PDA

View Full Version : Bears sign Michael Bush (Forte angry)

Taco John
03-22-2012, 12:06 PM
A lot of folks here wanted Bush...

Deal is for 4 years, $14m.

https://twitter.com/#!/profootballtalk/status/182855890620264450

Shananahan
03-22-2012, 12:08 PM
It's a great deal for Chicago. I'd have loved to see him here at that price.

Rohirrim
03-22-2012, 12:09 PM
And now Forte is squealing. Ha!

“There’s only so many times a man that has done everything he’s been asked to do can be disrespected!” Forte tweeted. “Guess the GOOD GUYs do finish last.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/forte-not-happy-after-bears-sign-michael-bush/

Taco John
03-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Forte is pissed!

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/11467032-606/matt-forte-feels-disrespected-by-bears-signing-of-michael-bush.html

Kaylore
03-22-2012, 12:12 PM
When the mock draft winds down, I'll spill about players I'd like to see us draft in later rounds that will fit right in.

2KBack
03-22-2012, 12:15 PM
I'll take forte in a heartbeat, he would be perfect here. I wanted him in the draft

bfoflcommish
03-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Forte would look great behind Manning

extralife
03-22-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't know why the hell we wouldn't be interested in Bush at that price.

Borks147
03-22-2012, 12:24 PM
I don't know why the hell we wouldn't be interested in Bush at that price.

Who's to say he wasn't interested in the Broncos?

55CrushEm
03-22-2012, 12:28 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YWshbNTYVqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncosteven
03-22-2012, 12:34 PM
I say we make a package of some picks to land Forte.

He would be unstoppable with Manning and Willis would make a great complementary back.

**** the D!

broncswin
03-22-2012, 12:41 PM
what would it take to get this guy...has he been tagged yet? I would love to see him in orange and blue!

Orange_Beard
03-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Happy to see him leave the AFC West.....

TonyR
03-22-2012, 12:46 PM
...has he been tagged yet?

Yes, he was franchise tagged. This move hints that maybe they don't plan to keep him. That's a lot of $ invested the RB position.

broncosteven
03-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Yes, he was franchise tagged. This move hints that maybe they don't plan to keep him. That's a lot of $ invested the RB position.

I think he was going to hold out or threatened to hold out. I wonder if after this signing duh bears don't move him by the end of the draft.

Plus with Tice and Bates calling the plays I bet he want's a bigger back and attack downfield more.

maher_tyler
03-22-2012, 01:00 PM
I say we make a package of some picks to land Forte.

He would be unstoppable with Manning and Willis would make a great complementary back.

**** the D!

The FO office, so far, has ignored the biggest hole on this team in DT! Thinking they will make a trade like this is a pipe dream. They seem pretty content signing average at best players outside of PM!

broncswin
03-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Storm the Forte and and declare it ours

R8R H8R
03-22-2012, 01:02 PM
That's a lot of money for a guy(Bush) that would only be a complimentary back to MCGahee. Also, he would be a better type back for a Tebow type offense.

I said this before in another thread, but I still think that w/ Manning, Knowshon, if healthy and sober, would be a better fit at RB than Bush or Tolbert.

Since we can't rely on Knowshon, I figure they will look at Adai or someone like him, or just draft that kind of back. As we know, RB's can usually come in as a rookie and contribute right away.

Forte' would be perfect, but I don't see EFX giving up a high pick for him, and I wouldn't want them to.

maher_tyler
03-22-2012, 01:15 PM
That's a lot of money for a guy(Bush) that would only be a complimentary back to MCGahee. Also, he would be a better type back for a Tebow type offense.

I said this before in another thread, but I still think that w/ Manning, Knowshon, if healthy and sober, would be a better fit at RB than Bush or Tolbert.

Since we can't rely on Knowshon, I figure they will look at Adai or someone like him, or just draft that kind of back. As we know, RB's can usually come in as a rookie and contribute right away.

Forte' would be perfect, but I don't see EFX giving up a high pick for him, and I wouldn't want them to.

I change of pace guy would be nice. McGahee will get you 5-10 yard runs here and there. We need a guy that can take it the distance at any given moment. Only guy we currently have that can really do that is DT.

broncswin
03-22-2012, 01:15 PM

Oh...god dammit you just had to go and put logic behind it...that just ruined my day!

Crushaholic
03-22-2012, 01:19 PM
I would love to have Forte's talent, but the whining is pure Jay Cutler-esque...

TonyR
03-22-2012, 01:21 PM
The FO office, so far, has ignored the biggest hole on this team in DT!

Not to mention LB (they needed an upgrade over Mays and didnn't get one), CB (need an upgrade over Goodman), TE (need a warm body at this point), RB (at the very least need some depth), S (is Adams an upgrade?), WR (is Caldwell enough?), interior OL ( ideally need to upgrade over Walton and/or Beadles). I'm not saying they need to do all of these things, and that they can't do some of them in the draft, but as of now they've done few, if any. Frustrating.

cmhargrove
03-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Forte would be a perfect weapon in a Manning led offense, but I just don't see them ponying up the cash or picks that it would take.

I'm ok taking one of the young studs in this year's draft since it looks like there is good value all the way through rounds 3-4. Keep building the O-line and we could make all these dudes look good. Let's make sure we improve LG and Center before we spend a lot of money on RB's.

R8R H8R
03-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Oh...god dammit you just had to go and put logic behind it...that just ruined my day!

I try ;D

Seriously though, EFX is sticking to their plan of using FA to plug holes with "value" type guys, but build the team with the draft. It's the Pittsburgh way. It works, but you better hit on your draft picks.

It may frustrate us fans to no end, but I have to hand it to them, they are doing exactly what they told us they would do when they started the re-build over a year ago.

Now let's sign and/or draft a DT or two, damn it!!!

extralife
03-22-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm warming up to this Forte thing, much as I don't like throwing big bucks at running backs. He really is the ideal back for a Manning offense.

R8R H8R
Forte would be a perfect weapon in a Manning led offense, but I just don't see them ponying up the cash or picks that it would take.

I'm ok taking one of the young studs in this year's draft since it looks like there is good value all the way through rounds 3-4. Keep building the O-line and we could make all these dudes look good. Let's make sure we improve LG and Center before we spend a lot of money on RB's.

Totally agree with your post.

Dedhed
I'll take forte in a heartbeat, he would be perfect here. I wanted him in the draft

Forte is a poor man's David Wilson.

CEH
03-22-2012, 01:50 PM

Funny thing is Denver did not attend Wilson's Pro Day. Atleast they were not listed as teams

2KBack
03-22-2012, 02:01 PM

David Wilson made the NFL pro-bowl from college? that is impressive

TheChamp24
03-22-2012, 02:25 PM
No to signing RB's to huge contracts in their mid years!

Archer81
03-22-2012, 02:28 PM
I would love to have Forte's talent, but the whining is pure Jay Cutler-esque...

In Forte's defense, when you are 40% of the offense and they handle you like a red headed stepchild, a little bitching is expected.

:Broncos:

Dedhed
03-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Funny thing is Denver did not attend Wilson's Pro Day. Atleast they were not listed as teams

Perhaps they're going Shanahan style, all sleuth like. Hopefully they're not taking many draft pages from Shanny's book though.

I doubt the Broncos will draft Wilson, but outside of Richardson, I think he's easily the best back in this class and could be a great weapon for Manning.

Lestat
03-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Forte has been mad for many seasons. problem is his asking price is too high, the contracts for Peterson and Johnson have skewed the market on RB prices that it's hard to properly compensate a RB that's lesser than them.

that said, Angelo supremely screwed this contract process up. Forte should have been signed 2 years ago.

broncogary
03-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Forte has been mad for many seasons. problem is his asking price is too high, the contracts for Peterson and Johnson have skewed the market on RB prices that it's hard to properly compensate a RB that's lesser than them.

that said, Angelo supremely screwed this contract process up. Forte should have been signed 2 years ago.

I'd think he'd come about 80% of Arian Foster's new contract.

Lestat
03-22-2012, 04:47 PM
i betcha he feels he's a better and more proven back than Foster and wants more though.
they have similar numbers though Foster's are better since he's come on strong.
I'd think he'd come about 80% of Arian Foster's new contract.

broncogary
03-22-2012, 04:57 PM
i betcha he feels he's a better and more proven back than Foster and wants more though.
they have similar numbers though Foster's are better since he's come on strong.

Yeah, but the reality is that Foster's the best back in the league.

extralife
03-22-2012, 05:03 PM
I do wish we would try to bring in one more above average starter this offseason; somebody that we might actually have to pay for.

broncosteven
03-22-2012, 05:46 PM

He is getting prison raped by duh bears. They should have given him a pay day last year with all the carries they rely on him for.

maven
03-22-2012, 07:52 PM

Agree. I wouldn't pay big $$ for Forte. Pick one up in the draft. RB's are plentiful every year.

cutthemdown
03-22-2012, 08:12 PM
If Forte was smart he would sign the tender then play to not get injured.

Taco John
03-22-2012, 08:18 PM

He's 26 years old, not 30.

lolcopter
03-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Forte is getting screwed though forreal

TheReverend
03-22-2012, 08:24 PM
When the mock draft winds down, I'll spill about players I'd like to see us draft in later rounds that will fit right in.

lol I've been fighting so hard to avoid draft threads for the same reason Ha!

TheChamp24
03-23-2012, 05:49 AM
He's 26 years old, not 30.

Edgerrin James I believe was 27 years old when he got his big contract with the Cardinals.
Shaun Alexander was 28 when he signed his big contract.

26/27 years old is the "mid years" for a RB. Unless you have an absolutely amazing RB, I don't see the point in signing someone to a big contract at that position.

Beantown Bronco
03-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Jonathan Stewart would sign for less than half of what Forte wants.....and he'd require less compensation in a trade. Just sayin.

Drek
03-23-2012, 06:35 AM
Jonathan Stewart would sign for less than half of what Forte wants.....and he'd require less compensation in a trade. Just sayin.

Stewart isn't nearly the receiving RB that Forte is, and Manning loves dumping it off to his RBs.

BroncoInferno
03-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Stewart isn't nearly the receiving RB that Forte is, and Manning loves dumping it off to his RBs.

Stewart had 47 grabs last season. He's not bad at that.

Broncoman13
03-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Stewart had 47 grabs last season. He's not bad at that.

Hmmmmm

Taco John
03-23-2012, 08:17 AM
The Chicago Tribune reported that last year Forte sought a contract that would guarantee him $20 million and average $8 million a year. If true, there's no plausible explanation for why the deal hasn't gotten done, considering he would get nearly that much in guarantees as a franchise player this year and next. As it is, the Bears have spent roughly $17.5 million over the past four seasons on Forte's backups, starting with Kevin Jones, then Chester Taylor and Marion Barber, and now Michael Bush, who on Thursday signed a four-year deal that includes $7 million in guarantees.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/jim_trotter/03/23/matt.forte/index.html#ixzz1pxAS7Ig7

OrangeCrush2724
03-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Not to mention LB (they needed an upgrade over Mays and didnn't get one), CB (need an upgrade over Goodman), TE (need a warm body at this point), RB (at the very least need some depth), S (is Adams an upgrade?), WR (is Caldwell enough?), interior OL ( ideally need to upgrade over Walton and/or Beadles). I'm not saying they need to do all of these things, and that they can't do some of them in the draft, but as of now they've done few, if any. Frustrating.

Not to mention a back up QB; and our 1st round pick has to go towards a DT.

TonyR
03-23-2012, 08:44 AM
Not to mention a back up QB; and our 1st round pick has to go towards a DT.

You can take CB and TD off my list. Onward and upward!

broncosteven
03-23-2012, 09:28 AM
The Chicago Tribune reported that last year Forte sought a contract that would guarantee him $20 million and average $8 million a year. If true, there's no plausible explanation for why the deal hasn't gotten done, considering he would get nearly that much in guarantees as a franchise player this year and next. As it is, the Bears have spent roughly $17.5 million over the past four seasons on Forte's backups, starting with Kevin Jones, then Chester Taylor and Marion Barber, and now Michael Bush, who on Thursday signed a four-year deal that includes $7 million in guarantees.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/jim_trotter/03/23/matt.forte/index.html#ixzz1pxAS7Ig7

Yep, if we could get him for a package of this and next years 2-4th he would be perfect for Manning. I think duh bears want a bigger power running back, not sure why they haven't locked up Forte for years it is hard for them to find a stud in the draft.

BroncoBen
03-23-2012, 12:07 PM
I see that Bears RB Marion Barber has retired today.. now I see why the Bears signed Michael Bush. So now maybe Matt Forte can stop his bitching.

Crushaholic
03-23-2012, 12:15 PM
I see that Bears RB Marion Barber has retired today.. now I see why the Bears signed Michael Bush. So now maybe Matt Forte can stop his b****ing.

Thank you, Marion, for allowing the Broncos to get enough wins to make the playoffs...:notworthy