PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Tamme agrees to terms with Denver

COBronc78
03-23-2012, 01:09 PM
AdamSchefter

Denver reached agreement on a three-year, $9 million deal with former Colt Jacob Tamme, who will be reunited with Broncos Peyton Manning.

BroncoBen
03-23-2012, 01:10 PM
:woowoo:

Chris
03-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Wow. 2 TE sets indeed. Sorry Orange Julius.

UberBroncoMan
03-23-2012, 01:11 PM
What does this say about Julius Thomas and Virgil Green...

g6matty
03-23-2012, 01:12 PM

there still not ready and were considered projects from the start. we needed atleast 2 guys because we just lost our starter and back up. be patient with them guys!

CEH
03-23-2012, 01:12 PM
The oft injured Cornilus Ingrahm as well

BroncoBen
03-23-2012, 01:13 PM

Says the Broncos want some experience at the TE position because the TEs will be used in the offense this season...

cmhargrove
We have a good max protect package now as well. Two solid TE's that can catch and block. I'm liking this...

And, I guess all of us that liked Fleener can take him off the board. I guess that's fine because we have more needs than a high pick on TE right now.

UberBroncoMan
there still not ready and were considered projects from the start. we needed atleast 2 guys because we just lost our starter and back up. be patient with them guys!

Well we ran with 4 TE's on the active roster last year so I guess we'll do that again.

Chris
03-23-2012, 01:14 PM
We have a good max protect package now as well. Two solid TE's that can catch and block. I'm liking this...

And, I guess all of us that liked Fleener can take him off the board. I guess that's fine because we have more needs than a high pick on TE right now.

Can Tamme block?

UberBroncoMan
03-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Can Tamme block?

Dressen can for sure. He's more of a Daniel Graham style TE. Ran a 4.72, etc. This kid ran in the 4.5 range and is way lighter.

BroncoSexyDaddy
03-23-2012, 01:20 PM
What does this say about Julius Thomas and Virgil Green...It says Virgil Green will get released!

crush17
03-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Excellent TE pickups. I think these two are far better than what we had last season honestly.

bendog
03-23-2012, 01:21 PM
We may see a lot of 2 wr 2 TE and single back.

RunSilentRunDeep
03-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Green is already out for four games and I doubt he's going anywhere.

I bet both Dreessen and Green spend a little time at FB as well.

broncswin
03-23-2012, 01:32 PM
It says Virgil Green will get released!

This...that suspension will get him that alone...but adding these two just puts the stamp on it. IMO

pricejj
03-23-2012, 01:36 PM
AdamSchefter

Welcome aboard Tamme!

Patriots: Broncos:
1. Brandon Lloyd 1. Demaryius Thomas
2. Wes Welker 2. Eric Decker
3. Deion Branch 3. Andre Caldwell
4. R. Gronkowski 4. Joel Dreessen
5. Aaron Hernandez 5. Jacob Tamme

Advantage: Broncos?

:strong:

MVP-06
03-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Championship!

Dedhed
03-23-2012, 01:39 PM
I like that they've added younger guys than just going with 1-2 year guys like Clark and Saturday. I think Thomas, Tamme, Dreesen, Decker sets are going to be difficult to cover, and they'll all be around for awhile.

Quoydogs
03-23-2012, 01:42 PM
You think we are taking a page out of the Bellacheat book ? Stretch the field with your WR and then pass to the TE over the middle. They Killed us with it last year.

I really like where this team is going.

boltaneer
03-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Tamme is a poor blocker but I think he's a great receiver. Great pickup. Wish the Chargers tried to get him.

OBF1
03-23-2012, 01:49 PM

They suck???

The are a waste of space/draft pick???

Tebow effect???

So many options here. Tamme I think is a good pick up for the team.

orange skier
03-23-2012, 01:50 PM
What a concept......actually using the tight ends. Does McCoy know how to diagram this......????

OBF1
03-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Welcome aboard Tamme!

You are kidding right?

jerseyguy4
03-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Tamme is a poor blocker but I think he's a great receiver. Great pickup.
+1
At first I wasn't high on the Tamme idea. But it feels better today somehow.

Beantown Bronco
03-23-2012, 01:54 PM
You are kidding right?

I hope for his sake he is.

g6matty
03-23-2012, 01:55 PM
You are kidding right?

i like our receivers better. tight ends? not so much

eddie mac
03-23-2012, 01:56 PM
The relationship with Manning alone makes this a pretty good signing. Better than Clark anyhow as most think he's done in the NFL.

Drunk Monkey
03-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Welcome aboard Tamme!

I wish. Maybe D Thomas over Lloyd the rest.....

Beantown Bronco
03-23-2012, 02:02 PM
i like our receivers better.

I could listen to an argument for DT over Lloyd.

There is no way to argue that Decker and Caldwell are better than Welker and Branch right now, though. Absolutely no way.

fontaine
03-23-2012, 02:02 PM
This is great.

Our offense now has DT to stretch the field deep, Decker to work the sideline routes, and Dreessen/Tamme to work the middle/underneath stuff.

Defenses now have to defend the entire field against our offense and still be disciplined up the middle since McGahee/Ball can run inside when we spread them out wide.

In less than a week the FO has completely changed the offense from college ball zone read to one of the best on paper. Impressive work.

g6matty
03-23-2012, 02:04 PM
decker over deion branch welker over caldwell

i dont care much for wes welker. he is force fed the ball as tom brady dinks and dunks down the feild

Drek
03-23-2012, 02:05 PM

It says you don't let a 3 year window with Manning hinge on two late round TEs being able to produce in year two. Especially when one of them is out for 4 games.

crush17
03-23-2012, 02:06 PM
This is great.

Our offense now has DT to stretch the field deep, Decker to work the sideline routes, and Dreessen/Tamme to work the middle/underneath stuff.

Defenses now have to defend the entire field against our offense and still be disciplined up the middle since McGahee/Ball can run inside when we spread them out wide.

In less than a week the FO has completely changed the offense from college ball zone read to one of the best on paper. Impressive work.

I approve of this post! :)
Welcome to Mile High, Dreesen, Porter, and Tame!

broncosteven
03-23-2012, 02:07 PM

i dont care much for wes welker. he is force fed the ball as tom brady dinks and dunks down the feild

Branch is ancient, Welker is a stud, I think Brady is on his way down, he had he worst 2 games ever, in a row. If he has chronic shoulder issues we will see more of those errant passes that we did during the SB.

HILife
03-23-2012, 02:09 PM
Welcome aboard Tamme!

Absolutely, not. They got more proven All Pros.

HILife
03-23-2012, 02:14 PM
i like our receivers better. tight ends? not so much

I would EASILY take Wes Walker over ANY receiver we have. EASILY.

broncswin
03-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Absolutely, not. They got more proven All Pros.

:griese::patslose:

Kaylore
03-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Tamme was just starting to get in a grove and then Manning went down. This will be good for him.

g6matty
03-23-2012, 02:16 PM
I would EASILY take Wes Walker over ANY receiver we have. EASILY.

http://www.nfl.com/player/weswelker/2505790/profile

yea hes pretty worth while his first 3 years in the league. brady made him hes nothing special

cutthemdown
03-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Can Tamme block?

Not really.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-23-2012, 02:18 PM
I am pleased with our new TE choices over last year. Tamme and Dreissen are better than Fells and Rosario, IMO

yerner
03-23-2012, 02:19 PM
He ain't no Patrick Hape.

Lestat
03-23-2012, 02:23 PM
means we have our 4 TE's for the roster. Tamme,Dreessen 1A & 1B, Thomas #3 & Green #4.
unless they get awesome value where a Green,Allen or Egnew falls low i doubt they pick up a TE in the draft(which sucks cause i want one of those 3)

Heyneck
03-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Love this signing... but still hope we could somehow get Fleener!!! He would make our offense deadly!!!

HILife
03-23-2012, 02:27 PM

2011 New England Patriots 16 15 122 1,569 12.9 99T 9 4 30 7.5 19 0 1 0

And they laughed at me for drafting Wes Welker in Fantasy Football PPR as my first receiver.

BMarsh615
03-23-2012, 02:27 PM

Nothing negative. We will probably keep 4 TE's this year because of how much Manning likes two TE formations. Plus I don't think Denver is going to have a FB on the roster this year so one of the TE's (probably Green) will be playing some FB.

I could see Julius Thomas playing a lot on 3rd down in the 3 WR 1 TE formations.

HILife
03-23-2012, 02:30 PM
http://www.nfl.com/player/weswelker/2505790/profile

yea hes pretty worth while his first 3 years in the league. brady made him hes nothing special

And Manning will do the same thing. I stand by what I said.

yerner
03-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Nothing negative. We will probably keep 4 TE's this year because of how much Manning likes two TE formations. Plus I don't think Denver is going to have a FB on the roster this year so one of the TE's (probably Green) will be playing some FB.

I could see Julius Thomas playing a lot on 3rd down in the 3 WR 1 TE formations.

Virgil Green is going to be suspended for some games and they also have Cornelius Igram on the roster. Training camp battles. Should be great.

g6matty
03-23-2012, 02:32 PM
And Manning will do the same thing. I stand by what I said.

i really like our guys. with manning dishing the ball decker and DT could each have over 1000 yards this season if healthy

jerseyguy4
03-23-2012, 02:33 PM
We will probably keep 4 TE's this year because of how much Manning likes two TE formations.
Not sure how true that actually is. The formations the Colts used seemed to vary depending on who they were playing. Rarely did they use a set without a tight end at all though. Especially in most recent years, where Clark or whoever would bounce from the TE position to the slot

ludo21
03-23-2012, 02:33 PM
if Manning is healthy our offense looks POTENT on paper

uplink
03-23-2012, 02:58 PM
3Mil per year when the broncos are used to paying 1Mil per yer for TEs. Is this too much money for this guy. Is he 3 times better than Fells?

yerner
03-23-2012, 02:59 PM
3Mil per year when the broncos are used to paying 1Mil per yer for TEs. Is this too much money for this guy. Is he 3 times better than Fells?

Not really. Familiarity with Manning probably drove up the price.

cutthemdown
03-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Not sure how true that actually is. The formations the Colts used seemed to vary depending on who they were playing. Rarely did they use a set without a tight end at all though. Especially in most recent years, where Clark or whoever would bounce from the TE position to the slot

I heard someone say that Tamme almost never lined up next to the tackle, and like 80% of the time is split wide or in some sort of motion out wide.

Ratboy
03-23-2012, 03:11 PM
This is a great signing!

TE is set.

Time to get a receiver and a RB.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Not really. Familiarity with Manning probably drove up the price.

Still less expensive than Joe Mays

cutthemdown
03-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Dressen more for a true all around TE. The Tamme signing really like adding his 3rd or 4th WR option.

Look for Broncos to put DT/Decker/Tamme as 3rd wr/Dressen at TE a whole lot this yr. If Manning healthy i see that lineup scoring close to 400 points on the yr.

cutthemdown
03-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Still less expensive than Joe Mays

People keep complaining about this but he went and took some visits. Usually they throw numbers around and then the original team, the player, the agent get a good feel for the market.

He's young and can still get better right? He probably works really hard and played better then we all thought last yr. Other teams seemed to be interested. Broncos probably paid what they had to in order to keep him.

Could be they have a plan for the draft that includes not trying to go for backers. Maybe they thought they had to get Woodyard and Mays signed for insurance at not landing any FA at linebacker. Who knows but Mays and Woodyard can both run. Indy often built defenses that were good at attacking with a lead. They may feel both these players can thrive this yr.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-23-2012, 03:44 PM
People keep complaining about this but he went and took some visits. Usually they throw numbers around and then the original team, the player, the agent get a good feel for the market.

He's young and can still get better right? He probably works really hard and played better then we all thought last yr. Other teams seemed to be interested. Broncos probably paid what they had to in order to keep him.

Could be they have a plan for the draft that includes not trying to go for backers. Maybe they thought they had to get Woodyard and Mays signed for insurance at not landing any FA at linebacker. Who knows but Mays and Woodyard can both run. Indy often built defenses that were good at attacking with a lead. They may feel both these players can thrive this yr.

Perhaps youre right, i personally think he's kinda ****!

Mediator12
03-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Tamme is Dallas Clark lite. Really. He is a large matchup problem TE who thrives in the slot and can make plays across the middle. He will be a HUGE threat for Peyton.

He is NOT a complete TE or Inline player. That would be Dreesen.

Boltjolt
03-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Welcome aboard Tamme!

You think its even close? Id take the Pats guys in a heart beat.
Tamme is a pretty decent pickup but is a recieving TE and is only 236 lbs. If your overloaded at TE id sure like to take Thomas off your hands. Like Green too for that matter. We can use a TE to groom unless we plan to draft one this year which would be smart.

Lestat
03-23-2012, 04:56 PM
i'd take our WR's but their TE's are the best in the league as a tandem and only Jimmy Graham was really in Gronk's arena last season. those are the top 2 TE's in the game and either one is a great pick.

canadianbroncosfan
03-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Tamme is a pretty decent pickup but is a recieving TE and is only 236 lbs. If your overloaded at TE id sure like to take Thomas off your hands. Like Green too for that matter. We can use a TE to groom unless we plan to draft one this year which would be smart.

And I'd take our over Royal, Crayton, Floyd and Gates.

cutthemdown
03-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Perhaps youre right, i personally think he's kinda ****!

Personally I agree with you. I read up some scouting reports and the knock on him is he is utterly useless in pass defense. Which is why they bring Woodyard in on 3rd down. But......when so many teams throw on 1st and 2nd down we really can't start mays IMO.

cutthemdown
03-23-2012, 07:03 PM

Its not close they are being homers. But.........do you doubt thats enough for Manning to move the ball well and score. What does your guy tell you about pts per game with the Broncos offense as it sits now?

I'm thinking probably between 375-400 points which probably sticks them right at the bottom of the top 10 where SD usually comes in. For Denver that could be a huge jump. If the defense gets a little better Broncos will be tough for the Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs. But you know what, maybe it lights a fire under Chargers and signals the end of the west being a trash heap where 8-8 makes the playoffs.

Also I don't think Chargers got better by losing Tolbert and Jackson. Meachum a good player but still not an improvement.

Also Gates a yr older. He did come on strong and look to be in better shape towards the end of the yr though so maybe hes still got it.

Going to be an interesting season.....unless Manning gets injured, then its all sort of just a huge letdown.

cutthemdown
03-23-2012, 07:04 PM

Don't forget Robert Meachum or you look like you just don't know the teams that well. Too late.

boltaneer
03-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Don't forget Robert Meachum or you look like you just don't know the teams that well. Too late.

And replace Crayton with Brown. Crayton is a free agent.

I like the WR corps for the Chargers. I think Meachem will have an explosive year. This offense puts up yards and points no matter who is catching the ball.

But regardless, the defense is the problem with the Chargers. They need a pass rush BADLY.

DENVERDUI55
03-23-2012, 09:06 PM
But regardless, the defense is the problem with the Chargers. They need a pass rush BADLY.
I like this going against a manning led O.

Boltjolt
03-23-2012, 09:15 PM

Crayton isnt on the team anymore.

We have Meachem, Floyd, Vincent Brown, Royal, Gates.

Other than Thomas...who still hasnt really done much to this point, you dont have much. I like his prospects and Deckers too but they still arent proven and you can say Meachem isnt either as a starter but he is a 4 year vet and made some plays in his time with some pretty decent numbers and will be getting a ton more chances than he has before.

And please tell me why Andre Caldwell gets any praise? He has been a disapointment thus far.

Sorry, ill take our WR's over yours at this point and i wasnt even trying to compare but if you want to compare at least try and get who we have correct.

Boltjolt
03-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Its not close they are being homers. But.........do you doubt thats enough for Manning to move the ball well and score. What does your guy tell you about pts per game with the Broncos offense as it sits now?

I'm thinking probably between 375-400 points which probably sticks them right at the bottom of the top 10 where SD usually comes in. For Denver that could be a huge jump. If the defense gets a little better Broncos will be tough for the Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs. But you know what, maybe it lights a fire under Chargers and signals the end of the west being a trash heap where 8-8 makes the playoffs.

Also I don't think Chargers got better by losing Tolbert and Jackson. Meachum a good player but still not an improvement.

Also Gates a yr older. He did come on strong and look to be in better shape towards the end of the yr though so maybe hes still got it.

Going to be an interesting season.....unless Manning gets injured, then its all sort of just a huge letdown.

I dont think we got worse either. Tolbert imo wasnt anything special and a backup RB isnt hard to find. He was ok with some good hands who got in there near the GL and actually was a better ST's player. VJ is a good player but we did as well without the year before and we didnt have a Meachem type filling in for him.

I agree, its going to be interesting this year. Peyton really makes the division harder which i think is a good thing but you know, i can't help but wonder what happens the first time he gets blindsided and his head snaps back. And i say that as a human being,....... I dont want to see that because he really could be one good shot away from being out for a while.

Other than that, i like that we have beat Peyton 5 of the last 6 times we have faced him.

Stan
03-23-2012, 09:41 PM
The Chargers have lost a lot on defense since the time when they seemed to have the Colts number. From the outside looking in your defense seems like a shell of its former self from that time.

KevinJames
03-23-2012, 09:46 PM
TE is set now we don't have to draft one.

Boltjolt
03-23-2012, 09:52 PM
The Chargers have lost a lot on defense since the time when they seemed to have the Colts number. From the outside looking in your defense seems like a shell of its former self from that time.

Your right. We lost Rivera, replaced him with Manusky who sucked so they fired him after the season and promoted John Pagano who has been with us since Wade Phillips. Cant wait to see some better defense next season.

Dutch
03-23-2012, 10:12 PM
It says you don't let a 3 year window with Manning hinge on two late round TEs being able to produce in year two. Especially when one of them is out for 4 games.

This.

Dedhed
03-23-2012, 10:23 PM
I never understood why people whine so much about paying players, and then whine just as much when the team can't compete.

broncolife
03-23-2012, 10:43 PM
I never understood why people whine so much about paying players, and then whine just as much when the team can't compete.

I think its more about the cap space certain players take up which dont allow us to sign other players. I dont think most people would biatch if a player made 40 million this year and only counted 1 million against the cap.

broncocalijohn
03-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Excellent TE pickups. I think these two are far better than what we had last season honestly.

See bold/italics. Like we thought you would be lying about this.

Dedhed
03-23-2012, 11:09 PM
I think its more about the cap space certain players take up which dont allow us to sign other players. I dont think most people would biatch if a player made 40 million this year and only counted 1 million against the cap.We're not anywhere near the cap.

broncolife
03-23-2012, 11:15 PM
We're not anywhere near the cap.

Wernt we around 20 million before the 2 te signings? If so that means we can probably afford 3 more Joe Mays.

DENVERDUI55
03-24-2012, 12:30 AM
if Manning is healthy our offense looks POTENT on paper

It sure looks good. To be honest though whoever you trot out with Manning looks promising.

Doggcow
03-24-2012, 12:30 AM
It sure looks good. To be honest though whoever you trot out with Manning looks promising.

I'm excited to have legitimate Tight End options for once.

strafen
03-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Wow. 2 TE sets indeed. Sorry Orange Julius.I wouldn't close the book on Julius yet.
He's talented, lots of upside, and to judge the guy for the type of rookie season he had, is too prematured...

strafen
03-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Excellent TE pickups. I think these two are far better than what we had last season honestly.For sure...

teknic
03-24-2012, 08:39 AM
It says Virgil Green will get released!

There was talk of moving Green to FB last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried it.

Has to be better than Larsen, amiright?

boltaneer
03-24-2012, 11:53 AM

Actually, I expect them to do well against Manning.

I don't know what it is, but regardless of how good or bad the DC is here, whether or not they have a pass rush or not, whether or not it's Norv running the team, the Chargers always give Manning all he can handle.

Broncolt
03-24-2012, 12:05 PM
I heard someone say that Tamme almost never lined up next to the tackle, and like 80% of the time is split wide or in some sort of motion out wide.

He ddint line up next to a tackle often at all back in Indy. You can basically consider Tamme as a bigger target slot WR. His blocking is not too great, but IMO i think is better than dallas clarks (who was awful at blocking)

DENVERDUI55
03-24-2012, 12:21 PM
He ddint line up next to a tackle often at all back in Indy. You can basically consider Tamme as a bigger target slot WR. His blocking is not too great, but IMO i think is better than dallas clarks (who was awful at blocking)

SD gave manning troubles but he does have winning record against them.

Broncolt
03-24-2012, 02:03 PM

yes this is true.. his struggles have been more recent, theyve always been close games, (2 of em being back to back one and dones in playoffs)...even that game where peyton threw 6 picks...we lost by 2 against the chargers haha. I really hope his struggles dont transfer over this year and just pounds the chargers every time they play. I hate the chargers so damn much

Boltjolt
03-24-2012, 04:15 PM

Wrong...he is 4-5 (http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Manning-To-Denver-The-Butterfly-Effect-143377976.html) losing the last 5 of 6, has a 75.8 rating against us(3rd worst of all the teams) and has more INT's than TD's (16 TD's- 18 INT's...2nd most of all teams only New England has more pics against him w/24) and the last game we beat Indy 36-14 and Peyton had 4 INT's.

Popcorn Sutton
03-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Jesus. This guy had 67 receptions and over 600 yards receiving when Clark was out and he got an average contract of 3 mill/year. Less than Jeb freaking Putzier and equal to Kevin Boss.

pricejj
03-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Broncos vs. Patriots receivers is closer than you think, and the fact that the Broncos have added so much talent in so little time is exciting.

Keep dreaming, Thomas and Green are under contract for 3 more years. Tamme's weight has nothing to do with his effectiveness as a split TE btw.

We have Meachem, Floyd, Vincent Brown, Royal, Gates.

Broncos: Chargers: Advantage:
1. Demaryius Thomas 1. Robert Meachem Thomas
2. Eric Decker 2. Malcolm Floyd Decker
3. Andre Caldwell 3. Eddie Royal Royal
4. Jacob Tamme 4. Antonio Gates Gates
5. Joel Dreessen 5. Vincent Brown Dreessen

I hate to break this to you, but the Chargers are paying their receivers $9M more than the Broncos receivers, and they aren't as good. Royal and Gates may have a slight advantage over Caldwell and Tamme, but the Broncos have better talent at the #1/#2 position. I still contend that the Broncos should draft an OL or WR in round 1, which would give them a clear advantage. The Chargers do not have a true #1 WR, neither Meachem, nor Floyd are world beaters, and they are overpaid. The Broncos have 3 other receivers (Hill/Willis/Dell) who are just as good, if not better than Vincent Brown. Brown is slow, and doesn't have great size...not a good combo.

The more you spend on Offense, the less you can afford to stabilize your deteriorating Defense after the departure of Rivera...heh heh heh

Advantage: Broncos

boltaneer
03-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Broncos vs. Patriots receivers is closer than you think, and the fact that the Broncos have added so much talent in so little time is exciting.

Keep dreaming, Thomas and Green are under contract for 3 more years. Tamme's weight has nothing to do with his effectiveness as a split TE btw.

1. Demaryius Thomas 1. Robert Meachem Thomas
2. Eric Decker 2. Malcolm Floyd Decker
3. Andre Caldwell 3. Eddie Royal Royal
4. Jacob Tamme 4. Antonio Gates Gates
5. Joel Dreessen 5. Vincent Brown Dreessen

I hate to break this to you, but the Chargers are paying their receivers $9M more than the Broncos receivers, and they aren't as good. Royal and Gates may have a slight advantage over Caldwell and Tamme, but the Broncos have better talent at the #1/#2 position. I still contend that the Broncos should draft an OL or WR in round 1, which would give them a clear advantage. The Chargers do not have a true #1 WR, neither Meachem, nor Floyd are world beaters, and they are overpaid. The Broncos have 3 other receivers (Hill/Willis/Dell) who are just as good, if not better than Vincent Brown. Brown is slow, and doesn't have great size...not a good combo.

The more you spend on Offense, the less you can afford to stabilize your deteriorating Defense after the departure of Rivera...heh heh heh

Advantage: Broncos

I can't believe you're ripping on Brown so much. The guy had very limited playing time last year, coming off an pre-season injury and performed well in the few games he started.

Floyd is getting $2 million a year. Given his numbers, he's being paid about what he should be.

Meachem was overpaid but that's what you often do in free agency to get someone.

Boltjolt
03-24-2012, 06:41 PM
No they arent. Your group isnt in the same league as New Englands.

Of course im dreaming...well not really, we can get a TE in the draft who are better than Green and Thomas, im just saying id take either one to groom. As for Tamme, im not badmouthing the guy at all and dont know why you are coming at it that way. But he is an undersized TE who isnt a good blocker but he has some decent hands.

1. Demaryius Thomas 1. Robert Meachem Thomas (i dont agree here)
2. Eric Decker 2. Malcolm Floyd Decker(your kidding right?)
3. Andre Caldwell 3. Eddie Royal Royal(by a mile)
4. Jacob Tamme 4. Antonio Gates Gates(by many MILES)
5. Joel Dreessen 5. Vincent Brown Dreessen (your comparing 6 year vet TE to our 2nd year WR? Why not compare your next in line WR,... Willis or Crosby? Oh wait, now i know why...... And Dreessen is nothing more than a average TE with 110 career receptions in 6 years)

Dude, Vincent Brown is going to be a good WR but he missed half the season with a bad hamstring but played very well when healthy. He is going to outproduce Dreesen.

I hate to break this to you, but the Chargers are paying their receivers $9M more than the Broncos receivers, and they aren't as good.

I dont think it is that much more and really who cares if it is? All our WR's cost less than it would of to keep Jackson and i think our WR's as a group are better than yours.

Royal and Gates may have a slight advantage over Caldwell and Tamme,

Slight edge? My you are a homer arent you! Caldwell isnt anything to speak of and has been a dispointment in Cinci,and Tamme is light years behind Gates. You must be kidding.

but the Broncos have better talent at the #1/#2 position.

Based on what? The only thing wrong with Floyd is he is hurt a lot. Otherwise he far and away better than Decker at this point. Decker had 9 drops last year. I dont know if Floyd has that many in his career. Meachem is a big talent who gets to be a #1 guy now and im not going to slight Thomas. He has some big talent but he is going into his 3rd year and hasnt had the numbers Meachem has had yet so at this point i dont agree with you.

I still contend that the Broncos should draft an OL or WR in round 1, which would give them a clear advantage. The Chargers do not have a true #1 WR, neither Meachem, nor Floyd are world beaters, and they are overpaid. The Broncos have 3 other receivers (Hill/Willis/Dell) who are just as good, if not better than Vincent Brown. Brown is slow, and doesn't have great size...not a good combo.

Neither do you and neither is Decker or Thomas but i think our guys are better. And Floyd is making 2 mil this year and Meachem will be getting 3.25 mil this year which is about 5 mil les than Jackson will get this year. How much is Thomas getting this year?

Its called the draft and we signed one OLB and get Mouton back next season after missing his rookie year. Stuckey should be better than Gregory who i never liked at safety and we have a new DC already who has been with us for many years working his way up working under Wade and Rivera. Getting rid of Manusky makes the defense better right away.

We still have 8 million under the cap and still have the draft or maybe a trade still to come. Who knows. AJ has been active this year.

The ONLY clear advantage you have over us is Fox over Norv.

barryr
03-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Actually, I expect them to do well against Manning.

I don't know what it is, but regardless of how good or bad the DC is here, whether or not they have a pass rush or not, whether or not it's Norv running the team, the Chargers always give Manning all he can handle.

It is because the Chargers were able to run against the Colt defenses, limiting Manning's possessions, which could happen again to the Broncos unless they improve the middle of that defense.

Boltjolt
03-24-2012, 06:53 PM
It is because the Chargers were able to run against the Colt defenses, limiting Manning's possessions, which could happen again to the Broncos unless they improve the middle of that defense.

Nope...Peyton threw 48 times against us last game and we won 36-14 and he threw 4 INT's and had a 5.9 yard per pass ave.

DENVERDUI55
03-24-2012, 06:56 PM
I like my chances against San Diego even if they have had success against him in the past. They aren't near as good as they once were and they are going to be pleasantly let down by Eddie my hamstring hurts Royal.

barryr
03-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Nope...Peyton threw 48 times against us last game and we won 36-14 and he threw 4 INT's and had a 5.9 yard per pass ave.

And Tolbert ran for 103 yards that day and Sproles ran for 105 yards when the Chargers beat the Colts in the playoffs in 2008 and the Colts weren't able to run at all either game.

Popcorn Sutton
03-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Don't care about comparisons on overall units but none of the receivers have the upside Demaryius Thomas has. After he returned to full health he was the number 2 receiver in the NFL for the last 7 games. Handicapped by a run first offense and Tebow. Just wait to see how good he is with a real QB.

Decker had 8 TDs. I like Floyd but I'd say Decker is younger and has a lot of upside with Manning. Floyd does have some hops though. He is underrated by most fans.

Bolt fans haven't seen Decker or Thomas with a real QB. The Bolt receivers have had the edge in that department. Perhaps this year will tell us more.

Boltjolt
03-24-2012, 10:38 PM
And Tolbert ran for 103 yards that day and Sproles ran for 105 yards when the Chargers beat the Colts in the playoffs in 2008 and the Colts weren't able to run at all either game.

OK, but it didnt limit his possessions. He had just as many as we did. We just scored more often. He threw 4 INT's the last time we played him and in the playofffs in 2008, he didnt throw a INT and had 42 passes and we just played better is all.

Thats two games, what about the other three? One of them was when they were 13-0 and we went to Indy and beat them. We still had Brees then.

SimonFletcher73
03-24-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm surprised Peyton stayed in the AFC, let alone the AFC West. Due to his overwhelming fear of the San Diego Chargers.

broncocalijohn
03-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Wrong...he is 4-5 (http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Manning-To-Denver-The-Butterfly-Effect-143377976.html) losing the last 5 of 6, has a 75.8 rating against us(3rd worst of all the teams) and has more INT's than TD's (16 TD's- 18 INT's...2nd most of all teams only New England has more pics against him w/24) and the last game we beat Indy 36-14 and Peyton had 4 INT's.

How can you lose 5 of the last 6 and have a record of 4 and 5? SD Chargers math?

barryr
03-24-2012, 11:11 PM
OK, but it didnt limit his possessions. He had just as many as we did. We just scored more often. He threw 4 INT's the last time we played him and in the playofffs in 2008, he didnt throw a INT and had 42 passes and we just played better is all.

Thats two games, what about the other three? One of them was when they were 13-0 and we went to Indy and beat them. We still had Brees then.

Um, that isn't what I meant and besides, in any game, teams have the same number of possession unless there are returns of some kind for touchdowns. I mean limiting the number of possessions so instead of your own usual number, you have less than normal when the other team is able to run successfully most of the game and take time off the clock. Having the same number of possessions as the Chargers is besides the point. If the Colts say usually had on average 12 possessions a game, but maybe only had 8-9 against the Chargers because the Chargers were able to run the ball and take time off the clock, that can make a difference.

go_broncos
03-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Both Mannings struggle against Chargers.
Let's see what Manning can do now.

Boltjolt
03-24-2012, 11:26 PM
How can you lose 5 of the last 6 and have a record of 4 and 5? SD Chargers math?

I would take that to mean that he was 3-0 before our team was good. Throw in 5 loses in the last 6 games you have a 4-5 record.

What math are you using?

And look, im not saying he own him. Just that he hasnt played well against us and really he doesnt play that great against 3-4 defenses.

Broncolt
03-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Dont worry Peytons not gonna have a problem whooping the chargers with the broncos!!

SimonFletcher73
03-24-2012, 11:31 PM
http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/eli-manning-chargers.jpg

cutthemdown
03-24-2012, 11:31 PM
Actually Chargers have had quite a few good teams. Lets face it the fact the Chargers have failed to advance to the Superbowl under Rivers is because they choke. All a good record vs Indy says is that they didn't choke vs Indy.

Manning, as good as he is, will still need to settle into Denver. I look for his 2nd yr to be much better then this yr.

But Chargers? Really the window in the AFC was open for them but the always follow up a big win with a choke once playoffs start.

Charger fans should wonder what the hell. How does a team with all the talent Chargers have, best qb in division, finish friggin 8-8 last yr?

I realize the front 7 not what it used to be but cmon?

There are rumblings that Rivers is undercoached. Is Turner to easy going on him?

cutthemdown
03-24-2012, 11:33 PM
IMO Manning won't change our in division stuff that much. You watch we will still split most of the in division series. The difference will be the games will be more opened up. Chargers will be coming to town with a gameplan geared to score more, because they know Manning will put up more points then Tebow did.

Its good for the whole division for all the teams to improve. Time to make AFC west a feared division again, instead of a laughing stock.

Boltjolt
03-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Um, that isn't what I meant and besides, in any game, teams have the same number of possession unless there are returns of some kind for touchdowns. I mean limiting the number of possessions so instead of your own usual number, you have less than normal when the other team is able to run successfully most of the game and take time off the clock. Having the same number of possessions as the Chargers is besides the point. If the Colts say usually had on average 12 possessions a game, but maybe only had 8-9 against the Chargers because the Chargers were able to run the ball and take time off the clock, that can make a difference.

Heres the bottom line. They were 12-4, we were 8-8 and we beat em. They were 13-0, undeafeated and we we to Indy and beat em.

You know you could look this stuff up yourself instead of guessing. It isnt hard.

Here (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/drivechart?gameId=290103024) is the 2008 playoff game and the Colts had 1 more possession than us before OT and we won the toss and went in and scored

Here (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/drivechart?gameId=280113011) is the 2007 playoff game where Billy Volek took it to him for a loss on the last drive. We had 12 possessions, they had 10.

Here (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/drivechart?gameId=280113011) is the 2010 regular season game. Colts had 1 more possession than we had.

Boltjolt
03-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Actually Chargers have had quite a few good teams. Lets face it the fact the Chargers have failed to advance to the Superbowl under Rivers is because they choke. All a good record vs Indy says is that they didn't choke vs Indy.

Manning, as good as he is, will still need to settle into Denver. I look for his 2nd yr to be much better then this yr.

But Chargers? Really the window in the AFC was open for them but the always follow up a big win with a choke once playoffs start.

Charger fans should wonder what the hell. How does a team with all the talent Chargers have, best qb in division, finish friggin 8-8 last yr?

I realize the front 7 not what it used to be but cmon?

There are rumblings that Rivers is undercoached. Is Turner to easy going on him?

I blame Norv!!.. ;)
And yes they retained him this year when it was said he was a goner and i was really down that they kept him. But, he has one more shot. If they fail again to make the playoffs this year, it is said both he and AJ are gone. Thats why AJ is playing in FA'cy this year.

Rivers isnt undercoached. Norv made him a better QB but he just didnt have a good season overall in the middle of it and was forcing things and made bad decisions. Even had the first, 3 INT game of his career. But, he bounced back the last 5 games and played like he usually does.
I dont think ive ever seen him fumble a snap like he did at KC to lose a game for us. That was another gift to Denver ;) Just wasnt a good year and the DC was awful.

barryr
03-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Heres the bottom line. They were 12-4, we were 8-8 and we beat em. They were 13-0, undeafeated and we we to Indy and beat em.

You know you could look this stuff up yourself instead of guessing. It isnt hard.

Here (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/drivechart?gameId=290103024) is the 2008 playoff game and the Colts had 1 more possession than us before OT and we won the toss and went in and scored

Here (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/drivechart?gameId=280113011) is the 2007 playoff game where Billy Volek took it to him for a loss on the last drive. We had 12 possessions, they had 10.

Here (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/drivechart?gameId=280113011) is the 2010 regular season game. Colts had 1 more possession than we had.

Why do I need to look that up? I simply stated the Chargers ability to run the ball against the Colts helped them to beat them, which is true. Even Rivers stated that recently. The rest, I guess you are arguing with yourself or something and in reality, what any of that has to do with the here and now, is anybody's guess.

Boltjolt
03-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Why do I need to look that up? I simply stated the Chargers ability to run the ball against the Colts helped them to beat them, which is true. Even Rivers stated that recently. The rest, I guess you are arguing with yourself or something and in reality, what any of that has to do with the here and now, is anybody's guess.

No, you said it limited Mannings possessions. I agree it helped us win but it didnt limit his possessions. He just didnt do as well with them. He has thrown 18 INT's against us. That doesnt help either.

TomServo
03-25-2012, 02:06 AM
Plus our coach actually got his team to a SuperBowl once.

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 10:06 AM

You are living in the past buddy. Peyton is no longer a Colt and the Chargers aren't what they were a few years. In case you forgot, most of those wins you mention we're during a four year run where the Chargers owned the AFC West. That run is over. You added some pieces this offseason but did they make the team better or just replace some of the losses? Meachum for Jackson. Gaither for McNeill, etc. I could make the argument that neither of those are as good as the player they replaced. Tolbert is gone, Dielman is gone, Castillo is a Free Agent, etc. like I said, some nice Free Agency additions but the Chargers have lost a lot of key pieces these last few seasons.

Gutless Drunk
03-25-2012, 10:12 AM
You are living in the past buddy. Peyton is no longer a Colt and the Chargers aren't what they were a few years. In case you forgot, most of those wins you mention we're during a four year run where the Chargers owned the AFC West. That run is over. You added some pieces this offseason but did they make the team better or just replace some of the losses? Meachum for Jackson. Gaither for McNeill, etc. I could make the argument that neither of those are as good as the player they replaced. Tolbert is gone, Dielman is gone, Castillo is a Free Agent, etc. like I said, some nice Free Agency additions but the Chargers have lost a lot of key pieces these last few seasons.

Lol at the "we own them" theory. Teams change- nobody has anyone's number except the Broncos against the Patriots...oh wait...

Gcver2ver3
03-25-2012, 10:15 AM
AFC West foes are all coming up with reasons why it's actually good for them that Denver landed Manning...

Charger fans say Chargers own Manning ignoring the fact that Chargers havent been good in over 2yrs and Manning isnt on the colts anymore...

Chief Fans claim Romeo Crennel owns Manning ignoring the fact that Crennell doesn't cosch the defense of the Patriots anymore...

Raider fans don't even have a logic, they are just trying to make themselves feel better...

never underestimate the impressive power of chronic denial...

That One Guy
03-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Lol at the "we own them" theory. Teams change- nobody has anyone's number except the Broncos against the Patriots...oh wait...

But, as was pointed out, things like a weakness to the 3-4 can be legitimate points. For quite some time, SDs LBs were some of the best 3-4 rushers there were. It would make sense that alignment would cause problems with Manning who is so good pre-snap.

So the 3-4 angle is legit IF SD gets the rush linebackers like they had for so long.

Boltjolt
03-25-2012, 11:41 AM

Your right, Peyton is no longer a Colt. Our last win against him was just in 2010 and we were only 6-5 so no, not all those wins were way back when. In 2010, we handed the Colts their worst home loss in many years since Peyton has been there.
Now, he is 36, hasnt played in a year, is learning a new offense and new players and has two fused vertebrae in his neck and COULD POSSIBLY be one good hit away from being out for a while if not for good.

I never said we owned him and pointed that out if some of you actually would read the posts. Im just saying we have had good success against him and he doesnt usually play that well against a 3-4 defense and our new DC was with us as a LB coach when we game planned for him with Wade Phillips and Rivera so he knows what worked.
I just like our chances against him and dont fear him at all. No reason to since we have beat him more than he has beat us.

On the other side of that, Carson Palmer who i dont think is a very good QB plays lights out against us.

As for who we lost and who we signed...IMO Gaither is a big upgrade to McNeill. McNeill hasnt been that great since his 2nd season so im glad we replaced him with Gaither who last season with us, was awesome. Didnt allow a sack or even a pressure on Rivers. Thats why they released McNeill and resigned Gaither.

Yes we lost VJ, but Meachem is a good player who was good when he played with Brees and will be productive with Rivers as well. He isnt 6'5", but he is 6'2" and is much faster than Jackson is. I expect him to get 60-70 receptions just as Jackson did for us.
Rivers spreads the ball around so one guy isnt going to have 90 catches. Would of liked to have Jackson back but not with a 13 mil cap hit and i think Meachem is a good replacement who will do well for us. He is a former first round pick who has produced.

Tolbert was an OK player so i dont know why you even mention him. He will be easily replaced IMO but he was a very good ST's player.

Castillo may still come back but he has been hurt so much lately that he isnt the same player.
Dielman is a big loss but honestly when he was out and McNeill was out, the OL as a whole was very good down the stretch. Was it a co-incidence? Maybe, and im not going to say Green is as good as Dielman at all but as a group they played well and im sure we will get another OG somehow. Either by a trade or in the draft.

Im not real high on OLB Jarrett Johnson as a pass rusher but he is very good at everything else and does provide some pressure. He helps free up the other OLB's to attack the QB.
Im sure we will address another OLB in the draft. I expect the draft to be pretty much all defense asside from maybe a OG.

Im thinking OLB will be our first pick so could be one of Upshaw, Perry, Merciles. We're in good possition for one of them. Or, maybe they draft DeCastro but i doubt it. Wouldnt mind Fleener either and would love Michael Floyd but defense has to be the focus and im sure it will be.

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Your right, Peyton is no longer a Colt. Our last win against him was just in 2010 and we were only 6-5 so no, not all those wins were way back when. In 2010, we handed the Colts their worst home loss in many years since Peyton has been there.
Now, he is 36, hasnt played in a year, is learning a new offense and new players and has two fused vertebrae in his neck and COULD POSSIBLY be one good hit away from being out for a while if not for good.

I never said we owned him and pointed that out if some of you actually would read the posts. Im just saying we have had good success against him and he doesnt usually play that well against a 3-4 defense and our new DC was with us as a LB coach when we game planned for him with Wade Phillips and Rivera so he knows what worked.
I just like our chances against him and dont fear him at all. No reason to since we have beat him more than he has beat us.

On the other side of that, Carson Palmer who i dont think is a very good QB plays lights out against us.

As for who we lost and who we signed...IMO Gaither is a big upgrade to McNeill. McNeill hasnt been that great since his 2nd season so im glad we replaced him with Gaither who last season with us, was awesome. Didnt allow a sack or even a pressure on Rivers. Thats why they released McNeill and resigned Gaither.

Yes we lost VJ, but Meachem is a good player who was good when he played with Brees and will be productive with Rivers as well. He isnt 6'5", but he is 6'2" and is much faster than Jackson is. I expect him to get 60-70 receptions just as Jackson did for us.
Rivers spreads the ball around so one guy isnt going to have 90 catches. Would of liked to have Jackson back but not with a 13 mil cap hit and i think Meachem is a good replacement who will do well for us. He is a former first round pick who has produced.

Tolbert was an OK player so i dont know why you even mention him. He will be easily replaced IMO but he was a very good ST's player.

Castillo may still come back but he has been hurt so much lately that he isnt the same player.
Dielman is a big loss but honestly when he was out and McNeill was out, the OL as a whole was very good down the stretch. Was it a co-incidence? Maybe, and im not going to say Green is as good as Dielman at all but as a group they played well and im sure we will get another OG somehow. Either by a trade or in the draft.

Im not real high on OLB Jarrett Johnson as a pass rusher but he is very good at everything else and does provide some pressure. He helps free up the other OLB's to attack the QB.
Im sure we will address another OLB in the draft. I expect the draft to be pretty much all defense asside from maybe a OG.

Im thinking OLB will be our first pick so could be one of Upshaw, Perry, Merciles. We're in good possition for one of them. Or, maybe they draft DeCastro but i doubt it. Wouldnt mind Fleener either and would love Michael Floyd but defense has to be the focus and im sure it will be.

Wrong on the one hit could be it for Peyton. Try doing some reading before posting ignorance. A fused neck vertebrae poses no more danger from a hit than one that isn't fused. He has no more risk of being injured by a hit to the spine than Philip Rivers. The only risk at this point is the nerve fully regenerating and him gaining full arm strength. He is already well on his way.

The rest of your post is homer ism. Meachem is not a replacement for Jackson. He was a 3/4 receiver in New Orleans and V Jack would easily be a 1/2. Colston and V Jack would be a close comparison. He will now be lining up against Darrel Revis, Champ, etc. instead of lining up against nickel and dime backs. He's good but V Jack has unique talents and that's why he got twice as much $$. Like I said, the Chargers have filled some holes but I'm not sure they are drastically better.

It's all moot. We split last season. The Broncos are going to be a drastically different team next year. Tebow to Manning changes the game. The analysts who don't have a horse in his race are currently favoring the Broncos.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56065/espn-coms-nfl-pre-draft-power-rankings

Tolbert scored 19 TDs the last 2 seasons. Matthews is fragile. I brought it up because he has produced. I suppose next you'll say losing Sproles is no big deal either. Funny how that works. You over value Meachem etc and under value all the players the Chargers have lost. Reality is the Chargers are not the team of 3 years ago.

barryr
03-25-2012, 12:37 PM
No, you said it limited Mannings possessions. I agree it helped us win but it didnt limit his possessions. He just didnt do as well with them. He has thrown 18 INT's against us. That doesnt help either.

Wow, that's great. Manning has a ring. And Rivers?

boltaneer
03-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Wrong on the one hit could be it for Peyton. Try doing some reading before posting ignorance. A fused neck vertebrae poses no more danger from a hit than one that isn't fused. He has no more risk of being injured by a hit to the spine than Philip Rivers. The only risk at this point is the nerve fully regenerating and him gaining full arm strength. He is already well on his way.

The rest of your post is homer ism. Meachem is not a replacement for Jackson. He was a 3/4 receiver in New Orleans and V Jack would easily be a 1/2. Colston and V Jack would be a close comparison. He will now be lining up against Darrel Revis, Champ, etc. instead of lining up against nickel and dime backs. He's good but V Jack has unique talents and that's why he got twice as much $$. Like I said, the Chargers have filled some holes but I'm not sure they are drastically better.

It's all moot. We split last season. The Broncos are going to be a drastically different team next year. Tebow to Manning changes the game. The analysts who don't have a horse in his race are currently favoring the Broncos.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56065/espn-coms-nfl-pre-draft-power-rankings

Tolbert scored 19 TDs the last 2 seasons. Matthews is fragile. I brought it up because he has produced. I suppose next you'll say losing Sproles is no big deal either. Funny how that works. You over value Meachem etc and under value all the players the Chargers have lost. Reality is the Chargers are not the team of 3 years ago.

Tolbert was the "goal line back" but I hated it. He really should have had so many more TDs for a big man but he's not a punishing type of back for a man his size. Mathews really brings as much power as he does but has much more ability to break it outside in goal line situations. The times he was given goal line opportunities, he performed well, so I'm also one that doesn't have a lot of concerns about losing Tobert in terms of scoring.

You are correct though, Mathews is fragile. He has fumbling issues (as does Tolbert). And he has pass protection issues. The fumbling and pass protection problems can be corrected. I don't know if he'll ever overcome the injury bug though.

They do need to find a capable backup though. That is a huge concern. I'd love for them to go after J Stewart if he gets released/traded but it probably won't happen because of the salary reasons. They'll probably draft a RB with a late round pick.

I think everyone is writing off Meachem way too early. He did okay in the Saints offense but looking at his skill set, you can make a great argument that the offense wasn't a great fit for him. On paper, the Charger offense is tailored perfectly for him. He's going to be doing exactly what Jackson did here and that's run those fly patterns and he can fly faster than Jackson. The size difference isn't an issue because remember, Jackson still doesn't use his size to his maximum advantage. It's the one thing that drove me nuts about him. He doesn't attack the ball at the highest point like Malcom Floyd does so swell.

Boltjolt
03-25-2012, 02:40 PM

Im no Dr. so how would i know. I was just speculating. Having a fused neck just dont sound like a good thing to me for a NFL QB. You just cant tell me that he will be the same with it regardless if it dont give him anymore risk. I glad it doesnt because as a fan and just being a human being id hate to see something bad happen to him.
You see, im not a hater of all players like many here are and wish injury to another player like ive seen here with Rivers.

The rest of your post is homer ism. Meachem is not a replacement for Jackson. He was a 3/4 receiver in New Orleans and V Jack would easily be a 1/2. Colston and V Jack would be a close comparison.

Well like it or not, he is the replacement. Its either him or Floyd. You can say whatever you want about him because i wont say he is going to be just as good or not but i can tell you one thing, Jackson wont do in Tampa what he did here. He will produce but he wont have his usual 17-18 YPC ave there. Meachem most likely will whether or not who he goes against.

At this point ive never said Meachem will be just as good as Jackson but i think he can be a real good one for us and have the same numbers. No reason to think he cant. He had good numbers for the Saints even being their #3 and outproduced their #2 WR Deverly Henderson. They may have even switched back and forth, im not sure but he outproduced him rather easily.

All i can say is we will see how it goes but why would you disregard what Meachem will do yet pump up Thomas? He hasnt hasnt done anything great yet and hasnt done as well as Meachem has regardless of him being the #3. He filled in when there were injuries and he had just as many TD's in 2009 as Colston. We will just have to see but he has produced.

He will now be lining up against Darrel Revis, Champ, etc. instead of lining up against nickel and dime backs. He's good but V Jack has unique talents and that's why he got twice as much $$. Like I said, the Chargers have filled some holes but I'm not sure they are drastically better.

He hasnt always lined up against nickel backs. All i can say is wait and see. IMO he is a better player right now than Thomas.
And Meachem asside, i absolutely think we got better with the other pickups we got. Gaither is a better LT than McNeill. McNeill is still out there as a FA. Maybe you guys can pick him up and i wouldnt care. He is pretty much done. Has that spinal stenosis and has had neck problems lately.

McClain is a far better FB than Hester is....who is also still out there.

Who cares who they favor? They favored us last year too and everyone is going to favor Manning. Heres a link for you if you want to go that route.

Rivers, not Manning best in AFC West (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_5355_Rivers,_not_Manning,_best_of_the_AFC_West. html)

Refrigerator Perry could score a TD every game if you stick him in there at the GL every week. Does that make him a good RB? Tolbert was OK. Good ST's player and a guy with some decent hands out of the backfield. Thats about it. I was hoping we would get Michael Bush this year but it didnt happen. Its all good, we will find a replacement for Tolbert. Wont be hard.

Im not worried about Mathews. He was much better last season and played thru injuries and did miss two games. But, He had a 4.9 YPC and had 50 catches. He also seems to play very well against the Broncos ;)

And im not undervaluing who we lost. VJ was a big loss but i think we got a guy who can be a real good player. We went 75% of 2010 without VJ and we did fine and didnt have a Meachem type player filling in and we were better in the RZ that year.
I happen to think Gaither is a much better player than McNeill. Why else is he still not signed? You tell me. The guy is damaged goods and hasnt been as good the past two or three years.

We arent the team we were in 2007 but i think this team is still good enough to win the division.

Boltjolt
03-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Wow, that's great. Manning has a ring. And Rivers?

:D Great comeback. Thats the typical comeback when you dont know what else to say. Well, Manning has a ring with Indy. Not the Broncos and we helped hold him to just one ring on two occasions.

C00per
03-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Tamme performed at a pro bowl level during 2010 when he replaced an injured Dallas Clark.

He wasn't quite Dallas, but he was Fort Worth.

Don't be surprised with a couple of wide receivers or a tight end, end up in the pro bowl.

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Im no Dr. so how would i know. I was just speculating. Having a fused neck just dont sound like a good thing to me for a NFL QB. You just cant tell me that he will be the same with it regardless if it dont give him anymore risk. I glad it doesnt because as a fan and just being a human being id hate to see something bad happen to him.
You see, im not a hater of all players like many here are and wish injury to another player like ive seen here with Rivers.

Well like it or not, he is the replacement. Its either him or Floyd. You can say whatever you want about him because i wont say he is going to be just as good or not but i can tell you one thing, Jackson wont do in Tampa what he did here. He will produce but he wont have his usual 17-18 YPC ave there. Meachem most likely will whether or not who he goes against.

At this point ive never said Meachem will be just as good as Jackson but i think he can be a real good one for us and have the same numbers. No reason to think he cant. He had good numbers for the Saints even being their #3 and outproduced their #2 WR Deverly Henderson. They may have even switched back and forth, im not sure but he outproduced him rather easily.

All i can say is we will see how it goes but why would you disregard what Meachem will do yet pump up Thomas? He hasnt hasnt done anything great yet and hasnt done as well as Meachem has regardless of him being the #3. He filled in when there were injuries and he had just as many TD's in 2009 as Colston. We will just have to see but he has produced.

He hasnt always lined up against nickel backs. All i can say is wait and see. IMO he is a better player right now than Thomas.
And Meachem asside, i absolutely think we got better with the other pickups we got. Gaither is a better LT than McNeill. McNeill is still out there as a FA. Maybe you guys can pick him up and i wouldnt care. He is pretty much done. Has that spinal stenosis and has had neck problems lately.

McClain is a far better FB than Hester is....who is also still out there.

Who cares who they favor? They favored us last year too and everyone is going to favor Manning. Heres a link for you if you want to go that route.

Rivers, not Manning best in AFC West (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_5355_Rivers,_not_Manning,_best_of_the_AFC_West. html)

Refrigerator Perry could score a TD every game if you stick him in there at the GL every week. Does that make him a good RB? Tolbert was OK. Good ST's player and a guy with some decent hands out of the backfield. Thats about it. I was hoping we would get Michael Bush this year but it didnt happen. Its all good, we will find a replacement for Tolbert. Wont be hard.

Im not worried about Mathews. He was much better last season and played thru injuries. He had a 4.9 YPC and had 50 catches. He also seems to play very well against the Broncos ;)

And im not undervaluing who we lost. VJ was a big loss but i think we got a guy who can be a real good player. We went 75% of 2010 without VJ and we did fine and didnt have a Meachem type player filling in and we were better in the RZ that year.
I happen to think Gaither is a much better player than McNeill. Why else is he still not signed? You tell me. The guy is damaged goods and hasnt been as good the past two or three years.

We arent the team we were in 2007 but i think this team is still good enough to win the division.

Sounds like you got it all figured out. :strong:

Boltjolt
03-25-2012, 03:54 PM
Sounds like you got it all figured out. :strong:

Nope but i do think overall they improved the team. The only question to that if they did or not is Meachem replacing Jackson. I just happen to think he is going to do well for us and im not really concerned with it. I liked the pickup Meachem is still only 27. Now we dont have to draft a WR in the high rounds and can concentrate on defense and get another pass rusher.

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2012, 04:47 PM
They had some nice pickups and AJ has definitely softened the blow of losing several Pro Bowlers and several solid contributors.

Popcorn Sutton
01-02-2013, 12:52 PM
This guy Boltjolt called me out for being a homer before the season started so I figured I'd recall the thread to see who the homer was.

i think our WR's as a group are better than yours.

Might want to rethink that comment Hilarious!

Tamme is light years behind Gates. You must be kidding.

LOL, Light years eh?

Tamme 52 receptions for 555 yards and 2 TDs, Gates 48 receptions for 538 yards and 7TDs. Note: Dreessen had a pretty good year himself. In all the Broncos TEs bested the Chargers TEs.

The only thing wrong with Floyd is he is hurt a lot. Otherwise he far and away better than Decker at this point.

LOL

Floyd: 56 receptions, 814 yds and 5 TDs
Decker: 85 receptions, 1,064 yards and 13 TDs

Meachem is a big talent who gets to be a #1 guy now and im not going to slight Thomas. He has some big talent but he is going into his 3rd year and hasnt had the numbers Meachem has had yet so at this point i dont agree with you.

LOL LOL LOL

Meachem: 14 receptions, 202 yds and 2 TDs
Thomas: 94 receptions, 1,434 yds and 10 TDs

Neither do you and neither is Decker or Thomas but i think our guys are better.

:wave:

:Elway:

Boltjolt
01-02-2013, 07:58 PM
This guy Boltjolt called me out for being a homer before the season started so I figured I'd recall the thread to see who the homer was.
[quote]Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
i think our WR's as a group are better than yours.

Might want to rethink that comment
Yeah Meachem didnt work out, what can you say. Maybe next year he will be better but who knows. We also lost Vincent Brown for the year in preseason and that was a big blow and of course Eddie Royal was hurt 70% of the year as well. Our group isnt bad (and then you add Alexander who has been great) and can play with yours(when they arent all hurt) but not when the QB has no time to throw.

Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Tamme is light years behind Gates. You must be kidding.

Quote:
, Light years eh?

LOL, C-Mon...no GM in the NFL would take Tamme over Gates if offered straight up and that includes yours. Tamme owes his carer to Peyton.

Tamme 52 receptions for 555 yards and 2 TDs, Gates 48 receptions for 538 yards and 7TDs. Note: Dreessen had a pretty good year himself. In all the Broncos TEs bested the Chargers TEs.

Always helps to have Manning and a much, much better OL not to mention Manning threw almost 60 more passes than we did and he didnt get sacked 48 times.
Rivers had the worst OL in the league and didnt even throw for 4,000 for the first time in 5 seasons but did get sacked the most times in his career. And Dreesen is a 2nd rate TE withe first rate QB. I suppose he is better than Gates too :kiddingme
Vincent Jackson never had 70 receptions in a season for us(had 69 once and had 69 this year for TB) but he was the most sought after WR and he certainly is better than Thomas who had many more receptions. Stats are nice but if you also believe Welker is the best WR in the NFL the past 5 years because of his receptions...well, then, i dont know what to tell you.

The only thing wrong with Floyd is he is hurt a lot. Otherwise he far and away better than Decker at this point.

Quote:
Floyd: 56 receptions, 814 yds and 5 TDs
Decker: 85 receptions, 1,064 yards and 13 TDs

Again, Not sure how stats show he is better. I recall many here saying he drops too many passes. And Floyd did miss some games as predicted but not as many as usual. Floyd is as reliable as they come...when he is healthy.
I mean your comparing your offensive stats to ours which our offense was well down the charts this year compared to usual. This would be like comparing Deckers stats last year to Floyds, but ill give Decker some props but he isnt some stud. Just benefitted from having a sure HOF'er instead of Tebow. Is Lance Moore a stud whoi puts up good numbers with Brees?

Meachem is a big talent who gets to be a #1 guy now and im not going to slight Thomas. He has some big talent but he is going into his 3rd year and hasnt had the numbers Meachem has had yet so at this point i dont agree with you.

Quote:
Meachem: 14 receptions, 202 yds and 2 TDs
Thomas: 94 receptions, 1,434 yds and 10 TDs

Yep, Meachem again didnt pan out as said above. Dont know if he is stupid or just slow but he didnt play much after week 6.

Still true and ill add Peyton Manning who ran his own offense, not McCoys or Fox's.

Popcorn Sutton
01-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah Meachem didnt work out, what can you say. Maybe next year he will be better but who knows.

You called me out for being a homer. I'd say your predictions prove who the homer is here.

Need a reminder?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3538277&postcount=94
(http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3538277&postcount=94)

LOL, C-Mon...no GF in the NFL would take Tamme over Gates if offered straight up and that includes yours. Tamme owes his carer to Peyton.

Never said he was better. Need help with comprehension. Just showing Gates isn't what he used to be. Your point earlier in the thread was he was light years ahead and well....

Always helps to have Manning and a much, much better OL not to mention Manning threw almost 60 more passes than we did and he didnt get sacked 48 times.

After returning to full health following his achilles injury, Thomas was #2 in the NFL with Tim Tebow at QB during the last half of 2011. Again, you called me out as a homer and I'm just proving you were wrong.

Vincent Jackson never had 70 receptions in a season for us(had 69 once and had 69 this year for TB) but he was the most sought after WR and he certainly is better than Thomas who had many more receptions.

You let your distaste for Denver skew your analysis and you are also making my point for me in this thread. Meachem is NOT and will never be a solid replacement for Jackson. Go back and read hot shot. You were the one talking about how great he is.

Stats are nice but if you also believe Welker is the best WR in the NFL the past 5 years because of his receptions...well, then, i dont know what to tell you.

WTF? Welker has been one of the best receivers in the NFL for the last few years. I don't know what to tell YOU. Wake up? He has the stats, rarely drops a pass, makes big plays when they are needed and causes nightmares for opposing coordinators.

Again, Not sure how stats show he is better. I recall many here saying he drops too many passes. And Floyd did miss some games as predicted but not as many as usual. Floyd is as reliable as they come...when he is healthy.

Are you still trying to make the case that Floyd is better than Thomas? Seriously?

I mean your comparing your offensive stats to ours which our offense was well down the charts this year compared to usual. This would be like comparing Deckers stats last year to Floyds, but ill give Decker some props but he isn't some stud.

Ramble much? Stats are a part of the analysis. What else do you want Demaryius Thomas to do? He has killed it since week 8 of last season with Tebow AND Manning.

Just benefitted from having a sure HOF'er instead of Tebow.

Which is one reason why I thought your predictions in this thread were premature. You were comparing SD receivers to Denver receivers with Tebow at QB. I knew Thomas was a stud because I saw it with the most inconsistent passer in the league last season. Again, he finished off the season last year as one of the hottest Wide Receivers in the league.

Yep, Meachem again didn't pan out as said above.

Which is what I was predicting in this thread BEFORE the season. Now, who's the homer?

LOL

McDman
01-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Meachem better than Decker? Haha, gtfo.

Boltjolt
01-02-2013, 09:33 PM
You called me out for being a homer. I'd say your predictions prove who the homer is here.

Need a reminder?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3538277&postcount=94
(http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3538277&postcount=94)

[QUOTE]Never said he was better. Need help with comprehension. Just showing Gates isn't what he used to be. Your point earlier in the thread was he was light years ahead and well....

You didnt but your implying it. But ok, and he is light years ahead of Tamme. Tamme is a average TE who has a superstar throwing to him and Gates isnt what he used to be but he is still better than Tamme. Gates will be more productive when we get a better OL. Everyone will be. It all starts in the trenches.

After returning to full health following his achilles injury, Thomas was #2 in the NFL with Tim Tebow at QB during the last half of 2011. Again, you called me out as a homer and I'm just proving you were wrong.

I dont believe Tebow throwing to any WR will have them in the top of anything.

You let your distaste for Denver skew your analysis and you are also making my point for me in this thread. Meachem is NOT and will never be a solid replacement for Jackson. Go back and read hot shot. You were the one talking about how great he is.

Never said he was great, i said he has big talent and he does but he is a slow learner apparently because he takes a while to get going everywhere he has been from college to the NFL and switching teams. He wasnt at all what they thought he would be but he has produced in the past. Still , i have to give Decker the nod til Meachem shows up but i dont think Decker is a great WR either.

WTF? Welker has been one of the best receivers in the NFL for the last few years. I don't know what to tell YOU. Wake up? He has the stats, rarely drops a pass, makes big plays when they are needed and causes nightmares for opposing coordinators.

Aww but when i pointed out those stats in HERE and said he was out producing Marshall who was a part of your team then, i got lambasted for it and was told Welker wasnt near the player Marshall is, he just has Tom Brady.
Sounds very familiar dont it. I guess nobody likes to hear somebody is better than their guy. You guys even defended Cutler who was a big douche and still isnt a great QB.
And ill say it now, Welker is not the best WR in the NFL. Do you think he is?

Are you still trying to make the case that Floyd is better than Thomas? Seriously?

Not really, saying he is good when healthy. I was comparing the group. Thomas still isnt a star yet.

Ramble much? Stats are a part of the analysis. What else do you want Demaryius Thomas to do? He has killed it since week 8 of last season with Tebow AND Manning.

Stats sometimes are misleading. Ill just point out Orton when he was here and leave it at that.

And Thomas had 27 receptions in the last 8 weeks of 2011. Two of which, he had zero receptions. Not what id call killing it but you said last 8 weeks of the season.
If your counting the playoffs, he had 37 his last 8 games.

Which is one reason why I thought your predictions in this thread were premature. You were comparing SD receivers to Denver receivers with Tebow at QB. I knew Thomas was a stud because I saw it with the most inconsistent passer in the league last season. Again, he finished off the season last year as one of the hottest Wide Receivers in the league.

True..but again, this board was saying Tebow was a good QB at that time...:ouwknow:

Which is what I was predicting in this thread BEFORE the season. Now, who's the homer?

Nobody knew Manning would come back like this and why he considered for come back player of the year. Not sure he wins that or MVP over Peterson though but he would be my 2nd choice.
I know this isnt part of the discussion and you never said anything that he should be but as much as was huge for you guys, you still had the #4 defense in the NFL. Minnesota goes nowhere without Peterson because Ponder stinks.

Ill give credit where credit is due and Peyton has been nails after a shaky start.

DBroncos4life
01-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Thomas isn't a star yet LOL

Action
01-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Not really, saying he is good when healthy. I was comparing the group. Thomas still isnt a star yet.
What?

DT was 4th is yardage. 15.3 YPC
8th in receptions while being 13th in targets
Tied for 5th in TDs
2nd in receptions of 20 yards+
5th in YAC

One of the most historical catches and runs in Denver Broncos and NFL history against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

And he isn't a star?

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2012/1230/20121230_062534_demaryius-thomas-broncos.gif
http://www.juanelway.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Demaryius-Thomas-GIF.gif
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1195839/DTTD_medium.gif

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/gallery_images/photos/000/554/953/GYI0062090611_crop_450x500.jpg?1287359326

Thats Revis and that was a Touchdown.

Not a star people. Hilarious!

Boltjolt
01-02-2013, 10:17 PM
What?

DT was 4th is yardage. 15.3 YPC
8th in receptions while being 13th in targets
Tied for 5th in TDs
2nd in receptions of 20 yards+
5th in YAC

One of the most historical catches and runs in Denver Broncos and NFL history against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

And he isn't a star?

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2012/1230/20121230_062534_demaryius-thomas-broncos.gif
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1195839/DTTD_medium.gif

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/gallery_images/photos/000/554/953/GYI0062090611_crop_450x500.jpg?1287359326

Thats Revis and that was a Touchdown.

Not a star people. Hilarious!

ONE good season doesnt make you a star. Not saying he wont be but he isnt yet, no and thats what this board said about Welker after two better seasons than this. Funny, when it isnt your own guy he isnt a top WR in the nFL but when it is, its laughable that one good season dont make you a star. Like they say, do it again and again.

Is Crabtree a star? He has much better numbers than Thomas in his career by far and had his best season this year though not quite as good as Thomas.

Id call Crabtree one of the good WR's in the league but a star? He's no Steve Smith, or even Julio Jones imo who has been great right out of the gate.

Would you call Dez Bryant a star? He has better numbers in his career than Thomas in their 3 years and was on par with him this year. I think Bryant is emerging and very close and ahead of Thomas.

Just some examples. Not saying Thomas isnt very good, but i just dont throw him in there with the other star WR's. Its not a knock, Vince Jackson wasnt a star his first three years and Thomas reminds me a lot of VJ but i think VJ has a little bit better hands.
But you guys can call him a star if you want. Hell you called Cutler a star when he was a Bronco. Cutler is no star.

Popcorn Sutton
01-02-2013, 10:23 PM
You didnt but your implying it. But ok, and he is light years ahead of Tamme. Tamme is a average TE who has a superstar throwing to him and Gates isnt what he used to be but he is still better than Tamme.

Yes, he's not what he used to be. Fine to admit he's better than Tamme. Light years? Not quite but keep on homering....

I dont believe Tebow throwing to any WR will have them in the top of anything.

OK dullard. I rounded up a game. His last 7 games he averaged 106 yards per game with Timmy Tebow. Not bad. Over a season that would be 1700 yards.

Never said he was great, i said he has big talent and he does but he is a slow learner apparently because he takes a while to get going everywhere he has been from college to the NFL and switching teams.

You said he was better than Thomas AND Decker though. ROFL!

Aww but when i pointed out those stats in HERE and said he was out producing Marshall who was a part of your team then, i got lambasted for it and was told Welker wasnt near the player Marshall is, he just has Tom Brady. Sounds very familiar dont it.

OK Bolt Dolt. Don't use "the board" as a basis for your argument. I'm not "the board." Marshall and Welker are both elite receivers so meh.

Based on your analysis. What does he need to do? Nearly 1500 yards and double digit TD production. OR, if you want to give me the Manning argument, averaging 106 yards per game after coming off of an achilles injury.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4LG5M3UpVTM/UOHJESNB6UI/AAAAAAAAkhs/S3qrdRObfMQ/s400/Demaryius-thomas-gif.gif

Stats sometimes are misleading. Ill just point out Orton when he was here and leave it at that.

You don't need stats to know that Thomas is a star receiver.

And Thomas had 27 receptions in the last 8 weeks of 2011. Two of which, he had zero receptions. Not what id call killing it but you said last 8 weeks of the season. If your counting the playoffs, he had 37 his last 8 games.

Like I said, he averaged 106 yards per game for his last 7 games. I rounded up.

Nobody knew Manning would come back like this and why he considered for come back player of the year.

Right. Yep. I guess Elway signed him for $20 million per year average because he was funny on Saturday Night Live??

Give it up homer. I'm not here to argue every point with you. Just recalling the thread where you called out several posters for being homers.

http://lans-soapbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

Action
01-02-2013, 10:27 PM
ONE good season doesnt make you a star. Not saying he wont be but he isnt yet, no and thats what this board said about Welker after two better seasons than this. Funny, when it isnt your own guy he isnt a top WR in the nFL but when it is, its laughable that one good season dont make you a star. Like they say, do it again and again.

Is Crabtree a star? He has much better numbers than Thomas in his career by far and had his best season this year though not quite as good as Thomas.

Id call Crabtree one of the good WR's in the league but a star? He's no Steve Smith, or even Julio Jones imo who has been great right out of the gate.

Would you call Dez Bryant a star? He has better numbers in his career than Thomas in their 3 years and was on par with him this year. I think Bryant is emerging and very close and ahead of Thomas.

Just some examples. Not saying Thomas isnt very good, but i just dont throw him in there with the other star WR's. Its not a knock, Vince Jackson wasnt a star his first three years and Thomas reminds me a lot of VJ but i think VJ has a little bit better hands.

What does better "career" numbers even mean? Be specific.

Crabtree's numbers aren't close to Thomas, and everyone you named has worse numbers than Thomas...so you really don't have a point if you bring up people with WORSE numbers this season.

Did you say Thomas reminds you of VJ?

VJ hasn't put a season together that's even CLOSE to DT.... and let's not take away the fact that DT is astronomically more talented when it comes to physical capabilities.

They play nothing alike other than the fact that they both can play the deep ball well. Well, that's really the only thing VJ can do.

As far as Dez Bryant goes... he put together a legit season this year and if you want to call him a star go ahead...he's proven himself. You can see talent and "star" abilities by watching film and watching the game.

Only armchair GMs think otherwise.

Popcorn Sutton
01-02-2013, 10:31 PM

But you guys can call him a star if you want. Hell you called Cutler a star when he was a Bronco. Cutler is no star.

OK, now that we all know the standard. RGIII, Andrew Luck, Doug Martin, Von Miller aren't stars. Got it.

WTF? :stupid:

Popcorn Sutton
01-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Thomas came back from a typically career ending achilles injury for Christ sake. His career numbers likely took a hit while he was rehabbing....???

SonOfLe-loLang
01-02-2013, 10:32 PM

Boltjolt is bronco hating? You don't say

DBroncos4life
01-02-2013, 10:35 PM

Is there a limit on star players in the NFL? Crabtree has better numbers then Thomas? Hold the phone a player with 21 more games then another player has better stats. Go figure.
Crabtree has 112 more catches, 1075 yards, and 5 more TDs then Thomas. You would think that would be something to be expected from a WR that has over a FULL season on a guy.

Also yes Dez Bryant is a star, he also had a much better QB throwing him the ball then Thomas before this season.

Popcorn Sutton
01-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Thomas isn't a star yet LOL

I guess he's our little secret. :giggle:

Boltjolt
01-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Yes, he's not what he used to be. Fine to admit he's better than Tamme. Light years? Not quite but keep on homering....

Tamme is an average TE, end of story.

OK dullard. I rounded up a game. His last 7 games he averaged 106 yards per game with Timmy Tebow. Not bad. Over a season that would be 1700 yards.
Not bad indeed but YOU said his last 8 season games which he would of averaged 60 yards per game. One huge playoff game lifts that average but they dont count for his season stats for which you said "Thomas was #2 in the NFL with Tim Tebow at QB during the last half of 2011"....so, WRONG!

You said he was better than Thomas AND Decker though. ROFL!

Going by your formula using stats, he was at the time. I was wrong about him bringing an impact.

OK Bolt Dolt. Don't use "the board" as a basis for your argument. I'm not "the board." Marshall and Welker are both elite receivers so meh.
Ok, cool...name calling now. In anycase, i dont know if you were a part of that or not but i got a lot of angry feedback from this board.

Based on your analysis. What does he need to do? Nearly 1500 yards and double digit TD production. OR, if you want to give me the Manning argument, averaging 106 yards per game after coming off of an achilles injury.
Read above. One good season doesnt make you a star. Trent Dilfer won a superbowl, is he a star? Is the Redskins rookie RB Alfred Morros a star right now? Whe you talk about the star RB's in this league, do you mention him? He may be soon but is he a star now?At least he did it year one. Tjis is Thomas 3rd and had his one good year with two meh's.

You don't need stats to know that Thomas is a star receiver. Because right no he isnt and im not saying he wont be. He just isnt right now. He had a breakout season.

Like I said, he averaged 106 yards per game for his last 7 games. I rounded up.

But you goofed. He did, but not in the regular season.

Right. Yep. I guess Elway signed him for $20 million per year average because he was funny on Saturday Night Live??

haha, well he took a chance. What if he got hit hard early and he was hurt most the year wit a sore neck...or whatever? Everyone would be saying it was a bad risk. Risks are a make or break. He was funny though on SNL.

Hey man, its your time again. Enjoy while you can and then Osweiler takes over.

Boltjolt
01-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Boltjolt is bronco hating? You don't say

Im not hating, i am having a discussion. Im not the one pulling out the name calling card.

DBroncos4life
01-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Since Dec. 1, Thomas is averaging 22.5 yards per catch. His 108.7 yards per game are second in the NFL behind only Lions star Calvin Johnson. Thomas' teammates say they couldn't be happier for him after all he has endured.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825ee60a/article/thomas-overcame-rocky-upbringing-to-become-broncos-hero

Boltjolt
01-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Since Dec. 1, Thomas is averaging 22.5 yards per catch. His 108.7 yards per game are second in the NFL behind only Lions star Calvin Johnson. Thomas' teammates say they couldn't be happier for him after all he has endured.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825ee60a/article/thomas-overcame-rocky-upbringing-to-become-broncos-hero

Well how can that be? Two of those games are playoff games so how can he be 2nd in the league when most the league isnt playing in the playoffs? Take those playoff games away and his last 5 games in the regular season are 89 YPG...which still isnt bad.
Im not denying he had some good games but it doesnt make sense that he was 2nd in the league after those games...oh wait, yes, i guess if the other 3/4 of the league dont play, that elevates him up the board.

That Jeff Darlington isnt very smart.

Bacchus
01-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Wow, boltjolt full of fail.

Action
01-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Wow, boltjolt full of fail.

Quite obviously. He said DT reminds him of Vincent Jackson. LOL

Does Randy Moss in his prime remind us of Vincent Jackson too?

Chris
01-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Boltdolt is getting bitchslapped left and right like blankman in an alley.

Bacchus
01-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Quite obviously. He said DT reminds him of Vincent Jackson. LOL

Does Randy Moss in his prime remind us of Vincent Jackson too?

Peyton Manning reminds him of Phillip Rivers, and Cujo reminds him of his toy poodle.

IA-Broncosfan53
01-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Ill give boltdolt credit, he leads fights back, and he is strategic about it. many logical fallacies that sort of make sense if you dont actually think about what he is saying.

Boltjolt
01-03-2013, 12:49 AM
Boltdolt is getting b****slapped left and right like blankman in an alley.

Eh its ok. I got this same reaction when i said Welker had better stats than Marshall (while he was still here) so he must be better. This place went nuts....kinda like now. Since then Marshalls stats have slowed some til he got back with Cutler while Welker has continued to light it up.

I dont expect a Bronco forum to see what im saying because im talking about their guy. Kinda like the Jets forum who some think Sanchez is better than Rivers and the Bears forum who thought Grossman was better than Brees...or was it Rivers. Either way, they were wrong.

In anycase, ill agree Thomas will be a star baring injury to him or Manning but c-mon, he had 32 receptions last season and less the year before.
He had a breakout year and is on his way to being a star. Nothing wrong with that except you guys want him to be a star now! Well do it again is all i can say and he very well should with Peyton there.

Thomas reminds me of VJ because the way they run, kind of long striders and both are big though VJ is taller.

RG3 threw for 3200 yards this year and wont be the ROY. Should go to Luck . I can see Russell Wilson get it over RG3 or even Alfred Morris though he is a long shot but he rushed for over 1600 yards and very much helped RG3. Sure he will be a star but right now he is a dynamic player. Speaking of which, is Russel Wilson a star right now?

Im sure glad none of you vote for the HOF'ers. Hell you would have everybody in there who had a few good years.

On another note,...Its too bad they wussed the league down. Records will fall at a fast pace and i remember when QB's got in the HOF that had more INTs than TD's, back when the CB's could actually fight the WR for possition and the ball and not get flagged. Elway and Marino would have thrown for 80,000 yards.

Action
01-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Eh its ok. I got this same reaction when i said Welker had better stats than Marshall (while he was still here) so he must be better. This place went nuts....kinda like now. Since then Marshalls stats have slowed some til he got back with Cutler while Welker has continued to light it up.

What are you talking about? Marshall's stats have been good/great no matter where he's been at...and you say Welker has continued to light up but disregard the fact he's played for 1 team with the same role for the past 5 years?

Welker and Marshall are two different receivers btw.

I dont expect a Bronco forum to see what im saying because im talking about their guy. Kinda like the Jets forum who some think Sanchez is better than Rivers and the Bears forum who thought Grossman was better than Brees...or was it Rivers. Either way, they were wrong.

It doesn't matter what type of fan you're talking to, you're not comparing DT to anyone in this situation. You're saying he's not a star... but what you really want to say he hasn't consistently produced yet. That's a fair shake, but we all know damn well what he brings to the table every time Broncos take the field, and that's an elite STAR WR in the league.

Thomas reminds me of VJ because the way they run, kind of long striders and both are big though VJ is taller.

Thomas is not just a "long strider"... He has quick feet hence his ability to run shorter routes better than VJ. VJ gets little separation from defenders...he just out muscles defenders with his height and reach.

Matter of fact, I wouldn't even describe Thomas' running technique as complete striding...he runs like a runner (if that makes sense).

Watch these GIFs...is this "long striding" to you?

http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/227544/tebow-beats-the-steelers-in-ot.gif

How in the blue hell does he remind you of Jackson?

Any tall WR is going to be classified as a long strider to be honest though. Let's be clear though, once again, DT and Jackson are not on the same level when it comes to athletic ability.

DT ran a 4.3.

RG3 threw for 3200 yards this year and wont be the ROY. Should go to Luck . I can see Russell Wilson get it over RG3 or even Alfred Morris though he is a long shot but he rushed for over 1600 yards and very much helped RG3. Sure he will be a star but right now he is a dynamic player. Speaking of which, is Russel Wilson a star right now?

Russell Wilson has been a star this season...he's a star rookie. So is RG3. So is Alfred Morris. They put the numbers up along with their teams record. Any rookie QB leading their team into the post season with double digit wins is a star...wtf are you going to call them? Scrubs?

Also, they really did LEAD their teams, not on some Mark Sanchez, lets manage the game BS. They put up great QB numbers for any QB in any system.

Now, are they PROVEN stars? That's to be told.

They aren't even comparable to DT since DT has been in the league for 3 years and he's showcased his talent already. His production numbers weren't there due to his QB/injury...but it was apparent he had elite talent. This is what you're missing.

Im sure glad none of you vote for the HOF'ers. Hell you would have everybody in there who had a few good years.

Star doesn't = HOF

gyldenlove
01-03-2013, 03:16 AM

In anycase, ill agree Thomas will be a star baring injury to him or Manning but c-mon, he had 32 receptions last season and less the year before.
He had a breakout year and is on his way to being a star. Nothing wrong with that except you guys want him to be a star now! Well do it again is all i can say and he very well should with Peyton there.

On another note,...Its too bad they wussed the league down. Records will fall at a fast pace and i remember when QB's got in the HOF that had more INTs than TD's, back when the CB's could actually fight the WR for possition and the ball and not get flagged. Elway and Marino would have thrown for 80,000 yards.

Since Marshall's sophomore season he has had more yards than Welker 4 times, Welker has had more yards than Marshall 2 times. Marshall has had more TDs than Welker 3 times, Welker has had more TDs 3 times. I am not sure how you conclude that Welker has better stats, even in his first year with the Dolphins Marshall had more yards than Welker - it gets even worse when you consider that Welker has done his damage playing with one of the greatest QBs of all time while Marshall has done it with Cutler, Chad Henne and Matt Moore.

I don't see how Alfred Morris, Griffin, Luck and Russell are relevant to debating people like Jacob Tamme, Demaryius Thomas, Vincent Jackson and Philip Rivers.

Is Antonio Gates better than Tamme right now? yes he is, but Gates has been in a steady decline over the last 4 years and unless the new coach in San Diego can teach Philip Rivers to play QB that slide is not going to end. Tamme is a good number 2 TE, he lacks the size and atleticism to be a top TE in the same league as guys like Gonzalez, Gronkowski and Graham.

cutthemdown
01-03-2013, 04:13 AM
Was Boltjolt the one saying he thought Royal and Meachum would be able to offset Vincent Jackson leaving?

Funny to me Norv Turner takes all the heat when all SD did for the last few yrs was not sign top FA and let all of their top FA walk. Well maybe not all of them but a lot. Ditching Sproles and Jackson makes no sense really to me. So those moves IMO were damaging to the SD offense. Then the kicker is they drafted Ryan Mathews really high and he didn't work out. Those things happening can really derail and offense.

Rivers IMO does seem poorly coached though and that falls on Turner I guess.

cutthemdown
01-03-2013, 04:15 AM
Also I agree Tamme totally average athletically speaking. Of course by avg we are comparing to pro football players who are studs compared to us mortals. Just think what Manning could do with an elite TE on this offense.

I'd love to rent a vet like Atl did with Gonzoles. A player like gates that looks old in SD would probably still kick ass for a couple more yrs on a good team.

SleepingTiger
01-03-2013, 08:24 AM
everyone has a different criteria for a star player... boltjolt is different from everyone elses. its his opinion... but whatever.

boltjolt, please name me your top 10 WR in the league right now. If you put VJ and Crabtree above DT, you're freaking nuts!

Here is my list:

1. Megatron
2. AJ Green
3. Fitzgerald
4. Andre Johnson
5. Marshall
6. DT
7. Julio Jones
8. Welker
9. Dez
10. Roddy White

I hate rating Fitzgerald so high, but he has no one throwing him the rock.

Bacchus
01-03-2013, 12:43 PM
everyone has a different criteria for a star player... boltjolt is different from everyone elses. its his opinion... but whatever.

boltjolt, please name me your top 10 WR in the league right now. If you put VJ and Crabtree above DT, you're freaking nuts!

Here is my list:

1. Megatron
2. AJ Green
3. Fitzgerald
4. Andre Johnson
5. Marshall
6. DT
7. Julio Jones
8. Welker
9. Dez
10. Roddy White

I hate rating Fitzgerald so high, but he has no one throwing him the rock.

That list is bogus. You have to have at least two raiders on it for it to be legit. Do you know how fast they are?

SonOfLe-loLang
01-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Also I agree Tamme totally average athletically speaking. Of course by avg we are comparing to pro football players who are studs compared to us mortals. Just think what Manning could do with an elite TE on this offense.

I'd love to rent a vet like Atl did with Gonzoles. A player like gates that looks old in SD would probably still kick ass for a couple more yrs on a good team.

Maybe I'm crazy, but i still have hopes for Julius Thomas, entering his third year. Maybe he cant block worth ****, but the Broncos dont seem to ask Tamme to do a ton of that. Thomas looks to be a pretty good athlete and, once upon a time, performed well even if it was just preseason and TC.

Irish Stout
01-03-2013, 03:26 PM
The top 5 WRs in receiving yards are all stars in this league - that would be:
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Andre Johnson
3. Brandon Marshall
4. Demaryius Thomas
5. Vincent Jackson

Dez Bryant is a star for being a poopy head.

Popcorn Sutton
01-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Kinda like the Jets forum who some think Sanchez is better than Rivers and the Bears forum who thought Grossman was better than Brees...or was it Rivers. Either way, they were wrong.

LOL

Kind of like Bolt jolt talking about Meachem, Floyd and the Chargers bunch in this thread.

Popcorn Sutton
01-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Tamme is an average TE, end of story.

Yep, an average Tight End that outpaced your boy in receptions and yards this year while having a number 2 Tight End who saw a lot of action.

What's that say about Gates? YOU are the one pumping up your players here. That's why I recalled this thread.

Popcorn Sutton
01-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Was Boltjolt the one saying he thought Royal and Meachum would be able to offset Vincent Jackson leaving?

Yes sir. In this thread.

Boltjolt
01-03-2013, 07:48 PM
everyone has a different criteria for a star player... boltjolt is different from everyone elses. its his opinion... but whatever.[/qyuote]

I wouldnt say mine differs from everyone elses, im just not overrating my home teams guy. Now take that how you want but again im not saying he wont be a star. He is IMO going to be a star IF he keeps this up but there are some that did that and then fizzle out. Eddie Royal for instance. As a rookie had over 90 caches, hasnt come close since. Micheal Clayton had a big rookie year with over 80 catches aand went down hill from there so they are not stars after ONE good season which is what Thomas has had...one good season so no he isnt a star yet.

[QUOTE]boltjolt, please name me your top 10 WR in the league right now. If you put VJ and Crabtree above DT, you're freaking nuts!

Really? So your telling me VJ has no nusiness being ahead of Thomas? Id say YOUR nuts. VJ has been puting up numbers for years now and always has had a big YPC and had a 19.2 YPC this year and finished only 50 yards less with 22 less receptions. Id say there are some big plays being made there...as he usually makes. He has a career YPC ave of 17.8, thats a career ave. Thomas didnt have that this year.
You let me know what team right now would be willing to give Thomas 55 million. Sorry bud, your crazy if you dont think VJ should be ahead of Thomas and your nuts for having him at #6 while leaving VJ off. I would think the sixth best WR in the league would be going to the probowl.

As for Crabtree, i never said he was a star. I asked you guys that, which was my point. He has better career numbers than Thomas. Has been pretty good every season(had decent number s as a rookie after holding out and missing games a the start of the season) and was comparable in numbers this year yet you just said he isnt a star and Thomas is?

Here is my list:

1. Megatron
2. AJ Green
3. Fitzgerald
4. Andre Johnson
5. Marshall
6. DT
7. Julio Jones
8. Welker
9. Dez
10. Roddy White

Mine would be something like:

1.Megatron
2.Fitz(agree he had nobody throwing to him)
3. Andre Johnson
4. Marshall
5. Roddy White
6. Julio Jones
7. Reggie Wayne
8. Wes Welker
9. Vince Jackson
10.AJ Green

And id put Dez Bryant ahead of Thomas. Bryant is a bit of a head case but he has much better overall numbers in the same timespan, has returned punts for TD's and at this point looks to be better and on the cusp of being a star.

Popcorn Sutton
01-03-2013, 07:53 PM

What part of torn achilles do you not understand?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/thomas-big-receiver-whos-coming-bigger

After injuries limited him to seven starts in his first two seasons in Denver, Thomas has had a breakout season with Manning delivering sharp passes and pointers alike.

If you want to have credibility then stop grading his reception totals for 2 years where he had 7 whopping starts while recovering from a ruptured achilles and fractured foot.

Popcorn Sutton
01-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Ha, AJ Green at number 10. Nice. Credibility = 0

Popcorn Sutton
01-03-2013, 08:06 PM
I wouldnt say mine differs from everyone elses, im just not overrating my home teams guy.

Hilarious!LOLROFL! You are unreal. You don't even need to leave this thread. It's the very reason I recalled it. Your overrating of the Chargers receivers and downplaying of everything Broncos.

Boltjolt
01-03-2013, 08:07 PM
What part of torn achilles do you not understand?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/thomas-big-receiver-whos-coming-bigger

If you want to have credibility then stop grading his reception totals for 2 years where he had 7 whopping starts while recovering from a ruptured achilles and fractured foot.

Started 7 but played in 21. Someone thought he could go out there ???. But ok, i can agree on that.Still, he has one good season under his belt which doesnt make him a star yet. Does this again next season, then we can debate this but id probably be more inclined to agree he is right there than i am this year.

Boltjolt
01-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Hilarious!LOLROFL! You are unreal. You don't even need to leave this thread. It's the very reason I recalled it. Your overrating of the Chargers receivers and downplaying of everything Broncos.

Not really. Before this season your WR's were more unproven than ours with a QB who wasnt certain to be the same player but certainly we all knew if he could, big things could happen , and they did.
Even Meachem was more proven but as i admitted he didnt bring an impact for us that we thought he would.

I think thats a reasonable thing to say at the time. You just dont want to be reasonable. I understand you bringing this back up as well but you know, nobody expected a Norv Turner offense to be #31 in the league and lead the league in sacks allowed either. Thats what a crap OL does for you.

Boltjolt
01-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Ha, AJ Green at number 10. Nice. Credibility = 0

Please explain why you think he deserves to be higher on that list?
You can move those guys around on that list and it isnt that big a deal, but th list wouldnt change for me. Not to say i think is isnt as good as some of the others. If i reversed him and Welker, or even put him above or below Julio Jones, id be fine with it.
But, you can give your reasons if you like.

Gcver2ver3
01-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Not really. Before this season your WR's were more unproven than ours with a QB who wasnt certain to be the same player but certainly we all knew if he could, big things could happen , and they did.
Even Meachem was more proven but as i admitted he didnt bring an impact for us that we thought he would.

I think thats a reasonable thing to say at the time. You just dont want to be reasonable. I understand you bringing this back up as well but you know, nobody expected a Norv Turner offense to be #31 in the league and lead the league in sacks allowed either. Thats what a crap OL does for you.

why can't you just admit you were wrong about DT and Decker... they were better than you thought and certainly better than SD WR core...

its not illegal to be wrong from time to time...

just own it bro...

Boltjolt
01-03-2013, 08:36 PM
why can't you just admit you were wrong about DT and Decker... they were better than you thought and certainly better than SD WR core...

its not illegal to be wrong from time to time...

just own it bro...

Didnt i do that? I explained why i said that at the time.

Yes Decker and DT were better than i thought but Decker i think is an above ave WR who benefits from Manning and Tamme is just average. Hey i could be wrong still about Decker but he will get numbers with Peyton. Look at Tamme and what he was without him. In Peytons last two seasons, he has 850 completions,.... thats crazy. Somebody is going to benefit from that and id be estatic to be a WR playing with him.
All im saying now is DT isnt a star yet because he did it only once. I think it is inevidable with Peyton but you have to do it again and be consistant to be star players.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Didnt i do that? I explained why i said that at the time.

Yes Decker and DT were better than i thought but Decker i think is an above ave WR who benefits from Manning and Tamme is just average. Hey i could be wrong still about Decker but he will get numbers with Peyton. Look at Tamme and what he was without him. In Peytons last two seasons, he has 850 completions,.... thats crazy. Somebody is going to benefit from that and id be estatic to be a WR playing with him.
All im saying now is DT isnt a star yet because he did it only once. I think it is inevidable with Peyton but you have to do it again and be consistant to be star players.

Of course a WR benefits from a QB. We all agree with Fitz as an example. But its not just a QB. These guys have to catch the ball. They have to run precise routes and get separation. You cannot coach a WR to have DT physical traits.

Archer81
01-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Broncos TEs combined for 90+ catches. Great production from an area the Broncos have been lacking in for awhile. Then you have Decker, Thomas and Stokley combining for 200+ receptions.

Its a good group.

:Broncos:

Boltjolt
01-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Since Marshall's sophomore season he has had more yards than Welker 4 times, Welker has had more yards than Marshall 2 times. Marshall has had more TDs than Welker 3 times, Welker has had more TDs 3 times. I am not sure how you conclude that Welker has better stats, even in his first year with the Dolphins Marshall had more yards than Welker - it gets even worse when you consider that Welker has done his damage playing with one of the greatest QBs of all time while Marshall has done it with Cutler, Chad Henne and Matt Moore.

Wasnt going to address this but i wanted to point out i said that about Welker and Marshall three years ago...as i said when Marshall was still on your team.
There was more to it than that but i just said the jist of it. And i wasnt taking anything away from Marshall, just going off of somebody's statement and using Welkers numbers to counter., to be brief.

But yes, Marshall is a wideout while Welker is mostly a slot/possesion WR so he wont put up as many yards or YPC. He gets many short passes from Brady.

Is Antonio Gates better than Tamme right now? yes he is, but Gates has been in a steady decline over the last 4 years and unless the new coach in San Diego can teach Philip Rivers to play QB that slide is not going to end. Tamme is a good number 2 TE, he lacks the size and atleticism to be a top TE in the same league as guys like Gonzalez, Gronkowski and Graham.

Gates has had foot problems and hadnt been right for two years. He was right this year but the offense a a whole stunk and was #31 in the league. A first for a Norv Turner offense but the OL is soo bad. Evderybodies numbers went south this year due to using 17 different players on the OL.which was the worst in the league.

Agree on Tamme, but i do think Peyton makes him look better than he is. Thats what great QB's do and i have to give props to Peyton as much a i can for what he did this year coming off injury and at his age to boot.

Rivers will be fine once they get him some damn protection and he can stop trying to be superman out there and making dumb mistakes. He stopped doing that the last 5 games and only had 1 INT and that one was a throw on a last drive of a game.

Popcorn Sutton
01-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Please explain why you think he deserves to be higher on that list?
You can move those guys around on that list and it isnt that big a deal, but th list wouldnt change for me. Not to say i think is isnt as good as some of the others. If i reversed him and Welker, or even put him above or below Julio Jones, id be fine with it.
But, you can give your reasons if you like.

Perhaps you should ask John Harbaugh.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000058444/article/john-harbaugh-aj-green-might-be-best-receiver-in-nfl

I know, I know. You know better than he does. He's an idiot.

cutthemdown
01-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Welker is nowhere near the players on that list. He's great because he plays with Brady but he can't physically match what players like C Johnson, Larry Fitz, D Thomas, Marshall etc etc. He's a great NFL player that easily falls into the top 10, but not the top 5 NFL studs.

Welker is a great player though, but made much much better by the team he plays on.

cutthemdown
01-03-2013, 10:04 PM
BOLT JOLT my biggest problem was how you really thought Meachum would offset Vincent Jackson. He's so far below him talent wise its hard to believe you really thought that. I could see if the players were closer in ability but its so obvious they aren't.

I think once again people forgot how good Brees is and that its not the WR in NO outside of Colston who is really a stud when healthy.

cutthemdown
01-03-2013, 10:07 PM
I can go along with DT isn't a star yet outside of Denver because he hasn't done it enough years in a row to get the media attention for that. But on ability and how he looks I bet almost any scout in the NFL would label him most likely of the young WR to join the Brandon Marshall/Calvin Johnson type club. I love it it means the Broncos not only are really good right now, but really young also.

The playmakers on defense, on offense, outside of Bailey and Manning are all young. Hell those 2 old dudes may play 3 more yrs after this in Denver and still be going.

Boltjolt
01-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Perhaps you should ask John Harbaugh.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000058444/article/john-harbaugh-aj-green-might-be-best-receiver-in-nfl

I know, I know. You know better than he does. He's an idiot.

OK, so? Green is a great player. If i had him #6 would you be complaining? I would be fine if i had him #6, I still dont see your explanation, just hand it over the the internet, :giggle:
It isnt worth a discussion imo.

Boltjolt
01-03-2013, 10:21 PM
BOLT JOLT my biggest problem was how you really thought Meachum would offset Vincent Jackson. He's so far below him talent wise its hard to believe you really thought that. I could see if the players were closer in ability but its so obvious they aren't.

I think once again people forgot how good Brees is and that its not the WR in NO outside of Colston who is really a stud when healthy.

I thought as a whole they would offset him. Meachum i didnt think was as good but thought he would contribute a lot and show more talent than he has before thats for sure. Just hope he can step it up next season. Cant be worse. One guy that is going to be a good player is Vincent Brown. He missed the whole year with a broken ankle that happened in preseason.

cutthemdown
01-03-2013, 11:57 PM
I thought as a whole they would offset him. Meachum i didnt think was as good but thought he would contribute a lot and show more talent than he has before thats for sure. Just hope he can step it up next season. Cant be worse. One guy that is going to be a good player is Vincent Brown. He missed the whole year with a broken ankle that happened in preseason.

Brown maybe that kid does seem to have nice size and good hands. But with meachum we will have to disagree. He only made plays because defenses gave him 0 consideration in NO. The offense was so loaded you only think he can make those same sort of plays in SD.

Sure he can if you have Brown become as good as Colston, Mathews start playing like Sproles, and gates get back to his old self. Then maybe he would get deep once every other game or so for a big play. Meachum was a desperation move. I think its fair to say both DT and Decker would start on SD right now. Brown maybe gets there but Floyd and Meachum are roll players IMO. Not true NFL starters.

DENVERDUI55
01-04-2013, 08:21 AM

I'll say as I did when you signed Meachum. If you can't produce against #3 and #4 DB's with Drew Brees as your QB in a pass happy system, what makes you think he would produce as a #1 or #2 WR?