PDA

View Full Version : OT-Is feeding Chickens, Chicken Alfredo wrong ?

Quoydogs
03-28-2012, 08:08 PM
So is it wrong to feed my Chickens, Chicken Alfredo ? I got them for fresh eggs and the cheaper I can feed them the more I save. They are scavengers. They will eat anything from bugs to small children.

Help me win this argument.

Gotta love the off season.

Dedhed
03-28-2012, 08:10 PM
If you're looking to spawn "mad chicken disease" go for it.

Br0nc0Buster
03-28-2012, 08:13 PM
It is not uncommon for some of the larger chicken processing plants to grind up the parts of the chicken they cant use into a mead.

They then feed that to the other chickens

Ronnie Tsunami
03-28-2012, 08:19 PM
the first sentence of this thread makes it appear as if you are asking someone named "chicken alfredo" if it is wrong to feed your chickens. comma fail.

http://www.verbicidemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Oxford-Comma.jpg

Dedhed
03-28-2012, 08:24 PM
It is not uncommon for some of the larger chicken processing plants to grind up the parts of the chicken they cant use into a mead.

They then feed that to the other chickens

That sounds like great idea. I wouldn't look to large animal processing plants for clues on hoe to raise something you actually want to eat.

Quoydogs
03-28-2012, 08:44 PM
So you are coming at this from 2 angles. I like that.

On a moral level it may be wrong but on a fiscal level could it cause health problems or is meat just meat ?

rugbythug
03-28-2012, 08:53 PM
I don't think chickens have morals so your OK there.

That One Guy
03-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Wasn't this in the Social Network movie?

alkemical
03-29-2012, 07:18 AM
So is it wrong to feed my Chickens, Chicken Alfredo ? I got them for fresh eggs and the cheaper I can feed them the more I save. They are scavengers. They will eat anything from bugs to small children.

Help me win this argument.

Gotta love the off season.

Garbage in, Garbage out.

jerseyguy4
03-29-2012, 07:36 AM
You seem to feel guilty. Mix some soylent green into the chicken alfredo, and you'll feel less guilty

Quoydogs
03-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Garbage in, Garbage out.

You calling my Alfredo Garbage. :charge:

DomCasual
03-29-2012, 10:42 AM
These cows think you are doing the right thing!

http://anewanswer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/eat-mor-chikin.jpg

Gort
03-29-2012, 10:43 AM
are we talking about regular chickens or zombie chickens?

Rohirrim
03-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Would you feed dog meat to your dogs?

houghtam
03-29-2012, 10:50 AM

Maybe not, but you have to bet that if those dogs were starving, they'd eat each other.

I asked my mom and dad awhile back, "Mom, Dad, you guys are getting older now, and I want to ask...if you were ever snowed in and stranded inside your home and ran out of food, would you eat your dogs?" "No, absolutely, not!", said my mom. "You do realize they'll eat you, right?"

My parents don't like me sometimes.

DomCasual
03-29-2012, 10:53 AM

I had two dogs (brother and sister) who would eat their own feces. That's sort of the same thing, when you think about it.

Honestly, poo-eating was a non-starter for me. I love dogs, and I have (and have had) some great ones. But don't try and lick my hand when you have poop between your teeth. I can deal with a lot of things; but not that. We kept them for about a year, and we gave them to a little, old couple who spent nine months out of the year traveling in their RV. These were little, yappy dogs (not my favorite), so they've probably had full, wonderful lives - lives in which they've eaten scat in all fifty states.

houghtam
03-29-2012, 10:55 AM
I had two dogs (brother and sister) who would eat their own feces. That's sort of the same thing, when you think about it.

Honestly, poo-eating was a non-starter for me. I love dogs, and I have (and have had) some great ones. But don't try and lick my hand when you have poop between your teeth. I can deal with a lot of things; but not that. We kept them for about a year, and we gave them to a little, old couple who spent nine months out of the year traveling in their RV. These were little, yappy dogs (not my favorite), so they've probably had full, wonderful lives - lives in which they've eaten scat in all fifty states.

I would be in favor of grinding up all the little yippy dogs in the world (especially chihuahuas) and feeding them to bigger, more respectable dogs.

Does that make me a bad person?

Quoydogs
03-29-2012, 11:03 AM

Nope I would not but I don't plan on eating my dog either. " or my dogs eggs " Besides dogs are smart people, chickens are just dumb. Oh and on the dog eating dog, I have heard that if you die a cat will eat you and a dog will not.

Quoydogs
03-29-2012, 11:03 AM
I would be in favor of grinding up all the little yippy dogs in the world (especially chihuahuas) and feeding them to bigger, more respectable dogs.

NO

alkemical
03-29-2012, 11:09 AM
You calling my Alfredo Garbage. :charge:

Ha...what i mean is the better nutrition you give your chickens, the better the eggs.

houghtam
03-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Nope I would not but I don't plan on eating my dog either. " or my dogs eggs "

LOL

Besides dogs are smart people, chickens are just dumb. Oh and on the dog eating dog, I have heard that if you die a cat will eat you and a dog will not.

Maybe so, but will the dog eat you if it's really hungry and you're not dead yet?

DomCasual
03-29-2012, 11:13 AM

My current dog (Boris the angry Bulldog) concurs. He is the eater of kidneys - the ripper of jugulars. Fear him.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/60392_443812377147_546552147_5096153_6441457_n.jpg

bronco militia
03-29-2012, 11:15 AM
my dogs eat cat ****...I doubt they'd care if I fed them dog meat.

houghtam
03-29-2012, 11:16 AM
My current dog (Boris the angry Bulldog) concurs. He is the eater of kidneys - the ripper of jugulars. Fear him.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/60392_443812377147_546552147_5096153_6441457_n.jpg

Boris is an awesome name for a bulldog.

So is Max.

Now everyone REP me for the Jake and the Fatman reference.

DomCasual
03-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Few have ever experienced the fear of seeing Boris the angry Bulldog this close. This is what you would see just before those incisors penetrated your jugular. In essence, if this view was not a picture, you would be about to bleed out.

Fear Boris. Just fear him.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/53643_443812392147_546552147_5096156_1455284_o.jpg

Beantown Bronco
03-29-2012, 11:18 AM

I give my dogs my leftover chinese food, so I guess I have to answer "yes".

DomCasual
03-29-2012, 11:18 AM

So is Max.

They could totally go on a "people who look like their dogs" show.

Rohirrim
03-29-2012, 11:19 AM

I have two dogs. One will eat anything that hits the floor. The other is the weirdest dog I've ever had. He won't eat organ meats. He doesn't like scraps of fat. No turkey. He'll sniff at it and then look up at me like, "What's wrong with you, dude?" The other dog is going snarf, snarf, snarf.

I wouldn't feed my chickens chicken meat just because it would give me the creeps.

BTW, Boris is an excellent name for a bulldog. :thumbs:

Quoydogs
03-29-2012, 11:19 AM
my dogs eat cat ****...I doubt they'd care if I fed them dog meat.

It's not cat ****, it's called Almond Roca !

Rohirrim
03-29-2012, 11:20 AM

:wiggle:

Quoydogs
03-29-2012, 11:22 AM

Awesome !

Rohirrim
03-29-2012, 11:23 AM

So is Max.

My son is shopping for a pug. I told him he has to name it something like Napoleon or Maximillian or Caesar. Those little snarfs need a big name.

houghtam
03-29-2012, 11:27 AM
They could totally go on a "people who look like their dogs" show.

And a new candle every now and then?

Quoydogs
03-29-2012, 11:29 AM
And a new candle every now and then?

I don't get it ?

bronco militia
03-29-2012, 11:30 AM

lol...I was going to post something similar

bronco militia
03-29-2012, 11:31 AM
It's not cat ****, it's called Almond Roca !

LOL

I love real almond roca

Heyneck
03-29-2012, 11:32 AM
My son is shopping for a pug. I told him he has to name it something like Napoleon or Maximillian or Caesar. Those little snarfs need a big name.

Don't get a pug!!! I hate those buggers!!! Go all the way in and get yourself a bull terrier (the mini if you want). The best bread ever!!! Mine is just 9 months old but make me laugh like no other.

This is how he usually takes his naps... and when he is taking his naps he plays it deaf and will just give you that "Sup?!" look every time I find him chilling by the recliner.

*His name is Elvis by the way...

houghtam
03-29-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't get it ?

It's from the Simpsons (the golden age, not this crap they put out now). Dr. Nick tapes over his training video on how to do a triple bypass with a show called "People Who Look Like Things."

Quoydogs
03-29-2012, 11:39 AM

My sister has a pug. We were out back one day and the shovel I had leaned against the house fell over on him and his eyeball popped out. Took him to the vet and he tells me it happens all the time ?? What kinda dog is this ? Eyeballs just pop out and then you just pop them back in.

DomCasual
03-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Pugs are okay. Bull Terriers are good, too. I love English Bulldogs, though. Boris is our second (Athena was the first, may she rest in eternal peace). If you can get past the farting, they're incredible.

We also have a little Yorkshire Terrier, for my little girl. I never thought I would have done it, but I just bought her a bark collar. It's the best investment I've ever made. I just can't stand yapping dogs. When I consider how long some of these little dogs naturally live, I can't help but feeling a little depressed.

Gort
03-29-2012, 11:41 AM
My sister has a pug. We were out back one day and the shovel I had leaned against the house fell over on him and his eyeball popped out. Took him to the vet and he tells me it happens all the time ?? What kinda dog is this ? Eyeballs just pop out and then you just pop them back in.

turn the Pug over.

somewhere on the bottom you'll find an sticker that says "made in China".

question answered.

DomCasual
03-29-2012, 11:44 AM

Yeah, I think that's pretty common. They have those bulgy eyes. If I ever had a Pug, I would name him Marty Feldman. It's a good thing he was never around you when you shoveling in your backyard.

http://www.unsungfilms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/feldman01.jpg

Gort
03-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Pugs are okay. Bull Terriers are good, too. I love English Bulldogs, though. Boris is our second (Athena was the first, may she rest in eternal peace). If you can get past the farting, they're incredible.

We also have a little Yorkshire Terrier, for my little girl. I never thought I would have done it, but I just bought her a bark collar. It's the best investment I've ever made. I just can't stand yapping dogs. When I consider how long some of these little dogs naturally live, I can't help but feeling a little depressed.

for me, tied for first place, it's Siberian Huskies and Labrador Retreivers.

all other breeds are waaaaay behind these two. little yappy ratdogs are at the very bottom of the list.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/347/2/e/puppy_husky_by_foxising-d4izotj.jpg

http://www.rogueretrievers.com/images/user-images/image/rosiepupmouth.jpg

Bronco Vixen
03-29-2012, 11:47 AM

Right there with ya Dom. Our dog delights in feasting on his own poo as well. Tragically, he is a mastiff/Dane mix, so picture the size of those turd muffins. Added bonuses are a) his massive jowls that store the excrement, and various other disgusting droplets of delight for almost constant depositing, and b) his complete defiance of personal space. Most glorious of all, however, has to be the yummy dung belch one millimeter from my grill.

I too can put up with a lot (see: husbandís apparent dish rinsing paralysis or the 5 hours of torture that is getting my 4 year old dressed and ready for the day), but with a baby and a little dirt farmer preschooler who refuses to wash her hands, the poo eating is pushing me over the edge.

I feel terribly because heís such a sweet, gentle, loving guy, but when I start to think about the potpourri of fecal bacterial diseases he could be carrying like the lovely parvo or giardia or a myriad of worms or salmonella, I want to ship him off on a slow boat to China. Not sure what to do.

Heyneck
03-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I think that's pretty common. They have those bulgy eyes. If I ever had a Pug, I would name him Marty Feldman. It's a good thing he was never around you when you shoveling in your backyard.

http://www.unsungfilms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/feldman01.jpg

Or Igor... or Quasimodo... or OJ.

Bronco Vixen
03-29-2012, 11:48 AM

FICTION!

Really?

Edit: Indeed! Pug Proptosis!
Absolutely amazing. Shame on me to forget why I come to this site.

houghtam
03-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Or Igor... or Quasimodo... or OJ.

Yeah but you gotta pronounce it -Eye-gor

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-29-2012, 11:50 AM

remember the taco bell chihuahuas
well next time you bite into a taco you are eating a tiny part of him ROFL!

DomCasual
03-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Right there with ya Dom. Our dog delights in feasting on his own poo as well. Tragically, he is a mastiff/Dane mix, so picture the size of those turd muffins. Added bonuses are a) his massive jowls that store the excrement, and various other disgusting droplets of delight for almost constant depositing, and b) his complete defiance of personal space. Most glorious of all, however, has to be the yummy dung belch one millimeter from my grill.

I too can put up with a lot (see: husbandís apparent dish rinsing paralysis or the 5 hours of torture that is getting my 4 year old dressed and ready for the day), but with a baby and a little dirt farmer preschooler who refuses to wash her hands, the poo eating is pushing me over the edge.

I feel terribly because heís such a sweet, gentle, loving guy, but when I start to think about the potpourri of fecal bacterial diseases he could be carrying like the lovely parvo or giardia or a myriad of worms or salmonella, I want to ship him off on a slow boat to China. Not sure what to do.

There are products you can buy that supposedly make them stop doing it. I tried a few, with no success. But I have some friends who tried them, and it worked like magic. I guess it just depends on the dog. That is a total shame, though. I love Great Danes and Bull Mastiffs. That has to be one big dog.

houghtam
03-29-2012, 11:56 AM

all other breeds are waaaaay behind these two. little yappy ratdogs are at the very bottom of the list.

Oh, OF COURSE, post the pictures of puppies. Fine, then. These are the dogs I grew up with.

Bronco Vixen
03-29-2012, 11:58 AM
There are products you can buy that supposedly make them stop doing it. I tried a few, with no success. But I have some friends who tried them, and it worked like magic. I guess it just depends on the dog. That is a total shame, though. I love Great Danes and Bull Mastiffs. That has to be one big dog.

We've tried everything short of sewing his mouth shut and/or a jowlectomy.
He is actually an English Mastiff and Dane and yes, he's a Clydesdale. His head is the size of Manning's :)

Heyneck
03-29-2012, 11:59 AM

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/347/2/e/puppy_husky_by_foxising-d4izotj.jpg

http://www.rogueretrievers.com/images/user-images/image/rosiepupmouth.jpg

I had a Huskie at my farm when I was little. He went blind... and as soon as he did his temper changed. We asked at the vet if this is something that's common among the breed (the going blind part), and apparently it is. It's a high energy dog... so you have take that into consideration when buying one. I am used to this kind of breed because of my Bully and past Bull. Either way... they are a beautiful breed... but they do tend to go blind at an early age. (Most breads have genetic problems either way).

The labrador... it just got too common for my like. Still... as a breed it's great in a family environment.

My favorite breed... apart from the Bull Terrier... it has to go the German Shepard. Awesome breed!!! If you have the space for one... they are like no other!

Quoydogs
03-29-2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=30553&stc=1&d=1333044187

This is Ari.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=30554&stc=1&d=1333044253

This is the Quoy dog and Ari.

I have to say out of the Weimaraner VS Vezsla . The Vezsla is a easier dog to teach but the Weim's are way to smart for there own good.

alkemical
03-29-2012, 12:28 PM
My dog is a reincarnated Buddhist.

Gort
03-29-2012, 02:24 PM

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/funny-captions-301.jpg