10-6, 10-6, 8-8, and 10-6 with him over the course of his career, winning AFC west twice, making playoffs 3 times...narrowly missing out on them the last week in '81

2005 - The Arizona Cardinals acquired creaky old FA QB Kurt Warner and he leads them to playoffs twice, winning NFC conference championship in 2008, losing SB to Steelers 27-23 on a last minute TD.

2009 - The Minnesota Vikings acquired creaky old Brett Favre, and he leads them to NFC conference title bout, losing in OT to eventual SB champion New Orleans.

I doubt any of those teams consider signing or trading for those guys was a waste of time, money, resources or destroyed the development of any young QB on their roster...when the truth is Penrose and Weese weren't the answer in Denver in '77...Leinart had already worn out his welcome in Arizona...Tavarous Jackson? (b**** please)....those teams saw that these older veteran players could still play at a high level...and definitely higher level than those young guys listed.

sure you can bring up Johnny U playing for San Diego after playing 16 years and taking a brutal beating during an era when QB's weren't protected like they are now, or Joe Namath floundering with the Rams in his last season....

...but in this day and age, with QB's playing in a league that values and protects them, where strength training and conditioning is way better than in the old days of Unitas and Namath, and has a set of rules established that helps the QB throw the ball more efficiently, and the recent examples of alleged "washed up" QB's given.... it's hard to argue that signing creaky old Peyton Manning is that huge of a risk.

But then again we all know the REAL reason you resist this changing of the guard at QB.....

lonestar
03-30-2012, 04:44 PM
1977 - The Denver Broncos acquired creaky old Craig Morton via trade from the NY Giants...he leads them to AFc title, losing in SB to Dallas 27-10. Broncos go 12-2, 10-6, 10-6, 8-8, and 10-6 with him over the course of his career, winning AFC west twice, making playoffs 3 times...narrowly missing out on them the last week in '81

2005 - The Arizona Cardinals acquired creaky old FA QB Kurt Warner and he leads them to playoffs twice, winning NFC conference championship in 2008, losing SB to Steelers 27-23 on a last minute TD.

2009 - The Minnesota Vikings acquired creaky old Brett Favre, and he leads them to NFC conference title bout, losing in OT to eventual SB champion New Orleans.

I douibt any of those teams consider signing or trading for those guys was a waste of time, money, resources or destroyed the development of any young QB on their roster...when the truth is Penrose and Weese weren't the answer in Denver in '77...Leinart had already worn out his welcome in Arizona...Tavarous Jackson? (b**** please)....those teams saw that these older veteran players could still play at a high level...and definitely higher level than those young guys listed.

sure you can bring up Johnny U playing for San Diego after playing 16 years and taking a brutal beating during an era when QB's weren't protected like they are now, or Joe Namath floundering with the Rams in his last season....

...but in this day and age, with QB's playing in a league that values and protects them, where strength training and conditioning is way better than in the old days of Unitas and Namath, and has a set of rules established that helps the QB throw the ball more efficiently, and the recent examples of alleged "washed up" QB's given.... it's hard to argue that signing creaky old Peyton Manning is that huge of a risk.

But then again we all know the REAL reason you resist this changing of the guard at QB.....

Yet none of them have won the ring have they..

will that continue time will tell.. will it be this year highly unlikely unless lots of gaping holes are filled, we get very lucky with Zero injuries and lots of teams on the schedule look past us..

the last is very unlikely since we have Manning..

errand
03-30-2012, 04:49 PM

Sorry dude...

The difference was that even when he looked over matched, you could still see that Elway had remarkable talent....and many other intangibles you just couldn't coach. Same thing with Manning when he was younger...sure their first year in league saw them struggle, but the potential was always there...there was no hedging on whether or not they "could be great"...it was never a question of IF...it was a question of WHEN.

Huge difference in Elway struggling to throw for 55% completion rate vs Tebow....with John you knew it was just a matter of time before he'd be playing at a high level...with tim, you just don't know ...you can't say with 100% certainty that Tebow will ever become a great QB....

Watching Elway play at Stanford...you just knew he was destined for greatness.....

errand
03-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Tebow certainly hasn't been fortunate enough to be taught well. Except how to win. We'll see if he can assimilate pro-level coaching and get another chance to be a starter.

Tebow was always a big fish in the proverbial little pond...that is until he landed into the Ocean that is the NFL. Defenses have figured out how to stop him.....which is why he struggled mightily in his last few weeks of season and into playoffs.

During the 7-1 streak, he turned the ball over twice i believe...after that he turned it over 10 times....

errand
03-30-2012, 04:57 PM
4-12... sounds familiar.

...and the Jets record after acquiring Favre was what? 9-7?

I'd gladly love a 5 win improvement in 2012...why wouldn't you?

errand
03-30-2012, 05:06 PM

I've noticed that a lot of posters on here keep saying "IF" when talking about Tebow's development....

I've not once heard any of them ever say that perhaps, just maybe, that there might be a smidgen of a chance that he's just not that good.

Is that not possible?

Look at Von Miller...he had what 11.5 sacks this season right? Looks great right? and his rookie season, winning Defensive RoY hopefully means he'll be a great one right? Well...sure...perhaps. Problem is we don't know 100% for sure.

Now go back in time and try to recall one Mike Croel....who also won defensive RoY with 10 sacks...and then to quote Edgar allen Poe..."Nevermore"...he bummed around the league following Dan Reeves like Maddox did.

Point being is we have no clue as to how good or bad Tebow may or may not be...but it doesn't matter anymore...he's a Jet now. If he wins the SB, I'm sure we'll have numerous clowns in here yapping that they told us so....OK fine. but why not wait until he actually accomplishes that before you start sculpting his bust for Canton.

rbackfactory80
03-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Give it up Errand. You should be happy. Only time will tell.

errand
03-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Elway was a great young QB but made loads of mistakes himself..

He hinted that he wanted to mentor Tim so he would not take so many hits the same kinds of hits that obviously caused Elway enough damage that he no longer wanted to play..

I understand the reasoning of getting Manning but flushing Tebow just makes zero sense as he would have been ready when Manning retired if not when MAnning gets hurt..

Ok...let's say for argument they kept Tebow...and he languished on the bench for three seasons. You don't think that those that basically worship the guy wouldn't be screaming for him after every Manning INT or if the team struggled a bit?

you guys need to realize, the reason Tim is no longer a Bronco is not because of Tim, because he showed grit and promise, and has some talent and is a PR wet dream, positive locker room presence, and true leader....nope, that's why they should have kept him...but they couldn't.

My personal opinion, and it's been echoed by guys liken Schlereth and a few others...is because of the Beiber-esque fans that follow him around and put up billboards and scream his name after booing the other QB, and call into radio talk shows blasting EFX, and the staff, and his team mates. that's just too much of a circus atmosphere for them to deal with when they're trying to reach the pinnacle of the NFL.

Basically, his fans have made him a marked man....not Tebow. reminds me of the guy who told me he thought Jesus was a great guy, and actually loved Him....but he could not stand his followers. Sometimes it's best to let Tim talk for Tim...if he's half the great guy we all think he is.,..he'll be fine.

MacGruder
03-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Tebow was always a big fish in the proverbial little pond...that is until he landed into the Ocean that is the NFL. Defenses have figured out how to stop him.....which is why he struggled mightily in his last few weeks of season and into playoffs.

During the 7-1 streak, he turned the ball over twice i believe...after that he turned it over 10 times....

Actually he struggled because he had no receivers AND McGahee was injured.

Most the season with Tebow the Broncos were at least one dimensional. Tebow still managed to win that way. But when McGahee was injured too it was hopeless.. they were no dimensional. They didn't even have a decent Oline at least with pass protection.

I think people are going to be blown away by how good Tebow is on a decent team. I think The Jets coaches realize this too. I think Sparano realizes Fox was hurting Tebow more than helping him too by his ultra predictable approach.

errand
03-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Give it up Errand. You should be happy. Only time will tell.

I am happy....my favorite team went from being a 75-1 favorite to win the SB, to 8-1 just by signing ONE player. He happens to be one of the best ever to play his position, and he'll more than likely have us contending for a title soon enough....

again, you mistake my belief that Manning >>>>Tebow as hatred for Tebow. But then again, I guess that is what all you nuthuggers would think....

MacGruder
03-30-2012, 05:24 PM
My personal opinion, and it's been echoed by guys liken Schlereth and a few others...is because of the Beiber-esque fans that follow him around and put up billboards and scream his name after booing the other QB, and call into radio talk shows blasting EFX, and the staff, and his team mates. that's just too much of a circus atmosphere for them to deal with when they're trying to reach the pinnacle of the NFL.

Basically, his fans have made him a marked man....not Tebow. reminds me of the guy who told me he thought Jesus was a great guy, and actually loved Him....but he could not stand his followers. Sometimes it's best to let Tim talk for Tim...if he's half the great guy we all think he is.,..he'll be fine.

This makes no sense.. the Broncos were awful.. Orton was awful. there was no reason not to play Tebow..

If EFX didn't want fans to complain don't make ridiculous decisions by playing Orton who was terrible. It's actually as if they were begging for the fans to complain to use it as an excuse... anyone could see through their BS. We saw Tebow play well last season.. better than Orton.. Then they got rid of the Broncos best receivers before he was made starter and wonder why he might struggle..

errand
03-30-2012, 05:25 PM

Most the season with Tebow the Broncos were at least one dimensional. Tebow still managed to win that way. But when McGahee was injured too it was hopeless.. they were no dimensional. They didn't even have a decent Oline at least with pass protection.

I think people are going to be blown away by how good Tebow is on a decent team. I think The Jets coaches realize this too. I think Sparano realizes Fox was hurting Tebow more than helping him too by his ultra predictable approach.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was successful....just as much as it wouldn't surprise me if he was out of the league building a mission in the Phillipines in two years either.

I've said it many times...no problem with Tebow (other than he can't throw very well)...it's his "maniacal fans" that believe he's gonna be the greatest ever that bother me.

errand
03-30-2012, 05:31 PM
This makes no sense.. the Broncos were awful.. Orton was awful. there was no reason not to play Tebow..

If EFX didn't want fans to complain don't make ridiculous decisions by playing Orton who was terrible. It's actually as if they were begging for the fans to complain to use it as an excuse... anyone could see through their BS. We saw Tebow play well last season.. better than Orton.. Then they got rid of the Broncos best receivers before he was made starter and wonder why he might struggle..

...or make ridiculous decisions like signing Manning either right? you need to listen to the airwaves man...read these message boards with the intent to comprehend what is being said. go on twitter and see what his new team is saying...most like Tim the person, but they don't like his fans, nor do they think he is able to be a great QB.

You've got people on here...yourself included that think this kid, while a great person, is the be all, end all of the QB ...and quite frankly the evidence doesn't support that whacked way of thinking.

I know you can't concieve how your love, or hero worship could cause him harm...but it has. you clowns have made him a distraction....and that was too much for EFX to worry about when they are trying to win a SB.

baja
03-30-2012, 05:34 PM
1977 - The Denver Broncos acquired creaky old Craig Morton via trade from the NY Giants...he leads them to AFC title, losing in SB to Dallas 27-10. Broncos go 12-2, 10-6, 10-6, 8-8, and 10-6 with him over the course of his career, winning AFC west twice, making playoffs 3 times...narrowly missing out on them the last week in '81

I doubt any of those teams consider signing or trading for those guys was a waste of time, money, resources or destroyed the development of any young QB on their roster...when the truth is Penrose and Weese weren't the answer in Denver in '77...Leinart had already worn out his welcome in Arizona...Tavarous Jackson? (b**** please)....those teams saw that these older veteran players could still play at a high level...and definitely higher level than those young guys listed.

persuasive argument

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2012, 05:37 PM

great, have fun watching that. see yah later.

errand
03-30-2012, 05:39 PM

will that continue time will tell.. will it be this year highly unlikely unless lots of gaping holes are filled, we get very lucky with Zero injuries and lots of teams on the schedule look past us..

the last is very unlikely since we have Manning..

Never said signing Manning would guarantee anything....except that when he's on the field opposing teams know they better bring their "A" game.

As for thinking perhaps we get lucky in 2012...let's look at '11...you don't think that it wasn't luck that the Dolphins couldn't recover an onside kick?

Barber not only runs out of bounds, but also fumbles in OT?

That Cutler got injured and we had to face the scrub formerly known as Caleb Hanie?

Prater hits on not one but two 50+ FG's to win the Bears game?

and perhaps the Steelers arrogantly looked past us and decided that there was no way Tebow could beat them throwing the ball that they played 0 cover all day? (Reminds me of thast one game in '85 I think where the Raiders played nickle all day daring us to run the ball, and Winder, Whillite and Parros ran wild)

bottom line is this move was the right one for the franchise......too bad a nice kid had to go. but in my opinion his fans made it a no brainer.

rbackfactory80
03-30-2012, 05:42 PM
I am happy....my favorite team went from being a 75-1 favorite to win the SB, to 8-1 just by signing ONE player. He happens to be one of the best ever to play his position, and he'll more than likely have us contending for a title soon enough....

again, you mistake my belief that Manning >>>>Tebow as hatred for Tebow. But then again, I guess that is what all you nuthuggers would think....

Sorry brah, I let this go along time ago. You on the other hand are working on your thousandth post since he has been released that all say the same thing.

Errand- "in bold nuthuggers Manning tebow sucks"

I will let time be the deciding factor, not a bunch of tool boxes who are happy Tebow is gone because they know Tebow is a winner and they have been losers all their lives.

errand
03-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Sorry brah, I let this go along time ago. You on the other hand are working on your thousandth post since he has been released that all say the same thing.

Errand- "in bold nuthuggers Manning tebow sucks"

I will let time be the deciding factor, not a bunch of tool boxes who are happy Tebow is gone because they know Tebow is a winner and they have been losers all their lives.

Well Tebow is gone....and in my opinion it had nothing to do with him. It had everything to do with his whack job fans.

why do you think the media refers to it as a circus....not because of Tim. He's been nothing but a class act as a Bronco and now as a Jet. the airwaves are not filled with alot of criticisms of him (other than his inability to throw the ball very well so far) It is filled with people bitching about his "circus"

DBroncos4life
03-30-2012, 05:51 PM
persuasive argument

Players he left off:
Joe Montana age 38 second year with KC took them to the AFC championship game.
Randell Cunningham age 35 second year with Minny took them NFC championsip game.
Chris Chandler age 33 second year with the Falcons took them to the Super Bowl.
Warren Moon age 38 got Minny into the playoffs his first year.

errand
03-30-2012, 05:56 PM

..not with their new teams...no. They all however, like Manning had won titles in previous tenures with former teams....Morton with Cowboys in '71, Favre with Packers in '96, Warner with Rams in '99...and oh, snap...who is this...Peyton Manning in '06 with Colts.

Add in that they all turned in one of their best statistical seasons in those years they led their teams to conference championship game appearances, or titles, and again, it makes the signing of Manning that much easier to take...unless of course one has got an irrational man-crush on certain back-up QB's that currently play for the Jets.

Arkie
03-30-2012, 05:58 PM

Peyton's potential is higher than any of those creaky old QB's, but I also think Tebow is better than all the QB's they replaced. It's a fun time to be a Broncos fan. Tebow time was great, and I'm looking forward to Manning putting on a show this year.

MacGruder
03-30-2012, 05:59 PM
...or make ridiculous decisions like signing Manning either right? you need to listen to the airwaves man...read these message boards with the intent to comprehend what is being said. go on twitter and see what his new team is saying...most like Tim the person, but they don't like his fans, nor do they think he is able to be a great QB.

You've got people on here...yourself included that think this kid, while a great person, is the be all, end all of the QB ...and quite frankly the evidence doesn't support that whacked way of thinking.

I know you can't concieve how your love, or hero worship could cause him harm...but it has. you clowns have made him a distraction....and that was too much for EFX to worry about when they are trying to win a SB.

I think the media and people who don't like Tebow are blowing the whole thing out of proportion.. Tebow didn't even win the Madden vote.. People like the kid and he is a blast to watch.. the end. If Elway didn't act like an idiot and a jerk there would be no problem.. if the Broncos team and Orton didn't stink there would have been no problem.. Fox was part of that too.. and Elway hired Fox... they really didn't take any responsibility.. they blamed the fans.

Tebow and the fans bailed them out..

errand
03-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Players he left off:
Randell Cunningham age 35 second year with Minny took them NFC championsip game.

Yes...and again, they put up some decent numbers while doing so....add in that these guys were all considered "washed up".

They all talk about Tebow's heart...but they never think about these older guys pride and heart. Manning has people that root for his new team doubting him. i think he'll put up numbers that will shut them up.

rbackfactory80
03-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Well Tebow is gone....and in my opinion it had nothing to do with him. It had everything to do with his whack job fans.

why do you think the media refers to it as a circus....not because of Tim. He's been nothing but a class act as a Bronco and now as a Jet. the airwaves are not filled with alot of criticisms of him (other than his inability to throw the ball very well so far) It is filled with people b****ing about his "circus"

That's fine and it is your opinion. I could think of a thousand reasons why I think you are wrong but they don't matter. At this point we have made our decisions about Tebow and no one on either side will be persuaded to think otherwise.

rbackfactory80
03-30-2012, 06:05 PM
The only thing I truly respect about the Manning decision is he didn't make it the Titans for the sole reason of sticking it in the Colts asses twice a year. That tells me a lot about Manning. People like Farve only wanted to play for the revenge factor.

errand
03-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Also...let's not forget that Earl Morrall,picked up for $100 waiver wire fee by dolphins helped the dolphins maintain their undefeated season, going 11-0 and led them to AFC title game vs Steelers where he did struggle and was replaced by a healthy Bob Griese

He was just about 38 years old then.....

baja
03-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Players he left off:

Wow there are a lot of examples supporting the wisdom of bring in Manning

errand
03-30-2012, 06:08 PM
That's fine and it is your opinion. I could think of a thousand reasons why I think you are wrong but they don't matter. At this point we have made our decisions about Tebow and no one on either side will be persuaded to think otherwise.

Fair enough....

errand
03-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Wow there are a lot of examples supporting the wisdom of bring in Manning

It's not just bringing in an old dog to see if he can do new tricks.....it's bringing in Lassie (the biggest dog) and telling her to go fetch someone to help....ah, ****....sorry guys this was unintentional....Timmy.;D

baja
03-30-2012, 06:12 PM
I think the media and people who don't like Tebow are blowing the whole thing out of proportion.. Tebow didn't even win the Madden vote.. People like the kid and he is a blast to watch.. the end. If Elway didn't act like an idiot and a jerk there would be no problem.. if the Broncos team and Orton didn't stink there would have been no problem.. Fox was part of that too.. and Elway hired Fox... they really didn't take any responsibility.. they blamed the fans.

Tebow and the fans bailed them out..

Wasn't it a little sobering to you when Tebow lost 3 of his last 4 games once DCs figured out how to defend him?

baja
03-30-2012, 06:14 PM
It's not just bringing in an old dog to see if he can do new tricks.....it's bringing in Lassie (the biggest dog) and telling her to go fetch someone to help....ah, ****....sorry guys this was unintentional....Timmy.;D

I'd go with Rin Tin Tin

MacGruder
03-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Wasn't it a little sobering to you when Tebow lost 3 of his last 4 games once DCs figured out how to defend him?

Not at all.. one of those losses was versus the Pats.. 2 were against teams that had nothing to lose. I also think the Broncos and team hit the wall just trying to dig out of the hole they had been put in. The Broncos were a terrible team plus Fox was using Tebow terribly.

People don't understand it but Fox was really sacrificing offense to protect his defense. He did the same with Orton...

Jay3
03-30-2012, 06:18 PM
I've noticed that a lot of posters on here keep saying "IF" when talking about Tebow's development....

I've not once heard any of them ever say that perhaps, just maybe, that there might be a smidgen of a chance that he's just not that good.

You're seeing what you're looking for.

There is a very real possibility that Tebow is not good enough to play in the NFL.

Oh, but wait -- it doesn't count. Because by saying that, I'm not one of the "crazy ones."

But that means . . . the whole thing is circular.

Point being is we have no clue as to how good or bad Tebow may or may not be...but it doesn't matter anymore...he's a Jet now. If he wins the SB, I'm sure we'll have numerous clowns in here yapping that they told us so....OK fine. but why not wait until he actually accomplishes that before you start sculpting his bust for Canton.

Welcome to following the NFL. Apparently, it consists of more than reporting what happened yesterday. It includes speculation and hope about what the next snap, the next game, the next draft, or the next season might bring.

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Not at all.. one of those losses was versus the Pats.. 2 were against teams that had nothing to lose. I also think the Broncos and team hit the wall just trying to dig out of the hole they had been put in. The Broncos were a terrible team plus Fox was using Tebow terribly.

People don't understand it but Fox was really sacrificing offense to protect his defense. He did the same with Orton...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MBfYQOSSPqc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

baja
03-30-2012, 06:21 PM

Did you watch the Buffalo game? That was on Timmy and you know I love the guy. He needs seasoning maybe the Jets staff will be more willing to season him.

MacGruder
03-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Did you watch the Buffalo game? That was on Timmy and you know I love the guy. He needs seasoning maybe the Jets staff will be more willing to season him.

Brady had just as bad a game against the same D.. what do Brady and Tebow have in common? They both have awful receivers. McGahee was also injured at that time..

And.. One thing I noticed about Fox.. the more is at stake the worse his coaching gets. I noticed this at the end of the season and after the Broncos beat the Steelers.

I just don't think Fox is suited to coaching in the modern NFL. he has a total losers mentality.

baja
03-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Brady had just as bad a game against the same D.. what do Brady and Tebow have in common? They both have awful receivers. McGahee was also injured at that time..

And.. One thing I noticed about Fox.. the more is at stake the worse his coaching gets. I noticed this at the end of the season and after the Broncos beat the Steelers.

I just don't think Fox is suited to coaching in the modern NFL. he has a total losers mentality.

His strong suit is he gets out of the way and lets his position coaches and coordinators coach which is perfect for Manning and Del Rio. He is much better suited for this new group.

baja
03-30-2012, 06:31 PM
I agree he was not the best coach for Tebow. Fat boy is going to be much better for Tim.

DBroncos4life
03-30-2012, 06:36 PM
I agree he was not the best coach for Tebow. Fat boy is going to be much better for Tim.

I bet fat boy will be fired after this season and Tebow will be on his 4th HC in 4 years.

Bacchus
03-30-2012, 06:41 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MBfYQOSSPqc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WTF is up with the cat?? LOL

baja
03-30-2012, 06:43 PM
I bet fat boy will be fired after this season and Tebow will be on his 4th HC in 4 years.

Sure there is no guarantee that TT will ever become the great QB many of us think he can but he has a lot going for him. I won't bet against him. He does need the right situation and that was not ever going to be Denver.

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2012, 06:46 PM
WTF is up with the cat?? LOL

that's baja's cat in that kitty plays a mean piano...

DBroncos4life
03-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Sure there is no guarantee that TT will ever become the great QB many of us think he can but he has a lot going for him. I won't bet against him. He does need the right situation and that was not ever going to be Denver.

I know it's hard to bet against him but, lets be real it's any QB to develop with constant change. We seen it with Alex Smith and he didn't have near the work coming out of college as Tebow did. Right now the best thing for him is not to have fans and the media forcing him into the starting line up. We know that isn't possible though.

MacGruder
03-30-2012, 06:49 PM
His strong suit is he gets out of the way and lets his position coaches and coordinators coach which is perfect for Manning and Del Rio. He is much better suited for this new group.

I have a feeling his impact will still be felt though. They say teams take on the personality of their coach.. meekness is not something you want in football.

The scary thing to me is that both Manning and Fox share this same mentality IMO.

Del Rio could be huge though. Having someone of that caliber as def coordinator can't be a bad thing.

As for Rex I think his ballsy personality mixed with Sparano's knowledge of the wildcat and his experience with offensive lines could be a great fit with Tebow. Tebow loves to throw deep and it helps the run game tremendously.. if Sparano can protect him well and with decent receivers and a good D who knows how far they could go..

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2012, 06:54 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BptQHAW2T5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

baja
03-30-2012, 07:06 PM
I know it's hard to bet against him but, lets be real it's any QB to develop with constant change. We seen it with Alex Smith and he didn't have near the work coming out of college as Tebow did. Right now the best thing for him is not to have fans and the media forcing him into the starting line up. We know that isn't possible though.

Well I'm glad you brought up Alex Smith, he is a great case for comparison. TT's long suit is mental toughness and focus where as Smith is know to be weak minded. That is why I think Tebow will persevere where the Alex Smiths get ground up in the meat grinder know as the NFL.

I think there is a greater chance Tebow will have a 'calling' and take himself out of the game than any other circumstance.

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2012, 07:13 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/icqibIqr-b8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I'll not be a gentleman...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oFyv6Y2J9Lw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

baja
03-30-2012, 07:24 PM
I hope you are not linking those videos for my benefit cause I don't watch them.

DBroncos4life
03-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Well I'm glad you brought up Alex Smith, he is a great case for comparison. TT's long suit is mental toughness and focus where as Smith is know to be weak minded. That is why I think Tebow will persevere where the Alex Smiths get ground up in the meat grinder know as the NFL.

I think there is a greater chance Tebow will have a 'calling' and take himself out of the game than any other circumstance.

San Fran is a lot more forgiving then NYC man.

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2012, 07:31 PM
I hope you are not linking those videos for my benefit cause I don't watch them.

yep, it's for you. how'd you know?

MacGruder
03-30-2012, 07:35 PM
San Fran is a lot more forgiving then NYC man.

Forgiving of what? Tebow gave the Broncos the best running game in the NFL.. running wins playoff games..

baja
03-30-2012, 07:36 PM
yep, it's for you. how'd you know?

Well my first clue was your know tendency to post others work (Videos) rather than cultivating your own thoughts.

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Well my first clue was your know tendency to post others work (Videos) rather than cultivating your own thoughts.

hmm... you got me. You're right, I have no original thoughts of my own, and with that said...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SiMQygZFPGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

baja
03-30-2012, 07:45 PM
hmm... you got me. You're right, I have no original thoughts of my own, and with that said...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SiMQygZFPGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I didn't say never. I said, "a tendency ".

Hotrod
03-30-2012, 08:10 PM
****ing love that guy

I could use PR guy like his.

TheReverend
03-30-2012, 08:13 PM
I could use PR guy like his.

Jesus?

Hotrod
03-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Jesus?

Hes good no doubt but last I heard he demands 10% of your earnings. Thats pretty steep IMHO

DBroncos4life
03-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Hes good no doubt but last I heard he demands 10% of your earnings. Thats pretty steep IMHO

LOL

errand
03-30-2012, 08:25 PM

... that's a lot less than our government takes from you ROFL!

DBroncos4life
03-30-2012, 08:36 PM

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7757218

NEW YORK -- If Tim Tebow has his sights set on Mark Sanchez's job, the New York Jets backup quarterback is keeping it to himself.

Tebow told 1050 ESPN Radio on Friday that he's "not sure" if he'll ever be a starting quarterback again, and that thought doesn't even concern him right now.

Really I can't understand why he isn't even concerned about it. At some point you got to wonder what he does care about.

MacGruder
03-30-2012, 08:49 PM

NEW YORK -- If Tim Tebow has his sights set on Mark Sanchez's job, the New York Jets backup quarterback is keeping it to himself.

Tebow told 1050 ESPN Radio on Friday that he's "not sure" if he'll ever be a starting quarterback again, and that thought doesn't even concern him right now.

Really I can't understand why he isn't even concerned about it. At some point you got to wonder what he does care about.

I listened to that interview... he just said that old line he says all the time.. I don't know what my future holds but do know who holds my future..

He isn't worried about what happens but that doesn't mean he doesn't care. He seems to feel he is just going to do everything he can to become a prototypical NFL QB and whatever happens happens.. he isn't going to let it ruin his life one way or another.

In the end it's just a game.. a game run by and played by a lot of not very bright and jealous people as well.. so why get too concerned about it all?

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2012, 09:00 PM
I didn't say never. I said, "a tendency ".

its too late homey, I've gone full retard...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WlYlBDbb0VQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

baja
03-30-2012, 09:09 PM

Course he wants to start, he is just playing it smart. It's answers like that that will allow he to become a starter one day. He's patient and smart. He's an amazing guy when you consider how young he is.

TheDave
03-30-2012, 09:09 PM

Tebow the coach killer...ROFL!

MacGruder
03-30-2012, 09:11 PM
It's incredible to me that anyone could see how Tebow played last season and question his desire, passion or commitment..

baja
03-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Tebow the coach killer...ROFL!

If you saw Nick Noltie (sp) today you'd have to say your avatar is a flattering photo. I saw him the other day (TV show) and almost did not recognize who it was.

TheDave
03-30-2012, 09:18 PM
I think Tebow fans greatly underestimate how much the kid loves the celebrity/limelight side of his job...

baja
03-30-2012, 09:21 PM
I think Tebow fans greatly underestimate how much the kid loves the celebrity/limelight side of his job...

I think you are right and he handles it very well.

I would not be surprised to see him in politics one day and very successful too.

TheDave
03-30-2012, 09:29 PM
I think you are right and he handles it very well.

Not well enough to master a 3 step drop... and that was always my biggest concern.

I never understood how an athlete of his caliber with such an amazing work ethic couldn't fix his foot work. It never made sense to me.

baja
03-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Not well enough to master a 3 step drop... and that was always my biggest concern.

I never understood how an athlete of his caliber with such an amazing work ethic couldn't fix his foot work. It never made sense to me.

He's quite severely dyslexic maybe that's part of it.

I know I'm dyslexic and for the life of me I can't stop reversing ('b's) and (p's).

Who knows.

baja
03-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Also he seems to be able to slip into "the zone" (his greatest gift) when the pressure in on during the game and that carries him but it also causes to revert to his old habits.

MacGruder
03-30-2012, 09:54 PM

Tebow is a victim of his own greatness.. he never had to polish his mechanics because he dominated anyway. They didn't want him to mess with them because he was dominating and they didn't want to mess him up. Plus.. he can do the drills.. he just can't do them against the best competition because he hasn't played in those systems his whole life.

I think this is the real subtext that is going on as well.. I think the guys who went to college to prepare for the NFL playing in NFL systems think that Tebow shouldn't have a chance in the NFL because he didn't follow that route and chose to win in college. So in a way he's being crucified for his own success out of jealousy. I also think this is why Tebow was so torn on what college to go to. If he had gone to Alabama with a more pro style offense he would have developed all those NFL skills.. so he had to choose between instant success or NFL success..

MacGruder
03-30-2012, 09:57 PM

What is wrong with that? I think he could have much more of that if he wanted it as well... so he must not love it that much.. but why shouldn't someone love it?

Hotrod
03-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Tebow is a victim of his own greatness.. he never had to polish his mechanics because he dominated anyway. They didn't want him to mess with them because he was dominating and they didn't want to mess him up. Plus.. he can do the drills.. he just can't do them against the best competition because he hasn't played in those systems his whole life.

I think this is the real subtext that is going on as well.. I think the guys who went to college to prepare for the NFL playing in NFL systems think that Tebow shouldn't have a chance in the NFL because he didn't follow that route and chose to win in college. So in a way he's being crucified for his own success out of jealousy. I also think this is why Tebow was so torn on what college to go to. If he had gone to Alabama with a more pro style offense he would have developed all those NFL skills.. so he had to choose between instant success or NFL success..

I agree. Well that and he cant really throw a football. But mostly what you guys said.

MacGruder
03-30-2012, 10:06 PM
I agree. Well that and he cant really throw a football. But mostly what you guys said.

He's great throwing the ball deep.. I think that is more impressive than most NFL Qbs who are dinkers and dunkers..

I think it's funny because if there were more guys like Tebow the NFL game would be played the way he plays it.. but he's so unique that NFL people have had to get by with guys who have far less ability but survive with convoluted NFL passing attacks.. but the system is so wide spread there is no place for a guy like Tebow.. it's truly bizarre...

Orange4Life
03-30-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm really going to miss that Tebow kid! Best of luck Timmy! I hope you win every game except when you play us!

MacGruder
03-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Here is a great article about Tebow.. it talks about how history keeps repeating itself. Tebow is having to prove himself as a QB in the NFL just like he had to starting out as a highschool QB.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/31/sports/football/mania-for-tim-tebow-rooted-in-big-moments.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&seid=auto&smid=tw-nytimes

DBroncos4life
03-31-2012, 03:49 AM
Course he wants to start, he is just playing it smart. It's answers like that that will allow he to become a starter one day. He's patient and smart. He's an amazing guy when you consider how young he is.

I've never once seen a player say something like that. Its always I am coming into camp expecting to be the starter, or something along those lines.

Jay3
03-31-2012, 03:51 AM
I've never once seen a player say something like that. Its always I am coming into camp expecting to be the starter, or something along those lines.

Always? Caleb Hanie expecting to be a starter?

I think "expecting compete" or "have an opportunity" what a lot of QB's say. Because you don't get half the reps on day one. You get about 5.

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 04:00 AM

They are trying to prevent a QB controversy. Many people jumped to the conclusion that it was preordained Tebow would start. He's trying to dissuade that belief. That is why this situation is unique.

DBroncos4life
03-31-2012, 04:03 AM
Always? Caleb Hanie expecting to be a starter?

I think "expecting compete" or "have an opportunity" what a lot of QB's say. Because you don't get half the reps on day one. You get about 5.

Did you read what Tebow said? I doubt Hanie would say something like that.

Jay3
03-31-2012, 04:23 AM
Did you read what Tebow said? I doubt Hanie would say something like that.

I read it. I think they're trying to make a headline out of what amounts to "I don't know."

"I'm not sure" is just another way of saying "I don't know." It doesn't always mean "I've given it great consideration, and I am plagued by profound doubt."

He was just trying to set up his "I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future" line, which he's said 1,000 times before.

errand
03-31-2012, 05:41 AM

This.....

Imagine had he done exactly that....then again, he doesn't fall to #25 if he did, and we'd have never had him in our team anyways because someone else probably would have drafted him

rbackfactory80
03-31-2012, 06:02 AM
I think Caleb Hanie doesn't have a ton of faith in Manning remaining healthy...like me.

Despite if his neck holds up, he is still a 36 year old qb who hasn't played in a year and a half.

DBroncos4life
03-31-2012, 06:58 AM
I read it. I think they're trying to make a headline out of what amounts to "I don't know."

"I'm not sure" is just another way of saying "I don't know." It doesn't always mean "I've given it great consideration, and I am plagued by profound doubt."

He was just trying to set up his "I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future" line, which he's said 1,000 times before.

I dont care about that part. Its the it doesn't even concern him part. Orton all last off-season said he expected to be the starter, blah, blah. No one will ever confuse him for a winner. I would expect at least the same if not more out of Tebow.

errand
03-31-2012, 07:06 AM
I think Caleb Hanie doesn't have a ton of faith in Manning remaining healthy...like me.

Despite if his neck holds up, he is still a 36 year old qb who hasn't played in a year and a half.

Manning's work ethic is just as legendary as the guy he replaced....he's allegedly on schedule, and has stated he can play today. Sure, he might be a bit rusty, but then again, his work ethic and pride I'm pretty sure he will be ready....and after watching Hanie last year, hopefully he'll never play a down for us.

Jay3
03-31-2012, 07:11 AM
I dont care about that part. Its the it doesn't even concern him part. Orton all last off-season said he expected to be the starter, blah, blah. No one will ever confuse him for a winner. I would expect at least the same if not more out of Tebow.

He just expressed that he's not going to worry about it. He says he doesn't worry about the things he can't control.

Another of the approximately 10 things he's repeated about 1,000 times.

It's code for "I can't control it if the coaches are too stupid to see that I should be out there."

DBroncos4life
03-31-2012, 10:12 AM
He just expressed that he's not going to worry about it. He says he doesn't worry about the things he can't control.

Another of the approximately 10 things he's repeated about 1,000 times.

It's code for "I can't control it if the coaches are too stupid to see that I should be out there."

Awesome! Opening the door for another NFL coach to be blamed for his failures. After Ryan is fired coaches will stay away from his media and fans wrath. That's his biggest issue. Not his throwing motion or foot work. Its everything HE can't control.

lonestar
03-31-2012, 10:20 AM

the cowgirls are another culture totally, he is coming into another NFC team after being a BEAR for years. Romo is either loved or hated a lot like KO was in CHI or DEN, he knows a lower profile is wise and let his work do the talking..

He is not a dummy and knows that "the girls" is a high-profile team with an uber high-profile stadium and owner.. outrageous is not his style anymore..

lonestar
03-31-2012, 10:30 AM
They are trying to prevent a QB controversy. Many people jumped to the conclusion that it was preordained Tebow would start. He's trying to dissuade that belief. That is why this situation is unique.

Only a few morons thought that..those die hard Tebow fans that came on board becasue he was a bronco..

Most rational fans thought that Orton would be the starter and probably pushed by Quinn.. Knowing that Tebow was a project..

Many hoped that Tebow would get fixed fast so he could take over, but even most of those just hated Orton because he replaced their precious cutlet..

winstoncup bronco
03-31-2012, 10:43 AM

Geez guy, the kid is just trying to say all the right things in front of a micrphone.

Of course Orton would say he expected to be the starter last offseason - he closed out the previous year as the starter, so why wouldn't he think that? If anything, the fact that he even had to make a deal out of it should tell you something.

No one is going to come in and blow up team chemistry by putting the incumbent QB on notice during his introductory press conference. I think you know this as well, but are using it as an excuse to pile on.

If Tebow were to ever supplant Sanchez (which I think he will), it won't be because of anything he said or didn't say last week.

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Only a few morons thought that..those die hard Tebow fans that came on board becasue he was a bronco..

I was talking about with Sanchez... many people thought he went to New York because they had agreed he would have a great chance tom start. He is trying to play that down whether true or not...

Most rational fans thought that Orton would be the starter and probably pushed by Quinn.. Knowing that Tebow was a project..

The only reason Tebow was viewed as a project was because Fox changed the offense to a much more conventional stodgy offense. It;s obvious Fox only knows how to coach one style... he is probably the worst guy in the NFL to adapt to such a unique talent like Tebow offensively. And even then Tebow still outplayed Orton and Quinn so people were wrong.

Many hoped that Tebow would get fixed fast so he could take over, but even most of those just hated Orton because he replaced their precious cutlet..

I think most just realized Orotn and Quinn were lost causes.. Tebow could develop so why not play him when the team stunk?

peacepipe
03-31-2012, 11:03 AM
I was talking about with Sanchez... many people thought he went to New York because they had agreed he would have a great chance tom start. He is trying to play that down whether true or not...

The only reason Tebow was viewed as a project was because Fox changed the offense to a much more conventional stodgy offense. It;s obvious Fox only knows how to coach one style... he is probably the worst guy in the NFL to adapt to such a unique talent like Tebow offensively. And even then Tebow still outplayed Orton and Quinn so people were wrong.

I think most just realized Orotn and Quinn were lost causes.. Tebow could develop so why not play him when the team stunk?Fox never changed the offense. it was the same offense as the previous year. funny fox didn't have any problems letting orton throw the ball. He changed offense to better suit tebow. the tebow offense was set up to limit his weaknesses,like his passing,& capitolize on his strength,running the ball.

DBroncos4life
03-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Geez guy, the kid is just trying to say all the right things in front of a micrphone.

Of course Orton would say he expected to be the starter last offseason - he closed out the previous year as the starter, so why wouldn't he think that? If anything, the fact that he even had to make a deal out of it should tell you something.

No one is going to come in and blow up team chemistry by putting the incumbent QB on notice during his introductory press conference. I think you know this as well, but are using it as an excuse to pile on.

If Tebow were to ever supplant Sanchez (which I think he will), it won't be because of anything he said or didn't say last week.

When he supplants Sanchez it will because of Sanchez play, just like Orton. I'm more dissapointed with Tebows lack of honesty in front of the media. We all knows he wants to be the starter but because he is more worried about his image and fitting in he comes off kind of two faced.

baja
03-31-2012, 11:23 AM
When he supplants Sanchez it will because of Sanchez play, just like Orton. I'm more dissapointed with Tebows lack of honesty in front of the media. We all knows he wants to be the starter bit because he is more worried about his image and fitting in he comes off kind of two faced.

He said what was best for the locker room and the team. Of course he wants to start. Have you ever heard any athlete say, "It's my dream to play back up quarterback in the NFL".

bowtown
03-31-2012, 11:25 AM
I think it's hilarious how upset grown men around here get about football players or FOs being less than truthful and using PR messaging to advance an agenda. Like this is somehow different than every other aspect of your lives.

But when Tebow or Elway do it it hurts my feelings... blah.

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 11:33 AM
Fox never changed the offense. it was the same offense as the previous year. funny fox didn't have any problems letting orton throw the ball. He changed offense to better suit tebow. the tebow offense was set up to limit his weaknesses,like his passing,& capitolize on his strength,running the ball.

Elway brought Fox in to overhaul the defense and run game..,.. Fox played a slowed down and predictable offense.. Watch the Raiders game. it was a virtual carbon copy of with Tebow.. but the run game was weaker with Orton so Fox couldn't run it more. Orton is a dink and dunker which hampers the run game.

Tebow ran the McD offense better than Orton when Tebow played those three games at the end of last season..

baja
03-31-2012, 11:40 AM
I think it's hilarious how upset grown men around here get about football players or FOs being less than truthful and using PR messaging to advance an agenda. Like this is somehow different than every other aspect of your lives.

But when Tebow or Elway do it it hurts my feelings... blah.

Yet they never had a problem with Shanny's coach speak. You could tell he was lying when you saw his lips moving. But that was admired by all back in the day. ;D

baja
03-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Elway brought Fox in to overhaul the defense and run game..,.. Fox played a slowed down and predictable offense.. Watch the Raiders game. it was a virtual carbon copy of with Tebow.. but the run game was weaker with Orton so Fox couldn't run it more. Orton is a dink and dunker which hampers the run game.

Tebow ran the McD offense better than Orton when Tebow played those three games at the end of last season..

Not busten in ya but have you chosen a Jets board yet? If so I'd like to know which one. I enjoy your internet persona.

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 11:49 AM
Not busten in ya but have you chosen a Jets board yet? If so I'd like to know which one. I enjoy your internet persona.

I am probably hanging up my Tebow defender agenda... The reason I was into it is because it was like a puzzle.. trying to figure out how to convince people of his value. But it seems it is unsolvable.

Plus.. I think I had a much better chance of changing people's minds here in Denver Broncos land.. it will be even more impossible in Jets land... they are even more stubborn AND they are far more dug in with Sanchez than Broncos fans were with Orton.

Jay3
03-31-2012, 11:49 AM
When he supplants Sanchez it will because of Sanchez play, just like Orton. I'm more dissapointed with Tebows lack of honesty in front of the media. We all knows he wants to be the starter but because he is more worried about his image and fitting in he comes off kind of two faced.

He never said he didn't want to start. He was asked what he thought would happen.

There's a difference between wanting to be out there, and being sure that you will be.

He'd be stupid right now to "expect" to start, unless "expect" is being given some philosophical meaning about confidence.

If he had said "No, I don't expect to, because Mark is the starter," it would be different. He just said it wasn't in his hands.

baja
03-31-2012, 11:54 AM
I am probably hanging up my Tebow defender agenda... The reason I was into it is because it was like a puzzle.. trying to figure out how to convince people of his value. But it seems it is unsolvable.

Plus.. I think I had a much better chance of changing people's minds here in Denver Broncos land.. it will be even more impossible in Jets land... they are even more stubborn AND they are far more dug in with Sanchez than Broncos fans were with Orton.

jets fans hate sanchez.

DBroncos4life
03-31-2012, 11:54 AM
He said what was best for the locker room and the team. Of course he wants to start. Have you ever heard any athlete say, "It's my dream to play back up quarterback in the NFL".

So he is fake.

DBroncos4life
03-31-2012, 11:58 AM
He never said he didn't want to start. He was asked what he thought would happen.

There's a difference between wanting to be out there, and being sure that you will be.

He'd be stupid right now to "expect" to start, unless "expect" is being given some philosophical meaning about confidence.

If he had said "No, I don't expect to, because Mark is the starter," it would be different. He just said it wasn't in his hands.

Of course its in his hands. He can out play Sanchez who sucks ass and take the job from him. No QB with the winning attitude like Tebow should ever EXPECT to be anything less then the starter.

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 11:59 AM
jets fans hate sanchez.

Not compared to Tebow they don't... haha Same with the players. There is a theory that Tebow was brought in as a way of making the Jets players support Sanchez more simply because the players don't want Tebow to start.. such as the receivers who don't want Tebow running the ball taking their numbers away.. same as Broncos receivers. The NFL is a business..

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 12:02 PM
So he is fake.

There's more that one side of the truth.. you can say what Tebow said and still think you will win the starting job...

bowtown
03-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Of course its in his hands. He can out play Sanchez who sucks ass and take the job from him. No QB with the winning attitude like Tebow should ever EXPECTA to be anything less then the starter.

Come on, now you're just being silly. Basing your dislike of a football player on his syntax is retarded.

DBroncos4life
03-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Come on, now you're just being silly. Basing your dislike of a football player on his syntax is retarded.

I don't hate him. If you don't think that is true for ANY QB I don't know what to tell you.

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 12:21 PM
I think the reason people take Tebow's comments the wrong way is because most people are not the team players Tebow is.. Tebow is all about the team first... which is why he is such a winner. If all the players on a team had his attitude they would win the superbowl every year.

I think this is why people just don't understand where he is coming from when he says things like this.. we have forgotten what being a team player really means. This is why it's not wise to say "I have never heard other backup QBs talk like this" those guys are nowhere near the winner Tebow is.

Baba Booey
03-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Eugh, I love Tebow but I hate the Jets and everything about them.

lonestar
03-31-2012, 12:24 PM

I think most just realized Orotn and Quinn were lost causes.. Tebow could develop so why not play him when the team stunk?

Tebow was a 3-4 year project when drafted everyone but a few morons knew that..

As for Orton everyone with a brain KNEW he was the logical choice out of the QB on the roster..

Did not like it but knew that Tebow was not ready as seen numerous times when he was playing..

Could he start sure but getting your ass kicked while doing it was dumb and neither Josh or Fox was dumb enough to do that initially..

Was there a long-term plan for him absolutely, but as I said ONLY as FEW MORONS though it would be year one..

We all know that John and John staarted him over a better qualified #2 do to the fan pressure..They never expected the rest of the team to step up and play like they did.. They were going to say see he was not ready after a couple of games and then get back into the Andrew Luck race..

That said I like Tebow and think he will be a top 5 guy in a couple of years, OR he will fail trying to do that IMO him failing is unlikely..

QUit is not in his blood and HE knows that the way to spread his word is to be the talk of the town..

lonestar
03-31-2012, 12:28 PM
jets fans hate sanchez.

YEs most do.. but then there are few that love the guy like some of the tebowites have since he was in high school.

Unlikely from the ones I know that anyone of them just like the guy it is either hate or adore..

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Tebow was a 3-4 year project when drafted everyone but a few morons knew that..

Only in a conventional NFL offense.. because the same people that said Tebow was a 3-4 year project were the same people saying Tebow's style would never work in the SEC and that it would never work in the NFL. People said Tebow would never be able to run in the NFL.. they were wrong about that. If he can run the way he does there is no reason he would be a project. He just passed for 316 against the top D in the NFL.. how can you still claim Tebow is a project after that? It makes no sense. He did that with no receivers too..

As for Orton everyone with a brain KNEW he was the logical choice out of the QB on the roster..

WTF? Wow.. this is just mind boggling.. how can people still lie to theirself after being proven emphatically wrong?

Did not like it but knew that Tebow was not ready as seen numerous times when he was playing..

Tebow outplayed Orton last season... under far worst circumstances..

Could he start sure but getting your ass kicked while doing it was dumb and neither Josh or Fox was dumb enough to do that initially..

Not dumb enough to possibly win a superbowl? If they had gone all in with Tebow and had any idea what they were doing they could have done that.. I knew Tebow could win a superbowl his first years in the NFL.. and I feel that was validated this season. Even with everything stacked against him he made progress into the playoffs. If he hadn't met BB in the playoffs and McD who knows how far he could have gotten.. these are the one guys who knew how to coach outside the box and stop Tebow.

Was there a long-term plan for him absolutely, but as I said ONLY as FEW MORONS though it would be year one..

A few morons proven right.. that makes them geniuses.. I explained exactly why Tebow was so unstoppable and it was proven right against the Steelers..

We all know that John and John staarted him over a better qualified #2 do to the fan pressure..They never expected the rest of the team to step up and play like they did.. They were going to say see he was not ready after a couple of games and then get back into the Andrew Luck race..

It wasn't just that they stepped up.. it was because Tebow made the Broncos into the best running team in the NFL.. that wins playoff game.. that protects the D and prevents turnovers..

That said I like Tebow and think he will be a top 5 guy in a couple of years, OR he will fail trying to do that IMO him failing is unlikely..

QUit is not in his blood and HE knows that the way to spread his word is to be the talk of the town..

We agree on this..

peacepipe
03-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Only in a conventional NFL offense.. because the same people that said Tebow was a 3-4 year project were the same people saying Tebow's style would never work in the SEC and that it would never work in the NFL. People said Tebow would never be able to run in the NFL.. they were wrong about that. If he can run the way he does there is no reason he would be a project. He just passed for 316 against the top D in the NFL.. how can you still claim Tebow is a project after that? It makes no sense. He did that with no receivers too..

WTF? Wow.. this is just mind boggling.. how can people still lie to theirself after being proven emphatically wrong?

Tebow outplayed Orton last season... under far worst circumstances..

Not dumb enough to possibly win a superbowl? If they had gone all in with Tebow and had any idea what they were doing they could have done that.. I knew Tebow could win a superbowl his first years in the NFL.. and I feel that was validated this season. Even with everything stacked against him he made progress into the playoffs. If he hadn't met BB in the playoffs and McD who knows how far he could have gotten.. these are the one guys who knew how to coach outside the box and stop Tebow.

A few morons proven right.. that makes them geniuses.. I explained exactly why Tebow was so unstoppable and it was proven right against the Steelers..

It wasn't just that they stepped up.. it was because Tebow made the Broncos into the best running team in the NFL.. that wins playoff game.. that protects the D and prevents turnovers..

We agree on this..

one game does not = a trend. the 1-4 finish was more indicative of his future. teams figured him out.

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 01:46 PM
one game does not = a trend. the 1-4 finish was more indicative of his future. teams figured him out.

No.. McGahee was injured.. the Broncos were one dimensional because of the weak line and weak receivers and coaching.. with McGahee and Tebow they could at least run.. without McGahee there was no chance..

Plus the team had been worn out from digging out of the hole Orton put them in.. just to get in a position to have a chance to make the playoffs.

AND Tebow had the biggest target on him in the NFL... with no help.. and facing teams that could defend him in a crazy way because they had nothing to lose.

And one playoff game does make a trend.. it was the best defensive team in the NFL. Urban Meyer said the same thing.. it proved if Fox just let him play his style worked.

But then Fox realized he had something to lose against the Pats and his tight sphincter or ego took over...

peacepipe
03-31-2012, 01:56 PM
No.. McGahee was injured.. the Broncos were one dimensional because of the weak line and weak receivers and coaching.. with McGahee and Tebow they could at least run.. without McGahee there was no chance..

Plus the team had been worn out from digging out of the hole Orton put them in.. just to get in a position to have a chance to make the playoffs.

AND Tebow had the biggest target on him in the NFL... with no help.. and facing teams that could defend him in a crazy way because they had nothing to lose.

And one playoff game does make a trend.. it was the best defensive team in the NFL. Urban Meyer said the same thing.. it proved if Fox just let him play his style worked.

But then Fox realized he had something to lose against the Pats and his tight sphincter or ego took over...denver didn't have a weak line,just a QB who held the ball way too long. they did a damn good job protecting orton.

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 02:03 PM
denver didn't have a weak line,just a QB who held the ball way too long. they did a damn good job protecting orton.

Orton was getting roughed up and fetaling constantly.

The line was awful.. the only reason it didn't always loo bad is because teams didn't want to rush Tebow much of the time because if they did he would bust out of the pocket and scramble for yards. They would hold back on the rush to keep him in the pocket.. then when he was forced to pass then rush.

The Pats tore up the oline.. that was how they won the game. They knew the oline was terrible and just steamrolled it. That was the best bet they saw of stopping Tebow. Fox's simplistic predictable offense sure helped them too..

And Tebow had to hold onto the ball because he had no run game and no receivers.. AND Fox wouldn't let Tebow pass the ball unless he was certain he wouldn't get interceptions. That was what Fox's gameplan was based on. reducing turnovers.. without Tebow's running ability he couldn't do that.

peacepipe
03-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Orton was getting roughed up and fetaling constantly.

The line was awful.. the only reason it didn't always loo bad is because teams didn't want to rush Tebow much of the time because if they did he would bust out of the pocket and scramble for yards. They would hold back on the rush to keep him in the pocket.. then when he was forced to pass then rush.

The Pats tore up the oline.. that was how they won the game. They knew the oline was terrible and just steamrolled it. That was the best bet they saw of stopping Tebow. Fox's simplistic predictable offense sure helped them too..

And Tebow had to hold onto the ball because he had no run game and no receivers.. AND Fox wouldn't let Tebow pass the ball unless he was certain he wouldn't get interceptions. That was what Fox's gameplan was based on. reducing turnovers.. without Tebow's running ability he couldn't do that.

1.8 sacks a game w/orton. 3 per game with tebow.

baja
03-31-2012, 03:40 PM
If the sack occurs after 6 seconds it should not be on the line.

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 05:07 PM

Orton threw the ball away and dinked and dunked which killed the run game.

I can't believe I even have to explain this considering the results were plain to see..

You are really just showing that you can't actually evaluate what is happening on the field.. but arbitrary stats and ignoring the most obvious stat.. wins and losses..

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 05:15 PM
If the sack occurs after 6 seconds it should not be on the line.

Why when Tebow's ability pushed it to 6 seconds in the first place?

Try not to blame Tebow for getting sacked rather than dinking and dunking or throwing the ball out of bounds. Those things cause you to lose games... I think people are way to caught up on insignificant stats like that and ignoring other stats that are more important.. like no interceptions or a dominant run game or YPA etc.

I think people will realize that when Peyton takes over.. the offense will look great.. but the defense will suddenly and miraculously turn to garbage unless Del Rio can save it.

People forget that last season the passing looked great but the running game and D were terrible.

This is why Fox wouldn't let Tebow play offensively.. because if you play an uptempo offense the defense and run game suffer. Especially the Broncos aging defenders..

Jay3
03-31-2012, 05:17 PM

Mobile, scrambling quarterbacks usually take more sacks. They have severl counted when it wasn't really a protection issue.

The point is that with a quarterback like Orton or Manning, protection is more critical because getting to them is the way to stop them. And it means the exploitable weaknesses in the line will eventually be found over a 16 game season.

It's just a simple matter of opinion -- it comes down to how good one thinks the Denver O-line is. I've got serious doubts about it -- both its talent and its depth.

baja
03-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Why when Tebow's ability pushed it to 6 seconds in the first place?

Try not to blame Tebow for getting sacked rather than dinking and dunking or throwing the ball out of bounds. Those things cause you to lose games... I think people are way to caught up on insignificant stats like that and ignoring other stats that are more important.. like no interceptions or a dominant run game or YPA etc.

I think people will realize that when Peyton takes over.. the offense will look great.. but the defense will suddenly and miraculously turn to garbage unless Del Rio can save it.

People forget that last season the passing looked great but the running game and D were terrible.

This is why Fox wouldn't let Tebow play offensively.. because if you play an uptempo offense the defense and run game suffer. Especially the Broncos aging defenders..

Damn dude release that pit bull grip bite you have on Tebow's butt, you're in danger of lock jaw. I never said a word of disparity about Tebow I merely said you can't expect the O line to protect the QB for 6 seconds.

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Damn dude release that pit bull grip bite you have on Tebow's butt, you're in danger of lock jaw. I never said a word of disparity about Tebow I merely said you can't expect the O line to protect the QB for 6 seconds.

Baja.. I never said you did.. All I am saying is I don't think you are looking at it right.

I think the QB position has become way way too much about stats. If you put up pretty stats then people can't blame you.. but you can put up pretty stats without really being effective. Watching Orton for so long everyone should see that.

lonestar
03-31-2012, 05:41 PM

How many throw always for orton as well as picks?

bombay
03-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Screw the jets.

baja
03-31-2012, 05:57 PM
Baja.. I never said you did.. All I am saying is I don't think you are looking at it right.

I think the QB position has become way way too much about stats. If you put up pretty stats then people can't blame you.. but you can put up pretty stats without really being effective. Watching Orton for so long everyone should see that.

The thing is my post has nothing to do about the QB position. i'm talking 100% about the O line.

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 06:03 PM
The thing is my post has nothing to do about the QB position. i'm talking 100% about the O line.

But the way the QB plays and his style effect the way the line works.. that's all I am saying.

I was just trying to say that while maybe the line shouldn't be blamed for that 6 second sack they shouldn't be rewarded for keeping them off Tebow for six seconds either..

And Tebow maybe shouldn't be blamed for the 6 second sack because Fox and Elway really had no interest in throwing the ball in the first place.

I mean as poorly as I think of Orton I don't even blame him for the team playing so poorly to start the season. We saw last season they started better with a ton of injuries. I blame Fox and the team for such poor play even before Tebow got there.. which is why I don't blame Tebow for the poor play either...

baja
03-31-2012, 06:18 PM
But the way the QB plays and his style effect the way the line works.. that's all I am saying.

I was just trying to say that while maybe the line shouldn't be blamed for that 6 second sack they shouldn't be rewarded for keeping them off Tebow for six seconds either..

And Tebow maybe shouldn't be blamed for the 6 second sack because Fox and Elway really had no interest in throwing the ball in the first place.

I mean as poorly as I think of Orton I don't even blame him for the team playing so poorly to start the season. We saw last season they started better with a ton of injuries. I blame Fox and the team for such poor play even before Tebow got there.. which is why I don't blame Tebow for the poor play either...

Let's not complicate things. My only point is after 6 seconds the O line should be off the hook for the sack stat. Hell put the football in a basket and protect it for 6 seconds if need be. My point has nothing to do with Tebow Orton Fox or Elway.

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 06:22 PM
Let's not complicate things. My only point is after 6 seconds the O line should be off the hook for the sack stat. Hell put the football in a basket and protect it for 6 seconds if need be. My point has nothing to do with Tebow Orton Fox or Elway.

But that's ignoring all the other things the line has done.. if every play was like that then you might have a case.. but take the Pats game for example. it was like a jail break. The Oline just got completely steamrolled with no delay.

The Oline looked GREAT against the Steelers tho.. so maybe it's just a matter of inconsistency.. or fatigue or something. They did bring in a new conditioning coach.

baja
03-31-2012, 06:32 PM
But that's ignoring all the other things the line has done.. if every play was like that then you might have a case.. but take the Pats game for example. it was like a jail break. The Oline just got completely steamrolled with no delay.

The Oline looked GREAT against the Steelers tho.. so maybe it's just a matter of inconsistency.. or fatigue or something. They did bring in a new conditioning coach.

I'm saying the O line of any team in any league should not be held statistically responsible for sacks that happen after 6 seconds. Period.

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm saying the O line of any team in any league should not be held statistically responsible for sacks that happen after 6 seconds. Period.

This is the big error I think you are making though.. we have never seen a player like Tebow that is so dominant running the ball like a true runningback and can throw the ball.

Weird things are going to come out of that.. which is why Fox and Elway wanted no part of it.. they wanted what they knew..

All I am saying is don't be surprised if another conventional QB comes in with that same Oline and those 6 second sacks turn into instant sacks..

baja
03-31-2012, 06:45 PM
I give up

Requiem
03-31-2012, 06:47 PM
MacGruder, get a life you loser.

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 06:56 PM
You're projecting...

Requiem
03-31-2012, 07:00 PM
You're projecting...

Were you born retarded or did you eat a bunch of Elmer's Glue and peanut butter sammiches when you were a kid? Have you even hit puberty?

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 07:06 PM
Were you born retarded or did you eat a bunch of Elmer's Glue and peanut butter sammiches when you were a kid? Have you even hit puberty?

More projecting...

All truth goes through three phases....

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 07:08 PM
I give up

I thought I was trying to be diplomatic... you gotta trust me Baja.. I have seen this happen before...

Trust my experience on this one..

baja
03-31-2012, 07:16 PM
I thought I was trying to be diplomatic... you gotta trust me Baja.. I have seen this happen before...

Trust my experience on this one..

I'm talking generic here.

You really are projecting on this one.
;D

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm talking generic here.

You really are projecting on this one.
;D

Don't phase me, bro! lol

Requiem
03-31-2012, 07:26 PM
More projecting...

All truth goes through three phases....

Don't even begin to dabble in philosophy when you have failed to earn your grade 10.

MacGruder
03-31-2012, 07:32 PM
Don't even begin to dabble in philosophy when you have failed to earn your grade 10.

Why are you talking like a comic book villain?

Requiem
03-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Why are you talking like a comic book villain?

The only comic book I ever read was Calvin & Hobbes. Sorry, MacDoucher.