PDA

View Full Version : angry, bitter QB is angry and bitter (not Joe Namath this time)

Gort
03-29-2012, 01:49 PM
McNabb still pissed at Shanny. says RGIII won't be successful in Washington DC.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/donovan-mcnabb-says-robert-griffin-iii-won-t-173944981.html

BroncoInferno
03-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Tune in to tomorrows segment when he rips Leslie Frazier a new one.

crush17
03-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Maybe if McNabb tried a little harder to stay in shape and didnt throw dirt balls every other pass, he might still be employed.

DBroncos4life
03-29-2012, 02:05 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/donovan-mcnabb-says-robert-griffin-iii-won-t-173944981.html

The only QB that Shanny hasn't made look good at times is McNugget. As a HC I doubt many other HC's has sent more different QBs to a Pro Bowl as Shannny.

baja
03-29-2012, 02:05 PM

Are seeing a trend here?

Known quarterbacks that, having played for Shanny, have issues with him.

1. Elway

2. Bubby Brister

3. Plummer

4. McNabb

Gort
03-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Are seeing a trend here?

1. Elway

2. Bubby Brister

3. Plummer

4. McNabb

weird, huh? he seems like such an easygoing guy.

http://walkoffpunt.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/yahoo_angry_shanahan.jpg

;)

lonestar
03-29-2012, 02:14 PM

I agree, with mikey as his coach I doubt any QB can reach their potential.

Elway only did it with Kubes as his go between. None of the other QB's he brought to town where stellar..

Please no one mention cutlet as we all know that he is a turn over machine..

IIRC after Elway we have had 14-15 QBs that have started at one time of the other.. Most of those on mikeys watch..

he has been in WAS and gone through 5-6 or more already..

he is a loser as a HC great OC but dos not have it to win consistently..

baja
03-29-2012, 02:15 PM
LOL LOL LOL

Damn if I were Shanny I'd pay good money to get that photo and all copies back.

lonestar
03-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Are seeing a trend here?

1. Elway

2. Bubby Brister

3. Plummer

4. McNabb

got to rememebr he was a QB wanna be in college maybe that is his rage..

lonestar
03-29-2012, 02:20 PM
LOL LOL LOL

Damn if I were Shanny I'd pay good money to get that photo and all copies back.

once on the internet forever in the minds and souls of real people..

I just read that Manning met with him and his kid while in DEN before going to PHX. Guess that even MAnning knows..

WOnder what would happen if Indy passed on The kid from Standford and they drafted him.. Does anyone think that he might not want to play for mikey and force them to trade him to a real HC..

Much Like John did way bay and Eli did not to long ago..

would that not be Lucky?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-29-2012, 02:48 PM

;)

Ahhh, yeah. Shannahan was many things. Easy going was never one of them.

bronco militia
03-29-2012, 02:48 PM
http://cdn.newsone.com/files/2008/10/rushcigar.jpg

Mcnabb said the same thing about Manning......wierd

mcnabb should probably be studying the new OT rules for his next team.

DomCasual
03-29-2012, 03:01 PM
I truly cannot stand McNabb. For a supposedly-intelligent guy, he sure doesn't seem to have much self-awareness.

FISH
03-29-2012, 03:03 PM

;)

Greatest pic ever! I am a fan of Shanny....but that is just perfect

baja
03-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Remember when everyone around here was paying reverence to Shanny for raping Philly for McNabb for a 2nd.

How'ed that turn out?

Chris
03-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Wow all those sun burns have really caught up to Shanny. Dude looks oooooooooold.

Kaylore
03-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Wow all those sun burns have really caught up to Shanny. Dude looks oooooooooold.

That picture made me sad.

Pendejo
03-29-2012, 04:08 PM

Elway only did it with Kubes as his go between. None of the other QB's he brought to town where stellar..

IIRC after Elway we have had 14-15 QBs that have started at one time of the other.. Most of those on mikeys watch..

That's complete bull****. Elway and the Rat were so close that Reeves fired Shanahan for allegedly scripting plays behind his back. Shanahan was a big part of Elway's success both as his offensive coordinator and as head coach.

The Rat is so hard to work with that Steve Young considered coming back to play for him with a skull full of oatmeal. They must have had a terrible working relationship in San Francisco too...winning a superbowl together.

Shanahan runs into trouble when he comes across jackasses who don't want to work. Plummer, McNabb, Haynesworth...etc. Guys who just want to show up on Sunday and take their check.

Seriously...I don't know why some of you dumb-dumb's even bother trying.

Shanahan has a poor record as a head coach? Cripes.

extralife
03-29-2012, 04:13 PM
I guess he can go play handball in Idaho. He'll certainly have a partner.

also: I can't believe I'm actually reading some of the garbage in this thread.

edog24
03-29-2012, 04:15 PM
McRibb sucks.

errand
03-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Unfortunately for Mike, he's finding out that regardless of how great you are as a coach, you are never gonna win titles consistently without a very good team....Mike can devise a great gameplan....but he's never been that good at evaluating top notch talent.

We had so many chumps drafted by him it's odd that another team gave him complete control again. Mike...stick to the X's and O's dude.

bronco militia
03-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Remember when everyone around here was paying reverence to Shanny for raping Philly for McNabb for a 2nd.

How'ed that turn out?

It turned out the same for vikings.......

I wonder why he never mentioned that?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-29-2012, 04:51 PM
That's complete bull****. Elway and the Rat were so close that Reeves fired Shanahan for allegedly scripting plays behind his back. Shanahan was a big part of Elway's success both as his offensive coordinator and as head coach.

The Rat is so hard to work with that Steve Young considered coming back to play for him with a skull full of oatmeal. They must have had a terrible working relationship in San Francisco too...winning a superbowl together.

Shanahan runs into trouble when he comes across jackasses who don't want to work. Plummer, McNabb, Haynesworth...etc. Guys who just want to show up on Sunday and take their check.

Seriously...I don't know why some of you dumb-dumb's even bother trying.

Shanahan has a poor record as a head coach? Cripes.
Q F Motha' efffing T

campocorto
03-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Unfortunately for Mike, he's finding out that regardless of how great you are as a coach, you are never gonna win titles consistently without a very good team....Mike can devise a great gameplan....but he's never been that good at evaluating top notch talent.

We had so many chumps drafted by him it's odd that another team gave him complete control again. Mike...stick to the X's and O's dude.

Shanahan's 2006 draft is on the all-time top 10 list. He can find the talent. Any coach with a 20-year track record is going to have a few down cycles when it comes to talent acquisition.

elsid13
03-29-2012, 05:23 PM
McNabb should be bitching about the guy he see in the mirror and no one else. After watching him play for a season I understand why Philly fans were excited to get rid of him.

lonestar
03-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Shanahan's 2006 draft is on the all-time top 10 list. He can find the talent. Any coach with a 20-year track record is going to have a few down cycles when it comes to talent acquisition.

what about the other 15 years.. ahahahahahahahahaha

and which of those players are still in DEN under contract..

If they were so good why did he get fired after two years with them..

mikey is a ****ing head case.. time to understand that..

if it was not for 4-7 round picks he would not have been able to field a team, for most of his time in DEN..

BTW just which of those teams played the last 4 games like they played the first four..

He won loads of games with smoke and mirrors and when the opposing coaches figured it out we got our asses handed to us..

might I add how many play off wins did he have without HOF players.. Won a lot of early games each year and rarely won the last few..

Sorry but with out John E he would have been unemployed soon after the first seasons..

cutthemdown
03-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Until Shanny fires his son they will suck. The father son thing not working.

cutthemdown
03-29-2012, 05:41 PM
what about the other 15 years.. ahahahahahahahahaha

mikey is a ****ing head case.. time to understand that..

if it was not for 4-7 round picks he would not have been able to field a team, for most of his time in DEN..

BTW just which of those teams played the last 4 games like they played the first four..

He won loads of games with smoke and mirrors and when the opposing coaches figured it out we got our asses handed to us..

might I add how many play off wins did he have without HOF players.. Won a lot of early games each year and rarely won the last few..

Sorry but with out John E he would have been unemployed soon after the first seasons..

The biggest factors in Shanny being a god were.

1-He had John Elway
2-He had Gary Zimmerman
3-He had Shannon Sharpe
4-He had Terrell Davis
5-He had Steve Atwater
6-He had Rod Smith and Eddie Mac
7-Neil Smith
straight 5 men who are good enough to be HOF and 3 that already are right? Not sure about that.

Not to mention Howard Griffith one of the best FB's who was playing at the time, Stinky, Romo, etc. It was a mix of nasty and finesse that almost any coach could have won with IMO.

gunns
03-29-2012, 05:58 PM

How'ed that turn out?

About as well as the Browncos.

extralife
03-29-2012, 06:00 PM
we went 13-3 with the browncos

gunns
03-29-2012, 06:20 PM
we went 13-3 with the browncos

Oh, and we all know it was them that made the difference and got us there. Remember the season.

extralife
03-29-2012, 06:43 PM
G-Money was an excellent player that year and Courtney Brown was above average. We do not win 13 games without them.

Tombstone RJ
03-29-2012, 06:53 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/555306_387048194649895_342503639104351_1305686_148 7762404_n.jpg

24champ
03-29-2012, 06:59 PM
That picture made me sad.

He's fine...but lol @ Snyder sucking in his gut.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/dc-sports-bog/StandingArt/snyderhooters0312a.jpg

Heyneck
03-29-2012, 07:13 PM

Dude I don't know what you are on... but Shanny is an excellent QB developer and maximizer. You do know that before being our coach he was our offensive coordinator. He also coordinated Steve Young... and came back and made Elway a champion.

He is a hard headed coach... dictator in a way. He uses a system that he has used for a long time that works. As long as the QB he has is somewhat accurate, he will make him better that his capabilities permit him. Plummer was a great example of this. But once you go rouge on his system... well that's the end of you. Hence QBs with problems with him. Shanny made Kubes... and maximized Elway to his full potential. Not the other way around.

The best part was when you said he is a loser HC... like... really? Other than his last 3 coaching year... the man has been gold. Yes his act got stale around here... but to think less of him?... The man has HoF credentials... you don't make it there being a "loser HC".

DenverBrit
03-29-2012, 07:33 PM

;)

He looks worse when he loses. ;D

barryr
03-29-2012, 07:50 PM
People can debate whether Shanahan is some great QB guru, but one thing can not be debated. Shanahan with the Broncos could not draft defensive players to save his life or his job.

DBroncos4life
03-29-2012, 08:04 PM
People can debate whether Shanahan is some great QB guru, but one thing can not be debated. Shanahan with the Broncos could not draft defensive players to save his life or his job.

I'll take things that have nothing to do with the topic for 1000 Alex.

wolf754life
03-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Fire Mike Shannabust now!

campocorto
03-30-2012, 11:30 AM

Denver still has their starting guard (Kuper) and a former NFL sack leader (Dumervil). Cutler and Marshall were parlayed into value. 2 1sts, 2 2nds and a 3rd, it's not Shanahan's fault the picks were not all hits.

They were a young developing team so having some growing pains was to be expected. Bowlen didn't have the patience to watch it sprout. When your average age on offense is 24/25 and you rank second to the New Orleans Saints in average yards per play, you have a chance to be really good for a sizable window.

barryr
03-30-2012, 11:32 AM
I'll take things that have nothing to do with the topic for 1000 Alex.

Nah, you did better in the category of: I'm fixated on one poster and need to follow him around in all threads because I lack friends and need attention.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Oh, and we all know it was them that made the difference and got us there. Remember the season.

Ummm. That defense was top #5 defense in the league.

bendog
03-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Ummm. That defense was top #5 defense in the league.

bukkake

TonyR
03-31-2012, 10:55 AM
Donovan McNabb continued carving out a career as an outspoken TV commentator Friday, leveling some criticism in the direction of Tim Tebow.

McNabb was back on ESPN's "First Take" following a controversial Thursday appearance during which he criticized Washington Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan.

The six-time Pro Bowl quarterback switched gears Friday, saying Tim Tebow should get off Twitter and that he, not the new Jets backup signal caller, was the most unfairly criticized quarterback in the history of the NFL.

When the subject of a recent Twitter message was brought up, in which Tebow thanked Broncos fans for their support and promised Jets fans he would play his heart out for them, McNabb said the popular quarterback needed to start studying football and take a break from social media.

"Let it go. At some point let's focus on getting into camp and learning a new offense," McNabb said. "There's no need to keep trying to have the fans behind you.

"Every time that we look up there's something. He's reaching out to fans, telling them 'I love you, I'm working hard.'

"As an NFL player, and as a veteran in this game, no one cares what you're doing during the offseason," McNabb continued. "They only care about what you do on the football field. This is why a lot of people in the Denver Broncos locker room had an issue [with Tebow]."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/donovan-mcnabb-says-tim-tebow-should-get-off-twitter-learn-new-york-jets-offense-033012

Tombstone RJ
03-31-2012, 11:01 AM
McNabb now affectionately known as McBlabb!

Lestat
03-31-2012, 11:01 AM
i liked McNabb as a player but he always had WTF comments or situations where he should have said something and waited 3-4+ months later to address it.

bpc
03-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Are seeing a trend here?

1. Elway

2. Bubby Brister

3. Plummer

4. McNabb

1. Elway and Shanny aren't pissed off and angry at each other. The Peter King column about Manning's week of FA reported that Elway was texting Shanny while Manning visited him in Denver at his house. Reach.

2. Bubby Brister is pissed that Shanahan decided to proceed with the youth movement/Brian Griese vs. going with him. Bubby's pissed because Shanny lent him the keys to the corvette and he finally had some career success. He wanted more. Nothing really to see here. Bubby wasn't that good.

3. Jake Plummer's career stats at AZ 90TD's/114INT's, losing record, in Denver 71 TD's/47INT's winning record and 3 playoff appearances. Mike Shanahan single handedly saved this boy's career. He's pissed because we got trounced in the playoffs three years in a row by double digits deficits because he couldn't keep up with the Manning's and Roethlisberger's of the league and Shanahan had to fix the situation. Anybody who doesn't understand why Plummer is pissed, is an idiot. The guy is immature even at this age. Jake was upset he wasn't allowed to go draw plays up in the sand vs. spending the time needed to be great and that's why Denver moved on. They never got the commitment to take advantage of some of the great seasons we had... especially 2005. We should have a trophy for that year. Jake melted down in the clutch like he always did.

4. McNabb would have an argument if he would have produced at Minnesota. Instead, the guy had his work ethic/conditioning questioned by Shanahan, after TO had previously questioned it and when given a chance with the Vikings, he validated those questions as Minnesota cut him outright for a rookie 2nd round draft pick. McNabb can act pissed. He did it to himself.

baja
03-31-2012, 12:08 PM
1. Elway and Shanny aren't pissed off and angry at each other. The Peter King column about Manning's week of FA reported that Elway was texting Shanny while Manning visited him in Denver at his house. Reach.

2. Bubby Brister is pissed that Shanahan decided to proceed with the youth movement/Brian Griese vs. going with him. Bubby's pissed because Shanny lent him the keys to the corvette and he finally had some career success. He wanted more. Nothing really to see here. Bubby wasn't that good.

3. Jake Plummer's career stats at AZ 90TD's/114INT's, losing record, in Denver 71 TD's/47INT's winning record and 3 playoff appearances. Mike Shanahan single handedly saved this boy's career. He's pissed because we got trounced in the playoffs three years in a row by double digits deficits because he couldn't keep up with the Manning's and Roethlisberger's of the league and Shanahan had to fix the situation. Anybody who doesn't understand why Plummer is pissed, is an idiot. The guy is immature even at this age. Jake was upset he wasn't allowed to go draw plays up in the sand vs. spending the time needed to be great and that's why Denver moved on. They never got the commitment to take advantage of some of the great seasons we had... especially 2005. We should have a trophy for that year. Jake melted down in the clutch like he always did.

4. McNabb would have an argument if he would have produced at Minnesota. Instead, the guy had his work ethic/conditioning questioned by Shanahan, after TO had previously questioned it and when given a chance with the Vikings, he validated those questions as Minnesota cut him outright for a rookie 2nd round draft pick. McNabb can act pissed. He did it to himself.

I like Mike Shanahan but he, like all of us, has flaws.

He's a hell of a fisherman though.;D

bpc
03-31-2012, 01:01 PM
No doubt Shanny has flaws. Developing QBs isn't one of them. I'm excited to see what he can do with a Luck or RG3.

baja
03-31-2012, 01:06 PM
No doubt Shanny has flaws. Developing QBs isn't one of them. I'm excited to see what he can do with a Luck or RG3.

I don't know I give Kubes much of the credit for that.

DBroncos4life
03-31-2012, 01:26 PM
I don't know I give Kubes much of the credit for that.

Name one QB that Kubes has developed in Houston please.

baja
03-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Name one QB that Kines has developed in Houston please.

Head coaches really don't have much time to develop their QBs but you know that don't you.

TomServo
04-01-2012, 03:08 AM
Geez, Tubby looked liked crap in his only superbowl, he looked like crap for the redskins. he looked like crap for the vikings. the vikings let him go so he could "help some playoff team".and NO team wanted him. and Now he has an ax to grind. but not with the eagles.

Miss I.
04-01-2012, 03:24 AM
All of a sudden, Jake's complaints about Shanahan seem mild in comparison to this bitter old man. Maybe these guys should start a club, Bitter Ex-QB's club or Shanahan's Cast-offs Club?

Cito Pelon
04-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Shanny only drafted a few QB's his whole time in Denver, and those were always lower-round guys except for Cutler. I don't know what the deal was with him, I guess he figured he was smarter than everybody else and could develop a lower-round guy. One of his biggest mistakes was Griese, who he gave that huge contract to.

Other than Griese and Cutler, who did he draft at QB? Jeff Lewis, Matt Mauck, Van Pelt.

He goes to WASH and instead of drafting a QB last year he goes with Rex Grossman and Beck, after trading a 2nd rounder for McNabb. I guess he was just waiting for the right prospect, like with Cutler. Now he'll have RG3 at a steep cost.