PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning on 104.3 the Fan 3MTN

COBronc78
03-28-2012, 02:00 PM
http://www.1043thefan.com/listenOnline.aspx

In case anyone is interested

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Yes! We need a 24/7 Manning/Broncos channel!

Mountain Bronco
03-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Awful interview, but not because of Peyton. Seriously ask some decent questions.

Shrimp CocktailD!

COBronc78
03-28-2012, 02:07 PM
"So...the Broncos sent out 7 cars as a smoke screen. How was that experience?"

Come on...ask some better questions.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Did he say that right? He's sleeping at the complex? Dude you just signed a $18 million. I think you could splurg and spring for a Holiday Inn.

DarkHorse
03-28-2012, 02:14 PM
I think i'd rather draft a couple radio hosts before we look at DT this year

Sorry but this interview is garbage.

Rabb
03-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Did he say that right? He's sleeping at the complex? Dude you just signed a $18 million. I think you could splurg and spring for a Holiday Inn.

yes, like the entire hotel even

DarkHorse
03-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Is Peyton doing some blow while giving this interview? Sounds like he's snortin some neck roids.

aaaaaaaand, that's it? That interview didn't even generate a twitch. Boooooooo

Kid A
03-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Was hoping either interview would ask him more about his thoughts on the o-line/Saturday going elsewhere. Dude is as polished as they come in handling these media obligations.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-28-2012, 02:19 PM
yes, like the entire hotel even

I know. Just sayin'. How about Elway lays out a cot for him in Cherry Village(I don't know where he lives, last I heard it was in Cherry Village.).

kane0730
03-28-2012, 02:25 PM
"So...the Broncos sent out 7 cars as a smoke screen. How was that experience?"

Come on...ask some better questions.

No doubt. Big Al is a terrible interviewer. How do they not ask about his health? Have you talked to DT? What kind of workouts are you currently running with Decker/Walton/Thomas?

COBronc78
03-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Seriously. Asked him nothing about the team/players. All about his decision process.

Wake up, Dmac and Big Al. His decision process has been the only thing discussed the past couple of weeks.

I really wanted to hear his thoughts on Decker/DT etc.

bombay
03-28-2012, 02:33 PM
dbag is the worst 'sports reporter' ever.

BroncoLifer
03-28-2012, 05:29 PM
I know. Just sayin'. How about Elway lays out a cot for him in Cherry Village(I don't know where he lives, last I heard it was in Cherry Village.).

Would probably be too tacky to ask Mike to rent Peyton one wing of Castle Shanny.

R8R H8R
03-28-2012, 08:29 PM

I was thinking the same thing, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and figure he must not believe he can have any privacy at a hotel.

ZONA
03-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Short interview not alot of stuff going on with it but whad ya expect. I learned something. Not living in colorado and not being a rockies fan don't know that much about Todd Helton but found out the reason why they are such good friends. Didn't know Helton was the QB at Tennessee with Manning.

Also, Manning is learning the Broncos playbook. I know there was so much talk about getting players here that played with him to help implement his offense so doesn't look like that's what's going on. After all, probably much easier to have 1 player learn a new playbook then to ask all the other offensive players to learn a new playbook. I'm sure there will be quite a few new plays that Peyton likes but really, I mean how different can plays be. You have 100 plays for example, they're not going to be drastically different from another teams. A few subtle things yes, wholesale changes, no. A dig is a dig, a 15 and out is a 15 and out. Just different language is all.

R8R H8R
03-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Seriously. Asked him nothing about the team/players. All about his decision process.

Wake up, Dmac and Big Al. His decision process has been the only thing discussed the past couple of weeks.

I really wanted to hear his thoughts on Decker/DT etc.

DMac: so Peyton, what do you think of Decker after working with him?

Peyton: Well, ok receiver, makes some plays, but has inconsistent hands, and really isn't a true #1 receiver.

Big Al: have you seen tape of DT yet? Can he be a superstar in this league?

Peyton: hard to say Al, he has to prove he can stay healthy. Besides, I have to see him in person to judge his work habits, and as we know, he wasn't here with me working out. I guess he had other things to do.

Dmac: how about JD Walton?

Peyton: Real good. We really started to get the timing down on the snap. However, no one was blocking him, and I heard some wise guy football "expert" rated him as the worst starting center in the NFL. So I'm skeptical until game day. Why Elway didn't get me Saturday, I'll never know.

Sorry, couldn't resist. But we know he wouldn't really tell us anything useful concerning the players. ;D

strafen
03-28-2012, 08:57 PM
LMAO!!!
Leave it to ther mane to find a black cloud on a silver lining... Ha!
The whole thread is funny, though... ROFL!

COBronc78
03-28-2012, 09:28 PM
DMac: so Peyton, what do you think of Decker after working with him?

Peyton: Well, ok receiver, makes some plays, but has inconsistent hands, and really isn't a true #1 receiver.

Big Al: have you seen tape of DT yet? Can he be a superstar in this league?

Peyton: hard to say Al, he has to prove he can stay healthy. Besides, I have to see him in person to judge his work habits, and as we know, he wasn't here with me working out. I guess he had other things to do.

Dmac: how about JD Walton?

Peyton: Real good. We really started to get the timing down on the snap. However, no one was blocking him, and I heard some wise guy football "expert" rated him as the worst starting center in the NFL. So I'm skeptical until game day. Why Elway didn't get me Saturday, I'll never know.

Sorry, couldn't resist. But we know he wouldn't really tell us anything useful concerning the players. ;D

Hahahahaha, good play.

Still would've been more interesting to hear about his thoughts on the receivers or some other aspect of the team rather than all the stupid crap Dmac asked about.

Broncolt
03-28-2012, 11:06 PM

Thats DEDICATION!

Broncolt
03-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Is Peyton doing some blow while giving this interview? Sounds like he's snortin some neck roids.

aaaaaaaand, that's it? That interview didn't even generate a twitch. Boooooooo

Lmao. Peyton has always had a weird sounding voice, he like breathes really hard and he like snorts air out of his nostrils...pretty hard to explain lol if you actually watch up close interviews and stuff

TonyR
03-29-2012, 05:38 AM
“I’ve pretty much been sleeping over here at the complex the past week and an half trying to study this playbook and trying to get on the same page as these receivers…I haven’t left here since I signed last Tuesday. I plan on being here all off season.”

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=1623

Peyton Manning didn't tell us too much in the way of news in this interview, but it's still a good listen if you get the chance. Among other things, Manning said:

Todd Helton also reached out to Manning during his decision process.
Manning is going to attend a lot of Rockies games during the summer.
Manning doubts that he will ever have a Twitter account.
His goal is the Super Bowl: that's why he is in Denver.
He was glad he wasn't a free agent for very long and doesn't plan to be one again.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prime-cuts/slice/peyton-manning-i-havent-left-here-since-i-signed-last-tuesday

BroncoBen
03-29-2012, 08:38 AM

The guy is football player and feels that he has alot to prove. So sleeping at the football complex is a way to concentrate on just football. I applaude him for it.. I think he said he did stay at Stokley's house for a day or two, but everyone was out of town now and didn't want to impose.

Chris
03-29-2012, 09:10 AM
If Peyton Manning needed a massage, would you give him one?