PDA

View Full Version : Tebow's 95 yard drive against the Jets

Pony Boy
03-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Tebow 95 yard game winning drive against Jets

Just awesome when he runs over Derrell Revis ....

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8KR638W3tRc" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

jhns
03-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Never happened.

Tebow can't play!

/thread

hookemhess
03-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Next to the OT win in the playoffs, this is easily my second favorite Tebow moment.

edog24
03-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Awesome, thank you.

Pony Boy
03-22-2012, 03:08 PM
I remember thinking ...suck it Revis ........

lolcopter
03-22-2012, 03:09 PM
One of my favorite home games that I have ever attended

Agamemnon
03-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Probably why they wanted him.

oubronco
03-22-2012, 03:20 PM
For all the bitching about only running 2 WR's all the time that whole drive was out of 5 wide sets

Miss I.
03-22-2012, 03:20 PM
this just breaks my heart...sighhhh...i really do love that kid. damn it.

Dedhed
03-22-2012, 03:23 PM
For all the b****ing about only running 2 WR's all the time that whole drive was out of 5 wide sets

For the first time in the game and it led to a TD. See how that works?

jhns
03-22-2012, 03:23 PM
For all the b****ing about only running 2 WR's all the time that whole drive was out of 5 wide sets

And what happened on that drive?

People complained about going two wide until they had to open it up late in games. This proves that point. You are an idiot.

razorwire77
03-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Timmy is incredibly talented with his feet.

I hope the Jets are able to harness his energy in special packages and goaline situations.

oubronco
03-22-2012, 03:29 PM
For the first time in the game and it led to a TD. See how that works?

That was not the only time they ever ran 4-5 wide is the point

Pony Boy
03-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Timmy is incredibly talented with his feet.

I hope the Jets are able to harness his energy in special packages and goaline situations.

Ha .......... Rex Ryan does have a thing for feet, maybe Timmy should paint his toenails.

jhns
03-22-2012, 03:30 PM

You have no point. You are an idiot.

razorwire77
03-22-2012, 03:31 PM
And what happened on that drive?

People complained about going two wide until they had to open it up late in games. This proves that point. You are an idiot.

What happened was Timmy ran all over the place. Let's not pretend he was a passing juggernaut on that drive. Honestly, he hung that ball up to Royal in the end-zone and it took a really nice move in space by Eddie just to avoid a safety.

RADRHATR
03-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Good times!! I don't know if I would classify that as one "runs over Derrell Revis" . Thanks for the exciting season Tim Tebow.

oubronco
03-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Music to my fuggin ears

This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

edog24
03-22-2012, 03:33 PM
What happened was Timmy ran all over the place. Let's not pretend he was a passing juggernaut on that drive. Honestly, he hung that ball up to Royal in the end-zone and it took a really nice move in space by Eddie just to avoid a safety.

It looked like to me that he just caught the ball and ran forward.

jhns
03-22-2012, 03:33 PM

I guess the drive sucked because you have excuses?

jhns
03-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Music to my fuggin ears

This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Aww, the idiot got his feelings hurt after saying idiotic things... Poor guy.

Dedhed
03-22-2012, 03:38 PM
I know. They did it a lot at the end of games, and Tebow delivered from that set time and time again.

Pony Boy
03-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Holly crap folks don't dissect it, just enjoy the drive for what it was......... Tebow time at it's best and now a part of Bronco's history.

Dedhed
03-22-2012, 03:40 PM

Why does every positive comment about Tebow deserve a comment like this?

Let' not pretend it wasn't awesome to watch Tebow win that game.

Rabb
03-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Loved that, took my old man to his first game at the new place...will remember that one forever.

Dedhed
03-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Holly crap folks don't dissect it, just enjoy the drive for what it was......... Tebow time at it's best and now a part of Bronco's history.

I know. How you can watch that and not take great joy in it as a Broncos' fan is beyond me.

Ratboy
03-22-2012, 03:45 PM
lol the passes went directly into the dirt.

He does a good job on feet though. It was an exciting drive!

razorwire77
03-22-2012, 03:46 PM
I guess the drive sucked because you have excuses?

The drive was outstanding. I was screaming at the top of my lungs and couldn't talk the next day. Tim literally made plays out of nothing with his feet.

But passing the ball he was terrible. The only throw where he drove the ball like an NFL quarterback was rolling to his left at the 1:20 mark. They ran a 5 wide receiver set at 2:51 and Tim throws a terrible pass to a wide open DT.
A couple of plays later Rosario is streaking wide open on a crossing route, Tim gets the ball there, but Rosario makes a really nice adjustment to make the catch. Had Tebow stepped into that throw and hit him in stride he may have scored.

Tim made one NFL caliber throw and basically played sandlot football with his feet to will the team to victory. It was awesome, but you're not going to win games consistently like that.

Dedhed
03-22-2012, 03:51 PM
But passing the ball he was terrible.

Literally no one in this thread mentioned Tebow passing until you brought it up.

extralife
03-22-2012, 03:53 PM
I look forward to Tebow getting more playing time when Sanchez inevitably pulls a Plummer. I never thought we'd see a full blown college offense in the NFL until it happened for us last year--so why can't we end up with a college style 2 QB offense in NY next year? By week eight they're alternating series.

jhns
03-22-2012, 03:53 PM
The drive was outstanding. I was screaming at the top of my lungs and couldn't talk the next day. Tim literally made plays out of nothing with his feet.

But passing the ball he was terrible. The only throw where he drove the ball like an NFL quarterback was rolling to his left at the 1:20 mark. They ran a 5 wide receiver set at 2:51 and Tim throws a terrible pass to a wide open DT.
A couple of plays later Rosario is streaking wide open on a crossing route, Tim gets the ball there, but Rosario makes a really nice adjustment to make the catch. Had Tebow stepped into that throw and hit him in stride he may have scored.

Tim made one NFL caliber throw and basically played sandlot football with his feet to will the team to victory. It was awesome, but you're not going to win games consistently like that.

Umm, he did win games consistently like that, even though they only opened it up at the end of games. You are describing what a spread offense looks like. Remember, this was Tebows first year starting with no camp or work with that starting offense. He had well below average receivers. I'm not sure why you expect him to be completely in sync with them. The only young QB playing even close to Tebows level is Newton. He is the best from his draft class, and only Newton is better from this class.

UberBroncoMan
03-22-2012, 03:58 PM
I'll always be a Tebow fan for what he did for us and because I like a person who wants to prove everyone wrong through hard work. I just don't want him beating the Broncos. :-)

I'd have been perfectly happy going forward with Tebow if Manning didn't happen. I'll miss having a mobile QB though. Hopefully w/e we have to come after Manning can be all that.

shalowlow
03-22-2012, 04:00 PM
One of the greatest feelings as a Broncos fan I had in a long time at the end of that game.

But re-watching it now, his problems were in full force. He came up with the plays when it mattered, but was still a "crap, hold your breath" every time he threw.

3rd and 4 is a lot easier to connect through the air than with a qb draw, as we were reminded many times last season.

Once he learns to convert that third and intermediate through the air, he'll be quite the weapon.

Question is will he ever get the chance?

Chris
03-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Tebow 95 yard game winning drive against Jets

Just awesome when he runs over Derrell Revis ....

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8KR638W3tRc" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

I love the Elway slow clap. Why did we get rid of this kid? Because we couldn't handle the PR?

Spider
03-22-2012, 04:24 PM

short pass to ........it was a great drive by timmy , the problem is , he didnt do them enough .....sure in the hell didnt do shiat against KC

BABronco
03-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Sigh. Most fun ive ever had watching football was when tebow took over last year. It wasnt always pretty but it. sure was entertaining... Also won us a few games. Gonna miss that guy

edog24
03-22-2012, 04:26 PM
I love the Elway slow clap. Why did we get rid of this kid? Because we couldn't handle the PR?

Yup, pretty much.

Spider
03-22-2012, 04:29 PM

Tim made one NFL caliber throw and basically played sandlot football with his feet to will the team to victory. It was awesome, but you're not going to win games consistently like that. +1 ... but dont tell teboner that , here is how it works with them , wins = great job Tebow , your the greatest ever .....
loss , it is everyone else fault but Tebows .......they are like Tom Bradys Girl friend when she made those remarks on TV after the SB loss .. same mentality

Broncobiv
03-22-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm really gonna miss that guy. :(

The season can't get here soon enough so I can try to move on. Been a Broncos fan for 25 years, but this one really hurts!

Houshyamama
03-22-2012, 05:36 PM
I for one am going to miss that guy. Good luck in NY Tebow!!!!!!

broncogary
03-22-2012, 05:38 PM

That was what Elway did his whole career.

rbackfactory80
03-22-2012, 05:44 PM
+1 ... but dont tell teboner that , here is how it works with them , wins = great job Tebow , your the greatest ever .....
loss , it is everyone else fault but Tebows .......they are like Tom Bradys Girl friend when she made those remarks on TV after the SB loss .. same mentality

You turned into a F-ing troll. I don't know what happened but your hatred is obvious and it probably stems from you being mad at your life.

Take out your BS somewhere else.

Pony Boy
03-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Yes he will be missed

Spider
03-22-2012, 05:58 PM
You turned into a F-ing troll. I don't know what happened but your hatred is obvious and it probably stems from you being mad at your life.

Take out your BS somewhere else.

oh jeez butt hurt ... what did i say in that post that is wrong or didnt happen ? ****ing cry baby .......

Jay3
03-22-2012, 05:58 PM

As was almost always the case for the late game successes. For some reason, McCoy would do one thing for most of the game, then go to a 5 wide spread with Tebow in the backfield for "Tebow Time." Worked against Miami, Chicago, NY, San Diego.

GreatBronco16
03-22-2012, 05:59 PM
All he had to do was slap some hoes, and he would have gotten an extension instead of traded.

Damn you Tebow.........DAMN YOU!!!!!.

Yeah, I'm going to miss him. He brought the fire back to Denver.

Jay3
03-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Once he learns to convert that third and intermediate through the air, he'll be quite the weapon.

Question is will he ever get the chance?

He's pretty much got the long ball. He needs footwork improvement on everything short.

If he were truly "learning how to throw," I'd say forget about it this late. But he can throw. He just needs to learn the body mechanics of more quick, precision passing.

That was my favorite moment of the year, that Jets game. Kind of odd that he plays for them now.

rbackfactory80
03-22-2012, 06:07 PM
oh jeez butt hurt ... what did i say in that post that is wrong or didnt happen ? ****ing cry baby .......

Give me a break. You come to the middle and maybe the "teboners" will move that way too.

Your comments are asinine and off base. I ripped Tebow plenty on this board and you call me a teboner. Only a fifth grader would make fun of other students who had a different color hair.

I hate you because you disagree with me. Cry, Cry, Cry

There were 2 people all you guys made this hysterical witch-hunt looking for. You know who they are.

Jay3
03-22-2012, 06:11 PM
News flash: nobody ever considered that drive a great passing drive. The whole thing was on his feet -- that was obvious at the time.

It's still fun. It's football. If they adjust and try to make it impossible to run, it opens up more passing, like when he closed out Chicago with 18-24 passing.

Spider
03-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Give me a break. You come to the middle and maybe the "teboners" will move that way too.

Your comments are asinine and off base. I ripped Tebow plenty on this board and you call me a teboner. Only a fifth grader would make fun of other students who had a different color hair.

I hate you because you disagree with me. Cry, Cry, Cry

There were 2 people all you guys made this hysterical witch-hunt looking for. You know who they are.
ummmmmmmmmmm
you know dayum well it happened the way i said it did as for meeting teboner in the middle ? this picture sums it up

rbackfactory80
03-22-2012, 06:17 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=102408

Guess I just went all "Teboner" in a week. I criticized plenty.

Spider
03-22-2012, 06:22 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=102408

Guess I just went all "Teboner" in a week. I criticized plenty.

still trying to figure out where you got it was aimed at you , but you wanna be a toboner fine by me ........you need the drama I guess to make it about you ... Have fun with that.... in the mean time

capt. Jack
03-22-2012, 06:28 PM
We were so happy that night! Pure excitement, feeling really optimistic about the future of The Broncos! Now I just don't feel the same way?

DENVERDUI55
03-22-2012, 06:52 PM
You have no point. You are an idiot.

You should come up with something different. The only constant in the equation is the guy saying that to everyone. Oh yeah he is really disliked on this board.

GreeleyGrizzley
03-22-2012, 07:11 PM
One of the best seasons I can remember. So much fun. Good luck Timmy!

Steve Prefontaine
03-22-2012, 07:15 PM
That was such an awesome game and a great memory. Last season was a lot of fun. Hopefully this year will be even better.

Steve Prefontaine
03-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Oh, and excellent job of derailing by the 2 ****tards ITT.

Spider
03-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Oh, and excellent job of derailing by the 2 ****tards ITT.

awwwwwwwwwww butt hurt so sorry , need a hug or milk and cookies ?

g00fyfoot
03-22-2012, 07:18 PM
That game was incredibly boring up until that drive. Nothing going on. Then when Tebow ran it out to the 27 on 2nd and 2 I knew it was going to happen. The rest was awesome.

Steve Prefontaine
03-22-2012, 07:22 PM
awwwwwwwwwww butt hurt so sorry , need a hug or milk and cookies ?

Interesting that you admit you're a ****tard. Wasn't even including you in that number. So 3 ****tards.

Spider
03-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Interesting that you admit you're a ****tard. Wasn't even including you in that number. So 3 ****tards.
Apology accepted .......

Broncobiv
03-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Prior to this past season, I don't recall Spider being nearly this much of a troll.

Little known Tebow-effect?

Spider
03-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Prior to this past season, I don't recall Spider being nearly this much of a troll.

BroncoHI
03-22-2012, 11:36 PM
I know. How you can watch that and not take great joy in it as a Broncos' fan is beyond me.

I agree

One of the best seasons since recent memory

Shananahan
03-22-2012, 11:40 PM

It's probably just a brain tumor or something.

Miss I.
03-22-2012, 11:56 PM
It's probably just a brain tumor or something.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/001/09/001-0919195404-Its-not-a-tumor.JPG

IT was supposed to be the damned video from the movie, but i've been having pasting embed code issues recently. so the picture edit will have to do.

And thanks Shan, I know I am winner..

NUB
03-23-2012, 03:41 AM
The team went 4-12 the previous year. Started 1-4. Do you think Tebow quarterbacked a good team into the playoffs? And he only has 16-games of starting experience. Tall, strong-armed QBs are a dime a dozen. What you see displayed in that video cannot be taught, but learning the NFL passing game is a natural progression. Something players can learn. For some reason, Tebow was never offered time to do such a thing. So now we have Manning -- clearly the last piece to the puzzle, right? And when that move inevitably fails we'll be back to square one all over again. Yeesh.

jhns
03-23-2012, 07:08 AM
You should come up with something different. The only constant in the equation is the guy saying that to everyone. Oh yeah he is really disliked on this board.

You are just mad because you are also an idiot.

I could just argue that going five wide late in the game, is proof that we don't just wait until the end of the game to go five wide! Brilliant!

Mk2
03-23-2012, 09:22 AM
The team went 4-12 the previous year. Started 1-4. Do you think Tebow quarterbacked a good team into the playoffs? And he only has 16-games of starting experience. Tall, strong-armed QBs are a dime a dozen. What you see displayed in that video cannot be taught, but learning the NFL passing game is a natural progression. Something players can learn. For some reason, Tebow was never offered time to do such a thing. So now we have Manning -- clearly the last piece to the puzzle, right? And when that move inevitably fails we'll be back to square one all over again. Yeesh.

It's falling on deaf ears for some but I agree! Except the Mannng part , he will be fine