PDA

View Full Version : NFL pre-draft power rankings - Denver top 10

BroncoBen
03-23-2012, 09:09 PM
ESPN just released its pre-draft Power Rankings, after the first wave of free agent signings.
Denver came in #8... Wow.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56065/espn-coms-nfl-pre-draft-power-rankings

errand
03-23-2012, 09:12 PM
I wonder what our ranking was prior to signing Manning?

Kid A
03-23-2012, 09:14 PM
I wonder what our ranking was prior to signing Manning?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/week/18

After Week 18 of last year they were at 14. Steelers were ranked 6th at that time, so...

Broncobiv
03-23-2012, 09:14 PM
IB4 "these rankings are stupid - there are a ton of moves to be made before the season starts."

strafen
03-23-2012, 09:17 PM
WTF?!
LOL! <TABLE><TBODY><TR class="alt alt-bg"><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" vAlign=top>32

</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" vAlign=top width=100>http://assets.espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/sml/trans/ind.gifColts
2-14</TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" vAlign=top>Indianapolis could draft first again in 2013. Matt Barkley could bring a nice trade package. (Kuharsky)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56065/espn-coms-nfl-pre-draft-power-rankings

Tombstone RJ
03-23-2012, 09:32 PM
oh, the joy of power rankings...

strafen
03-23-2012, 09:39 PM
IB4 "these rankings are stupid - there are a ton of moves to be made before the season starts."

There you have it...
oh, the joy of power rankings...

NUB
03-23-2012, 09:50 PM
I'd drop Pittsburgh and New Orleans down further. I'd put Atlanta/Philly/Cincy higher than Denver. Even with Manning, I don't see that much separation between Denver and the rest of the AFC West. Cupcake offenses made Denver's defense look a lot better than it really is a lot of the time last year; it has serious/critical issues that went completely untouched during free agency. Offense is lacking and the run-game will not be remotely the same without Tebow doing hard options. Better pick up more talent at that position. Better pick up more talent at a lot of positions.

BroncoBen
03-23-2012, 09:51 PM

Yeah I agree with you to a certain extent, I read them because they are based on what some of the 'talking heads' get paid for, to study up on teams and write articles.

Gives me a snapshot to agree or disagree with on where I think teams should be ranked.

Its funny that the Colts are at the bottom again at 32, but you figure this is suppose to be a snapshot of the teams today with the current signings, cuts and trades.

Next week it will be different.

Hamrob
03-23-2012, 09:59 PM
We made it to the final 8 last year with Tebow.

So, the hell with the rankings.....we finished last year at 8 (period).

So, watch out NFL!!!

Tombstone RJ
03-23-2012, 09:59 PM
I'd drop Pittsburgh and New Orleans down further. I'd put Atlanta/Philly/Cincy higher than Denver. Even with Manning, I don't see that much separation between Denver and the rest of the AFC West. Cupcake offenses made Denver's defense look a lot better than it really is a lot of the time last year; it has serious/critical issues that went completely untouched during free agency. Offense is lacking and the run-game will not be remotely the same without Tebow doing hard options. Better pick up more talent at that position. Better pick up more talent at a lot of positions.

Right now, everything is speculation and this is why these power rankings are meaningless. The only thing they are good for is to generate controversy and to get people talking.

NUB
03-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Right now, everything is speculation and this is why these power rankings are meaningless. The only thing they are good for is to generate controversy and to get people talking.

Of course they're meaningless, but you can still get a good feel for how teams will do next season with or without ranking them. For example, the Steelers are getting old and burnt out. They are just about ready for a bad season and some coaching retirements. Saints getting hit hard with all kinds of controversy and that hurts talent in many ways. Cincy/Houston/Philly/Atlanta all have pieces to have very good years and are the kind of teams you look out for to really carve out their places.

Dutch
03-23-2012, 10:55 PM

Atlanta has had some losses in FA and the local fan base here is up in arms. As for the Defense against cupcake O's, what the hell do they do when they are on the field for 3.5 quarters of 3 and out football courtesy of our offense? As for Cincy, they will be their own worst enemy as usual.

R8R H8R
03-23-2012, 11:20 PM
#8? That's fair. I can live w/ that, sure beats being in the bottom 1/3 which is what we have been at the last couple of years. The respect is finally being given and deserved.

Bronco Rob
03-23-2012, 11:32 PM
8.) Denver Broncos If healthy, Peyton Manning should lift all of the Broncos' boats. We've already got them as tops in the division and they'll still be adding pieces around him.

15.)San Diego Chargers They did a nice job recovering from Vincent Jackson's departure. But the head coach is still the same and until Norv Turner breaks through with the Chargers, a lot of people are going to presume he cannot.

17.) Kansas City Chiefs Getting healthy will make a big difference for the Chiefs, who are under new leadership with Romeo Crennel. But is that enough to make up ground in the AFC West?

26.) Oakland Raiders A new GM and a new coach are overseeing a roster that's been dented by a lot of salary-cap cuts. Carson Palmer's a question mark as they try to get it together.

ZONA
03-24-2012, 12:34 AM
How strange. I remember last year when Elway said something like "lifting boats" and everybody was what the hell is that saying and now you see it on this ESPN thing. Honestly I have never heard of that saying. Must be really really old school or something.

Doggcow
03-24-2012, 12:40 AM
How strange. I remember last year when Elway said something like "lifting boats" and everybody was what the hell is that saying and now you see it on this ESPN thing. Honestly I have never heard of that saying. Must be really really old school or something.

Lol I remember that, I was like "Wtf are you talking about Elway?"

lonestar
03-24-2012, 12:45 AM

It is an old nautical term based on an incoming tide lifts all boats..

Obvious that many have never been on anything larger than a 15 footer..