PDA

View Full Version : Saturday to Packers

Pages : 1 [2]

Jay3
03-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Given that he canceled his visit here without even knowing what we were willing to pay him says he wanted to play for GB. We are left to speculate as to why.

He doesnt' want to get yelled at and/or spit on.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u_-Lypb5QZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My favorite is when the big lineman tells Manning "GO SIT DOWN!" to which Manning replies "I will sit down!!"

ZONA
03-24-2012, 08:22 PM
I wonder how important the center's line calls are to the offense and how complicated it is? You would think if it were absolutely essential, they would have made him an offer he couldnt refuse.

I don't think the centers got much in word wise, with Manning jabbering at the LOS for 20 seconds on every snap. I think it's more Manning calling all the protections. Saturday was the beneficiary of playing with Manning. I have feeling Walton and the other guys will look better with Manning putting the offense in better situations because of his ability to read defenses and call the right audible, and his quick release.

maven
03-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Close
Jeff Saturday's two-year deal in Green Bay is worth $7.75 million, including $4 million this season.

ohhhhh **** thats a lot of money for his old ass. im glad we didnt over pay him

Glad he never came to Denver.

barryr
03-24-2012, 09:02 PM
People need to come to grips that until the Broncos win a Super Bowl in the next year or two or at least show they are serious contenders, there just isn't going to be a mass of good players wanting to sign for less to play for them with or without Manning at QB.

baja
03-24-2012, 09:28 PM
I'd love to know just how disappointed the FO is about missing out on Saturday.

houghtam
03-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Jeff Saturday felt wanted by Pack

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7734318/2012-nfl-free-agency-jeff-saturday-called-peyton-manning-explain-green-bay-packers-choice

"I told him I don't think the Broncos wanted me as much as he did. They've got things going on that they're happy with and are moving forward with and I didn't think it was an exact fit. I always felt like in Green Bay I was their very first choice."