PDA

View Full Version : Larsen

MABroncoFan
03-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Sounds like Spencer Larsen likely to NE based on a couple of tweets I saw.

Tombstone RJ
03-22-2012, 04:40 PM
bummer, I liked Larsen... good STs guy...

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-22-2012, 04:41 PM
I remember that game he had against the falcons. Playing offense and defense? That was a great game. Until shanahan was caught on camera pickin his nose.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-22-2012, 04:43 PM
I doubt we use an FB much this year. Seems like we're losing a lot of FAs though

Jekyll15Hyde
03-22-2012, 04:53 PM
good riddance

g6matty
who cares

Chris
good riddance

Why good riddance? He was solid in ST and a good bronco. Just don't slip in the shower on your way over there Spencer...

Also this is significant because it brings down our mormon luck.

UberBroncoMan
03-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Good guy. Poor dude always wanted to be an MLB. Had a shot vs Atlanta too when we had a lot of injuries and played well.

At least he's made a career out of FB.

bowtown
03-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Kaylor is going to be crushed.

USMCBladerunner
03-22-2012, 04:55 PM
good riddance

WTF?

How in the world did Spencer Larsen piss anyone off?

ludo21
03-22-2012, 04:57 PM
didnt even know he was a ufa

Jekyll15Hyde
03-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Why good riddance? He was solid in ST and a good bronco. Just don't slip in the shower on your way over there Spencer...

I liked his versatility but he was a terrible blocking fullback. Decent hands and made a few nice catches.

Basically I got tired of watching him get blown up all the time, particularly in short yardage. I will say he was getting a little better (but still below avg) but his playing time fell off when the offense changed to accommodate TT

I thought he was actually better as a depth LB.

yerner
03-22-2012, 05:42 PM
good riddance

Give me a break. Larsen was a all-Pac 10 LINEBACKER that changed positions to make the team and feed his family. You know how difficult that must be? He plays as hard on special teams as anyone. You lose dudes like this and the football team suffers. Why do you think New England wants him? Because he is garbage? Don't be surprised if he plays defense for the pats and makes plays.

lolcopter
03-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Give me a break. Larsen was a all-Pac 10 LINEBACKER that changed positions to make the team and feed his family. You know how difficult that must be? He plays as hard on special teams as anyone. You lose dudes like this and the football team suffers. Why do you think New England wants him? Because he is garbage? Don't be surprised if he plays defense for the pats and makes plays.

please

kappys
03-22-2012, 05:58 PM
Keith Burns 2.0. ST are important and you need to have guys like this on your team to win.

ColoradoDarin
03-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Didn't care too much for him as a FB, I thought he played LB well enough to start there over guys like Mays, and he was good on ST. In the end, he's a good guy who is replaceable.

orange skier
03-22-2012, 06:39 PM
we're paying the price for not respecting God's quarterback. expect more free agent losses. the only thing worse would have been us killing the leprechaun.

crowebomber
03-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Good guy but he'll probably get a high ankle sprain stepping off the plane.

KipCorrington25
03-22-2012, 06:57 PM
He must suck if McCheat wants him back that idiot can't judge talent to save his soul.

elsid13
03-22-2012, 07:26 PM
He is a PAT

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2012/03/22/patriots-agree-to-terms-with-spencer-larsen-one-of-the-most-patriots-type-players-ever/

broncosteven
03-22-2012, 07:29 PM
1st Lloyd, now Larsen,

I wonder if mCd waits for Belly to go get Pizza for lunch and makes a trade for KM for a 4th round pick. Elway should be all over that.

Archer81
03-22-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm wondering if Sylvester impressed enough to get a shot this season.

:Broncos:

serious hops
03-22-2012, 07:44 PM
The Colts ran a lot of single back sets, both three-wide and two-TE. We probably won't use a fullback a ton. Loved Larsen's attitude and versatility, but he was never exactly a hammer as a lead blocker, and he had real problems staying healthy. Not a big loss.

Man-Goblin
03-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Quintessential Patriots player. Will probably be playing in all three phases at some point. They always seem to get something out of these type of guys.

Now, do we even have a fullback on the ****ing roster?

DomCasual
03-22-2012, 08:34 PM

That is the thing, right there.

I hate to say it, guys, but this feels ominous.

cutthemdown
03-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Wasn't he hurt a lot?

Kaylore
03-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Wasn't he hurt a lot?

Larsen? No.

He's not really a fit here anymore. I totally get the patriots though.

doonwise
03-23-2012, 12:07 AM
Patriot fan comment on the signing:

"McDaniel’s has been on BB & the Patriots’ payroll ever since he left for Denver, his job set back the Broncos Franchise a good 5 years. Pretty brilliant move. I welcome all the former Broncos (Larsen, Lloyd, Fells welcome to titletown)"

FireFly
03-23-2012, 01:56 AM
It's a shame. I always felt like he was a hard working player who was willing to do anything to contribute.

I also always thought (in the early days) that if he'd gotten a legitimate shot at MLB he would have done well - he DID play pretty well in that one game...shame

pricejj
03-23-2012, 02:01 AM
I kinda liked Larsen, but he wasn't a great blocker, or pass catcher...

bowtown
03-23-2012, 07:04 AM
Larsen? No.

He's not really a fit here anymore. I totally get the patriots though.

You just don't think he's Mormon enough now.

Kaylore
03-23-2012, 07:18 AM
You just don't think he's Mormon enough now.

There's usually always been a Mormon on the team. We'll probably draft another now or sign one in a year or two.

I am sad to see Larsen go because he gave me a really long interview at camp (probably because I'm Mormon). He also was the first guy in forever to start at offense, defense and special teams. That won him major brownie points with everyone (see: I want to surprise butseks Spencer Larsen thread.) I am sad to see him go, but we aren't going to be a west coast offense and we aren't going to be a power running team, so a versatile FB is no longer a priority for him. He wasn't drafted by EFX and so they have no loyalty to him. I wish him well and think he's awesome but I totally understand why he went somewhere else and that's ok.

broncosteven
03-23-2012, 10:42 AM
There's usually always been a Mormon on the team. We'll probably draft another now or sign one in a year or two.

I am sad to see Larsen go because he gave me a really long interview at camp (probably because I'm Mormon). He also was the first guy in forever to start at offense, defense and special teams. That won him major brownie points with everyone (see: I want to surprise butseks Spencer Larsen thread.) I am sad to see him go, but we aren't going to be a west coast offense and we aren't going to be a power running team, so a versatile FB is no longer a priority for him. He wasn't drafted by EFX and so they have no loyalty to him. I wish him well and think he's awesome but I totally understand why he went somewhere else and that's ok.

That was a great interview.

broncosteven
03-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Patriot fan comment on the signing:

"McDanielís has been on BB & the Patriotsí payroll ever since he left for Denver, his job set back the Broncos Franchise a good 5 years. Pretty brilliant move. I welcome all the former Broncos (Larsen, Lloyd, Fells welcome to titletown)"

To call your city Title town don't you have to win a title in the last 7 years? Maybe "2nd Place Town" is more accurate.

DomCasual
03-23-2012, 11:05 AM
That was a great interview.

It reminded me a little of this! :)

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PkFSdfDm6bA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DomCasual
03-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Kaylore: Remember that time, when you wanted to go on a mission, but people told you not to go on a mission, because you were pretty good at football, but you went on a mission, and it turned out okay, because you were still good at football, even though you had gone on a mission?

Larsen: Uh, yeah! Yeah, that was actually just a few years ago. I remember it pretty well.

Kaylore: Yeah. Me, too. That was awesome!

Jekyll15Hyde
03-23-2012, 11:46 AM

I said I was OK with depth LB and if Mays is our starter, then I like(d) Larsen even more. Just not at FB.

bendog
03-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Oh. Larsen's a Mormon. Well, good riddance then. (-: Seriously a good guy, but I don't see much use for a fullback with Manning.

broncosteven
03-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Kaylore: Remember that time, when you wanted to go on a mission, but people told you not to go on a mission, because you were pretty good at football, but you went on a mission, and it turned out okay, because you were still good at football, even though you had gone on a mission?

Larsen: Uh, yeah! Yeah, that was actually just a few years ago. I remember it pretty well.

Kaylore: Yeah. Me, too. That was awesome!

As a non-mormon I am confused by your use of the word mission, my cousin's friend called taking a dump going on a mission so naturally every time I read the word mission I thought it was something else but that was a cool interview by Kahn.

DomCasual
03-23-2012, 02:18 PM
As a non-mormon I am confused by your use of the word mission, my cousin's friend called taking a dump going on a mission so naturally every time I read the word mission I thought it was something else but that was a cool interview by Kahn.

You can use mission in that sense. We're pretty open-minded.

From that perspective, I go on a mission every day - twice, some days! You hit 40, and you'd better be regular!

DomCasual
03-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Oh. Larsen's a Mormon. Well, good riddance then. (-: Seriously a good guy, but I don't see much use for a fullback with Manning.

Bastard.

bendog
03-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Peyton fear the seagulls

Kaylore
03-23-2012, 02:39 PM

Sometimes on my mission, after I ate some really old kimchi, I would go on a mission on my mission.

Chris
03-23-2012, 02:40 PM

How did he know you were Mormon? Is there a special handshake? Were you overly nice?

Tell me your secrets.

Chris
03-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Sometimes on my mission, after I ate some really old kimchi, I would go on a mission on my mission.

impossible

cutthemdown
03-23-2012, 02:56 PM
I never thought Larsen did a good job when he played FB. Seemed to miss the lead blocker all the time IMO. He's no Howard Griffith that is for sure.

Kaylore
03-23-2012, 03:17 PM
How did he know you were Mormon? Is there a special handshake? Were you overly nice?

Tell me your secrets.

Have you ever seen Highlander? We're basically highlanders.

cutthemdown
03-23-2012, 03:23 PM

BS they liked to fight and drink. Don't go trying to make being Mormon sound cool. :)

cutthemdown
03-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Kaylore its more like Bee's who do a little dance to tell other bees they are same hive.

broncosteven
03-23-2012, 07:37 PM

I always thought it was like Fight Club but with the 1st rule being go door to door and talk about Fight Club.

Kaylore
03-24-2012, 01:08 PM
I always thought it was like Fight Club but with the 1st rule being go door to door and talk about Fight Club.

LOL

TonyR
03-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Anyway, the Manning offense doesnít use a FB, practically ever. Larsen wonít be missed on offense. The Manning offense uses only two basic personnel groupings: 11, and 12. 11 personnel features 1 RB, 1 TE, and 3 WR, and itís probably used 60% of the time. 12 personnel uses 1 RB, 2 TE, and 2 WR, and itís probably used 40% of the time. The only typical in-series substitution is between the #3 WR and the #2 TE. The RB who starts a series tends to play the whole series, and the base WRs tend to never be off the field.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/understanding-the-manning-offense-part-1