PDA

View Full Version : Merril Hoge tie knot, WTF?

ZONA
03-26-2012, 01:39 AM
Not like he's just started using this type of knot but I think it's finally annoyed me enough to where I notice it every time I see him and can't stop looking at that thing. Sorta like Austin Powers being obsessed with the mole on that one dudes face, hahaha.

Seriously Merril, I think it's overboard already.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/merril-hoge-e1324937359613.jpg

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41593_153478698027698_3240914_n.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RDpsS7xd0Ss/TyklphRwkbI/AAAAAAAAA_Y/sPyfb2FJKKk/s1600/moley+moley+moley.jpg

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-26-2012, 01:44 AM
Maybe its a small knot. But when you compare it to the size of his head, it make the knot look bigger. LOL

orinjkrush
03-26-2012, 01:46 AM
double windsor on a single windsor body.

Rother8
03-26-2012, 01:47 AM
What a fagbot

JJG
03-26-2012, 08:04 AM
double windsor on a single windsor body.

that might be a triple windsor, or maybe even the ever elusive quad windsor.

Rohirrim
03-26-2012, 08:18 AM
People still wear ties?

lolcopter
03-26-2012, 08:36 AM
He's a dip**** that guy

Chris
03-26-2012, 09:46 AM
All of ESPN / NFLN is a lesson in how to not dress up.

RaiderH8r
03-26-2012, 09:55 AM

I think it's a triple-double.

I am glad I am not alone in noticing the douchecockery of Hoge's tie. I have actually tried to pull that off just to see how the f it happens and I can't do it. It's like he's smuggling a ham under that thing.

Stagger Lee
03-26-2012, 09:57 AM
I think it's a triple-double.

I am glad I am not alone in noticing the douchecockery of Hoge's tie. I have actually tried to pull that off just to see how the f it happens and I can't do it. It's like he's smuggling a ham under that thing.

Excellent use of the word "douchecockery". Rep to you sir.

Chris
03-26-2012, 10:01 AM
i think it's more flat headed douchecockgobblery

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Big knots were trendy back in 2008. He's just slow. He probably still posts on MySpace too.

Chris
03-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Fixed that for ya

http://i42.tinypic.com/jjsnqq.jpg

bendog
03-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Guy's always dressed as a wannabe pimp.

jhns
03-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Why are you all so worried about the way another man dresses? Seems kind of gay.

Captain 'Dre
03-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Maybe its a small knot. But when you compare it to the size of his head, it make the knot look bigger. LOL

I just figured he was wearing Shaquille O'Neal's tie. :)

Captain 'Dre
03-26-2012, 10:32 AM

Are you talking about a tie? Or an ice skating maneuver? :)

JJG
03-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Are you talking about a tie? Or an ice skating maneuver? :)

both, at the same time:welcome:

bronco militia
03-26-2012, 11:07 AM
ah ha!

I think I found the right thread for this:

http://cdn.lolhappens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/pewpewpew.gif

ZONA
03-26-2012, 01:56 PM
ah ha!

Been saving that one have ya, hahahahah

Mogulseeker
03-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Not like he's just started using this type of knot but I think it's finally annoyed me enough to where I notice it every time I see him and can't stop looking at that thing. Sorta like Austin Powers being obsessed with the mole on that one dudes face, hahaha.

Seriously Merril, I think it's overboard already.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/merril-hoge-e1324937359613.jpg

That's like a freaking quadruple windsor.

That tie is probably as tall as he is.

bendog
03-26-2012, 03:14 PM
ah ha!

John Oates dancing to Daryl Hall?

The Moops
03-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Hoge must have a lot of issues. He was a marginal player and now I believe he's bitter and jealous of today's players and their success.

He spends so much time looking at game film he misses the point about why some players succeed and others fail. Heart. It's not on film, dude.

BigPlayShay
03-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Over, under, over, under, over, under, over, under, up and through

rmsanger
03-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Why are you all so worried about the way another man dresses? Seems kind of gay.

X2

didn't want to be the first to state this when reading the OP's thread. I'm in agreement that Hoge is a douche but fashion comments especially on his "tie"ing ability is really :slapsilly

RaiderH8r
03-26-2012, 10:21 PM
X2

didn't want to be the first to state this when reading the OP's thread. I'm in agreement that Hoge is a douche but fashion comments especially on his "tie"ing ability is really :slapsilly

I get the feeling you wouldn't notice a turd in a punch bowl.

Jason in LA
03-26-2012, 11:53 PM

I have a friend who wears his ties like that. He says the only issue is that he can't take his coat off, because the tie is super short because most of it is in the knot.

Anikai
03-26-2012, 11:57 PM
When you're a clown you're supposed to wear oversized things. Since he showed his wiener to co-workers, I take it he is from the race of Ass-Clowns.

Jason in LA
03-26-2012, 11:58 PM
People still wear ties?

Yes, and wear suits too! That's how you get high class chicks. lol

I started wearing bow ties a few years back. Not a clip on, but a real one. Chicks really dig that. And it looks cool at the end of the night when you untie it and let it hang at the end of the night. Like Frank Sinatra type cool. Chicks dig that.

Anikai
03-27-2012, 12:06 AM

I started wearing bow ties a few years back. Not a clip on, but a real one. Chicks really dig that. And it looks cool at the end of the night when you untie it and let it hang at the end of the night. Like Frank Sinatra type cool. Chicks dig that.

You do have a point, I dress up for work and sometimes when I feel a little crazy i bust out the tie, usually on a thirsty thirsday when i know im going to the bar. Unlike Merril I wear ties that fit a human, not Godzilla.

Doggcow
03-27-2012, 01:52 AM
http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad145/howimetyourmothergifs/dontlikeit.gif

broncocalijohn
03-27-2012, 03:10 AM

You know, that is exactly what Tebow was doing about some other reporter's tie? Coincidence?

Beantown Bronco
03-27-2012, 07:22 AM
I have a friend who wears his ties like that. He says the only issue is that he can't take his coat off, because the tie is super short because most of it is in the knot.

Yeah, THAT'S the only issue. ROFL!

Rohirrim
03-27-2012, 09:03 AM

I prefer the three days without a shave wearing Henleys and jeans look. It's that "I don't give a ****" aura that women can't resist. Anyway, my wife seems to like it.. :puff:

BroncoBen
03-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Really... no one looks at this guy when they are about to go on-air. That tie is ridiculous..

RaiderH8r
03-27-2012, 09:56 AM

Your friend, like Merrill, needs to learn how to tie a tie then. Hopefully your friend isn't a simpering sack of dog ****, blow hard douche bag named "Merrill" so he'll at least have that going for him.

Jason in LA
03-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Your friend, like Merrill, needs to learn how to tie a tie then. Hopefully your friend isn't a simpering sack of dog ****, blow hard douche bag named "Merrill" so he'll at least have that going for him.

My friend is a lawyer who used to work in the DA's office in New York, where I'm pretty sure he didn't wear his tie like that. He's now an entertainment lawyer out here in LA, so he's entertaining clients at Hollywood events. Stretching the fashion limits is part of the entertainment culture, so it works. I'd say the tie can work in social settings (even though I'd never do it, it's not my style), but not in business settings.

To take this whole tie thing a step further, outside of Hoge, I've only seen black guys wear a neck tie like that. When I first saw him where it like that my first thought was that it was the first time I'd seen a white guy where a tie like that, and he looked like he was in the mob or something.

I've seen a lot of black guys pull that look off. Maybe that's because I have a lot of black friends who wear suits, or maybe it's because a lot of black guys stretch the limits of fashion. I've noticed that black guys take more chances with business attire, which looks good at times, but also looks horrible at times. I've seen a lot of pimpish attire that looks terrible.

Chris
03-28-2012, 09:52 AM
My friend is a lawyer who used to work in the DA's office in New York, where I'm pretty sure he didn't wear his tie like that. He's now an entertainment lawyer out here in LA, so he's entertaining clients at Hollywood events. Stretching the fashion limits is part of the entertainment culture, so it works. I'd say the tie can work in social settings (even though I'd never do it, it's not my style), but not in business settings.

To take this whole tie thing a step further, outside of Hoge, I've only seen black guys wear a neck tie like that. When I first saw him where it like that my first thought was that it was the first time I'd seen a white guy where a tie like that, and he looked like he was in the mob or something.

I've seen a lot of black guys pull that look off. Maybe that's because I have a lot of black friends who wear suits, or maybe it's because a lot of black guys stretch the limits of fashion. I've noticed that black guys take more chances with business attire, which looks good at times, but also looks horrible at times. I've seen a lot of pimpish attire that looks terrible.

I work an entertainment. This is not pushing the "fashion limits". This is just terrible Mens Warehouse-esque clothing.

Jason in LA
03-28-2012, 09:58 AM
I work an entertainment. This is not pushing the "fashion limits". This is just terrible Mens Warehouse-esque clothing.

Seeing that you work in entertainment, than you know that a lot of people come up with attire that go against the norm in that industry. I'd say more than any other industry. Some looks work well, some looks are horrible.

Pony Boy
03-28-2012, 10:22 AM
.........LOL...ROFL!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E9yJjUmyfwY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rohirrim
03-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Ever notice that Hoge looks like Lee Harvey Oswald?