PDA

View Full Version : Ty Warren

Kaylore
03-23-2012, 03:24 PM
What's the news with this guy? He is still "there." I feel like he's flying under the radar. Either he's going to be released in camp, injured (or both) or he could fill in for Bunkley this year. He's only 31. Thoughts?

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-23-2012, 03:25 PM
He's had 2 years to eat a lot of cheeseburgers. Im betting he's got a lot to go to get into game shape.

g6matty
03-23-2012, 03:26 PM
he hasnt played since 09

TheReverend
03-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Pretty sure he's big enough now to take up both DT spots.

bendog
03-23-2012, 03:48 PM
http://5lbsatatime.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/mcdonalds1.jpg

OBF1
03-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Even if he does not play, he is as good as anyone else on the roster at the position.

cutthemdown
03-23-2012, 03:51 PM
His injury last yr wasn't the type you worry about being chronic though right? Didn't he tear a pectoral muscle or something?

He supposedly looked really good before he went down. For all we know they are gearing up to cut him once the draft is over, but just as easily they could think he is coming back and starting. Who knows just have to wait and see what happens with him.

He's a good player though when healthy.

Gort
03-23-2012, 03:52 PM
http://5lbsatatime.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/mcdonalds1.jpg

hamburgers have been replaced.

behold! pizza in a cone.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/the-thursday-dar-34.jpg

R8R H8R
03-23-2012, 04:00 PM
His injury last yr wasn't the type you worry about being chronic though right? Didn't he tear a pectoral muscle or something?

He supposedly looked really good before he went down. For all we know they are gearing up to cut him once the draft is over, but just as easily they could think he is coming back and starting. Who knows just have to wait and see what happens with him.

Could be the reason the Broncos have lacked any sense of urgency concerning the DT position. Maybe they feel good about his re-hab, and have a strong belief that they can draft a guy or two that can contribute right away.

Otherwise, we're screwed.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Pizza cone. Get in mah bellie.

Lestat
03-23-2012, 04:31 PM
i know it can't be good for me, but God i want a Pizza Cone.

behold! pizza in a cone.

Taco John
03-23-2012, 04:36 PM
http://sheffspace.com/HomerMmmm.jpg

TheReverend
03-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Dear God...

I'm dehydrated and literally starving since this is my last week of that transformation contest, so this is literally painful to scroll through.

Mediator12
03-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Pizza Cone!

Oh yeah, sick as a dog for the last 2 days, but damn I am going to have a pizza cone for my birthday as Indiana beats Kentucky tonight!

HILife
03-23-2012, 04:55 PM

behold! pizza in a cone.

That really looks good.

HILife
03-23-2012, 04:57 PM
http://www.3sistersracing.com/Images/vegas5.jpg

DBroncos4life
03-23-2012, 05:17 PM
I think he will be fine. I thought he was pretty impressive before the injury and all we need is for him to play 48% of the snaps to equal Bunkley.

Ray Finkle
03-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Dear God...

I'm dehydrated and literally starving since this is my last week of that transformation contest, so this is literally painful to scroll through.

Que Buffalo Bill scene from silence of the lambs LOL

gyldenlove
03-23-2012, 05:38 PM

Yeah same injury Dumervil had the year before.

ZONA
03-23-2012, 06:40 PM
I think he will be fine. I thought he was pretty impressive before the injury and all we need is for him to play 48% of the snaps to equal Bunkley.

Yup. I actually thought he was a little better then Bunkley to be honest. If he can come back and play at the level he was before the injury, we'll have a really solid starting DT. Now we just need to draft a few more to develop.

broncosteven
03-23-2012, 06:47 PM
I hope he is in the mix, if he is camp bait no big loss but if he can eat up space and allow Von Doom to get the QB then good.

theAPAOps5
03-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Pizza cone! That is freaking genius!

KipCorrington25
03-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Pumpin' iron and eatin'

RunSilentRunDeep
03-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Yeah same injury Dumervil had the year before.

It wasn't his pectoral, it was his triceps. He's supposed to be just getting back to 100% now.

BroncoBeavis
03-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Seems like the guy's due to get over the bad luck. Didn't realize he's only 31. I guess you never know.

I remember everyone had pretty much written Demaryius off early on this season.

lonestar
03-23-2012, 08:49 PM
If he has not had any playing time in the last two years that means he is a 32 year old in a 29 year old body should give him a few more productive years than normal.

That said we still need to bring in some rotational players to give him rest at mile
High. Therefore allowing them to work alongside a good vet while learning the tricks.

Dedhed
03-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Pretty sure he's big enough now to take up both DT spots.
That's convenient, because I think he's the only DT on the roster.

Dedhed
03-23-2012, 09:07 PM
If he has not had any playing time in the last two years that means he is a 32 year old in a 29 year old body should give him a few more productive years than normal.

I find this logic awkward. Because his body gave out on him the last two years it's more likely that he'll play longer? hmmm

baja
03-23-2012, 09:18 PM
too much junk food - it catches up with ya

theStifmeister
03-23-2012, 09:25 PM
I understand lonestars logic. He had a torn labrum in his hip, which those injuries sometimes do linger. Then last year he tore his triceps, which a lot of guys recover from. A little extra time for his injury might have helped him salvage HOPEFULLY 1 good year left or two

Nwp-Apap
03-23-2012, 09:26 PM

I don't know who you were watching because he looked absolutely awful in his few snaps before the injury last preseason. He was constantly being pushed back or even tossed on his ass.

Dutch
03-23-2012, 09:48 PM
I find this logic awkward. Because his body gave out on him the last two years it's more likely that he'll play longer? hmmm

Come on Ded. His injury last year was due to his arm being landed on at an angle it wasn't meant to go. Quit being such a whinger just because we haven't overpaid for anyone's services at DT yet (I'm sorry, but Bunk was overpaid by NO. Bet he wishes now, in lue of the ass-reaming Roger gave the Saints....not to mention the signing of Peyton, that he had stayed here). Fox and the rest of the D staff may like what they have in Sealver Siliga after a year of coaching as well. I'm also curious about how Kevin Vickerson is doing. If both of those guys are getting healthy and are going to be ready, maybe they resign Thomas, draft a youngster, school up Unger and go to work. I just think with Fox and JDR's backgrounds that they probably have a plan in place, and frankly....I trust 'em on that side of the ball completely. Breathe Ded, just breathe....better yet :puff:, relax man.

Dr. Broncenstein
03-23-2012, 10:02 PM
PIZZA CONE

Dedhed
03-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Come on Ded. His injury last year was due to his arm being landed on at an angle it wasn't meant to go. Quit being such a whinger just because we haven't overpaid for anyone's services at DT yet (I'm sorry, but Bunk was overpaid by NO. Bet he wishes now, in lue of the ass-reaming Roger gave the Saints....not to mention the signing of Peyton, that he had stayed here). Fox and the rest of the D staff may like what they have in Sealver Siliga after a year of coaching as well. I'm also curious about how Kevin Vickerson is doing. If both of those guys are getting healthy and are going to be ready, maybe they resign Thomas, draft a youngster, school up Unger and go to work. I just think with Fox and JDR's backgrounds that they probably have a plan in place, and frankly....I trust 'em on that side of the ball completely. Breathe Ded, just breathe....better yet :puff:, relax man.

It still smacks of a "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" scenario.

Tombstone RJ
03-23-2012, 10:23 PM
I understand lonestars logic. He had a torn labrum in his hip, which those injuries sometimes do linger. Then last year he tore his triceps, which a lot of guys recover from. A little extra time for his injury might have helped him salvage HOPEFULLY 1 good year left or two

the question is IF Ty Warren can come back and play, will he be able to stay healthy?

He's been out of the game for 2 years. That's a long time. He's gonna have to get into condition before training camp, then have a good training camp (aka no injuries) then be able to play in the pre-season, and then make it through a full season and hopefully the playoffs.

He's not going to do it. He's simply not.

Dutch
03-23-2012, 10:34 PM
It still smacks of a "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" scenario.

I don't agree on this one, and I do get where you are coming from (we've been burned by enough of these kind of free agent signings in the past....see Shannahan era). The freak collision that took out Warren (arm trapped between two players) would have taken out anyone. Tricepts tear, nothing to do with conditioning. Nothing "Fooling" about this one.

Dedhed
03-23-2012, 10:40 PM
I don't agree on this one, and I do get where you are coming from (we've been burned by enough of these kind of free agent signings in the past....see Shannahan era). The freak collision that took out Warren (arm trapped between two players) would have taken out anyone. Tricepts tear, nothing to do with conditioning. Nothing "Fooling" about this one.

The thing about injuries is that they can appear to be freak accidents, but it's really more to do with getting yourself in awkward positions. When you start to lose a step, or get pushed around more, you get put in more awkward positions and become more injury prone.

I hope the dude comes back 100% and tears it up, but I'm skeptical.

Dutch
03-23-2012, 10:46 PM
The thing about injuries is that they can appear to be freak accidents, but it's really more to do with getting yourself in awkward positions. When you start to lose a step, or get pushed around more, you get put in more awkward positions and become more injury prone.

I hope the dude comes back 100% and tears it up, but I'm skeptical.

I hear you, man. I just feel like, with the way our front office is making the moves they are....there must be a plan in place for the front 7. God knows I hope so.

lonestar
03-24-2012, 12:18 AM

A torn muscle is hardly his body giving out on him.. not sure about the year before..

but he should be well rested from the war that happens on the LOS each and every play..

giving his body time to heal and extra time for conditioning..

Perhaps with the newbie trainer things like this will be fewer and farther in between..

lonestar
03-24-2012, 12:22 AM

good to know that not everyone is a maroon..

the LOS is a tough place to earn a living.. they get beat up on every snap unlike all other positions..

for all intents and purposes his longevity was increased by two years..

just think two more years for a few morons to hate on him.. just made their day..

Beantown Bronco
03-24-2012, 06:10 AM
People keep throwing around this "2 years" thing with him, but in reality, he hasn't been good for like 4.