PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Saturday chose Packers because we didn't really want him

UberBroncoMan
03-25-2012, 12:44 PM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/the-daily-lard-3-25-12

OUCH

Manning REALLY wanted him, but it was a case of us not really showing that same commitment. So we're stuck with JD over a vet center who would have been HUGE for us and for Manning because we didn't show any true desire to sign him.

I get we may want to stick with the youth we have but in this situation signing Saturday would have been big. Damn shame to hear.

Smilin Assassin
03-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Translation: "The Packers came at me with straight cash, y0"

Spider
03-25-2012, 01:07 PM
And this years Drama Queen award goes to .............

UberBroncoMan
03-25-2012, 01:12 PM
And this years Drama Queen award goes to .............

Aliens?

Spider
03-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Aliens?

no ..... pretty much aimed at you

UberBroncoMan
03-25-2012, 01:16 PM
no ..... pretty much aimed at you

No way! ****, I'm so offended and hurt right now.

The post is still a valid topic. We chose to not go after a clear upgrade at center and someone Manning really wanted. What does this say about JD, etc, given how poorly he was ranked these last two years.

KipCorrington25
03-25-2012, 01:20 PM
He was also wishy washy on coming back or retiring and we don't need him at 80%.

ozomulsion
03-25-2012, 01:21 PM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/the-daily-lard-3-25-12

OUCH

Manning REALLY wanted him, but it was a case of us not really showing that same commitment

How do you know this?

UberBroncoMan
03-25-2012, 01:25 PM
How do you know this?

Read the article.

"I told him I don't think the Broncos wanted me as much as he did."

Also Saturday called up Manning to tell him his decision before anyone else.

MacGruder
03-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Maybe he's seen enough of Manning's BS to know to stay away.. lol

If so that would be appropriate.. Elway Fox and Manning seem to all deserve each other.. all likely are great at blaming other people for their own mistakes.

Or it could just be more follow promises of spending money from the broncos brain trust..

broncosteven
03-25-2012, 01:30 PM
I am over not getting Saturday, we saw what happens when you go after old C with Weigman. Hopefully Walton can get the job done in year 3.

broncosteven
03-25-2012, 01:31 PM

If so that would be appropriate.. Elway Fox and Manning seem to all deserve each other.. all likely are great at blaming other people for their own mistakes.

Or it could just be more follow promises of spending money from the broncos brain trust..

I thought you were on Jets boards telling Jet fans that their new backup QB is a freak of nature never envisaged before by the likes of lowly NFL fans?

R8R H8R
03-25-2012, 03:06 PM
It is apparent EFX made no promises to PM regarding Colts FA's. That actually is a good thing. Overpaying for old & possibly worn out players just to placate a prized FA catch is really the sign of a weak FO, when you think about it.

Case in point, I'd much rather have Dreessen and Tamme than a Dallas Clark that might be near the end.

JCMElway
03-25-2012, 03:16 PM
How's Kuper's rehab going?

rbackfactory80
03-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Awww his wittle feelings He's a man!!! He's a football player. Just play and shutup.

Isn't that what all you guys said about Tebow.

Bacchus
03-25-2012, 03:20 PM
You cannot blame him for going to play with the Packers. Did he even come to Denver for a visit?

DBroncos4life
03-25-2012, 03:34 PM
I wanted Saturday a lot but, man he got a much bigger contract then I was thinking he would get for his age. I hope we have a plan B that doesn't mean keeping our guy.

houghtam
03-25-2012, 03:37 PM
It is apparent EFX made no promises to PM regarding Colts FA's. That actually is a good thing. Overpaying for old & possibly worn out players just to placate a prized FA catch is really the sign of a weak FO, when you think about it.

Case in point, I'd much rather have Dreessen and Tamme than a Dallas Clark that might be near the end.

Two weeks ago the mantra was "Manning will bring all the FAs to Denver." Now it's "bah we didn't need them anyway, we're smarter than that."

Just interesting, is all.

UberBroncoMan
03-25-2012, 03:39 PM

It definitely does say a lot though. It's evidence that Manning doesn't have the power here that so many thought he would get. If he had the pull that was theorized Saturday would be a Bronco.

He wasn't overpaid though. It was a bargain actually given he was a top 5 center last year.

Jeff Saturday's two-year deal in Green Bay is worth $7.75 million, including $4 million this season.

MacGruder
03-25-2012, 03:49 PM
I thought you were on Jets boards telling Jet fans that their new backup QB is a freak of nature never envisaged before by the likes of lowly NFL fans?

Did you see anything like last season? The guy was being crucified and she still overcame it..

DBroncos4life
03-25-2012, 03:53 PM
We have signed more guys with Manning then we did with Tebow. ;D

CEH
03-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Did you see anything like last season? The guy was being crucified and she still overcame it..

You're right "she" will overcome

extralife
03-25-2012, 04:46 PM
I am over not getting Saturday, we saw what happens when you go after old C with Weigman.

...you get a pro bowl year out of them?

Ray Finkle
03-25-2012, 04:48 PM
All comes down to $$$$, the Packers offered more.

SoCalBronco
03-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Elway Fox and Manning seem to all deserve each other.. all likely are great at blaming other people for their own mistakes.

I don't think Manning always blames others for his own mistakes.

rbackfactory80
03-25-2012, 04:55 PM
I don't think Manning always blames others for his own mistakes.

Not always. But he sure doesn't mind speaking about protection issues.

Jay3
03-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Not always. But he sure doesn't mind speaking about protection issues.

Sometimes during the play.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DttfyOeU3vw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rbackfactory80
03-25-2012, 05:09 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DttfyOeU3vw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hahaha

Good find.

Agamemnon
03-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Two weeks ago the mantra was "Manning will bring all the FAs to Denver." Now it's "bah we didn't need them anyway, we're smarter than that."

I don't recall H8R being in that group.

Agamemnon
03-25-2012, 09:33 PM

Oh he's going to have fun with our line. Yes he is. Hilarious!

KevinJames
03-25-2012, 09:36 PM
JD Walton will be solid with Manning.

NFLBRONCO
03-25-2012, 10:07 PM
guaranteed money

UberBroncoMan
03-25-2012, 10:50 PM

I really hope the dude turns the corner. He was the second best Center in the draft be hind Pouncey (who is now a 2x All Pro). Would be nice to have another Nails.

R8R H8R
03-25-2012, 11:42 PM

No, we just don't need 36 yr old FA's, even if they are a Manning favorite. We've signed several FA's agents in the last few days, and the majority of them are in their mid to late 20's.

Manning does bring FA's to Denver, it just doesn't mean we want them all.

bendog
03-26-2012, 08:13 AM
Well, we know Elway talked about "balance" and running the ball when Peyton visited Dove Valley. And we saw what happens to a team that uses the run as an afterthought with an aging and injured quarterback. NE had no business in the suprebowl. They murdered a team that didn't have a qb who could read defenses and flat out lucked past Balt.

In 1996, something like 19 teams had more passing attempts than Denver. On his best day, Saturday couldn't carry Nails lunch box in the running game. Walton better be working his lower body strength, or we could be unhappy campers.

55CrushEm
03-26-2012, 08:28 AM
I hope we have a plan B that doesn't mean keeping our guy.

No. We don't have no stinking Plan B's. We don't NEED no stinking Plan B's.

TonyR
03-26-2012, 08:48 AM
All comes down to $$$$, the Packers offered more.

Yup, it's probably that simple. They probably "wanted" Saturday, but probably for 1 year at less money than GB was willing to do.

Beantown Bronco
03-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Sorry, Jeff. We like you. We just don't like you, like you.

DENVERDUI55
03-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Why wouldn't Saturday go to GB. More money and better shot at Super Bowl. Who can blame him?

BroncoBen
03-26-2012, 11:41 AM

Yeah... $7.75 million for 2 years, $4 million paid in 2012 is a pretty good payday.

Gort
03-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Yeah... $7.75 million for 2 years, $4 million paid in 2012 is a pretty good payday.

depends who you are... Peyton Manning won't even get of bed in the morning for a measly $7.75M.

TonyR
04-09-2012, 06:12 AM
If Legwold is correct here one wonders why the Broncos don't look at somebody like Dan Koppen or Jamaal Jackson.

...They also made a concerted effort to sign Manning's former center in Indianapolis, Jeff Saturday.

And if it were not for a far more lucrative offer from the Green Bay Packers, Saturday likely would have signed with the Broncos. But the Packers' financial package to go with MVP Aaron Rodgers at quarterback proved to be more of an attraction than reuniting with Manning.

Saturday said after he signed in Green Bay that he didn't believe the "Broncos wanted me as much as (Manning) did."

Read more: Broncos won't give up future picks just because they have Peyton Manning - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20352921/broncos-wont-give-up-future-picks-just-because#ixzz1rY4DULTZ
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Crushaholic
04-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Why would we want Saturday, when we play on Sunday? :wiggle:

BroncoBen
04-09-2012, 10:03 AM

:thumbsup: No Kidding.. Saturday felt that the team with the most 'love' offered the most cash.

Bacchus
04-09-2012, 10:58 AM
I like Denver's offensive line. They are very young. Let's keep them together and let them gell. I think they could be something special.

maher_tyler
04-09-2012, 11:08 AM
I am over not getting Saturday, we saw what happens when you go after old C with Weigman. Hopefully Walton can get the job done in year 3.

I thought that worked out pretty well actually...better than JD anyway.

bendog
04-09-2012, 12:09 PM
:thumbsup: No Kidding.. Saturday felt that the team with the most 'love' offered the most cash.

The Pack was desperate. There aren't a lot of vet FA Centers out there who can handle the kid of offensive line calls an offense like the Pack uses, and the draft this year is not at all deep. Chris Myers got paid

http://houston.sbnation.com/houston-texans/2012/3/16/2879149/texans-sign-center-chris-myers-to-a-4-year-25-million-contract

OBF1
04-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the Bronco's did not want me as much as you/I did Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hulamau
04-09-2012, 01:31 PM

Please .. at long last go jump off Pikes Peak and do us all a favor!

Taco John
04-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Saturday isn't like some amazing center. His claim to fame is that he works well with Peyton Manning, not that he necessarily provides the best inside blocking. He's not worth what the Packers paid him.

tesnyde
04-15-2012, 08:39 AM

They didn't always see eye to eye.
http://http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLUlrCH6gLQw&v=LUlrCH6gLQw&gl=US

theAPAOps5
04-15-2012, 09:03 AM

projecting? Wishing? Or all of the above?

theAPAOps5
04-15-2012, 09:07 AM

Manning will teach him to not get confused by a normal A gap blitz that should be pretty obvious?