PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter reporting that the Broncos...

BroncoBen
03-29-2012, 12:38 PM
still have $15 million in cap space. But don't expect the Broncos to do anymore 'big' moves.

So to me this means the Broncos may only try to sign players 2nd tier players.. not that there are anymore 'big' name free agents.

Traveler
03-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Other than Manning, have they really made any big moves?

Ziggy
03-29-2012, 12:42 PM

No.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-29-2012, 12:49 PM

Porter > goodman

That's a big move in my eyes.

Bronco Boy
03-29-2012, 12:57 PM
They signed two of the highest priced TE's.

Garcia Bronco
03-29-2012, 01:06 PM
We've made enough "big moves" except for a DT and I don't understand why we didn't get Bunkley. He was playing for a contract last season, but still.

bendog
03-29-2012, 01:07 PM
We've made enough "big moves" except for a DT and I don't understand why we didn't get Bunkley. He was playing for a contract last season, but still.

9 mil guaranteed over 5 years.

Cito Pelon
03-29-2012, 01:14 PM
I guess they like who they have right now. The remaining Bronco UFA's I believe are only Marcus Thomas, Jason Hunter, Russ Hochstein, Dawkins, Haggan.

They have CJ Davis, Ramirez as interior OL depth. Jeremy Jarmon, Jeremy Beal for DE depth (but Jarmon is listed as a DT). OLB seems a little thin if they're not bringing Haggan back.

I see these guys on the roster:
59 Iwuh, Brian LB 6-0 239 28 6 Colorado
Obiozor, Cyril LB 6-4 249 25 3 Texas A&M
93 Siliga, Sealver DT 6-2 307 22 R Utah

Maybe they're gonna roll with this roster unless they get bargain basement deals.

And of course I'm sure they have high hopes that at least 5 of the draft picks will stick on the roster.

HorseHead
03-29-2012, 01:16 PM
My new favorite "BigBen" avatar...goodness...spectacular...

Dreesen is a great pick up too..versatile..

Taco John
03-29-2012, 01:20 PM

Aside from signing the biggest free agent in the history of free agency, have the Broncos done anything significant in free agency?

crowebomber
I guess they like who they have right now. The remaining Bronco UFA's I believe are only Marcus Thomas, Jason Hunter, Russ Hochstein, Dawkins, Haggan.

They have CJ Davis, Ramirez as interior OL depth. Jeremy Jarmon, Jeremy Beal for DE depth (but Jarmon is listed as a DT). OLB seems a little thin if they're not bringing Haggan back.

I see these guys on the roster:
59 Iwuh, Brian LB 6-0 239 28 6 Colorado
Obiozor, Cyril LB 6-4 249 25 3 Texas A&M
93 Siliga, Sealver DT 6-2 307 22 R Utah

Maybe they're gonna roll with this roster unless they get bargain basement deals.

And of course I'm sure they have high hopes that at least 5 of the draft picks will stick on the roster.

Broncos are announcing (per a facebook post) they have come to an agreement with Jason Hunter.

steeledude
I think we'll be fine. We were about this bad off on DTs last year at this time but we ended up with quite a few grabs in the summer through trades and what not. I expect we'll trade for someone like Bunkley (who knows who will be available in a few months), and drafting will center on the middle linebacker, middle of the defensive line type of players.

I'm really excited about the direction our team is headed in.

Who knows? Raheem Moore might be good this year too, and we drafted that MLB last year, Irving, right? Sophomore year may prove something for him too.

Cito Pelon
03-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Broncos are announcing (per a facebook post) they have come to an agreement with Jason Hunter.

Then their depth is pretty much set at DE for the time being. OLB still seems a little thin, maybe they move Irving to OLB, they still have Mohamed at MLB behind Mays.

Of course, there can still be a lot of changes in the next 5-6 months. Sure seems like DT will still get some attention.

Mountain Bronco
03-29-2012, 01:37 PM
They will also look for training camp cuts that fit this system. There are always some depth guys to pick up then, plus a couple of rookies that make impacts although it won't be as significant as Miller last year likely.

crowebomber
03-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Then their depth is pretty much set at DE for the time being. OLB still seems a little thin, maybe they move Irving to OLB, they still have Mohamed at MLB behind Mays.

Of course, there can still be a lot of changes in the next 5-6 months. Sure seems like DT will still get some attention.

I think we will still pick up some depth when preseason cuts happen. This pre-draft free agency period has been a lot more active for all teams than it has in the past. There will still be some decent players being moved and cut during training camp and the preseason.

Lycan
03-29-2012, 02:25 PM
still have $15 million in cap space. But don't expect the Broncos to do anymore 'big' moves.

So to me this means the Broncos may only try to sign players 2nd tier players.. not that there are anymore 'big' name free agents.

http://i39.tinypic.com/286wd1s.jpg

Kaylore
03-29-2012, 02:37 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/286wd1s.jpg

LOL

KevinJames
03-29-2012, 02:55 PM
No big deal there is not any high price big names left

UberBroncoMan
03-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Amobi Okoye, Marcus Thomas and Justin Bannan.

BroncoMan4ever
03-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Amobi Okoye, Marcus Thomas and Justin Bannan.

Ok for rotation guys provided the price is right. Still need a centerpiece at DT though.

yerner
03-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Ok for rotation guys provided the price is right. Still need a centerpiece at DT though.

25 pts a game is going to reduce that need quite a bit. Sure, it would be nice to have a ton of talent and money there but when we are up by 14 and ayers, doom, and von are rushing the passer it will be standing on the sideline. Peyton brings another theory to this team whether its right or wrong. Besides, I'm betting Fox and Jdr know more about this then us.

Drek
03-29-2012, 03:45 PM
I thought we were out of cap room. I remember Klis saying we were out of cap room. Klis couldn't have been wrong, could he?

UberBroncoMan
03-29-2012, 03:58 PM

Okoye would be the **** on passing downs. Dude had over 20 QB pressures last year and is only 25. He'd thrive here. Was a teammate of Doom's in college too.

Lestat
03-29-2012, 04:36 PM
i really want to see us sign Okoye, i wanna see what Del Rio and Fox can do with him.

baja
03-29-2012, 04:43 PM
i really want to see us sign Okoye, i wanna see what Del Rio and Fox can do with him.

I'm thinking that too.

Broncojef
03-29-2012, 04:44 PM

Team him with Worthy at 25 and the middle would be pretty spectacular.

TheReverend
03-29-2012, 04:44 PM
**** free agents.

With Gilmore getting hot at the right time, Kirk could slide to back end of the 1st.

Trade 2nd, 3rd and a 4th to get back in.

Leave first round with Devon Still and Dre Kirkpatrick.

Use 4th rounder to draft Rainey.

Use rest of picks to get OL/DL depth

****ing own.

elsid13
03-29-2012, 04:53 PM
I wonder if they will spend some of that on this guy?

Marcus Stroud contemplating a comeback

Posted by Josh Alper on March 29, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/91258890_crop_650x440.jpg?w=250

Marcus Stroud didnít make it out of training camp with the Patriots last year because of a shoulder injury, but heís not quite ready to give up all hope of getting back on the field.

Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reports that Stroud, who turns 34 in June, is considering a return (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Marcus-Stroud-New-England-Patriots-plans-to-play-in-2012-032912) to the NFL this season. He says his shoulder, which developed a staph infection after surgery, feels better after sitting out the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/29/marcus-stroud-contemplating-a-comeback/

OBF1
03-29-2012, 05:01 PM
This is wrong, total BS..... This was posted on the mane not long ago. Personally I trust what other maner's have stated.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104564

cutthemdown
03-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Broncos will look for dlineman that can play dend and DT. I think they want a fast versatile defense.

Kendal Reyes from connecticut. 300 pounds, can play inside or de. Really explosive.
Devon Still if they want to pick a but earlier but Reyes will be off the board top of 2nd round. Thats the problem what do we do if the DT/DE type guys we would like, really are high 2nds? When you pick low first sometimes you have to reach a bit if you want a guy.

Derrick Wolfe from Cincinati. When i watched combine this kid kicked ass, so i checked his stats in college, good, scouting reports also really good.

People who think Broncos will draft 340 pound Tammau etc etc are kidding themselves. I just don't see big guys like that doing all that well at a Mile High!

oubronco
03-29-2012, 05:51 PM
**** free agents.

With Gilmore getting hot at the right time, Kirk could slide to back end of the 1st.

****ing own.

Getting Still, Kirkpatrick, and Rainey would kick ass

Lestat
03-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Team him with Worthy at 25 and the middle would be pretty spectacular.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KsXKPR7iS3c/TGxcG4dT9sI/AAAAAAAAC7c/8bRNyg0VCPY/s1600/do_not_want.jpg

Tombstone RJ
03-29-2012, 06:15 PM
**** free agents.

****ing own.

this would be a great draft...

cutthemdown
03-29-2012, 07:19 PM
rnd 1- Peter Konz- Center Wisconsin. Mane goes wild because Devon Still could still be there!
rnd 2- Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
rnd 3- Billy Winn DE/DT Boise St.
rnd 4-Coty Sensabaugh CB Celmson maybe a bit of a reach but every mock should have some
Rnd 5- Derrick Wolf DE/DT Cincinatti- Broncos cant believe he's still on the board- Rams pick for Brandon Lloyd haunts them for yrs!
rnd 6- the pick from the Jets- Broncos trade it to the Panthers for Johnathan Stewart - I figure i am guessing so might as well have fun

No way this happens but what the hell.

cutthemdown
03-29-2012, 07:20 PM
But i will say we are so thin on the interior oline with Kuper injured, who would be the bkup center anyways? The fact the looked at Saturday tells me Broncos want to draft a center since they missed on him.

Broncobiv
03-29-2012, 07:24 PM
rnd 1- Peter Konz- Center Wisconsin. Mane goes wild because Devon Still could still be there!
rnd 2- Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
rnd 3- Billy Winn DE/DT Boise St.
rnd 4-Coty Sensabaugh CB Celmson maybe a bit of a reach but every mock should have some
Rnd 5- Derrick Wolf DE/DT Cincinatti- Broncos cant believe he's still on the board- Rams pick for Brandon Lloyd haunts them for yrs!
rnd 6- the pick from the Jets- Broncos trade it to the Panthers for Johnathan Stewart - I figure i am guessing so might as well have fun

No way this happens but what the hell.
Only a 6th for Stewart? In what universe would Carolina accept that offer?

barryr
03-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Broncos will look for dlineman that can play dend and DT. I think they want a fast versatile defense.

Kendal Reyes from connecticut. 300 pounds, can play inside or de. Really explosive.
Devon Still if they want to pick a but earlier but Reyes will be off the board top of 2nd round. Thats the problem what do we do if the DT/DE type guys we would like, really are high 2nds? When you pick low first sometimes you have to reach a bit if you want a guy.

Derrick Wolfe from Cincinati. When i watched combine this kid kicked ass, so i checked his stats in college, good, scouting reports also really good.

People who think Broncos will draft 340 pound Tammau etc etc are kidding themselves. I just don't see big guys like that doing all that well at a Mile High!

Yep, I like Reyes over Still and Worthy. A DT whose intensity and motor are questioned, like both Still and Worthy, usually means fail. I also like DT Martin from Michigan in the middle rounds and Wolfe has some nice numbers for sure.

cutthemdown
03-29-2012, 07:27 PM

Maybe we have to throw in a pick next yr as well. But RBS devalued now in the NFL and Panthers have too many of them. They will do it because they dont want to pay him.

cutthemdown
03-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Yep, I like Reyes over Still and Worthy. A DT whose intensity and motor are questioned, like both Still and Worthy, usually means fail. I also like DT Martin from Michigan in the middle rounds and Wolfe has some nice numbers for sure.

They are all guesses. I dont watch enough NCAA to say. I just read a ton of draft mocks, scouting reports, the combine, listen to everyone on the Mane, then just guess what i think Broncos are thinking.

I think Broncos really want a better interior lineman to go with Kuper and since they have no depth at center really, Konz too good to pass up.

Then my thinking on the DT is that Broncos would probably like a couple of them to be DE/DT type guys the can kick around. They want to attack because they want big plays to give ball back to Manning.

Also I think it is reasonable Panthers could trade Stewart and that Fox would like him. But.....I think they like the rbs they have but maybe would want to add another vet for insurance.

barryr
03-29-2012, 07:31 PM

I was ok with Konz until he showed a lack of strength at the combine and his injury problems. He has the look of someone soft and the Broncos already have Beadles.

cutthemdown
03-29-2012, 07:32 PM

When i watched some plays from this kid i wondered why he isn't ranked higher. A lot of these guys probably do go higher then i predicted. Whatever though a couple maybe higher.

steeledude
03-29-2012, 08:10 PM
I thought we were out of cap room. I remember Klis saying we were out of cap room. Klis couldn't have been wrong, could he?

It's funny though how wrong he always is right? When he came out saying we were dead last in the Manning race, I joked with my brother that now it's in stone, Manning will sign with us. Then a day later Manning signed with us.

If Klis "broke" the story that our cap is all used up, then I'm guessing we're pretty safe.

Agamemnon
03-29-2012, 08:19 PM
25 pts a game is going to reduce that need quite a bit.

Hilarious!

Not if we want to actually accomplish something in the postseason, which I believe was the reason we went after Manning in the first place wasn't it?

BroncoBeavis
03-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Hilarious!

Not if we want to actually accomplish something in the postseason, which I believe was the reason we went after Manning in the first place wasn't it?

No, the bar has been lowered considerably. Now we're told so long as Peyton can elevate the Broncos to the Plummer level for a couple years, mission accomplished. :)

extralife
03-29-2012, 08:40 PM
I hear the Jets forums are still accepting bandwagoners, guys. Feel free.

TerrElway
03-30-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm interested in seeing what Sealver Siliga has. He was a beast at the University of Utah and that place has been known for it's D and especially interior line, the past few years.

Paul Soliai, Sione Puaha, Paul Kruger (DE), Christian Cox, Jonathan Fanene, Chris Kemoeatu (drafted as DT moved to OL).

No one knew much about most of these guys coming out and 4 of the 5 have been or are starters.

So I'll be interested to see if Siliga has anything for the team. He goes about 310 so he's not gigantic but he has a good motor.

BroncoBeavis
03-30-2012, 08:13 AM
I hear the Jets forums are still accepting bandwagoners, guys. Feel free.

So when Manning retires a Colt, will you? :)

Pony Boy
03-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Jason Hunter was resigned ...... I like that move

barryr
03-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Jason Hunter was resigned ...... I like that move

He is a decent reserve, but one sack and a few pressures he provides like last year isn't going to improve the defense much. The DT spot is one of the worst the Broncos have had and for this team, that says a lot. Re-signing Thomas and a rookie from the draft probably won't be enough. It would be nice for a chang if the front seven could stop the run and the safeties did not have to cheat up so often. This will not be a Super Bowl team with an ordinary defense and that is what it will be with nothing in the middle of it.

ppablo
03-30-2012, 09:15 AM
no one is mentioning Vickerson coming back as well... I do agree we need to sign Thomas and hope warren can come back too or we will be in trouble

barryr
03-30-2012, 09:17 AM
no one is mentioning Vickerson coming back as well... I do agree we need to sign Thomas and hope warren can come back too or we will be in trouble

But that is the point here. Re-signing Thomas, just an ordinary player and both Vickerson, who is about as goodas Thomas, and Warren are coming off injury and really, does anyone really expect either to be that great?

Drek
03-30-2012, 09:23 AM

Prior to becoming a Bronco Vickerson washed out of two 4-3 teams. I don't mean "not worthwhile starter" material, I mean "not worth having on the 53 man roster" type wash out. The only time he's shown a sustained glimpse of being worth a roster spot was as a 3-4 DE.

Maybe losing the weight and being used differently is the key, but he's a huge coin toss to be worth a damn at all. If we go into the season with him as an unquestioned starter we're probably not going to like the results.

Bmore Manning
03-30-2012, 09:25 AM
I think that Two DT's should be drafted this year regardless of FA.

lonestar
03-30-2012, 11:02 AM
I think we'll be fine. We were about this bad off on DTs last year at this time but we ended up with quite a few grabs in the summer through trades and what not. I expect we'll trade for someone like Bunkley (who knows who will be available in a few months), and drafting will center on the middle linebacker, middle of the defensive line type of players.

I'm really excited about the direction our team is headed in.

Who knows? Raheem Moore might be good this year too, and we drafted that MLB last year, Irving, right? Sophomore year may prove something for him too.

Good insightful post..

However they resigned Mays and I do not think they would have done so unless they thought he could be a good MLB and as you said have a not so rookie from last year coming back..

Mays tackling numbers are surprisingly great so I doubt that they will be looking at MLB as much as a WLB for the money that the incumbent moron is making his trouble with the law league and most likely coaching staff I'd be surprised if he is around this year and as much as I like Woodyard.. He really is just a strong safety playing WIL..

Call him what he is put him near the LOS and get some real linebackers to play the slots.. Save Miller who is really a Hand on the ground SMall quick DE we really do not have any Urlacker type guys..

LEts hope that the newbie DC can make them see the light that you win and lose games at the LOS beef up the DT spot and add some stud LB's..

BUT, I'm not holding my breath like I have the past 15 years..

Requiem
03-30-2012, 11:05 AM
onE hAs got teh hoPE date the Brnocs get a defensier taCkler

lonestar
03-30-2012, 11:15 AM
I think that Two DT's should be drafted this year regardless of FA.

I have thought that for over a decade.. Still hoping they will finnally get their head out of their ass and make it happen..

but I'd settle for one this year and another one next year..

IMO.

the number one pick each year should probably rotate something like this..

DT, DE, OT, MLB, CB, DT, DE, OC, FS, DT, DE etc.

OG are number two picks as are almsot every other spot on the team.. If you keep drafting them by the time they get to FA you have their backups in place..If you really have a stud like Seymor you do all you can to sign him but sometime you have to trade them or allow them to walk..

Never ever draft a WR higher than 2 or RB higher than 4 if your running the ZBS..

This all based on the assumption your competeing for a Lombardi each year.. and will not be drafting in the top five.
Although every once in a while your going to be there becasue of injury to key guys and or just have a really bad year..

We are going to have to soon address getting MAnnings replacement probably in year two of the above plan..

Anyone with a brain knows that most games are won and lost on teh LOS..

If you have the studs there then you can have good to great quality behind those players as they are doing the heavy lifting.

In front of every stud MLB , RB, QB is a quality group lineman..

barryr
03-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Prior to becoming a Bronco Vickerson washed out of two 4-3 teams. I don't mean "not worthwhile starter" material, I mean "not worth having on the 53 man roster" type wash out. The only time he's shown a sustained glimpse of being worth a roster spot was as a 3-4 DE.

Maybe losing the weight and being used differently is the key, but he's a huge coin toss to be worth a damn at all. If we go into the season with him as an unquestioned starter we're probably not going to like the results.

Yep, the DT spot for the Broncos right now, has to be the worst in the NFL. Draft 2 DT's in the draft, if not 3. I would rather they did that than sign some stiffs no one else really seems to want and think that spot can be ignored in the draft for yet another season.

Pick Six
03-30-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm getting a stronger feeling that draft pick #25 will be a DT...

BroncoBeavis
03-30-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm getting a stronger feeling that draft pick #25 will be a DT...

Hard to see any other option at this point.

Agamemnon
03-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Hard to see any other option at this point.

This has been said for years, and for years we have drafted other things. I'll believe it when I see it, especially seeing as a DT will take years to develop, years we don't really have with Manning.

Frosty78
03-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Totally off topic, but we have 13.8 million in cap left.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/30/team-by-team-cap-room-as-of-march-30/

baja
03-30-2012, 05:43 PM
This has been said for years, and for years we have drafted other things. I'll believe it when I see it, especially seeing as a DT will take years to develop, years we don't really have with Manning.

There will be a lot of players come available before the preseason starts.

Happens every year, yet every year we say the sky is fallen because the FO failed to sign some big name over priced has been.

razorwire77
03-30-2012, 05:59 PM

Baring some sort of ridiculous value sitting there like Richardson at 25, It's really hard to imagine a scenario where they don't go DT at 25 with Brockers, Still, or even Poe sitting there.

cutthemdown
03-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Baring some sort of ridiculous value sitting there like Richardson at 25, It's really hard to imagine a scenario where they don't go DT at 25 with Brockers, Still, or even Poe sitting there.

I think both those players go earlier. Its always the same even though Mocks will have certain DT going later, the run always happens. I bet Still may be there, but Poe and Brockers, Mercilus, will be gone.

A guy i like is Kendal Reyes best of all. He's projected as a late first. Most see a 3-4 team taking him but hes perfect for what Broncos like to do. A Dend like him, could kick inside on 3rd downs. He just looks more explosive to me then all the DT ahead of him. He really is a tweener though, right at 300 pounds but really athletic.

Bmore Manning
03-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Does anyone like the idea of Ayers putting on about twenty pounds and being a three tech DT?

razorwire77
03-30-2012, 08:03 PM
I think both those players go earlier. Its always the same even though Mocks will have certain DT going later, the run always happens. I bet Still may be there, but Poe and Brockers, Mercilus, will be gone.

A guy i like is Kendal Reyes best of all. He's projected as a late first. Most see a 3-4 team taking him but hes perfect for what Broncos like to do. A Dend like him, could kick inside on 3rd downs. He just looks more explosive to me then all the DT ahead of him. He really is a tweener though, right at 300 pounds but really athletic.

I think Reyes gets stood up and swallowed up by NFL interior lineman. He's athletic, but I have doubts if his frame can handle the kind of grind in an NFL season. Dude will be 285 pounds and hurt by week 8.

barryr
03-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Does anyone like the idea of Ayers putting on about twenty pounds and being a three tech DT?

I don't. He is fine at DE, though will never be a great pass rusher.

Bmore Manning
03-30-2012, 08:04 PM

Back in October when I really began scouting DTs, since Indy always lacked DTs he was someone who intrigued me. He can do a backflip with ease at 300 pounds. He would be a UT 3 Tech, requiring a 1 Tech NT, but if paired with Thompson, that would be dynamic.

Bmore Manning
03-30-2012, 08:06 PM
I don't. He is fine at DE, though will never be a great pass rusher.

I can agree because he sets the edge in the run game and frees up Miller..But I think he could be a Chris Canty type 3 Tech.

barryr
03-30-2012, 08:06 PM

I like Reyes myself, but if Worthy is there, I believe that is who they would take at #25. I like Worthy more than Still, and I would be ok with Worthy. I would like another DT though say in the 3rd round.

eddie mac
03-30-2012, 08:07 PM

They might have done that had Denver pursued Abraham harder, they were interested in bringing him here.

barryr
03-30-2012, 08:09 PM
I can agree because he sets the edge in the run game and frees up Miller..But I think he could be a Chris Canty type 3 Tech.

I just don't see him with the frame to really handle that much more weight and still be an effective player. The Broncos need legit size in the middle.

Bmore Manning
03-30-2012, 08:10 PM
They might have done that had Denver pursued Abraham harder, they were interested in bringing him here.

Exactly and I see more value with Perry @25 then Still or Worthy there..

Bmore Manning
03-30-2012, 08:11 PM
I just don't see him with the frame to really handle that much more weight and still be an effective player. The Broncos need legit size in the middle.

Yeah Thompson @2 and Chapman @3.

barryr
03-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Yeah Thompson @2 and Chapman @3.

If Broncos went Perry, Thompson, and Chapman, that would be a shocker but I could for that. Though I really like Utah St. LB Wagner in the 2nd round.

Bmore Manning
03-30-2012, 08:28 PM
If Broncos went Perry, Thompson, and Chapman, that would be a shocker but I could for that. Though I really like Utah St. LB Wagner in the 2nd round.

My thinking is they really only need a slot guy, so I like Broyles it Adams later in the draft. I do not like Still or Worthy @25, I love Thompson and think he's a second round stud. Ideally Thompson @2 and another DT like Randal or Chapman @4. But I wouldn't be upset with Hill being given the 4th round tender.
So...
1. Perry DE
2. Thompson DT
3. Robert Turbin RB
4. Leonard Johnson CB
4. Hill DT Tender
5. Best Avsilable C/G
6. Ryan Broyles SWR

Lestat
03-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Back in October when I really began scouting DTs, since Indy always lacked DTs he was someone who intrigued me. He can do a backflip with ease at 300 pounds. He would be a UT 3 Tech, requiring a 1 Tech NT, but if paired with Thompson, that would be dynamic.

i don't like Reyes as a 1st rounder in terms of sheer value but that would be a sweet pairing.

Bmore Manning
03-30-2012, 08:31 PM
i don't like Reyes as a 1st rounder in terms of sheer value but that would be a sweet pairing.

100% agree, that's why I want another position drafted like DE.

barryr
03-30-2012, 08:41 PM
My thinking is they really only need a slot guy, so I like Broyles it Adams later in the draft. I do not like Still or Worthy @25, I love Thompson and think he's a second round stud. Ideally Thompson @2 and another DT like Randal or Chapman @4. But I wouldn't be upset with Hill being given the 4th round tender.
So...
1. Perry DE
2. Thompson DT
3. Robert Turbin RB
4. Leonard Johnson CB
4. Hill DT Tender
5. Best Avsilable C/G
6. Ryan Broyles SWR

A WR I liked for later in the draft is Danny Coale from Va. Tech. He has nice size and pretty good speed and can return kicks too. Broyles is smallish without top speed and coming off injury, so not as high on him. The guard/center spots are pretty weak and the Broncos may be reaching if taking one in the 5th round.

cutthemdown
03-31-2012, 01:49 AM
The Pats supposedly like Reyes a lot. It's because he's a 300 pounder that can play inside and out. Some people evaluate him like he a NT or something.

Drek
03-31-2012, 05:22 AM

No. Ayers is where he should be in terms of both position and weigh. He's the every down strong side end needed to keep blockers from getting to Miller easily and is a big asset for the run D where he's at now, with a ton of upside still waiting to be tapped.

A situational pass rusher to spell him at DE so he can step in to DT on passing downs makes sense if we can't get someone like Okoye in FA. Otherwise the last thing we want to do is start changing Ayers' role more, only three years into his NFL career. He's a natural strong side DE and there is no need to shoehorn him in somewhere else.

kappys
03-31-2012, 05:32 AM
No. Ayers is where he should be in terms of both position and weigh. He's the every down strong side end needed to keep blockers from getting to Miller easily and is a big asset for the run D where he's at now, with a ton of upside still waiting to be tapped.

A situational pass rusher to spell him at DE so he can step in to DT on passing downs makes sense if we can't get someone like Okoye in FA. Otherwise the last thing we want to do is start changing Ayers' role more, only three years into his NFL career. He's a natural strong side DE and there is no need to shoehorn him in somewhere else.

I don't completely agree only because of his strong performance late in the season as a pass rushing UT. He is very strong and I think with a little weight could turn into a very effective UT in all downs.

If we had another good option to play the SDE I think a consideration of moving Ayers inside would be a very reasonable one to have. We don't have that player and I wouldn't bank on a rookie to take over his position even if we draft a DE.

McDman
03-31-2012, 06:15 AM
I don't completely agree only because of his strong performance late in the season as a pass rushing UT. He is very strong and I think with a little weight could turn into a very effective UT in all downs.

If we had another good option to play the SDE I think a consideration of moving Ayers inside would be a very reasonable one to have. We don't have that player and I wouldn't bank on a rookie to take over his position even if we draft a DE.

He played very well all season. People just don't think he did because it's not his job to get sacks like Doom.

Bronco Rob
03-31-2012, 07:00 AM
Remaining Cap Space For The AFC West As Of March 30th, 2012

Kansas City Chiefs - $17.0 million
Denver Broncos - $13.8 million
San Diego Chargers - $5.6 million
Oakland Raiders - $3.4 million

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/30/team-by-team-cap-room-as-of-march-30/

Bronco Rob
04-02-2012, 05:14 AM
When the free-agent signing period started, the Broncos had about $40 million in salary cap space to work with.

They have signed 10 players to contracts worth about $141 million over the life of their deals. Those contracts will count about $40.5 million against Denver's salary cap this season.

All of their workable salary cap space is gone, so the Broncos probably are done signing free agents. That means they likely won't re-sign Thomas.

Peyton Manning's contract is the biggest of the Denver newcomers. He will count $18 million against the salary cap this season.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20303681/broncos-likely-finished-signing-free-agents-now

I thought Manning was only going to count 6 million against the cap in 2012?

???

Drek
04-02-2012, 05:29 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20303681/broncos-likely-finished-signing-free-agents-now

I thought Manning was only going to count 6 million against the cap in 2012?

???

Who do you think has a clue, Legwold or Schefter?

The team was at least kicking the tires on Okoye, so you would hope there is a little scratch still kicking around for at least one DT signing.

Bronco Rob
04-02-2012, 05:31 AM
Who do you think has a clue, Legwold or Schefter?

The team was at least kicking the tires on Okoye, so you would hope there is a little scratch still kicking around for at least one DT signing.

This is why you are my favorite poster here at damane!

:thumbs:

Bronco Rob
04-04-2012, 05:55 AM
Xanders: 'We're not done yet' with free agency

April 02, 2012 3:42 p.m. - by Andrew Mason

GM Brian Xanders told KKFN-FM 104.3 in Denver that the Broncos are focused on draft preparation, but haven't shut the door on free agency and are still fielding calls from free agents inquiring about playing for league-minimum salaries. "We're not done yet," Xanders said. "It's been a very busy time

Lycan
04-04-2012, 06:14 AM

GM Brian Xanders told KKFN-FM 104.3 in Denver that the Broncos are focused on draft preparation, but haven't shut the door on free agency and are still fielding calls from free agents inquiring about playing for league-minimum salaries. "We're not done yet," Xanders said. "It's been a very busy time

So we are willing to listen to calls from people who are SEEKING to make the least amount possible?

http://netanimations.net/Animated-gif-wacko-clown-picture-moving.gif

Bmore Manning
04-04-2012, 06:32 AM

Hopefully there are some Vet role players who want a championship more than an extra few hundred thousand and will take Vet minimum. Ideally I would like to see another addition to the OLine, a RB or WR, a LB, and a DT!!!!!!!!!

Requiem
04-04-2012, 06:37 AM
You apparently would like to see us draft two players with ACL tears. Good on you tard.

Bmore Manning
04-04-2012, 06:41 AM
You apparently would like to see us draft two players with ACL tears. Good on you tard.

And what two players are they? I can think of using a middle round pick on one Josh Chapman who is first round talent.. What's the other?

Kaylore
04-04-2012, 07:06 AM
So we are willing to listen to calls from people who are SEEKING to make the least amount possible?

http://netanimations.net/Animated-gif-wacko-clown-picture-moving.gif

Hilarious!

BroncoBen
04-04-2012, 09:45 AM
April 02, 2012 3:42 p.m. - by Andrew Maso GM Brian Xanders told KKFN-FM 104.3 in Denver that the Broncos are focused on draft preparation, but haven't shut the door on free agency and are still fielding calls from free agents inquiring about playing for league-minimum salaries. "We're not done yet," Xanders said. "It's been a very busy time

What :kiddingme ... So free agents are calling the Broncos looking for work? I guess that works for bodies for training camp.