PDA

View Full Version : What about Curtis Lofton at LB?

SoonerBronco
03-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Has he signed anywhere yet?

Bmore Manning
03-23-2012, 06:27 PM
I can't fathom why the front office would want Mays back when Lofton and Hawthorne are out there..

broncswin
03-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Irving is why..but we paid way too much for Mays!!

Requiem
03-23-2012, 07:09 PM
I can't fathom why the front office would want Mays back when Lofton and Hawthorne are out there..

Cause they drafted Nate Irving who they think highly of.

oubronco
03-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Sign Lofton NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UberBroncoMan
03-23-2012, 07:26 PM
We're going with Irving. Mays is getting 12 mill over 3 years with 4 mill guaranteed. This means he can be cut after this year and we won't take a cap hit. It's essentially a one year contract for Mays with the option to keep him on board if Irving isn't progressing.

We would NOT have paid Mays 4 mill this year if we had any intention to sign another MLB. Forget about it.

Ratboy
03-23-2012, 07:56 PM
I'd go all in with Irving too. Worst case, he can't cut it, and he resort to throwing in Mays.

DENVERDUI55
03-23-2012, 08:02 PM
We're going with Irving. Mays is getting 12 mill over 3 years with 4 mill guaranteed. This means he can be cut after this year and we won't take a cap hit. It's essentially a one year contract for Mays with the option to keep him on board if Irving isn't progressing.

We would NOT have paid Mays 4 mill this year if we had any intention to sign another MLB. Forget about it.

This^.

strafen
03-23-2012, 08:07 PM
A good defensive draft, Del Rio at the helm...and we could manage to put a sound defensive team on the field...

baja
03-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Del Rio will make Mays a more effective player. This signing is by request of Del Rio

Bmore Manning
03-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Del Rio will make Mays a more effective player. This signing is by request of Del Rio

Do you have a link for that...

KevinJames
03-23-2012, 08:45 PM

Don't need a link for it. It makes sense he had his pick of Tulloch, Mays, Lofton, and McClain at the time Denver picked Mays.

He must see something in Mays he can coach up and make him an effective player.

I never got why Dennis Allen used him in nickel tho......

Bmore Manning
03-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Don't need a link for it. It makes sense he had his pick of Tulloch, Mays, Lofton, and McClain at the time Denver picked Mays.

He must see something in Mays he can coach up and make him an effective player.

I never got why Dennis Allen used him in nickel tho......

No they resigned him cause they clearly were scared the market was going to command top dollar for MLB. I don't have a link but it must be true. His cap hit is under 4 million.. It's not like they can't get someone else... I still say Hawthorne or Grant..

baja
03-23-2012, 08:57 PM

wwwmyopinion.com

Tombstone RJ
03-23-2012, 09:08 PM

I doubt this. As others have stated its a one year contract that is basically saying the future belongs to Irving. Mays may be the starting MLBer going into the season but IMO the coaching staff wants Irving to be the starting MLBer by the end of the season and going into 2013.

uplink
03-23-2012, 09:33 PM
wwwmyopinion.com

There was an article written saying Del Rio thought he could improve Mays game. Don't remember the source, but I read it a few weeks back.

baja
03-23-2012, 09:48 PM
There was an article written saying Del Rio thought he could improve Mays game. Don't remember the source, but I read it a few weeks back.

It's not hard to reason these things out. Del Rio is the new DC - they sign Mays for 4 mil when the could have had other FAs for nearly the same money but didn't = Del Rio wants him because he sees something he wants to work with.

Bmore Manning
03-24-2012, 04:32 AM
It's not hard to reason these things out. Del Rio is the new DC - they sign Mays for 4 mil when the could have had other FAs for nearly the same money but didn't = Del Rio wants him because he sees something he wants to work with.

Or.. They thought the MLB market was going to be expensive after dqwell Jackson's deal, and didn't want to go there..

rugbythug
03-24-2012, 07:36 AM
The complaining about mays deal is unjustified. Maybe he was overpaid by 1 million or something, but in reality it is not going to make any difference on the team make up.

Rabb
03-24-2012, 08:03 AM
The complaining about mays deal is unjustified. Maybe he was overpaid by 1 million or something, but in reality it is not going to make any difference on the team make up.

yeah no kidding, the whining about this is just getting stupid

but honestly, we find anything we can to bitch about...never mind that the FO has knocked FA out of the park as well as last year's draft if you ask me

barryr
03-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Lofton signs 5 year deal with the Saints, who likely replaces Vilma who may be facing suspension from the bounty stuff.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/18026331/saints-sign-linebacker-curtis-loftin-to-fiveyear-deal-trouble-for-vilma

Broncoman13
03-25-2012, 10:15 AM
yeah no kidding, the whining about this is just getting stupid

but honestly, we find anything we can to b**** about...never mind that the FO has knocked FA out of the park as well as last year's draft if you ask me

Really, curious what you liked about last year's draft? What exactly made you say they knocked that one out of the park? They hit on the #2 overall pick. 99% of OManers called for Von Miller, Dareus or Peterson with that pick. That's like hitting a homerun with a 200 ft fence.

Rahim Moore- F (Nate Irving at least has some hope... Moore made Alphonso Smith look productive!)

Orlando Franklin C+ (He did start a lot of games, even if he is a player most want replaced)

Nate Irving- D (Couldn't even find the field at Mike despite it being a very weak position when occupied by Mays)

Quinton Carter- B (Stepped in a played at an average level, maybe even above average. Their is promise for him to be an average starter for the years to come. For a 4th round pick, can't complain there!)

Julius Thomas- C- (Showed a ton of promise during TC, then failed to show up at all in games. Potential displayed during TC gets him a C-)

Mohamed, Green, Beal- They're late round picks so no point grading them. Green did stick so decent job there by the staff... then again, he is now suspended for PEDs (and being an idiot).

Overall, b/c of Von Miller the grade is probably a B-. Take Von Miller out of the equation and you're looking at a D. Again, you could put Patrick Peterson, Von Miller, or Dareus in their at #2 overall and still end up with a B- grade. Not like that was super drafting or something.

winstoncup bronco
03-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Really, curious what you liked about last year's draft? What exactly made you say they knocked that one out of the park? They hit on the #2 overall pick. 99% of OManers called for Von Miller, Dareus or Peterson with that pick. That's like hitting a homerun with a 200 ft fence.

Rahim Moore- F (Nate Irving at least has some hope... Moore made Alphonso Smith look productive!)

Orlando Franklin C+ (He did start a lot of games, even if he is a player most want replaced)

Nate Irving- D (Couldn't even find the field at Mike despite it being a very weak position when occupied by Mays)

Quinton Carter- B (Stepped in a played at an average level, maybe even above average. Their is promise for him to be an average starter for the years to come. For a 4th round pick, can't complain there!)

Julius Thomas- C- (Showed a ton of promise during TC, then failed to show up at all in games. Potential displayed during TC gets him a C-)

Mohamed, Green, Beal- They're late round picks so no point grading them. Green did stick so decent job there by the staff... then again, he is now suspended for PEDs (and being an idiot).

Overall, b/c of Von Miller the grade is probably a B-. Take Von Miller out of the equation and you're looking at a D. Again, you could put Patrick Peterson, Von Miller, or Dareus in their at #2 overall and still end up with a B- grade. Not like that was super drafting or something.

Great post Alex. For some reason, these points get overlooked, intentionally or otherwise.

The defense was so devoid of talent that any of those three guys would have been major upgrades. Add in the fact that sacks are the sexiest of all defensive stats, and it's easy to see how on the surface you can get people to believe this.

I am so disappointed in Moore. I thought he was going to be an Ed Reed lite type of player. It's only one year, but damn, when your 2nd round pick is glued to the bench, it doesn't look too promising.