PDA

View Full Version : Which Bronco offensive player will be most improved because of Manning?

baja
03-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Which Bronco offensive player will be most improved because of Manning?

BroncoMan4ever
03-26-2012, 12:20 AM
dammit i didn't pay attention and meant to click Decker, but clicked DT.

i think Decker is the guy to look out for. he was looking pretty good at the start of last season with Orton tossing him the ball and with a guy like Manning i think he can explode.

Bacchus
03-26-2012, 12:23 AM
I know Thomas will win this poll but he is a big WR and does not run precise routes. Manning is used to throwing to smaller WRs and they run perfect routes sohe knows exactly where they will be. This could take some work for them to get on the same page.

I voted for Moreno, he could thrive in this system.

DENVERDUI55
03-26-2012, 12:25 AM
It's a toss up for me. I think Thomas will have bigger plays and higher yardage but I think Decker will be the go to guy and get the most catches on the team.

BroncoMan4ever
03-26-2012, 12:36 AM
I know Thomas will win this poll but he is a big WR and does not run precise routes. Manning is used to throwing to smaller WRs and they run perfect routes sohe knows exactly where they will be. This could take some work for them to get on the same page.

I voted for Moreno, he could thrive in this system.

i'd vote for Moreno too, but to do it, he would actually have to stay on the field.

Bacchus
03-26-2012, 12:43 AM
i'd vote for Moreno too, but to do it, he would actually have to stay on the field.

Maybe this will be the year.

baja
03-26-2012, 12:48 AM
I think Moreno is going to be shockingly better. (stay healthy)

R8R H8R
03-26-2012, 01:06 AM
I'll go out on a limb and take Walton. Since it appears EFX rejected Saturday, maybe Magazu figures Walton will benefit from Manning and a new scheme.

Doggcow
03-26-2012, 01:26 AM
I'll go out on a limb and take Walton. Since it appears EFX rejected Saturday, maybe Magazu figures Walton will benefit from Manning and a new scheme.

Manning's quick reads/release will definitely make our Oline look better.

broncocalijohn
03-26-2012, 01:29 AM
Knowshow because the defense will need to think pass instead of run, run and run like we had last season. Many swing out passes will make him a threat until he gets hurt.

baja
03-26-2012, 01:30 AM
I should have included Tim Tebow as a choice

Mod?

Doggcow
03-26-2012, 01:38 AM
Knowshow because the defense will need to think pass instead of run, run and run like we had last season. Many swing out passes will make him a threat until he gets hurt.

Lol well I guess if he makes 7 plays before getting injured that crushes his average of about 2 a season.

Rabb
03-26-2012, 08:11 AM
I say Walton, I think he is going to become a much smarter overall player

go_broncos
03-26-2012, 08:15 AM

First priority for Moreno is to stay healthy.

LonghornBronco
03-26-2012, 08:15 AM
I'm surprised I was the only one so far to vote for Clady. I think he will shine with a prototypical drop back passer that can deal. His game is predicated on movement and finesse and with a guy like manning thats in the right spot on time and gets rid of the ball on time I believe Clady is set for an all-pro season.

Gcver2ver3
03-26-2012, 08:29 AM
i gotta give credit, ALL of those choices are good ones...

**DT may seem like the obvious choice to some because of his ability, and there is good logic there, but he was sort of a beast already...

**Decker has been reported as a favorite of Mannings, which could lead to Deck getting a bigger increase in production than anyone...

**Clady doesn't have to block for a running left-handed QB that holds the ball forever and a day... he'll know exactly where Manning is and Manning releases the ball quickly oft times due to his pre-snap reads...

**JD Walton had his fair share of struggles, adding a future HOF'er could improve him leaps and bounds...

**Knowshon Moreno, using conventional wisdom, should be a far better fit in a balanced attack that takes advantage of his receiving and blocking skills, as well as taking away an added defender in the box when he has to run the ball...

too tough of a call for me as of now... i give credit to the OP... good poll...

oubronco
03-26-2012, 08:43 AM
All of the above

tsiguy96
03-26-2012, 08:49 AM
DT was already making huge plays with tebow, hard to say he would be better under manning. decker, however, howed playing potential but fell out of favor when tebow stepped in.

Rohirrim
03-26-2012, 08:49 AM
All of the above

Bingo! I think they'll all want to chip in at the end of the season and buy PM a Rolex. ;D

jhns
03-26-2012, 08:56 AM
I voted Decker, though the line is a close second. Thomas was getting really good stats with Tebow after he got healthy. Decker fell off. Both Orton and Tebow were bad for the line. While Manning won't stop Franklin, Beadles, and Walton from completely whiffing blocks, I bet they all look much better this year.

baja
03-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Bingo! I think they'll all want to chip in at the end of the season and buy PM a Rolex. ;D

Of course all of them, but the question is "most".

Rohirrim
03-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Of course all of them, but the question is "most".

Then I'd have to go with Knowshon. I think he'll be resurrected from obscurity.

baja
03-26-2012, 09:10 AM
hat's why I chose him too. He has the most room to be better.

IHaveALight
03-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Julius Thomas

Mouth
03-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Know-show I think. I mean all the WR's will "get better" because of manning. Know-show isn't a "between the tackles" runner, and should get a LOT of screens and safety-valve completions.

Mouth

DarkHorse
03-26-2012, 09:37 AM
The entire offensive line.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-26-2012, 09:43 AM

Lol

DENVERDUI55
03-26-2012, 10:04 AM

I'm not so sure he will be on the team come week 1.

bendog
03-26-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't know. for sure Manning's passes are easier to catch than were Tebow's, and while I think Orton's about lower/mid-pack as a qb, he seemed to be mailing it in after week 8 of 2010. So, I'd guess everyone in the passing game should be better. And Den at least played sort of a nickle base against him in Indy, and 3-4 defenses seemed to give him more trouble than 4-3, so it'll be interesting to see the running game.

But I really wonder how McGahee will work with him. I don't think a rookie picking up blitzes for a 36 year old guy is anything anyone should try. And McGahee is a pro running back, so that should be fine, but he's never been a huge pass catcher.

baja
03-26-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm not so sure he will be on the team come week 1.
Really! Why?

DENVERDUI55
03-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Really! Why?

Average player who is slow, injury prone, coming off knee surgery, DUI's. Only argument for him is pass protecting and catching balls out of backfield.

gyldenlove
03-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Clady, he does much better when he can seal off the inside rush and just force the defensive player wide, wish Tebow that wasn't an option but with Manning that will be viable again.

bendog
03-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Really! Why?

Knowshow is cap friendly, and his skill set is very peytonesque. Lance Ball, too.

BroncoBeavis
03-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Amazing how the mere presence of Manning has people spit polishing so many turds.

Knowshow? Lance Ball?

Dudes couldn't buy a positive OM comment last year.

srphoenix
03-26-2012, 10:42 AM
I think there's a decent chance dt ends up with top 5 wr stats by the end of the year.

bendog
03-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Amazing how the mere presence of Manning has people spit polishing so many turds.

Knowshow? Lance Ball?

Dudes couldn't buy a positive OM comment last year.

I think Addai sucks balls too. But, if you can pick up a blitz, run a route and catch, Manning will find a use for you.

My question remains about where McGahee fits in with this.

gyldenlove
03-26-2012, 10:55 AM
I think Addai sucks balls too. But, if you can pick up a blitz, run a route and catch, Manning will find a use for you.

My question remains about where McGahee fits in with this.

He is going to be the bellcow carrying the rock unless something changes. I would imagine we are going to see a lot of double TE sets with single back and Mcgahee is going be toting the ball out of that formation to keep the linebackers honest with our tight ends.

razorwire77
03-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Demaryius Thomas should have at least 75-80 catches this year. Anything less and it's time to start looking for a new No. 1 WR.

RaiderH8r
03-26-2012, 11:12 AM

He pulled a hammy when he read this post.

baja
03-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Decker leading the vote with 35%

RaiderH8r
03-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Decker leading the vote with 35%

Only if Manning teaches the guy to drag a foot and stay in bounds to make the catch.

BroncoBeavis
03-26-2012, 11:18 AM

We can drink to that on Addai. Obviously Manning's going to make use of whatever he has. But it's going to take honest-to-goodness exceptional talent to put this team over the top.

Far too much "Manning'll fix it" going on for my taste. Manning (even at 100%) can only carry a team so far.

DarkHorse
03-26-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm done giving Moreno the benefit of the doubt. The dude sucks, too many reasons on why he sucks to list.

He can catch the ball, that's one positive I guess. But i'd rather move on at this point.

Mouth
03-26-2012, 01:53 PM
He pulled a hammy when he read this post.

I lol'd

I'm done giving Moreno the benefit of the doubt. The dude sucks, too many reasons on why he sucks to list.

He can catch the ball, that's one positive I guess. But i'd rather move on at this point.

Moreno is a good 3rd down RB, and that's all he will ever be. Sure he had moments when he wasn't hurt, but he really didn't fit the Tebow offense very well. He is almost the perfect 3rd down back for a peyton style offense ..... as long as it is similar to what he was doing in Indy.

Mouth

BroncoMan4ever
03-26-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm surprised I was the only one so far to vote for Clady. I think he will shine with a prototypical drop back passer that can deal. His game is predicated on movement and finesse and with a guy like manning thats in the right spot on time and gets rid of the ball on time I believe Clady is set for an all-pro season.

while i believe the majority of his holding calls came because he had no idea where the hell his QB was most of the time, he has not looked like himself the last few years. i hope he can return to form because he is one of it not the best LT in the game at his best, but i am not holding my breath on that happening.

Mogulseeker
03-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Three predictions:

1. I think the entire line will look much more efficient with Manning passing the ball. Especially Kuper and Clady, who fit in great with the ZBS quick-pass system (a la Cutler, Shanahan era). Maybe Kuper will finally get the Pro Bowl apparence he has deserved.

2. The dropsies from DT and Decker will go down, but I think Decker, who is a much more precise route runner with better hands could really break out.

3. Moreno will finally play in a system that he can thrive in. He'll split carries with McGahee and another RB, so he likely wont supercede 700 yards (I don't think any Denver RB will), but his blocking and pass catching will make him the most valuable back on the Broncos this year.

Stan
03-26-2012, 09:04 PM
IF Moreno can stay healthy he could really flourish in this style of offense. This is exactly the type of offense he is suited for and I think he could have a big year. However that is an awfully big if at this point in time.

Heyneck
03-26-2012, 09:10 PM
I'll give the edge to Decker over DT. Just because Decker is a better route runner and will mostly run short mid routes. That Peytons bread and butter. If DT improves on his route tree then DT could have a monster year... but I don't see Peyton throwing it long too much this year. Also... I think we will see better results from Clady... but just because Peyton doesn't hang around with the ball too much.

Heyneck
03-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Three predictions:

1. I think the entire line will look much more efficient with Manning passing the ball. Especially Kuper and Clady, who fit in great with the ZBS quick-pass system (a la Cutler, Shanahan era). Maybe Kuper will finally get the Pro Bowl apparence he has deserved.

2. The dropsies from DT and Decker will go down, but I think Decker, who is a much more precise route runner with better hands could really break out.

3. Moreno will finally play in a system that he can thrive in. He'll split carries with McGahee and another RB, so he likely wont supercede 700 yards (I don't think any Denver RB will), but his blocking and pass catching will make him the most valuable back on the Broncos this year.

I see this but still think Walton will suck. Hope I am wrong!

Broncobiv
03-26-2012, 09:51 PM
DT was already making huge plays with tebow, hard to say he would be better under manning. decker, however, howed playing potential but fell out of favor when tebow stepped in.

This is how I see it. DT was great for the second half of last season, and while it is very likely he will shine even brighter with Peyton at QB, I believe that Decker will improve the MOST.

Punisher
03-26-2012, 10:01 PM
EVERYONE!
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/74BzSTQCl_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>