PDA

View Full Version : Plummer throwing in Denver today

RADRHATR
03-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Per Lindsey Jones

The draft prospects working out with Denver trainer Loren Landow had a special guest tossing them passes today.

Former Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer made an appearance today at the South Suburban Sports Dome where Landow works out his clients. Plummer will likely return for another throwing session later this spring.

A couple of other former Broncos were present at the workout, including defensive tackle Justin Bannan and cornerback Karl Paymah. Draft prospects working out with Landow include Colorado coach Jon Embree’s son, Taylor, who played wide receiver at UCLA.

Taco John
03-26-2012, 03:40 PM
I didn't know Denver had a handball facility...

DenverBrit
03-26-2012, 03:44 PM
I didn't know Denver had a handball facility...

http://apeineforyourthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/al-bundy.jpg

OBF1
03-26-2012, 04:13 PM
So it appears the "Long ball" will not be thrown around.

ColoradoDarin
03-26-2012, 04:16 PM
The comeback begins!!!

(for Tampa bay)

razorwire77
03-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Lolerz. Because if I'm a college prospect, when I think of long-term transitional success from college to the pros the name Karl Paymah immediately comes to mind.

broncosteven
03-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Were they throwing in the park outside Dove Valley with Chad Mustard?

extralife
03-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Unfortunately, all the passes sailed and were picked off by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Gcver2ver3
03-26-2012, 08:37 PM
it just got real...

Goobzilla
03-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Jarious Jackson looked over the fence and sighed deeply.

Agamemnon
03-27-2012, 05:35 AM
Is this a joke?

Darkhawk24
03-27-2012, 05:40 AM
Yeah, really ... What is going on around here? I've have been coughing up the small talk around here with Jake Plummer.

Is he really trying to make a comeback?

strafen
03-27-2012, 05:55 AM
plummer.
In before a moron says we should give him a shot...

BroncoInferno
03-27-2012, 05:57 AM
plummer.
In before a moron says we should give him a shot...

He's still a better option than Hanie, sad as that is to say.

v2micca
03-27-2012, 07:46 AM
He's still a better option than Hanie, sad as that is to say.

After spending the last five years out of the league? Sorry, I'm no fan of the Hanie signing, but Plummer is not an option as an NFL player anymore. He should stick with handball, banging former cheerleaders, and taking potshots at Mike Shannahan whenever he sees a microphone.

BroncoBen
03-27-2012, 08:22 AM
I guess Plummer said he has no desire to play football anymore, pretty much has moved on.

bronco militia
03-27-2012, 08:24 AM
Jarious Jackson looked over the fence and sighed deeply.

LOLLOLLOL

strafen
03-27-2012, 08:28 AM
He's still a better option than Hanie, sad as that is to say.That's not a reasonable statement.
He's been out of football too long, and in my mind, he wasn't that good to start with, let alone trying to compete now...

Hanie is a decent back-up. He's for some reason developed a bad rap here, so now he sucks because the o-mane posters say so...

Hanie is just a back-up. That's all he is. He's not QBOTF or anything like that.
Let's reserve the biitching to when if we draft a QB...
But to be complaining about Hanie?!
Really? Ha! ROFL!

BroncoInferno
03-27-2012, 08:31 AM
That's not a reasonable statement.
He's been out of football too long, and in my mind, he wasn't that good to start with, let alone trying to compete now...

Hanie is a decent back-up. He's for some reason developed a bad rap here, so now he sucks because the o-mane posters say so...

Hanie is just a back-up. That's all he is. He's not QBOTF or anything like that.
Let's reserve the biitching to when if we draft a QB...
But to be complaining about Hanie?!
Really? Ha! ROFL!

I was only being half-serious. But Hanie really does suck.

Darkhawk24
03-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Caleb Hanie is probably the same backup caliber as Brady Quinn.

ColoradoDarin
03-27-2012, 09:09 AM
I'd take Jake Plummer any day over Caleb Hanie, but unfortunately....

TAMPA BAY.

errand
03-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Lolerz. Because if I'm a college prospect, when I think of long-term transitional success from college to the pros the name Karl Paymah immediately comes to mind.

"Those that can't do, teach...and those that can't teach, teach gym..." - Jack Black, School of Rock

All kidding aside....

What do guys like Bill Walsh, Mike Shanahan, Andy Reid, Gary Kubiak, mike holmgren all have in common? the were never pros or were marginal pros if they did play in the NFL...and they're all pretty good QB gurus. ditto for Harbaugh....

you see it all the time...rarely does a great ball player turn out to be a better coach. It's usually the ones who had lesser talent but became students of the game that make the transition into coaching.

Rohirrim
03-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Some you people craaaaaazy.