PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Official: Tebow "not the sharpest tool in the woodshed"

Pages : [1] 2

Bacchus
03-25-2012, 01:42 PM
“I’ve talked to John Elway several times about him, I told him you got all these guys working with him but trust me, they’re on the wrong path,’’ the source, a former NFL coach, told The Post. “His biggest problem is he carries the ball too high, when he carries the ball high on the back shoulder he has a long release, which means when he cocks the ball and throws it that ball is moving a lot, which is not going to help his accuracy, it’s going to hurt it. Nobody’s corrected that in him.

“And he’s got a loose wrist, when he comes back with his wrist the ball is moving all over the place. You watch that ball, the nose is forward and then it’s sideways and then it’s up and it’s down, you can’t throw the ball that way. It’s correctable.’’

The awkward throwing motion is not the only issue with Tebow, who starred in college at Florida using his formidable athletic gifts and the superior talents of those around him.

“The guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed,’’ the source said. “He’s a great leader, 10 out of 10 as a leader, energy, work ethic, everything you want in a quarterback but he doesn’t see the field.

“It’s hard for him to go back and think a progression through: If this is the coverage go to this guy, if this is the coverage go to that guy. He doesn’t do that very well. That’s the difference with college football and pro football. It’s so much more sophisticated and he’s limited that way.’’

Used strictly for a handful of plays in the Wildcat offense, Tebow can excel — as long as the package of plays remains small and limited in scope.

“If you practice them all the time you can get good at ’em,’’ the source said. “Where you get the upper hand is the defense has played eight games and they haven’t seen the Wildcat yet. They’ve got to use a number of plays on their practice schedule that week to the Wildcat and they may see a lot of it and they may not see it at all. But this isn’t some offense that can’t be stopped.’’

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/ex_nfl_coach_backup_is_lost_aMtLWGmOpFUeiwacxJrb4K #ixzz1q9vWBhNy

Bacchus
03-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Does anyone else watch Tebow's news conferences and think he might be gay? He does seem to have some effeminate traits.

Anyway best of luck to Tebow and I believe he will be the starter for the Jets by season's end.

vancejohnson82
03-25-2012, 01:49 PM
wow...given those first two posts I am predicting that this thread ends up in the Horse's Butt before sundown

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 01:49 PM
I think he is plenty smart. I think maybe he is severely limited in his ability to read complex defenses and it's hurt his progress. But I think it's more of the system he excelled in while at Florida more than under the dome.

kappys
03-25-2012, 01:50 PM
I think the concern over throwing motion is a little too pronounced.

The guy can hit lasers 50 yards down the field and can make every throw - the problem is that he can't read defenses and hesitates too much which negates the potential for any timing routes. This is something he can improve on but it will take work and 1st team reps to start getting it right.

KO5K
Which former NFL coach has worked with Tebow who would be in communication with Elway?

bpc
I don't know many qb's that see the whole field during the first full year starting in the nfl. In fact our very own Peyton manning had something like 32 ints his rookie. Kids get better with better coaching and experience. Even the Tebow's of the world. Kyle Orton had a 46 comp % yet a qb GURU like McDaniels said he had the make up of a great qb when he traded for him. Despite all this he leads Denver to a division championship and playoff win over defending afc champs in first full season.

I hope Tebow ends someplace where the coaches see the obvious bright spots of his game and can work on the skills he never had developed in college.

peacepipe
03-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Does anyone else watch Tebow's news conferences and think he might be gay? He does seem to have some effeminate traits.

Anyway best of luck to Tebow and I believe he will be the starter for the Jets by season's end.

tebow rules,you crack me up. trying to bait people into a BS conversation is hilarious. shouldn't you be on a jets forum right now.

Rohirrim
03-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Weak bait.

oubronco
03-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Who cares he's the Jets problem now

DenverDynamite
03-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Tebow is a great athlete. However, I think that the more teams get film on the guy the more he will be exposed as sort of a one-trick-pony. We saw this near the end of last season as we went 1-4 down the stretch. I could be wrong, but I'll guess that Tim will struggle next season if he indeed is the starter in New York this year.

Mogulseeker
03-25-2012, 01:55 PM

Tebow has effeminate traits in his talking and mannerisms, but his behavior on the field resembles very masculine behavior.

I don't think he's gay.

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Which former NFL coach has worked with Tebow who would be in communication with Elway?

Gruden

Concrete cyanide

Mogulseeker
03-25-2012, 01:56 PM

Yes, the problem is he wants to play quarterback.

Eventually, Tebow will be the best fullback in the NFL.

Requiem
03-25-2012, 01:57 PM
I think you are gay with Tim Tebow or are indeed -- Tim Tebow.

Bacchus
03-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Tebow has effeminate traits in his talking and mannerisms, but his behavior on the field resembles very masculine behavior.

I don't think he's gay.

Ok, I was wondering if anyone else saw these traits as well as me. No big deal now that he is gone we can move forward.

MacGruder
03-25-2012, 02:06 PM
This just illustrates how Elway and company were trashing Tebow all season long.. and it's going to get even worse now that he is gone.

I think it is obvious Fox and Elway are trying to hide their own deficiencies and blaming them on Tebow.. and they want to ensure Tebow doesn't come back to haunt them. .. at least not anytime soon... The sooner he does the worse they look.

Drunk Monkey
03-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Who gives a ****. He is NY's issue now.

Drunk Monkey
03-25-2012, 02:09 PM
This just illustrates how Elway and company were trashing Tebow all season long.. and it's going to get even worse now that he is gone.

I think it is obvious Fox and Elway are trying to hide their own deficiencies and blaming them on Tebow.. and they want to ensure Tebow doesn't come back to haunt them. .. at least not anytime soon... The sooner he does the worse they look.

Dude, GTFO your boy toy is no longer part of this organization. Follow him to NY.

Spider
03-25-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't know many qb's that see the whole field during the first full year starting in the nfl. In fact our very own Peyton manning had something like 32 ints his rookie. Kids get better with better coaching and experience. Even the Tebow's of the world. Kyle Orton had a 46 comp % yet a qb GURU like McDaniels said he had the make up of a great qb when he traded for him. Despite all this he leads Denver to a division championship and playoff win over defending afc champs in first full season.

I hope Tebow ends someplace where the coaches see the obvious bright spots of his game and can work on the skills he never had developed in college.

first full season ............. wow ....... Load of bulshiat . you ****ers and your excuses

KipCorrington25
03-25-2012, 02:17 PM

I'm sure it was Ben McDaniels. ROFL!

Although prom is coming up I'm sure he's busy decorating the gym and organizing the chaperones.

SoCalBronco
So they couldn't say "he's a drunk" so they resort to "he's dumb"?

Have some class EFX. I know class is a foreign concept to you guys, but try and have a little. It's not the former QB's fault every time and he's not a bad guy every time. You gotta stop this character assasination ****. One of these times, someone's gonna have the balls to start leaking who you're sleeping with and what substances you have issues with so SHUT THE **** UP, already.

peacepipe
“I’ve talked to John Elway several times about him, I told him you got all these guys working with him but trust me, they’re on the wrong path,’’ the source, a former NFL coach, told The Post. “His biggest problem is he carries the ball too high, when he carries the ball high on the back shoulder he has a long release, which means when he cocks the ball and throws it that ball is moving a lot, which is not going to help his accuracy, it’s going to hurt it. Nobody’s corrected that in him.

“And he’s got a loose wrist, when he comes back with his wrist the ball is moving all over the place. You watch that ball, the nose is forward and then it’s sideways and then it’s up and it’s down, you can’t throw the ball that way. It’s correctable.’’

The awkward throwing motion is not the only issue with Tebow, who starred in college at Florida using his formidable athletic gifts and the superior talents of those around him.

“The guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed,’’ the source said. “He’s a great leader, 10 out of 10 as a leader, energy, work ethic, everything you want in a quarterback but he doesn’t see the field.

“It’s hard for him to go back and think a progression through: If this is the coverage go to this guy, if this is the coverage go to that guy. He doesn’t do that very well. That’s the difference with college football and pro football. It’s so much more sophisticated and he’s limited that way.’’

Used strictly for a handful of plays in the Wildcat offense, Tebow can excel — as long as the package of plays remains small and limited in scope.

“If you practice them all the time you can get good at ’em,’’ the source said. “Where you get the upper hand is the defense has played eight games and they haven’t seen the Wildcat yet. They’ve got to use a number of plays on their practice schedule that week to the Wildcat and they may see a lot of it and they may not see it at all. But this isn’t some offense that can’t be stopped.’’

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/ex_nfl_coach_backup_is_lost_aMtLWGmOpFUeiwacxJrb4K #ixzz1q9vWBhNy

:wiggle:god bless his heart.

Smilin Assassin
03-25-2012, 02:21 PM
So they couldn't say "he's a drunk" so they resort to "he's dumb"?

Have some class EFX. I know class is a foreign concept to you guys, but try and have a little. It's not the former QB's fault every time and he's not a bad guy every time. You gotta stop this character assasination ****. One of these times, someone's gonna have the balls to start leaking who you're sleeping with and what substances you have issues with so SHUT THE **** UP, already.

EFX's hands are clean in trading Tebow. Aquiring Manning does that.

There's no reason for me to believe this is anything but someone's opinion of Tim being used as a headline grabber.

I seriously doubt EFX have anything to do w/this article.

Hamrob
03-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Which former NFL coach has worked with Tebow who would be in communication with Elway?I'll tell you who I think it is. And, to me he's a slimey, low-life, no good, waste of a coach!

Who did Tebow get coaching from this offseason...and where did that take place??

He got coaching by a QB guru who coaches for the UCLA Bruins...and he practiced for a couple weeks at UCLA.

Who is the coach for UCLA? That slimey assed Mora Jr. The same guy who torched Tebow day in and day out when he was on the NFLN.

If you ask me, Mora Jr. is the source.....right after Tebow got help at UCLA....Denver launched on their crusade to sign Manning.

SoCalBronco
03-25-2012, 02:24 PM
EFX's hands are clean in trading Tebow. Aquiring Manning does that.

There's no reason for me to believe this is anything but someone's opinion of Tim being used as a headline grabber.

I seriously doubt EFX have anything to do w/this article.

Yeah...cause inflammatory stuff just keeps getting leaked coincidentally every single time there is an issue with a QB. It's a total coincidence...yeah, dude. Seriously, they need to get over it. He's gone, you got what you wanted, leave him the **** alone, already. It's moot now, there's no need to keep this crap up. Grow up, EFX.

Smilin Assassin
03-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah...cause inflammatory stuff just keeps getting leaked coincidentally every single time there is an issue with a QB. It's a total coincidence...yeah, dude. Seriously, they need to get over it. He's gone, you got what you wanted, leave him the **** alone, already. It's moot now, there's no need to keep this crap up. Grow up, EFX.

You're assuming it was ever really leaked to begin with. There will ALWAYS be Tebow haters. And, if a 'journalist' gets a chance to use one, they will. Today, tomorrow, and long after he retires.

MacGruder
03-25-2012, 02:31 PM
You're assuming it was ever really leaked to begin with. There will ALWAYS be Tebow haters. And, if a 'journalist' gets a chance to use one, they will. Today, tomorrow, and long after he retires.

If so we should hear the Broncos brass defending Tebow just like they did all season.. NOT..

Gutless Drunk
03-25-2012, 02:31 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/merril-hoge-kicks-tim-tebow-while-hes-down-he-has-no-clue/

"The more I studied him in an NFL setting, the more disturbed I was that he has no clue what he’s looking at,” Hoge said of Tebow. “His IQ as a football player is not very good. That is why they have to come down and make it some of a college-form system that he’s comfortable with in Florida. He can’t execute, from a cerebral aspect, a pro-style system.”

I think we can all agree that he is probably stupid and might be gay. Lets move on shall we?

bombay
03-25-2012, 02:34 PM
So,perhaps everyone can refrain from posting about Tebow. That would be great.

He's not a Bronco.

CEH
03-25-2012, 02:34 PM
So now something written by the New York Post is taken as gospel. In fact the former coach said Tebow is hopeless not Elway and Elway was wasting time trying to coach Tebow up.

If this was in the local paper I'd pay more attention to it

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 02:35 PM

Meh, Tebow had lots of input in where he went. Yet he sad he had none. Both sides are going to slant to their side. Besides who know who this source really is.

broncosteven
03-25-2012, 02:36 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/merril-hoge-kicks-tim-tebow-while-hes-down-he-has-no-clue/

"The more I studied him in an NFL setting, the more disturbed I was that he has no clue what he’s looking at,” Hoge said of Tebow. “His IQ as a football player is not very good. That is why they have to come down and make it some of a college-form system that he’s comfortable with in Florida. He can’t execute, from a cerebral aspect, a pro-style system.”

I think we can all agree that he is probably stupid and might be gay. Lets move on shall we?

I had the same feeling watching the 1st 55 minutes of most every Tebow start, he is either 3 years away from understanding the NFL game or is mentally challenged.

Despite his great work ethic he continued to have trouble reading D's and looked lost when his 1st option was covered.

I hope he does well in NY but glad he is not our problem anymore.

broncocalijohn
03-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Dude, GTFO your boy toy is no longer part of this organization. Follow him to NY.

Funny thing is that it wasnt Elway that said he wasnt the smartest guy but a NFL source. Tebow could be pretty smart but his followers are obviously dummy down him.

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 02:38 PM

He's not a Bronco.

Dude, we get Cutler threads still. Although few and far between with Tebow coming sand now going!

CEH
03-25-2012, 02:39 PM

So your hero is a national liar, your favorite QB lacks leadership ability and your favorite Broncos is a two time drunk driver. Sorry I may be wrong but pardon me for not really taking you opinion on morals too seriuously

Agamemnon
What a bunch of horse ****.

MacGruder
Meh, Tebow had lots of input in where he went. Yet he sad he had none. Both sides are going to slant to their side. Besides who know who this source really is.

Maybe Twbow said he had none because he know the Broncos intentionally were setting him up to fail with the choices they gave him. Jacksonville which he knew didn't want him and New York where he was also in a tough situation in their eyes. I think as usually Elway miscalculated though. This could be the best thing to happen to Tebow.

Smilin Assassin
03-25-2012, 02:41 PM
If so we should hear the Broncos brass defending Tebow just like they did all season.. NOT..

IDK if you're serious, but...

There's no way the Broncos FO should come out and defend every derogatory article that will come out about Tim. That would be exhausting. I seriously doubt they'll ever even catch wind of this one, anyways.

They've moved on. Hoping in time, the Mane can too.

SoCalBronco
03-25-2012, 02:43 PM
So your hero is a national liar, your favorite QB lacks leadership ability and your favorite Broncos is a two time drunk driver. Sorry I may be wrong but pardon me for not really taking you opinion on morals too seriuously

Yawn.

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Maybe Twbow said he had none because he know the Broncos intentionally were setting him up to fail with the choices they gave him. Jacksonville which he knew didn't want him and New York where he was also in a tough situation in their eyes. I think as usually Elway miscalculated though. This could be the best thing to happen to Tebow.

Pyramids..... Go make more stuff up about them.

R8R H8R
03-25-2012, 02:52 PM
I think he is plenty smart. I think maybe he is severely limited in his ability to read complex defenses and it's hurt his progress. But I think it's more of the system he excelled in while at Florida more than under the dome.

Agreed. He's dyslexic, so he doesn't learn in the same way others do. He has to have many reps to get it down, because classroom teaching has it's limitations to him.

To say Tebow is dumb is insensitive at best and downright mean spirited at worst. In fact, it is downright ignorant of Tebow and the disability.

ColoradoDarin
03-25-2012, 02:56 PM
So yeah, complete BS article. I saw Tim interviewed on the field set of the NFLN, he was breaking down play after play for them.

Sad that EFX is leaking this stuff, especially after all of Elway's comments over the last year.

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Agreed. He's dyslexic, so he doesn't learn in the same way others do. He has to have many reps to get it down, because classroom teaching has it's limitations to him.

To say Tebow is dumb is insensitive at best and downright mean spirited at worst. In fact, it is downright ignorant of Tebow and the disability.

You know I didn't know he was dyslexic. Makes it even harder

Agamemnon
03-25-2012, 03:01 PM
So yeah, complete BS article. I saw Tim interviewed on the field set of the NFLN, he was breaking down play after play for them.

Sad that EFX is leaking this stuff, especially after all of Elway's comments over the last year.

McD is actually on record saying that one of the main reasons he drafted Tebow was his football knowledge and smarts. Theoretical football knowledge and the ability to actually quickly diagnose coverages on the field are two very different things. The latter is something most young QB's from spread offenses struggle with. Really don't understand why people don't get that.

Broncos4tw
03-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Tim may be bright enough in front of a camera, but I think his mindset is different when he actually plays. He missed wide open receivers repeatedly. Just never saw them. He was awful reading defenses. I'd be surprised if he called a single audible. I don't think he ever will.

Imo.. great athlete with solid work ethic, wonderful attitude, tough and gritty. But below average accuracy, unable to read defense, big problems with short to intermediate passes. Run first mentality. I don't think his accuracy will ever be much over 50%. That doesn't get it done.

R8R H8R
03-25-2012, 03:06 PM

It is not a coach that has worked with him, that is why he is saying "they" all have it wrong in the way they are working with him.

I say it is Brian Billick, the guy that is world renowned as an QB guru extrordinare...oh wait!...

It just amazes me that the guys that couldn't develop a QB from scratch to save their life, seem to be Tebow's loudest ctritics.

cmhargrove
03-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Man, some people are just horrible people I guess.

Tebow helped turn our team around, he brought us fire, elevated the team, got us to the playoffs, and beat the Steelers. He's a ****ing hero and no one can take away the magic season that was the 2011 Denver Broncos.

Are we going to turn on that and forget how special last year actually was? It's just sad. We may have just moved on to something better, but I will always be proud of Tebow and what he did for our team.

KipCorrington25
03-25-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm surprised he's not so bright I mean McCheat went down to Gainseville and broke down film with him for 8 hours and he was spot on and... oh yeah wait now I get it, it was McCheat, that explains it.

R8R H8R
03-25-2012, 03:13 PM
You know I didn't know he was dyslexic. Makes it even harder

Yes, I understand that he talked about it in his autobiography, and he'll acknowledge it when asked, but it is not something he'll use as an excuse for why he may not appear to "be getting it" when he doesn't look like Tom Brady or PM on the field in just 14 starts as a pro.

Jay3
03-25-2012, 03:21 PM
It's funny how the standard for Tebow keeps moving and getting finer and finer, splitting hairs all the way down to microscopic.

No more "doesn't have the arm." Everybody claims now that they always said he had the arm.

No more "can't take a snap from center."

Now it's "makes the job of reading NFL defense look hard." Well guess what? It is. Tebow has a personality that won't let him "fake it." He doesn't get back there and think "I'm going to get rid of this. If I see X, I'm just going to throw Y." He's such a people pleaser he tries to go back there and make sense of what he's seeing.

The way to coach him is to be sort of Pavlovian. Tell him exactly what you want him to do if he doesn't see X -- create a checkdown every time, and tell him to get it there.

Give him more audibles -- tell him you want him in a play he's comfortable with every time.

It's a tough job. He obviously has tremendous talent.

Why does somebody like Colin Kaepernick just get left alone to figure out the job?

Rohirrim
03-25-2012, 03:34 PM
For those who don't know, the New York Post is a notorious trouble maker and practices tabloid journalism at its worst. Two other stories they're pushing today, "Jets players don't want Tebow" and "Tebow cares more about Jesus than Super Bowls." http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/tebow_body_of_christ_VZcbDLIA5zeZHOo6i90J8H

I wouldn't pay attention to anything they say. But Tebow better get used to it.

BTW, this "former NFL coach" could be an assistant QB coach who hasn't worked in the league in ten years, and now drives a taxi in Trenton, NJ. ;D

Bacchus
03-25-2012, 03:35 PM

Tebow helped turn our team around, he brought us fire, elevated the team, got us to the playoffs, and beat the Steelers. He's a ****ing hero and no one can take away the magic season that was the 2011 Denver Broncos.

Are we going to turn on that and forget how special last year actually was? It's just sad. We may have just moved on to something better, but I will always be proud of Tebow and what he did for our team.

One thing is for sure, if Tebow did not have the success he had last year and Denver went 4-12 there would have been ZERO chance they land Manning this offseason. Every Broncos' fan can thank him for Denver signing Manning.

peacepipe
03-25-2012, 03:36 PM
One thing is for sure, if Tebow did not have the success he had last year and Denver went 4-12 there would have been ZERO chance they land Manning this offseason. Every Broncos' fan can thank him for Denver signing Manning.

probably because we'd be on our way to drafting luck.

bombay
03-25-2012, 03:37 PM
For those who don't know, the New York Post is a notorious trouble maker and practices tabloid journalism at its worst. Two other stories they're pushing today, "Jets players don't want Tebow" and "Tebow cares more about Jesus than Super Bowls." http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/tebow_body_of_christ_VZcbDLIA5zeZHOo6i90J8H

I wouldn't pay attention to anything they say. But Tebow better get used to it.

I think it will become apparent that Tebow was treated very fairly in Denver.

peacepipe
03-25-2012, 03:38 PM

I wouldn't pay attention to anything they say. But Tebow better get used to it.considering it's owned by rubert murdoch.

BabyTO
03-25-2012, 03:44 PM
wow, a young QB who struggles with complex defenses. this has never been seen in the nfl. oh and college football is different from the pro level? whoever said these things, that guy is a genius! Ha!

john elway figured defenses out day 1 when he entered the NFL. thats why he averaged a 70 QB rating his first 10 years in the league :clown:

strafen
03-25-2012, 03:56 PM

And a rumor on the internet has officially started.
Yeah, I've always wondered if he was gay... :oyvey:

outdoor_miner
03-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Can the OP please fix the title? Where in the world does it say in the article that a "Broncos Official" said this? All is says is that a former HC told Elway that. Jeez.

broncosteven
03-25-2012, 04:18 PM

I think the fact that Tebow wanted to go to the Jets spurning Florida so he could find a house near Sanchez's answers your question.

I wonder if the 1st Tim gets Mark alone in the shower he will go all Sandusky on his azz!

DENVERDUI55
03-25-2012, 04:32 PM

Said correctly sir.

Bacchus
03-25-2012, 04:32 PM
wow, a young QB who struggles with complex defenses. this has never been seen in the nfl. oh and college football is different from the pro level? whoever said these things, that guy is a genius! Ha!

john elway figured defenses out day 1 when he entered the NFL. thats why he averaged a 70 QB rating his first 10 years in the league :clown:

There is a difference between struggling against complex defenses and simply nopt being able to throw the ball. Which, is what Tebow's critics say he can't do. You can't really learn to be a better thrower. If you can't make the throws at 24 you are noit going ot be able to make them at 27. Tebow will get better but he will never be an accurate passer. He just needs to find a system that fits him and utilizes what he does best.

You cannot compare a QBs rating in 1983-84 to that of today. It is a differetn game. Lester Hayes was still playing in 1983!

Bacchus
03-25-2012, 04:33 PM
I think the fact that Tebow wanted to go to the Jets spurning Florida so he could find a house near Sanchez's answers your question.

I wonder if the 1st Tim gets Mark alone in the shower he will go all Sandusky on his azz!

A Dirty Sanchez maybe?

DomCasual
03-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Elway had trouble reading defenses, on and off, for his first five years in the NFL.

And that doesn't exactly make him a member of any exclusive club.

Tebow is no Elway, obviously. But saying he has trouble reading defenses right now is not really a revelation.

Broncos_OTM
03-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Can we out some dirt on tebow, I know i don't have to read the posts but. Let it go. I'm happy tebow brought us a playoff victory this year, I'm a bronco fan. Im just over the qb drama

bpc
03-25-2012, 05:09 PM
There is a difference between struggling against complex defenses and simply nopt being able to throw the ball. Which, is what Tebow's critics say he can't do. You can't really learn to be a better thrower. If you can't make the throws at 24 you are noit going ot be able to make them at 27. Tebow will get better but he will never be an accurate passer. He just needs to find a system that fits him and utilizes what he does best.

You cannot compare a QBs rating in 1983-84 to that of today. It is a differetn game. Lester Hayes was still playing in 1983!

Eh? Several of the quotes in that article say he could have been coached better and some of his throwing functions could be corrected.

Jake Plummer had a 53% completion percentage his first full year starting. I find it funny that some of the biggest Tebow critics are ardent Plummer supporters and they often use Tebow's completion percentage as why he will never make it as a passer. LMAO at hypocrites.

Circle Orange
03-25-2012, 05:11 PM
wow...given those first two posts I am predicting that this thread ends up in the Horse's Butt before sundown

LOL! In all probability.

But I'm curious, does anyone see all this "leadership and charisma" that we're constantly being told about? I just see a nice guy that's pleasant. Pretty much it. Add to this that some bronco ex teammates are now taking shots, which would seem to belie all this leadership the media keeps harping on.

yerner
03-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Nothing I didn't know already.

broncosteven
03-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Elway had trouble reading defenses, on and off, for his first five years in the NFL.

And that doesn't exactly make him a member of any exclusive club.

Tebow is no Elway, obviously. But saying he has trouble reading defenses right now is not really a revelation.

Elway might have had trouble but he wasn't limited to one route.

cutthemdown
03-25-2012, 05:22 PM
So Tebow went from someone we loved to he's stupid and might be gay? All that is left is for Spider to drive to NY and punch the kid in the throat.

baja
03-25-2012, 05:23 PM
So what if he were gay.

jutang
03-25-2012, 05:24 PM
I am always surprised how little patience everyone has regarding Tebow's development. I'll always root for Tebow because of what he gave to the Broncos last year as long as it isn't beating us.

I understand why Elway has his doubts about Tebow. Elway knows QBs so I will always defer to his judgement, but he doubted Brees' ability because of his height.

winstoncup bronco
03-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Eh? Several of the quotes in that article say he could have been coached better and some of his throwing functions could be corrected.
Jake Plummer had a 53% completion percentage his first full year starting. I find it funny that some of the biggest Tebow critics are ardent Plummer supporters and they often use Tebow's completion percentage as why he will never make it as a passer. LMAO at hypocrites.

Yeah, good coaching made Plummer a pretty effective QB in Denver, why wouldn't good coaching do the same for Tebow?

Funny thing is, the two most reviled QB's in the history of this board are Plummer and Tebow, and they just happen to be the only QB's to win playoff games in Denver since 1998.

Jay3
03-25-2012, 05:46 PM
LOL! In all probability.

But I'm curious, does anyone see all this "leadership and charisma" that we're constantly being told about? I just see a nice guy that's pleasant. Pretty much it. Add to this that some bronco ex teammates are now taking shots, which would seem to belie all this leadership the media keeps harping on.

His leadership comes from being a larger than life figure -- guys just play harder because it seems like things matter more with Tebow. Everything -- the microscope, the fishbowl they're in and under makes them subconsciously go all out. Nobody wants to be the one holding Tebow back.

And it's just always been the case that the stakes seem higher when it's Tebow -- the haters, the fans, the drama, the coaches, the pundits.

It subconsciously hypes everybody up for unexplainable reasons.

I thought Pouncey once summed up Tebow's leadership better than anybody, and he did unintentionally. He said this on a talk show in college -- (paraphrasing), "Yeah, I like Tim. He's a leader. I know he's a leader because he tries to make a joke, and you laugh even if it's not funny, because it's Tim Tebow."

Tebow makes you feel like the whole world is watching your effort level.

baja
03-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Yeah, good coaching made Plummer a pretty effective QB in Denver, why wouldn't good coaching do the same for Tebow?

Funny thing is, the two most reviled QB's in the history of this board are Plummer and Tebow, and they just happen to be the only QB's to win playoff games in Denver since 1998.

first you got to get a good coach

DENVERDUI55
03-25-2012, 07:12 PM

Elway may of struggled but you could see his growth. Tebow hasn't improved much. I pointed out before his cons coming out of HS were mechanics and accuracy. Coming out of Florida going through progressions, mechanics and accuracy. Guess what he still needs to work on all that.

mhgaffney
03-25-2012, 07:21 PM

But Tebow's rookie stats are better than Elway's.

So you are talking out of ....yep...you guessed it.

Jetmeck
03-25-2012, 07:28 PM

Only a bunch of freakin losers would have anything bad to say about the guy.

broncosteven
03-25-2012, 07:33 PM
But Tebow's rookie stats are better than Elway's.

So you are talking out of ....yep...you guessed it.

Tebow had over 1600 yards in his rookie year?

Dr. Broncenstein
03-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Only a bunch of freakin losers would have anything bad to say about the guy.

Lol this

Cito Pelon
03-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Can the OP please fix the title? Where in the world does it say in the article that a "Broncos Official" said this? All is says is that a former HC told Elway that. Jeez.

Yeah, no kidding.

spdirty
03-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Man I'm glad the circus is leaving. Tired of the endless mindnumbing
"Tebow is dumb"
"Tebow is gay"
"Tebow's throwing motion is all screwed up"
"Elway hates Tebow"
"Tebow is better than Elway"
"Elway is jealous of Tebow"
"Tebow is dating slut X"
"Is Tebow really a virgin?"
"Tebow can't read defenses"
"Tebow is a winner"
"Tebow loves Jesus"
"Tebow IS Jesus"
"Tebow's poop was a different shade of brown today than it normally is"
"Tebow wears spiderman underwear"

Ugh, my Tebow fatigue was about to lead me bat**** crazy. It wasn't Tebow either. If Tebow were just a football player I'd have no problem keeping him here. But it was all the Tebow talk. Thank God we can just start talking about football now.

oubronco
03-25-2012, 07:45 PM
They haven't left yet

spdirty
03-25-2012, 07:48 PM
They haven't left yet

They will if we can ever again manage to win a game without The Tebow.

baja
03-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Man I'm glad the circus is leaving. Tired of the endless mindnumbing
"Tebow is dumb"
"Tebow is gay"
"Tebow's throwing motion is all screwed up"
"Elway hates Tebow"
"Tebow is better than Elway"
"Elway is jealous of Tebow"
"Tebow is dating slut X"
"Is Tebow really a virgin?"
"Tebow can't read defenses"
"Tebow is a winner"
"Tebow loves Jesus"
"Tebow IS Jesus"
"Tebow's poop was a different shade of brown today than it normally is"
"Tebow wears spiderman underwear"

Ugh, my Tebow fatigue was about to lead me bat**** crazy. It wasn't Tebow either. If Tebow were just a football player I'd have no problem keeping him here. But it was all the Tebow talk. Thank God we can just start talking about football now.

Ha you really think things will be different around here just because Tebow left? Were you here for Griese? Plummer? Cutler? Orton? Bubby?

barryr
03-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Yes, glad we can talk about football. Of course that is between more and more threads about Tebow being terrible, dumb, and worrying if he is gay. Wonderful to see character assassination alive and well in Denver with QB's.

Requiem
03-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Well, Timothy also believes that man walked with dinosaurs. So, yeah, he is not so smart.

footstepsfrom#27
03-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Tebow's problems are all fixable by real NFL coaching, something he didn't get much of here. Unfortunately, coaching can only go so far, and last I looked it can't fix being 36 and having two serious neck surgeries on your medical resume.

spdirty
03-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Ha you really think things will be different around here just because Tebow left? Were you here for Griese? Plummer? Cutler? Orton? Bubby?

Wish this forum were here in 1996-1999. Would be interesting to see how it would handle a football team coming together and winning championships.

Sure, we live in extremely interesting times right now relating to the Broncos, but those years, especially the 1998 year where nearly every game was decided before halftime, and there was not much drama, wouldve been fun. Hopefully Manning will bring that type of environment back to the team.

Cito Pelon
03-25-2012, 08:28 PM

Please. Elway focused on one guy and waited until he got open, then would rifle the ball in there. Tom Jackson was on the team way back then and he said the same thing when he was a player on the team.

Elway was a scattershot guy in his early years, what got them to the playoffs was the DEFENSE, running game, and solid ST's. The knock on Elway was he couldn't throw a touch pass for sh*t, and it was true.

1984: 2nd points allowed, 2076 rushing yds and 12 TD's. Elway 22 TD's, 17 INT's, 57 sacks by the D, 31 INT's.
1985: 13th pts allowed, but the rushing attack was 1851 yds and 20 TD's, Elway was 23 TD's, 23 INT's. D had 47 sacks and 24 INT's
1986: 15th pts allowed, 1678 rushing yds, 17 TD's, Elway 22 TD's, 16 INT's. 2 punt return TD's, 48 sacks, 18 INT's.
1987: 7th points allowed, rushing attack was 1970 yds, 18 TD's. Elway was 19 TD's, 12 INT's. Defense was 31 sacks, 28 INT's.
1989: 1st in points allowed, rushing attack 2092 yds, 15 TD's. Elway 18 TD's, 18 INT's. Defense was 46 sacks, 21 INT's.
1991: 3rd points allowed. 2015 yds rushing, 16 TD's. Elway 13 TD's, 12 INT's. Defense was 52 sacks and 23 INT's.

People forget Elway didn't get where he is all on his own. I think Elway forgets that.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-25-2012, 08:59 PM
I had the same feeling watching the 1st 55 minutes of most every Tebow start, he is either 3 years away from understanding the NFL game or is mentally challenged.

Despite his great work ethic he continued to have trouble reading D's and looked lost when his 1st option was covered.

I hope he does well in NY but glad he is not our problem anymore.

+1

bpc
03-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Elway may of struggled but you could see his growth. Tebow hasn't improved much. I pointed out before his cons coming out of HS were mechanics and accuracy. Coming out of Florida going through progressions, mechanics and accuracy. Guess what he still needs to work on all that.

I don't know of many QB's that would improve tremendously with their head coach/offensive coordinator getting fired with four games to go in their rookie season, the HB coach taking over as the interim coach, the team throwing you in the mix to generate any sort of buzz to sell tickets, the season ending, picking a new coach, going into a lockout which wipes out the whole offseason conditioning program and minicamps and rolling into summer training camp late. For a guy that had as far to go as Tebow did, what part of this actually helped him or gave him time to develop?

Yet the dude came in at 1-4 being thrown to the wolves and the guy came out of it like a gladiator leading us to a division championship, and ultimately a playoff win over the defending AFC champions. Yes, no improvement at all. We shouldn't be talking about how far the kid has to go, but how far he can take a team if he finds somebody willing to go there with him.

broncosteven
03-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Please. Elway focused on one guy and waited until he got open, then would rifle the ball in there. Tom Jackson was on the team way back then and he said the same thing when he was a player on the team.

Elway was a scattershot guy in his early years, what got them to the playoffs was the DEFENSE, running game, and solid ST's. The knock on Elway was he couldn't throw a touch pass for sh*t, and it was true.

1984: 2nd points allowed, 2076 rushing yds and 12 TD's. Elway 22 TD's, 17 INT's, 57 sacks by the D, 31 INT's.
1985: 13th pts allowed, but the rushing attack was 1851 yds and 20 TD's, Elway was 23 TD's, 23 INT's. D had 47 sacks and 24 INT's
1986: 15th pts allowed, 1678 rushing yds, 17 TD's, Elway 22 TD's, 16 INT's. 2 punt return TD's, 48 sacks, 18 INT's.
1987: 7th points allowed, rushing attack was 1970 yds, 18 TD's. Elway was 19 TD's, 12 INT's. Defense was 31 sacks, 28 INT's.
1989: 1st in points allowed, rushing attack 2092 yds, 15 TD's. Elway 18 TD's, 18 INT's. Defense was 46 sacks, 21 INT's.
1991: 3rd points allowed. 2015 yds rushing, 16 TD's. Elway 13 TD's, 12 INT's. Defense was 52 sacks and 23 INT's.

People forget Elway didn't get where he is all on his own. I think Elway forgets that.

I guess I remember the dude who would throw to receivers across the field away from where the play was designed more than the guy who lined up under guard.

DENVERDUI55
03-25-2012, 09:08 PM
I don't know of many QB's that would improve tremendously with their head coach/offensive coordinator getting fired with four games to go in their rookie season, the HB coach taking over as the interim coach, the team throwing you in the mix to generate any sort of buzz to sell tickets, the season ending, picking a new coach, going into a lockout which wipes out the whole offseason conditioning program and minicamps and rolling into summer training camp late. For a guy that had as far to go as Tebow did, what part of this actually helped him or gave him time to develop?

Yet the dude came in at 1-4 being thrown to the wolves and the guy came out of it like a gladiator leading us to a division championship, and ultimately a playoff win over the defending AFC champions. Yes, no improvement at all. We shouldn't be talking about how far the kid has to go, but how far he can take a team if he finds somebody willing to go there with him.

Well I have seen black hit on roulette 15 times in a row. That is what Tebow was last year. Sure he won 6 games in a row but the trend was catching up. You have to be able to throw in this league and it is something he is woefully bad at. We can't win it all with this guy and John knows it and made a great business move. Sorry with playoffs on the line and Defense holds to 7 pts you have to win that game 10 out of 10 times. 60 passing yards isn't cutting it. Lucky for us Rivers fumbled a kneel down then laid a drubbing on the Raiders so we could back in.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-25-2012, 09:10 PM
So what if he were gay.

I wouldn't care that he is gay but it would be very hypocritical toward his ultra-god squad image. I would have to think some of his fan base would erode, particularly in the south. Then again...

The Moops
03-25-2012, 09:14 PM
First of all, if this former coach is so smart why is he a former coach?
Second, if your going to make disparaging remarks about someone be a man and don't say it anonymously.
Third, if Tebow isn't the sharpest tool in the shed this guy sure sounds like he's the biggest!

Missouribronc
03-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Tebow's problems are all fixable by real NFL coaching, something he didn't get much of here. Unfortunately, coaching can only go so far, and last I looked it can't fix being 36 and having two serious neck surgeries on your medical resume.

Which is why he sought the same offseason coach that he did during the lockout...

It's lazy to blame coaching for his pathetic play.

Willynowei
03-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Tebow's always struck me as being a little slow upstairs.

wandlc
03-25-2012, 09:51 PM

Finally someone points this out about Elway. I had a high school teammate play WR for the Broncos with Elway. When I went to the games in person I watched many receivers running wide open that Elway couldn't see because he couldn't read a defense. Elway really didn't start getting better at reading defenses until Shanahan coached him.

Bacchus
03-25-2012, 09:52 PM
So Tebow went from someone we loved to he's stupid and might be gay? All that is left is for Spider to drive to NY and punch the kid in the throat.

The stupid part was from an unidentified source. The gay part was merly a question and what people thought. I wouldn't think any less of Tebow if he was gay.

Durango
03-25-2012, 09:56 PM

Yeah, no kidding. They didn't completely re-vamp the offense to suit him or anything.

baja
03-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Tebow's always struck me as being a little slow upstairs.

He's football smart according to the knowledgable but flawed Josh McDaniels

Cito Pelon
03-25-2012, 09:57 PM
First of all, if this former coach is so smart why is he a former coach?
Second, if your going to make disparaging remarks about someone be a man and don't say it anonymously.
Third, if Tebow isn't the sharpest tool in the shed this guy sure sounds like he's the biggest!

Yup.

Bacchus
03-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Well, Timothy also believes that man walked with dinosaurs. So, yeah, he is not so smart.

For the longest time religious people believed dinosaurs did not exist because there is no mention of them in the bible.

bpc
03-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Well I have seen black hit on roulette 15 times in a row. That is what Tebow was last year. Sure he won 6 games in a row but the trend was catching up. You have to be able to throw in this league and it is something he is woefully bad at. We can't win it all with this guy and John knows it and made a great business move. Sorry with playoffs on the line and Defense holds to 7 pts you have to win that game 10 out of 10 times. 60 passing yards isn't cutting it. Lucky for us Rivers fumbled a kneel down then laid a drubbing on the Raiders so we could back in.

Hmmm. No retort. I find it funny that you cast it all as luck but when was the last time we beat all three divisions Members on the road? How did top ten draft picks at the qb position, Palmer, Rivers, and Sanchez not make the plays to win the game that Tebow did? After all, they are better right?

I'm pretty sure whatever is thrown your way will just end up deflecting. Doubt you will allow anything past that thick skull of yours.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-25-2012, 10:04 PM
You want tebow to fail? Here's the recipe. Put him under center, then make him pass. Fox could've just chose this type of play the entire time. Kinda like the lions game. Instead they threw that playbook away after that disaster. Setting him up to fail? Give me a break.

Bacchus
03-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Hmmm. No retort. I find it funny that you cast it all as luck but when was the last time we beat all three divisions Members on the road? How did top ten draft picks at the qb position, Palmer, Rivers, and Sanchez not make the plays to win the game that Tebow did? After all, they are better right?

I'm pretty sure whatever is thrown your way will just end up deflecting. Doubt you will allow anything past that thick skull of yours.

LMAO.... Denver also lost to all three division rivals at home.... you left that part out.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-25-2012, 10:40 PM
I dont feel like looking through 5 pages, but I've said many times I never got the impression Tim was all that bright. Good competitor, good football player, but he seems like a simple dolt. I don't know if that has much to do with reading NFL coverage, perhaps it does, but he's not all that well spoken.

BroncoBeavis
03-25-2012, 10:48 PM
I dont feel like looking through 5 pages, but I've said many times I never got the impression Tim was all that bright. Good competitor, good football player, but he seems like a simple dolt. I don't know if that has much to do with reading NFL coverage, perhaps it does, but he's not all that well spoken.

It's amazing how different things sound when people worry more about connecting with others rather than impressing them.

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 10:51 PM
LMAO.... Denver also lost to all three division rivals at home.... you left that part out.

Well Tebow didn't play vs. the Raiders and didn't come in until halfway through the San Diego game.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-25-2012, 10:58 PM
It's amazing how different things sound when people worry more about connecting with others rather than impressing them.

No, i just don't think he's well spoken. He seems like a happy-go-lucky kid, but he's never been all that eloquent and never has given me in the impression that he's bright. He's not the dumbest guy in the room, but I wouldn't ask to cheat off his test either.

DENVERDUI55
03-25-2012, 11:14 PM

Yes a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. You would have to be completely ignorant to not admit that it took a ton of breaks to go along with the few plays made to make the playoffs. Oh yeah we were 4 plays from another 4 and 12 season. Time will show the tebow mania is a joke. Hard to play qb in the league successfully only looking at half the field and struggling to read coverages. We know about his accuracy and bad mechanics.

BroncoBeavis
03-25-2012, 11:24 PM
No, i just don't think he's well spoken. He seems like a happy-go-lucky kid, but he's never been all that eloquent and never has given me in the impression that he's bright. He's not the dumbest guy in the room, but I wouldn't ask to cheat off his test either.

I don't think you understand that there's a method to Tim's madness. Simple language is a way to disarm people in conversation and it gets people to let their guard down. Tim's actually a very gifted communicator to anyone who understands all the facets of interpersonal communication.

BroncoBeavis
03-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Yes a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. You would have to be completely ignorant to not admit that it took a ton of breaks to go along with the few plays made to make the playoffs. Oh yeah we were 4 plays from another 4 and 12 season. Time will show the tebow mania is a joke. Hard to play qb in the league <s>successfully only looking at half the field and struggling to read coverages. We know about his accuracy and bad mechanics.</s> without much experience

FIFY. See... simple language. :)

bpc
03-25-2012, 11:56 PM

Which one's did Tebow start?

I'm starting to understand you just aren't very bright.

bpc
03-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Yes a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. You would have to be completely ignorant to not admit that it took a ton of breaks to go along with the few plays made to make the playoffs. Oh yeah we were 4 plays from another 4 and 12 season. Time will show the tebow mania is a joke. Hard to play qb in the league successfully only looking at half the field and struggling to read coverages. We know about his accuracy and bad mechanics.

I'd say you make perfect sense, only you don't and hardly even try to.

Cito Pelon
03-26-2012, 12:02 AM

Well, we'll see if he can make anything out of the Jets backup job.

DENVERDUI55
03-26-2012, 12:11 AM
I'd say you make perfect sense, only you don't and hardly even try to.

That's all you got? Are you saying we didn't get a bunch of breaks to make the playoffs?

Bacchus
03-26-2012, 12:19 AM

He only got a 16 on his Wonderlink score.

Bacchus
03-26-2012, 12:20 AM
Well, we'll see if he can make anything out of the Jets backup job.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0323/ny_tebow1_200.jpg

I do not think he'll be #2 for long. Sanchez will fold up to the pressure about as quick as Orton did.

Cito Pelon
03-26-2012, 12:27 AM
I was about to log out and I noticed that Amsoil advertisement. That's the premium synthetic.

ZONA
03-26-2012, 01:15 AM
I think the concern over throwing motion is a little too pronounced.

The guy can hit lasers 50 yards down the field and can make every throw - the problem is that he can't read defenses and hesitates too much which negates the potential for any timing routes. This is something he can improve on but it will take work and 1st team reps to start getting it right.

I would agree not so much in the motion but I do think the footwork is where he can improve the fastest. When his feet are set and good, the throws are pretty accurate, although mostly not a tight spiral. Which I find hard to understand how some dudes at this level can't throw a consistent spiral. I remember by 8th grade my buddies and I could easily throw spirals every time. That to me always seemed like it was a hand placement on the laces and release.

Oh well, not a Bronco anymore so I'm over it. Can't even really wish the guy good luck because I don't wish any non Bronco player luck. I wish them all bad luck actually, at least when the play Denver, lol.

broncocalijohn
03-26-2012, 01:26 AM
So what if he were gay.

Then you would have a lova.

baja
03-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Then you would have a lova.

I like more curveious men, I think they are called women.

Jay3
03-26-2012, 05:23 AM
He only got a 16 on his Wonderlink score.

Meck77
03-26-2012, 08:13 AM
You want tebow to fail? Here's the recipe. Put him under center, then make him pass.

Either that or put him in a room full of drunken college girls.

NYBronc
03-26-2012, 08:44 AM
If anyone cares, Tebow is having a press conference today and they had to move it to the practice field to fit all the media coming. What's strange is Tannenbaum, Rex, and Woody Johnson will NOT be there. Ha ha You can hear it here.

http://player.radio.com/player/RadioPlayer.php?version=1.1.10137&station=62

oubronco
03-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Either that or put him in a room full of drunken college girls.

OH!! LOL

oubronco
03-26-2012, 08:47 AM
If anyone cares, Tebow is having a press conference today and they had to move it to the practice field to fit all the media coming. What's strange is Tannenbaum, Rex, and Woody Johnson will NOT be there. Ha ha You can hear it here.

http://player.radio.com/player/RadioPlayer.php?version=1.1.10137&station=62

Nobody loves the Sancheez

lostknight
03-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Let the Dove Valley assassination games continue. Remember when Dove Valley decided to prep the way for trading Cutler by leaking that he was a drunk?

jhns
03-26-2012, 09:07 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mQvteoFiMlg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TotallyScrewed
03-26-2012, 09:08 AM
More of the "some source" says...

Why can't these people put their name out there, if they're not on the same team as Tebow?

Add in the "he holds the ball too high". I've never actually heard a critic say this before and I've not noticed anything that would justify the statement. Worse is holding the ball too low.

No credit for this crapola.

Captain 'Dre
03-26-2012, 09:25 AM

Oddly, it isn't unusual for Christian men who are straight to be suspected of being gay. One factor is the length of time a man maintains eye contact. Gay men and Christian men keep eye contact longer than other men do, as a rule.

Another factor: Any man who is not at all homophobic is sometimes suspected of being gay because he's less likely to recoil at vibes that more homophobic men will, by degree, recoil from more strongly.

Yet another factor: straight men who are celibate are not infrequently suspected of being gay because so many straight men just plain absolutely cannot fathom celibacy.

So I understand why some might suspect Tebow is gay... although personally, I doubt he is.

Meck77
03-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Gay men and Christian men keep eye contact longer than other men do, as a rule.

Can you provide a link to that one?

As far as generalizations go though Tebow fits all the stereo types of being gay you have to admit that.

bendog
03-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Oddly, it isn't unusual for Christian men who are straight to be suspected of being gay. One factor is the length of time a man maintains eye contact. Gay men and Christian men keep eye contact longer than other men do, as a rule.

Another factor: Any man who is not at all homophobic is sometimes suspected of being gay because he's less likely to recoil at vibes that more homophobic men will, by degree, recoil from more strongly.

Yet another factor: straight men who are celibate are not infrequently suspected of being gay because so many straight men just plain absolutely cannot fathom celibacy.

So I understand why some might suspect Tebow is gay... although personally, I doubt he is.

I don't care what floats Teebs boat, and just wish him the best, BUT DMAN THIS POST CREEPS ME OUT!

;D

baja
03-26-2012, 09:34 AM

I don't know there is this Jehovah's Witness that gives me the the glaring stink eye every time he sees me.

baja
03-26-2012, 09:35 AM
I don't care what floats Teebs boat, and just wish him the best, BUT DMAN THIS POST CREEPS ME OUT!

;D

People from the South seem to become uncomfortable with prolonged eye contact.

peacepipe
03-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Let the Dove Valley assassination games continue. Remember when Dove Valley decided to prep the way for trading Cutler by leaking that he was a drunk?

no.

bendog
03-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Hey, it worked for Unitas, Namath, Stabler, Bradshaw, Jergusen and the Duke, and rumor has it Montana did enough blow to fund a narco-state ....

Meck77
03-26-2012, 09:43 AM

Now that you mention it. Watch this clip after the Steelers game. I was actually joking about him possibly being gay but after I watched this clip I think this is pretty good evidence to suggest there is a reason he's a "virgin".

http://youtu.be/ojXkblN7pC0

Jay3
03-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Now that you mention it. Watch this clip after the Steelers game. I was actually joking about him possibly being gay but after I watched this clip I think this is pretty good evidence to suggest there is a reason he's a "virgin".

The audio of that clip makes his lisp and tone sound unusual. He doesn't sound like that. The interference by having it be a second hand recording makes it that way.

It's a subtle difference, but it's there.

go_broncos
03-26-2012, 09:52 AM

Wierd that there is no talk about Oron that won Super bowl for us...

Captain 'Dre
03-26-2012, 10:19 AM

Okay... now I'm at least a BIT less skeptical that he's gay... :)

Broncofan_H
03-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Is it possible to be a Broncos fan and to support the team and be thankful for the wins and excitement Tebow brought, but to also look forward to the upcoming season under one of the best QBs of all time?

Or do I have to take sides? Just curious.

jhns
03-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Is it possible to be a Broncos fan and to support the team and be thankful for the wins and excitement Tebow brought, but to also look forward to the upcoming season under one of the best QBs of all time?

Yes. Just follow my lead and make fun of both sides.

theAPAOps5
03-26-2012, 12:19 PM

So theY prepped for a trade while Shanahan was still here? Because I am pretty sure Shanny didnt want to trade him. Lame argument, and you use this regularly.

Still this article and discussion is stupid. Tebow is not a mental midget.

BroncoBen
03-26-2012, 12:29 PM

I think you are right, I think the only way Tebow get better reading defenses is us playing playing. But its a mixed bag, when the offense is tailored to his strengths .. he only asked to read one or two things not the entire defense.

Bacchus
03-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Okay... now I'm at least a BIT less skeptical that he's gay... :)

I was on a Jets forum and the were discussing his press conferance. Boy, they were ruthless on Timmy.

Here are a few of the posts.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=71578

summary....nice kid...sounds excited...just like when I give my 3 year old candy. Def. gay...

is is the gayest man alive.

I think everyone wants their daughter to bring home a guy who is afraid of the p***Y... good call.

Silence. Resume queer jokes.

Tebow don't put the p***Y on a pedastal. His dilrod is sitting on it.

I bet if you deleted all of his words and just played all the uh's and om's and mmm's and also his strange interrupting squeaks, it would sound like a gay porn.

Not for nothing, but if anyone looks gay it's our starting QB. ****ing guys goes to Justin Bieber concerts.

Until he puts his holy cock inside of someone, we dont know if hes gay or straight

The smart money ain't on Penelope Cruz. Let's put it that way then.

"What Jesus Christ has done in my life"
"He touched me. Through the hands of a priest. It left a big impact on my tone of voice."

Yeah let's ditch the gay jokes and go straight to the Christian and white boy jokes. Plenty of good stuff in those bins.

Well it's all over. It was sad. It was sweet. It was homoerotic at times. Just a little 30 minute snippet of what the rest of our lives as Jets fans are going to be like if we extend his contract. Just saying.

Haha, listening to him talk about Sanchez sounded like it should have been on the logo network.

Ok, let's abort the discussion and give new life to the debate over Tebow's sexual orientation!

You douchebags are weak....Tebow just owned that press conference and all you guys can talk about is homo jokes and Jesus freak crap. That was a high pressure situation he was put in and he showed he was above it. He didn't shove Jesus down your throats, he said the things that nobody can find fault with, and he did it on a FOOTBALL FIELD FULL OF MEDIA WHORES. he handles pressure well, he is genuine and all of your homo jokes are going to be replaced by admiration over time. Regardless of whether he becomes a starter or not.

Closeted christian virgin. He's a total fannie

He's like J. Edgar Hoover. It's unacceptable to be gay so he puts all focus on his job.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ojXkblN7pC0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I did notice that towards the end of the conferance Timmy had a lot more supporters. I think he will win them over eventually and he'll be starting by week 10, gay or not.

SoCalBronco
03-27-2012, 12:49 AM

Yep, its the same thing. Its extremely disgraceful, classless and reaks out of outright thuggery, but that's how they roll. Par for the course for the Valley.

cutthemdown
03-27-2012, 01:02 AM

I'll never forget last season. Our team played hard and had some amazing comebacks. That last drive to beat jets, the last drive to beat Steelers, are 2 of the best game winning drives we ever got watch.

Hell yeah we can thank Tebow, wish him well, be sad to see him go, and still be excited about Manning.

Go Broncos! No matter who is in the uniform.

ol#7
03-27-2012, 01:17 AM
I think you are right, I think the only way Tebow get better reading defenses is us playing playing. But its a mixed bag, when the offense is tailored to his strengths .. he only asked to read one or two things not the entire defense.

You mean like when Reeves said it was a mistake to throw too much of the playbook at a young Elway or that he said they would tailor the offense to Elway's strengths? You mean like that??? All rookie QB's get the playbopok simplified for them. Shanny did the same for Cutler. You seem to think we had some kind of super special circumstance taking place here.

broncocalijohn
03-27-2012, 02:35 AM

I doubt there was in leaking of that info except of Cutler leaking in his pants outside of Jackson Hole. That was common knowledge.

DENVERDUI55
03-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Yep, its the same thing. Its extremely disgraceful, classless and reaks out of outright thuggery, but that's how they roll. Par for the course for the Valley.

I'm sure that the Valley made Cutler and Marshall go out and get plowed in public before the Bills game that year. That is their motto. Yeah they leaked the Moreno and DJ DUI's.

errand
03-27-2012, 10:23 AM

He's not a Bronco.

I agree, however that'll be mission Impossible!

You got about a third of the fan base that are Tebow nuthuggers, another third that plain hate him regardless, and the other third are fans of the team that like him personally, but think he's a liability as a passer.

The nuthuggers will continue to post about him because they're addicted to him....the haters will continue to post about him because they hate him....and the regular joes will continue to post because one of the other two thirds of fans will eventually say something stupid either trashing or defending Tebow, or the nuthuggers will trash Elway and everyone else on the team, etc....

Vicious never ending cycle I guess...LOL

errand
03-27-2012, 10:32 AM

Ya know, compared to some of the **** that has been said about other players that wore the Broncos uniform, why should Tebow be coddled?

Nobody has advocated taking a crow bar to his skull or knees have they?

Nobody has posed a hypothetical question of how great the Broncos would be if he were to be killed in a plane crash have they?

so someone says he's not very bright...big deal. He's laughing all the way to the bank.....

errand
03-27-2012, 10:37 AM

Jake Plummer says "Cry me a river..."

errand
03-27-2012, 10:40 AM
probably because we'd be on our way to drafting luck.

Either we land Manning or draft Luck...either way, win-win for the Broncos, and Tebow would be gone now anyways.

errand
03-27-2012, 10:48 AM

Gee, i wonder which 1/3 of the fan base this clown belongs to?

you clowns whine about how the Broncos, and their fan base have treated poor tim tebow....

Look at the **** Griese and Frerotte went thru....not to mention the **** Plummer had to endure, and Cutler...and Orton. Tebow has been treated alot better than those guys ever were.

Hulamau
03-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Tebow is a great athlete. However, I think that the more teams get film on the guy the more he will be exposed as sort of a one-trick-pony. We saw this near the end of last season as we went 1-4 down the stretch. I could be wrong, but I'll guess that Tim will struggle next season if he indeed is the starter in New York this year.

Thats the main reason he's with NY now and Manning is here....

errand
03-27-2012, 10:58 AM
They haven't left yet

No they haven't...and they'll keep hanging around for awhile until the reality that he's never coming back sets in. Then they will start watching the Jets games, and every time tim does something good, they'll be back here with a vengeance to make sure those of us who don't care about the Jets or their back-up QB know that timmy did good.

again, it's sad a really nice guy like Tim has such whack jobs as fans.....

errand
03-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Yes, glad we can talk about football. Of course that is between more and more threads about Tebow being terrible, dumb, and worrying if he is gay. Wonderful to see character assassination alive and well in Denver with QB's.

i hear the Jets have plenty of room on their bandwagon.....if not them, there are 30 other teams you can root for. The US Military makes sure you have that kind of freedom....

errand
03-27-2012, 11:02 AM

..or one could argue that it's sad that a 36 yr old with 4 neck surgeries can throw the ball much, much better than a 25 year old kid.

BroncoBeavis
03-27-2012, 11:09 AM

I love the "1-4 down the stretch part" especially considering 2 of those were playoff games. Did you guys know Peyton Manning has lost 3 games in a row before? In fact he did so the last season he played.

errand
03-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Well Tebow didn't play vs. the Raiders and didn't come in until halfway through the San Diego game.

True...but how does he hang over 20 on the chargers, but only 3 on the chiefs?

errand
03-27-2012, 11:16 AM

well according to his nuthugging fans, you already took sides when you said you support the Broncos and you're looking forward to this upcoming Tebow-less season.....

errand
03-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Yes. Just follow my lead and make fun of both sides.

what are you doing? Trying to get this poor guy humiliated....it's not that you make fun of both sides...it's that both sides hate you.

errand
03-27-2012, 11:22 AM
I love the "1-4 down the stretch part" especially considering 2 of those were playoff games. Did you guys know Peyton Manning has lost 3 games in a row before? In fact he did so the last season he played.

didn't he also win 3 post season games in a row too?

DENVERDUI55
03-27-2012, 11:26 AM
I love the "1-4 down the stretch part" especially considering 2 of those were playoff games. .

You should since it shows that teams had adusted to the gimmick spread option we were running. We gave up 40 pts plus in 3 of those games and couldn't win a game the D held KC to 7 pts. Keep telling yourself we had a great thing going though leading league in 3 and outs and wearing out our P. I forgot to add how many QB's do you think consistently get cover 0 coverage in the NFL? Answer is easy one guy who can't hit water throwing from a boat.

BroncoBeavis
03-27-2012, 11:29 AM
You should since it shows that teams had adusted to the gimmick spread option we were running. We gave up 40 pts plus in 3 of those games and couldn't win a game the D held KC to 7 pts. Keep telling yourself we had a great thing going though.

We also looked pretty serviceable on offense in the first Pats game, but we were never going to hang 40+ on the Pats. We can't keep up with them. And neither could PM the last time they played.

2 of those 4 losses were to the AFC Champs, who PM has always struggled with.

DENVERDUI55
03-27-2012, 11:30 AM
We also looked pretty serviceable on offense in the first Pats game, but we were never going to hang 40+ on the Pats. We can't keep up with them. And neither could PM the last time they played.

Pretty hard to win with a gimmick offense gives them several TO's in a row. The 3 and outs are the biggest reasons for the 40 pts getting laid on us.

peacepipe
03-27-2012, 11:32 AM
We also looked pretty serviceable on offense in the first Pats game, but we were never going to hang 40+ on the Pats. We can't keep up with them. And neither could PM the last time they played.we ran the ball great in the 1st qtr. then NE made adjustments & shut us down the rest of the way.

BroncoBeavis
03-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Pretty hard to win with a gimmick offense gives them several TO's in a row. The 3 and outs are the biggest reasons for the 40 pts getting laid on us.

Yeah, the 'gimmick' offense was responsible for 3 fumbles in a quarter. Especially the one on special teams.

peacepipe
03-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah, the 'gimmick' offense was responsible for 3 fumbles in a quarter. Especially the one on special teams.

it was responsible for giving tom brady more opportunities.

BroncoBeavis
03-27-2012, 11:40 AM
we ran the ball great in the 1st qtr. then NE made adjustments & shut us down the rest of the way.

3 turnovers in one quarter shut us down. Then Tebow came out in the second half and put up a fight. But nobody beats the Pats when they hang 41 on somebody.

jhns
03-27-2012, 11:53 AM
what are you doing? Trying to get this poor guy humiliated....it's not that you make fun of both sides...it's that both sides hate you.

Duh. I am making fun of you...

You are an idiot.

errand
03-27-2012, 11:54 AM
it was responsible for giving tom brady more opportunities.

This...it's amazing how the nuthuggers never look at the fact that when we had numerous 3 and outs, and faced top notch QB's, those extra possessions can generally lead to opponents scoring more points....the points Hanie couldn't put up, Tom Brady and Matt Stafford could....and obviously did.

errand
03-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Duh. I am making fun of you...

You are an idiot.

the problem you have is I'm only hated by half the board...you're hated by ALL the board.

DENVERDUI55
03-27-2012, 11:55 AM

2 of them the ST blunder cost 3 pts not the 14 that TT led offense handed Brady. Game was over at halftime.

jhns
03-27-2012, 11:56 AM
the problem you have is I'm only hated by half the board...you're hated by ALL the board.

Again, duh... This is what happens when you make fun of stupid people

You are an idiot.

Bob's your Information Minister
03-27-2012, 12:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yIj7u.png

Bob's your Information Minister
03-27-2012, 12:04 PM

I don't think he's gay.

He's a power top.

peacepipe
03-27-2012, 12:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yIj7u.pngthat's a poorly done tattoo.

ol#7
03-27-2012, 12:49 PM
This...it's amazing how the nuthuggers never look at the fact that when we had numerous 3 and outs, and faced top notch QB's, those extra possessions can generally lead to opponents scoring more points....the points Hanie couldn't put up, Tom Brady and Matt Stafford could....and obviously did.

I think you should use Nuthugger when you post more.

There are at least 2 or 3 posts amidst your ramblings where it has been omitted.

BroncoBeavis
03-27-2012, 01:05 PM
2 of them the ST blunder cost 3 pts not the 14 that TT led offense handed Brady. Game was over at halftime.

Yeah, that's nice. Now every time Willis or Ball coughs up the ball it'll be a turnover by the "Manning Led Offense"

Bacchus
03-27-2012, 04:18 PM
I'll never forget last season. Our team played hard and had some amazing comebacks. That last drive to beat jets, the last drive to beat Steelers, are 2 of the best game winning drives we ever got watch.

Hell yeah we can thank Tebow, wish him well, be sad to see him go, and still be excited about Manning.

Go Broncos! No matter who is in the uniform.

I agree with all this. I was uneasy with Tebow at QB but he gave us some great memories and it is time to move forward.

Cito Pelon
03-27-2012, 05:26 PM
I agree with all this. I was uneasy with Tebow at QB but he gave us some great memories and it is time to move forward.

And who is the QBOTF again?

peacepipe
03-27-2012, 05:32 PM
And who is the QBOTF again?that's been the question since cutler left.

Popcorn Sutton
03-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Tebow below average on Wonderlic.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4984943

Popcorn Sutton
03-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Of course it could have been worse:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2006-03-01-young-wonderlic_x.htm

Cito Pelon
03-27-2012, 05:54 PM
that's been the question since cutler left.

Let's see if Elway can find one.

errand
03-27-2012, 06:20 PM
I think you should use Nuthugger when you post more.

There are at least 2 or 3 posts amidst your ramblings where it has been omitted.

Well, if the shoe fits....

errand
03-27-2012, 06:23 PM

Well, we know who it isn't.....

Does it matter right now?

We haven't drafted yet, we have no idea if any young guys currently languishing on someone else's roster will be released during preseason, and who knows, maybe the guy we groom is drafted next year.

oubronco
03-27-2012, 06:35 PM

Well the future is tomorrow and beyond so i'll say Peyton Manning

DENVERDUI55
03-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah, that's nice. Now every time Willis or Ball coughs up the ball it'll be a turnover by the "Manning Led Offense"

Yes I will say the offense created some turnovers that cost them the game. You are deflecting from original pt.

barryr
03-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Tebow below average on Wonderlic.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4984943

"To put those scores in perspective, the Post compared Wonderlic numbers of run-of-the-mill NFL quarterbacks such as Alex Smith (40) and Matt Leinart (35) to those of Pro Football Hall of Famers Dan Marino and Jim Kelly (both 15) and an established star such as Donovan McNabb (14) of the Philadelphia Eagles."

ghwk
03-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Back to the OP there is nothing in any of Tebows pressers that leave me with the impression that he is tremendously articulate or introspective about the game of football. He is extremely polite and caring but I didn't get the sense that I was listening to a mental giant.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-27-2012, 10:50 PM

It aint Teebs thank god

cutthemdown
03-28-2012, 04:50 AM
People only said Tebow studied really hard, they never said he picked things up fast.

Think about it? You can say someone is stupid but make it a compliment.

Question: Hey that Tebow kid whats he like?

Answer: He's a really hard worker, he studies hard, works hard, and wants to be the best he can be.

But you could actually mean yeah he studies his ass off and works on his footwork, then next day doesn't apply what he learned, doesn't actually understand what he studied etc etc.

Who knows really, he's gone, its 2012. I give this era 2 yrs, 3 max, then we will be talking about the next starting QB.

baja
03-28-2012, 09:03 AM
People only said Tebow studied really hard, they never said he picked things up fast.

Answer: He's a really hard worker, he studies hard, works hard, and wants to be the best he can be.

But you could actually mean yeah he studies his ass off and works on his footwork, then next day doesn't apply what he learned, doesn't actually understand what he studied etc etc.

Who knows really, he's gone, its 2012. I give this era 2 yrs, 3 max, then we will be talking about the next starting QB.

The guy could get more pussy than a toilet seat yet he passes and you question his mental agility. He's either gay or stupid, take your pick.

BroncoBeavis
03-28-2012, 09:12 AM

Peyton's a super hard worker, studied constantly, and still led the NFL in interceptions his first 16 games. It ain't easy.

bendog
03-28-2012, 09:27 AM
I don't see the need to personally diss tebow. (making fun of how people perceive him is not the same) I thought the same of Frown Cannon, but he demanded a trade, so screw him .... and just desserts where he ended up.

And besides, he's not stupid. He graduated on time with a gpa that's more than respectable while playing football with all the distractions, coupled with dyslexia. That can't be easy. Who cares if he's gay? And I'd guess he's not if I cared.

jhns
03-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Some woodworking tools don't need to be sharp to do their job.

baja
03-28-2012, 09:37 AM
I don't see the need to personally diss tebow. (making fun of how people perceive him is not the same) I thought the same of Frown Cannon, but he demanded a trade, so screw him .... and just desserts where he ended up.

And besides, he's not stupid. He graduated on time with a gpa that's more than respectable while playing football with all the distractions, coupled with dyslexia. That can't be easy. Who cares if he's gay? And I'd guess he's not if I cared.

I have a lot of respect for Tim, just joking a bit. I don't think he is stupid and I don't care about what his sexual orientation might be. Remember why McD moved up to draft him, it was because in part he was so impressed how quickly he was able to pick up McD's complex offense during their initial meeting in Florida.

bendog
03-28-2012, 09:46 AM
I have a lot of respect for Tim, just joking a bit. I don't think he is stupid and I don't care about what his sexual orientation might be. Remember why McD moved up to draft him, it was because in part he was so impressed how quickly he was able to pick up McD's complex offense during their initial meeting in Florida.

I didn't mean to imply you dissed the kid. I just meant that he isn't a bronco, and that's not by anything he did. He was a total positive for the organization. His fans .... maybe a different story.

But, this wasn't the first hint of him not picking up stuff really swift. Well, he was home schooled so he didn't get the full socialization thing (which is the whole idea with homeschooling and I'm not dissing that if that's someone's beliefs) and there's not doubt Tebow isn't a guy who can pick up a text book (or a playbook) and teach himself. His dyslexia is apparantly pretty significant. But smart people with dyslexia learn to pick up on stuff differently via listening skills, visual identification of graphics, memory, etc. He graduated in 4 years with a 3.6plus gpa. It's not like he was a redshirt who matriculated out in five years with three illegitmate kids.

barryr
03-28-2012, 06:37 PM
If only Einstein was smart enough to understand football.

Jay3
03-28-2012, 07:18 PM
He says he's a kinetic learner. He learns by doing it on the field -- to include walking through a play. He likes a lot of reps, and when he was at Florida he pretty much got all the work he wanted.

In the NFL, Peyton was able to make that happen (as a very articulate #1 pick). Tebow's never really had that. He's been sort of talked down to since he got to to Denver.

But it's all right -- he got enough of a crack at it to (1) make the Broncos attractive to Peyton; and (2) move onto his next job with the mystique of a guy who will get it done if you hang in there with him.

I think the genie is out of the bottle with Tebow -- he's in the NFL to stay. Just a matter of when his next ride comes open.

Rohirrim
03-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Every time I hear somebody in Jets nation say there isn't going to be a QB conspiracy in NY, it makes me laugh. ;D

bronco militia
03-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Sanchez is spanish for Orton ;D

Jason7730
03-28-2012, 07:50 PM
So Tebow got enough of a crack at it to make the Broncos attractive to Peyton Manning? If anything, with Tebow on the team, it would of been more of a deterrent than an attraction. Way to pull sh*t out of your ass. Poor Timmy was talked down to while with the Broncos??...... What a joke.......

Jay3
03-28-2012, 08:06 PM
So Tebow got enough of a crack at it to make the Broncos attractive to Peyton Manning? If anything, with Tebow on the team, it would of been more of a deterrent than an attraction. Way to pull sh*t out of your ass. Poor Timmy was talked down to while with the Broncos...... What a joke.......

Yeah, without the playoff run, Peyton never comes here. If the dumpster fire had continued under Orton, Peyton never gets convinced that the Broncos are ready to contend because of all the losing.

I can't make it any plainer, so if you didn't grasp it that time, I'd move on if I were you.

baja
03-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Yeah, without the playoff run, Peyton never comes here. If the dumpster fire had continued under Orton, Peyton never gets convinced that the Broncos are ready to contend because of all the losing.

I can't make it any plainer, so if you didn't grasp it that time, I'd move on if I were you.

Besides it would be the Broncos drafting Luck without TT's amazing heroics.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
03-28-2012, 08:24 PM
people stop baiting poor macgruder thats just cruel. which one of you paid the post to print that story just to troll him right back

Jason7730
03-28-2012, 10:50 PM

What I'm hearing you say is "Manning is looking at the Bronco Organization and he see's Tim Tebow and he say's YES I want to go there!"
Boy, that Tim Tebow sure can do alot all by himself....................

Bacchus
03-28-2012, 11:23 PM
The guy could get more p***Y than a toilet seat yet he passes and you question his mental agility. He's either gay or stupid, take your pick.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qox0pHxxRkE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wEmStZeXPe4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bacchus
03-28-2012, 11:26 PM

Who cares Denver got Manning. Maybe QBOTF is Weber maybe he is not on the roster yet. I am just concerned with the next two years.

NUB
03-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Denver was dumpster diving for wins before Tebow started and now this? It's awfully pathetic to diss on the guy both as a player and a person.

Bacchus
03-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Denver was dumpster diving for wins before Tebow started and now this? It's awfully pathetic to diss on the guy both as a player and a person.

Who is dissing on him? I think we all recognize what he did for Denver last year and how exciting it was. I think some of us though recognize that the league had caught up to him and he is going to have to improve his passing if he wants to be a NFL QB.

The game plan was out there. All teams had to do was rush three people keep the LBs at about a 7 yard depth and float. Then you make Tebow throw the ball. Tebow would have all day back there against KC and he could not complete a damn pass. Nothing against Tebow as a person but he was exposed.

Only the Steelers' arrogance in defending Tebow cost them the game. Instead of trying to contain Tebow and making him throw into coverage they blitzed often leaving the WRs on 1 on 1 coverage which Tebow was able to move around and get them the ball.

I like Tebow as much as the next guy but he is not a good QB at this moment and you surely do not pass on Peyton Manning for him.

Circle Orange
04-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Sanchez is spanish for Orton ;D

May BE, but he looks a heck of a lot better in speedo...:wiggle:

MacGruder
04-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Who is dissing on him? I think we all recognize what he did for Denver last year and how exciting it was. I think some of us though recognize that the league had caught up to him and he is going to have to improve his passing if he wants to be a NFL QB.

The game plan was out there. All teams had to do was rush three people keep the LBs at about a 7 yard depth and float. Then you make Tebow throw the ball. Tebow would have all day back there against KC and he could not complete a damn pass. Nothing against Tebow as a person but he was exposed.

Only the Steelers' arrogance in defending Tebow cost them the game. Instead of trying to contain Tebow and making him throw into coverage they blitzed often leaving the WRs on 1 on 1 coverage which Tebow was able to move around and get them the ball.

I like Tebow as much as the next guy but he is not a good QB at this moment and you surely do not pass on Peyton Manning for him.

You are delusional.. you don't put up 316 on the steelers D due to arrogance.. it was Fox's game plan that caused the problem versus the Chiefs. He is too ultra conservative. Urban Meyer said the same thing. After the Chief's fiasco they opened the offense up.

It's funny how people give Tebow no credit for the success and all the blame in the losses. McGahee was not himself at the end of the season either.

The Chief's had nothing to lose as well so they could gamble defending Tebow without really caring what happened. A team with anything to lose would not do that in today's NFL.

DENVERDUI55
04-05-2012, 08:01 PM
You are delusional.. you don't put up 316 on the steelers D due to arrogance...

If Thomas wore a Lions 81 Jersey in that game you wouldn't of thought it was D. Thomas.

errand
04-05-2012, 08:08 PM
If Thomas wore a Lions 81 Jersey in that game you wouldn't of thought it was D. Thomas.

Exactly...and yet amazingly, his contributions in that playoff win are barely acknowledged.

oubronco
04-05-2012, 08:13 PM
You are delusional...

This is full of Irony

MacGruder
04-05-2012, 08:19 PM

Tebow opened that up for him because of his running ability.. haven't you figured that out by now? Even with McGahee injured and no depth ar RB he still made the run game unstoppable.. it's because Defenses will not gamble like the Chief's and Bill's did.

This is the advantage Tebow gives his team because of his freakish abilities. The only way to match it is to get your own Tebow.. the only one remotely close is Cam and Tebow trained him! lol

MacGruder
04-05-2012, 08:20 PM
This is full of Irony

My delusions came to fruition this season.. it was the Ortonites that were delusional..

DENVERDUI55
04-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Tebow opened that ip for him because of his running ability.. haven't you figured that out by now? Even with McGahee injured and no depth ar RB he still made the run game unstoppable.. it's because Defenses will not gamle like the Chief's and Bill's did.

This is the advantage Tebow gives his team because of his freakish abilities. The only way to match it is to get your own Tebow.. the only one remotely close is Cam and Tebow trained him! lol
You don't call Cover 0 by Pittsburgh gambling? Manning would of thrown for 6 TD's and 500 yards if Pitt played that way. Anyways the high yardage of Tebow was Thomas making plays. I mean 10 completions is hardly a great passing performance. Sure it was Tebow's greatest I'll give you that.

MacGruder
04-05-2012, 08:57 PM
You don't call Cover 0 by Pittsburgh gambling?

It is.. but it's a different kind of gambling.. that is the thing with Tebow.. you have to pick your poison and either way he can punish you.

Manning would of thrown for 6 TD's and 500 yards if Pitt played that way.

Not behind the Broncos Oline he wouldn't.. Tebow's running ability allows him that time in the pocket Peyton could have never had last season. This season might be a different story.. the Broncos are at least trying to put an offense around Manning and letting him play his game. So the D might collapse now.

Anyways the high yardage of Tebow was Thomas making plays. I mean 10 completions is hardly a great passing performance. Sure it was Tebow's greatest I'll give you that.

All those deep passes were open because of Tebow's running ability.. he threw beautiful passes to... he throws better deep than a lot of guys. His issue is short passes. I think that is mainly because he wouldn't settle for short passes like guys do now.. he is too competitive. I think short passes to Tebow are like sliding when running.. that's for wusses.

Peyton's nerve
04-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I sorta feel like I'm dying today, but I have hope for Sunday.

peacepipe
04-06-2012, 01:37 PM
It is.. but it's a different kind of gambling.. that is the thing with Tebow.. you have to pick your poison and either way he can punish you.

Not behind the Broncos Oline he wouldn't.. Tebow's running ability allows him that time in the pocket Peyton could have never had last season. This season might be a different story.. the Broncos are at least trying to put an offense around Manning and letting him play his game. So the D might collapse now.

All those deep passes were open because of Tebow's running ability.. he threw beautiful passes to... he throws better deep than a lot of guys. His issue is short passes. I think that is mainly because he wouldn't settle for short passes like guys do now.. he is too competitive. I think short passes to Tebow are like sliding when running.. that's for wusses.lol your right,more like 7-9 TDs.

MacGruder
04-06-2012, 03:10 PM
lol your right,more like 7-9 TDs.

Yes..... I am sure what was holding Peyton back all those years was not being a Bronco... the Broncos have always been this super dominant team it's just that no one knew it because the QB has always been holding them back....

Is this how the homers mind works?

peacepipe
04-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Yes..... I am sure what was holding Peyton back all those years was not being a Bronco... the Broncos have always been this super dominant team it's just that no one knew it because the QB has always been holding them back....

Is this how the homers mind works?well against a cover 0 defense,7-9 would be expected.

Archer81
04-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm surprised this thread has ten pages.

:Broncos:

BroncoBeavis
04-06-2012, 03:35 PM
well against a cover 0 defense,7-9 would be expected.

What is it with you people and making excuses for the team the Broncos just beat.

Even if it was true that it was all Cover-0 (which it isn't), Tim made some nice throws that day, which is all that matters. It's not like there were guys streaking wide open 15 yards behind the coverage all day and he just jump-balled it up.

MacGruder
04-06-2012, 04:15 PM
well against a cover 0 defense,7-9 would be expected.

You are missing the point though... Manning has ZERO mobility.. so they can sit back in coverage all day OR they can rush him and he can't evade the rush without a decent line...

Tebow's mobility caused teams to force him to stay in the pocket.. and they can't sit back in coverage because he will beat them 10 yards at a time running the ball if they do.

DENVERDUI55
04-06-2012, 04:16 PM
You are missing the point though... Manning has ZERO mobility.. so they can sit back in coverage all day OR they can rush him and he can't evade the rush without a decent line...

Tebow's mobility caused teams to force him to stay in the pocket.. and they can't sit back in coverage because he will beat them 10 yards at a time running the ball if they do.

What do you call no deep S then?

DENVERDUI55
04-06-2012, 04:19 PM

Somehow manning is unable to be sacked consistently but can't move around. Why is that then? QB is about your Brains and throwing not running around clueless like a bull in a China shop.

LGM
04-06-2012, 04:30 PM

You make it sound like there is not one team that can win with an immobile qb. FYI, he can evade the rush by adjusting routes at the line of scrimmage (you know, like he's done for years), throwing to the hot route (like he has on every play). You do know he only gets sacked every 78 offensive plays, right? That's a pretty damn good average for someone who has ZERO mobility.

CEH
04-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Manning was sacked 16 times in '10 . Once a game with a guy named Charley Johnson playing LT. I'll take my odds that a bum knee Clady is better than JAG LT. So good was this Charley Johnson he played for Minny in 2011

Requiem
04-06-2012, 04:45 PM

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/543358_10151494659435122_891275121_24178231_839335 233_n.jpg

lostknight
04-07-2012, 09:34 AM
You don't call Cover 0 by Pittsburgh gambling? Manning would of thrown for 6 TD's and 500 yards if Pitt played that way. Anyways the high yardage of Tebow was Thomas making plays. I mean 10 completions is hardly a great passing performance. Sure it was Tebow's greatest I'll give you that.

I'm sure that we will get a chance to see how this does. Anything less then a Championship berth is a failure with Manning, given what we did with Tebow.

MacGruder
04-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Somehow manning is unable to be sacked consistently but can't move around. Why is that then? QB is about your Brains and throwing not running around clueless like a bull in a China shop.

What's that stat they mentioned recently? Peyton only has one more playoff win than Tebow over the past 5 years I think?

QB is about having the best team now days.. most importantly the line.. Tebow was able to overcome the Broncos weak line because of his tremendous mobility...

Passing is supposed to be Tebow's weakness.. and yet Tebow's weakness is far better than Peyton's weakness of immobility..

theAPAOps5
04-07-2012, 12:25 PM
What's that stat they mentioned recently? Peyton only has one more playoff win than Tebow over the past 5 years I think?

QB is about having the best team now days.. most importantly the line.. Tebow was able to overcome the Broncos weak line because of his tremendous mobility...

Passing is supposed to be Tebow's weakness.. and yet Tebow's weakness is far better than Peyton's weakness of immobility..

He has more Super Bowl wins than Tebow and that will always matter more to Broncos fans than playoff wins.

MacGruder
04-07-2012, 12:27 PM
You make it sound like there is not one team that can win with an immobile qb. FYI, he can evade the rush by adjusting routes at the line of scrimmage (you know, like he's done for years), throwing to the hot route (like he has on every play). You do know he only gets sacked every 78 offensive plays, right? That's a pretty damn good average for someone who has ZERO mobility.

So he's going to be a dink and dunker.. we have seen that with Orton.

Tebow would stand in the pocket and throw it deep when pressured. Peyton used to be able to take those hits but no longer.

The team with the best Oline is usually the one that wins the championship these days. It's just unbelievable to me that Peyton would choose a team with such a poor line. The big advantage Brady has always had over Peyton was Belichick's genius building offensive lines and protecting him like a glass statue.

I think Peyton got caught up with the rest of the rubes who saw Tebow with so long to pass the ball not realizing that was because of his freakish mobility..

MacGruder
04-07-2012, 12:29 PM
He has more Super Bowl wins than Tebow and that will always matter more to Broncos fans than playoff wins.

Tebow won championships in college not Peyton.. but I guess that doesn't mater tho.. only some winning matters..

Wes Mantooth
04-07-2012, 12:34 PM

No one's line is worth a crap if there is no real threat of a passing game. It's all about balance and we had none. The line will be vastly improved because we have one of the best QB's in the game (even if old and on a wheelchair).

theAPAOps5
04-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Tebow won championships in college not Peyton.. but I guess that doesn't mater tho.. only some winning matters..

This isn't college, genius

bowtown
04-07-2012, 01:00 PM
This isn't college, genius

MacGruder "not the sharpest tool in the woodshed."

TheReverend
04-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Penis

razorwire77
04-07-2012, 01:07 PM

Tee Martin > Peyton Manning

Tebow's ability to run around an NFL football field and sometimes maybe make something happen with his feet is a greater asset to an NFL team than Peyton Manning's ability to command a vertical passing game through the air.

Gotcha.

DENVERDUI55
04-07-2012, 02:33 PM

You are retarded. The stat I saw against 4 man rushes manning has been sacked 24 times in over 1200 drop backs. Tebow sacked 25 times in about 300.

DENVERDUI55
04-07-2012, 02:39 PM

At this level college means nothing other than looks good on resume. Chris leak won in college along with plenty of ken dorseys, marc wilsons, tommy fraziers, bunny testeverdes. You can rationalize anything in life but your takes on tebow and manning are comical. You make it sound like if they were both available teams would gave a tough decision on who they should get.