PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to face Baltimore opening weekend?

chawknz
03-28-2012, 10:24 AM
It has been announced that the Broncos will play the Ravens on opening weekend on Sunday Night Football.

Saw the teams we are playing a few months ago and said Baltimore is an away game. That sucks.

bronco militia
03-28-2012, 10:27 AM
at least it's a home game

crush17
03-28-2012, 10:27 AM
I will be happy to get that game out of the way.

Btw do you have a link for this?

RunSilentRunDeep
03-28-2012, 10:28 AM
It has been announced that the Broncos will play the Ravens on opening weekend on Sunday Night Football.

Saw the teams we are playing a few months ago and said Baltimore is an away game. That sucks.

What did you see that?

Broncolt
03-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Peyton has field days with baltimore's defense surprisingly

bronco militia
03-28-2012, 10:30 AM
the B-more game is at home

bronco militia
03-28-2012, 10:34 AM
maybe johny roadtrip has it wrong.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afcw.htm

55CrushEm
03-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Yes, Baltimore is an away game for us.

Smilin Assassin
03-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Not seein' this anywhere.

Chalk this up to the Pitt and NO in the opener rumors.

At this rate, we'll have half the season over with in the first week.

Rabb
03-28-2012, 10:39 AM
the B-more game is at home

nope

SonOfLe-loLang
03-28-2012, 10:40 AM
If this winds up being true, it would suck.

RMT
03-28-2012, 10:44 AM
HOME:
Oakland Raiders
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New Orleans Saints
Houston Texans

AWAY:
Oakland Raiders
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New England Patriots

HILife
03-28-2012, 10:44 AM
at least it's a home game

Damn, I thought this was going to be an away game! This was the only game I was going to be able to see live. Guess I'll have to wait till next year when they play the Redskins.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-28-2012, 10:45 AM
In Baltimore. This is not good news since they've owned us no matter who is starting.

RMT
03-28-2012, 10:45 AM
maybe johny roadtrip has it wrong.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afcw.htm

JRT has been my source for the past few years as well but the away/home teams aren't 100% accurate this year.

Lestat
03-28-2012, 10:46 AM
keep Bernard Pollard the **** away from Peyton Manning,Eric Decker and DT!!!

bronco militia
03-28-2012, 10:47 AM
JRT has been my source for the past few years as well but the away/home teams aren't 100% accurate this year.

yeah....this is the first time I've found an error.

HILife
03-28-2012, 10:48 AM
HOME:
Oakland Raiders
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New Orleans Saints
Houston Texans

AWAY:
Oakland Raiders
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New England Patriots

Ok, so this is an away game? Great, now if they could just make it Sunday afternoon instead of Sunday night it would be great. Driving out of that stadium is a B**ch on game day and i don't want to get home at 2AM then go to work the next day.

RMT
03-28-2012, 10:51 AM
yeah....this is the first time I've found an error.

At least they posted the CORRECT 2012 opponents here, http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nflopponents.htm

I just wish they'd go back and fix the "2010-2017 future opponents" pages to reflect the 2012 schedule so people aren't confused.

I haven't seen or heard ONE thing about going to Baltimore for the opening weekend. I'm not sure the Broncos would be too eager for that either for Manning's first game as a Bronco.

MplsBronco
03-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Would suck if Manning got smashed in the very first game.

bronco militia
03-28-2012, 10:54 AM
At least they posted the CORRECT 2012 opponents here, http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nflopponents.htm

I just wish they'd go back and fix the "2010-2017 future opponents" pages to reflect the 2012 schedule so people aren't confused.

I haven't seen or heard ONE thing about going to Baltimore for the opening weekend. I'm not sure the Broncos would be too eager for that either for Manning's first game as a Bronco.

thanks for the link!

RMT
03-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Found this little tidbit from steelersgab.com ... I'd trust a player who's "hearing rumors" than fans who post rumors with no links ... just sayin'

"If it’s true and the game is set (Steelers vs Broncos in Denver opening weekend), the Steelers will be without starting safety Ryan Clark, who upon hearing the rumors tweeted: “Hearing Steelers @ Broncos could be 1st Sunday night game of the season,” Clark posted on Twitter. “If that happens, guess I’ll wait for week 2.”"

Kaylore
03-28-2012, 10:56 AM
We rarely lose our home opener. It takes a Kyle Orton farting the ball on the thirty with no pressure to effect one of our rare home opener losses. And since we got that out of the way and Peyton-freaking-Manning will be our QB - Fahget aboutit!

Jetmeck
03-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Ok, so this is an away game? Great, now if they could just make it Sunday afternoon instead of Sunday night it would be great. Driving out of that stadium is a B**ch on game day and i don't want to get home at 2AM then go to work the next day.

..sacrifices....sacrifices..............have made quite a few for my Broncos including spit blood a couple of times....damn Chef fans

MVP-06
03-28-2012, 11:01 AM
I usually cringe when I see Baltimore on the schedule, but w/ Manning I like our chances a lot more

BroncoLifer
03-28-2012, 11:02 AM
HOME:
Oakland Raiders
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New Orleans Saints
Houston Texans

AWAY:
Oakland Raiders
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New England Patriots

This is just wrong. The NFC teams and the AFC North games are backwards. Look at the NFC teams -- where did we last play Atlanta and Carolina? On the road, meaning that this time they will be at home. When the AFC North was last in the rotation, McDaniels' first year, we played Pitt and Clev in Denver, meaning that this time those will be on the road, etc.

vancejohnson82
03-28-2012, 11:03 AM
ehhh, I'd rather have the schedule frontloaded

maybe this year we can end the season without a 3 game losing streak or a 6 game collapse

RunSilentRunDeep
03-28-2012, 11:06 AM
The smell of BS is in the air. I don't think the OP had any idea what it was talking about.

Gcver2ver3
03-28-2012, 11:06 AM

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt200/ExiTe/BringIt.gif

Kaylore
03-28-2012, 11:16 AM
The smell of BS is in the air. I don't think the OP had any idea what it was talking about.

We need an edit from a mod.

RMT
03-28-2012, 11:27 AM
This is just wrong. The NFC teams and the AFC North games are backwards. Look at the NFC teams -- where did we last play Atlanta and Carolina? On the road, meaning that this time they will be at home. When the AFC North was last in the rotation, McDaniels' first year, we played Pitt and Clev in Denver, meaning that this time those will be on the road, etc.

My list of 2012 home and away opponents IS correct ...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/future-opponents.html

Dexter
03-28-2012, 11:34 AM
I can't remember the last time we played Baltimore AT home. Its always at their place, I don't get how the scheduling works.

Smilin Assassin
03-28-2012, 11:48 AM
My list of 2012 home and away opponents IS correct ...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedule-and-events/future-opponents.html

Next year should be REAL interesting.

Manning vs Indy AND Eli, and the Broncos against Shanny AND Kubiak (I know we play Kubes this yr, as well). Toss in Del Rio vs Jacksonville for kicks.

Who knows, maybe Orton will be starting for Dallas by then...

broncocalijohn
03-28-2012, 11:52 AM
In Baltimore. This is not good news since they've owned us no matter who is starting...not named Peyton Manning.

Fixed for you. There are still Baltimore Colts fans left I hope in Baltimore and we will have a good rep there. I hate playing Ravens and it always seems an away game.

COBronc78
03-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Last time we played the NFC South, didn't we play the same teams at home and away?

I thought it was supposed to rotate so we would play Carolina and Atlanta at home while playing NO and TB on the road? Maybe I'm mistaken

Smilin Assassin
03-28-2012, 11:58 AM
In Baltimore. This is not good news since they've owned us no matter who is starting.

True, but our starters have been Griese, Kanell, and Orton.

(Was Jake starting in any of them? I can't remember one, but..)

I know we won one w/Jake at QB.

Gcver2ver3
03-28-2012, 11:58 AM

it always matters who starts at QB...

with a healthy Manning, i like our chances...

Meck77
03-28-2012, 12:04 PM
I usually cringe when I see Baltimore on the schedule, but w/ Manning I like our chances a lot more

Now that the season is being laid out is there anyone left in this community who would honestly rather have Tebow starting against the Ravens over peyton manning? Anyone? Anyone?

BroncoLifer
03-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Last time we played the NFC South, didn't we play the same teams at home and away?

I thought it was supposed to rotate so we would play Carolina and Atlanta at home while playing NO and TB on the road? Maybe I'm mistaken

Exactly the point I was making. Did we miss an announcement that the NFL is skipping or altering the home/road rotation for the out-of-division games?

El Guapo
03-28-2012, 12:44 PM

Sweet! I'll be there, as I live right down the road. Too bad they own us.

g00fyfoot
03-28-2012, 12:48 PM
I was also under the impression that it rotated home-way.

In 2009, we played BAL and CIN away, and PIT and CLE at home.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/tradition/moments-in-history/results-2009.html

That would mean we play BAL and CIN at home, and PIT and CLE away this year.

This is also reflected here:

http://footballschedule.me/denver-broncos-schedule

not that that's an official site or anything.

Lolad

you shouldn't park at the stadium, if you park in one of the hotel lots maybe a 10-15 min walk away you would be better off. It's what I did the last time we played there.

Lestat
Suggs,Lewis,Pollard & Reed would have been taking way too many shots on Tebow if he was scrambling during the game. i know they'll get after Manning as well but that'll be inside the pocket where flags come out easy.
Now that the season is being laid out is there anyone left in this community who would honestly rather have Tebow starting against the Ravens over peyton manning? Anyone? Anyone?

Beantown Bronco
03-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Suggs,Lewis,Pollard & Reed would have been taking way too many shots on Tebow if he was scrambling during the game. i know they'll get after Manning as well but that'll be inside the pocket where flags come out easy.

This brings up a good point. Remember how many times Tebow got face masked and nailed in the head in general last year (not counting when he scrambled), only to have the zebras do nothing? Not going to happen anymore with Manning. It's going to be weird being the beneficiaries of the "don't breathe on the superstar QB rule" for once.

bendog
03-28-2012, 12:58 PM
He revolutionized the way the position is played.

maher_tyler
03-28-2012, 01:18 PM
I can't remember the last time we played Baltimore AT home. Its always at their place, I don't get how the scheduling works.

I think the last time was the year we went to the AFC Championship game. 05-06 season.

bronco militia
03-28-2012, 01:20 PM
2005 and 2006......the broncos won both.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-28-2012, 01:20 PM
This brings up a good point. Remember how many times Tebow got face masked and nailed in the head in general last year (not counting when he scrambled), only to have the zebras do nothing? Not going to happen anymore with Manning. It's going to be weird being the beneficiaries of the "don't breathe on the superstar QB rule" for once.

I for one will be grateful

anton
03-28-2012, 01:36 PM

It SHOULD be that way but unfortunately it is different. Bucs played SD in Tampa 3 years ago so I was super excited to go see them in San Diego this year but for some reason that game will be played in Tampa again. Strange...

broncosteven
03-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Upon hearing this Ray Lewis had his limo driver pull into the nearest alley so he could knife someone.

NFLBRONCO
03-28-2012, 01:42 PM
How do you fans feel about tons of PrimeTime games this year?

DENVERDUI55
03-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Doesn't manning own the ravens?

Gcver2ver3
03-28-2012, 01:46 PM
How do you fans feel about tons of PrimeTime games this year?

less return on my Sunday Ticket investment...

DeusExManning
03-28-2012, 01:51 PM

This is BS nobody anywhere is reporting this all rumors.

R8R H8R
03-28-2012, 01:56 PM
less return on my Sunday Ticket investment...

That is exactly what I was thinking. ^5

Punisher
03-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Lets do this

UberBroncoMan
03-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Why the **** would they want to show Manning's first game as an away one. Pretty silly imo.

cutthemdown
03-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Eeesh the want to kill manning first game. :)

Requiem
03-28-2012, 07:56 PM
I hope Manning throws a ball through Ray Lewis' torso. That man is a drug dealer and murderer.

cutthemdown
03-28-2012, 08:01 PM
I wish they made more division matchups first game. I'd love to see Broncos v Charger Raiders V Chiefs, or vice versa. Then save the other matchup for late in the season like week 15-16-17 etc.

Broncos vs Chargers in Denver to open would be great. We could argue and banter back and forth with the Bolt fans for weeks leading up to the game. :) They could tell us about all their Super Bowl wins.....oh wait........................................:)

oubronco
03-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Let's do this

titan
03-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Why the **** would they want to show Manning's first game as an away one. Pretty silly imo.

Plus the fact that the US Open tennis coverage on CBS has prevented the Broncos from having an opening Sunday afternoon home game for many years. If the NFL is going to schedule the Broncos for a night game opening weekend, make it a home game!

Broncobiv
03-28-2012, 08:46 PM
I know the NFL doesn't always alternate home/away for out-of-conference opponents (which is weird because they only face each other once every 4 years).

I always go to the game when Denver comes to Arizona. 2 years ago, it was Orton's last game before getting benched for Tebow the rest of the way. 6 years ago, it was Cutler's first win in the NFL as a rookie with that sweet 60-yard, naked bootleg, off the back foot bomb to Javon Walker (both games in AZ since I was there).

I always relish an opportunity to post that play!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LeIvkvsVAyc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

maven
03-28-2012, 08:51 PM
I wish they made more division matchups first game. I'd love to see Broncos v Charger Raiders V Chiefs, or vice versa. Then save the other matchup for late in the season like week 15-16-17 etc.

Broncos vs Chargers in Denver to open would be great. We could argue and banter back and forth with the Bolt fans for weeks leading up to the game. :) They could tell us about all their Super Bowl wins.....oh wait........................................:)

I don't. That would be like getting the Bears vs Lions on primetime. No thanks

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-28-2012, 09:21 PM
cant catch a break damn

DeusExManning
03-28-2012, 09:55 PM
still waiting for a link on this

DENVERDUI55
03-28-2012, 10:16 PM
I know the NFL doesn't always alternate home/away for out-of-conference opponents (which is weird because they only face each other once every 4 years).

I always go to the game when Denver comes to Arizona. 2 years ago, it was Orton's last game before getting benched for Tebow the rest of the way. 6 years ago, it was Cutler's first win in the NFL as a rookie with that sweet 60-yard, naked bootleg, off the back foot bomb to Javon Walker (both games in AZ since I was there).

I always relish an opportunity to post that play!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LeIvkvsVAyc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I saw those games too and in 06 cutler to kircus in similar fashion.

Broncolt
03-29-2012, 12:10 AM
Doesn't manning own the ravens?

Yes

brncs_fan
03-29-2012, 06:22 AM
HOME:
Oakland Raiders
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New Orleans Saints
Houston Texans

AWAY:
Oakland Raiders
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New England Patriots

A game close enough I might be able to attend!

DenverBound
03-29-2012, 06:37 AM
Manning vs the NFL. There are only two teams out of 32 that he has a losing record against. 7-2 all time vs the Ravens. I'm not worried. and with his record against divisional opponents... Don't expect to lose many divisional games once he becomes familiar and gets a chance to dissect each of them. Houston was his bitch. Well they all were really.

http://peytonmanning18.com/eachteam.html