PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Who had the best free-agency period?

Bronco Rob
03-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Poll: Who had the best free-agency period?

Mar 27 11:00AM ET By Bill Williamson

The high-impact portion of free agency is the books.

The Broncos got the big fish in the NFL in the form of Peyton Manning. They also added several other pieces, including cornerback Tracy Porter and tight end Jacob Tamme.

The Chiefs made some huge key offensive pickups in running back Peyton Hillis, tackle Eric Winston and tight end Kevin Boss and they signed cornerback Stanford Routt.

San Diego made several key addition, including receivers Robert Meacham and Eddie Royal and linebacker Jarret Johnson. And kept key offensive linemen Nick Hardwick and Jared Gaither. But the Chargers lost the talented Vincent Jackson and Mike Tolbert.

Oakland concentrated on getting under the salary cap, but had to cut seven players including Boss, Routt, Boss and Kamerion Wimbley. They lost the likes of Michael Bush and Jason Campbell in free agency, but added starters in guard Mike Brisiel and cornerbacks Ronald Bartell and Shawntae Spencer.

Take our poll and express your thoughts in our comment section below. We will review the poll results Wednesday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/42114/pool-who-had-the-best-free-agency-period

g6matty
03-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Overall the Buccaneers made some nice pick ups!

Rohirrim
03-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Broncos - A+
Chiefs - A
Chargers - C (kind of a wash, really)
Raiders - F (they have secured the bottom of the AFCW)

Kaylore
03-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Gee, I wonder how this is going to go?

I should start a poll that asks "Which team is the coolest?"

Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers

Bronco Rob
03-27-2012, 12:21 PM
;)

bronco militia
03-27-2012, 12:22 PM
the raiders are on this list? why?

I voted for them ;D

Bronco Rob
03-27-2012, 02:44 PM
bronco militia?

Gcver2ver3
03-27-2012, 03:01 PM
if the current poll question was replaced with the question "which team plays in Denver?" i firmly believe the poll results would be exactly the same...

FireFly
03-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Kansas City actually did pretty well.

Bacchus
03-27-2012, 03:46 PM
he CHiefs seemed to have a very good offseason so far. BUT the wanted Manning he wouldn't give them the time of day Clear victory fo rthe Broncos!!

BroncoBuff
03-27-2012, 07:31 PM

:~ohyah!:

To like the chefs free-agency, you have to really trust Peyton Hillis. I don't ... I think anybody who plays his way down off the throne and out of a great sports town like Cleveland has issues.

Routt is good, I'd rather have Routt than Porter. Signing Porter seems like bad mojo to me.

Pontius Pirate
03-27-2012, 08:19 PM
This was a very valuable post and poll. I'm glad you posted it. I feel like we all learned something new and interesting - things that I would've in no way guessed until I clicked on the poll and like WOW HOLY SMOKES 90% OF THE OM DOES, IN FACT, THINK THE BRONCOS HAD THE BEST FA?! WOW

baja
03-27-2012, 08:54 PM
This was a very valuable post and poll. I'm glad you posted it. I feel like we all learned something new and interesting - things that I would've in no way guessed until I clicked on the poll and like WOW HOLY SMOKES 90% OF THE OM DOES, IN FACT, THINK THE BRONCOS HAD THE BEST FA?! WOW

Almost s good as this one;

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99152

Boltjolt
03-27-2012, 09:41 PM

Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers

LOL No kidding. I dont understand why this place keeps saying us losing Tolbert is a big deal. He wasnt that great. Many of our fans dont even care. I mean some do but more arent losing any sleep over it.

Im serious when i say he was a better ST's player. He was OK as a RB.

NUB
03-27-2012, 11:15 PM
Denver went reaching at the wrong time.

KC was quite focused in their moves.

San Diego/Oakland both look up a creek.

fontaine
03-28-2012, 02:39 AM
They forgot to mention Jack Del Rio as the 2nd biggest acquisition for Denver.

The guy consistently produced quality DLs in his tenure in Jax and I think he's going to be instrumental in molding this defense. Along with McCoy and Manning engineering the offense I can John Fox really enjoying this season and we already know the player love playing for him.

Oakland look lost to me. They lost guys like Routt, Boss, Bush and their best pass rusher in Wimbley not to mention a decent center in Satele. Seymour's play really tailed off last year as well, and without a full deck in the draft I think Palmer is going to be in a lot of battles this year.

UberBroncoMan
03-28-2012, 03:06 AM
Take away Manning and the Chiefs won it.

cutthemdown
03-28-2012, 03:27 AM

Take away D-Day working and the NAZIS keep Europe. :notworthy

cutthemdown
03-28-2012, 03:30 AM

Take away the creamy filling on an OREO cookie and what do you have? Two wafers? that sucks.

Take away the juicy steak from a steak dinner and all you have is some mashed potatoes, green beans and a salad. If you were in a prison of war camp and we were all sitting around talking about what we would eat if we were free, would you say yeah but take away the steak and your meal would suck?

Of course without Manning we lose FA lol. Getting him was the main focus. The rest just the mashed potatoes and green beans!

UberBroncoMan
03-28-2012, 03:34 AM
Take away the creamy filling on an OREO cookie and what do you have? Two wafers? that sucks.

Take away the juicy steak from a steak dinner and all you have is some mashed potatoes, green beans and a salad. If you were in a prison of war camp and we were all sitting around talking about what we would eat if we were free, would you say yeah but take away the steak and your meal would suck?

Of course without Manning we lose FA lol. Getting him was the main focus. The rest just the mashed potatoes and green beans!

My point though is that the Chiefs made big upgrades at positions of need. Really good ones too. They're going to be a ****ing whore with the run this year. Guess why the Chargers beat Manning so many years? Tomlinson in his prime with a great running game.

Charles speeding around with Hillis slamming into us as a one two punch with Winston added to their big hole at RT is going to be brutal.

Our prime weakness is at DT. Our division enemies strengths is the running game. That spells bad news.

cutthemdown
03-28-2012, 03:43 AM
My point though is that the Chiefs made big upgrades at positions of need. Really good ones too. They're going to be a ****ing whore with the run this year. Guess why the Chargers beat Manning so many years? Tomlinson in his prime with a great running game.

Our prime weakness is at DT. Our division enemies strengths is the running game. That spells bad news.

I will say Winston over rated. Hes a good player but sometimes in FA people just get elevated. Its like FA, played on a good team, boom you cash in.

I watch a lot of Texans football and the RBS do an amazing job. Winston is good but honestly he catches blocks instead of delivering blows. Plus he plays RT which in the NFL just doesnt seem to be a spot teams feel they need to spend at. I like Franklin better then Winston. Maybe not as good just yet, but younger and stronger IMO. Plus Winston had a 2004 ACL tear. He's played well though......but sticking Winston 1-1 with Miller still won't work. Sorry Chiefs hes not Gary Zimmerman. No 300 pound dude can stop Miller 1 on 1 all game.

fontaine
03-28-2012, 03:51 AM

Charles speeding around with Hillis slamming into us as a one two punch with Winston added to their big hole at RT is going to be brutal.

They can ground and pound all day if they want to and will because their passing game is nothing.

How many offenses outscore their opponents with a run heavy dose? Because that's exactly what they'll have to do against the Broncos offense: Match them with 25 + points from the ground.

UberBroncoMan
03-28-2012, 04:19 AM
They can ground and pound all day if they want to and will because their passing game is nothing.

How many offenses outscore their opponents with a run heavy dose? Because that's exactly what they'll have to do against the Broncos offense: Match them with 25 + points from the ground.

They scored 366 points with a healthy running game in 2010 and I believe lead the entire NFL in rushing. They scored 212 last year.

They were without their #1 rusher, #1 secondary defender and #2 receiver last year and still went 7-9.

Can't believe I'm even defending the ****ing Chiefs. I just think they're going to have a superb running game that keeps O's off the field with Hillis and Charles and an improved O-Line.

Given how important division games are we need to have a D-Line that can stop it.

ol#7
03-28-2012, 04:27 AM
Patriots killed it in FA. I thought they were taking a step back, but they just reloaded.

Bronco Rob
03-28-2012, 05:49 AM
Denver -- 48%

Kansas City -- 32%

Oakland -- 8%

San Diego -- 12%

(Total votes: 14,939)

;)