PDA

View Full Version : Tebow still a Bronco!

Gort
03-23-2012, 07:46 AM
for another 24 hours.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tim-tebow-still-isn-t-technically-york-jet-125344828.html

Ronnie Tsunami
03-23-2012, 07:51 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/nikkiloveass_045/makeitcount.gif

g6matty
03-23-2012, 07:52 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a32/TKELuke/ohNO.jpg

Meck77
03-23-2012, 07:55 AM
I appreciate everything about last season but it's official for me. I'm glad he's gone and we have a QB focused on football. Tebow's a great kid but at the end of the day his focus really isn't about winning a SB and he would be the first to admit that.

spdirty
03-23-2012, 08:07 AM
I appreciate everything about last season but it's official for me. I'm glad he's gone and we have a QB focused on football. Tebow's a great kid but at the end of the day his focus really isn't about winning a SB and he would be the first to admit that.

Yep.

BroncoBeavis
03-23-2012, 08:23 AM

That comment is both epicly retarded and really bad juju.

You can be sure of one thing. Tim Tebow will dream at night of ways to prove the Denver Broncos wrong. And he'll work day and night to make it happen.

McDman
03-23-2012, 08:31 AM
The Jets are such a joke.

Captain 'Dre
03-23-2012, 08:32 AM

You can be sure of one thing. Tim Tebow will dream at night of ways to prove the Denver Broncos wrong. And he'll work day and night to make it happen.

^^^ This

Tim doesn't cave to adversity or disappointment. He works to overcome it.

Sure, Tim might say that winning a Super Bowl isn't the most important thing in life, but he'd also say that when you focus on having things right in your life spiritually, everything else falls into place.

BroncoBeavis
03-23-2012, 08:35 AM
^^^ This

Tim doesn't cave to adversity or disappointment. He works to overcome it.

Sure, Tim might say that winning a Super Bowl isn't the most important thing in life, but he'd also say that when you focus on having things right in your life spiritually, everything else falls into place.

I also find it ironic that people act like this guy

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdsz9Wz-l0ehz4UX80Z2jCjKOkbzX3FQc50BJXDWJXQXH3QbfI

Eats Sleeps and Breathes for nothing but Lombardis. :)

Dedhed
03-23-2012, 08:36 AM
It's the height of stupidity to say that because Tebow has his priorities in line he's not committed to winning a SB. Beyond dumb.

chawknz
03-23-2012, 08:36 AM
This is obviously god trying to tell him to stay in Denver. BAD GOD!

El Guapo
03-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Tebow and Rex Ryan are polar opposites. Should be interesting. Either way, I cant wait for the Tebow threads to stop and logical conversations to ensue. With that said, I'm still sure we will see threads about Tebow and how stupid we are whenever he has a good game.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-23-2012, 10:05 AM

Too bad his skill set wont allow it to happen

Steve Sewell
03-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Tebow and Rex Ryan are polar opposites. Should be interesting. Either way, I cant wait for the Tebow threads to stop and logical conversations to ensue. With that said, I'm still sure we will see threads about Tebow and how stupid we are whenever he has a good game.

There are still arguments about Cutler on this board, if that tells you anything.

bendog
03-23-2012, 10:09 AM
You guys really think the NY media will not escalate this mania to new heights? This is gonna be great. My father's family are more or less Jests fans (more so Mets), and they are not a nice group. LOL

Chris
03-23-2012, 10:10 AM

Normally I agree with you but I don't know what you're smoking with this comment.

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/THE-PASSION-OF-THE-TEBOW.gif

Totally in it for the money and the platform... LOL

bendog
03-23-2012, 10:11 AM
There are still arguments about Cutler on this board, if that tells you anything.

Yeah, but even the cutler haters (joshnuthuggers) aside, there's a great irony in FrownCannon getting pounded in Chi, where qbs go to die. Bowlen was in the process of forcing him on McIdiot when FrownCannon decided he didn't want to be in Den. Be very careful of what you ask for. LOL

Rohirrim
03-23-2012, 10:12 AM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdsz9Wz-l0ehz4UX80Z2jCjKOkbzX3FQc50BJXDWJXQXH3QbfI

Don't worry. At some point, the butt-hurt will subside.

bendog
03-23-2012, 10:13 AM
I think it is more that Teebs is in it for the glory of his God. All things are second to that, and football is a means to that end. He's a hell of a competitor though. His committment to practice is questionable, though.

ludo21
03-23-2012, 10:15 AM
keep him!

Meck77
03-23-2012, 10:24 AM
:poke:Normally I agree with you but I don't know what you're smoking with this comment.

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/THE-PASSION-OF-THE-TEBOW.gif

Totally in it for the money and the platform... LOL

:poke:

Just making them a little jumpy Chris. Talking about Tebow is not talking about a QB. It's so much more to so many. Was just making a point.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Tebow walk away from the game suddenly for a higher calling though.

DarkHorse30
03-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Agreed.

Even more of a joke is Doug Gottleib of ESPN, subbing for Cowherd - who hates the Broncos (charger fan), and mocked Tebow consistently when he was with the Broncos, but now has changed his tune that he is with the Jets. Unfortunately for him, he had Herm Edwards on (who is funnier than hell and speaks his mind every time); who said the Jets now have a 2-headed QB. He also compared Sanchez to Alex Smith. I'm PRAYING that the Jets don't get ANOTHER chance to back out of this deal. The Ryan family is loaded with idiots, starting with the old man, IMO.

UberBroncoMan
03-23-2012, 12:54 PM

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/aaron-rodgers-state-farm.jpg

This dude sucks too right?

HILife
03-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Going to miss Tebow when he's gone. Really wanted to keep him.

lod01
03-23-2012, 02:10 PM

Great place for this joke to land.

orangeatheist
03-23-2012, 02:13 PM

Yeah, because Tebow is such a vindictive person. You sound like Pat Robertson hoping for bad karma to follow the team for trading away Timmy. But, of course, you're right. I'm so glad you joined the forum to set morons like Meck straight. Lord knows he's the biggest Bronco pseudofan to ever learn how to drive a bus.

Gort
03-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah, because Tebow is such a vindictive person. You sound like Pat Robertson hoping for bad karma to follow the team for trading away Timmy. But, of course, you're right. I'm so glad you joined the forum to set morons like Meck straight. Lord knows he's the biggest Bronco pseudofan to ever learn how to drive a bus.

that's not actually what Robertson said. i heard the quote and he used a common idiom that we all use. the people distorting what he said are doing so knowingly as a way of attacking him. it's pretty predictable actually and right out of Rules for Radicals.

what Robertson said was that Manning has a history of injuries now and that if he gets injured, it'd "serve the Broncos right" for how they treated Tebow.

that's no different than a parent scolding a child who disobeys them by telling them "serves you right".

for example,

parent: don't touch that stove.
idiot child touches stove.
idiot child: waaaaaahhhhhh! my hand hurts.
parent: serves you right for not listening to me.

all that said, Robertson shouldn't serve up red meat to his enemies like this because he knows what they are going to do with it. but what he said is nowhere near how it's been portrayed by those hysterical people attacking him over it, like that idiot Chris Chase at yahoo sports who has totally misrepresented the quote and context.

bendog
03-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Pat Robertson's whole schtick is out of Rules for Radicals. He's been ripping off Mooks with the act for 70 years. Hopefully, he'll die soon.

Gort
03-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Pat Robertson's whole schtick is out of Rules for Radicals. He's been ripping off Mooks with the act for 70 years. Hopefully, he'll die soon.

i don't think he's a ripoff artist. i think he sincerely believes it. i'm not an evangelical. i'm not a protestant. i cringe a bit when i see tape of him answer callers prayers via the phone. but i don't think he's scamming anyone. he grew up in a wealthy family. his father was a US Senator IIRC.

but wishing for him to die... that's a bit harsh don't you think?

BroncoBeavis
03-23-2012, 02:47 PM

I think you're confusing competitiveness with vindictiveness. The guy has thrived on proving people wrong since he was a kid. They always said he couldn't. He always did.

Blueflame
03-23-2012, 02:54 PM

Seems to me that I've seen more than one Tebow commercial on tv too, so your point is? ???

TDmvp
03-23-2012, 02:58 PM

Dude ... I don't even like the guy but wishing death on him ? Really ?...

bendog
03-23-2012, 03:01 PM
he sells hate. I'm not a fan of the little hitler either. He's not exactly offering Jesus love to denver, so **** him in the extremis. I wish him ill in return. So ****ing sue me. Teebs is a nice kid though.

rbackfactory80
03-23-2012, 03:01 PM
I think you're confusing competitiveness with vindictiveness. The guy has thrived on proving people wrong since he was a kid. They always said he couldn't. He always did.

You, as well as many others, will be vindicated.

CEH
03-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Circle is complete. Manning to Broncos, Tebow to Jets, Stanton to COlts

bombay
03-23-2012, 03:08 PM

Absolute horse****. A five star recruit, with offers from every major school in the country, to a 1st round NFL draft pick, to a full time starter in his 2nd pro season. Lies like this are why people think the teblowers are full of it.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/colorado/football/recruiting/player-Tim-Tebow-31436;_ylt=AlkjjRgo4Xesgbd1.ygxBkLwOrF_

lolcopter
03-23-2012, 03:09 PM

Stop hating on our QB doucher

baja
03-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Pat Roberson gets a bad rap.

He is like the George Bush of Evangelical religion.

He intentionally suffers all the negativity from the general populous by acting out so outlandishly in order to clearly demonstrate the flawed dogma he represents for what it really is. Because of Pat's clown act even the most obtuse see the hypocrisy. George did the same thing for the neo con movement.

We owe a debt to both George Bush and Pat Robertson. ;D

BroncoBeavis
03-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Seems to me that I've seen more than one Tebow commercial on tv too, so your point is? ???

I think you just made it for me.

BroncoBeavis
03-23-2012, 04:53 PM
[/B]

Absolute horse****. A five star recruit, with offers from every major school in the country, to a 1st round NFL draft pick, to a full time starter in his 2nd pro season. Lies like this are why people think the teblowers are full of it.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/colorado/football/recruiting/player-Tim-Tebow-31436;_ylt=AlkjjRgo4Xesgbd1.ygxBkLwOrF_

Wow, you might want to take this up with everyone calling him a fullback. :)

In truth people always wanted to make him a linebacker because he wasn't built right for a QB. Are you saying people had no doubts about Tebow at the HS and College levels? Cuz that's certainly news to 90% of the OM.

Blueflame
03-23-2012, 05:58 PM
I think you just made it for me.

How so? The suggestion wasn't that "making commercials" was taking precedence over football for Tebow; it was that "being an ambassador for his faith" is.

BroncoBeavis
03-23-2012, 06:38 PM
How so? The suggestion wasn't that "making commercials" was taking precedence over football for Tebow; it was that "being an ambassador for his faith" is.
Some represent their lord and savior. Others Mastercard and Sony.

Being a good husband and father is a pretty big and time consuming priority too. Manning's obviously chosen kids over trofeez.

The whole thing is a dumb take on Tebow. You won't find a more dedicated young player. His teammates and coaches have said so repeatedly.

errand
03-23-2012, 08:49 PM

So those energy drinks he pedals and the nike commercials represent his Lord and Savior how?

Being a good husband and father is a pretty big and time consuming priority too. Manning's obviously chosen kids over trofeez.

Are you seriously questioning Manning's work ethic? Just because he spends more time doing film study and throwing accurate passes doesn't mean he's not a hard worker....maybe if Tebow did likewise instead of hitting tires with sledge hammers, he'd be alot more like Peyton Manning who has won a trophy....and 4 NFL MVP's to go with his SB MVP...I think that says he's a pretty well grounded guy who goes to work and does his job, and then goes home and takes care of his wife and kids

The whole thing is a dumb take on Tebow. You won't find a more dedicated young player. His teammates and coaches have said so repeatedly.

The NFL is loaded with dedicated young players...and old ones too. They just don't have videos made of their work out sessions for publicity

in bold

lonestar
03-23-2012, 08:51 PM

So what wAs his focus?

Gort
03-23-2012, 09:40 PM
So what wAs his focus?

his main focus last year was trying to save Kyle Orton's soul. he failed.

Kyle Orton is now a Dallas Cowboy. his soul is forever damaged.

maven
03-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Is Tebow the first backup QB ever to get a press conference when traded to a new team?

lolcopter
03-23-2012, 11:44 PM

omg stfu and gtfo already

forreal

SJ Bronco
03-24-2012, 12:11 AM

Did you expect the coaches and players to come out talking about how bad his throwing mechanics are or how he can't read a defense. Would seem counter productive to winning, and you act like Tim is the only nice guy in the NFL. In fact, watching interviews where his teammates and coaches constantly reach for adjectives that most successful QB's don't need used like "improving" and "motivated" tells me more about how good his teammates where to him, than vice versa.

Blueflame
03-24-2012, 01:47 AM

Looks to me like the original comment was tongue-in-cheek; intended to knot some Fruit of the Looms... and it worked.

No1BroncoFan
03-24-2012, 03:14 AM
I cant wait for the Tebow threads to stop and logical conversations to ensue.

Logical conversations?!? HERE?!?!?

You're kidding, right?

Drek
03-24-2012, 03:20 AM
Is Tebow the first backup QB ever to get a press conference when traded to a new team?

You really think he's going to be the backup?

Dirty's fragile little muppet brain couldn't handle when they had grandpa Brunell take a few practice snaps last year. How you think he's going to handle Tebow getting snaps in camp, pre-season, etc. and then also getting to run wild cat packages during games?

Sanchez is going to melt down in epic fashion, lining up an ideal transition where Tebow takes over a team with a strong defense and OL. Primed for another win streak, this time in ESPN's back yard.

BroncoBeavis
03-24-2012, 08:11 AM
You really think he's going to be the backup?

Dirty's fragile little muppet brain couldn't handle when they had grandpa Brunell take a few practice snaps last year. How you think he's going to handle Tebow getting snaps in camp, pre-season, etc. and then also getting to run wild cat packages during games?

Sanchez is going to melt down in epic fashion, lining up an ideal transition where Tebow takes over a team with a strong defense and OL. Primed for another win streak, this time in ESPN's back yard.

With an OC excited about what he brings to the table.

BroncoBeavis
03-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Looks to me like the original comment was tongue-in-cheek; intended to knot some Fruit of the Looms... and it worked.

Most of us call that trolling.

Don't matter to me. I'll defend the kid all day, every day because he gave every ounce he had to to the team.

BroncoBeavis
03-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Did you expect the coaches and players to come out talking about how bad his throwing mechanics are or how he can't read a defense. Would seem counter productive to winning, and you act like Tim is the only nice guy in the NFL. In fact, watching interviews where his teammates and coaches constantly reach for adjectives that most successful QB's don't need used like "improving" and "motivated" tells me more about how good his teammates where to him, than vice versa.

Everyone struggles to read defenses out of the gate. It's like how a mastermind like Peyton can lead the league in INTs their first 16 games. i'm sure Tebow could've taken more chances and thrown more picks. But that's how you end up 3-13 instead of 9-7. It's an adjustment for any qb.

CEH
03-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Everyone struggles to read defenses out of the gate. It's like how a mastermind like Peyton can lead the league in INTs their first 16 games. i'm sure Tebow could've taken more chances and thrown more picks. But that's how you end up 3-13 instead of 9-7. It's an adjustment for any qb.

Tebow needs to play in order to read defense. Playing out of the wildcat doesn't teach Tebow one thing about reading a defense. It's more about the other team than it will be about Tebow gettting better. If he can overtake Sanchez then he'll get more experience. Good luck throwing wobbliers in the wind in NJ. We saw how his ducks wobbled in BUFF. He will really have to improve to be a full time QB in NYC

canadianbroncosfan
03-24-2012, 08:28 AM

Unfortunately for Sparano, his ability to run his form of the option/wildcat has been worn out in the AFC East. That's why the Dolphins went from division champs to where they are now.

BroncoBeavis
03-24-2012, 08:33 AM
Tebow needs to play in order to read defense. Playing out of the wildcat doesn't teach Tebow one thing about reading a defense. It's more about the other team than it will be about Tebow gettting better. If he can overtake Sanchez then he'll get more experience. Good luck throwing wobbliers in the wind in NJ. We saw how his ducks wobbled in BUFF. He will really have to improve to be a full time QB in NYC

Wildcat won't teach him much about reading NFL defenses, true. But neither would throwing out of tight power formations which was our plan. Hopefully they'll See what was staring McCoy in the face and give the kid at least 3 wide with some out of the shotgun outside the 2 minute drill.

BroncoBeavis
03-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Unfortunately for Sparano, his ability to run his form of the option/wildcat has been worn out in the AFC East. That's why the Dolphins went from division champs to where they are now.

The pass threat changes the dynamic a bit though. Although I know I know. Tebow's just a fullback.

bendog
03-24-2012, 08:42 AM

Don't matter to me. I'll defend the kid all day, every day because he gave every ounce he had to to the team.

manlove

CEH
03-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Wildcat won't teach him much about reading NFL defenses, true. But neither would throwing out of tight power formations which was our plan. Hopefully they'll See what was staring McCoy in the face and give the kid at least 3 wide with some out of the shotgun outside the 2 minute drill.

We'll see I wish the kid luck but the NFL is the absolute best league at adjusting to a players weakness and forcing him into those situations.

To assume the coaches in Denver were holding Tebow back is ludicrious.

It will be up to Tim to improve

maher_tyler
03-24-2012, 08:52 AM

I agree with this. Although I'm sure he's thinking that it's nice to have coaches etc that want him there.

BroncoBeavis
03-24-2012, 08:52 AM
We'll see I wish the kid luck but the NFL is the absolute best league at adjusting to a players weakness and forcing him into those situations.

To assume the coaches in Denver were holding Tebow back is ludicrious.

It will be up to Tim to improve

Hopefully we'll get the opportunity to see it play out. That's the only way to find out.

maven
03-24-2012, 09:24 AM

Tony Sporano, offfense, I laughed.

Ha!

LOL

ROFL!

DarkHorse30
03-24-2012, 11:34 AM
It's all up to Tebow - if he learns how to read defenses and throw short better, he has a chance to beat Sanchez to be the starter. Unfortunately, I think the skill players for the Jets aren't as patient as our WRs were. I think they'll lose interest in the running game and anything that even smells like wildcat. They want the ball. They don't want to contribute to Tebow learning how to be a QB.

Also, the gimmick stuff won't fly with Sanchez, and really won't fly with Tebow either. It's like playing both ends against the middle. I would love for it to work, especially against McIdiot, but I doubt it will. Like the post said, the Jets have turned themselves into a circus now, and Tebow apparently is along for the ride.

I also think he will give it up within two years, unless he gets a spot (like he had in Denver before Manning became available) where he had a good, patient team around him - including coaches.

Blueflame
03-24-2012, 12:03 PM

Meh. I rather suspect Tebow's own skin is a tad thicker than that of some of his more ardent defenders.

BroncoBeavis
03-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Meh. I rather suspect Tebow's own skin is a tad thicker than that of some of his more ardent defenders.

Think you could say that about most celebs. Part and parcel. Doesn't mean we should only listen to the detractors.

Blueflame
03-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Think you could say that about most celebs. Part and parcel. Doesn't mean we should only listen to the detractors.

Fame/notoriety brings a "mixed bag"... the spotlight brings both supporters and haters, so a thick skin is a necessity for anyone who's under the glare of media attention.