PDA

View Full Version : Not that impressed

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 08:11 AM
I know I am the new guy on here, and probably only speak for a handful of Bronco fans, but I am not that impressed with what Denver has done, excluding the Manning move.

This team is a little better version of Indy defensively, because Denver has a great CB and decent LB group. But the DT holes are the exact same! Denver acquired Porter, Tamme, Dreesen, Caldwell, while they have upside.. None of them are difference makers!

If this team is in win now mode, why aren't they targeting Mike Wallace with the late first round pick? They don't have to give him Fitzgerald money and they can back load the contract he is young! Why not try to get Matt Forte from Chicago? He was Chicagos offense! Imagine him with Manning under center! Those two are difference makers! Denver has the cap room, those would signal win now moves, and both players are young proven difference makers! Then get one veteran DT and draft all defensive pieces, and this team would be dangerous! I just want more impact moves, and this team could be dangerous..

baja
03-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Nah We're going with plan "A" which is Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning and Peyton Manning.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-25-2012, 08:15 AM
100 post rule.

Smilin Assassin
03-25-2012, 08:18 AM
The Philadelphia Eagles we are not.

Manning was a HUGE addition in FA, but to go out and get every big name/top dollar FA has never proven the way to a championship.

The team is young, and have some talented players on the rise. They made the playoffs last yr with what some would call 'the worst QB in the league' (not that I agree).

You add a healthy Manning, a few tweaks and upgrades (I really think the offense will be in the top of the league as things are right now), and you build through the draft.

g6matty
03-25-2012, 08:19 AM
we had two starting DTs on IR last year. we should grab another on in free agency (shaun rogers) while re signing marcus thomas. and draft a guy which every1 knows is so obvious that we wont do it (fletcher cox, devon still) and we will be fine. ty warren, kevin vickerson, marcus thomas, free agent, draft pick.

we've had worse so thats not too bad

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Expect to draft DT in first 3 rounds. So trading for a diva like Mike Wallace is a waste.

baja
03-25-2012, 08:23 AM
I am curious about the back story behind loosing Buckley and why we failed to sign Saturday. It seems those two players were high priority for a team in the win now mode. Hard to come up with an excuse for EFX for loosing those two players.

CEH
03-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Give me names after Denver signed Manning? Your premise is flawed since you have to aquire Manning before you can move forward . if you think the FAs available from a week out of the start of FA will be impact players. The young RB will come from the draft. The Pierre Gason can come from the draft. If the team deems a DT worthy several are available at #25 or maybe we can get the #8 or #10 pick from the 2007 draft to play DT.

Go look at the last 5 games of 2011 and compare DT stats to Calvin Johnson's stats for where the dynamic #1 WR will come from. And we can get a straight speed take the top off the defense from the WR from Troy. 4.2 40

Matt Forte just went public a couple days ago and Wallace is not worth the money he is asking.

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Give me names after Denver signed Manning? Your premise is flawed since you have to aquire Manning before you can move forward . if you think the FAs available from a week out of the start of FA will be impact players. The young RB will come from the draft. The Pierre Gason can come from the draft. If the team deems a DT worthy several are available at #25 or maybe we can get the #8 or #10 pick from the 2007 draft to play DT.

Go look at the last 5 games of 2011 and compare DT stats to Calvin Johnson's stats for where the dynamic #1 WR will come from. And we can get a straight speed take the top off the defense from the WR from Troy. 4.2 40

Matt Forte just went public a couple days ago and Wallace is not worth the money he is asking.

This was damn near a perfect impression of a mock post!

Rohirrim
03-25-2012, 08:27 AM
If this was Shanahan or McD at the wheel I'd be worried. Now we've got Fox and Del Rio. Before the season kicks off, I believe they are going to have this D in a much better position.

baja
03-25-2012, 08:30 AM
I think Knowshone will be a completely different player with Manning. He'll get more receptions than carries. Before he got hurt (yet again ) he seemed to be coming on. I think we got a pretty good 1 -2 punch at running back as we are. and surly we will draft one in the mid rounds.

bendog
03-25-2012, 08:31 AM
I am curious about the back story behind loosing Buckley and why we failed to sign Saturday. It seems those two players were high priority for a team in the win now mode. Hard to come up with an excuse for EFX for loosing those two players.

There's no back story. The saints gave him 5 years at nearly 5 mil per and 5 mil guaranteed. The guy's always had motivational issues, and that's like giving him a supersized.

There are still DT's unsigned. It's a buyers market. But giving any DT not named Suh or McCoy a long term deal is very dangerous.

Jesterhole
03-25-2012, 08:31 AM
I agree. The ten year run on not addressing the DT issue is pretty scary. If Warren comes back healthy, we pick up one of the FAs, and then pick up two big bodies in the draft, then I'll feel better.

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 08:32 AM

More care about Bunkley and don't view losing Saturday as a huge loss as others. Although I fear for Manning with JD Walton and his amazing ability to not recognize an A gap blitz, AT ALL.

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 08:33 AM
I agree. The ten year run on not addressing the DT issue is pretty scary. If Warren comes back healthy, we pick up one of the FAs, and then pick up two big bodies in the draft, then I'll feel better.

Well we aren't resigning Bunkley as he went to Saints last week. (Ah you caught your edit before I hit quote!)

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 08:34 AM

as for Saturday, i don't think he was as enthused about following Manning as some believed...

we all know that Saturday and Manning had their issues from time to time, heck we even seen a clip of it (but I'm not saying they aren't good friends)...

i think Saturday was interested in finishing his career trying something different...

playing center for arguably the best quarteback/team in the NFL probably interested him more than being the guy known for just following PM wherever he went to...

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 08:36 AM
as for Saturday, i don't think he was as enthused about following Manning as some believed...

we all know that Saturday and Manning had their issues from time to time, heck we even seen a clip of it (but I'm not saying they aren't good friends)...

i think Saturday was interested in finishing his career trying something different...

playing center for arguably the best quarteback/team in the NFL probably interested him more than being the guy known for just following PM wherever he went to...

He didn't go to the Patriots

baja
03-25-2012, 08:36 AM
There's no back story. The saints gave him 5 years at nearly 5 mil per and 5 mil guaranteed. The guy's always had motivational issues, and that's like giving him a supersized.

There are still DT's unsigned. It's a buyers market. But giving any DT not named Suh or McCoy a long term deal is very dangerous.

What's your take on Saturday signing without even the courtesy of a visit.

On and the FO was perusing Buckley hard, aid it was a priory to get him signed. If you're in the win now mode sometimes you have to over pay for key players.

Rohirrim
03-25-2012, 08:38 AM

Lambeau over Mile High? He must really not like Manning.

Requiem
03-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Ty Warren hasn't played football this decade. Pass.

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 08:41 AM

On and the FO was perusing Buckley hard, aid it was a priory to get him signed. If you're in the win now mode sometimes you have to over pay for key players.

He says on ESPN he didn't feel the Broncos wanted him as much and had other plans. Also it was reported by some he did come to Denver but no one site has ever reported if it actually happened after the visit.

Saturday says why he picked Greenbay (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7734318/2012-nfl-free-agency-jeff-saturday-called-peyton-manning-explain-green-bay-packers-choice)

bendog
03-25-2012, 08:45 AM

If you really think Bunkley brings more than say Shaun Rodgers or John Henderson in a two year deal, your thinking makes sense. There are just a lot of fatties out there who can play run but offer little sackage. As a saints fan, I really wonder why they made that offer. But, given the Saints' situation, I don't think anyone really knows what their doing. The local paper doesn't.

I personally would have been happier if they'd signed Chris Myers who got 25 million, but I also think Walton will look better without 9 men in the box.

Saturday said it himself. He thinks the Pack has a better chance to win a Lombardi than Den. And I agree. The Pack also lost thier probowl center to St Louis, so they were pretty desperate.

baja
He says on ESPN he didn't feel the Broncos wanted him as much and had other plans. Also it was reported he did come to Denver but no one has ever reported if it actually happened.

Saturday says why he picked Greenbay (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7734318/2012-nfl-free-agency-jeff-saturday-called-peyton-manning-explain-green-bay-packers-choice)

good find.

That is better than losing a player you felt was key to your success

Gcver2ver3
I know I am the new guy on here, and probably only speak for a handful of Bronco fans, but I am not that impressed with what Denver has done, excluding the Manning move.

This team is a little better version of Indy defensively, because Denver has a great CB and decent LB group. But the DT holes are the exact same! Denver acquired Porter, Tamme, Dreesen, Caldwell, while they have upside.. None of them are difference makers!

Peyton Manning is the difference maker... most offenses, even the stellar ones don't have more than a couple difference makers...

Patriots have Brady, maybe Gronk that i would tab as difference makers... Packers have Aaron Rodgers (the receivers they have are good but not "difference makers", Rodgers is the difference maker... Saints have Brees, perhaps Graham... and the Lions have Megatron and perhaps Stafford...

the best offenses have their QB as the difference maker...Denver has Peyton, and i think DT can perhaps be one as well...

If this team is in win now mode, why aren't they targeting Mike Wallace with the late first round pick? They don't have to give him Fitzgerald money and they can back load the contract he is young! Why not try to get Matt Forte from Chicago? He was Chicagos offense! Imagine him with Manning under center! Those two are difference makers! Denver has the cap room, those would signal win now moves, and both players are young proven difference makers! Then get one veteran DT and draft all defensive pieces, and this team would be dangerous! I just want more impact moves, and this team could be dangerous..

i think you'll notice championship teams tend to not invest HUGE money into a single WR or RB... both Wallace and Forte would cost us significant salary and picks... Forte is noce, but not necassy... grab cheaper effective offensive weapons along with a difference maker at QB and you'll have an elite offense... use that cap room for the trenches...

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 08:46 AM
He didn't go to the Patriots

the term "arguable" was used to eliminate these types of inconsequential replies...

clearly it didn't work...

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Lambeau over Mile High? He must really not like Manning.

i'm purely speculating...

i could be way off...

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 08:49 AM
the term "arguable" was used to eliminate these types of inconsequential replies...

clearly it didn't work...

The lack of the use of my smilie In my reply probably didn't help. I knew what you meant! The fact that you even responded to something you call inconsequential is funny though!

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 08:50 AM

i hope you don't mean Gerald McCoy...

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 08:51 AM
The lack of the use of my smilie In my reply probably didn't help. I knew what you meant! The fact that you even responded to something you call inconsequential is funny though!

get that smiley in there next time...

:)

DENVERDUI55
03-25-2012, 08:52 AM
We will be fine. We will find the fountain of youth for a couple has beens or washed up bums and plug them in. Del Rio will "turn the DL loose" this year.

strafen
03-25-2012, 09:09 AM

If this team is in win now mode, why aren't they targeting Mike Wallace with the late first round pick? They don't have to give him Fitzgerald money and they can back load the contract he is young! Why not try to get Matt Forte from Chicago? He was Chicagos offense! Imagine him with Manning under center! Those two are difference makers! Denver has the cap room, those would signal win now moves, and both players are young proven difference makers! Then get one veteran DT and draft all defensive pieces, and this team would be dangerous! I just want more impact moves, and this team could be dangerous..Our defense will be addressed in the draft.
We, by no means, are done yet.
Our offense may not have the names people think are difference makers, but we do have the biggest difference maker of them all; Peyton Manning.
Manning will make the corps of WRs we've got a lot better.
They will have opportunities to catch the ball more, since the focus will now shift to more of a passing attack than running the ball, and passing the ball is what Peyton does...

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Long way to go before the final roster is determined.

lolcopter
03-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Expect to draft DT in first 3 rounds. So trading for a diva like Mike Wallace is a waste.

lol wat

Tombstone RJ
03-25-2012, 09:24 AM

wow, new to the forum and already bitching like a seasoned Omane vet. Hey, did you ever consider this: we 6 months away from the start of the new season?

CEH
03-25-2012, 09:27 AM
I think Denver is setting itself up to draft young fast playmakers on both sides. Speed will be the common theme when we look back at the '12 draft

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 09:37 AM
lol wat

I guess Diva is not the right word. But the reports of what he is expecting for a contract just isn't something the Broncos should persue. Mob and all WRs have diva in their DNA! ;D

He wants his new deal to surpass Fitgeralds, allegedly, but he is no Fitzgerald

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-mike-wallace-wants-contract-bigger-larry-fitzgerald-170726428.html

Broncoman13
03-25-2012, 10:01 AM

I agree... I want all of those guys. In fact, I say we take it a step further. Why the hell didn't they sign Mario Manningham, Soliai, Carlson, Mario Williams, Brandon Carr, Cortland Finnegan, and Laron Landry. They also should have got 3 1sts for Tim Tebow then traded one of those firsts to Pittsburgh for Mike Wallace. Then they could have traded the other first to the Bears for Matt Forte, but only after the Bears gave him a $40m contract and paid all of his bonus money FOR US! Last but not least, we should have knocked on the Colts door and let them know we were interested in Andrew Luck. They would have gladly taken DJ Williams and Knowshon Moreno off of our hands for the rights to the #1 overall. QB of the future problem solved.

I like the way you think!!!

CEH
03-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Jeff Saturday got the impression EFX had a specific plan in place and are happy with where they are at. I have a feeling good things will transpire with the draft.

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Some of you in here are real niave to think that by asking for a difference maker means going DREAM TEAM. Nobody on this forum needs to tell me Peyton is a difference maker! I follow him closer than most of you. You must not realize how lucky Denver is to have him, so for his final years, forgive me if I want him to win SuperBowls! There are pieces out there that represented upgrades, and I'm not seeing the moves.

kappys
03-25-2012, 10:57 AM
What we really need is a competent LG. JD is bad, but at least he improved. Beadles is a disaster at pass protection - he thrown backwards like Ben Hamilton or just whiffs altogether.

We'll be okay at DT - what we really need are two giant run stuffers in the middle. Ayers will rotate to UT in passing situations where he really started to turn on as pass rusher late in the season. With our deficiencies at MLB and tackling SS the focus needs to be big bodies who prevent teams from running up the gut ball control offense that keeps PM off the field even at the cost of not getting enough push up the middle in passing situation. We still have Von Doom the pressure the QB.

Broncos_OTM
03-25-2012, 11:02 AM
A new troll a different name

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 11:05 AM
What we really need is a competent LG. JD is bad, but at least he improved. Beadles is a disaster at pass protection - he thrown backwards like Ben Hamilton or just whiffs altogether.

We'll be okay at DT - what we really need are two giant run stuffers in the middle. Ayers will rotate to UT in passing situations where he really started to turn on as pass rusher late in the season. With our deficiencies at MLB and tackling SS the focus needs to be big bodies who prevent teams from running up the gut ball control offense that keeps PM off the field even at the cost of not getting enough push up the middle in passing situation. We still have Von Doom the pressure the QB.

That's exactly what I said when I first started posting on here. Some don't like the truth.

CEH
03-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Some of you in here are real niave to think that by asking for a difference maker means going DREAM TEAM. Nobody on this forum needs to tell me Peyton is a difference maker! I follow him closer than most of you. You must not realize how lucky Denver is to have him, so for his final years, forgive me if I want him to win SuperBowls! There are pieces out there that represented upgrades, and I'm not seeing the moves.

I ask you after Manning was signed who do you want. Mike Wallace? OK not where I would go. Forte requires a willing trade partner. I ask you who was Pierre Gason before Manning. Manning just got the kid $42MM

Other than those two how else do we sign from FA? We signed a young CB opposite Champ.

Lamarr Miller or Daid Wilson or LaMicheal James. Teh WR from Troy who is a burner to take the top off the defense. Wallace was a 4th round pick. Don't see a ton of teams lining up to pay for his services.

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 11:07 AM
A new troll a different name

Then block what I say! I came on here, polite and humble, offer some unbiased suggestions and some of you turn on me and disrespect me.
You don't like what I have to say block me, your tatoo looks like ****, how's that sound for some disrespect?

g6matty
03-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Then block what I say! I came on here, polite and humble, offer some unbiased suggestions and some of you turn on me and disrespect me.
You don't like what I have to say block me, your tatoo looks like ****, how's that sound for some disrespect?

lmaoo

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 11:14 AM

okay know it all...
name me another difference maker on offense other than Manning when he played with the Colts when they were a championship team?...

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 11:15 AM
I ask you after Manning was signed who do you want. Mike Wallace? OK not where I would go. Forte requires a willing trade partner. I ask you who was Pierre Gason before Manning. Manning just got the kid $42MM

Other than those two how else do we sign from FA? We signed a young CB opposite Champ.

Lamarr Miller or Daid Wilson or LaMicheal James. Teh WR from Troy who is a burner to take the top off the defense. Wallace was a 4th round pick. Don't see a ton of teams lining up to pay for his services.

While you present much logic, the draft is cheaper for now, and possibly long term commitment to the team, Wallace represents a flat out stud to be the number one. You don't have to tell me about Garçon, Manning makes everyone look like superstars!

I would give Wallace 8-10 a season no doubt! Chicago sees Forte as a problem, I could see him going for a couple of mid round picks. They are good impact players. Porter was just solid, he's no stud. I just think more could be done.

barryr
03-25-2012, 11:16 AM

You probably should have started out making negative remarks about Tebow and his legion of fans and those then would have not been so defensive about wanting more talent added to this team. Whose roster was 7-24 before that apparent so flawed, worst QB in the history of the NFL was suddenly magically carried all the way to a playoff win by that group.

Spider
03-25-2012, 11:17 AM

that has worked so well for the Redskins and Eagles ....... This isnt baseball , you just cant go collect a bunch of big names and become the Yankees ......

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 11:18 AM

Some of you in here are real niave to think that by asking for a difference maker means going DREAM TEAM.

Nobody on this forum needs to tell me Peyton is a difference maker! I follow him closer than most of you.

thanks for coming here humble...

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 11:20 AM
okay know it all...
name me another difference maker on offense other than Manning when he played with the Colts when they were a championship team?...

Harrison, Wayne, Clarke.. Manning made them great. But they were all quality.
I know first hand how Manning made Tamme look like the second coming of Clarke, and made Blair White look like a competent starter.

But why repeat the past? Why not fix the reasons Manning has one Super Bowl. Give him a D and put real talent on the roster!

CEH
03-25-2012, 11:21 AM
While you present much logic, the draft is cheaper for now, and possibly long term commitment to the team, Wallace represents a flat out stud to be the number one. You don't have to tell me about Garçon, Manning makes everyone look like superstars!

I would give Wallace 8-10 a season no doubt! Chicago sees Forte as a problem, I could see him going for a couple of mid round picks. They are good impact players. Porter was just solid, he's no stud. I just think more could be done.

And I'm asking you what more. So far you given me no one that would not cost the team draft picks. Finnegan or Carr is that who you wanted at $10MM a year opposite Champ?

So why did Manning sign with Denver if we need a true #1? Manning must have really like Decker and Thomas to even consider Denver. In fact Schefter said Manning loved Decker coming out of college. You know EFX laid out for Manning exactly how they would go about improving the team. Think Peyton is having buyer's remose because EFX doesn't want to paid $10MM for a speed WR.

You're view is too simplistic . Manning was the get then the dominos fall from there

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Harrison, Wayne, Clarke.. Manning made them great. But they were all quality.I know first hand how Manning made Tamme look like the second coming of Clarke, and made Blair White look like a competent starter.

you nailed it right there (and contradicted yourself a little bit)...

MANNING made them look great, but overall they arent difference makers, but just quality players as you yourself even admit...

if Harrison and Wayne look quality, how do you know DT and Decker can't?... DT is a 1st RD WR... the first taken in his draft class...

Clark had 300yds receiving the year Colts won it all... so he was hardly a difference maker...

as i said before... Manning was the only "difference maker" on the team...

you surround him with qulaity starters and you have yourself a contender, and thats what denver is doing...

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 11:28 AM
And I'm asking you what more. So far you given me no one that would not cost the team draft picks. Finnegan or Carr is that who you wanted at $10MM a year opposite Champ?

So why did Manning sign with Denver if we need a true #1? Manning must have really like Decker and Thomas to even consider Denver. In fact Schefter said Manning loved Decker coming out of college. You know EFX laid out for Manning exactly how they would go about improving the team. Think Peyton is having buyer's remose because EFX doesn't want to paid $10MM for a speed WR.

You're view is too simplistic . Manning was the get then the dominos fall from there

I would have preferred more quality pieces than big names or potentials like Denver added..
Names like Soliai DT, Grant/Lofton MLB, Landry SS, Demetrius Bell RT, Saturday C, Lloyd WR.

Rohirrim
03-25-2012, 11:31 AM

New dude goes right for the tattoo smack. :spit:

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 11:31 AM
you nailed it right there (and contradicted yourself a little bit)...

MANNING made them look great, but overall they arent difference makers, but just quality players as you yourself even admit...

if Harrison and Wayne look quality, how do you know DT and Decker can't?... DT is a 1st RD WR... the first taken in his draft class...

Clark had 300yds receiving the year Colts won it all... so he was hardly a difference maker...

as i said before... Manning was the only "difference maker" on the team...

you surround him with qulaity starters and you have yourself a contender, and thats what denver is doing...

You are 10000% right! I am asking for more! If Wallace is #1, DT#2, Decker in the slot, that's sick! I'm not saying what they have isnt quality or sufficient I just want Manning to have an actual difference maker stud, prior to being paired with him!

barryr
03-25-2012, 11:35 AM
You are 10000% right! I am asking for more! If Wallace is #1, DT#2, Decker in the slot, that's sick! I'm not saying what they have is sufficient I just want Manning to have an actual difference maker stud, prior to being paired with him!

The Broncos need a speed guy at WR to help stretch the field IMO and hard to find a better one than Wallace. I know I would rather spend the pick on Wallace than stay at #25 and draft a project DT who may be ready to play in 2013. If no Wallace, then trade down for extra picks.

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 11:36 AM

Who would you have added that would make all the difference? Let's see how you would improve on what EFX has done. Keep in mind Wallace wants 15 million per year.

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 11:39 AM
You are 10000% right! I am asking for more! If Wallace is #1, DT#2, Decker in the slot, that's sick! I'm not saying what they have isnt quality or sufficient I just want Manning to have an actual difference maker stud, prior to being paired with him!

but we don't need a mike wallace...

thats too much cap going to one player... its reported he wants larry fitzgerald money... thats insane... AND he'd cost us our 1st round pick...

Manning has NEVER needed a superstar WR... ask Austin Collie, Brandon Stokley, Pierre Garcon, and Jacob Tamme...

Manning has NEVER needed a superstar back... ask Dominic Rhodes and Joseph Addai...

What he needs is an oline that will protect, a run game that can dominate, and a defense that will put fear in opposing offenses... and Denver either already has that or is working on it as we speak...

barryr
03-25-2012, 11:41 AM

thats too much cap going to one player... its reported he wants larry fitzgerald money... thats insane... AND he'd cost us our 1st round pick...

Manning has NEVER needed a superstar WR... ask Austin Collie, Brandon Stokley, Pierre Garcon, and Jacob Tamme...

Manning has NEVER needed a superstar back... ask Dominic Rhodes and Joseph Addai...

What he needs is an oline that will protect, a run game that can dominate, and a defense that will put fear in opposing offenses... and Denver either already has that or is working on it as we speak...

Manning maybe didn't need those things when he was younger, but not at 36? Elway at 36 needed help. I doubt Manning would turn down the help.

bombay
03-25-2012, 11:42 AM

Like everyone else here, you are speaking strictly for yourself.

bombay
03-25-2012, 11:45 AM
And say no to Wallace. Way too much money for what he brings. The Broncos have two outstanding young receivers waiting to explode with a healthy Manning, if that's what we have.

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Manning maybe didn't need those things when he was younger, but not at 36? Elway at 36 needed help. I doubt Manning would turn down the help.

i guess you view our players differently than i do then, because part of my point is we are giving him help...

solid oline, mcgahee + new RB + DT/Decker + Dreessen/Tamme + Von/Doom/Champ = help in my eyes...

and Peyton wouldnt have come here if he didnt view that as help as well...

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 11:49 AM

The cupboard isn't empty with Decker, Thomas, Caldwell, Dreesen and Tamme.

People should worry more about the interior of our Dline and stop obsessing over a restricted free agent who wants the biggest contract for a receiver in the history of the NFL.

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Why haven't other teams pounced on Wallace? If he is THE difference maker.

lonestar
03-25-2012, 11:52 AM

We have plenty of speed in DT as well as WIllis..

as for a DT on the LOS we have sucked at that spot since we went away from the 3-4 Orange Crush..

It has cost us load of games because we could not stop the up the guy run and zero pressure on the up the middle pass rusher..

Yes we had one decent guy in pryce but he was a motivational nightmare.. every other week either Rod of Mikey was on his ass about coming to play.. He got fat and happy after a huge contract and untill we cut his ass he had no real reason to play consistent ball.

as a Raven well he had to earn his pay check..

but other than him and Bunkley zip zero nada..

and even Bunkley was not that pressure guy I had hoped for.. even, though his last few games he nudged the Qb from time to time..

If you go back and look at what a low priority that the FO has given to DT/NT guys over the past two decades it makes you wonder WTF is wrong with them.. The average fan knows we suck there..

barryr
03-25-2012, 11:54 AM
The cupboard isn't empty with Decker, Thomas, Caldwell, Dreesen and Tamme.

People should worry more about the interior of our Dline and stop obsessing over a restricted free agent who wants the biggest contract for a receiver in the history of the NFL.

Decker and Thomas have already had injury issues and not the most reliable hands to this point. And Caldwell would convince you not to sign Wallace? Yikes.

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 11:58 AM
Decker and Thomas have already had injury issues and not the most reliable hands to this point. And Caldwell would convince you not to sign Wallace? Yikes.

they dropped some balls, but they're young...

but they also made plays, big plays, and plenty of them amid a run heavy WR unfriendly offense...

there are gifted WRs who drop balls... Terrell Owens and Brandon Marshall for example...

DT/Deck have potential to be an outstanding duo...

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 11:59 AM
The Broncos need a speed guy at WR to help stretch the field IMO and hard to find a better one than Wallace. I know I would rather spend the pick on Wallace than stay at #25 and draft a project DT who may be ready to play in 2013. If no Wallace, then trade down for extra picks.

That's what I was thinking!

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 12:00 PM

We don't need to dump that kind of money in a receiver that stretches the field but really isn't that good in the red zone.

You think you know more than 32 NFL GMs? The Steelers haven't even been able to sign him. Must be nice to be a Couch GM with such a simplistic view and no concern for cap or salary.

DT, Decker, Caldwell, Tamme, Dreesen and holes to fill elsewhere convince me we don't need to throw over a hundred million on a receiver that stretches the field.

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 12:01 PM
That's what I was thinking!

You want the Broncos to pay over a hundred million for a guy who stretches the field?

Got it.

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Who would you have added that would make all the difference? Let's see how you would improve on what EFX has done. Keep in mind Wallace wants 15 million per year.

I would offer him a max of 5 years 60 million and back load the contract to account for the rising cap over the next few years.

lonestar
03-25-2012, 12:03 PM
If this was Shanahan or McD at the wheel I'd be worried. Now we've got Fox and Del Rio. Before the season kicks off, I believe they are going to have this D in a much better position.

Well they whiffed it last year.. Now getting Miller was a great move but after him?

NADA

since 1988 when we drafted ted gregory (whiffed) have we spent a #1 or 2 on a true DT/NT..

Most of our DT picks have been 4th ot later and ALL have been busts..

we have been living off of garbage and old timers on one leg since..

Time IMHO to change the direction of the DL and dedicate the next 3 years to at least using a 1 or 2 each year.. and then one every third year to keep the stock fresh..

bombay
03-25-2012, 12:04 PM
I'd like to see proof that Wallace is as fast as D. Thomas. I doubt he is. Regardless, not worth the money.

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 12:05 PM
I would offer him a max of 5 years 60 million and back load the contract to account for the rising cap over the next few years.

Which is why you have no credibility. He wouldn't take it and the Steelers would simply up the offer and keep him. He is restricted!! Lowball him and see where that gets you.

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 12:06 PM
I'd like to see proof that Wallace is as fast as D. Thomas. I doubt he is. Regardless, not worth the money.

He is easily top 1 or 2 in the NFL in straight line speed. Doesn't make him worth 100+ million.

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 12:08 PM

LOL

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/03/the-49ers-inquired-about-mike-wallace-but.html

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 12:09 PM

this isnt going to be the Packers offense with WRs spread out everywhere...

this will be an attack focused around balance...

Don'r get me wrong, Manning will be a threat for over 4gs in the air so as long as he plays all 16, but we will run the ball plenty as well as use a lot of 2 TE sets... Wallace is overkill for this offense...

DT/Decker/Moreno/Mcgahee/Tamme/Dreessen/Willis will be plenty for the offense we're running...

we wouldnt come close to getting our moneys worth getiing that guy, not to mention the 1st rd pick we couldve used on an impact DT...

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 12:10 PM

Yet again I agree with you. I'm just asking for more from Denver, smart moves, but more..

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 12:11 PM

he's not worth the money but Mike Wallace may actually be the fastest man in the NFL...

DT can fly, but Wallace's speed is in a class of its own...

vancejohnson82
03-25-2012, 12:12 PM
he's not worth the money but Mike Wallace may actually be the fastest man in the NFL...

DT can fly, but Wallace's speed is in a class of its own...

yea, one guy is known for his speed, while the other is definitely not

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 12:14 PM
this isnt going to be the Packers offense with WRs spread out everywhere...

this will be an attack focused around balance...

Don'r get me wrong, Manning will be a threat for over 4gs in the air so as long as he plays all 16, but we will run the ball plenty as well as use a lot of 2 TE sets... Wallace is overkill for this offense...

DT/Decker/Moreno/Mcgahee/Tamme/Dreessen/Willis will be plenty for the offense we're running...

we wouldnt come close to getting our moneys worth getiing that guy, not to mention the 1st rd pick we couldve used on an impact DT...

Yet again more sound logic, but I would advocate for a better RB then...and way more defensive pieces added.

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Yet again I agree with you. I'm just asking for more from Denver, smart moves, but more..

looks like we're pretty close to being on the same page then...

with the exeption of you thinking we should land Forte or Wallace... those would be acquisitions that would cripple us in other areas due to the resources it would suck up...

if you truly want Manning to win the SB, you should be against Denver getting Wallace/Forte... those are players at positions championship teams rarely break the bank for...

Giants, Packers, Steelers, Saints, Colts...

this represents a handful of the last Super Bowl Champions in recent years... none of those teams broke the bank for WRs or RBs... instead they would let the players walk at those positions that tried to get top money... EX: Edgerrin James, Wayne, Mannignham, Santonio Holmes, Reggie Bush, etc...

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 12:25 PM

No problem with that. Just need to be realistic regarding Wallace. He's not going to sign with the Broncos for a back loaded 60 million dollar contract and the Steelers have first right of refusal.

The Broncos made the biggest splash in free agency and people still aren't happy.

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Yet again more sound logic, but I would advocate for a better RB then...and way more defensive pieces added.

well there are rumors that Denver is trying to get Jonathan Stewart from Carolina for a 3rd or 4th round pick...

i think he and McGahee would be a dynamic tandem...

you agree?...

bombay
03-25-2012, 12:32 PM
yea, one guy is known for his speed, while the other is definitely not

A sub 4.4 isn't considered elite anymore?

DarkHorse30
03-25-2012, 12:36 PM
100 post rule.

ditto

vancejohnson82
03-25-2012, 12:41 PM
A sub 4.4 isn't considered elite anymore?

where does it say he ran a 4.4??

the numbers I had said he was at a 4.6

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 12:43 PM
well there are rumors that Denver is trying to get Jonathan Stewart from Carolina for a 3rd or 4th round pick...

i think he and McGahee would be a dynamic tandem...

you agree?...

I think that's a great idea if they can get him to a long term deal! He is young and talented. The deal has to be reasonable though..

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 12:44 PM
I think that's a great idea if they can get him to a long term deal! He is young and talented. The deal has to be reasonable though..

Denver won't go more than a 3rd...

he has one year left on his deal, so i'd imagine part of the rumored trade would involve a long term deal...

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Let's put this to rest.

Wallace:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68061&draftyear=2009&genpos=

Thomas:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profilexnews.php?pyid=66875&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 12:53 PM
where does it say he ran a 4.4??

the numbers I had said he was at a 4.6

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profilexnews.php?pyid=66875&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR

well according to nfldraftscout.com he ran a low of 4.39 and a high of 4.59...

lol, quite a range, but 4.39 is sub 4.4...

Bacchus
03-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Hopefully, Ty Warren will come back at full strength and there will be some cuts come training camp that Denver can jump on.

bombay
03-25-2012, 12:58 PM
"Thomas reportedly was running a 40 yard dash in the 4.36-4.38 range prior to his foot injury. At 6'3" 229 pounds, the only other receivers in the NFL who might possess that kind of size/speed ratio are Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Calvin Johnson. It's almost unheard of."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/465698-denver-broncos-wr-demaryius-thomas-the-nfls-best-kept-secret

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 01:01 PM
"Thomas reportedly was running a 40 yard dash in the 4.36-4.38 range prior to his foot injury. At 6'3" 229 pounds, the only other receivers in the NFL who might possess that kind of size/speed ratio are Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Calvin Johnson. It's almost unheard of."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/465698-denver-broncos-wr-demaryius-thomas-the-nfls-best-kept-secret

But that was before a foot and Achilles injury. I wonder what it is now.

bombay
03-25-2012, 01:03 PM
But that was before a foot and Achilles injury. I wonder what it is now.

Yeah. I don't know. He looked pretty fast running away from those little Pittsburgh DBs, though.

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah. I don't know. He looked pretty fast running away from those little Pittsburgh DBs, though.

I love Thomas and I'm glad we have him. Mike Wallace has ridiculous speed.
Regardless, speed is one element. Thomas will outshine Wallace as a big target in the red zone. 120 million is way too much jack for a guy who can stretch the field. DT has shown he has plenty of potential. Just hope his Achilles stays healthy.

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Here's another topic I can't fathom.. How do they line up a visit with the best NT on the market, not only do they lose out on him, but they lose there starter from last year? I really wanted Soliai.. Bunkley got overpaid, I just really want a strong D..

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Here's another topic I can't fathom.. How do they line up a visit with the best NT on the market, not only do they lose out on him, but they lose there starter from last year? I really wanted Soliai.. Bunkley got overpaid, I just really want a strong D..

Solaji I suspect, wanted to ge his deal done. Broncos weren't doing anything until Manning got settled. FA hasn't been the best solution in recent history for DL. Maybe start this thread in August when it's not 2 weeks into FA?

Smilin Assassin
03-25-2012, 01:36 PM

Yeah, that really stings.

Wanted them both and got neither (although w/Soliai, I really thjink he wanted to stay at home).

Here's hoping we don't ignore DT this year, just hoping the ones we have 'step up' again....

Kaylore
03-25-2012, 01:47 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles we are not.

Manning was a HUGE addition in FA, but to go out and get every big name/top dollar FA has never proven the way to a championship.

The team is young, and have some talented players on the rise. They made the playoffs last yr with what some would call 'the worst QB in the league' (not that I agree).

You add a healthy Manning, a few tweaks and upgrades (I really think the offense will be in the top of the league as things are right now), and you build through the draft.

This. with a few exceptions, free agents rarely make a huge difference. Ask the Redskins, Cowboys, Shanahan in the 2000's, or the Eagles what signing a bunch of free agents accomplishes.
We do need to draft better, though. Hopefully a full year will allow the next one to work out better.

theAPAOps5
03-25-2012, 01:48 PM

He had the CB beat on slant and they were bringing the house. But you are right he definitely separated from the persuit which is good to see!

I am not saying he is slow, just he isn't at that combine speed

Agamemnon
03-25-2012, 01:54 PM

Give it some time, and you'll probably begin to understand that the people who the run the Broncos don't really know what they are doing. The truth is that your boy probably made a mistake coming to Denver if he really wants to win more Super Bowls before he retires.

Now I shall sit back and let the hate and indignation wash over me...

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Solaji I suspect, wanted to ge his deal done. Broncos weren't doing anything until Manning got settled. FA hasn't been the best solution in recent history for DL. Maybe start this thread in August when it's not 2 weeks into FA?

Really? Cause it doesn't look like the Broncos have much interest in a NT, I'm hoping for Cox/Still and Thompson/Reyes rounds one and two.

cutthemdown
03-25-2012, 04:26 PM
How would you know what it would take to get Wallace. You say THEY DONT HAVE TO OFFER HIM FITZ MONEY, but that is an assumption.

not to mention that QB is the biggest difference make in the NFL. So we add the greatest player at QB in last 10 yrs, at a position that is the most important on the football field, but to you its not a real difference making offseason? Go **** a goat.

DBroncos4life
03-25-2012, 04:39 PM
This. with a few exceptions, free agents rarely make a huge difference. Ask the Redskins, Cowboys, Shanahan in the 2000's, or the Eagles what signing a bunch of free agents accomplishes.
We do need to draft better, though. Hopefully a full year will allow the next one to work out better.

Well what this guys is saying is make trades. So that is a tad different then just signing guys off the street ;D. I'm all for Wallace but not if he is nuts and thinks he is going to get top WR money. Out of Williams, Forte, or Wallace I think it would be a hard choice between Wallace or Forte.

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 05:13 PM
How would you know what it would take to get Wallace. You say THEY DONT HAVE TO OFFER HIM FITZ MONEY, but that is an assumption.

not to mention that QB is the biggest difference make in the NFL. So we add the greatest player at QB in last 10 yrs, at a position that is the most important on the football field, but to you its not a real difference making offseason? Go **** a goat.

Who are you talking to?

bombay
03-25-2012, 05:19 PM

We need help there, without a doubt.

cutthemdown
03-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Who are you talking to?

You, i am telling you to go **** a goat.

cutthemdown
03-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Giving a ton to Wallace and a first round pick is a huge mistake the more I think about it. At first i was like, yeah that would be sweet, but in reality these FA wr never play the same for new team. Every team is different and takes adjusting to. Quite frankly Wallace nowhere near Calvin Johnson, or Larry Fitz in terms of making catches you say wow to. He just gets down field really fast. His hand are actually just above avg, nothing earth shattering.

Especially when you want the Broncos to build the front 7. Best thing to do is probably use 2 or 3 of our first 4 picks on defense. Not sure the offense needs another top end WR. Look for DT to turn into one of those 2nd tier studs. Not Calvin Johnson, but in that top 10 group.

CEH
03-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Curtis Lofton a 25 year old MLBer and leading tackler for an average defense is allowed to leave the ATL a team whose in win now mode and he's the answer here

I just don't get FA

Swedish Extrovert
03-25-2012, 05:44 PM

Welcome, former Colts fan :welcome:

John Elway prefers to build through the draft. It's cheaper and more long-term.

DBroncos4life
03-25-2012, 05:44 PM
I wish we would sign Rogers, Roth, and hopefully Freeney gets cut and we bring him in as well. Roth and Rogers help the run D and Freeney will help the pass rush.

orangenblue
03-25-2012, 06:18 PM

Do your home work. Who said Forte was available? He's under contract. Wallace? He wants to be the highest paid reciever in the NFL. Not going to happen. Nobody is going to pay him Fitgerald money. And, Broncos will get some D- lineman in the draft. We have a veteran in McGahee and RB's are a dime a dozen in the draft. I wouldn't waste my money at the RB position when you have an elite passer like Manning.

mhgaffney
03-25-2012, 06:31 PM
I think Knowshone will be a completely different player with Manning. He'll get more receptions than carries. Before he got hurt (yet again ) he seemed to be coming on. I think we got a pretty good 1 -2 punch at running back as we are. and surly we will draft one in the mid rounds.

yes!

no shown is really dangerous out of the backfield.

And this skill set has been under utilized, until now. But Manning is just the guy to make it happen.

CEH
03-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Free agents tend to be signed by the teams that erred the most in predicting their true worth. That’s why free agent signings turn out so disappointing so often.

I like that Denver has evalated each FA , assigned a true value by their scouts and will not overpay. Very rarely does the team that wins the FA sees his true value. In fact his true value will be more in line with one of the other teams that offer less

Solari is the only guy I wished we signed but he went back home

NUB
03-25-2012, 07:08 PM

We just signed a banged up, 36-year old QB. I don't think "long term" is on the menu.

cutthemdown
03-25-2012, 07:22 PM
You can still build long term at all the other spots. Also Elway could draft a young QB with an eye on the future.

NUB
03-25-2012, 07:29 PM
You can still build long term at all the other spots. Also Elway could draft a young QB with an eye on the future.

Yeah that sounds easy enough.

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 07:32 PM

You may want to educate yourself on all that cap space the Broncos have.

Good place to start:
http://t.co/LtSzUeFZ

ant1999e
03-25-2012, 07:33 PM

If this team is in win now mode, why aren't they targeting Mike Wallace with the late first round pick? They don't have to give him Fitzgerald money and they can back load the contract he is young! Why not try to get Matt Forte from Chicago? He was Chicagos offense! Imagine him with Manning under center! Those two are difference makers! Denver has the cap rsoom, those would signal win now moves, and both players are young proven difference makers! Then get one veteran DT and draft all defensive pieces, and this team would be dangerous! I just want more impact moves, and this team could be dangerous..
First off, you aren't a Broncos fan so don't say "fellow Broncos fans". You're a Manning fan. Unless you want to be the cause of Manning hate like the Tebowners did, I suggest you slow your roll.
You're right, you are the new guy. It may do you some good to research some.of.the mistakes the tebowners made.

Punisher
03-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Don't worry will draft the DT available

Swedish Extrovert
03-25-2012, 08:13 PM
We just signed a banged up, 36-year old QB. I don't think "long term" is on the menu.

Ummm, we didn't draft Manning.

Agamemnon
03-25-2012, 09:10 PM

Thanks for reminding me why I have Mightysmurf on ignore. "John Elway prefers to build through the draft." Oh that's rich. Hilarious!

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 09:17 PM
First off, you aren't a Broncos fan so don't say "fellow Broncos fans". You're a Manning fan. Unless you want to be the cause of Manning hate like the Tebowners did, I suggest you slow your roll.
You're right, you are the new guy. It may do you some good to research some.of.the mistakes the tebowners made.

First off I didnt say my fellow bronco fans. What am I the president? I do plenty of research on football, I am well rounded on teams, not a square to one team. Manning is the best QB to ever play on the Broncos, and he hasn't taken a snap yet. So you can slow ur roll.

Agamemnon
03-25-2012, 09:18 PM
First off I didnt say my fellow bronco fans. What am I the president? I do plenty of research on football, I am well rounded on teams, not a square to one team. Manning is the best QB to ever play on the Broncos, and he hasn't taken a snap yet. So you can slow ur roll.

Woah, woah, woah. You just crossed the line you're not supposed to cross...

baja
03-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Manning is better than Elway

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 09:20 PM
You, i am telling you to go **** a goat.

Nobody suggested to give Wallace Fitzgerald money. Read my posts I sure didn't. Your implying that, and are upset I brought truth to your face about the teams weakness and u think this is the team that's championship ready. I guess Manning will carry this team like he did Indy. God forbid I suggest I want more improvements. You can suck my dick after I **** that goat.

Agamemnon
03-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Manning is better than Elway

:spit:

No.

BroncoBeavis
03-25-2012, 09:21 PM

LOL

That is when he's not signing $100 million 36 year old QB's.

Hilarious!

baja
03-25-2012, 09:22 PM
:spit:

No.

Is there even a question about that.

baja
03-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Elway was closer to Tebow than Manning

Agamemnon
03-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Nobody suggested to give Wallace Fitzgerald money. Read my posts I sure didn't. Your implying that, and are upset I brought truth to your face about the teams weakness and u think this is the team that's championship ready. I guess Manning will carry this team like he did Indy. God forbid I suggest I want more improvements. You can fondle my genitals, and gently caress my cheek after I **** that goat.

I think I'm seeing where you are headed as a poster. Should be fun to watch...

Agamemnon
03-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Is there even a question about that.

No. There isn't. Manning isn't close to Elway. Not unless you think it's all about stats. But then Marino > Elway too if that's the case right? And if you think that you are more stupid than I give you credit for.

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 09:25 PM
I think I'm seeing where you are headed as a poster. Should be fun to watch...

Where am I headed?

Swedish Extrovert
03-25-2012, 09:27 PM
LOL

That is when he's not signing $100 million 36 year old QB's.

Hilarious!

1. We needed a QB.
2. Peyton is the best available.
3. It didn't cost us any draft picks.
4. We had more cap space than we would know what to do with. Even after the draft.

baja
03-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Where am I headed?

In the right direction if you rise the ire of armageddon.

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 09:37 PM

Mr. Humble

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 09:38 PM
In the right direction if you rise the ire of armageddon.

Lol! I don't, many people on here see perfection in imperfections?

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Mr. Humble

That's right, until I am unjustifiably attacked. I'm motngonna sit and take people's ****! I never once said I know how u guys feel, I'm a die hard bronco fan. I said I love Manning, we both want the same thing now, Bronco championships. I call it how I see it, if you can't handle how straight forward I am, don't read or comment what I say.

ant1999e
03-25-2012, 09:44 PM
****!!! First the Tebowners, now the Manning nob slobbers. Why not take your trash over to another board. Better yet, make up your own Peyton Manning message board.

Agamemnon
03-25-2012, 09:45 PM
That's right, until I am unjustifiably attacked. I'm motngonna sit and take people's ****! I never once said I know how u guys feel, I'm a die hard bronco fan. I said I love Manning, we both want the same thing now, Bronco championships. I call it how I see it, if you can't handle how straight forward I am, don't read or comment what I say.

I'm calling it now. The new MacGruder. Hilarious!

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 09:45 PM
I had two good talks with members on here who originally disagreed with me. But they took the time to talk it out, and I'm glad it happened. However some people hate hearing their team needs improvements.

Agamemnon
03-25-2012, 09:46 PM
I had two good talks with members on here who originally disagreed with me. But they took the time to talk it out, and I'm glad it happened. However some people hate hearing their team needs improvements.

LOL What the ****? Nearly every poster on this board goes on and on constantly about all the improvements we need.

Popcorn Sutton
Nobody suggested to give Wallace Fitzgerald money. Read my posts I sure didn't. Your implying that, and are upset I brought truth to your face about the teams weakness and u think this is the team that's championship ready. I guess Manning will carry this team like he did Indy. God forbid I suggest I want more improvements. You can fondle my genitals, and gently caress my cheek after I **** that goat.

Here's a little hint for you. Mike Wallace wants Fitzgerald money AND the Steelers have first right of refusal. You said you'd offer a contract half that size and back load it like you are somehow going to pull the wool over him and his agents eyes. Do some research. The Broncos are already at the 120 million ish cap. The remaining space is the carry over from last year. If the Broncos blow their wad and spend to the 27 million carry over from last season; there will be some serious cuts next year. You clearly don't have a grasp on the financial aspects of signing someone like Wallace AND Forte. You are the definition of an Armchair GM.

Bmore Manning
****!!! First the Tebowners, now the Manning nob slobbers. Why not take your trash over to another board. Better yet, make up your own Peyton Manning message board.

Says the guy with theb****ing Tim tebow icon! LOL

ant1999e
03-25-2012, 09:47 PM

Change that to "hate hearing arrogant Manning caulk suckers come in here and criticize our organization and our history".

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Here's a little hint for you. Mike Wallace wants Fitzgerald money AND the Steelers have first right of refusal. You said you'd offer a contract half that size and back load it like you are somehow going to pull the wool over him and his agents eyes. Do some research. The Broncos are already at the 120 million ish cap. The remaining space is the carry over from last year. If the Broncos blow their wad and spend to the 27 million carry over from last season; there will be some serious cuts next year. You clearly don't have a grasp on the financial aspects of signing someone like Wallace AND Forte. You are the definition of an Armchair GM.

You don't know me or what I know. You are just able to gang up on me cause your obviously jealous of me.

ant1999e
03-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Says the guy with theb****ing Tim tebow icon! LOL

I'm a broncos fan. Compare my join date to yours.

ant1999e
03-25-2012, 09:50 PM
You don't know me or what I know. You are just able to gang up on me cause your obviously jealous of me.

Jealous of a guy who has no real team, just follows his college crush around. Poor guy.LOL

Agamemnon
03-25-2012, 09:51 PM

A familiar pattern emerges... :wiggle:

baja
03-25-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm a broncos fan. Compare my join date to yours.

I joined 3 years before you and have 10 times the posts. I must be one hell of a fan, right?

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Jealous of a guy who has no real team, just follows his college crush around. Poor guy.LOL

Yeah I look real stupid enjoying watching the greatest QB of my generation and hopefully after another ring or two of all time. Your talking about history of this team and dealing with tebow and manning fans, yet you have a TEBOW icon! Hypocrit!!!!!! Your thoughts come off like an alcoholic.

ant1999e
03-25-2012, 09:55 PM
I joined 3 years before you and have 10 times the posts. I must be one hell of a fan, right?

You have a lot more time on your hands than I do. And you are very opinionated. :notworthy

baja
03-25-2012, 09:56 PM
You have a lot more time on your hands than I do. And you are very opinionated. :notworthy

LOL Opinionated, who me?

Bmore Manning
03-25-2012, 09:57 PM

You seem to be very upset with Manning here.. Tim, is that you?

DBroncos4life
03-25-2012, 09:58 PM

He has multiple accounts he can add to that total as well!

baja
03-25-2012, 09:59 PM
He has multiple accounts he can add to that total as well!

Ha you keep saying that. What are my other user names Einstein

ant1999e
03-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah I look real stupid enjoying watching the greatest QB of my generation and hopefully after another ring or two of all time. Your talking about history of this team and dealing with tebow and manning fans, yet you have a TEBOW icon! Hypocrit!!!!!! Your thoughts come off like an alcoholic.

Sorry my main priority in life isn't changing my avatar. I enjoyed watching Tebow play last year and will enjoy watching Manning for the next few so you really don't know what the f uc k you're talking about.
My point is you come in here, riding on Peytons balls and want to criticize our organization and disrespect our history by claiming that Manning is better than Elway. _i_O_i_
Just like the tebowners, you follow your player here and claim to be the see all, know all. Like we are a bunch of hillbilly idiots and you are here to show us the error of our ways.

ant1999e
03-25-2012, 10:02 PM
You seem to be very upset with Manning here.. Tim, is that you?

Talk about alcoholic. WTF are you talking about?

DBroncos4life
03-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Ha you keep saying that. What are my other user names Einstein

Pretty every troll account is yours.

baja
03-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Pretty every troll account is yours.

names, I want names...

DBroncos4life
03-25-2012, 10:14 PM
names, I want names...

Why did you forget some of them?

baja
03-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Why did you forget some of them?

You made the accusation

Broncolt
03-25-2012, 11:11 PM
No. There isn't. Manning isn't close to Elway. Not unless you think it's all about stats. But then Marino > Elway too if that's the case right? And if you think that you are more stupid than I give you credit for.

So whats your argument for elway > manning. is it superbowl appearances and rings?

R8R H8R
03-26-2012, 12:52 AM
And so it has begun.

Broncolt
03-26-2012, 04:43 AM
And so it has begun.

Eh, I'm just not too familiar with Elways career, besides the Superbowl runs he had.

Bmore Manning
03-26-2012, 05:11 AM
Sorry my main priority in life isn't changing my avatar. I enjoyed watching Tebow play last year and will enjoy watching Manning for the next few so you really don't know what the f uc k you're talking about.
My point is you come in here, riding on Peytons balls and want to criticize our organization and disrespect our history by claiming that Manning is better than Elway. _i_O_i_
Just like the tebowners, you follow your player here and claim to be the see all, know all. Like we are a bunch of hillbilly idiots and you are here to show us the error of our ways.

I merely offered suggestions, and said I hope that Denver does a better job than Indy did with surrounding Manning with talent. Manning is better than Elway, but that's not disrespecting Bronco history, it's stating my opinion, and the general consensus.

BroncoBeavis
03-26-2012, 05:50 AM
I merely offered suggestions, and said I hope that Denver does a better job than Indy did with surrounding Manning with talent. Manning is better than Elway, but that's not disrespecting Bronco history, it's stating my opinion, and the general consensus.

Maybe if Peypey wasn't so worried about gettin' paid?

Broncos_OTM
03-26-2012, 06:04 AM

Elway until the end was never surrounded by talent. He still carried this team to the Superbowl three times. If he had have had any talent like manning did on offense he would have won more. Peyton is a good regular season qb that can't get it done in thme playoffs like some of the greats. Manning and El way played in different eras. So to compare passing yardage is a bit weak. To each his own

Broncos_OTM
03-26-2012, 06:12 AM

There are31 teams every year that need help to win the SB.

BroncoBeavis
03-26-2012, 07:12 AM
There are31 teams every year that need help to win the SB.

Yeah, and let's not forget that PM wouldn't even have gotten that far without quite a bit of help from a guy named Rex Grossman.

ant1999e
03-26-2012, 07:56 AM

You don't come into someones house and shyt on their carpet.

Popcorn Sutton
03-26-2012, 07:59 AM

Must be easy to sit back in that comphy chair and dream up possibilities.

1. Sign Manning
2. Sign Wallace (restricted)
3. Sign Forte (who's spoken for and not even on the trade block)
4. Trade away the entire draft to move up and grab Luke Kuechly

Anything else?

The Broncos are currently standing at about 120 million in cap. Who should they cut to get all these players?

Lay it on us Mr. Not That Impressed. Show us your mad skilllz.

strafen
03-26-2012, 08:02 AM
It looks like Bmore Manning is our Tebow version of agamememememeneon, broncos beavis and Mcgruder.
Talking now about having to put up with Manning zealots.
It never ends, folks!

DENVERDUI55
03-26-2012, 08:19 AM
It looks like Bmore Manning is our Tebow version of agamememememeneon, broncos beavis and Mcgruder.
Talking now about having to put up with Manning zealots.
It never ends, folks!

That is a breath of fresh air though. Tebowners are getting old.

Bmore Manning
03-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Maybe if Peypey wasn't so worried about gettin' paid?

He has taken pay cut after pay cut in Indy. Do you understand he can't play for free? That would keep other QBs who are due to be paid, the inability to make $. Since everyone would say look Peyton is playing for free. Best in the game should be paid like it to set the market value for franchise QBs.

Bmore Manning
03-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Elway until the end was never surrounded by talent. He still carried this team to the Superbowl three times. If he had have had any talent like manning did on offense he would have won more. Peyton is a good regular season qb that can't get it done in thme playoffs like some of the greats. Manning and El way played in different eras. So to compare passing yardage is a bit weak. To each his own

You really sound like someone who lives under a Denver Broncos rock. Manning makes everyone around him better. He never had a great RB, like Terrell Davis.. Always had a soft putrid D that was exposed in the playoffs, hadn't really had a great offensive line either. Indy always overpaid for their own, and Manning had that same 2-14 team from last year in the Super Bowl just two years before that. Manning is leaps and bounds the best QB to ever play the game he just doesn't have all the SBs.

Bmore Manning
03-26-2012, 08:45 AM
Must be easy to sit back in that comphy chair and dream up possibilities.

1. Sign Manning
2. Sign Wallace (restricted)
3. Sign Forte (who's spoken for and not even on the trade block)
4. Trade away the entire draft to move up and grab Luke Kuechly

Anything else?

The Broncos are currently standing at about 120 million in cap. Who should they cut to get all these players?

Lay it on us Mr. Not That Impressed. Show us your mad skilllz.

1. Has been done.
2. I wouldn't offer Wallace Fitz money.
3. He is unhappy with his team and wants out the writing is on the wall.
4. When did I ever say trade up for Kluechy?

bendog
03-26-2012, 08:50 AM
He has taken pay cut after pay cut in Indy. Do you understand he can't play for free? That would keep other QBs who are due to be paid, the inability to make $. Since everyone would say look Peyton is playing for free. Best in the game should be paid like it to set the market value for franchise QBs.

You will go crazy if you take Beavis seriously. Anyone paying attention know Peyton adjusted his contract to fit cap issues, and Indy just isn't that big an financial market to sell huge amounts of suite and club seats. The irony is that Den was actually punished for violating the cap with one of Elway's contract adjustments that allowed some cap manuevering.

ant1999e
03-26-2012, 09:04 AM
That is a breath of fresh air though. Tebowners are getting old.

A turd is a turd.

BroncoBeavis
03-26-2012, 09:14 AM

Sorry but there's little evidence Peyton is the best in the game anymore. The fact that he just cuffed us with the highest QB contract in the league is all you really need to know.

But at this point in their careers, I'd take Brady or Rodgers in a heartbeat over Manning.

DENVERDUI55
03-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Sorry but there's little evidence Peyton is the best in the game anymore. The fact that he just cuffed us with the highest QB contract in the league is all you really need to know.

But at this point in their careers, I'd take Brady or Rodgers in a heartbeat over Manning.

Even at 70 percent Manning is still 10x better than what we had last year.

BroncoBeavis
03-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Even at 70 percent Manning is still 10x better than what we had last year.

It's what we would've had this year and in the future that counts. But that's all water under the bridge.

The point is that paying a past-his-prime player like he's the best in the league (by a long shot) doesn't help the Denver Broncos put more talent around Peyton.

I'm honestly not sure at this point (if he wants to win) why he's not happy to get paid more like Aaron Rodgers or his brother Eli.

The NFL salary is only a small part of what Mr Endorsement earns in a year anyway.

Win now is expensive. You can't do it with a bunch of late-round rooks.

Popcorn Sutton
03-26-2012, 09:28 AM
1. Has been done.
2. I wouldn't offer Wallace Fitz money.
3. He is unhappy with his team and wants out the writing is on the wall.
4. When did I ever say trade up for Kluechy?

I figured that was next since you're throwing crap against the wall.

Show me where Wallace is unhappy with being a Steeler...? He is unhappy with his salary. Two different things.

In order to get Wallace on this roster, he would have to agree to terms on a new deal. Then the Steelers would have the option to match it. If we lowball him and he accepts it (not likely), the Steelers would simply match it. For all the talk of being disappointed, you don't offer up any realistic avenues to do any better.

It's been well documented that teams have reached out to Wallace and when his contract demands were discussed the conversation ended. Why do you think that is?

IronHog
03-26-2012, 11:07 AM
He was referring to Forte being unhappy and wanting out.

I figured that was next since you're throwing crap against the wall.

Show me where Wallace is unhappy with being a Steeler...? He is unhappy with his salary. Two different things.

In order to get Wallace on this roster, he would have to agree to terms on a new deal. Then the Steelers would have the option to match it. If we lowball him and he accepts it (not likely), the Steelers would simply match it. For all the talk of being disappointed, you don't offer up any realistic avenues to do any better.

It's been well documented that teams have reached out to Wallace and when his contract demands were discussed the conversation ended. Why do you think that is?

IronHog
03-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Great thread, and I have to say I am with those who think throwing a bunch of $ at RB and WR is not going to get us to the promised land. Bmore, you can refrain from paying Wallace Larry Fitz $ but he is not going to sign with you. Did you even read the SacBee article? He would be fine with just signing the tender and starting a bidding war for his services in 2013 free agency.

BroncoBen
03-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Nah We're going with plan "A" which is Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning and Peyton Manning.

Pretty much... you figure if the Broncos can make the play-offs with Timmy Tebow... what could they have done with Peyton Manning leading the team.

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Bmore manning > macgruder

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-26-2012, 11:18 AM
BroncoBens Profile photos > all profile photos.

IronHog
03-26-2012, 11:23 AM

This!

Popcorn Sutton
03-26-2012, 11:36 AM
He was referring to Forte being unhappy and wanting out.

Yeah, he was. Regardless, BMore's ideas still stink of fantasy and armchair GM talk.

The Broncos payroll is already nearing the 120 million cap set for this season.

The free cap space being reported includes 27 million carry over from last year and it can only apply towards this season. The Broncos could spend that 27 million but they would have to adjust downward next season (cut salary) to get back under the cap.

TonyR
03-26-2012, 11:44 AM
...I'd take Brady or Rodgers in a heartbeat over Manning.

Okay. But I'm not aware that either of them were UFA's this year like Peyton Manning was.

BroncoBeavis
03-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Pretty much... you figure if the Broncos can make the play-offs with Timmy Tebow... what could they have done with Peyton Manning leading the team.

They could've lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Playoffs. Easily.

BroncoBeavis
03-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Okay. But I'm not aware that either of them were UFA's this year like Peyton Manning was.

I understand that. I'm just not sure why, if Peyton's all about the team and winning games, he needed to extract more valuable cap cash from his team than other QBs who are better at this point in their careers.

BroncoBeavis
03-26-2012, 12:18 PM

Ben was last year's champ. Heyneck has yet to be unseated this year.

R8R H8R
03-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Eh, I'm just not too familiar with Elways career, besides the Superbowl runs he had.

I was talking more about the fact that we just had a group of "Tebow" only fans come here and try to take over this board by non-stop Tebow praise, but their mistake was making it clear, either directly or indirectly, that they have absolutely no loyalty or respect to the Broncos and their history, what so ever. Elway was **** in their minds.

If I can give any of you Manning fans any advice, and if you actually want to be considered a valued member of this community and not just a Manning troll, and that is respect the Broncos and their history, and whatever you do, don't get into shouting matches about Manning being better than Elway. You don't have to believe it, I would just stay away from the argument, if I was you.

Elway is an icon, not just with the Broncos because he is the Denver Broncos, but in the state of Colorado.

Bmore Manning
03-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Great thread, and I have to say I am with those who think throwing a bunch of $ at RB and WR is not going to get us to the promised land. Bmore, you can refrain from paying Wallace Larry Fitz $ but he is not going to sign with you. Did you even read the SacBee article? He would be fine with just signing the tender and starting a bidding war for his services in 2013 free agency.

I agree it's not practical or realistic, I think what I didn't express well was I want more from the front office. I want Manning to have some help for once, where he isn't hurting his neck carrying the weight of his team on his back! Lol..

BroncoBeavis
03-26-2012, 12:33 PM
I was talking more about the fact that we just had a group of "Tebow" only fans come here and try to take over this board by non-stop Tebow praise, but their mistake was making it clear, either directly or indirectly, that they have absolutely no loyalty or respect to the Broncos and their history, what so ever. Elway was **** in their minds.

If I can give any of you Manning fans any advice, and if you actually want to be considered a valued member of this community and not just a Manning troll, and that is respect the Broncos and their history, and whatever you do, don't get into shouting matches about Manning being better than Elway. You don't have to believe it, I would just stay away from the argument, if I was you.

Elway is an icon, not just with the Broncos because he is the Broncos, but in the state of Colorado.

Some people saw it as a nuthugger takeover. Others saw it as response to constant Anti-Tebow trolling.

The fact that Tebow is gone yet the troll threads keep coming should tell you which angle is closer to reality.

R8R H8R
03-26-2012, 12:58 PM
I agree it's not practical or realistic, I think what I didn't express well was I want more from the front office. I want Manning to have some help for once, where he isn't hurting his neck carrying the weight of his team on his back! Lol..

The best thing that EFX can do for Manning is to keep building the defense. It will make his job much easier. Heck, most on this board have been screaming for a DT for a hundred years it seems.

The offense already has a real nice core of young players that will only get better with another year of experience and Manning will make them better. All they need, imo, is another RB and depth at WR (Cadwell?) and OL. They can get that in the draft.

This team can get loads better immediately with an impact DT, a 3 down MLB(maybe Irving?), and we need to get younger and better at DB, particularly CB. It is apparent that we will do most of this in the draft.

broncswin
03-26-2012, 01:26 PM
I would be all for adding Stewart with our third...signing him long term...bringing in some DT in FA...then going all in on D in the draft

Agamemnon
03-26-2012, 02:19 PM

Drew Brees as well.